Page 278 of 294 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem, despite the vein thay had erupted upon his forehead, seemed calm, externally. "That's...that's the big special fusion technique, huh." His tone was flat, more delivering an air of being violently unimpressed rather than one of curiosity. "This stupid dance..."
    Ro smiles.

“It’s supposed to look silly. Unpractical even. Tell me something, Sasheem: if you saw that happening on the battlefield, would you think it dangerous or overly powerful? Something to stop?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Evangeline pauses, thinking.

“Jack, prepare your sword. All of you, follow me into the Guardians Room, and Ochazuke bring the head: let us show Damask Arthur’s will.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "We know Alakaza has an eye for beneficial assets," Ochazuke replied, "especially if they may be seized readily...or volunteered."

When they had repelled the first force the Doctor sent through time, the bodies had barely touched the ground before the President himself arrived on the scene to collect the enemy remains for study. What's more, he'd framed the incident as one to strengthen his ties to the as-recently landed organizations tied to the wider goings-on of the universe through the interestes of their allies: The Saiyan Empire and the Galactic Patrol.

"When you offered your protection to this world, for a creature that can be in many places at once, he likely saw it as you handing him a weapon primed to loose anywhere upon the world. The Red Raiders appraised the situation in as much, anyways. Somehow, they'd found out about his recent blindspot and made the range of his influence that much narrower."

Ochazuke folded his arms before his chest as he continued. "They'd been fighting him for years on the back foot. Yet in removing the potential for this one threat, we know there's worse out there among the stars, waiting for our planet's vulnerable moment."
    Blizzar scratched the side of his face. "Indeed," he agreed, contemplating the exact events that led to his entire security system's current compromised and disabled nature. He would like to have this while mess rectified as soon as possible. If word of it's failures spread, the system would fail to be implemented on other worlds that would once have payed top dollar for a foolproof planetary security system. If he was lucky he could recoup his losses and convince other intergalactic leaders that Earth was a special case. A beautiful blue target that unfortunately drew the ire of nightmarish threats.

Which reminded him...."I'm aware that these Raiders are no friends of off-worlders such as I, but are they truly so lost that they are unwilling to listen to any sort of reason? We have a mutual enemy in Alkazah, after all and if they were to realize that their actions could potentially threaten Earth from even more invasive threats..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ro smiles.

“It’s supposed to look silly. Unpractical even. Tell me something, Sasheem: if you saw that happening on the battlefield, would you think it dangerous or overly powerful? Something to stop?”
    "If Sasheem saw that happening on the battlefield, he'd make it his priority to kill the couple of jabronis goofy enough to try it first outta principal," The Majin snorted, folding his arms.

Astonishing Member

As soon as the call had gone out, the response from the corners of the globe had been swift. Ochazuke supposed to himself that perhaps there was some quiet comfort to be had in the reliability of his comrades. Samson and Evangeline await the assembly outside, and for a moment he'd found himself alone in the Guardian's chamber. Aching phantom wounds lingered where they tracked upon his body not hours ago, and he leaned upon the wall for a moment. When his mind at last cleared, with a throw of his heavy hand, he cast the doors open and stood tall.

Ochazuke turned his attention first to Held, and when he landed effortless in his easy manner, the barest smirk curled at the corner of his lip. Not a wasted movement.

"I called for warriors, Held, and warriors is what I expect, no less," he replied. "I'll fill you in when the others arrive, but in brief, Kenshiko has resurfaced, and along with her the Red Raiders."

What had happened years ago was still fresh in his mind, and the separations of the past and present had prevented him from confronting her before. He knew firsthand it was a lot to ask, even of a consummate professional, to take up this task, much less a second time.

"Perhaps I must once again ask for the impossible. If there is even the smallest chance we can pull it off, it will need to be exacting, precise."
    The Nevadian's smile faltered, if only for a moment, his expression mixed with surprise and confusion.

It had been many years since he had seen Kenshiko, on her way to be transported from her temporary holdings, to a prison better suited to one of her skills and infamy. But it was not that meeting that stood out the most in the Nevadian's mind.

It was when they first met on the field of battle, during the conclusion of the raid that he and the others had been sent to conduct. It was a desperate, brutal affair, to be sure.

The image of the tigress, bloodied, wild, injured...Her will was ferocious, doing more harm to herself in the midst of battle than Held had come close to subjecting her to. She had burned herself out during that day, Held merely fanned a flame that was close to burning out.

The last time they met, she seemed broken, defeated. Again, not by anything the Nevadian had done, so much as by the bitter realization of the reality of her situation. In his heart, the Nevadian had wondered if she would ever recover from the wounds in her soul from that day.

Apparently she had, although if she was still among the Red Raiders, it was safe to say that those wounds were superficial in comparison to what had driven her in the first place.

"You don't say." Held replied with a dry smile, hiding his apprehension, "I wonder about what she's been up to, from time to time...But, I guess the nature of this meeting--"

He paused, before laughing.

"Well, they say to get a grasp of the type of person someone is, look at their friends...." He tilted his head towards the crane stylist in acknowledgement, "I suppose with you as an example, Ochazuke, I shouldn't have expected her to stay down for long."

He paused for a moment, considering something.

"Putting aside how thrilled she'd be to see me again..." Held mumurred, rubbing his chin, "I have to say I'm surprised. I thought the whole Willia and Battersea thing practically destroyed her allegiance to the Raiders..."

I would have thought I had a better chance of asking her on a date, than getting her to overlook a betrayal on that level...

The roar of plasma-engines and hiss of pneumatics broke the divinely sealed atmosphere surrounding the Lookout as the GP officer touched down. Our eye in the sky. The Arcosian Officer's towering frame soon joined this assembly.

"So it seems. I understand your network's been having some trouble," Ochazuke replied mirthlessly. "The Red Raiders said something about it while I confronted them on West Continent."

Ochazuke paused for a moment, rubbing a cold bead of sweat from his scarred brow. Though the majority of Blizzar's deeds spoke to the contrary and his masked visage put him apart, something in his body language and that particular sound that framed his footsteps still echoed the impression of...somebody else. Perhaps only the shape of a villain.

"Very comprehensive grid, a thousand parts ready to move and respond...and just as many eyes to see the task done. It seems the World Government caught wind of it and wanted a piece of that. Perhaps it may have been only a manner of time, Officer, before the President used it to enhance his outreach. You and I both know how fixated he becomes once he sets his view to something."

"Hardly."

Ochazuke's tone hardly changed as the third emerged. Dead men may not always be ghosts...particularly if you know were to look.

"Your grave countenance is unbecoming for a young man Jack. Neither is it suitable to follow would-be Destroyers after what happened in Avalon."

Even now, that Saurian and the soul knotted into the flesh of its being was still out there. Slavering, hunting, feeding. After seeing the nadir of desperate humanity and glimpsing the eternal night wrought forth from the maw of the Void in the clash of Ancients, he and Zaofan threw themselves into completing their training with as much zeal and equal parts desperation to keep this world turning.

"The history of this world is fraught with division, but you and I, this is still our home. I wager, however, that I may have a task better suited for your talents."

Ochazuke took a few steps over the renewed plaza of the Lookout, glasslike tiles reflecting the pristine blue above with perfect fidelity. He looked over to Evangeline as he passed, because what he was about to do would be unconscionable to the Ronin in his self-appointed duty as custodian.

Much less the Nevadian warrior in their present company

"This may be a matter of interest for you as well, Guardian. And Balon, be on your guard."

This was the only warning as he produced a capsule, and cast its weighty contents over the square, before immediately reaching inward with a hand gild in nullification energies.

Plucked from the cloud of dust was the head of the Golem, Damask.

"You serve the bloodline. I saw it when I reached into the matter of your soul," he said. The ancient facade held in Ochazuke's deathly grip turned with him, steered about to face Jack Knave where he stood. "Tell me, creature, who is this that stands before you?"

Held grimaced, not entirely expecting the grim spectacle before him. He recognized the head easily enough, encountering it during his cruise onboard the Capsule of The World.

The Gollem, Damask.

"....Well, he's certainly seen better days." He muttered him himself.

Ochazuke is really serious about this, if he's going through this trouble....What in the world does he think Kenshiko is trying to do?

Default Rising from Ruins [Ochazuke]

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian's smile faltered, if only for a moment, his expression mixed with surprise and confusion.

It had been many years since he had seen Kenshiko, on her way to be transported from her temporary holdings, to a prison better suited to one of her skills and infamy. But it was not that meeting that stood out the most in the Nevadian's mind.

It was when they first met on the field of battle, during the conclusion of the raid that he and the others had been sent to conduct. It was a desperate, brutal affair, to be sure.

The image of the tigress, bloodied, wild, injured...Her will was ferocious, doing more harm to herself in the midst of battle than Held had come close to subjecting her to. She had burned herself out during that day, Held merely fanned a flame that was close to burning out.

The last time they met, she seemed broken, defeated. Again, not by anything the Nevadian had done, so much as by the bitter realization of the reality of her situation. In his heart, the Nevadian had wondered if she would ever recover from the wounds in her soul from that day.

Apparently she had, although if she was still among the Red Raiders, it was safe to say that those wounds were superficial in comparison to what had driven her in the first place.

"You don't say." Held replied with a dry smile, hiding his apprehension, "I wonder about what she's been up to, from time to time...But, I guess the nature of this meeting--"

He paused, before laughing.

"Well, they say to get a grasp of the type of person someone is, look at their friends...." He tilted his head towards the crane stylist in acknowledgement, "I suppose with you as an example, Ochazuke, I shouldn't have expected her to stay down for long."

He paused for a moment, considering something.

"Putting aside how thrilled she'd be to see me again..." Held mumurred, rubbing his chin, "I have to say I'm surprised. I thought the whole Willia and Battersea thing practically destroyed her allegiance to the Raiders..."

I would have thought I had a better chance of asking her on a date, than getting her to overlook a betrayal on that level...
    Held didn't say it, but the fact of the matter was he had experienced firsthand what a state of total war had done to his Kru. It was nothing short of miraculous how the Privateer's skills had seen him through without visible sign of injury, but there was a subtle tell in his cadence, and there in the shared understanding of what they stood to oppose.

The complimentary airs of his acknowledgement, on the other hand...

"Cheh."

The more immediate concern facing them was far closer to mind, and right now he knew his efforts alone would not be sufficient enough to rectify it.

"I'd thought so too, which leads me to suspect either the Raiders have found some leverage, or far more likely, there was nowhere else she could turn to."

Struggling against a world that buried its own, the Red Raiders had tethered themselves to an increasingly desperate fight.

"Alakazah had created his perfect peace, his harmony achieved by consolidating humanity under a banner of fear and ignorance. When all opposition had been ground to dust under his heel, there would be few allies against him and even slimmer hope he would be unseated. As he grows stronger, expands his grasp beyond this world, the voice of our people grows increasingly silent throught the universe."

Ochazuke's stern gaze softened for a moment before his troubled brow furrowed to conceal it.

"She is a true master, Held, one of the best. For what she's done for the legacy arts, I owe her a great deal...and yet I find myself having overlooked something critical once more."

Held grimaced, not entirely expecting the grim spectacle before him. He recognized the head easily enough, encountering it during his cruise onboard the Capsule of The World.

The Gollem, Damask.

"....Well, he's certainly seen better days." He muttered him himself.

Ochazuke is really serious about this, if he's going through this trouble....What in the world does he think Kenshiko is trying to do?
    Blizzar scratched the side of his face. "Indeed," he agreed, contemplating the exact events that led to his entire security system's current compromised and disabled nature. He would like to have this while mess rectified as soon as possible. If word of it's failures spread, the system would fail to be implemented on other worlds that would once have payed top dollar for a foolproof planetary security system. If he was lucky he could recoup his losses and convince other intergalactic leaders that Earth was a special case. A beautiful blue target that unfortunately drew the ire of nightmarish threats.

Which reminded him...."I'm aware that these Raiders are no friends of off-worlders such as I, but are they truly so lost that they are unwilling to listen to any sort of reason? We have a mutual enemy in Alkazah, after all and if they were to realize that their actions could potentially threaten Earth from even more invasive threats..."
    "It may be difficult to barter compromise against a cause viewed as more valuable than life itself," he replied, "We've seen what that sort of devotion can do with the tenacity to see it through, time and again."

Through unchecked hubris, what horrid feats their manifold cosmic adversaries had wrought across the universe. He's grit his teeth and pushed through alongside the rest of their companions, but always, just below the surface, Ochazuke had been painfully aware of the fretful condition of his own people.

"You might see your systems as a design crafted to do right. To uphold the letter of interstellar law as a shield, knowing what's waiting out there. But making the Earth your protectorate has also made a statement: That this world is not ours, neither to live on as we will, much less for humanity to decide their fate. The GP appearing to throw their lot behind That Man sealed that sentiment for those who know his true nature."

And those who were ignorant of it, a glimpse of terror, and placated apathy ever more. With this silent admission to himself, a restrained, loathing sigh escaped Ochazuke.

"Right now, the Red Raiders are confident in their ability to route the World Government for they are on the cusp of seizing the secrets of my martial legacy; the Hidden Hand of Zxu'ro. Having seen their abilities firsthand, this is a distinct possibility."

To Held and Blizzar, his eyes hardened. "In these trying times, this is not a matter of taking arms to slay a Dragon. This is a battle for the soul of this world."

Default Rising from Ruins [Ochazuke]

“I am bound by ancient oaths of blood and bone, of bronze and stone. I answer to those of Arthur’s bloodline, though I and my brother’s currently serve Colonel Rautt. Our word is bond, superseded only by Arthur’s Will.”
    Brothers.

There were more of these weapons forged from the heart of the Earth. Arthur's machinations, just how deep do they go? Certainly Ochazuke had noticed it, the Golem's strange sense of kinship extended toward him when he seized on the very same means of power that built its hands of stone, and the conveyance of its memories was unsullied, pure.

Yet this strange innocence was sheathed in an armour that lashed out monstrously. Ochazuke had little doubt that Damask knew as Kenshiko did what he'd once been trained to do against kindred. It would be all too easy to withdraw inside himself, to peer at a remove through that naive killer's eyes once again.

It would be a paltry effort in Damask's current condition; With a gesture he could grind the thing to dust. But there was a certain spark in its being, animated within the magic. Resonating with the planet itself, Arthur's creation was culled from something quite distinct from the slaver's jaws shrouded in the Void of Amdapor.

"Words. So much for this without a will."

It had a distinct soul, and was very much alive. But choice for the Golem remained as stubborn as the features of its visage.

"Before you is the latest in the Guardian's line," Ochazuke retorted. "Stand against the Guardian and your oaths stand against the protection of the Earth on feet of clay."

Evangeline pauses, thinking.

“Jack, prepare your sword. All of you, follow me into the Guardians Room, and Ochazuke bring the head: let us show Damask Arthur’s will.”
    It seemed the deeper mysteries clamoured in the lower places, even here in the heavens. This chamber of a thousand lingering ghosts housed diminished Arthur himself, though as of lately, the deposed warrior-king turned his insights away from the world below.

"He said little the last time they'd encountered one another," Ochazuke replied leaning his gaze to Evangeline for a moment, "Unless the power of Creation has galvanized something else besides the powers of a Guardian."

Still, she had not led them astray so far as she could help it. He started toward the lower levels of the Lookout, pausing for a moment to beckon his offworld companions accompany them.

"If our planet is any indication of the potential in the wider universe, perhaps it would suit you two to come along to get a glimpse of what we're fighting for."

There were many days of battle yet to come. Destruction and Void, a little piece of the mystery of what the restored Creation was meant to be.

"If Sasheem saw that happening on the battlefield, he'd make it his priority to kill the couple of jabronis goofy enough to try it first outta principal," The Majin snorted, folding his arms.
    Ro chuckles.

“Maybe. But it’s purpose is to be...non-dangerous looking. Silly even. Trust me, it’s been used many times to staggeringly powerful effect. Plus, unlike your majin natural absorption power, the fusion wears off in half an hour so you aren’t stuck being something else, or risk having your personality rewritten.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Once inside the chamber, Eva summons forth Arthur’s spirit, who manifests quickly. He nods to the assemble people here, eyeing Jack and Damask’s head.

“How may I be of assistance, Evangeline?@

She looks at Jack, who sighs, puts his cigarette out, and holds his left hand out. A moment passes, and a beautiful sword appears in his hand. Magic and Creational Energy seem to wrap around and imbue the blade.

Arthur looks at it, then slowly nods before turning to Eva.

“You wish me to name him my true heir then? To acknowledge the blade as my Will?”

She nods once, sharply.

“Much of the past needs cleaning up, Arthur. This is a part of it: Willa and her cohorts need to be rooted out and taken care of. She has Damask bound to her by blood, but Jack is your true successor. You need to make it official.”

The first Guardian looks at Jack, the blade, then at Damask’s head. A sad smile crosses his face.

“Forgive me the burden I’ve placed on you, old friend. You served me and mine well, and I ask you to witness my last act and bear one more task: confirming my will.”

He turns and walks to Jack, reaching out and placing ghostly hands on the younger man’s shoulders.

“You are my blood, Jack Knave, and with my blade in your possession I make this decree: you are my Heir. Through your line shall my name continue, from now to perpetuity. All lands and titles I pass to your line. All blood bonds and oaths I pass to your line. All Charges and Marques I pass to your line. May it all serve you and yours well. “

White vines of power cross cross from Arthur to Jack, passing through the sword, and after a moment they both step back as the vines disappear.

“It is done. Damask, Jack Knave is my heir. Your oaths are his oaths now. The Ritual was witnessed. Do you confirm?”

The golem’s eyes flash.

“It is witnessed and acknowledged, Lord Arthur. It shall be done.”

With that Arthur smiles at them, nods to Evangeline and disappears.

Eva looks at Jack, who looks at the sword before shaking his head and making it disappear.

“Damask, answer any questions Ochazuke here poses you. Or anyone else here. And, uh, don’t tell Willa what happened.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Iris and May – Brief Story Overview

Iris and May were sisters who both came from an ancient, scientifically advanced world. The Scholars with one of the seven major Universities.

Iris was an Exo-biologist and Exo-Sociologist, May was an Engineer who specialized in robotics, spacecraft design, energy fields, and propulsion engines for spacecraft.

They both found their work stifled, so put together a proposal for a ten-year expedition to other worlds. Iris to study the life forms there, May to test out her engine and spacecraft designs under actual usage. The university eventually consented, with conditions, for their expedition. A year later, May launched her spacecraft, the crew consisting of herself, Iris, and a dozen AI’s and Robots of various designs and functions.

Having plotted out a course, they set off to visit as many Solar Systems as they could. Whenever they found one with a living world, they would spend enough time there for Iris to do her research.

One of the conditions for approval of their expedition was Non-interference. Aside from discrete collecting of DNA and other life samples, they were required to avoid contact or interaction with sentient inhabitants of other worlds. They used their cloaking technology to move silently on the surface, and the ship’s cloaking technology to avoid detection.

In addition to sample collection, Iris used the ship’s observational and sensor technology to observe the life forms on the planets.

It wasn’t long before Iris began bending the rules, much to her sister’s unease. Coming upon their first civilized world, after sample collecting and a few weeks of observation, Iris decided that she had to obtain copies of that world’s books. She reasoned that any rule-bending they might do would be forgiven if they could bring back to the University a collection of books to add to their already expansive library systems.

Giving in, May re-engineered the personal cloaking tech so that it could also be used to create illusions to disguise them both as a native to those worlds. Iris, carrying a disguised device for scanning and digitizing books, traveled around to various places where she either purchased copies of books or made digital copies of them.

This then became part of their expedition over the next nine years. In the final year of their travels, the sisters came across the planet now known as Chroma. It was a dark world; the sunlight was barely enough to sustain life yet a race of sentient beings had already begun the early stages of civilization.

The darkness was caused by the solar system have two weak stars that bound the planets within like sheepdogs racing around to keep the herd together. At the point of overlap between the two stars was the ‘Goldilocks zone’, the only place where life could arise on a planet. The dance between the two stars and their planets was graceful yet fragile.

Taking a safe position in orbit around the unnamed planet, the sisters began their research, visiting the world several times. Iris collected her samples and made her observations, while May studied the dynamics of the physics of the two stars.

On one visit to the surface by both sisters, they happened to come across what looked like the ruins of a stone structure. In the center of these ruins, they discovered a large stone engraved with symbols. As they studied it, Iris began to sense an energy coming from the stone. As she reached out her hand to touch it, her sister grabbed her arm and pulled it back. May chided Iris, cautioned her that whatever energy was coming from that stone could be dangerous. Reluctantly Iris agreed and the two returned to their spaceship. In her studies of the life forms below, she felt sad for them. The knowledge they had gathered predicted that the world would not survive, or even if it did that the life forms on it would stagnate in the darkness.

Soon after they teleported back to the ship, an experiment May was running through the ship’s AI computers completed with an immanent and ominous forecast. Running to her sensors, May checked the status of the twin stars, realizing that they were on a collision course. Iris came up next to her as May prepared to take the ship back out into deep space. Before she could, Iris stopped her, and soon they chose a more drastic course of action.

Finding an empty valley surrounded by mountains, Iris had her sister, for the first time since lifting off from their homeworld, land the ship. May’s spaceship was massive since it was designed to provide every accommodation, they would need over tens of years, especially those relating to their scientific research. Landing it was no easy feat, however, May, with the help of her crew, managed to do it.

Upon landing, Iris ordered that the dimensional barrier May had been working on over these past 9 years be extended over the entire planet. This was just in time, as the two stars collided sending shock waves throughout the solar system, destroying the nearest planets and ripping off atmospheres from those further out.

The barrier held, and while the planet’s orbit was shifted, it survived intact. It took about a year before the shock wave dissipated and the new star that formed from the collision of the two smaller ones now shone with a brighter light. Once they were certain that the danger had passed, the barrier was dropped and the planet was returned to a stable orbit.

For the first time in their lives, the inhabitants of that world could feel the greater warmth of the new star, however, their near-blindness made them incapable of seeing it or of seeing how their world was now blooming with new colors.

It was then that Iris made her choice. Returning to the ruins, the two sisters had used their time to figure out that what they discovered was the last trace of a Guardian that once oversaw this world a long time ago. There was little to identify this mysterious Guardian, who he was, where he came from, or why this world of all places. The only thing they did know was that he left behind his power, possibly intending it to be eventually claimed by a worthy native once they had evolved enough to do so.

As she approached the stone, she could feel the power pulsing and calling to her. With a glance at her sister, who nodded her approval, Iris touched the stone and was filled with its energy. For the first time in who knows how long, this world again had a Guardian.

For the next ten years, Iris and May, with the help of May’s Robotic crew, set out to transform her beloved Spaceship into a temple and Iris set out to bring light and color to the race that she renamed Chromakai.

After ten years, they received a message from their homeworld. It took them ten years to locate the missing Scholars and determine that they were still alive. The message was an order to return home. Though reluctant to leave her sister behind, it was decided that May would return via a subspace Portal and Iris would remain on Chroma to look over her new children.

Iris gave May some gifts to offer in hopes of appeasing those on the planet. Neither knew what the situation was, and Iris was worried about her sister’s safety, as May was worried about Iris. With preparations made, the two said a tearful goodbye to each other then opened the portal. Stepping inside, followed by what remained of her original crew, May left Chroma never to return.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-08-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"It may be difficult to barter compromise against a cause viewed as more valuable than life itself," he replied, "We've seen what that sort of devotion can do with the tenacity to see it through, time and again."

Through unchecked hubris, what horrid feats their manifold cosmic adversaries had wrought across the universe. He's grit his teeth and pushed through alongside the rest of their companions, but always, just below the surface, Ochazuke had been painfully aware of the fretful condition of his own people.

"You might see your systems as a design crafted to do right. To uphold the letter of interstellar law as a shield, knowing what's waiting out there. But making the Earth your protectorate has also made a statement: That this world is not ours, neither to live on as we will, much less for humanity to decide their fate. The GP appearing to throw their lot behind That Man sealed that sentiment for those who know his true nature."
    "An understandable sentiment, I suppose even if I cannot empathize," Blizzar admitted. He hadn't quite realized this to be a potential issue. With no true interest in his own homeworld and growing up in galaxy filled with planets fsr more used to the dealings of the GP, he hadn't considered the possibility that imposing a new constant upon the Earth's populace could be considered unappealing to some.

And given that he HAD agreed to a deal with the President, he couldn't blame them, even if his intent was to double cross the double cross. Nevertheless, he still unwaveringly considered the GP'S presence beneficial in the wake of threats focused on Earth that could shake the wider galaxy.

And those who were ignorant of it, a glimpse of terror, and placated apathy ever more. With this silent admission to himself, a restrained, loathing sigh escaped Ochazuke.

"Right now, the Red Raiders are confident in their ability to route the World Government for they are on the cusp of seizing the secrets of my martial legacy; the Hidden Hand of Zxu'ro. Having seen their abilities firsthand, this is a distinct possibility."

To Held and Blizzar, his eyes hardened. "In these trying times, this is not a matter of taking arms to slay a Dragon. This is a battle for the soul of this world."
    "Then perhaps today we will begin to right wrongs that should have long been corrected," Blizzar stated with a nod. "This planet within and without has seen enough hardship."

Ro chuckles.

“Maybe. But it’s purpose is to be...non-dangerous looking. Silly even. Trust me, it’s been used many times to staggeringly powerful effect. Plus, unlike your majin natural absorption power, the fusion wears off in half an hour so you aren’t stuck being something else, or risk having your personality rewritten.”
    "Well, that's a bright side, Sasheem supposes," The Majin shtugged, not entirely convinced. "Is that it, then? If it is, what the hell do we do now?"

"Well, that's a bright side, Sasheem supposes," The Majin shtugged, not entirely convinced. "Is that it, then? If it is, what the hell do we do now?"
    “Train, learn. Refine your techniques and seek out my actual form for the final Secret Technique. It shouldn’t be hard to find me.“

He smiles.

“We can spar a while if you wish. I can help with other techniques you might not know from your chosen school.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Smile

“Train, learn. Refine your techniques and seek out my actual form for the final Secret Technique. It shouldn’t be hard to find me.“
    !!

"Wait, what?!" Sasheem nearly spat, his waning attention span suddenly attentive once more. "For one thing...your actual form's still out there?! Where?! And what the hell us this final tecnique?!"

He smiles.

“We can spar a while if you wish. I can help with other techniques you might not know from your chosen school.”
    !!!!

"Okay, wait....WAIT!" Sasheem held up his index finger. "How much of these techniques do you know? Thus include some that were developed after your supposed 'passing'?"

Astonishing Member

Held didn't say it, but the fact of the matter was he had experienced firsthand what a state of total war had done to his Kru. It was nothing short of miraculous how the Privateer's skills had seen him through without visible sign of injury, but there was a subtle tell in his cadence, and there in the shared understanding of what they stood to oppose.

The complimentary airs of his acknowledgement, on the other hand...

"Cheh."

The more immediate concern facing them was far closer to mind, and right now he knew his efforts alone would not be sufficient enough to rectify it.

"I'd thought so too, which leads me to suspect either the Raiders have found some leverage, or far more likely, there was nowhere else she could turn to."

Struggling against a world that buried its own, the Red Raiders had tethered themselves to an increasingly desperate fight.

"Alakazah had created his perfect peace, his harmony achieved by consolidating humanity under a banner of fear and ignorance. When all opposition had been ground to dust under his heel, there would be few allies against him and even slimmer hope he would be unseated. As he grows stronger, expands his grasp beyond this world, the voice of our people grows increasingly silent throught the universe."

Ochazuke's stern gaze softened for a moment before his troubled brow furrowed to conceal it.

"She is a true master, Held, one of the best. For what she's done for the legacy arts, I owe her a great deal...and yet I find myself having overlooked something critical once more."
    "Yeah....That man is....I say this as an outsider, but he certainly knows what he's doing."

It was a very earnest and true concern. The worry Ochazuke expressed did not escape the Nevadian and his political acumen. Alakazah had united the people of Earth under a banner, true, but it was not truly a government of their own design, or even with their own interests at heart. Held could not discern the nature of his machinations, but it likely just considered the humans as a means to some unknown end. After all, if someone of his power could not bring peace to this world, it was just as likely that he was uninterested, as it was that he simply could not.

The mechanism of oppression was subtle, but it was there. Playing the earthlings against one another, offering the only path to a form of peace so that in their desperation they cling to him like a child... It was not surprising, although it was despicable.

But it was surprising to hear Ochazuke speak of such things. The man had uncanny insight to be sure, but Held had never realized just how far it went.

"Kenshiko....I guess I should have figured that as long as whathisname is still around, she'd come back sooner or later....I didn't fight the Raiders that often, but...."

He frowned remembering a young man who died in battle against him, unwilling to surrender until revenge had been taken against the World Government that took so much beforehand.

"....I guess in retrospect we both might have missed the obvious."

"You truly lead a charmed life." Held said with a sympathetic sigh, "Alakazah to the left, Kenshiko to the right....And here you are stuck in the middle."

Held went silent for a moment, stroking his chin as he took measure of Ochazukes words. Had any of the other warriors made such a claim, he likely would have dismissed it as mere hyperbole. Be it Saiyan, Nevadian, or otherwise, Held rarely considered the art to be as potent as the practitioner. Oh, to be sure, there were always deep knowledge to be found in arts passed down from the ages; His Unicorn arts were proof of that. They had served him well and taken him far. But even in the hands of a man more skilled than himself--assuming there were any--he wouldn't have gone so far to say that they would enable a man to rule a world where so many great warriors, and so much resplendent power had resided.

It was a claim made by many martial artist in jest. Ochazuke had never been on to appreciate the finer points of a joke, or to be so enraptured by his own ego as to lead him to do pointless things. His assessment of skill was perhaps superior to the Nevadians, and whatever he had seen was such he was unwilling to dismiss the chaos brought about by this progenitor art.

Kenshiko was much the same, as much as Held could tell. Deathly serious, focused on nothing beyond her goals. She likely wouldn't have went on some sort of training pilgrimage unless she truly believed it held the answers she sought, and the closer she came, the greater her odds of success would likely be.

The idea put forth was laughable; The person who put forth the idea, and the person who pursued the idea were ones who he held deep respect and--in Kenshiko's case--caution towards. So, he suspended his instincts, and relied on their judgement.

After all, the Humans were full of surprises. Ochazuke himself, even when the Nevadian had first met him possessed a skill uncommon among Saiyans, let alone Nevadians, often considered naturally gifted in the art of combat, if lacking in the prodigious power found among the Saiyans. The Humans were considered to be lacking in both measures.

Held's travels during his first three years of time on the planet did little to alter his assessment. Perhaps he had been looking in the wrong locations: Ochzuke, Zaofan, Battersea, Balon, Kenshiko....Each warrior was nothing short of magnificent, to the point that even now, he was unsure as to how a battle on equal footing between human and Nevadian would play out.

Earth was certainly the very definition of atypical. There was some reason that so many cosmic horrors, so many great warriors and empires seemed dead set to claim jurisdiction over it. Held absently wondered if he was remiss in his duties to not attempt to do the same, although he considered earth as more of a home away from home, as opposed to a prize.

Still, this planets ability to surprise in every sense of the world was not to be underestimated. If there was a style so potent as to overcome so many fearsome barriers, it would likely be found here.

"Well, I try to keep my interfering in your planets politics to a minimum." Held replied with a laugh, turning his attention back to his comrade, "If only because between all the Galaxy Police, Sayian Empire and World Goverment Red Tape, I'm half expecting to get sued for sneezing on something I shouldn't have....Admittedly, I was here first, so if anythi--Nevermind."

The interactions this planet has is quite fascinating from a political standpoint. Alawhatever's maneuvering would put some of the greater politicians on my world to shame...

He sighed once more, focusing on the matter at hand.

Not to mention, I run the risk of dragging Nevada into something or other because I got too carried away, although I doubt Sarada and Blizzar really care about what I do.

"But I can't let it be said Held Debon just lets things go to **** on his watch, or wont pull his own weight...I'm not exactly sure how I can help, but I'll do what I can. "

Besides, I admit I've been wanting to take a closer look at the higher level martial arts of this planet...

Once inside the chamber, Eva summons forth Arthur’s spirit, who manifests quickly. He nods to the assemble people here, eyeing Jack and Damask’s head.

“It is done. Damask, Jack Knave is my heir. Your oaths are his oaths now. The Ritual was witnessed. Do you confirm?”

The golem’s eyes flash.

“It is witnessed and acknowledged, Lord Arthur. It shall be done.”

With that Arthur smiles at them, nods to Evangeline and disappears.

Eva looks at Jack, who looks at the sword before shaking his head and making it disappear.

“Damask, answer any questions Ochazuke here poses you. Or anyone else here. And, uh, don’t tell Willa what happened.”
    "....What the hell just happened?" Held asked, blinking in confusion. "Did I miss a few meetings or something?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 04-01-2020 at 04:45 PM.