Page 181 of 294 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    So Sir Luop had such a skill. Not having known much about their armor, she hadn't thought to ask... and to be quite fair, the past week had been a most trying affair. Most of her time had been consumed with fighting and recovery. Though, curiously, she had actually enjoyed herself, to an extent. Seri rubbing off on her, most likely.

...ahh, she wondered how that little scamp was doing. Had she reunited with her parents by now? The princess dearly hoped so...

"A powerful spell and the correct materials..." Well then, that sounded like acquiring such things had the potential to allow her to grow in and of itself. "...very well, let us do that. Not only that, I would like to learn such arts myself... and, if I may impose, refine my fighting skills under you, among others. I have made great strides in my capabilities in the past week, but I simply cannot afford to approach this Auroc matter with anything less than my utmost."
    He smiles, looking young and eager.

“Princess, I would be honored to arm and armor you to the best of my abilities.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “She already knows. Morgana placed her in a psychic induced coma to help her deal with it so she wouldn’t physically lash out.”
    Taking her hand down, "I see." Meagan sighed, still struggling with her own emotions, "I am not surprised by her reaction to the news. Charco is like family, to both of us. Cyanna has never had a family, not til we bonded, so she is still inexperienced yet fiercely overprotective once she attaches herself emotionally to someone. She should be told that there is still hope of getting him back."

"Perhaps I should visit, check in on Cyanna and speak with Morgana, that is her name, correct?"
    Last edited by Tami; 09-28-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“I don’t know. Maybe. If he’s stronger than Tiamat he would have to be willing to be separated.”
    "A damning restriction."

There was no way to tell for certain if Tiamat was stronger. Parsley was inclined to think she wasn't. Meaning this was a waste of time. Until she knew more about Rex and the full scope of his abilities, she was at a loss. "Charco's alternate was able to somehow merge with Rex. There's hope for our Charco still. I suppose this will take time."

With that, she started for the Lookout to seek out her sister.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A damning restriction."

There was no way to tell for certain if Tiamat was stronger. Parsley was inclined to think she wasn't. Meaning this was a waste of time. Until she knew more about Rex and the full scope of his abilities, she was at a loss. "Charco's alternate was able to somehow merge with Rex. There's hope for our Charco still. I suppose this will take time."

With that, she started for the Lookout to seek out her sister.
    "At least there is still hope for this time," It seems the difference between doom and hope was timing when it came to this situation. There were those ready to face Rex, unlike those caught off guard by an unknown predator.

However, it still did not ease the burden of this mission from her shoulders, not yet at least.

Default Aiden Quest: Prologue

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine didn't take it to heart, and neither did Totoma. It was just something they heard enough of they took it in stride. "Correct, and my name is Karine Cromwell." In a way it was kind of ironic that the person that carried herself and her manner of speech that was closes to her, was a actual princess. There was a lot of old legacy in the Cromwell name, some seemingly more far fetched then others. Now though? They were just stories, some you told to others in a history lesson and to get better aquainted with their family roots.

Before she could say anything further, a vision blinded her.

The visions. The voice. It jumbled together in a fast but coherent message that for a moment not only took her completely off guard but made her emotions a jumbled mess; a fact Totoma could clearly feel through their link. She was not sure how it happened exactly as there were adept mental users of her kind but they weren't many with the kind of power to extend to that king of reach and skill. That all being said it didn't matter.

Not plausibility.

Not of how they were able to find her in this wretched place.

All that mattered, was for the first time in years, Karine, and seemingly Totoma heard his voice. It took all of her skill and discipline she had earned over these years on her journery along with her pride as Cromwell not to lose her composure in front of others. The old Karine would have. There was nothing wrong with that Karine, but that one had been ill suited for the harsher realities of a warrior, and instead they had been forged into fire of the woman she was at present. She held firm, even if there was a shift.

"..Can you hear us father?"

It was a quite, simple question but also a desperate plea. She didn't expect a response. Part of her thought all the stress was getting to her and it was a figment of a tired mind somehow.
    The longer from the initial drop, the wider and thinner the ripple cast. As the Coldlight continued to press on toward the earth, already the psychic echo began to thin.

It was as if the subtle voice had called out for so long, the echoes projected from that very same effort all but deafened the reception. Twelve years shouting breathlessly into the void, carrying with it only fragmented images. Scattered. Chaotic. Rapidly departing. Yet the strength of the thought burned with a last impression.

The parting of the tropical canopy led to a towering structure. There upon raised steps were figures garbed in a wholly alien manner, the only flesh exposed from the jewels and regalia their swarthy faces and pointed ears.

Seeded world. Raise the devoted. Thresh the worthy.

Pressing against Karine's mind was a sharo scent, nestled within an cold metallic tang that pushed bitterly at the back of her throat. Old blood.

Once run slick, now ingrained into the ground of this world.

A gift for their god.

The etheric presence from which these thoughts were projected were wide ranging. And yet the the trail was nestled deep inside this drowning darkness. A Nosferatu knew it as sustenance; her father had forbidden it.

But here, it was the only respite from the view of that horrid Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "At least there is still hope for this time," It seems the difference between doom and hope was timing when it came to this situation. There were those ready to face Rex, unlike those caught off guard by an unknown predator.

However, it still did not ease the burden of this mission from her shoulders, not yet at least.
    "Who are you?" was all Parsley said to the mystery woman. She knew an alarming amount about Rex; far more than anyone else save for the creature himself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Who are you?" was all Parsley said to the mystery woman. She knew an alarming amount about Rex; far more than anyone else save for the creature himself.
    "I am Shōchū of the Last Call. I come from a timeline where that beast was triumphant," She replied, "However, it appears that the difference between our timelines was timing. By this point in time, he had already conquered Earth."

"I am Shōchū of the Last Call. I come from a timeline where that beast was triumphant," She replied, "However, it appears that the difference between our timelines was timing. By this point in time, he had already conquered Earth."
    Yet another time displaced person found their way to this universe. At least this one had useful and pertinent information to one of their pressing matters. "I see. You came just in time, then," she replied, not caring about the pun. "I'm Parsley. The angry woman from before is my sister, Queen Sarada. A pleasure."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Yet another time displaced person found their way to this universe. At least this one had useful and pertinent information to one of their pressing matters. "I see. You came just in time, then," she replied, not caring about the pun. "I'm Parsley. The angry woman from before is my sister, Queen Sarada. A pleasure."
    "I see..." Shōchū said, contemplating, "In my timeline, you are Queen Parsley. We are... were acquaintances." Honestly, most of her interactions with the Parsley of her timeline was spent using Zaofan as a shield against that gaze of hers.

"I see..." Shōchū said, contemplating, "In my timeline, you are Queen Parsley. We are... were acquaintances." Honestly, most of her interactions with the Parsley of her timeline was spent using Zaofan as a shield against that gaze of hers.
    Her eye twitched.

"...and... Fate was not so fortunate to me in this timeline." At least she was Queen somewhere. "Sounds like I'm dead. Not a surprise." She chuckled darkly. "It's only just now occurred to me that only a week ago, every Parsley was dead." It wasn't funny, but it was.

Her luck was really ****. She was lucky that Sarada had connections, or else she would still be dead.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Her eye twitched.

"...and... Fate was not so fortunate to me in this timeline." At least she was Queen somewhere. "Sounds like I'm dead. Not a surprise." She chuckled darkly. "It's only just now occurred to me that only a week ago, every Parsley was dead." It wasn't funny, but it was.

Her luck was really ****. She was lucky that Sarada had connections, or else she would still be dead.
    "Dead? No, forgive my wording. Last I knew, you still lived and were planning to rebuild the Saiyan empire. Our acquaintanceship, however, often relied on a third party and when he passed..."

She still remembered the look in Parsley's eye after her conversion. She didn't say it, but Shōchū was certain that the Saiyan had been disgusted that she alone had survived once more.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 09-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.

"Dead? No, forgive my wording. Last I knew, you still lived and were planning to rebuild the Saiyan empire. Our acquaintanceship, however, often relied on a third party and when he passed..."

She still remembered the look in Parsley's eye after her conversion. She didn't say it, but Shōchū was certain that the Saiyan had been disgusted that she alone had survived once more.
    Well, there was another Parsley who's luck wasn't completely dried up. Even though it sounded like the Saiyan race of that universe was in shambles, they had a fine Queen with a good head on her shoulders.

However, she still sighed sadly. She had a feeling she knew who this third party was. There were few humans a Parsley could tolerate. "I see. I hope she succeeds, and one day would like to meet her." And compare notes. She decided not to mention the passing of this person. Form there sounds of it, Shōchū was close to him. "How did Rex take over your planet?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat grabs Qaztoh by her right arm." Stop your tantrum at once. I told Eva to take your teleportation watch before I went on the mission," Praxat said.

" You, but why?" Qaztoh said.

" Because I will not allow you to meet up with that man. You have to understand no good will come from having a meeting with that man. He is a dragon whose real named is Alakazah wearing a human disguise," Praxat said.

" Oh come on not this bullshit again! Do you honestly, suspect me to believe that the President of Earth is a damn dragon? The whole idea is absurd, what proof to do you or anyone else here have that Earth's President is a dragon besides their word?" Qaztoh said.

OT: for reference

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4529492

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4555119
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-27-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

He smiles, looking young and eager.

“Princess, I would be honored to arm and armor you to the best of my abilities.”
    "Excellent," said Nevanlinna, she herself excited at the prospect of learning. However, it would have to wait, for...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was a simple exchange of words, in the end, that saw to Ishtar's entrance into Vaikuntha; and what she saw was ... about what she expected at least as far as first impressions were concerned. Though of more interest was how the landscape seemingly stretched well beyond the horizon. Slipping through the portal then, the Oni took her time casually exploring this new locale and taking in the sights -- and making a note that there was life here, if only fauna -- before she eventually found her way to its ruler, Nevanlinna, how had seemingly perched herself upon a stump overlooking a rather serene lake.

"I have found this place secure enough for my purposes ... so I will share my plans. Which are of themselves, rather simple. " The Oni mused, aloud, before diving right into what it was she wished to discuss.

"First. I would see if Enseiji Fruit might flourish within the bounds of this demesne. Second, I would bring others here ... specifically for the purpose of planning out how I -- and hopefully they -- might hunt those individuals of ours who are more dangerous than we are yet strong. Specifically ... Auroc. Alakazah ... Genesis; and for the purpose of sharing information safely between those who are both wise enough to offer their own insight ... and shrewd enough to remain silent on the matter beyond the bounds of this realm." And with the second request, it became more clear, the Oni's need for secrecy. She was after all asking for a secret council of a kind, geared toward the sole purpose of combating extant threats to the Universe as a whole. Something that would certainly run counter to the ideals of any of those deemed worthy of 'hunting'.

"Third ... and this is, admittedly, more of a personal request ..." the Oni said then, slowly. "I would ask permission to bring a planet inside this place." Allowing a moment to pass for Nevanlinna to process this queer request, the Oni then explained why.

"I have heard before you say that this place can aid in recovery. I would see this planet healed -- for it was ruined at my hand -- and it yet has life worth saving. And provided it is possible ... and such is agreeable, there is a fourth request ..."
    ...that was when Ishtar caught up and, without wasting a moment, elaborated upon her plans. Nevanlinna propped herself up with her hand and considered the Oni's words as she spoke. Of the Oni's ideas, the only one Nevanlinna had foreseen had been the second... and even then, only in a very general sense. Regardless, she could not deny that every idea had merit.

"Those fruits, as I recall, are quite potent healing agents, and considering this lot's propensity for getting injured... " She trailed off, chuckling. "Yes, well, it is an excellent idea. By all means, find an acceptable plot of land--all of it is fertile and of the highest quality--and plant to your hearts' content. Mayhap, if we can acquire some of those 'senzu beans' I've heard about, we could also plant them."

"As for this... war council, I can see the value in that as well, in addition to how necessary privacy would be for such things," said Nevanlinna. "I have begun work on creating... keys for you all, which, when combined with my permission, will allow entry into Vaikuntha wherever you may be."

The third request was unexpected and quite the... doozy, as earthlings would put it. She wanted to bring a planet in here? The reasoning was sound--an attempt to make amends for previous wrongs--but Nevanlinna wasn't entirely sure Vaikuntha was that large.

...in point of fact, she wasn't actually sure of how expansive it was at all, other than 'very'. Though...

Closing her eyes, she reached out with her senses. And out... and out and out, her awareness expanding further and further until, with surprising ease, it filled the whole of her demesne. The feeling was... odd. Not like the normal sensing of ki, but rather like she had become one, on some level, with it... every nook and cranny, every animal, every plant, every blade of grass... right down to the very fundamental particles... she was aware of all of it.

To such an extent that a curious feeling of... almost losing sight of herself washed over Nevanlinna, startling her and snapping her back to her normal consciousness. Her breath having quickened, she covered her mouth with her hand and took a moment to steady herself, physically and mentally. After a moment, her composure returned and she turned her Amethyst gaze at the oni.

"...yes, it's... possible. Very possible," she said. "Very well, I shall grant this third request as well... in a way it feels right, to... preserve something on the verge of being lost in this way. Curious. Now, you mentioned a fourth request..."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Sarada wasn't in a good place anymore. She knew that Eva was right, but it didn't feel right. Holding back her anger felt like when she was injected with that poison. It made her feel sick to her stomach. It didn't feel right.

Saiyans exorcised their anger through combat. They exorcised everything through combat. Fighting Rex would have been her way of getting his measure. If he died, so be it. It wasn't like she and Charco didn't attempt to kill each other every time they fought. They certainly didn't hold back.

She sighed and sat down on an empty bed. Her arms wrapped around her legs as she pushed her knees up to her chest. I can't avenge Charco. Fine. But every person killed by Rex isn't on me. It's on them.

The people of this planet were in danger, and Jack and Nunlil weren't going to be enough to stop him from hurting people. And she didn't want either of them putting themselves in danger. That was why they should have simply nipped this in the bud and killed Rex right now. Charco could be brought back to life with the dragonballs, freed from Rex's influence. It shouldn't have been too hard for Tiamat to work that out.

Yeah, that was a great idea. Just let the eternal dragon take care of it. It was the only the solution to this mess that Cyanna was duped into allowing. To think she tried to offer up the child she would have had with Charco. What a crock.

There was a knock on the door jamb. Sarada looked up and saw Parsley standing in the doorway. "What?"

"I came to make sure you had calmed down." She stepped inside and placed a plate of food beside her. "I see your tantrum has ended."

"It wasn't a tantrum," she seethed through gritted teeth. "You and Ishtar may not care about Charco, but I do! I... I did..."

Parsley sighed and sat down. "I know."

For a long time, neither sister said a word. Parsley seemed content to occasionally glance over to see Sarada eating the food of Zaofan's that she picked for her.

For once, Sarada didn't have an appetite.

Well, she did, but she didn't have the desire to eat anything. She felt too sick to her stomach. She felt useless and helpless, and that she let her friend down. She knew about his condition and what he was struggling with, but she had no way to help him. Soon after, she had no chance. "I just feel like I let him down."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. We were robbed of any chance to help." She sighed heavily. "At this point, all we can do is act in a way that maximizes our chances of seeing him again. Killing Rex out of a misplaced desire for revenge, I believe, may not be the best choice. If it comes to that, so be it. But, Eva was right."

Sarada felt her teeth beginning to grind together.

Noticing this, Parsley pressed her lips into a thin line. "Perhaps recusing yourself is the best option for you."

She looked at her and frowned.

"Go home. Sleep in your own bed tonight. Maybe thinking about this in a neutral setting will help you think more clearly."

She had to admit, the prospect of sleeping in her own bed, in her own home, was more than appealing. That and finally seeing Maiz again after what seemed like an eternity. She needed her council now more than ever. Plus, she had a lot of work to do. "You're right." She stood and picked up the now empty plate. "I'll say goodbye to everyone. Wait, what about you?"

"I'll return tonight. I have to look at that shrine with Blizzar."

"Okay." She gave her a gracious nod, then turned to return outside.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!