Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
Blizzar calmly listened to the frog's spiel, hearing out his argument. It seemed that his hatred of Held ran deeper than he thought, but these accusations...just how many enemies had Held made by being in the wrong place at the wrong time? It was sort of amusing, almost, but he couldn't show such glibness to the Lookout's new guest.

Despite his impassioned stance on the matters at hand, however, Blizzar could not help but be a little irked on this frog's accusations. It was a tense time, but he likely was not aware of the current circumstances.

"Funny that you mention murderers and monsters...for they are among those who've saved this planet countless times, along with it's natives. I wouldn't exactly call it weak either, given that it's the most troublesome world I've ever had the pleasure of patrolling," the Arcosian went on.

"Of the criminals housed here, Held is among the least impressive in terms crimes commited, the scale of such crimes, and sheer body count and yet...I'd like to think something has changed within these individuals or and least made them focus their aggressions on something worse," Blizzar continued, beginning to pace the halls.

"I'd know this is not a satisfactory answer, but know that this planet was recently subject to not one but two recent invasions, back to back, repelled by it's defenders. One from a race few knew existed and the other from beyond time itself," Blizzar ceased his pacing to give Frogspierre a serious glance. "This sounds like a film sypnopsis, I am aware...but now that threat from beyond time ceases to end time as we know it and the forces gathered here are the ones that can out an end to it. Including Held."

The Lieutenant shrugged, "That is why Held is needed...he has saved this planet on a few occasions and now must do again....think of it as community service. Whatever justice you seek will have to wait until this voyage to the end of time concludes...I'll even set up the bloody interrogation, if you want."
There was a conflict of emotions, within Frogspierre. On the one hand, the raw revulsion he felt to hear that Held was 'tame' compared to the rest of his unholy crew that would call itself to be defenders of earth. It would likely be a whose who of unspeakable atrocities. Some small part of Frogspierre felt that it would perhaps be better that such a desperate world simply be snuffed out.

But, even as the thought ran through his mind, he knew that was a contemplation brought about by anger. The very battle for the soul of Agrippa was waged in the name of freedom and righteousness, not merely base survival. Somethings, in his mind, were worth dying for, and somethings were worse than death. Still, had he and his brothers been given a chance to fight for the survival of their home, they would have left no stone unturned to do just that, even if the methods were...less than ideal.

Despite his disgust, he could not help but sympathize on some level. All things strive to live, after all. It was perhaps the only other rule of the universe Frogspierre believed in.

Still, Agrippa was without a doubt a planet worth saving. This...Earth, however....Just because all things wish to flourish, does not mean they should. But, he knew nothing of this world and it's people, and so he withheld judgement. For the moment.

The Officer seemed to think this 'Voyage' held the fate of this world in the balance, and was not particularly vested in interfering in the burning justice that would be brought about soon enough. It would be preferable not to make an enemy of the galaxy police, if it could be avoided.

More importantly, he could not bring himself to--even by merely interfering---recklessly risk the doom of a planet he had not yet taken the measure of, he would stay his hand...For the moment.

"Do as you wish." Frogspierre said simply, turning to take another path. "Just know that no amount of 'community service' will make up for the genocide committed at his hand."

As he walked away from Blizzar, a large sliver coin arced through the air towards the Acrosians head.

"Consider that to be a receipt of the debt I owe him. I have no doubt he will understand."

With a flex of his mighty legs, Frogspierre entered the stratosphere, vanishing into the horizon.