Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
Ah, this frog was no friend of Held's then. Quite the opposite, judging from his body language. Blizzar had seen this before. Like life emrgy itself, it had its own aura. Vengeance. Such a thing...could be easily manipulated to amusing and profitable results, but this was not the day to do so, unfortunately.

"He has been pardoned, yes...." Blizzar scratched his head, watching curiously as Dash left the room in a hurry. She hadn't recognized the Toadian. Perhaps further evidence that this well-spoken amphibian were a figment of a stressed mind. The Arcosian nearly chuckled to himself. But to the matter at hand...

"And given recent circumstances, I'm afraid that isn't to be lifted any time soon," Blizzar noted, in a sympathetic tone. "Trust that he will return soon and you will eventually have your answers...but for now we prepare for a mission in which the stakes are quite dire. His help may be greatly appreciated."
"Pathetic."

The Toadian could not help but be disgusted by the strength of this world, or the lack of it. He had heard the words made by this officer, sworn to uphold justice, and he found them to be sweet words that masked the foulness behind them.

"Is this the strength of this planet? Is it so weak and pitiful that it would call murderers and monsters their saviors?!"

He shook his head in disgust.

"No wonder he fled to this planet. I had heard that he was opportunistic, but I see the tales were modest."

It was truly madness. He had been prepared for all sorts of encounters, with all sorts of beings, and all manner of conflict on the road to find the Nevadian...But to find his presence so...accepted. Treated as necessary and wanted....It was beyond his expectations.

"And even if this planet is so desperate, what of the Galaxy Police? What could a rouge Nevadian provide you that your own brothers in arms could not? How could you simply allow--"

He paused.

The officer had told him that Held would return soon, didn't he? Very little else mattered. He was in the right place, at the right time, and it was simply a matter of waiting for his return.

But still. Frogspierre's ire burned at his soul hotter than any iron could.

"I'm curious. How does this work? How many worlds does one have to destroy before forgiveness is impossible? How many have to be saved to wipe away the sins of ones past? Did he simply save this world a single time, and it was decided that had balanced out his transgression?"

He adjusted his rucksack, his grip on the strings holding it over his shoulder so tight that it could rend steel.

"Your badge is a symbol of justice, is it not? Tell me, is this truly what you would consider right?"

What could possibly be on this planet that the Galaxy Police would go to such lengths for? All life has its value, but...It's unusual to see such effort exerted for a planet with so little tangible value. Technologically, economically, let alone in terms of might, they seem to be nothing special.