Page 69 of 294 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Morgana laughs, the sound like bells.

“I’m arguably one of the oldest people on the planet. I’m over seven hundred years old.”

She gestures around her.

“Looks are deceiving. I am well versed, I assure you, in matters psychic. In fact....I too have a spirit residing within me. An old spirit.”
    Cyanna, her mouth twisted slightly as she thought to herself, "Eva, Iris, Lady Reimi, and now Morgana, all of them stayed so young looking. Wish I knew how to do that."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-13-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Where the heat lashed against his meditational field, he already had a notion of what she was about to do. How Saiyan. A grimace spread over Ochazuke's face, and tilt forward in the throes of his next move, it seemed almost a devilish grin.

When he had laid hands on the Golem, Ochazuke felt directly the course of the energy that informed Damask's nature. Reconstituted of the Earth, over and over again. There was no mistaking it; that the same energy that guided Zxu'ro's expression also flooded through its ancient construction.

So much the better, for he pooled the greater share of strength from its unliving frame, drawing on the same energy with Taikyokuken to further amplify the Bear's Strength at a decisive instant, and ripped Damask from the ground below their feet and sent him hurtling upwards towards the Geofront's artificial sky.

Parsley had her hand to play, and so he would keep this thing occupied, flying up after it as he began to charge energy into his hands.
    The Golem is ripped free, and Ochazuke gets the sense that the golem saw..something.......within him as he executed the maneuver. A brief resonance.

Either way, the golem is untethered from the artificial ground and now sailing upwards.

——-

Adam and Gero are in a fierce battle, but shortly the scientists is wrapped up like snake would its prey.
    Ochazuke's maneuver ripped the creature from the earth, upending it and sending it sailing skyward. Soon after, Blizzar and his men were clear. In this time, Parsley had been pondering how to go about this. She figured that however much she glassed, the city would still be supported, but she wasn't sure. Architecture wasn't much of her forte. Nor did it really matter to her, to be honest. As long as no one was killed, that was where the majority of her concerns ended.

"Heh, unkillable, hm?" she sneered at Gero, even as the pitiful human was entangled in the android's serpentine body. "Unless I'm mistaken, this creature draws its invulnerability from the earth, correct? Can't connect to the ground if there is no ground." She slammed her hands down and sent a torrent of near molten ki into the ground. It spread for only a mile outward -- that should have been enough to cover any escape routes until the creature could be destroyed properly. She bypassed the floor and the pavement outside and struck the dirt and rock under it, transmuting it into tons and tons of solid glass.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She nods.

“I did come to....perhaps berate you on your cavalier attitude towards your own safety, but....”

She places a hand on Ishtar’s cheek and smiles.

“But you are your own person, Ishtar. I may be your mother, but I do not control you. How you live, how you love, how you fight is your own choice. I wish you would take a little better care of yourself,” She looks at her with a raised eyebrow, then at both arms and back to Ishtar. “But in the end you fight with all you have. That is why you are so strong, daughter. Your conviction is absolute, your will like katchin. And I couldn’t be prouder.”

She hugs her tightly again, then steps back, smiling again.

“Having said that, do try and be careful. I can repair you, many people can repair you, but do think a bit about me when you fight. It’s stressful seeing you in such a state. You’ll give your poor mother a heart attack or grey hairs.”
    Ishtar listened to what her mother had to say, silently.

The intent had been to berate her, but it had seemingly shifted when Shek'hinah had realized that for all of it -- the pain, suffering, and loss of limb -- Ishtar was doing only what she felt was necessary; and was giving her all to see it through. However grateful she was for it however, her mother's pride ... it was a bittersweet acknowledgement. Despite giving her all and offering up 'absolute conviction, and Katchin resolve'; she continued to find herself bloodied, battered, and oft times barely able to stand for all the damage she sustained. Even more bitter than sweet, was the fact that her body itself had slowly -- and as often, painfully -- adapted to such injuries in a bid to draw from it the strength she was lacking.

It wasn't until after Shek'hinah's hug, that Ishtar responded. "I cannot do as you ask, Mother.

"As strong as both you, and Zurvan say I am ... as much confidence as Sarada has in me to come away unscathed. For all my training in recent years. It has done little more than cost me my arms." The Oni stated, calmly. "I am not strong enough, and the more of this ... multiverse I encounter, the more I am compelled to fight -- and will continue fight until this burden that was set upon my shoulders is resolved -- the more I am going to suffer for it." As if realizing what Shek'hinah might say next however, Ishtar shrugged her shoulders before continuing.

"The Hakai helps, yes ... this fight against my Alter was evidence enough of that. Yet it is a crutch I would not rely on, dangerous as it is. So in lieu of it I find myself compelled to ask. Is there a way you might know of, to attain the power I need to survive this path I have been set upon ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Golem is ripped free, and Ochazuke gets the sense that the golem saw..something.......within him as he executed the maneuver. A brief resonance.

Either way, the golem is untethered from the artificial ground and now sailing upwards.

——-

Adam and Gero are in a fierce battle, but shortly the scientists is wrapped up like snake would its prey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ochazuke's maneuver ripped the creature from the earth, upending it and sending it sailing skyward. Soon after, Blizzar and his men were clear. In this time, Parsley had been pondering how to go about this. She figured that however much she glassed, the city would still be supported, but she wasn't sure. Architecture wasn't much of her forte. Nor did it really matter to her, to be honest. As long as no one was killed, that was where the majority of her concerns ended.

"Heh, unkillable, hm?" she sneered at Gero, even as the pitiful human was entangled in the android's serpentine body. "Unless I'm mistaken, this creature draws its invulnerability from the earth, correct? Can't connect to the ground if there is no ground." She slammed her hands down and sent a torrent of near molten ki into the ground. It spread for only a mile outward -- that should have been enough to cover any escape routes until the creature could be destroyed properly. She bypassed the floor and the pavement outside and struck the dirt and rock under it, transmuting it into tons and tons of solid glass.
    Blizzar and his officers had indeed gone airborne and with the golem launched from the ground that it was tethered to, it was time for them to act in tandem with Parseley.

X-Bo raised his hands in the air, shouting, "Don't even think about trying anything funny! Red Ring!" he called out as a red rings of energy encircled over the golem's body before wrapping around and tightening.

In case the golem had any other tricks up it's sleeve, Blizzar attempted to maintain a telekinetic hold upon it now that it was disconnected from the Earth to double down on preventing it from escaping by any means.

Some sort of gremlin, about three feet tall, is digging rapidly through the earth. On its single tunic is a a branded Red Raider logo.
    Praxat catches up to the thief and grabs them from behind with her tongue halting the thief's digging and stopping it midway . " Okay that's as far as you go , I want to have a talk with you , " Praxat said .

Praxat then digs out of the Geofront and flies up with the thief above the ground. She grabs him tightly with her arms and reels her tongue back in her mouth. " First why are you in such a hurry? Second for a thief you left an awful big mess in my lab, were you raise in a damn barn?" Praxat said.

"Even If you're a thief you still need to have good hygiene. Nothing makes me angrier than people who don't pick after themselves!" Praxat said.

Praxat gives the thief a harsh lecture on hygiene. " Looking at the logo on your tunic, I can guess you belong to this big hot shot group? Well, they must not be that big of deal since I never heard of them. It's obvious you're the best thief they got since they sent you and no one else," Praxat said.

( I know who they work for. They work for the Red Raiders, but I'm just going to act like I never heard of the group,) Praxat thought.

Praxat skin color doesn't change as she interrogates the Gremlin." However, I have to say you are pretty good at your job. I say well enough to even go at it on your own. So you don't need that lousy group you're with." Praxat said.

Praxat flatters and compliments the thief. " So tell me big shot why did you steal my blueprints and why are you so interested in them?" Praxat said.

Praxat is using The Pride-and-Ego up method. It's a real method of getting information out of someone. It involves speaking of the person in a positive light in hopes that they will provide information.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-15-2019 at 05:29 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Althena is Eva's Library practicing her telepathy ( Hmm my telepathy still isn't that good, but it is getting better though. Maybe I should get someone to practice with? ) Althena thought.

( I see these strange things call Weighing Scales that can measure a person's weight in Eva's books. I think I should try one of them. I think I'm 325 pounds, but I never weigh myself before,) Althena thought.

( Maybe Eva has one of those things lying around here? I Althena is Eva's Library practicing her telepathy ( Hmm my telepathy still isn't that good, but it is getting better though. Maybe I should get someone to practice with? ) Althena thought.

( I see these strange things call Weighing Scales that can measure a person's weight in Eva's books. I think I should try one of them. I think I'm 325 pounds, but I never weigh myself before,) Althena thought.

( Maybe Eva has one of those things lying around here? I think I should take a look around.) Althena thought.

Althena takes a look around and spots a body weighing scale. ( That looks like one of those weighing scales I saw in one of Eva's books!) Althena thought.

Althena tries out the weighing scale by stepping on it. It is unable to weigh her as an error message appears. ( Maybe I should take my weighted clothing off? ) Althena thought.

Althena takes off her weighted clothing and steps on the scale again with only her casual clothing on. It weighs her as being 825.5 pounds. ( Wow I'm heavy then I look, but why I'm so heavy?) Althena thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-18-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar listened to what her mother had to say, silently.

The intent had been to berate her, but it had seemingly shifted when Shek'hinah had realized that for all of it -- the pain, suffering, and loss of limb -- Ishtar was doing only what she felt was necessary; and was giving her all to see it through. However grateful she was for it however, her mother's pride ... it was a bittersweet acknowledgement. Despite giving her all and offering up 'absolute conviction, and Katchin resolve'; she continued to find herself bloodied, battered, and oft times barely able to stand for all the damage she sustained. Even more bitter than sweet, was the fact that her body itself had slowly -- and as often, painfully -- adapted to such injuries in a bid to draw from it the strength she was lacking.

It wasn't until after Shek'hinah's hug, that Ishtar responded. "I cannot do as you ask, Mother.

"As strong as both you, and Zurvan say I am ... as much confidence as Sarada has in me to come away unscathed. For all my training in recent years. It has done little more than cost me my arms." The Oni stated, calmly. "I am not strong enough, and the more of this ... multiverse I encounter, the more I am compelled to fight -- and will continue fight until this burden that was set upon my shoulders is resolved -- the more I am going to suffer for it." As if realizing what Shek'hinah might say next however, Ishtar shrugged her shoulders before continuing.

"The Hakai helps, yes ... this fight against my Alter was evidence enough of that. Yet it is a crutch I would not rely on, dangerous as it is. So in lieu of it I find myself compelled to ask. Is there a way you might know of, to attain the power I need to survive this path I have been set upon ?"
    She pauses, contemplating.

“Yes......maybe. I will have to speak with a few people beforehand, but I think there just might be. I will need a bit of time to gather the components.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat catches up to the thief and grabs them from behind with her tongue halting the thief's digging and stopping it midway . " Okay that's as far as you go , I want to have a talk with you , " Praxat said .

Praxat then digs out of the Geofront and flies up with the thief above the ground. She grabs him tightly with her arms and reels her tongue back in her mouth. " First why are you in such a hurry? Second for a thief you left an awful big mess in my lab, were you raise in a damn barn?" Praxat said.

"Even If you're a thief you still need to have good hygiene. Nothing makes me angrier than people who don't pick after themselves!" Praxat said.

Praxat gives the thief a harsh lecture on hygiene. " Looking at the logo on your tunic, I can guess you belong to this big hot shot group? Well, they must not be that big of deal since I never heard of them. It's obvious you're the best thief they got since they sent you and no one else," Praxat said.

( I know who they work for. They work for the Red Raiders, but I'm just going to act like I never heard of the group,) Praxat thought.

Praxat skin color doesn't change as she interrogates the Gremlin." However, I have to say you are pretty good at your job. I say well enough to even go at it on your own. So you don't need that lousy group you're with." Praxat said.

Praxat flatters and compliments the thief. " So tell me big shot why did you steal my blueprints and why are you so interested in them?" Praxat said.

Praxat is using The Pride-and-Ego up method. It's a real method of getting information out of someone. It involves speaking of the person in a positive light in hopes that they will provide information.

The gremlin like creature shrugs as best it can.

“Doing my job. Steal interesting tech or blueprints.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Gero surrenders, stopping struggling with Adam and simply smirking as Damask is “apprehended”.

The golem is trapped in mid-air, and the earth below the geofront has been glassed. It seems all is in hand at the moment.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Morgana smiles again.

“Well, myself and my ancient spirit ally. Would you like to meet her?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Morgana smiles again.

“Well, myself and my ancient spirit ally. Would you like to meet her?”
    "Ancient... spirit ally?"

The phrase felt awkward in his mouth, mostly because he had not been expecting to ever say such a phrase. Still, a spiritual ally that stands beside you did sound appealing.

"...Sure, I'd like to meet her."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Ancient... spirit ally?"

The phrase felt awkward in his mouth, mostly because he had not been expecting to ever say such a phrase. Still, a spiritual ally that stands beside you did sound appealing.

"...Sure, I'd like to meet her."

Manifesting around her, the room seemingly flgrowing to fit her size, was a magnificent Sphinx.

“Meet Lyaus.”

The creature looks at them and nods.

“Greeting, mortals.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Manifesting around her, the room seemingly growing to fit her size, was a magnificent Sphinx.

“Meet Lyaus.”

The creature looks at them and nods.

“Greeting, mortals.”
    "...huh... a sphinx..."

He had seen quite a few creatures and figures throughout his short life, from dragons to aliens, but he realized he had never seen a sphinx up until this point.

After a few moments, Charco recalled before greeted and quickly replied, "Howdy," hoping the paused hadn't been too awkward.

She pauses, contemplating.

“Yes......maybe. I will have to speak with a few people beforehand, but I think there just might be. I will need a bit of time to gather the components.”
    Ishtar quirked an eyebrow. That sounded like something Jinzi would say.

"Components ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Gero surrenders, stopping struggling with Adam and simply smirking as Damask is “apprehended”.

The golem is trapped in mid-air, and the earth below the geofront has been glassed. It seems all is in hand at the moment.
    All was quiet. Too quiet. The creature had been apprehended above – or seemingly so – by Ochazuke and Blizzar. Thanks to Parsley's own efforts, the ground below had been glassed for miles in all direction. He was without his source of power, yet she still felt uneasy.

She stepped toward Gero. "I would like to posit a theory. That creature was sent by these Red Raiders to rescue you, perhaps? Another theory: the creature's underground tunnel will lead us directly to their base. What do you think Gero? These sound plausible?" Another Dark Spiral formed above her fingertip.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!