Page 240 of 294 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Karine & Totoma

The last waystation - GP sanctioned or otherwise - had long since fallen behind them, and by this point they were in the frontier of uncharted space. The hum of the spacecraft engines seemed to settle things into a smooth rhythm, and the idle trill of console computations measured the distant sights of a quieter, more remote cosmos. As the stars sped past them, the only company they had this far from home was the radar.

That is, naturally, besides one another.

How many days had it been? Somehow it seemed the stars grew fewer as they sunk into the inky void.

By all accounts Nevanlinna's coordinates were accurate as the readings on the ship. For a populated star system, that should have been impossible.

Find me.
    When you traveled into space for long periods of time, there was a certain amount of restlessness that occurred given a long enough period. Karine had experienced this multiple times on her journey when doing space travel but she never got used to the inclosed boredom that came with it. It wasn't to say Totoma wasn't someone she enjoyed her time with of course, but being in closed spaces with limited things to do did give one a certain bit of stir craziness. After what seemed like the third, or fourth day as she was having a hard time keeping track she lost a sense of time of how long it had been.

At least I have the tea to calm my nerves..

It was a bit too strong for her taste, she noted as she put her cup down maybe next time-

There it was again. Her father's voice, clear and seemingly closer then before. She couldn't just dismiss it as nothing considering where they where. She left after that to get Totoma, knocking on the door to their room. "Totoma? Are you awake? I think we arrived where we needed to be."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Okay...think I get how this works now..." Sasheem mused aloud. "Problem is, it has symbols from all Ten Schools and we don't know **** about two of 'em."
    “Maybe. I....I....can perhaps mimic the Lion. I was around Battersea enough.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    God-Ki? That was the first she had ever heard of that. It sounded... amazing. And Inanna had this?

Sarada glanced back at her love, then again when Grinthorn gestured to her. "First off, Inanna won't be the only one with this so-called God-Ki." She smirked and jabbed a thumb at herself. "I plan on harnessing this power for myself and transcending what it means to be a Saiyan. I'll be a... a Saiyan God!" Yeah, Saiyan God sounded good. Ruling the Saiyan Empire as a God-Queen with the power to rebuff any threat. No one would threaten her people's safety and peace again.

But, that could come when she got home.

"But, enough of that. Don't know why you're gesturing at Inanna. Surely you don't think you can convince her to release you without me finding out and slapping some sense into her? Because you'd be mistaken. My Queen is a curious little minx, but my pimp hand is strong and always ready to smack a bitch back into reality." She pointed a stern finger at him. "And that reality is that you'll die long before you even sniff freedom, you got that!"
    “You do realize I’m immortal so long as I’m bound, right?”

He shakes his head at her.

“Lady Inanna is a rare being. Exceedingly rare. To harness God-ki as a mortal......‘‘tis quite a feat. Not on you can ever achieve, your highness. But then again most mortals can’t, so don’t take too much offense.”

He stands, then bows slightly to Inanna before slowly taking her hand and kissing it gentlemanly.

“Our conversation has been quite enjoyable, Lady Inanna. I would prolong it but my duties call, and I can’t bi-locate for too terribly long without my other self feeling....show offey, as demonstrated already. See yourself and your wife out, please, though you are always welcome to visit me here. Besides Jinzi, Blizzar, and a few others, most of my conversations with people are....dull and dutiful. I would love to entertain you again.”

He smirks at Sarada, smile growing just a bit too wide and then with a blink of an eye, he’s gone.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I was intrigued because it’s not.....something most mortals acquire. I can think of only a handful, and to sense it again is.....startling. And perhaps a good sign. You are defiantly more my peer now then before.”

He pauses before answering the first question.

“What would I do? Probably gloat, first. Find my dragonballs to access my full power. After that.....pay a visit to some old friends and settle a few debts. Afterwards......it depends. I won’t destroy Earth if that’s your concern. As I’ve said I’m rather fond of this place. Beyond that it depends on circumstance and situation. Freed I would be able to do all sorts of things. Even break the seal on the universes.”

He shrugs.

“Understand that I’m not evil. I’m not particularly noble or good either. I’ve done what some would call evil. I’ve killed innocents. I’ve oppressed and subjugated this planet after a fashion. Or at least I had until recently. I’ve enforced my will, spied, lied, intimidated and broken those who oppose me. Once, long ago, I even tried to take the universe over. I was opposed and stopped. I’ve also done good. I’ve stopped crime, homelessness, hunger. I’ve brokered a peace and allies that will protect my mudball here. I’ve saved lives and brought justice to those who needed it.”

He chuckles.

“Maybe I’ll pay Father and the Grand Priest a visit. Show them I’m free. Won’t that surprise them?”
    It made a very good argument in favor of unsealing him, Eldfen's answers. Worryingly so, though she couldn't deny it.

"In many ways, you're no better than the one's we've killed," Inanna agreed. "And it's at least nice to know you'd do far less harm than them besides ..." she added before trailing off. "Though I care little for sparing the Earth, or unsealing the Universe. At least not until I've cleaned house. Something that's been in dire need of doing since that damnable War."

"As for this Grand Priest and your Father ? I assume this is the 'child idiot god' Asha'rah seemed to blame for her ... antics." Inanna continued.

"I'd be interested to meet him miself, if only to form my own opinions." Before she could decide one way or another whether to release him however, Sarada arrived in a flare of energy and expressed how that would never happen.

To which Inanna sighed fondly. "Such a lovable goof you are."

He quirks his head to the side.

“Such conviction. Yet surprising things happen all the time. You yourself have traversed universes and dimensions and timelines, your Majesty. More unbelievable things have happened a dozen times over then me being freed. Especially with...so many interested and interesting parties around.”

He gestures at Inanna.

“God-Ki. What a wonder to sense again. A rarer possibility then my being released, yet here it sits before us. Don’t say never, your Highness. The universe is full of potential and possibilities, and I am...very patient after the last time.”
    God-Ki? That was the first she had ever heard of that. It sounded... amazing. And Inanna had this?

Sarada glanced back at her love, then again when Grinthorn gestured to her. "First off, Inanna won't be the only one with this so-called God-Ki." She smirked and jabbed a thumb at herself. "I plan on harnessing this power for myself and transcending what it means to be a Saiyan. I'll be a... a Saiyan God!" Yeah, Saiyan God sounded good. Ruling the Saiyan Empire as a God-Queen with the power to rebuff any threat. No one would threaten her people's safety and peace again.

But, that could come when she got home.

"But, enough of that. Don't know why you're gesturing at Inanna. Surely you don't think you can convince her to release you without me finding out and slapping some sense into her? Because you'd be mistaken. My Queen is a curious little minx, but my pimp hand is strong and always ready to smack a bitch back into reality." She pointed a stern finger at him. "And that reality is that you'll die long before you even sniff freedom, you got that!"

“Lady Inanna is a rare being. Exceedingly rare. To harness God-ki as a mortal......‘‘tis quite a feat. Not on you can ever achieve, your highness. But then again most mortals can’t, so don’t take too much offense.”

He stands, then bows slightly to Inanna before slowly taking her hand and kissing it gentlemanly.

“Our conversation has been quite enjoyable, Lady Inanna. I would prolong it but my duties call, and I can’t bi-locate for too terribly long without my other self feeling....show offey, as demonstrated already. See yourself and your wife out, please, though you are always welcome to visit me here. Besides Jinzi, Blizzar, and a few others, most of my conversations with people are....dull and dutiful. I would love to entertain you again.”

He smirks at Sarada, smile growing just a bit too wide and then with a blink of an eye, he’s gone.
    "Don't waste your time chasing after the Gods," Inanna said with a grunt after the exchange began winding down. "You've seen how they are. Nothing worth aspiring to be, and you've already surpassed them."

With Eldfen heaping praise upon her, before taking his leave with a kiss then, she replied with; "You've been quite the gentleman, and I'd love to stop by again." She bowed. "Besides, I mean to harness Pure Magic, with your help or without~ Already managed it with this God Ki, after all. Until then however, Eldfen."

Now alone with Sarada on the Farm, the golden-eyed woman turned toward her love.

"So, thoughts ?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 11-06-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada was quiet when Grinthorn made his departure and for several moments after. Whatever he said to Inanna after he finished speaking to her was lost on her. Her mind was fixated on what Grinthorn told her.

She had been told she couldn't do this and couldn't do that for practically her entire life. From her parents, to the instructors at the CTC, to her own sister. All she heard was "You can't... you can't... you can't..." When she listened, she didn't. She fell short of even the simplest goal set before her because she let those voices and naysayers get in her head and make her doubt herself. It was only when she decided to listen to herself and only herself that she finally realized that she could do whatever she set her mind to.

Prove the CTC wrong and flawed? Done.

Surpass Parsley? Done.

Become the Queen of the entire Saiyan race? Done.

Become a Super Saiyan? Done.

This was just another goal, and Grinthorn was just another person in a long line of people who had doubted her since the beginning. And he would be just another person she would prove wrong.

Godhood was achievable. How did she know? A literal goddess told her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "But to answer your question, Indar'en was a Saiyan. He was also the God of Destruction."
    Those two were undeniable facts. No one other than Sakin knew Indar'en better than Asha'rah. The man was a mortal just like Sarada, yet not only harnessed God Ki, but also became an actual god. If he could do it, then so could the Saiyan Queen. There was no obstacle standing in her way other than her own doubt and mortality. Those could both be broken and surpassed easily enough, and that was just what she was going to do.

"I see. Then, I'll do what he did and transcend mortality."
    Indar'en managed it. So would she. She would become a Saiyan God, and then use her newfound god power to wipe Eldfen from the face of the universe forever. The very thought brought an excited grin to her face.

"**** him! He doesn't know who the hell he's talking to!" Her fist balled with determination. "I told Asha'rah years ago that I was going to transcend mortality and become a god like Indar'en did eons ago. The only thing that's changed about that is that I now have a means to make that dream a reality." She turned and faced Inanna. "You're going to help me become a Saiyan God, okay? I don't know how it's going to happen, but it will."

Oh. In all the excitement, she nearly forgot what she wanted to tell her. "And I nearly forgot, Jinzi will be able to switch my and Parsley's consciousnesses back into our natural bodies in three or four months. You know what that means, don't you? You can finally be my Queen."

Now then, Saiyan custom required that the two marriage hopefuls duke it out to find if the other was worthy of marrying and make babies with. Sarada already knew Inanna was more than worthy, and vice versa, so she decided to skip the formality and get straight to the point.

Her grin turned perverse as she launched herself toward Inanna. "Now, CLENCH THOSE TEETH!!!"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It made a very good argument in favor of unsealing him, Eldfen's answers. Worryingly so, though she couldn't deny it.

"In many ways, you're no better than the one's we've killed," Inanna agreed. "And it's at least nice to know you'd do far less harm than them besides ..." she added before trailing off. "Though I care little for sparing the Earth, or unsealing the Universe. At least not until I've cleaned house. Something that's been in dire need of doing since that damnable War."

"As for this Grand Priest and your Father ? I assume this is the 'child idiot god' Asha'rah seemed to blame for her ... antics." Inanna continued.

"I'd be interested to meet him miself, if only to form my own opinions." Before she could decide one way or another whether to release him however, Sarada arrived in a flare of energy and expressed how that would never happen.

To which Inanna sighed fondly. "Such a lovable goof you are."

"Don't waste your time chasing after the Gods," Inanna said with a grunt after the exchange began winding down. "You've seen how they are. Nothing worth aspiring to be, and you've already surpassed them."

With Eldfen heaping praise upon her, before taking his leave with a kiss then, she replied with; "You've been quite the gentleman, and I'd love to stop by again." She bowed. "Besides, I mean to harness Pure Magic, with your help or without~ Already managed it with this God Ki, after all. Until then however, Eldfen."

Now alone with Sarada on the Farm, the golden-eyed woman turned toward her love.

"So, thoughts ?"
    A whispered voice on the wind answers just after he leaves, his humor evident, though only she hears it.

‘Lord Zeno....Yes, an idiot. Yet isn’t the facade of a fool the easiest disguise to keep? As to Pure Magic......I would very much like to see that. Until your next visit, Lady Inanna.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A whispered voice on the wind answers just after he leaves, his humor evident, though only she hears it.

‘Lord Zeno....Yes, an idiot. Yet isn’t the facade of a fool the easiest disguise to keep? As to Pure Magic......I would very much like to see that. Until your next visit, Lady Inanna.’
    Durive somehow threw a rock at him.

Default Signs of Life: Poepayne

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna sighed, shuffled her feet and looked up at the older woman, "Well, if there ever is anything I can do for you, Lady Eva should know how to get in touch with me. Thank you all for your hospitality and I'm sorry for your loss. I guess I'd better get going then."
    Zippa watched the girl walk away, a slight nagging feeling tugging at her. She could have been more welcoming; it was fairly the girl and her grandson had had some form of relationship. Still, Zippa had been honest and told her outright what she knew. This was not something easily solved and happy ends don't always happen. The pessimism made her want to smoke despite promising herself not to do so with Hibachi around (Kami knows the girl would try and pick up the habit to "look cool"). As she had told the younger one, there was little the husk of the Dino School could offer her, so Cyanna would have to pick up the pieces in her own way.

"Grandma!" A presence rushed to her side, "Who was she?"

"A friend of your cousin," She replied, bracing her mental fortitude for the upcoming onslaught of questions.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?! How is Charco?! Was she his girlfriend?! Why does he have a girlfriend?! Why wasn't he visiting with her?!"

Zippa could feel a headache coming on as Hibachi's questions were far too overwhelming for one of her advanced age to handle. Once more she reached down to place her hand on her granddaughter's head, although this time she gripped that tiny-little melon skull with clawed fingers not too sharply, but just enough to deliver her message, "Hibachi..." she said, sweetly, "Your cousin is hard at training, something you have been slacking on. Perhaps it is time we upped your exercises?" The little girl let out a little whine, although it was uncertain if it was from the physical pain or the threat of more exercising.

Thinking back to the issue at hand, if what the Cyanna said was true and if the rantings of the dying Poepayne were true, perhaps there was a sliver of hope left in all of this. They would have to put their trust in her grandson and wait to see if he would succeed where countless generations had failed.

----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I was born with a broken body and you are a soul with a broken mind. Maybe together, we just might be able to fix things." Taking his hand into hers, Dieselle gave one last smile before darkness consumed him once more. This time, however, he felt a soft warmth in his chest.
    Dieselle's last words to him rang in his ears as consciousness returned, indicated by the dim glow of the elevator's interior lights. His reflection, cast upon the finely polished metal walls, had changed since last time. Placing his hands against one side, he leaned in to study the new additions to his once featureless form. Short locks of white hair now rested upon what was once his smooth scalp and what were once two unbroken patches of skin over empty sockets were now eyes, blood-red in color. She, or rather, what aspects of her that had been lingering in this world of memories had joined him in his quest to become whole, but, was this entirely his journey now?

No, this was their quest now.

The realization he was no longer alone gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling... No, this warmth wasn't from that. It was getting uncomfortably warm, enough for his formless body to begin to sweat profusely. Looking away from the elevator wall, he was confronted with a light of such intensity that threatened to render his new eyes blind. Covering his face, he waited for what felt like long, antagonizing hours before peeking out through the cracks of his fingers with squinted eyes. Just like when he had met Dieselle, he was no longer in the elevator.

He was in a desert.
    A vast expanse of white crusted salt flats surrounded him, the deep cracks in their surface reminiscent of a massive spider's web in which he was a mere insect trapped in the middle. In the cloudless sea of blue sky above him, the sun hung overhead, bearing down on him like an angry god, following him with each step he took. There was little option he had, for there was no shade to hide away from the scorching Sol. If this was the same as the moonlit park he had been in previously, death would not come to him, but it would not spare him the misery of life. His skin blistered and bubbled as it changed from its pale tone to a furious red.

There was something familiar to this pain and with that thought, he once more had flashes of his skin, charred and blackened.

No, that wasn't it.

This was a much older feeling.

This land, he had been here, long ago, or what had felt like it. His suspicions were confirmed later on as he began to traverse across lands dotted with salt lakes, small pools of pinkish saltine water and soon did he find what he assumed to be his destination: a lone mesa. He continued toward it, one miserable step after another, and soon found himself surrounded by what felt like the remains of an old battlefield. He could see the husks of tanks and armored vehicles trapped in the muck of salt lakes, eroded from sand and wind and encrusted with salt, rust, and dust. He reached out to one vehicle and wiped off the surface, revealing the symbol of the World Government Military.

What had happened here? As soon as the question emerged, he realized, he knew the answer, although it did not come to him. What did come to mind was the recognition of this location.

These were the Stomping Grounds.

"About time you arrived!"

The voice boomed from atop of the mesa and he looked up, squinting in the sunlight as he tried to see who this figure was, one hand resting atop his brow to act as a shade. Eventually giving up, both hands moved to each side of what would have been his mouth, had he had one, "DO I KNOW YOU?!"

"BAH!" The voice spat, "After everything I've done for you, you've forgotten?!"

He could feel the air around him grow heavy and it took him much longer than he'd admit that this was no from the awkward tension. It was only once his back had snapped in half like a twig and his upper body was smashed into the earth that he realized he had been under attack.

The specter of death washed away, leaving him to stumble back into the half-submerged tank he had been studying earlier.

"I will give you the chance to grovel for forgiveness!" The voice shouted, "... But only if you can prove to me you're worth even considering forgiving by reaching the top of this mesa!"

Sarada was quiet when Grinthorn made his departure and for several moments after. Whatever he said to Inanna after he finished speaking to her was lost on her. Her mind was fixated on what Grinthorn told her.

She had been told she couldn't do this and couldn't do that for practically her entire life. From her parents, to the instructors at the CTC, to her own sister. All she heard was "You can't... you can't... you can't..." When she listened, she didn't. She fell short of even the simplest goal set before her because she let those voices and naysayers get in her head and make her doubt herself. It was only when she decided to listen to herself and only herself that she finally realized that she could do whatever she set her mind to.

Prove the CTC wrong and flawed? Done.

Surpass Parsley? Done.

Become the Queen of the entire Saiyan race? Done.

Become a Super Saiyan? Done.

This was just another goal, and Grinthorn was just another person in a long line of people who had doubted her since the beginning. And he would be just another person she would prove wrong.

Godhood was achievable. How did she know? A literal goddess told her.

Those two were undeniable facts. No one other than Sakin knew Indar'en better than Asha'rah. The man was a mortal just like Sarada, yet not only harnessed God Ki, but also became an actual god. If he could do it, then so could the Saiyan Queen. There was no obstacle standing in her way other than her own doubt and mortality. Those could both be broken and surpassed easily enough, and that was just what she was going to do.

Indar'en managed it. So would she. She would become a Saiyan God, and then use her newfound god power to wipe Eldfen from the face of the universe forever. The very thought brought an excited grin to her face.

"**** him! He doesn't know who the hell he's talking to!" Her fist balled with determination. "I told Asha'rah years ago that I was going to transcend mortality and become a god like Indar'en did eons ago. The only thing that's changed about that is that I now have a means to make that dream a reality." She turned and faced Inanna. "You're going to help me become a Saiyan God, okay? I don't know how it's going to happen, but it will."
    Now that Sarada's mind was made up, Inanna understood it was impossible to change it. That said, it was her justification that the golden-eyed woman found wanting, something she expressed as bluntly as her former self might have albiet far more casually, the venom in her voice offset by the smile she sported.

"Indar'en wasn't a God, and he never surpassed mortality. He was a puppet, nothing more. Given his 'godhood' by a proper 'God', only to be lured out and slaughtered like one of Eldfen's sheep when Asha'rah decided she needed that godhood back." Though in saying that, Inanna didn't want her Little Love to misunderstand; so cupping her cheek she tilted Sarada's head and smiled down at her.

"... I'll not see my Saiyan settle for something so lowly as becoming the next Indar'en. You deserve far more than that." What that was, Inanna wasn't sure ... but did that matter ?

"I'll help you become the strongest Saiyan, in this or any Universe."

Oh. In all the excitement, she nearly forgot what she wanted to tell her. "And I nearly forgot, Jinzi will be able to switch my and Parsley's consciousnesses back into our natural bodies in three or four months. You know what that means, don't you? You can finally be my Queen."

Now then, Saiyan custom required that the two marriage hopefuls duke it out to find if the other was worthy of marrying and make babies with. Sarada already knew Inanna was more than worthy, and vice versa, so she decided to skip the formality and get straight to the point.

Her grin turned perverse as she launched herself toward Inanna. "Now, CLENCH THOSE TEETH!!!"

Positioned as she was -- cupping her Little Love's cheek -- the blow caught her full on. Though even with her not expecting it, and being completely caught off guard ... the punch barely managed to do much more than snap her head to the side.

Realizing after a moment that this was a proper Saiyan proposal over a courting ritual, Inanna was unsure how to respond.

"..."

So after turning into the fist so she could look down at Sarada, she simply smiled down at her and responded with a blow of her own.

"I accept."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 11-06-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He shakes his head.

“In for it all, love. I’ll be right beside you.”
    Minutes turned into hours, with he Doctor and Nurse monitoring the final stages of the pregnancy. Meagan, trying totough it out as best as she could, refusing offers of pain medicine, refusing to succumb to the pain until it finally became too much.

The time had come, and with both considerable effort and a scream that would have sent chills down her worst enemies' spines, the child was finally delivered.

As the Nurse tended to Meagan, the Doctor cleaned and examined the child. Then, swaddled in a soft white cloth, the child was presneted to the parents with a smile, "Congratulation, you have a healthy son."

Taking the baby in her arms, Meagan smiles up at Jinzi, "He looks so much like you." Looking down at the tiny infant with a tired smile, "Jaden. Jaden Te'al Pantaloon, welcome to our crazy universe. May you grow strong, healthy, and happy."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He nods.

“Auroc also has a......corrupting....influence. Be wary.”

“I believe traveling to Darkle, their homeworld, can be obtained through their Guardian. I believe the Earth one should be able to contact the one on Darkle. That would be the easiest means.”

“The Workshop.....where the Dreadnaughts, the Behemoths, and the Shattered where created. It was a mobile space station, situated near the Star Forge. If Auroc has obtained it, then it might not be there anymore. I can give you the location where it was, though.”
    "I'll keep that in mind," Inanna said as she filed away the information concerning the Darkling Homeworld and how to contact it away.

More important was the mention of Behemoth, and Shattered ... two creations that she'd seen no sign of in the First Race records; the Dreadnaughts being the only familiar monstrosity.

"The Star Forge ... yes, the location would be appreciated. Especially if Auroc has control of it." she said slowly. "Also. I've used a Dreadnaught heart once or twice in my time ... but the other two. Presumably worse ?"

Arx Inosaan

"So... let's head to that building over there. Seems like a great place to fight some monsters," she suggested.
    And a great place it was.

As the group approaches the Reliquary Gatehouse, they find themselves catching the stares of what appear to be ... living skeletons, while also bearing witness to undead merchants peddling their putrid wares to ghoulish citizens.

The closer they get to Reliquary proper however, the more and more they seem to be getting stared at; a small horde forming around them ... until they arrive at the tollbooth, and find themselves face to face with a rather uninterested and ghostly attendant.

Without even bothering to look up, the Ghost then said.

"Welcome to Reliquary, Bastion of the Lost. State your name, state of undeath, and your reason for seeking entry."

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I'll keep that in mind," Inanna said as she filed away the information concerning the Darkling Homeworld and how to contact it away.

More important was the mention of Behemoth, and Shattered ... two creations that she'd seen no sign of in the First Race records; the Dreadnaughts being the only familiar monstrosity.

"The Star Forge ... yes, the location would be appreciated. Especially if Auroc has control of it." she said slowly. "Also. I've used a Dreadnaught heart once or twice in my time ... but the other two. Presumably worse ?"
    He produces a strange piece of tech that projects a star map, showing her where The Workshop has been.

“Not worse per se, different. Shattered where our golem guards within our buildings. Pocket dimensions held thousands of them within our walls. Behemoths were smaller than Dreadnaughts, but terrifyingly ferocious. Between three to five meters tall normally.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default A Master's Blessing

Once things had settled down on earth for the moment, Aleka had taken a brief detour to Sivade to have a discussion with her teacher Rosdom about some things on her mind including the entire mess she had been going through. She was at least on friendly terms with several of the M Fighters back on earth but she didn't really yet have that close bond she had with them, which was a given taking into consideration the time difference.

For the most part, Rosdom once in his office didn't say much of anything besides a few things to clarify. Even when Aleka finished, he was silent mulling things over in their head before they spoke again. "..That's quite a heavy load you've taken under your ring. I wonder though..."

Aleka waited, but when there was no reply straight away she prodded. "Wonder what?"

"Why, exactly, is earth getting all this attention? You must have thought of this yourself as extremely strange. You could explain away most of things due to that Midori woman you mentioned manipulating things but it would not explain everything." The older man shook his head. "Regardless, your mind seems set on this path so I won't persuade you otherwise . What made you decide to try to open up a Elemental Way school on earth?"

Why indeed.

It was a fair question. Earth was not her home and she didn't have blood ties to the planet but yet there was some things that compelled her. "To be honest? At first a part of it was mostly for training and in exchange I'd help around when I was there. But I spend time there, and I got to know not just some of the M Fighters but the general civilian population. got to see what they were like, some of their dreams and goals. Like a lot of places, its a mixed bag but I've come to the conclusion the general populations are good people. They're just unlucky enough to be stepped on by a myriad of outside and higher powers. Acor's history made me more sympathetic since so many seem to look down on them, but there is so much potential there."

"And by opening this school, you intend to make a somewhat even playing field with the wider universe they're now apart of?" Rosdom clarified after her summary.

"A bit. Don't get me wrong, they have schools there already but I thought maybe I could lend a hand longer term besides just punching things. I also need to..figure a few things out far as techniques. What I have isn't covering it anymore. So that all said, can I have your blessing? For tradition sake?" Aleka didn't honestly need it in reality but she wanted it because the old man before her was the closes thing she had to a father.

It beat the sperm donor she had as a old man by a long shot.

A small smile appeared and they shook their head. "While you don't need it, if you request it then of course you have my blessing. I'll even send you some scrolls; maybe some of them will help you find you your new balance. But no matter what you do, I know you'll do well with whatever path you choose. I'm proud of you daughter."

A tightness constricted in her throat at the last words but she kept herself composed. She didn't think it effect her that much. "Thank you. I should be heading back to earth but if I find anything, I'll talk to you about it."

"Of course. My door is always open. Happy Journeys."

Aleka bid her final goodbye before leaving the office and finding herself outside of the dojo, she glanced back one more time before closing her eyes.

In a flash of fire, where she stood was now empty space.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Speeding things up a bit.

IC

" Killrog, what have you seen my grandmother really do with her ability? Really do, not what you told you she did," Praxat said.

" Well, I seen her do the following with her telekinesis. Control a person's movements. Suspend a person in mid-air, fly, teleport, lifting a building size boulder, Using it to enhance her physical capabilities," Killrog said.

" When I was a child. Araxat used her telekinesis to save me from a Vear. I seen her used her telekinesis to take out the Vear and also seen her use it to mend her wounds," Killrog said.

I don't know how she exactly took out the Vear, but it just suddenly stop as if it had been lobotomized. I seen her use it to perceive her surroundings," Killrog said.

" What do you mean you saw my grandmother use this Telekinesis of hers to perceive her surroundings?" Killrog said.

" Well, you don't know this, but Araxat is blind. She can't physically see. In fact, she doesn't have any eyes, just empty eye sockets. She told me she was born without eyes, So she pretty much uses her telekinesis to see," Killrog said.

" Okay, the whole of my grandmother not having eyes is a little creepy, but we need to get to her Lab," Praxat said.

Killrog points up at the sky." It's not that easy, Araxat's laboratory is never in one spot. It's always constantly moving at a random interval. I also don't Cyanna can just teleport us into Araxat's Lab," Killrog said.

" Araxat is smart, really freaking smart. She probably has a defense system set up just for such an occasion," Killrog said.

"If Cyanna can teleport us in, then we just have to find the location of her lab and sneak in," Praxat said.

" Sneaking into her lab isn't going to be that easy. Not when we're being watched by drones. Look at the writing on the ground," Killrog said.

" How do you two think she knew the exact location you both would be at to send that message? I tell you how surveillance drones. She has eyes in the sky," Killrog said.

" An interconnected network of drones that send out vibrations into the ground that travel to the multiple underground tube systems," Killrog said.

Killrog sends a blast of energy towards the sky. The blast hits an invisible surveillance drone. The drone drops out of the sky and picks it up off the ground. The drone is about the size of a flea.

Small enough to go unnoticed, and it's silent. Killrog turns his right eye nearly 360-degrees to look at Cyanna," Before you ask how I knew that drone was there. My kind the Replitas can detect infrared light," Killrog said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-06-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.