Page 219 of 294 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna blinked. "That's my line."

More pressing however was the fact that Auroc seemed to be in possession of knowledge he shouldn't have. Was making this all a bit confusing really. "No idea, to be honest. Of course it doesn't matter much. The Star Forge was destroyed and all that remains of it, is what I possess. Don't tell me there's another creature out there looking to cause problems though ? There's already ... well at least five that I know of personally. To say nothing of your descendants -- the Threshling. Who are in league with Auroc."

So many headaches to come ...

"In any event, as far as I know; only a handful of people even know of this place -- and I made sure that it wasn't going to get out to anyone it wasn't supposed to. What happened to the others though, Durga, and Zxu'ro." The Oni said, circling back to that tidbit of interest. "We have their journal and have recovered several of the things you hid away ... but don't know much more beyond that."
    He pauses before answering.

“I believe we have missing information and are perhaps speaking of different, or unconnected, things. Follow me, Dustwalker. We shall speak of things and fill in the gaps over a refreshment.”

He nod to her to follow him into the forest.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He pauses before answering.

“I believe we have missing information and are perhaps speaking of different, or unconnected, things. Follow me, Dustwalker. We shall speak of things and fill in the gaps over a refreshment.”

He nod to her to follow him into the forest.
    "There's a pretty high chance of that. My curiosity being what it is, I'm probably all over the place." Inanna commented before scratching the back of her head and taking off after Haden. "But yea ... let's get all this sorted; could go for something to eat as well. Storm took a lot out of me ... and off of me."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Would you believe Sasheem if he said it was for selfish reasons?" The Majin grinned. "If you want a serious answer, though. Sasheem is here for the same reasons he's training under Master Balon...to see if he can learn somethin'."

Without another word, Sasheem followed the Phoenix's instructions, flying westward.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "With your impeccable record, I could hardly expect any less," Ochazuke replied. "However, I have a different theory."

A suspicion that slowly seemed to ratify itself, given the Majin's recent turn.

In his appraisal, across the many choice words one might use to describe Sasheem, subtle would not be one of them. An avaricious demon first, and one crossed to the path of the Five Schools second, the hunger of a killer stood about him as plainly as the scales upon his flesh, and so exposed since that day they fought each other, he had been reticent to lower his guard.

A snake that adorns its face with horns and flame is hardly a Dragon. It will take more than adopting a guise and mimicking the techniques. This game he played was far too familiar and near to mind; he knew it all too well.

Yet despite all this, it was not to the end of pursuing power that he remained on Earth. The history had been long lost, and yet these ancient secrets endured. The meaning behind these legacy skills were meant for something greater. Perhaps one day, we might realize this.

"Cinder." Onimous name. Had it been gifted or chosen? The last light of a fire extinguished before it falls to ash, the last sign of its former magnificence worn, a remainder rising in fleeting, glowing motes.

All the fire it needed to continue was the proper vessel to bear it.

"We will return."

By now Zaofan had departed, keeping his position near Balon. Ochazuke followed suit, chasing after them across the Western skies.
    OOC:

Cleric. C'mon Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley was literally lifted off the ground like a small child by the much larger Ishtar. To add to the humiliation derived therefrom, her face was planted directly between her breasts. It was then that she felt the sickening feeling that she was about to die. It wasn't coming from Ishtar, that much was certain. Could it be... Oh gods no... please! If it was Sarada, then this mess had just gotten even more muddled and confusing. Not surprising that she wanted to kill her, but that was her own fault. She should have told her mate who she really was instead of masquerading as Parsley.

Air was getting hard to come by and being smashed by breasts was the last thing she wanted. Mercifully, she was released and placed back on solid ground. Ishtar started babbling -- rather informly, at that -- about how she her appearance had changed permanently, she had missed seeing Sarada, and seeing her in person again had made her overwhelmingly... in the mood. Parsley could feel it.

She swallowed shakily. "Listen, Ishtar - -"

"Inanna," Sarada corrected. "Her true name is Inanna. You should call your lover by her real name, sister." The acid with which she said 'sister' made Parsley's skin crawl. And hearing it in her voice -- honeyed and dripping with veiled venom -- only made her feel even more put off. Is that what I sound like?

Her heart was starting to race. The only thing that could have made this worse was if Avoca returned to see her face buried in another woman's bosom. Luckily, she was in another city at the moment and likely wouldn't be back for another hour.
    Oh this is just wonderful.

Seeing how flustered Parsley had become right off the bat, Inanna almost gave up the ruse right then and there; she'd done what she'd set out to do after all and yet she couldn't help but want to keep it going a bit longer. Just to see how she'd handle it. And thankfully, her decision paid dividends something fierce as after realizing that 1) she had an Oni that was more than a little aroused bearing down on her, and 2) her sister was about ready to tear her to pieces over it caused a reaction that was ... not at all something Inanna expected; and her reaction said as much.

"Now then," Sarada stood and approached. She put an arm tightly around Parsley's neck. "I trust the interview went well, siste--"

"I don't say sister that much!" she snapped, voice squeaking from embarrassment. "Get off." She threw Sarada's arm from around her. "I don't know what game you two are playing, but it isn't funny." She pointed a stern finger at Sarada. "Instead of playing games, you should have been telling your mate what's been happening. Now you've got her all confused and out of sorts. She thinks I'm you and I'm getting all kinds of uncomfortable things feelings from her."

Sarada simply stood there, smirking at her.

She had to admit; her smug face was extremely punchable from this side.

That squeak was the most wonderful thing she'd ever heard.

Though from what she recalled, Sarada herself wasn't possessed of the embarrassment necessary to make that sound herself. Which meant that Parsley was the only one ... which meant she was going to have to milk this for everything it was worth; and then some.

"Oh Sarada~" Inanna cooed clearly speaking to Parsley, and not bothering keeping up with appearances anymore. "You've yet to comment on what you think about my body. Clearly you liked my breasts, but I wonder what you'll think about my ... backside~" Turning around before Parsley had a chance to even respond then, Inanna simply ... flashed her.

"By my reckoning, I have the perfect proportions," she continued giving her breasts a little squeeze. "But what do you think, my Little Love~ ?"

At this point ... it was rather hard to tell which one of them she was teasing. One ? Both ? Probably. Either way, they could both tell she was rather enjoying herself. A clear change from how she once was, preferring to simply tease Sarada telepathically over such ... overt displays.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    A story of ages past... loves lost, a planet and its moon shattered. Nevanlinna listened to the Oni's tale with rapt interest. No, no, it was not just mere interest, but a... familiarity of sorts. How curious. The princess had never before been in love, let alone lost said love... nor had she ever shattered a planetary system. And yet, the story struck a chord deep within her... and her expression belied that fact. She remained silent for a pregnant moment, composing herself.

"I... see." Another extended pause. "...I don't know what to say to that, if I am to be honest. I suppose all I can do is aid you in... rectifying it as best you can. Though, I..." She trailed off, words failing her.

"Never mind," she said, standing. Nevanlinna motioned to a nearby temple. "...to continue, I've decided that temple, which I believe to be the... center of this realm, so to speak, shall be the meeting place for our council. The interior is quite... unique. There are quite a number of statues of individuals of varying genders and races... it is, in fact, what inspired me to travel, when I learned that these statues were not mere fancy, but depictions of actual species!"

"Curiously, it also seems possible for new statues to simply... appear, for it happened not too long ago." Quite suddenly, in fact. She had been there when it had simply... materialized before her eyes. It went without saying that she had been quite confused, and yet... also relieved? "The new addition was of a most striking woman wearing clothing from a culture I do recognize, and whose brow was adorned by a jeweled circlet."

The princess chuckled and shook her head. "It may sound childish and silly, but I've actually given each of these statues a name, and this one was no different, though a most exotic name for the statue came to me not long after it appeared... Sekhmet. It felt most... appropriate."
    When Ishtar finished, Nevanlinna was understandably unsure on how to respond.

Something that was more than understandable considering the scope of things and how long ago they transpired, and yet all the same it was comforting in a way that she attempted to offer something; before moving on to discussing the meeting place for the newly formed Council. Which was a ... most curious Temple.

What interested Ishtar the most however was the statues Nevanlinna mentioned. Things that seemingly depicted things that she had, herself, never seen before; and were otherwise mysterious in their appearance and means of appearance. When she started to discuss one in particular however, the curious became the incredulous as she -- with perfect clarity -- described something that simply could not be.

"... Sekhmet ?" The golden-eyed Oni parroted, after Nevanlinna finished her tale. "I had not mentioned her by name ... only Sarada knows ..." the Oni grew very still before asking in a rather skeptical, "She was the lover that died ... how would you know to name her such, having never seen her species; or even knowing her name." There was a rather long pause then, as the Oni composed herself. Only to ask rather flatly.

"When did this statue appear, exactly ?" Ishtar was not sure if that meant anything specific, but for some reason the ten minutes she'd spent with what was left of Sekhmet on this side of life seemed relevant ... somehow.

Arx Inosaan

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You....don't know about Avalon?" She seemed surprised at the revelation at first, but slowly the spirit girl started bobbing up in down in growing nervous excitement. "Avalon is the Protected Realm of Humankin, making up all the lands of the north. You couldn't have arrived at a better time, I was only passing through to check on the area....but if you need a guide I can show you around!"

Morgan conjured several cups of steaming tea with a gesture, letting them float just in reach of each.

"If you came here without knowing....are you explorers perhaps? Or refugees from the southlands?" She leaned forward, close enough for Ocha to make out her features amiss the glow of her form. "How are things with the eld dragons?"
    Still taken with studying the makeup of this place, Ochazuke continued marvel upon the latent energies within these conjured walls. Their Familiar host drew upon some ancient force to render this place. Yet given what they were pursuant of, and what Cthylla had told him of that veiled threat nestled in-between palpable and conceptual spaces, he was not entirely convinced of the exact nature of Morgan's realm.

A dream, no matter how convincing, remains a dream. Is this merely the rendered shape of a lost memory?

"'Protected Realm.' If it is Arthur's kingdom you're speaking of, its protection has been long sundered," he said bluntly. "In its place, the Elder Dragon has subjugated it and would claim himself Lord of this World."

As Morgan drew close, he peered into the depths of that starlike sprite. His eyes narrowed, though they hardly blinked. Against the sharpness of the light, phantom shapes seemed to stir in dark negative within her luminous frame.

"I have crossed through these lands for some time now. From the Frozen Fall to the town of Cask, I know quite well the capricious way of the North, and its meagre bounty."

Ochazuke gripped the cup she offered. Upon the hand he raised, she could see the palladium band of Arthur's Ring where it lay upon his right hand.

"Though, the truth of memory is a stubborn thing, and quite resilient indeed."

OOC:

Cleric. C'mon Cleric.

Sorry!

IC:

Eventually, Balon lands in a high mountain pass, and ahead up sits a mountain temple:

Balon lands and looks around, frowning.

“Whatever spark this place had, it seems...vacant.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I will. See you soon in the Guardian Network Room." She then hurried to an open area, summoned her portal and hurried inside. Soon after returning to Chroma, she barely stopped long enough to check on her newest Apprentice Crystal who was doing her homework in the library, before rushing to the Garden to speak with Iris.

About seven or eight hours later, including a break for dinner, Meagan finally finished setting up the Chroma GN Room. Once it was ready, she entered in and activated the Sync Process to connect this room with the one on Earth. Once the two rooms were in-sync with each other, she should be able to control the communication process. With over 50 Guardians on the Network, she knew that there had ot be a way to direct the call to one, more, or all as needed.

Back on Earth, Eva should be able to sense the resonance, much like a gentle chime that only she can hear. This would be the signal that Meagan was reaching out to her.
    She goes and works the new room as Meagan said, making the connection.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "There's a pretty high chance of that. My curiosity being what it is, I'm probably all over the place." Inanna commented before scratching the back of her head and taking off after Haden. "But yea ... let's get all this sorted; could go for something to eat as well. Storm took a lot out of me ... and off of me."
    “You are.....oddly curious for your kind.”

He leads her into the woods, and as soon as she steps into it, she stands in the doorway of a modest sized house of some sort.

A teleportation link or something.

He gestures to a simple table and chairs.

“Sit. I believe...yes, Druga liked what you would call tea. I have some and some local meat and cheeses.”

After a few moments he returns with a plate of meat and cheese and a pot of steaming red tea. The meat is rich, the cheese creamy, and the tea powerful and satisfying.

“Now then: explain what you meant by descendants and what this Auroc has to do with them.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Still taken with studying the makeup of this place, Ochazuke continued marvel upon the latent energies within these conjured walls. Their Familiar host drew upon some ancient force to render this place. Yet given what they were pursuant of, and what Cthylla had told him of that veiled threat nestled in-between palpable and conceptual spaces, he was not entirely convinced of the exact nature of Morgan's realm.

A dream, no matter how convincing, remains a dream. Is this merely the rendered shape of a lost memory?

"'Protected Realm.' If it is Arthur's kingdom you're speaking of, its protection has been long sundered," he said bluntly. "In its place, the Elder Dragon has subjugated it and would claim himself Lord of this World."

As Morgan drew close, he peered into the depths of that starlike sprite. His eyes narrowed, though they hardly blinked. Against the sharpness of the light, phantom shapes seemed to stir in dark negative within her luminous frame.

"I have crossed through these lands for some time now. From the Frozen Fall to the town of Cask, I know quite well the capricious way of the North, and its meagre bounty."

Ochazuke gripped the cup she offered. Upon the hand he raised, she could see the palladium band of Arthur's Ring where it lay upon his right hand.

"Though, the truth of memory is a stubborn thing, and quite resilient indeed."
    "Arthur?" Morgan asked. "Who's Arthur?"

The question reverberated through the small conjured home, The familiar looking legitimately confused by his statement. "I've not heard..." The girl paused. "...not heard of anyone with that name, not even among the Lords of Amdapor. Avalon is ruled by Queen Persephone and the Amdaporian Counsel. Perhaps your mistaking one of the southern kingdoms.....if so.....my condolences, survival on the mainland is still a hard state of affairs with the eld dragons, cruel monsters they are."

The girl fidgeted under Ochazukes stare, but continued. "Avalon stretches most of the north, but not all of it is inhabited.....perhaps that is why you know not of us. The borders of our lands give off the air of a barren waste to purposely deter the eld from seeking us out. I'm traveled the north countless times....I know all the cities and towns, and I've yet to hear of one called Cask....or maybe I have?" The girl tilted her head in through. "....was it that camp of travelers a few moons back.....or that small one a few moons before that......when did I......it must have been along my last route but...."

The girl shook her head, bringing herself back to the present and focused entirely on the ring being displayed on Ochazukes outstretched hand.

"......what is....hmm..?" Morgan looked closer. "......where did you get....the energy is similar to Lord Uthers but...." the girl looked up to Ochazuke, suddenly suspicious. "Who are you....your not Uther in disguise are you....I swear by the great ones if it is I'll report you straight to..." She paused. "I mean...I'll be very VERY cross...."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She goes and works the new room as Meagan said, making the connection.
    Within the room, Eva sees Meagan, looking a little tired, as a hologram. Once the connection was established, the young Guardian could barely contain her excitement. "Yes! It works! Eva, you're amazing! Thank you for everything." She turned as if to leave the room, then hesitated, "Oh, one last favor. Could you tell Jinzi that I'm back on Chroma and will contact him as soon as I can tomorrow?" with a smile, she added, "Thanks."

As soon as Meagan left her room on Chroma, Eva's room returned to normal as the connection was broken.

It wasn't til morning the next day, after a good night's sleep, that Meagan began the preparations to install rooms such as this for each Guardian on her list.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-22-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A skeleton with guns... for some reason stood before her. A demand for her to stop passed through its lips... teeth... whatever. "**** you," she replied before trapping it inside a green barrier. She slowly clenched her hand into a fist. The barrier closed in on skeleton, intent on crushing it into a fine powder.

She also noticed the furry red thing. "Well, aren't you a tasty looking creature. You'll make a fine appetizer before I move on to your friend. And such nice fur, too! I'll add your pelt to his and make a nice cloak!" She grinned and trapped the red panda in a barrier, too.

" I don't know who you are, but afraid that barrier isn't going to work on Zoul. It's just a spiritual extension of the Captain can only be harm by another one of its kind," Von said.

Zoul passes through the barrier like a ghost and just disappears in thin air. Von gets on his knees and begs." The look didn't want any part in this whole kidnapping business. I'm innocent in all this." Von said as he begs for his life.

" Have been for eleven years when it all first start," Von said.

Von looks at Qaztoh." You were never technically lost in space three years ago, Qaztoh. It wasn't a chance that the Captain found you. A masked woman told us your exact location, " Von said.

" her name was A............." Von said as he feels a sharp pain in his head. Von suddenly slumps over and starts to drool as if he's been lobotomized.

Far away from the engine room. Araxat is standing in front of a portal wearing her mask. She had just shown up recently, and her presence wasn't felt." Sorry doc, but I can't let you give away my identity. " Araxat said.

Araxat then walks through the portal, and it just vanishes into thin air. Back at the engine room. Sonata grabs Qaztoh and tosses a bomb to the ground.

The bomb goes over emit a deafening sound , a overwhelming odor, and rapid flashes of blinding bright light. Sonata uses this as a means of escape. Using his stealth suit to phase through the wall of the engine room and into the next room with Qaztoh.

He keeps using his stealth suit to phase through walls as he goes from room to room.

Near the cell rooms, Marasito finishes escorting the rest of the children that were in the cell rooms into the portal. ( There's still one more child aboard this ship. I can sense that Sonata has them," Marasito thought.

Marasito goes off to search for Qaztoh.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-22-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I don't know who you are, but afraid that barrier isn't going to work on Zoul. It's just a spiritual extension of the Captain can only be harm by another one of its kind," Von said.

Zoul passes through the barrier like a ghost and just disappears in thin air. Von gets on his knees and begs." The look didn't want any part in this whole kidnapping business. I'm innocent in all this." Von said as he begs for his life.

" Have been for eleven years when it all first start," Von said.

Von looks at Qaztoh." You were never technically lost in space three years ago, Qaztoh. It wasn't a chance that the Captain found you. A masked woman told us your exact location, " Von said.

" her name was A............." Von said as he feels a sharp pain in his head. Von suddenly slumps over and starts to drool as if he's been lobotomized.

Far away from the engine room. Araxat is standing in front of a portal wearing her mask. She had just shown up recently, and her presence wasn't felt." Sorry doc, but I can't let you give away my identity. " Araxat said.

Araxat then walks through the portal, and it just vanishes into thin air. Back at the engine room. Sonata grabs Qaztoh and tosses a bomb to the ground.

The bomb goes over emit a deafening sound , a overwhelming odor, and rapid flashes of blinding bright light. Sonata uses this as a means of escape. Using his stealth suit to phase through the wall of the engine room and into the next room with Qaztoh.

He keeps using his stealth suit to phase through walls as he goes from room to room.

Near the cell rooms, Marasito finishes escorting the rest of the children that were in the cell rooms into the portal. ( There's still one more child aboard this ship. I can sense that Sonata has them," Marasito thought.

Marasito goes off to search for Qaztoh.
    A load of **** was happening and Sarada was just about done with it. Some frog showed up and killed the cat thing just as he was explaining why shouldn't immediately kill and saute his ass and turn his fur into a nice purse. In the end, nothing of value was lost and her end goals remained the same. She placed Von inside a capsule, then scanned the ship. Alright, the children are all gone. All that's left is the leader, Qaztoh, and Mustache.

"Oh, how cute. He has a little stealth suit," she cooed before laughing and literally barreling through the ship's walls like a juggernaut. She homed in on him and slammed into his back. "Alright, fuckface. You got a 2 billion credit bounty on your head and I intend on collecting. So shut the **** up and come along like a nice little nobody pirate."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jack continues to stalk after and follow Rex, wondering at this strange place he finds himself in.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A load of **** was happening and Sarada was just about done with it. Some frog showed up and killed the cat thing just as he was explaining why shouldn't immediately kill and saute his ass and turn his fur into a nice purse. In the end, nothing of value was lost and her end goals remained the same. She placed Von inside a capsule, then scanned the ship. Alright, the children are all gone. All that's left is the leader, Qaztoh, and Mustache.

"Oh, how cute. He has a little stealth suit," she cooed before laughing and literally barreling through the ship's walls like a juggernaut. She homed in on him and slammed into his back. "Alright, fuckface. You got a 2 billion credit bounty on your head and I intend on collecting. So shut the **** up and come along like a nice little nobody pirate."
    Sonata phases through Sarada. " I'm not coming with you or anyone." No one will stop me from exact my vengeance against that bastard who murdered my friends. " I will make the Black sheep pay for what he's done even if I have to become a demon!" Sonata yelled.

Marastio shows up rises hand towards Sonata." Sonata unhanded that Toadian child now," Marastio said.

Sonata laughs. "I've not unhanded her. I'm escaping this place and punish her for her insubordination!" Sonata said.

" Then you leave me no choice," Marastio said.

Marastio fires a blast of Ki at Sonata, but it just passes right through him. " Nice try, but it doesn't matter how powerful you and that Sayian are. Along as this suit is activated. Nothing can touch me," Sonata said.

Zoul provided cover fire for my escape," Sonata said.

Sonata makes his escape while Zoul fires at Marastio and Sarada." You forget one important detail about that suit your wearing you fucking *******," Qaztoh said.

" And what's that?" Sonata said.

" That I made it. So I know how to deactivate it!" Qaztoh said.

Using her cell phone Qaztoh deactivates the stealth suit." Dammit, why isn't this suit working? Why can't I phase through this wall? " Sonata said in a confused tone.

" Were you even paying attetion to what I was saying you fucking dumbass," Qaztoh said.

OT: Qaztoh is 17 years old which technically still makes her a child. She is not adult. A lot of the children that went through the portal were also the same age as Qaztoh.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel