Page 89 of 294 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “As any assembled seven, a wish could be made. But any wish made would free Alakazah entirely. Dragons are bound to the spheres normally, but Alakazah is different. He can exist outside the spheres. Being the original proto-dragon has its...perks. As to breaking one.....”

She shakes her head.

“A planet blowing up can’t break one.”
    "Tch." Destroying it was out of the question, then. The only other recourse was to hide it. And she knew just the place. "I'm holding on to this," she declared. "Once all is done with the Doctor, I will take it back to Vocado with me. Any others you happen upon can be given to anyone else who lives on another world. We Saiyans have six, so we have plenty of options."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Offering the Guardian her arm and shoulder as support, when she was ready Dash then walked Eva towards her quarters. As they walked, she thought out loud, "So it's true, the Prez is an ancient Dragon. An that was one of his Dragon Balls. Ah don't suppose you know how to find the rest o' them. Or would Jinzi need to make a tracking device."
    "Best if we focus on how to properly hide the one we have." Charco retorted, "I don't know what type of dragon he is, but I didn't want to hang around his human form very long so I sure as hell wouldn't trust any wish he could grant."

It was still surreal to have felt Rex react that way.

"Besides, he's looking for them as well, for whatever reason. We've already helped him more than we should have to find this one."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Best if we focus on how to properly hide the one we have." Charco retorted, "I don't know what type of dragon he is, but I didn't want to hang around his human form very long so I sure as hell wouldn't trust any wish he could grant."

It was still surreal to have felt Rex react that way.

"Besides, he's looking for them as well, for whatever reason. We've already helped him more than we should have to find this one."
    "You sayin we should do nothin? Just cross our fingers an hope he doesn't find them? Ah get what your sayin, but what happens when he does find them? Even if we just have the one, if he wants it bad enough he'd probably find a way to get it." Dash paused as a thought hit her, "Unless we hide it somewhere where he can never reach it. Somewhere not on Earth or even not in this timeline. Ah know the Lookout is well protected, but we've seen it attacked before. It ain't indestructible."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Around the kitchen, there were sounds of scurrying. Suddenly one of the cabinets burst open...and a pan clatters onto the floor. Bits and spoonfuls of food may have gone missing...but who's to say

OOC: Edited due to not realizing Parsley had the ball.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You sayin we should do nothin? Just cross our fingers an hope he doesn't find them? Ah get what your sayin, but what happens when he does find them? Even if we just have the one, if he wants it bad enough he'd probably find a way to get it." Dash paused as a thought hit her, "Unless we hide it somewhere where he can never reach it. Somewhere not on Earth or even not in this timeline. Ah know the Lookout is well protected, but we've seen it attacked before. It ain't indestructible."
    "Chucking it somewhere out of our range is going to leave it in the same position as it was deep in the ocean. It'll call out for another and they'll unearth it, just like with me and Eva. There's a saying, "keep one's friends close, but one's enemies closer"."

Perhaps it was not where but rather whom they should store it in?

No...

His memories were hazy of the fight, but he could recall Fife tearing out Tiamat's dragon ball from Erosa's body. He had no doubts that Grinthorn could easily do the same to someone else.

"For now, the Lookout is the safest location to conceal it until we find a better option."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 08-18-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Edited due to not realizing Parsley had the ball.

----

"Chucking it somewhere out of our range is going to leave it in the same position as it was deep in the ocean. It'll call out for another and they'll unearth it, just like with me and Eva. There's a saying, "keep one's friends close, but one's enemies closer"."

Perhaps it was not where but rather whom they should store it in?

No...

His memories were hazy of the fight, but he could recall Fife tearing out Tiamat's dragon ball from Erosa's body. He had no doubts that Grinthorn could easily do the same to someone else.

"For now, the Lookout is the safest location to conceal it until we find a better option."
    "Agreed, until then.Though it never hurts to have a plan B, just in case."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Praxat arrives on the Lookout. " Something smells good after that hard work I'm kind of in the mood for a good meal. I should get some food for Aoszer. It would be irresponsible of me not to feed her." Praxat said.

Praxat walks into the kitchen and grabs herself a bowl of the prepared food. Althena also walks into the kitchen around this time and is holding a book with the title Hamlet. Althena ignores the giant pot of food and instead grabs a large prime rib roast from the fridge.

Mr. Gazkai walks into the kitchen and grabs a blow of food that's in the pot," My creator is very busy with a project. So she has ordered Mr. Gazaki to bring her food from this kitchen," Mr. Gazaki said. Mr. Gazaki walks out with a blow of food.

Praxat sits down and starts chowing down on her bowl of food.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default catching up...in the past!

“That is...good. I’ll help.....as I can.”
    "There's one more thing," Ochazuke said as he rendered the line after line in quick succession.

Upon a clipboard, a grid was drawn in red on the back of an old diagnostic sheet. Atop there was a pattern of blue that snaked across its surface from one specifically numbered point to the next.

"Something for your trouble, Wilhelm." He folded in the long edges inward, and the picture became clear. A rough facsimile of the Cryo-tube's canopy and the patterned code for its hidden touch interface inlaid therein.

"You've kept her safe across worlds, even one as fitful as this one." With a small nod, he handed the safe's elusive combination to its keeper. "It is only right that after all this, you be reunited, at your discretion."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat arrives on the Lookout. " Something smells good after that hard work I'm kind of in the mood for a good meal. I should get some food for Aoszer. It would be irresponsible of me not to feed her." Praxat said.

Praxat walks into the kitchen and grabs herself a bowl of the prepared food. Althena also walks into the kitchen around this time and is holding a book with the title Hamlet. Althena ignores the giant pot of food and instead grabs a large prime rib roast from the fridge.

Mr. Gazkai walks into the kitchen and grabs a blow of food that's in the pot," My creator is very busy with a project. So she has ordered Mr. Gazaki to bring her food from this kitchen," Mr. Gazaki said. Mr. Gazaki walks out with a blow of food.

Praxat sits down and starts chowing down on her bowl of food.
    No sooner then Mr. Gazaki exist the kitchen then he comes across....a sight.

All the Erosas and standing in the hall in a small group whispering to each other about something and giving off an air not unlike that of a small band of delinquents. With almost hilarious timing the group all shift their eyes to the exiting robot and the hot food it carries.

“.....”

An aura of overwhelming dread all over the robot, as the hungry eyes of multiple ids size him up.

His next move may be his last.

OOC: Forgive the retcon, seems pertinent to respond to this.

Eva smiles shakily.

“A dragon ball. One of Alakazah’s.”

She holds out the blue and green sphere.

“It....called to me. This being here is troubling, but I knew he couldn’t get a hold of it. From my studying and conversation with Zurvan recently, his dragon balls were scattered across existence. When we got this one he appeared. Before he could do something Charco distracted him and.....and I banished him away with a spell. It...it took a lot from me.”

The ball falls from her hand and rolls towards Ochazuke as Eva goes a bit paler, form shaking.

“Perhaps more...than I thought. I have never...used such a spell, and I am not...mage.”
    The small sip of tea turned to a harsh slurp in Ochazuke's mouth. Standing to his feet, he set his cup down with a clatter as the Dragonball moved toward him.

"Where did you find this...?" Hesitantly, he picked the sphere up off the floor. Four green stars suspended amid a field of inky blue, the shape was familiar for him in particular. How long had it been since that fateful night in Cask? Though the Lookout's kitchen hearth sighed as it cooled, as he reflexively peered into the glimmer held within that glassy orb, he felt only an echo of the lifeless Northern winter.

"Alakazah...how far does his grasp reach?" Clutching the sphere, he fell his examination upon it. "And of all places, why here?"

She looks at him as he helps her up. She looks pale and shaky.

“Hide it. He can’t come here to the Lookout unannounced anymore. Asha’rah...and Zurvan...and Anula cast wards about the place. Even he cannot come here unless granted permission.”
    Silently, Ochazuke stretched his field of sense-awareness over the Guardian where she stood.

And what did you do to yourself to escape him?

Opening the fridge, Zaofan leaned in deep, reaching for something lay to chill in its innermost reaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The gargantuan dish the martial brothers prepared was beyond mesmerizing. The smells emanating from it called to Parsley, inviting her to partake in its goodness and to have her fill before anyone else could. Such a meal wouldn't last very long with three other Saiyans, a Majin, and an Id, all of which with insatiable appetites. If she was to get her fill, she would have to do so before it was too late!

"Very well. I had better eat to build my strength." She had been fighting constantly all day with little time to catch a meal in the last hour or so. She was surprised she was even able to stand, much less concentrate on anything substantial.

As she prepared herself three bowls, she gave thought to Ochazuke's remarks. "He intends to escape by being killed. He fully expects not to survive our conflict. Based on what we have seen from the videos, killing him would be a mercy. Any vestige of Jinzi Pants is gone."
    "Of course," Zaofan said, pulling something iced over forcefully from its confines "After all there's plenty to go arou-"

His eyes widened over a flat expression. Three bowls. Sometimes, the time sunk into the craft took his mind away from present company a little too well.

The ping of a timer on the oven rang out. "...yep...plenty to go around..."

Kneeling over three ovens, he pulled out several pans. These days, two hours didn't seem like such a thin margin for prep. Rather, after the deed was done, it was an issue of finding the space to put the food before it inevitably disappeared.

Something for dessert (?) lined the sills of the veranda.

And for the newcomers, something vegetarian. Did he presume too about Aleka? Well it's nice to have options anywho.

After he laid the series of dishes to rest, there was something else he had in reserve-

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Around the kitchen, there were sounds of scurrying. Suddenly one of the cabinets burst open...and a pan clatters onto the floor. Bits and spoonfuls of food may have gone missing...but who's to say
    "..."

Leaning in against the counter, Zaofan rolled open a drawer, crossed past the sink, and moved to the exposed cabinet. In his right hand, he held a rolling pin. In his left, a bottle of detergent. Slowly, he circled the emptied pan, before darting in with an unseemly war cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Dash offered to tend to Eva, so she didn't bother. Instead, she picked up the dragonball and looked it over. She had never seen a dragonball before, surprisingly. It was smaller than she thought it would be -- par for the course with lewd assumptions.

"So, Alakazah is bound of a set of dragonballs," she murmured. She wondered briefly what would happen if they assembled all seven. "What would happen we assembled all seven? What if we destroyed one?"
    After he examined the Dragonball, he passed it to Parsley. At her remark, a low chuckle escaped Ochazuke as he shook his head. The more things change, the more they seem the same.

"If only we could. Tiamat's strength is limited to this one planet, those cannot be destroyed," he said firmly. "Alakazah, if he is the creation of the Lord of All Things, likely has a deeper acquaintance with the Eternal."

Ochazuke pushed a spatula under the bed of rice. Scraping the pan to the bottom, he lift one portion after another into servings. "However, there's another issue. When the wish is granted, the spheres scatter. It is a very big universe, who else knows about the origin of things?" Though the lion's share of burdens fell upon the Earth, despite how close it was to his heart, it was after all one planet among many. "Who else might be watching, waiting for a chance to twist fate with the knowledge of fallen gods?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "..."

Leaning in against the counter, Zaofan rolled open a drawer, crossed past the sink, and moved to the exposed cabinet. In his right hand, he held a rolling pin. In his left, a bottle of detergent. Slowly, he circled the emptied pan, before darting in with an unseemly war cry.
    "Insheeeeeteeeeee!" one of the miniature Sasheem's screeched, leaping from the covered to avoid a potential bludgeoning. He had just finished chowing down on one of the entrees he had snuck a bite of, leaving a trail of crumbs as he chuckled maniacally.

"Heh heh...is stoopid," the miniature Majin managed to garble out, scurrying up the walls in an attempt to escaped the likely enraged chef, until...

Something for dessert (?) lined the sills of the veranda.

"..." the Minature Majin, briefly looking from the pie to Zaofan and back.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Insheeeeeteeeeee!" one of the miniature Sasheem's screeched, leaping from the covered to avoid a potential bludgeoning. He had just finished chowing down on one of the entrees he had snuck a bite of, leaving a trail of crumbs as he chuckled maniacally.

"Heh heh...is stoopid," the miniature Majin managed to garble out, scurrying up the walls in an attempt to escaped the likely enraged chef, until...
    "No~!" Zaofan fell low, brought to despair as he scooped the empty dish from the floor. All that prep, the precise arrangement! Everything from surface broil to baked-in fond! Gone!

The Majin's gluttony should have been something he'd gotten used to by now, but every dish he created carried with it a history of kitchens. On his many travels, Zaofan had worked every station; from dishwasher, to prep. Salad to Seafood! From running the stall to making the final check, he'd taken great pride in maintaining a spotless, efficient kitchen that produced the very best.

"A waste of food-" his voice trembled. Though this was one of many stops on this hourney of life, he had come to see the Lookout as a second home. It had come down with a Majin infestation! And the way Sasheem's fishy gob, his flapping, whiskered gums, gnawing with those sharklike teeth, it was as if the monstrosity ate a part of him. The soul of the dish, scattered to crumbs on the floor.

"...I will not stand idle in the face of this INJUSTICE!"

"..." the Minature Majin, briefly looking from the pie to Zaofan and back.
    "Ohh-ho. I don't think so!" The martial chef grit his teeth, turning inward, holding the rolling pin at hip-height as if poised to draw it from a sheath. "In fact...I can see right through you!"

In a flash, Zaofan moved with a burst of speed, closing in on the Liiliputian menace...and then the Before Image gleamed and faded out, replaced by a stream of dish soap, and a certain red light.

ZARK

A small optic blast impact the soap stream, exploding it into a shotgun burst of hot foam that splattered on the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    No sooner then Mr. Gazaki exist the kitchen then he comes across....a sight.

All the Erosas and standing in the hall in a small group whispering to each other about something and giving off an air not unlike that of a small band of delinquents. With almost hilarious timing the group all shift their eyes to the exiting robot and the hot food it carries.

“.....”

An aura of overwhelming dread all over the robot, as the hungry eyes of multiple ids size him up.

His next move may be his last.
    Mr. Gazaki analysis the situation and takes the most logical action. Mr. Gazakai puts down the bowl of food and runs off.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Mr. Gazaki analysis the situation and takes the most logical action. Mr. Gazakai puts down the bowl of food and runs off.
    "Huh....why you think he ran off like that?" The mother Erosa put her finger under her lips as she watched the tiny robot vanish in the distance. "Ero...I was about to ask him nicely where he got the food."

"You'd think we beat the crap out of it at some point." Came the adult-e's reply.

"Gaogao-ga Mrrmgo. *He is prey, better to lower his head and offer his neck to me....fleeing would avail him not*" Baby Erosa coo'd adorably.

"The way he looked at us you'd think we were anim...." Pupa was cut short as Larva Erosa had already pounced on the bowl and was eating akin to wild hyena. "HEY SAVE SOME FOR ME!"

All the Erosas save Mother and Adult desended on the bowl in a feed frenzy while the two looked on with a somewhat more controlled attitude. (Just barely for Adult anyways). "Ara....." Mother put her giant hands to her cheeks. "So hot blooded....reminds me of myself at that age."

"....you are that age." Adult muttered.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "No~!" Zaofan fell low, brought to despair as he scooped the empty dish from the floor. All that prep, the precise arrangement! Everything from surface broil to baked-in fond! Gone!

The Majin's gluttony should have been something he'd gotten used to by now, but every dish he created carried with it a history of kitchens. On his many travels, Zaofan had worked every station; from dishwasher, to prep. Salad to Seafood! From running the stall to making the final check, he'd taken great pride in maintaining a spotless, efficient kitchen that produced the very best.

"A waste of food-" his voice trembled. Though this was one of many stops on this hourney of life, he had come to see the Lookout as a second home. It had come down with a Majin infestation! And the way Sasheem's fishy gob, his flapping, whiskered gums, gnawing with those sharklike teeth, it was as if the monstrosity ate a part of him. The soul of the dish, scattered to crumbs on the floor.

"...I will not stand idle in the face of this INJUSTICE!"

"Ohh-ho. I don't think so!" The martial chef grit his teeth, turning inward, holding the rolling pin at hip-height as if poised to draw it from a sheath. "In fact...I can see right through you!"

In a flash, Zaofan moved with a burst of speed, closing in on the Liiliputian menace...and then the Before Image gleamed and faded out, replaced by a stream of dish soap, and a certain red light.

ZARK

A small optic blast impact the soap stream, exploding it into a shotgun burst of hot foam that splattered on the ceiling.
    The miniature blinked. Before he could fully comprehend what happened...a flash of red and....bubbl-AAARGH?!

Soap, hot soap covered him, got into his eyes, distracting him from his prize. He could've made off with the ultimate treasure and taken it to his bigger self but nooooooo. The chef had to get in the way!

"Porkloin!" The miniature swore. "Ababababadozygaaaa!" he cried as he fell backwards out of the windowsill, rubbing his eyes...but during his quick descent he had realized something. His nose still worked perfectly fine.

The scent of the pie still powerful, he directed his arms in that direction and quickly stretched them forward, towards the bacon covered pastry. His goal was still attainable!