Page 173 of 294 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Thank you. This is my first time growing up.”

She looks at the sphere.

“Yes, a dragonball. Mother was...quite intrigued.”
    Her smiled brightened a touch. "Cherish this time, Azura. You only get one chance to grow up. If you'd like, I can take you to meet my brother and cousin. It'd help to learn from people your own age." Or, well, what Parsley assumed was her age. She couldn't have been that old if she had been merely a mass, a fetus, only a few moments ago.

The dark sphere in her hand was, in fact, a dragonball. It was unlike any she had ever seen before. Its origins were mysterious enough for Midori to be intrigued by it. "Interesting. Did she mention where she found it?" As she spoke, she poured energies into the narrowing focus of Observational Focus in an attempt to determine the ball's origin. Specifically, where it came from originally.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah, uh, ah just wanted to apologize for, you know, earlier. Ah was not myself an ah took it out in you, ah'm sorry." Dash, speaking from a distance.
    "Forgiven." Strange that if Dash's head wasn't right, she would fail to distance herself from the others until she could attempt to wrap her mind around what had happened. A crowd was the last place a person should be if their temper was short. "I'd suggest you apologize to P-Sta," she intoned. "Your behavior toward him was the cause of all of this."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Forgiven." Strange that if Dash's head wasn't right, she would fail to distance herself from the others until she could attempt to wrap her mind around what had happened. A crowd was the last place a person should be if their temper was short. "I'd suggest you apologize to P-Sta," she intoned. "Your behavior toward him was the cause of all of this."
    "Oh, your right. Ah was headin towards the Cockpit anyway." Dash then asked, "Is there someone in there with you? Ah thought ah heard another voice."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh, your right. Ah was headin towards the Cockpit anyway." Dash then asked, "Is there someone in there with you? Ah thought ah heard another voice."
    Parsley looked at her weirdly, then glanced at Azura, who was standing within a few feet of her. "Yes, you met her yesterday. This is Azura's secondary humanoid form."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

At some point in the unspecified future:

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Still in the cargo bay after everything, Rex could be sensed, but not quite seen thanks to the thick clouds of ghost hakai enveloping his body. It could be seen like a giant egg, an apt description for something a reptile such as he would employ. Deep within, he focused on regaining his strength, repairing the imperfections caused by Charco's last-ditch effort to keep him weak enough for the others to deal with. He would have preferred to devour the energy needed but in such a precarious situation as he was in, he would need to rely on safer methods.
    Ishtar stepped into the cargo bay, and at once bristled at the familiar -- if horrifically distorted -- traces of energy that permeated the place. Though curious, the individual, and source, of the energy that she had come to see was in a way absent. In its ... his place ? An ephemeral 'egg' of twisted Hakai; and as much as the theft of the energy aggravated her it was rather curious.

Something less than a 'God' -- or at the least a transcendent being -- had managed to steal away some, and twist it for its own purposes ... which of course was why Ishtar now found herself in the cargo bay.

Not bothering with pomp and circumstance however, the Oni announced her presence with a simple:

"I have come for that ... chat." Whether or not the lizard was aware of her in the moment was largely ... irrelevant however. Should he be in some form of hibernation; she would simply wake him up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Her smiled brightened a touch. "Cherish this time, Azura. You only get one chance to grow up. If you'd like, I can take you to meet my brother and cousin. It'd help to learn from people your own age." Or, well, what Parsley assumed was her age. She couldn't have been that old if she had been merely a mass, a fetus, only a few moments ago.

The dark sphere in her hand was, in fact, a dragonball. It was unlike any she had ever seen before. Its origins were mysterious enough for Midori to be intrigued by it. "Interesting. Did she mention where she found it?" As she spoke, she poured energies into the narrowing focus of Observational Focus in an attempt to determine the ball's origin. Specifically, where it came from originally.
    All you get is the image of a vast empty space, and a grinning a Alakazah.

Azura smiles and blushes a bit.

“I would like that. As to the dragonball, mother found it in an ancient shrine she said. One dedicated to a dragon so old it’s name had been forgotten.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley looked at her weirdly, then glanced at Azura, who was standing within a few feet of her. "Yes, you met her yesterday. This is Azura's secondary humanoid form."
    The shadows seemed to have hidden Azura from Dash's view. Moving in closer, she finally got a better look. As she did, she then smiled as she held out her hand, "Azura, it's a pleasure to meet you again."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“I would like that. As to the dragonball, mother found it in an ancient shrine she said. One dedicated to a dragon so old it’s name had been forgotten.”
    Parsley nodded. Then, it would be done. ...This would be good for her. That being Azura. And Parsley, too.

It would be good for both of them.

However, Parsley could not find the composure to respond right away. Her focus showed her only a brief glimpse, yet that was all she needed to put the pieces together and begin to form a clearer picture.

Alakazah's devilish smile, too wide for his human skin-suit, flashed in her head. "Alakazah."

This had to have been the ancient dragon's ball, one of seven used to summon him and make a wish upon him. Parsley closed her eyes for a brief moment. Planetary dragons' dragonballs, when they separated after a wish, scattered to the far corners of the planet the dragon was bound to. Alakazah, she imagined, wielded far more power, and thus could not be restrained to such a limitation.

Could his dragonballs scatter to the far reaches of the universe? Was that possible? It was far above her ability to comprehend without more information. But, she had a hunch that that was exactly the case.

More concerning was the fact that he had a shrine dedicated to him. The location of which should have been somewhere in the data she and Ishtar downloaded the day before.

"That dragon's name is Alakazah. He's currently on Earth as I speak." She gripped the ball even more tightly. "It's imperative that he not know he have this ball. Did your mother mention where that shrine was?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At some point in the unspecified future:

Ishtar stepped into the cargo bay, and at once bristled at the familiar -- if horrifically distorted -- traces of energy that permeated the place. Though curious, the individual, and source, of the energy that she had come to see was in a way absent. In its ... his place ? An ephemeral 'egg' of twisted Hakai; and as much as the theft of the energy aggravated her it was rather curious.

Something less than a 'God' -- or at the least a transcendent being -- had managed to steal away some, and twist it for its own purposes ... which of course was why Ishtar now found herself in the cargo bay.

Not bothering with pomp and circumstance however, the Oni announced her presence with a simple:

"I have come for that ... chat." Whether or not the lizard was aware of her in the moment was largely ... irrelevant however. Should he be in some form of hibernation; she would simply wake him up.
    "Finished mating have we?"

In all honesty, Rex had doubted Ishtar would even remember that conversation, what with how aroused Sarada had made in angering him. Still, this was a confrontation he had been hoping for just as much as he had with Ochazuke, so it was only polite to greet her, face to face. The egg-like clouds of fukushuu dissipated, revealing the effects it had on the saurian. Scales across certain portions of his body had hardened, resembling armor plating, though he still retained much of his previous features.

"So, let's chat..."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Finished mating have we?"

In all honesty, Rex had doubted Ishtar would even remember that conversation, what with how aroused Sarada had made in angering him. Still, this was a confrontation he had been hoping for just as much as he had with Ochazuke, so it was only polite to greet her, face to face. The egg-like clouds of fukushuu dissipated, revealing the effects it had on the saurian. Scales across certain portions of his body had hardened, resembling armor plating, though he still retained much of his previous features.

"So, let's chat..."
    Like a whack a mole popping from its hole, Erosa head appeared from behind some boxes the very moment Rex stepped forward from his dissipated egg and fired her spitty payload.

For Ishtar, it might have seemed a bizarre scene....but for Rex, the id had been true to her word and spend the better majority of his time regenerating inside his egg pelting it with spit, various bits of metal, insult and idle banter.

Tragically, it his moment of exposure....Erosa had all but ran out of spit, and her attack fell short of where the dino stood by a couple feet.

"Ehh....I need something to drink Ero....." The Id hopped down from her box and started trudging to the exit. ".....Erosa will be back for more after she had something to eat. Ishy take over trash talk til I get back."

In the cockpit, Praxat is eating a nice meal with a water pouch on her stomach. ( That grinning bastard's face is something I don't want to see while I'm eating and drinking, ) Praxat thought.

Meanwhile, Althena has just finished her meditation. ( That Alakazah. His smile reminds me of that so-called demon Zerx who froze me 2,000 years ago. However, I know Zerx and Alakazah are two different entities,") Althena thought
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default Aiden Quest: Prologue

The shock from the exploding Star Forge at the heart of the Nebula behind them soon dithered to a ripple, and as its radius expanded across the stellar distances they left behind, all it left in its wake was a pulse that could hardly be felt at all where it washed against the shock-shielding and gravity stabilizers of the Coldlight. The fluorescent lights, the digital trill within this forged canopy and reinforced walls insulated those inside from the vacuum of space just a few feet outside.

How vast, this endless expanse of darkness. The only indication they were moving forward was signified only by the distant streaks of faraway stars. Each pinpoint that passed there was a sign of some far-off orb not unlike their familiar sun. Yet by the time their visage reached their eyes, how long would it have been since their worlds crumbled to dust and memories perished?

None would have cause to see them if they did not first reach out. Sounds fall to whispers. Light-echoes fade. The shape of ethereal frequencies may as well not exist if there were no instruments to find them.

But on their return to Earth from these uncharted stars, Karine and Totoma experienced something together. No more than a flash, a brief instance that stood uniquely within their minds. Something familiar, something nostalgic, anchored itself in memories of days long past, and seized upon them with a guarded ferocity, desperate to hang on - afraid to lose everything.

It had been about a week since he'd taught her how to fly, and slowly, surely, she'd started to keep up in her own right and it came naturally. Almost as soon as she showed signs of the Nosferatu Gift, he'd practically dragged her into training.

There were hardly enough hours in the day to make ends meet and when the sun set over the dark streets the dilapidated street lights kept the city wide awake. Working men and women turned on each other, marks for a hustle. Yet Crawling through the alleys, there was an entirely different sort of entirely inhuman scum.

The signs were there, if one sought to find them. Things just locked into place when he pointed them out. Over the rooftops near the pier they crawled through the muck and shadows to find their mark. Slime trails from cold hands, shattered steel from gnashing teeth.

"Wait here, child. Watch your father go to work." Despite the danger, and he'd never looked so alive. The little token clasped near his collar shone, reddish gold. "Besides, they're in our territory. They should learn to respect the Cromwell Barony of Kliem."

When word got out about these cold blooded creatures and the disappearances at the docks, there was hardly anything the already overworked precinct could do, so they came to him. Still, at times like this, the familiarity in the cold red glow of his eyes brought with them an odd air of reassurance. They had a duty, after all, and while mother insisted this was no place for a girl, there were few barriers for a voivode - even one as young as her.

Odd thing about light; Cast a certain way, the shadows grow wider and darker beneath it. At his command, they seemed to swell behind him and warp into the sheerest fabric, like the train of ancient royalty. A portion of it wreathed itself around her, and the warmth of the connection let her know that even as he slowly faded away from sight, she would always know he was there.
    The deep memories pulled to the surface were swiftly twisted, mixed with a stabbing pain, a smothered howling and a violent confusion. A thrashing there in psionic darkness, the pulse and burst of blood slathered the psychic signal. Through it all a cold, lonesome whisper cut through a flash of images, desperately calling out to the void without end.

Kylie. Tamaki.

Thoughts without voice, trembling incessantly around an unknown world spinning around some distant star. Driven through their minds like a sensory spike, the cloistered affect held a sensation that welled deep within them. As if a rush of thoughts frin a dying man, flashing in perpetuity in the midst of drowning. They came in bleary, half-conscious fragments, weathered, resigned, and cognizant of impending doom. But the end would not come.

Nikki.

"His body's healed. That doesn't mean he'll get back what he lost."

"Kari? You've been here for days. He needs his rest, but you need to take care of yourself as well. You'll waste away, don't argue with me."

"How much longer will it be? I don't know. But he'll stay with us, as long as it takes. It'll be alright."

"Like she used to say, what doesn't kill a Saiyan will only make him stronger. We have to believe that for his sake, and our family will be there for him, understand?"

"Bekon? Won't even pick up. You'd sooner find him bent over a brick oven tending to a pie pan before he'll see his own son. Not since Tasure-"

"So this is coming from the top, Enoki? Figures. Even with Dr. Cast's Katchin Crew they'd send you to the edge of Uncharted Space. Things will come around, but the worst part of the gig is the paperwork. I suppose if nothing else they're quite...thorough."

"Following up on a lead. It's a Merc job."

"Your mom and your dad weren't quitters, that's why they called us Riskbreakers. I can't afford to do any less."

"By the way, I would appreciate it if you closed the window after visiting Karine. Just because you're family, Totoma, doesn't mean I'm blind to what goes on under my roof, understand?"

Can you hear me? Karine.

Find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Then:

"Oh ?" Ishtar said with a turn, and a cocking of her head.

"Well as interested as you may well be, it will have to wait." The Oni stated, flatly. Though ... such a casual dismissal was probably not sufficient explanation. So with a sigh, Ishtar explained her reasoning. "Under normal circumstances, it is true that I am in the habit of speaking freely -- and as I otherwise see fit -- and yet what I wish to discuss would not fall under such 'circumstances'.

Now ..." the Oni said, golden-eyes twinkling, "is this demesne of yours, secure ?" A fair question to ask considering it was one of the topics, Ishtar wished to discuss.
    "Yes, very much so," said Nevanlinna. "I will not claim it absolutely impregnable, but without both my permission and an entrance created by either me or a... specially-created conduit, so to speak, it has thus far defied attempts to access it. Curiously..."

The threshling paused for a moment, trailing off as she considered whether to finish the thought. Eventually, she decided that she trusted Ishtar enough to continue. "...there is no detectable ki or magical energy whenever I open a portal. I will confess that many of its secrets and mysteries still elude me, most of all just... why I have a connection to this realm. But I digress... yes, I do believe you will find it most secure for whatever you have planned."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With Nevanlinna's effort, Ochazuke slowly began to feel a measure of relief as at last his torso fell with a deep exhale. In conjunction with Karine's increase of ki flow through the shadow needles, the injuries soon ameliorated themselves. Eyes half-shut, dark pools glazed over, he soon settled where he lay.

Suddenly, his hand pushed from the inside, seizing Nevanlinna's forearm sharply. Even reduced to this state of helplessness, countless hours of training manifest; morewover, perhaps Aleka's soothing foundation on top of this caused him feel as if he had some momentary reserve of strength within his previously shattered flesh.

He applied a short twist, enough to mechanically, painlessly, crumple the bend of her elbow and drew her near. His voice was hoarse, faded for he only had just recovered his breath, and the grip of that previously shattered wrist weak. But the single word was spoken with a particular harshness.

"Auroc."

The name of the Threshling god passed from his lips, and soon Ochazuke faded into unconsciousness.

There would be little gained from this revivification of all too mortal flesh. No increased fortification or adaptive swell of power for their efforts. After all, the course for the people of the Earth was a fragile path rendered of scars and memories.
    Of course this human knew of Auroc... it was of no surprise. Very little escaped his watchful gaze, and it seems that the false god had taken hold of Anula's body and attempted to dominate this late during her brief return to Reshlan. And this man certainly would not forget such a grave threat to his homeworld.

However, before she could respond, the man fell into unconsciousness. Thankfully, it seemed to be from mere exhaustion, rather than injury. Good, her--and the others'--efforts had managed to mend his wounds. She watched as the Acorian--Aleka, was it?--took the Earthling somewhere to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "............"

Karine wasn't sure what exactly what was going on, though given what had happened he was obviously trying to tell Neva something. She heard a bit about them, but not as much since had been more or less absent for a decent chunk of things. "He seems all right now, just needs to rest. I wonder if he meant they're nearby." Was it something else to worry about?

The older woman shook her head a bit. "I think maybe he meant a idea, if not for sure who might be behind the remote self destruct. Someone had to do it and the had to have a reason but I don't know much of anything about that name to say anything else. I'll take the big guy to his room to rest. its been a **** day all around."

"Go ahead. Just be careful." Karine didn't need to tell Aleka more, she had a good enough head on her shoulders to know what was what. As she left to take them to a room to rest, she turned to the young princess. "I know the name he spoke, but you're more familiar with him. You didn't sense anything that seemed like their handy work did you?"

And..we still have to deal with that..creature.

Just because she was acting calm didn't meant she had forgotten. The only reason she hadn't attacked them, along with Totoma and others is the threat to their survival in doing so.
    Nevanlinna turned her attention to the halfbreed's woman. Now that she could get a good look at her, she was... quite lacking in height. Looking back and forth between the still-watchful halfbreed and his woman drove in that fact... why, this woman barely came up to the half-saiyan's chest!

"It was Auroc, of that I am certain," said Nevanlinna. "No doubt it sought to snuff out the nascent threat to its hegemony this group represents." Before, she would have stated that it was the threat to her people's hegemony, but, no, all that deceiver desired was blind, absolute obedience and adulation. Pathetic.

"I must confess that your name has slipped my mind," said Nevanlinna. "You are that... silly half-saiyan's lover, correct?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Eva nods.

“So you are here to learn, train, so as to stop your Tyrant. Very well, my allies should be here within a day or so and you may speak to them then. However, I shall welcome you to the Lookout properly. Anything we can help with, we shall.”
    "A question: what would you say is the average level of power your allies possess?" She asked, her gaze having drifted off into studying the Lookout, "The severity of my training demands will depend on how much ground I will have to cover to match theirs if needed." Her head jerked to one direction in particular, the girl staring off into the distance, her built-in visual interface displayed the results of scanning the planet's surface.

"They're... they're all still alive..."

Thirteen years; it had been thirteen years since she had last seen her family, all of whom had been taken by the Beast during his early rampage. As cold as it might have been, but she hadn't expected them to still exist in this timeline, having long ago buried their memories deep within her heart. Her defenses feel and at this moment, she was eleven years old once more. The urge to run crying into the arms of her parents and grandmother was overwhelming as evident as she took a step forward, yet she stopped herself in her tracks.

She was no longer that eleven-year-old girl; she was no longer human; she was no longer Hibachi.
    She was Shōchū of the Last Call.

Her organic mind, fraught with conflicting emotions, relinquished control over to the cybernetic and she turned back to Eva, "Also, do you possess any alcohol with yeast? I must begin recharging the Chrononaut."

Meanwhile on the planet Qacriea in Lisia. Killrog is on his throne when he gets hologram message from a cloaked figure." So tell me how do you enjoy playing ruler Killrog," the cloaked figure said.

Killrog growls at the cloaked figure," Doesn't feel all that great knowing the fact I was never in charged. It was always you behind the scenes. I'm just your puppet," Killrog said.

The cloaked figure points at Killrog." Indeed and you have outlived your usefulness. I will give you a deadline for your demise. One year in one year you will die," The cloaked figure said.

Killrog growls," Is that so then when that time comes. I will expose you to your own kind Toadian!" Killrog said.

Cloaked figure crosses their arms." You can try when the time comes, but my race isn't going to believe a bloodthirsty monster like you Killrog. In the past, I tried helping you, but you're a lost cause," the cloaked figure said.

" It's best that you be put out of your misery before you completely lose all rational thought. After all, I don't want you to ruin the grand scheme that I set in motion nine years ago," The cloaked figure said.

In an impressive laboratory. The cloaked figure is just sitting in a chair with their hands closed in a thinking position. ( I'm sorry Killrog, My old friend, but it has to be this way. You must die, there is no way around it,) The cloaked figure thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-23-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel