Page 170 of 294 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He shakes his head.

“No, nothing like that. But they will eventually need to be addressed, weather weeks or months or years down the road.”
    Standing up from her seat, Dash leaves the cockpit and moves back into the ship to stretch her legs.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-20-2019 at 02:21 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "There is one misconception I need to clear up first. The Guardian Network isn't a 'shared mind', it's more like a private network. A dedicated line to other Guardians. No one can use it to access your thoughts beyond normal communications. No one except a Guardian should be able to access it.

The way the system is set up, currently, is that each Guardian can gain access it through the creational energy we each received upon becoming Guardians, that an a second unique identifier. For those who need a technological assist, they can choose to use a retina scan, a finger print, a pass-code. For those who chose to use the direct, psychic link, you would still need an identifier, your name spoken in your own voice for example, before any other Guardian will respond. More fail-safes are being developed."

Meagan then thought on her main concern, "I agree, this information should be shared. My main worry is what happens if a guardian is corrupted, like Fife was by Sakin. If Sakin gets his hands on this list, he might have a road map to all 52 known Guardians. You have far more worldly experience than I do, if you can offer some suggestions on how to resolve this, I would welcome it. Perhaps it would be enough to share all information except the actual coordinates of their home wolds." her voice held a hint of uncertainty.

"On my end, I do have my Apprentices. I am preparing them to take over for me should something happen. They are my fail-safe."
    It not being a mind-meld of some kind put her at ease, but she still didn't feel comfortable letting a stranger -- or multiple strangers -- in her head at any point. Still, it sounded iffy.

Ishtar told her of how the first God of Destruction -- a Saiyan, fittingly -- had his destruction energy stolen from him. Who was to assume that creation energy couldn't also be stolen? Further, the secondary security measures were too easy to bypass.

Maiz sighed and rubbed her eyes. "I'll have to think about this, and I need to consult with t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶d̶s̶ Ishtar about this. There's something I need to speak with her about before I come to a decision. I'll let you know when I decide."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It not being a mind-meld of some kind put her at ease, but she still didn't feel comfortable letting a stranger -- or multiple strangers -- in her head at any point. Still, it sounded iffy.

Ishtar told her of how the first God of Destruction -- a Saiyan, fittingly -- had his destruction energy stolen from him. Who was to assume that creation energy couldn't also be stolen? Further, the secondary security measures were too easy to bypass.

Maiz sighed and rubbed her eyes. "I'll have to think about this, and I need to consult with t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶d̶s̶ Ishtar about this. There's something I need to speak with her about before I come to a decision. I'll let you know when I decide."
    Hiding her disappointment, Meagan remained hopeful, "I understand. After you have had time to consider this, I look forward to speaking with you again about it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Once the ship stabilized, there was little more to do but wait until they all could return home. Held and Jinzi would be busy on the bridge for some time, and in the windowless halls of the Coldlight, there wasn't entirely too much to do.

This thing sure can cruise, Zaofan thought to himself, lot of utility in its design. Perhaps it was his brief stint as a thief that left him wary, but as he scanned his head right, he saw a long, metallic hallway that stretched from hold to hull; swivelllng far left, from hold to engine.

Still the sleekness of these hallways - and the brisk, cold air that brushed over way too much of his skin than was comfortable - caused him to question what exactly was it a GP Officer ought to do between point A and point B? All business, this place. What a shame. Bounding up on tattered soles beneath his feet, Zaofan began to walk around searching for...something to do. Automated doors slid open noiselessly; a tap on the wall revealed a generous number of latrines. Still, after all that fighting he could use a meal.

In one of the many rooms that look uncannily like the others, he found two things that were at last familiar: a white apron - they weren't...pants, but they would do - a standing refrigerator. At last! He tugged on the handle, narrowed his eyes to the white lights to reveal-

"Hetap?" Rows and rows of yellow and blue cans lined the fridge from top to bottom. "Must be a rough life in the Force," he mused aloud. Sliding his fingers over the length of a highlighted control panel, with a press a drawer slid open. Cold to the touch, its contents lay amid cold fog...rows and rows of foil packets, each with a brightly coloured label written in some space-language he couldn't read. Figures.

Tearing one open, he surveyed its contents. Some spongy thing flecked in red, covered in brown sauce set in a tray next to some white stuff. I have no idea what this is. Dabbing his finger into it, Zaofan sampled the cold sauce. ...but it's not bad. I wonder...

Trilling sounded out from the far wall, and as he felt the heat radiate from it, he found a source of heat. Again the symbols were a cryptic mess, but somehow the layout for this convection microwave oven was familiar enough.

Slowly, slowly, shaking off the shock of Charco’s...new form and whatever Azura was to him now, No so started on repairs. With Nevalinna and Praxat’s help, P-Sta and Held piloting and navigating, the trip manage repairs to a rather remarkable degree.

It takes about a solid day, but eventually, tired and sweaty and with char marks on his clothes from a few too many circuit fires as he repaired damaged conduits, Jinzi comms everyone.

“Okay folks, good news. The Coldlight is as repaired as we can get it without a dockyard. Engines and hull are at full strength, so we should be set for our return voyage. Just in case I would suggest people stay in either the bunk quarters or strapped to their flight chairs. Held, P-Sta, set course for Earth, please.”

He staggers down, sits in a chair, and pulls out two stem patches. Sighing, he slaps them on either side of his neck and grunts as they take effect, his eyes clearing and tiredness fading for now.

“So what’s our next move? What do we do now? Sakin is hiding, Auroc is hiding, and neither can be found as far as we know.”
    The doors to the bridge slid open. Zaofan, still dressed in the apron, pushed a hovering mealcart between the aisles of those gathered between pilots, navigators and others.

"How about a bite to eat? Got to keep up your strength, after all."

Whatever he had found in cold storage had been made a sight more...presentable, than preserved sections on an inlaid tray.

"Did a little digging, and found something! It's not much, but should see us through the next few hours!"

I still have no idea what any of this is.

"We also have a selection of uh...Hetap and water."

In the interim needed for the ship to be repair and brought back into flying condition, Sarada and Parsley attempted to remain in Super Saiyan form as long as they could. They managed an additional five hours before the energy drain became to much and they had to let the form drop. They remained in Parsley's room for some time until Sarada slid away to find Ishtar. Before they, they had a conversation about a certain someone.

"What the **** are we supposed to do about that scaly *******?!" Sarada seethed in a low voice.

Parsley, who had confiscated one of Sarada's dresses to refrain from making the humans uncomfortable, sighed. "Nothing. At least for right now. When Pants said any prolonged fight on board the ship would kill most of us, he was right. Rex knows this. He also knows, deep down, that he's much too weak to survive an encounter with our strongest members. I'd wager he intends to use the fact that Charco's re-emergence hinges on his survival."

"I'd rather Charco die forever than that son of a bitch use him as a puppet!" She growled and balled her remaining hand into a fist. "It isn't fair! That stupid bitch fucked him over. He didn't even get a chance to fight!"

"Blaming Cyanna is a waste. Rex is the root cause. Cyanna was just a hopeful fool he was able to manipulate." Seeing that Sarada wasn't going to let this go, she reached over and squeezed her good shoulder. "I know you miss your friend, but don't do anything stupid." After a moment of silence, she smiled wryly. "At least until we reach Earth. Someone needs to teach Rex the pecking order."

Sarada grinned. "Hell yeah. Stomp that fucker into the ground and send him on a one-way trip to hell."

After that, Sarada left with some vague excuse that she had to find Ishtar, leaving Parsley alone. With nothing left to do but rest, she sat down against the wall and turned out the lights. The silence of the ship was quickly interrupted by Sarada and Ishtar somewhere nearby. "...Goddamn it."

The slight trembles and muffled noises synonymous with Saiyan mating made her stomach turn. Not because she was a prude, but rather because her sister mating with anyone was a sin and needed to STOP RIGHT NOW!!

It was no use. She tried covering her ears, plugging them with her fingers, and loudly thinking about every random thing imaginable. There was no escaping it. She was trapped on this metal death ball with her horny sister and her even hornier consort. Trapped, with no where to run and nothing to do but suffer in irritable silence.

This is Rex's fault, she realized. This was an even more egregious offense than stealing Charco's body, and he would pay dearly for forcing Parsley to endure this heinous action. She would kill him with her own two hands.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva shakes her head.

“I am a Guardian, and Charco is a dear friend. Of course I blame myself. But that is neither here or there. You were sent back to stop Rex, exactly by what means?”
    "I must correct you: I was not sent back to stop this particular Rex," She replied before continuing, "However, if I am to find a way to stop the Rex of my time, then it is only natural that I stop him in this time as well."

In truth, Shōchū had hoped that the doctor would have found a timeline devoid of Rex's influence, but there was little use in lamenting things now.

"I wish I could say we devised something to eliminate him beforehand, but I will have to learn in this timeline. Equipment, knowledge, training, and allies; those are my main objectives."

----------------------

As everyone settled in, so did Rex... in his own way.

He had not chosen to further antagonize the others for while he was a cruel being, he was not foolish enough to try anything more than he had. Granted, this did not mean he was going to be as pathetic as to try and turn them to his side. If they could not listen to reason, then he had no further use in trying to educate them.

Instead, what Rex did was worse; he was recovering.

Still in the cargo bay after everything, Rex could be sensed, but not quite seen thanks to the thick clouds of ghost hakai enveloping his body. It could be seen like a giant egg, an apt description for something a reptile such as he would employ. Deep within, he focused on regaining his strength, repairing the imperfections caused by Charco's last-ditch effort to keep him weak enough for the others to deal with. He would have preferred to devour the energy needed but in such a precarious situation as he was in, he would need to rely on safer methods.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 09-19-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Slowly, slowly, shaking off the shock of Charco’s...new form and whatever Azura was to him now, No so started on repairs. With Nevalinna and Praxat’s help, P-Sta and Held piloting and navigating, the trip manage repairs to a rather remarkable degree.

It takes about a solid day, but eventually, tired and sweaty and with char marks on his clothes from a few too many circuit fires as he repaired damaged conduits, Jinzi comms everyone.

“Okay folks, good news. The Coldlight is as repaired as we can get it without a dockyard. Engines and hull are at full strength, so we should be set for our return voyage. Just in case I would suggest people stay in either the bunk quarters or strapped to their flight chairs. Held, P-Sta, set course for Earth, please.”

He staggers down, sits in a chair, and pulls out two stem patches. Sighing, he slaps them on either side of his neck and grunts as they take effect, his eyes clearing and tiredness fading for now.

“So what’s our next move? What do we do now? Sakin is hiding, Auroc is hiding, and neither can be found as far as we know.”
    "Roger that, Pantaloon!" P-Sta noted. "Technically it's been a while since I've been to Earth but it doesn't feel like it. Still, I'll be glad to pay a visit again!"

"A lot has changed since you've last visited," Blizzar noted, approaching the officer.

"Ah, Lieutenant Blizzar!" P-Sta briefly saluted, before turning back to the wheel. "I'm glad you were here to join the M-Fighters in dispensing justice to the space time continuum!"

"Yes, of course," Blizzar commented dully, beneath the notice of the cheerful officer. "Your siblings are now a part of the GP's new Earth branch. Should you feel the need, I'm sure they'd be glad to have you join them," The Arcosian informed him, not entirely thinking ahead about the multi-colored posturing headache this could form for him later.

"The Squadron?! ...Together?! Why I don't know how long it's been since I've seen them all!" P-Sta stated in shock. "Thank you, sir! I'll be glad to see them all again! Also, Lieutenant, regarding the paperwork for this mission; I've taken a brief glance into the files and I've noticed a svere lack of-"

"Oh, look, I believe the Chief is asking for me," Blizzar lied. "I think I'll bring it up to him, over there, while you focus on piloting."

"Sounds like a plan, sir!" P-Sta nodded, overjoyed with the fact that he'd see his family again and waitaminute... "The Chief's here?!" he exclaimed, astounded. Unfortunately, the Arcosian had already walked off, leaving P-Sta to concentrate on his duties for the time being.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive, not understanding why the man in the strange uniform addressed him with some familiarity, stopped in the midst of his unwarranted assault and glanced at Hops quizzically, hoping for an explanation as to how he knew him.

"I don't understand, how can you be here?" Hops asked confusion all over his face as sweat beaded on his forehead. "I mean, come on, Durive, it's me, Hops! You have to remember me, right?" Hops looked at the man, nothing but confusion behind his eyes. "You...you really don't know me at all do you?" Hops sat back on the bed and sighed, "Of course not, this is way too early anyway, of course, you haven't thought of the Time Patrol yet..." He muttered

Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    "I don't understand, how can you be here?" Hops asked confusion all over his face as sweat beaded on his forehead. "I mean, come on, Durive, it's me, Hops! You have to remember me, right?" Hops looked at the man, nothing but confusion behind his eyes. "You...you really don't know me at all do you?" Hops sat back on the bed and sighed, "Of course not, this is way too early anyway, of course, you haven't thought of the Time Patrol yet..." He muttered
    Durive stared blankly for a moment. Time Patrol? What? He hadn't thought of a Time Patrol yet.....until just now! A light bulb shining above his head, Durive excitedly went to go find a Anubis to tell him about this great new idea.

Blizzar having walked in the room moments before, just long enough to bear witness to all this, froze where he stood as the events that played before him began to process in his mind.

"But...he never.." Blizzar stammered. Durive...created the time Patrol. Of course he did, but.... "Not until you...?" He punted at Hops. "And...and..." The Arcosian scratched his cranium, an expression of complete befuddlement.

A flash soon briefly enveloped his face, as Durive, brandishing a Polaroid camera had appeared to snap a photo. Durive then saluted to Blizzar and then Hops before leaping through a miniaturized gateway, with Durive showing up to wave himself goodbye, before returning to his quest to find that an cranky canine(?).

"I think....I should be glad to never hear time spoken of as a concept ever again..." Blizzar bkinked, speaking in a resigned tone before he sauntered off towards the kitchen.

Parsley managed to get some sleep after the foolishness between Sarada and Ishtar finally ended. It wasn't comfortable, but she was used to sleeping in awkward positions. She stepped into the cabin just as Jinzi began speaking.

Their options, only two leads, were Auroc and Sakin. There was no guarantee that the former was even in the universe. The latter was deep in hiding, but they perhaps had a lead as to his whereabouts. At the very least, they knew where his influence was the strongest.

Reshlan.

Going there and raising a ruckus would perhaps draw his attention. If it did, they could proceed from there.

"I believe a trip to Reshlan is in order," she remarked. She sat down and crossed her arms and legs. "Nevanlinna's mother has been noted as being openly opposed to him. Perhaps she can point us in the right direction."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat straps herself to her flight chair." ( After all this repairing I'm in need for a break. I have to thank Althena for healing me I would have been dead if it wasn't for her healing power. Dash's suggestion to have the water shower use on me also help, ) Praxat thought.

Meanwhile, Althena is in the bunk quarters meditating. ( Meagan, The mission was a success. We have managed to stop the Doctor. Also, The Doctor wasn't alternate of Jinzi at all,) Althena said telepathically.

( The Doctor was a woman named Midori . an offspring of yours and Jinzi's from another timeline,) Althena said telepathically.

Althena then tells Meagan telepathically everything that had transpired since encountering The Doctor and after The Doctor's defeat.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Then:

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Slowly, the Threshling princess regained her composure. No, no... think! Her allies here had issues to settle with Auroc, so she wouldn't be alone in her efforts to overthrow the false god. The odds may very well be stacked against them once that time came, but if nothing else she had learned that this lot, beyond leaving a trail of collateral damage in their wake, possessed a remarkable ability to overcome seemingly impossible odds.

"I see," she said, once her composure had recovered completely. "Auroc will have to wait, but, Ishtar, I am most interested in hearing your... plans regarding my demesne. And... well, I believe it would be prudent to extend that offer I made to you and Sarada--the one regarding training there--to this entire group. I suspect we will need all the training we can get, in years to come..."
    "Oh ?" Ishtar said with a turn, and a cocking of her head.

"Well as interested as you may well be, it will have to wait." The Oni stated, flatly. Though ... such a casual dismissal was probably not sufficient explanation. So with a sigh, Ishtar explained her reasoning. "Under normal circumstances, it is true that I am in the habit of speaking freely -- and as I otherwise see fit -- and yet what I wish to discuss would not fall under such 'circumstances'.

Now ..." the Oni said, golden-eyes twinkling, "is this demesne of yours, secure ?" A fair question to ask considering it was one of the topics, Ishtar wished to discuss.

Now:

"Return home, mourn who we lost; and allow everyone the rest they deserve." Ishtar said with a grunt, and a loud popping as the Oni cracked her back; and having seemingly just arrived -- and survived -- the night-long ministrations of her mate she seemed somewhat disheveled. Though in well-enough spirits for now considering all that had happened. "Beyond that ? My mate needs a new arm." Though she'd managed just fine the night before without it ... a testament to resolve when there were things of importance to be done.

"What to be done about Auroc -- as Sakin is yet well beyond us -- can be decided after that, with fresh bodies and clear minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley managed to get some sleep after the foolishness between Sarada and Ishtar finally ended. It wasn't comfortable, but she was used to sleeping in awkward positions. She stepped into the cabin just as Jinzi began speaking.

Their options, only two leads, were Auroc and Sakin. There was no guarantee that the former was even in the universe. The latter was deep in hiding, but they perhaps had a lead as to his whereabouts. At the very least, they knew where his influence was the strongest.

Reshlan.

Going there and raising a ruckus would perhaps draw his attention. If it did, they could proceed from there.

"I believe a trip to Reshlan is in order," she remarked. She sat down and crossed her arms and legs. "Nevanlinna's mother has been noted as being openly opposed to him. Perhaps she can point us in the right direction."
    "Not without time taken to train." Ishtar said with a grunt, before tossing Parsley her Saiyan Armor, with an unspoken word.

Though it was clear that the Oni had not forgotten how well Luop had fared against them -- despite ultimately being crushed beneath a mountaintop, whilst mired in a lake of baked potatoes -- no more than six days ago. Nor was it forgotten that he was but a Threshling Knight of the lowest order. "The Queen may be an ally, yet it would not be wise to extend that to the populace as whole."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-20-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As everyone settled in, so did Rex... in his own way.

He had not chosen to further antagonize the others for while he was a cruel being, he was not foolish enough to try anything more than he had. Granted, this did not mean he was going to be as pathetic as to try and turn them to his side. If they could not listen to reason, then he had no further use in trying to educate them.

Instead, what Rex did was worse; he was recovering.

Still in the cargo bay after everything, Rex could be sensed, but not quite seen thanks to the thick clouds of ghost hakai enveloping his body. It could be seen like a giant egg, an apt description for something a reptile such as he would employ. Deep within, he focused on regaining his strength, repairing the imperfections caused by Charco's last-ditch effort to keep him weak enough for the others to deal with. He would have preferred to devour the energy needed but in such a precarious situation as he was in, he would need to rely on safer methods.
    For a single, long moment....an eternity folded a thousand times over, the cargo hold was blanketed in a sound so unsightly one could imagine only the most grotesque of slime ridden monstrosities had gained sentience and roared now in its birth like a possessed child of nightmare.

Then, with a pause.......Erosa launched the greenest, vilest, quazi-dimensional infused, sticky, phelmy magic coated, slime textured wat of spit should could summon from her innards right into Rex's egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Not without time taken to train." Ishtar said with a grunt, before tossing Parsley her Saiyan Armor, with an unspoken word.

Though it was clear that the Oni had not forgotten how well Luop had fared against them -- despite ultimately being crushed beneath a mountaintop, whilst mired in a lake of baked potatoes -- no more than six days ago. Nor was it forgotten that he was but a Threshling Knight of the lowest order. "The Queen may be an ally, yet it would not be wise to extend that to the populace as whole."
    Parsley pulled the dress she was wearing over her head and tossed it behind her. As she put on the much more well-fitted -- Sarada's dress was too short and the bust was much too big -- and familiar, if not well-worn, armor, she answered. "That is true. Luop is still stronger than us provided we didn't power up, and he was stated as being among the weakest of his many contemporaries. To say nothing of the Queen's purported power being enough to make Auroc tread lightly in her presence."

She sat to slip the boots on. "I would not feel comfortable in a conflict with of their elites until I had full control over Super Saiyan. Until then, a trip is best delayed until we have a fighting chance."

She stood and flexed a little to grow acclimated to the armor. It felt like a different material than the armor Sarada gave her and definitely the one she had from years ago. "Thank you."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hiding her disappointment, Meagan remained hopeful, "I understand. After you have had time to consider this, I look forward to speaking with you again about it."
    Maiz nodded, even though Meagan couldn't see her. "I as well. Take care."

She ended the call, and heaved out a heavy sigh. "Optimism is the bane of the youth of today," she muttered as she walked out. This plan was hopeful, but doomed to fail. One central point made compromise almost easy. She hoped she was wrong, but there were too many holes that needed to be filled. For the sake of the other Guardians who had already signed up -- she sincerely hoped they weren't also compelled by optimism that this was going to work as planned -- Meagan needed to overhaul this entire thing.

Sakin was still out there, waiting. An inactive enemy was still a dangerous one. There was no telling when he was going to make his move.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!