Page 232 of 294 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    In the midst of a rather lewd dream, involving Sarada and what they had managed to figure out thanks to the wonderful -- if unholy -- magic she had created specifically for lewds; Inanna's response to being shaken awake was a groggy and softly whispered: "... titties."

Inanna did indeed know of it when Sarada came to ask, though she was unaware of any of the trouble that was described in the note. The last time she'd been there after all, it had been one of yet another handful of verdant worlds; with a rather peaceful populace of varied species and a set of rather curious customs. Though it was odd that everyone had seemingly received the same letter ... with only the name being different. There was also, one other thing.

"Should check with the others," she muttered, still half-awake. "Road trip ..."
    When Sarada returned from consulting with Parsley, she found that Inanna was finally awake from her titillating dream. Sliding back into bed, she listened as Inanna explained. Turned out she did in fact know about the planet, Pandemoniumia or whatever it was called, and even knew exactly where it was. Most importantly, she was down to bust some heads and gorge herself on a week's worth of delectable food. "Awesome!" she grinned. "Be right back. Gonna tell Parsley the good news."

She shot out of bed and barged back into her sister's room. "Hey! Inan--"

"Oh my god go away!" Avoca cried.

Ignoring her, she continued. " Inanna knows where the place is and is down to go."

Her fears that it was simply a prank had been put to rest. Still, Parsley knew that it still could have been a trap of some kind. Despite that, the allure of endless combat and an equally endless feast of epic proportions upon their victory was too much to resist. "Fine, I'm in."

Avoca sighed and turned over. "Well, I'm not being left here alone with those two headaches. Guess I'm in too." With that, she turned back over and shoved a pillow back over her head.

This was great! Her sister, her girlfriend, and her best friend were all down to kick ass and gorge themselves on delectable food with her. That was all a Saiyan woman could ask for. There was literally no downside. "Awesome! Let's leave tomorrow." She walked out, the immediately poked her head back in. "And let's bring some boxes for to-go plates."

"OUT!"

She quickly returned to her bedroom and slid back into bed. "Okay, Avoca and Parsley are DTF, Down To Fight. Can we leave tomorrow? You don't have anything to do, right?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Blizzar will find, should he check the GP Starmap, that there is mention of the planet being not all that far from Earth. In looking further however, he'd find that whatever information had been gathered on the planet itself was well-above his own clearance ... though the signature seemed to simply be a drawing crude drawing of a pumpkin in orange crayon.

He would have to secure other means of finding the location, clearly ...
    "A...pumpkin..." Blizzar noted, contemplating crumpling up his star map and throwing it into the sun. No...there must be some other way to find this mysterious world....but where to start...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "If there is any chance of saving your sister, she needs serious medical help.' Cyanna turned to Althena, "How good are your healing skills? Can you regenerate missing brain matter? If not, there are others that might be able to."

"Praxat, you and I can go in search of your grandmother and this Killrog character. Althena needs to stay here and try to heal Fraxat as best she can."
    " I can heal minor to mortal wounds. However, I'm afraid I might not be able to fix the missing brain matter. I will do what I can, " Althena said.

Althena starts healing Fraxat the best of her capability. " Cyanna, I think I know someone who can regenerate missing brain matter. Well, I don't technically know him, but I met him once. He's a GP Officer by the name of Earl," Praxat said.

" He might be able to do it if, Althena can't, The most likely place Killrog would be is the throne room. So we should head there first," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Zaofan watched Sasheem envelop himself with that technique that had become quite an annoying signature of his of late - especially when the labours of his ovens needed time to rest. Noone would see him coming, and noone could see where he was going.

"...aaand he's gone." Cradling his staff up over his shoulders in the crooks of his elbows, Zaofan allowed himself, at last, to breathe.

Standing near Master Balon, he scanned his view from the waters behind him to the heart of this place. He'd never set foot on a place like this, and yet there was something quite familiar in the island air roused the heart of his wanderlust. What secrets lie over these hills, across the horizon? He'd left home long ago to chase it. He wanted to know it all! Countless stones unturned and broad fronds folded back, there seemed to be an endless score of things to see, and capricious as he'd been in his youth, he only travelled all the swifter, never settling down for an instant, or else he might miss out, lose part of the experience.

All because he never asked the yearning question that lay deep within his heart.

"Sensei, what it is we should be looking for?"
    “I don’t know. Anything that seems.....different. Out of the ordinary.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"I know that well, the halves of a whole." Inanna said with a chuckle. "Ahura Mazda. Angra Mainyu ... two sisters, one soul; twisted 'round til their true selves were inverted~." She paused, and though her expression shifted to something less playful, the playfulness in her voice remained.

"Are you the Usurper then ? ... Or merely waiting for your rightful rule ?" Though the riddles and queries were only part of the dance, as it seemed the use of its true name struck a chord.

Delightful~

"I've been doing a bit of digging on things that have piqued my interest. You're near the top." Inanna said with a smile. "Old places ... forgotten places. It's a wonder what you find. Though there's one thing I've yet to understand ... Eldfen, the Old Wyrm. Your magic." Inanna said, eye twinkling.

"Not from this Universe, Magic. Far too creative for the Gods ... to chaotic. Which compels me to wonder where you picked it up; if you were truly one of the first creations."
    “Not quite. We separate when we need to think with two minds. It’s far easier to find solutions when two think instead of one. Each of us is Eldfen, Alakazah, Grinthorn.”

He looks her up and down.

“As to my magic......much of it is inborn. Before I fully answer, tell me this, Inanna: what do you think magic is?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Not quite. We separate when we need to think with two minds. It’s far easier to find solutions when two think instead of one. Each of us is Eldfen, Alakazah, Grinthorn.”

“As to my magic......much of it is inborn. Before I fully answer, tell me this, Inanna: what do you think magic is?”
    Inanna blinked.

"What a curious question ..." and one she'd been asking herself since that creature had tried to 'reclaim' Erosa's soul. Which was perhaps all she could say it was, at the moment. "All the same ... I used to think it was a tool by which one could influence reality," she offered with a shrug.

"Now ? I think there's something fundamentally wrong with it, magic. Not simply a tool, but something far less ... benign." Inanna shrugged again.

"Or are you asking after something less ... existentially dreadful~ ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inanna blinked.

"What a curious question ..." and one she'd been asking herself since that creature had tried to 'reclaim' Erosa's soul. Which was perhaps all she could say it was, at the moment. "All the same ... I used to think it was a tool by which one could influence reality," she offered with a shrug.

"Now ? I think there's something fundamentally wrong with it, magic. Not simply a tool, but something far less ... benign." Inanna shrugged again.

“Interesting. Most magic is benign in nature. Some forms or more corruptive, but in general it’s not a harmful or hateful energy. The magician that I....flexed on? I think that’s how you say it. The magician I flexed on that then caused your nose to bleed, he’s from the fallen city of Avalon. A rusty relic of magic that once was humanities future until Rex destroyed it. Seems they want to be in charge again: I told them no.”

He claps his hands and chairs appear. He gestures and takes one himself.

“But back to real magic, the first magic, that which made me and all the other wishing dragons: it’s the perfect balance of Creation and Destruction. A harmony never reached by anything else ever, that is what made me. It makes sense: Magic is about creating what one wants the most, or destroying obstacles in front of you. It can conjure, transmute, obliterate, heal, harm, grow, shrink, and everything in between and each of those things is just one aspect or action of Creation or Destruction.”

He leans back.

“Now, obviously most magic nowadays contains not one lick of the presence of either of those energies, and that’s because outside of Wishing Dragons, ‘magic’ gets tainted as soon as it contacts other energies, other presences. Magic gets twisted by death, love, the environment, and even the emotions of those that use it. War, peace, good intent, evil intent, it all warps magic and after millions of years ‘magic’ can no longer be what it originally was. What you and every other magician felt was what True, pure, magic feels like. Unbridled. Raw. Potent.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"A wife ? How lovely." Inanna said, after a moment.

Though knowing that this was all that was left of the First Race, and with Auroc being the ... leech he seemed to be; there were several ways to proceed from here but only one that seemed safest.

"I suppose I won't trouble you with notions of returning to the Universe proper ... and I wouldn't interfere with Durga and his happiness," Kami knows how long she'd chased after her own. "I'd simply ask for any information you could offer that might prove helpful in dealing with Auroc, the extant First Race facilities -- and monstrosities -- and perhaps any information on where Banespell is hiding ... rather powerful his Death Magic."
    “I am willing to help. Peace we may seek, but I would hate to see the universe fall into oblivion after working to not let that happen. If you ever have need of me, I can be reached.”

He hands her a small black stone.

“A summoning oath stone. Banespell made them for us all. Break it, and I shall be summoned to your aid. As to Druga.......if you wo t meet him in person, I can show you a way to connect via dreams if you wish, a trait we First Race have. If only so he can know you are well and hale. He spoke of you often when we were together.”

“As for Auroc, be careful. Unlike modern majin he cannot transmute, however he is just as hard to kill and crafty to boot. And he is a master of binding Magic’s.”

“Banespell, If still alive, would be on the Darkling homeworld. As to other facilities....only one other. The Workshop. If that still exists.....then most likely Auroc may have access to it if he was able to be there at the Forge.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

( Place holds snd Cleric I wish to discuss things for this meta plot in pm. Thinking of riding back in, with a twist.)

- Life, got so bored. The wife, the kids. He took off on his own to find adventure, his excuse anyway as he was soaring in space. Not needing to breath apparently anymore as he rode via standing on the back of some great metallic golem hawk. His green outfit back, eyes glee blue now as he had curious new pieces of jewelry.

The truth? As the inter net trolls would say, he was xp farming the whole time when not a family man. Fighting countless monsters, of all sizes and danger levels. He, was capable of making a semi plane for to work out. He did all of this with his limiters, the logic with full extrusion while holding back magnified the training results as he was lifted, muscles akin to Armstrong or Escalnor at this point.

What was his purpose? His reason to exist? One must find out, merely by asking him. Once he is planet side anyway or if in a ship and he sees you, more than capable of a telepathic char. He had it all, but kept honing himself and mastered that damn book, among other things.

Outer space drifter now, for sake of the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I..." Cyanna bit her lower lip, then speaking quietly, "was told that Charco, maybe, possibly, hasn't been fully assimilated...?" Her eyes were slightly shiny from moisture as she spoke.
    "Fully taking back control from Rex once he has assimilated someone is unheard of..." Zippa grimly replied, "For the sake of their soul and for everyone else, destroying the body is the only thing we can do," Her tone softened, saddened as she relived having to kill Charco's grandfather after he had suffered the same fate.

"That stubborn child inherited the worst aspects of his grandfather and I... still..." Glancing back to the hut, both could hear a hoarse, weakened scream from within.

"... perhaps the old goat isn't entirely delusional. If you wish, you may come in, however..."

Although Cyanna might have been more powerful than Zippa at this point the singular gaze of the one once known as Tyranno-sensei could still make even Charco's blood run cold as it fell upon the Chromakian, "Do not mention what has happened to Charco to Hibachi, or I will rend that pretty lower jaw of yours off from your skull."

Hm ... well that just won't do, thought a figure who sensed that the missive had been received by someone unintended. Though all the same really ... desperate times called for desperate measures. Unsure if this soul was familiar with the heroes however; a nudge would be needed. So with another spell whispered on blustery winds the Stalwart Courier offered the bandaged sewer dweller a subtle nudge ...

"HEY YOU, YEA YOU WITH THE LETTER." a voice boomed. "HEAD TO DUSK CITY."
    Raising their head, the figure looked to the heavens as if God himself had spoken to them. In response, the bandaged interloper gave out a wheezing exhalation of breath before trudging through the stormwaters. Whether or not the being could fly, they seemed content in walking some ways towards Dusk City and whatever lied beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "The Eld.....I, never got to see one beyond the murals, but the stories about them are as horrible as they come. Lizards, both small and giant, razer sharp teeth, hides like iron. They hunted humans relentlessly.....there wasn't even a reason for it, they just singled us out in particular for some reason." Morgan looked up the mural of the knights. "Avalon exists because we had nowhere else to go....Humans came to the north because it was the only place we thought they wouldn't chase us too, and we lived in the worst conditions imaginably for years before our Queen came."

Morgan turned and pointed to the next mural down the line.

This one depicted many of the knights from the prior mural, locked in combat with what appeared to be a massive beast swarming on all sides by smaller lizards.

".........Our Queen prepared us for the eventuality that the Eld would finally come looking for us......and when they did come.....well...." Morgan motioned to the mural. "They came in a horde that shook the earth...Vortigern's Horde."

The word seemed to react with the mural, giving off an overwhelmingly oppressive feeling form the massive dragon that stood as its centerpiece. "Vortigern was known as the Lord of the North. An Eld of sure brutal savagery that his brethren cowered in his wake. When he crashed against the gates of Amdapor.....it was the first trail Avalon had to endure since its birth. But we were armed with weapons and magic now.....and the Lords were able to subdue Vortigern and banish his kin to the remote borders of Avalon."

Upon closer examination, Ochazuke can make out the sigil beneath the scratches as well as the others.

No proper meaning can be obtained by each sigil, but perhaps he could glean some information from Cthylla at a later time with them.

It was at this point, the hairs on the back of Ochazukes neck stood up.

Behind him, some distance out into the snowy darkness, a figure turns and vanishes with a stilted, inhuman lurch.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "This Vortigern..." Zaofan paused, looking to the mural for a moment as if his words would've done something as well, before continuing, "sounds like he was quite a pestilence on the land. It's fortunate that the Queen happened to discover the tenants of Magic."

The carved shapes, a mural of violence rent from tooth and claw, arms and armour, seemed uncannily lifelike - especially keen for an aesthetic hundreds of thousands of years old.

"Yours is not the only world to contend with the threat of a Saurian menace." Ochazuke had hardly uttered a word since he'd torn Morgan's hamlet asunder. Even now, his objective remained on the looming peak that gradually came nearer. His eyes narrowed at the sight of that Elder Dragon King standing astride the cold, stony field of scaled figures rendered in permanent frost.

Ochazuke rest his right hand on the monument, and aided by Arthur's Ring began to survey the deeper matter within the rock, pressing his sensory field into the very environs that bore the inscriptions. The language of magic is more than sigils and brands, its syntax speaks a language meant to wake something within this world. From Etrina's spellcraft, to the metalwork of the First Race welded with Marduk's, and indeed the Guardians' own signature, while the exact methods eluded him, by now his extensive examinations had allowed him to understand its logic.

After a lengthy examination, he suddenly drew his left hand up. The others might have thought it some indication that he'd found something poignant as he stretched out a thumb.

Till the burning red of a Dodonpa struck out behind him, intent on lethally taking their party's stalker.
    Scanning the depictions on the monuments, the images were safely stored in her databases and copies were sent to the Tavern Star for further security. While Shōchū had little knowledge of magic outside of what the Last Call's databases provided her, she would find herself an unexpected expert at these Dragons. Her brows furrowed as her organic mind recalled memories she had long sought to repress, her hands clenched tightly around her staff. She saw flashes of carnage from the eyes of a great beast as he attacked the kingdom of the frozen north. Despite her body's temperature being regulated, her blood chilled like the frozen air around them. While she might have been purged of Rex's influence now, the time she had spent as his possessed "champion" still remained.

She was unfamiliar with the name Vortigern, and it was doubtful Rex would have called himself anything other. Was there a second, terrible beast? The machine mutant was uncertain, and her thoughts scattered as Ochazuke fired upon a being lurking in range.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Inanna blinked.

“Interesting. Most magic is benign in nature. Some forms or more corruptive, but in general it’s not a harmful or hateful energy. The magician that I....flexed on? I think that’s how you say it. The magician I flexed on that then caused your nose to bleed, he’s from the fallen city of Avalon. A rusty relic of magic that once was humanities future until Rex destroyed it. Seems they want to be in charge again: I told them no.”

“But back to real magic, the first magic, that which made me and all the other wishing dragons: it’s the perfect balance of Creation and Destruction. A harmony never reached by anything else ever, that is what made me. It makes sense: Magic is about creating what one wants the most, or destroying obstacles in front of you. It can conjure, transmute, obliterate, heal, harm, grow, shrink, and everything in between and each of those things is just one aspect or action of Creation or Destruction.”

He leans back.

“Now, obviously most magic nowadays contains not one lick of the presence of either of those energies, and that’s because outside of Wishing Dragons, ‘magic’ gets tainted as soon as it contacts other energies, other presences. Magic gets twisted by death, love, the environment, and even the emotions of those that use it. War, peace, good intent, evil intent, it all warps magic and after millions of years ‘magic’ can no longer be what it originally was. What you and every other magician felt was what True, pure, magic feels like. Unbridled. Raw. Potent.”
    Sarada was spending the entire time Alagrinfen and Inanna were babbling about pointless hit having wartime flashbacks to when Parsley forced her to endure hours of lessons on magecraft so she could learn how to use her anti-magic properly. The majority of the time, it put her to sleep. The rest of the time, she was bored out of her mind, because half the time, there were no explosions and no actually fun stuff. It was just Parsley droning on and on about magic theory this, origins of magic that.

She was practically asleep standing up when she shook herself awake. "This **** is boring," she declared. "If you two nerds aren't going to talk about anything interesting, I'm out of here." Seemed that Grinthorn wasn't going to divulge his secrets and Inanna was probably more than happy to babble about ஜ۩۞۩ஜ t𝓇Ǘέ мⓐG丨¢ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ, so Sarada was just going to leave.

She turned to Inanna. "If he says anything important, tell me when we get home. Gotta talk to Jinzi about something. Later." She spared Grinkazah a snide glance before taking off toward Capsule Corp.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-31-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He leans back.

"It may have been, once." Inanna agreed, "and yet I watched what can I can only surmise is a Void Creature, attempt to drag the soul of a familiar 'home'. Some years ago ... and Magic, while useful, has never quite tasted the same."

When Eldfen summoned a chair and bade her sit then, she did with a nod of thanks ... and was glad for it when he explained the truth of what he was -- or offered at least, a version of it -- and by extension what magic was.

Pure. Balanced ... neutral. Though that raised several questions.

"So, suffice to say that 'mortal' magic, let's call it ... is no more than the dregs of a long forgotten 'truth' ? How tantalizing." The woman paused to consider something before saying. "The ease of its corruption would make sense then. No more than vestigial energies to be used and abused by the hand that holds it ... it would explain the connection it shares with the Void ? No ..." too many questions left unanswered.

More importantly anyway, was the tidbit at the end.

"You say though, it's unbridled, raw, potent; and never before seen by anything short of a Wishing Dragon ... but presuming one came into possession of both Hakai, and Creation ... is it attainable by someone else ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was spending the entire time Alagrinfen and Inanna were babbling about pointless hit having wartime flashbacks to when Parsley forced her to endure hours of lessons on magecraft so she could learn how to use her anti-magic properly. The majority of the time, it put her to sleep. The rest of the time, she was bored out of her mind, because half the time, there were no explosions and no actually fun stuff. It was just Parsley droning on and on about magic theory this, origins of magic that.

She was practically asleep standing up when she shook herself awake. "This **** is boring," she declared. "If you two nerds aren't going to talk about anything interesting, I'm out of here." Seemed that Grinthorn wasn't going to divulge his secrets and Inanna was probably more than happy to babble about ஜ۩۞۩ஜ t𝓇Ǘέ мⓐG丨¢ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ, so Sarada was just going to leave.

She turned to Inanna. "If he says anything important, tell me when we get home. Gotta talk to Jinzi about something. Later." She spared Grinkazah a snide glance before taking off toward Capsule Corp.
    "I mean this is ... phenomenally important and it'll cha-" Inanna said before stopping herself.

She understood after all, just how much her Little Love loathed magic theory, and attempting to express the importance of something she couldn't stand would just be cruel. So Inanna simply nodded and offered a wave goodbye. "I'll be sure to get you up to speed after I've finished." Explosions would help. "See you soon~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Fully taking back control from Rex once he has assimilated someone is unheard of..." Zippa grimly replied, "For the sake of their soul and for everyone else, destroying the body is the only thing we can do," Her tone softened, saddened as she relived having to kill Charco's grandfather after he had suffered the same fate.

"That stubborn child inherited the worst aspects of his grandfather and I... still..." Glancing back to the hut, both could hear a hoarse, weakened scream from within.

"... perhaps the old goat isn't entirely delusional. If you wish, you may come in, however..."

Although Cyanna might have been more powerful than Zippa at this point the singular gaze of the one once known as Tyranno-sensei could still make even Charco's blood run cold as it fell upon the Chromakian, "Do not mention what has happened to Charco to Hibachi, or I will rend that pretty lower jaw of yours off from your skull."
    "Understood." As Cyanna said it softly, her heart sank, though she tried not to show it. Deep down inside she did blame herself, her naivete and irrational optimism that everything would always work out. That she and Charco could face anything together and win, that her dream of spending her life with him would be realized so easily.

Though the war on Chroma had destroyed many lives, personal loss was still an alien concept to her. For most of her life, her only family was Meagan, and even that was an artificial construct created by a needy child wishing for an older sibling. She had never before lost anyone she loved, never having had a real family of her own.

That Charco did have a family, a real flesh and blood family, made her feelings seem insignificant. Yet the pain was still there. All these thoughts raced through her mind in the briefest of moments as she looked up at his Grandmother.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.