Page 126 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3109
  1. #1876
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Nothing works. It seems immune to the venom and poison.

    Baric stamps its feet, and a weave of sickness and rot expands outward, taking in the entire room.
    Sasheem swears intenrally, thinking back on everything that was said about the Nuckalevee in the overview Ishtar had given. ....nothing came to mind that was particularly helpful at the present time.

    So of course the former Greater Annihilator, the Hero of Capital City, as he would soon assuredly be called, had to rely on himself for now. Nothing new there.

    The rot was spreading fast and so the Majin had to act fast. He quickly grabbed one of boxes and zapped it with his antennae, turning it into....flour.

    Though instead of attempting to bake anything, the Majin had used it as a smokescreen. It didn't seem to hide his movements completely, however. Two flashes could be seen as he zapped two more objects in the room and his silhouette could be seen running around the room, trying to find a way to avoid the ever approaching Baric.

  2. #1877
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Only for Marduk to move just enough that the ax whistles past his ear.
    Parsley missed, but her momentum spun her around, giving her an angle to fire a Dark Spiral at one of her reflective panes. It ricocheted off one after the other around and above Marduk, eventually bearing down on him from above.

    The beam was continuous. If he touched it, it would explode.

  3. #1878
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She just saw Tasure get kicked away. Now a wave of TK’ed projectiles are flying at Sarada.
    Several of her own blasts were moved to intercept the wave as Sarada took to the air to make her move. Between Cthylla, Hops, Tasure, and Dash, she hoped Sickle was distracted enough.

    She knew that Namekians couldn't regenerate their heads. She also knew that The Doctor knew that and compensated for that weakness. Therefore, the only weakspot was its heart. With that in mind, she knew what to do.

    The remaining blasts were broken down into pollen sized globs and flowed like dust in the wind around Sickle. With a twitch of her finger, she detonated them at once.

    If it hit or not didn't matter, she needed her distracted.

    5 posts remaining

  4. #1879
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She is partially successful. One horn misses, and the other carves an inch deep line across his chest as he spins away from her. Clutching his wound, he glares at Ishtar.

    “Void energy. You’ve become far from an Oni, Ishtar. You are more like Marduk and myself then you realize. Pity you’ll die here.”

    Bloodwrath pulses and blood runes appear up and down the blade as he prepares something.
    My aim was off ... damn. Though at the least he is bleeding ... a thing to make use of, later.

    Rebounding, the Oni pivoted and fired off another torrent of electricity at Teshub, before responding to his comment with: "The difference between us Teshub, is that I have not sacrificed who I am in my pursuit of truth." Lied to ? Most certainly, but she had ever remained Ishtar.

    Noting that the Oni was preparing to cast something however, she growled and with an influx of energy into the Katchin that coated her extremeties the Oni fashioned a spear ... and planting her foot she hurled it, not at Teshub, but the blade itself.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  5. #1880
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    After a few moments it stops as Sickle seems briefly occupied by the Voidling.
    Once the assault ends, Dash drops her shield but stays vigilant. As she debates joining the attack on the hybred, she glances around to the others. Unless they were able to at least defend themselves, she had no choice but to stay close. To protect them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #1881
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Again, she manages to bring it to its knees, though her maws seem too weak to take the hounds out.
    With the shadows of the facility acting more or less as a home turf, Karine was more or less in her element. She could use her own powers naturally to be sure, true, but it went without saying went up when in the dark where she could use her Shadow Stealth to a higher degree. Combine not being able to be heard, seen, and able to hide her energy it made her a perfect assassin or 'special ops' when it came to sneaking around for death strikes.

    The mechanical creatures didn't seem as powerful as the others, never the less they were in the way and she wouldn't underestimate them.

    Using her own shadows along with the natural ones occuring, she opted to crush and immobilize some of the others. It was best using this method instead of explosions and potentially harming her allies.

    ____________

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The tail actually falls off a foot south of where you injected it, the limp portion falling in your hands and no longer choking Hops.

    Sickle’s tail end almost immediately regrows.

    A brow is raised as the tail retracts to normal length, Sickle gazing at Cthylla.

    “Curious.”

    Cthylla is picked up by TK and rammed into Hops behind her, the two going through one of the deserted pods.
    It was a chaotic mess at the moment and while the situation wasn't one to be desired in Aleka's mind it was never the less something that needed to be dealt with. While they were(hopefully) not paying attention to them, she summoned two of her energy disk aiming at vital areas, if they could connect. The good part was, unlike others of the same 'type' they didn't make any noise that would make them obvious and give them away. In addition with her control she wasn't worried about hitting one of her allies. She remembered an..incident some time ago when someone had tried a similar technique without the practice; it hadn't ended well.

    Even if it failed, if it made their attention slip it was all the more worth it so her allies could wrap this up as quickly as possible.

  7. #1882
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The samurai falls for it, and Blizzar finds a perfect opening to shower the cyborg with his punches. Dents and sparks fly as Kenbo is hanmered for se real seconds before glaring power around him enough to push Blizzar away.

    Kenbo falls to one knee, sword point down in the ground as he leans against it. His chest isnít dented in and sparks fly from the damage in places.
    "That's it?" Blizzar asked. "Surely you've got more fight int you then that, old boy," stated, his fists still raised. He knew was Ken was now capable of thanks to his appearance at that accursed tournament.

    The Arcosian had to wonder...he stood still not approaching Kenbo any further, but instead launching a piece of rubble at the swordsman. He had no doubt that his punches hurt, but he had a brief feeling that Ken had, for once in any if their duels, may be attempting a cheap trick of his own.

    ***

    A Junjo cell operating in Namekian space. A dangerous precedent. Fortunately, the Galaxy Police were able to bust them before their first shipment would be sent out. Dozens of officers stood inside the cargo bay of the Junjo vessel. Some doing a full sweep of the ship, others interviewing victims before returning them home and others, such as Blizzar we're overseeing the entire operation.

    "Blizzar, Kottage!" Ken greeted, approaching his fellow captains, who stood observing on the upper deck of the cargo bay. "Have you caught wind of who the Junjo' employers are."

    "I have indeed!" Blizzar replied in a chipper tone. "An Arcosian duke. Meaning it's all the more fitting that I be the one to, ah, reappropriate the funds," the Arcosian captain chuckled, raising his palm to reveal a small device, with a holographic screen displaying an "87%," to indicate that how far along it was into hacking the Junjo mainframe.

    "Oy, just make sure ya give 'ol Kottage hiscut eh," Kottage elbowed Blizzar with a wink.

    "This....you can't do this," Ken shook his head. "There are better uses for-"

    "I don't see why anyone would be too concerned if sime if the Junjo's ill gained funds happen to disappear. The Arcosian's payed quite a hefty sum and it would do the galaxy no favors to simply confiscate it," Blizzar countered. "The least we can do is redistribute the wealth!"

    "It's blood money!" Ken retorted. "If this goes anywhere it should go to the victims and their families!"

    "And as the ones who spilled Junjo blood, it's only fair that we take their money!" Blizzar argued. "As for their families....they're all safe. No casualties. They've already gotten more than they could ever asked for, have they not?"

    "You are my friend...so know that I mean this when I say it,. This is vile," Ken frowned, his hands balled into fists as he shook with rage . "You are vile."

    "No, my friend..." Blizzar shook his head as he glanced down at his hacking device. 100%. "I...am rich!" the Frost Demon smirked.

  8. #1883
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Marduk mutters a quick curse, magic flaring that shatters the Foci hold on him, his electrical attack fizzling out. His black arm oozes a bit and forms into a sharpened blade as he steps forward quickly to meet Etrina head on.
    Parsley quickly dashed to his flank, her ax whistling through the air to take his head off his shoulders.
    Only for Marduk to move just enough that the ax whistles past his ear.
    Parsley missed, but her momentum spun her around, giving her an angle to fire a Dark Spiral at one of her reflective panes. It ricocheted off one after the other around and above Marduk, eventually bearing down on him from above.

    The beam was continuous. If he touched it, it would explode.
    Catching sight of Parsleys follow up attack, Etrina decided on her course of action. Tapping into the magic she had shunted along the timeline to quickly merge into her own spellwork, the mage cast a powerful cryomantic spell at double its normal strength, coating and crystalizing a layer of ice around the oni's arms, legs and torso to prevent him from avoiding the incoming death beam.

  9. #1884
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The tail actually falls off a foot south of where you injected it, the limp portion falling in your hands and no longer choking Hops.

    Sickleís tail end almost immediately regrows.

    A brow is raised as the tail retracts to normal length, Sickle gazing at Cthylla.

    ďCurious.Ē

    Cthylla is picked up by TK and rammed into Hops behind her, the two going through one of the deserted pods.
    "Oh" Cthylla exclaimed as she was thrown, very hard, into hops.....and propelled through the nearby statis pod.

    Upon emerging from the other side, but before they can make a hard impact against the wall of the chamber, Cthylla void steps ahead along the pat and quickly catches the still flying hops....swinging him around before placing him down on his feet. The Voidling lightly brushes the broken glass and dust off his shoulders, then turned her attention back to the enemy.

    "Curious, Are you?" The Voiding shot forward, void energy gathering on the tip of her finger. "Then let me show you more..." She fired several controlled beams of energy, using void cuts to redirect their trajectory to attack the being from multiple angles.

  10. #1885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Downed by Ochazuke, the remaining large mech gets skewered by Heldís spear, silencing the thing forever.

    Only the hounds down the hall remain.
    Following in the rush towards the Doctor, Ochazuke now had an unobstructed view of their enemy. Two down...thirty-seven await. The Doctor's appropriated guardians of this stellar forge seemed to creep out of the crevices of this metallic space without end.

    As Erosa and Charco forged ahead along with the others, Ochazuke stopped for a moment and surveyed the downed mechanical sentries. The Id had specifically noted the damage their guns could inflict; The sizzling holes ruptured around the area tracing her hunter's path more than spoke to that.

    With heave, he flipped one of them over, and with a sharp kick he dislodged the ammunition belt from the mech frame. Prying the cold metallic fingers off the weapon one by one, he then analyzed the functionality of the weapon.

  11. #1886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell¬’s Brigade View Post
    Already weakened by Parsley and then absorbing Praxat¬’s blast, Marduk doesn¬’t have time to enchant the circle again before the Dragon¬’s Fire shatters the circle. The Oni moves back, hand cupping a bolt of electricity that he flings into Zaofan¬’s face.
    Success! Whatever means this Oni had to absorb and repurpose the energy needed consummate focus. Zaofan was taken aback at first. Of all the Oni he had known - one - he'd never seen them take a step back without specific intentions-

    Lightning. ...oh, that's why. Despite his early trepidition, even as that hand raised to his face, a small grin broke on Zaofan's face.

    The Pressure Kicker still built up in his legs, the technique of his steps following in Mara the Wolf's guidance coursed through him, exhilarating. Before the fight he thought he was just some guy passing through, but now?

    If he'd have to outrace a bolt of lightning, he'd welcome the challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "HEY! THAT'S A COOL ATTACK YA GOT THERE!" The Red Foci shouted, and with a sudden shift the the flow of time the lightning froze mere inchs out from the Onis hands as both foci target him and the attack with a pair of weak temporal locks.

    "Sham if something were to.....to .....Yaawwwwwnnn....." Green almost floated upside down while yawning, but added her magic to the lock nonetheless. Hers locked the onis foot in place to prevent an easy escape.

    Though far slower then Zaofan, Etrina was already catching up with ice sword ready and a cyromancy spell brewing in her free hand. "Zaofan! Right Flank!" The magic condensed into a shard of sharpened ice that she was prepared to launch as soon as she hand a free shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell¬’s Brigade View Post
    Marduk mutters a quick curse, magic flaring that shatters the Foci hold on him, his electrical attack fizzling out. His black arm oozes a bit and forms into a sharpened blade as he steps forward quickly to meet Etrina head on.
    As soon as he heard her direction, the chef dipped out of the way for the Foci and Etrina to go to work. Leave it to the mistress to come up with something as brilliant as that! But oh, this was a problem.

    The Oni started pushing forward!

    If this keeps up, with Marduk in front and Teshub behind...

    Of course, now that he had no barrier, he also betrayed that in some respects, he was quite vulnerable, and when Parsley pressed the attack, he saw the part he had to play clearly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley quickly dashed to his flank, her ax whistling through the air to take his head off his shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell¬’s Brigade View Post
    Only for Marduk to move just enough that the ax whistles past his ear.
    -and for Zaofan to kick his footwork into a higher gear than before!

    I can't put this guy down by myself. Never been the hardest hitter. I know that better than anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Catching sight of Parsleys follow up attack, Etrina decided on her course of action. Tapping into the magic she had shunted along the timeline to quickly merge into her own spellwork, the mage cast a powerful cryomantic spell at double its normal strength, coating and crystalizing a layer of ice around the oni's arms, legs and torso to prevent him from avoiding the incoming death beam.
    Moving in tandem with Etrina, Zaofan kicked off five times faster now* Zaofan's katchin staff blitzed, sheared against air friction, and slammed into the back of Marduk's legs, then his body, in a sequence of nineteen rapidfire blows that seemed to come from multiple directions at once, each fiercer in the momentum shift than the last.

    But what I can do is help stop you from moving!

    Wolf Fang Fist: Bo-staff Barrage!



    *Zaofan's base PL 1.1 million + Wolf's's Prowl (x3) + Pressure Kicker & Wolf Fang Fixt (x2) = 5.5 million (speed only)
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-03-2019 at 05:22 PM.

  12. #1887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Once the assault ends, Dash drops her shield but stays vigilant. As she debates joining the attack on the hybred, she glances around to the others. Unless they were able to at least defend themselves, she had no choice but to stay close. To protect them.
    Althena goes into boost mode. Her size decreases, and she becomes much leaner, and steam starts coming off her body. Althena then uses Gigantic Guard as she inflates her hands to three times larger than her body.


    PL decreased from 900,000 to 750,000, but speed is significantly increased.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-03-2019 at 09:06 PM.

  13. #1888
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem swears intenrally, thinking back on everything that was said about the Nuckalevee in the overview Ishtar had given. ....nothing came to mind that was particularly helpful at the present time.

    So of course the former Greater Annihilator, the Hero of Capital City, as he would soon assuredly be called, had to rely on himself for now. Nothing new there.

    The rot was spreading fast and so the Majin had to act fast. He quickly grabbed one of boxes and zapped it with his antennae, turning it into....flour.

    Though instead of attempting to bake anything, the Majin had used it as a smokescreen. It didn't seem to hide his movements completely, however. Two flashes could be seen as he zapped two more objects in the room and his silhouette could be seen running around the room, trying to find a way to avoid the ever approaching Baric.
    Baric doesnít bother to go after Sasheem. Instead it arrogantly comes forward, seeking to find him amidst the flour.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1889
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley missed, but her momentum spun her around, giving her an angle to fire a Dark Spiral at one of her reflective panes. It ricocheted off one after the other around and above Marduk, eventually bearing down on him from above.

    The beam was continuous. If he touched it, it would explode.
    Instead of touching him, his black arm whips upwards and the blast disappears into the arm, like a black hole devouring light.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #1890
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Several of her own blasts were moved to intercept the wave as Sarada took to the air to make her move. Between Cthylla, Hops, Tasure, and Dash, she hoped Sickle was distracted enough.

    She knew that Namekians couldn't regenerate their heads. She also knew that The Doctor knew that and compensated for that weakness. Therefore, the only weakspot was its heart. With that in mind, she knew what to do.

    The remaining blasts were broken down into pollen sized globs and flowed like dust in the wind around Sickle. With a twitch of her finger, she detonated them at once.

    If it hit or not didn't matter, she needed her distracted.

    5 posts remaining
    An energy barrier springs up just in time to protect Sickle from the attack.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •