Page 76 of 294 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Morgana looks at the two, Rex and Charco.

“This wasn’t quiet what I intended to happen, but......”

She banishes Rex’s presence and looks at Charco, alone at last, not even an echo of Rex at the moment.

“You have decided then?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Recon/retrieval mission. The recon sounded boring, but the recovery part had the potential to be exciting. Likely not, if it went routine and according to plan. "Sounds boring," she commented. "It would be going a lot better if I could finally get back home. I'm stuck here with this all-important mission to save the universe, one that's kept me away from Vocado for a week now."

She spared her great-aunt the details, saving her brain the trouble of trying to come to grips with the time-fuckery that had been thrust upon her for the last week now. It was almost over. Just one last fight to go before she could finally go home. And stay home.

"It's almost over, so I should be able to go home soon. Speaking of, have you been back since I pardoned you a few years back?"
    She shakes her head.

“No. Doesn’t feel like home anymore. I do plan on visiting you soon, if that’s ok.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Hitting me on the nose hardly invalidates the point, mother." Ishtar muttered. "That Shimmer is alive is good however. He was useful last I recall, and simply the pawn of one of the thousands of vultures."

As for mention of the artifact on the Arcosian world, Ishtar sighed before nodding.

"Grinth- Alakazah confirmed that one I was once acquainted with, has come into possession of the Arcosian artifact. A 'peer' he called him. Which means he is a threat, and a dangerous one at that. In any event, once this matter with the Doctor is sorted ... I feel I will be busy still."
    Her mother quirks an eyebrow.

“Met Alakazah? What’s that old snake up to?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Morgana looks at the two, Rex and Charco.

“This wasn’t quiet what I intended to happen, but......”

She banishes Rex’s presence and looks at Charco, alone at last, not even an echo of Rex at the moment.

“You have decided then?”
    Charco paused for some time, trying to find the words he wanted to say. Of course, he didn't want this, but Cyanna's desperate ploy had backed him into a corner he could no longer escape from.

"Yes..." He said quietly, "To protect her and the others... yes."

Her mother quirks an eyebrow.

“Met Alakazah? What’s that old snake up to?”
    "Attempting to attain his freedom. 'Only a wish from a peer, may set me free' was the gist of our conversation. Asha'rah, myself. Sasheem was a potential candidate ... it was implied he may have guided Koorimaru toward the amulet for much the purpose." Ishtar grunted, before shaking her head.

"His confinement notwithstanding ... he is also the leader of this planet."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Grinthorn’s eyes brighten, teeth clamping on his cigar.

“Alakazah. Alakazah. Yes, that’s my name.”

For a brief moment his shadow seems to alter shape but settles down.

To Ochazuke and Parsley, a massive looming insubstantial dragon seems to coil around and behind Grinthorn. It’s presnece seems ancient and aware they see it.

Grinthorn snaps his fingers and all his people stop cold, asleep standing up. Blizzar’s people do as well.

“And I never said I was human.”

He grins wider, impossibly wide, and looks at Blizzar.

“Seems Perhaps my disguise means little aside from to my men. Let’s let them sleep a bit as we discuss business.”
    With glowing eyes and a biting grin, Grinthorn confirmed everything Parsley thought of him. His name was Alakazah, and he wasn't human. The latter was obvious just from studying his mannerisms, but the former... Before she could wonder its meaning, his shadow shifted. Like a primordial serpent, it coiled itself around his person, shifting like water until it settled on a final form. A dragon of some shape. It's new draconian form held for the briefest of moments, just long enough for it to acknowledge that Parsley could see exactly what it -- and its master -- truly was.

Her eyes widened with surprise as she beheld what stood before her. A quick glance showed that Ochazuke saw the same, but apparently, no one else did.

Grinthorn, Alakazah was a dragon, one of the wish-granting creatures of lore. That raised many questions, all of which she wanted an answer to.

"Yes, let's talk business," she spoke up. Her eyes narrowed. "First things first, why have you taken a human form and what do you intend to accomplish with this world? Your leadership has been less than stellar, if certain people are to be believed."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She shakes her head.

“No. Doesn’t feel like home anymore. I do plan on visiting you soon, if that’s ok.”
    Sarada frowned, but didn't argue. She wanted to have her entire family back together when she and Parsley eventually made their way back to Vocado, but years of ridicule and being banished by Becbaga years ago preemptively ended any dream of that becoming a reality before the dream was even thought of.

"Yes, I'd love that. I'll have a room prepared for you at the palace, so just show up whenever you can."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco paused for some time, trying to find the words he wanted to say. Of course, he didn't want this, but Cyanna's desperate ploy had backed him into a corner he could no longer escape from.

"Charco?" Cyanna spoke hesitantly, looking both concerned and confused.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

To Ochazuke and Parsley, a massive looming insubstantial dragon seems to coil around and behind Grinthorn. It’s presnece seems ancient and aware they see it.

Grinthorn snaps his fingers and all his people stop cold, asleep standing up. Blizzar’s people do as well.

“Seems Perhaps my disguise means little aside from to my men. Let’s let them sleep a bit as we discuss business.”
    Blizzar gave a heavy sigh, narrowing his eyes at Grinthorn...or Alakazah now he supposed. This was...much more troubling then he anticipated. For Earth and the galaxy art large for whatever Grinthorn was, he was certainly powerful. A bead of sweat dripped down the Arcosian's brow. If anything, he'd like se preparation before dealing with unknowable powerful entities, but here he was, thrust into the fray.

Such was life on Earth, he supposed.

With glowing eyes and a biting grin, Grinthorn confirmed everything Parsley thought of him. His name was Alakazah, and he wasn't human. The latter was obvious just from studying his mannerisms, but the former... Before she could wonder its meaning, his shadow shifted. Like a primordial serpent, it coiled itself around his person, shifting like water until it settled on a final form. A dragon of some shape. It's new draconian form held for the briefest of moments, just long enough for it to acknowledge that Parsley could see exactly what it -- and its master -- truly was.

Her eyes widened with surprise as she beheld what stood before her. A quick glance showed that Ochazuke saw the same, but apparently, no one else did.

Grinthorn, Alakazah was a dragon, one of the wish-granting creatures of lore. That raised many questions, all of which she wanted an answer to.

"Yes, let's talk business," she spoke up. Her eyes narrowed. "First things first, why have you taken a human form and what do you intend to accomplish with this world? Your leadership has been less than stellar, if certain people are to be believed."
    Parsley already asked the most pertinent questions, so Blizzar followed up with some of his own.

"You seem to have surveillance everywhere, and I don't doubt that you have the resources for it...but just how much of that is tech?" Blizzar began. "To clarify, oftentimes the mere thought of you seems to summon your very presence. Is it accurate to say that is as it seems?"

Jinzi comms her.

“I’m at the Lookout, Praxat.”

" I'll be right there sir," Praxat said. Due to her panoramic vision, Praxat notices Dash. Praxat then approaches Dash and slightly waves at her." Oh hi there Dash I'm in a very bad mood, and it has to do with The Red Raiders," Praxat said.

Praxat then flies off towards the Lookout still wearing her Hazmat suit to have a chat with Jinzi about the Red Raiders.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-29-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

She doesn’t answer, instead remaining stoically quiet until Grinthorn says he wants custody of her. That marks a real and tangible terror and fear in Gero that you can sense.
    To all others, you looked upon them. Nothing more than component samples of fixed quantity and measured worth.

The man who held the Earth in the palm of his hand had but to utter a single command, and with no more than a gesture, all fell silent and he moved with impunity.

Though he stood between Gero and Grinthorn, Ochazuke facing her way saw little more of the scientist than the first familiar shape: her eyes.

How often had that predatory view sought opportunity beneath its softened, expertly facade? Pantaloon said it himself, she was the best and brightest, the nearest to his vision. Countless trials measured cause to effect, all life's chaos made sound to a predictable sequence; she would know the course of things to come; a consequence certain and without doubt.

Her witness cut through his frame as if he were a shadow. She saw what lingered behind them and knew what that meant. Yet the view was shared between them. Ochazuke continued to stand, turned away in silence from the President as he approached their captive. A slow tremble took his limbs, standing tall he softened his stance with a meditative breath.

With his sensory field, he was granted increase insights to all which brushed against the field of his sense-awareness. What he saw...but for the visceral chill and cold sweat falling from his brow, he betrayed no reaction.

Beholden only to yourself for that mercenary science. The end of this course, you see it plainly. Abandoned by her own, cut off from those she's promised a great many things, who would stand by her now?

With the dread presence looming behind them, it was as if everything fell away to a mutual dread.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar gave a heavy sigh, narrowing his eyes at Grinthorn...or Alakazah now he supposed. This was...much more troubling then he anticipated. For Earth and the galaxy art large for whatever Grinthorn was, he was certainly powerful. A bead of sweat dripped down the Arcosian's brow. If anything, he'd like se preparation before dealing with unknowable powerful entities, but here he was, thrust into the fray.

Parsley already asked the most pertinent questions, so Blizzar followed up with some of his own.

"You seem to have surveillance everywhere, and I don't doubt that you have the resources for it...but just how much of that is tech?" Blizzar began. "To clarify, oftentimes the mere thought of you seems to summon your very presence. Is it accurate to say that is as it seems?"
    He walked within this uncanny shape, a dreadful thing twist into the shape of a human. Parsley and Blizzar addressed him according to his means of conveyance. Despite it all, they still found the words. A task Ochazuke found that he was quite unsuited for under this duress.

He could hardly muster more than long, meditative breaths; sharp inhales into long sighs that passed through the barbs seizing his throat and coldly bristled through his being. They could keep him talking; Grinthorn had a way with speeches himself, and perhaps he would be forthcoming on these matters.

Right now, he set himself to a silent, fearful task; beholding that which slithered beneath Alakaza's pageantry of false shapes. Concentrate. If this cannot through the fear, then let is pass over, then through. Perhaps then...

When Grinthorn lift his hand, his command fell upon WG Corpsman and Galactic Patrolman alike. Through the ancestral lines of Tao'ro, whatever fell upon them Ochazuke perceived directly through the resonant power of the Earth itself, drawn through Muhen Seikai Keihatsu. For a moment, he briefly closed his eyes, giving himself over completely to uncovering the methodology behind Grinthorn's power.

In this long, frozen moment miles below Capital City, the Geofront sky seemed to stir. Faint stars shone through the blue as they seem to fall within the Earth, and each carried with them a small whisper.

OOC: 2
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-29-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

“Very well. The path will be hard, but stay firm. No matter what happens, Rex is incorrect in saying you are weak. It is your body and your mind and your will. When the time comes you’ll see.”

The nothingness fades away and is replaced by the normal room once more.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post

He nods, smoke curling around his head from his cigar.

“Funny how that works. Almost like my name is a summoning of sorts.”

He grins too widely.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    To all others, you looked upon them. Nothing more than component samples of fixed quantity and measured worth.

The man who held the Earth in the palm of his hand had but to utter a single command, and with no more than a gesture, all fell silent and he moved with impunity.

Though he stood between Gero and Grinthorn, Ochazuke facing her way saw little more of the scientist than the first familiar shape: her eyes.

How often had that predatory view sought opportunity beneath its softened, expertly facade? Pantaloon said it himself, she was the best and brightest, the nearest to his vision. Countless trials measured cause to effect, all life's chaos made sound to a predictable sequence; she would know the course of things to come; a consequence certain and without doubt.

Her witness cut through his frame as if he were a shadow. She saw what lingered behind them and knew what that meant. Yet the view was shared between them. Ochazuke continued to stand, turned away in silence from the President as he approached their captive. A slow tremble took his limbs, standing tall he softened his stance with a meditative breath.

With his sensory field, he was granted increase insights to all which brushed against the field of his sense-awareness. What he saw...but for the visceral chill and cold sweat falling from his brow, he betrayed no reaction.

Beholden only to yourself for that mercenary science. The end of this course, you see it plainly. Abandoned by her own, cut off from those she's promised a great many things, who would stand by her now?

With the dread presence looming behind them, it was as if everything fell away to a mutual dread.

He walked within this uncanny shape, a dreadful thing twist into the shape of a human. Parsley and Blizzar addressed him according to his means of conveyance. Despite it all, they still found the words. A task Ochazuke found that he was quite unsuited for under this duress.

He could hardly muster more than long, meditative breaths; sharp inhales into long sighs that passed through the barbs seizing his throat and coldly bristled through his being. They could keep him talking; Grinthorn had a way with speeches himself, and perhaps he would be forthcoming on these matters.

Right now, he set himself to a silent, fearful task; beholding that which slithered beneath Alakaza's pageantry of false shapes. Concentrate. If this cannot through the fear, then let is pass over, then through. Perhaps then...

When Grinthorn lift his hand, his command fell upon WG Corpsman and Galactic Patrolman alike. Through the ancestral lines of Tao'ro, whatever fell upon them Ochazuke perceived directly through the resonant power of the Earth itself, drawn through Muhen Seikai Keihatsu. For a moment, he briefly closed his eyes, giving himself over completely to uncovering the methodology behind Grinthorn's power.

In this long, frozen moment miles below Capital City, the Geofront sky seemed to stir. Faint stars shone through the blue as they seem to fall within the Earth, and each carried with them a small whisper.

OOC: 2
    The power there is great, but also well bound. Grinthorn is limited, severely, and must use his mind almost exclusively. No combat capability remains to the bound dragon, nor is he allowed to actually cause harm to another through his power. However, he has found ways around these restrictions. Sleep is no harm, and a faint aura of magic permeates from his cigar smoke to all around him. From the smoke the magic can be worked subtlety. That was how he put them to sleep. If you can see or smell the smoke, he can cast upon you.

Likewise he has bound his name, Grinthorn, with a psychic summoning of sorts. When one thinks it or speaks it, it draws the ancient dragon’s eyes and awareness. When that happens he can move there instantly or cause his mind to listen there. A version of Farsight, or a scrying, is also used to gather information.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada frowned, but didn't argue. She wanted to have her entire family back together when she and Parsley eventually made their way back to Vocado, but years of ridicule and being banished by Becbaga years ago preemptively ended any dream of that becoming a reality before the dream was even thought of.

"Yes, I'd love that. I'll have a room prepared for you at the palace, so just show up whenever you can."

Enoki smiles.

“I’ll move back eventually, I promise. It just takes one getting used to, ok?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM