Page 209 of 294 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4408

Default Disciples of the Dragon IV: The Feathers of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    In the middle of the island sits a single structure, a small temple.

Within, a sputtering life sign that seems to burn and flicker under his senses.
    The lineage had diminished through the ages, but like Tao'ro and Mara before them, embers remained burning for those with the gumption to find them.

"Over there. Do you see it, that temple?" It would be difficult to miss, certainly. Civilization had thinned out for miles around, and there was very little sign of life where the pebble beach clattered upon the waves.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Zaofan said, "Lead the way, Balon-Sensei!"

And so there it was. The trial to come would doubtless prove difficult, but they had come this far to restore what had been lost. Forging ahead, Ochazuke followed the trail of energy resonating from the Earth.

Default Revival of the Guardians

OOC: Seems I missed this, whoops! Sorry!

Her soul’s light sputters, energy waning under his gaze, but his words seem to reach on and steady her as her shaking stops. A smile falls across her still pain laced face.

“I seem....too often in this....state. Poor...Guardian...it seems, but...had to make sure...it worked. But still....I won’t...perish...yet. I can’t...disappoint...you all now......”

She sits up, eyes closed, and nods as Ronin Kai rushes in with a worried face. Her soul’s light is faint in Ochazuke’s gaze, but it is no longer sputtering. Ronin Kai lays his hands on her back and starts muttering words, energy encasing them as he starts trying to stabilize her.

“I want.....to see......this free world.....Ochazuke. And I want.....to see....that smug snakes face....when he loses......”
    When the Ronin had steadied Evangeline, Ochazuke remained by her side. Drawing her up in support, where he laid his hands upon her he realized that she felt quite frail. The godly power of Creation changed hands, and in his palm the vial lay sleeping in its viridian lustre.

To save this world, she had drawn upon the will of ages into herself.Drawn inert, though a formidable force, it in of itself not alive. He'd seem the pronounced difference carried within a kindred spirit. He was moved to silence.

Faced with that impossible task, to protect the Earth she wrest the dragon from his own domain. A restoration of the lost potential of humanity. A chance at deliverance. A cause worth everything.

"Then it would be prudent that you not miss a thing," Ochazuke said as he lift Evangeline towards the long walk back to her chamber, where she could perhaps find some respite from these trying days. "After all, to declare war on a world itself is not merely to make an enemy of its overseer."

The ancient matter looming over their heads he would leave to Arthur. The state of war that appeared to permeate through the universe from its very origins required one who knew the way of the enemy. But now Ochazuke knew that even in this tumultuous age of the First Guardian's successor, despite the violent state of nature, there remained something worth fighting for.

"You've done your task to guard the Earth. Now the onus is on us."

For only one who is able to turn away from the comfortable illusion of another's dream can at last wake to realize their own.

Default Sonata Unbound Part 6 & Liberation of the Kingdom of Swampa Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar sat upon a table in the looko uout, idly tapping on a data pad as he sipped a cup of tea. Glancing up as Praxat and her guest arrived, he sighed, "...Important, is it? Out with it, then."

Washa idly rose his head above the magazine he'd been reading, towards the monitor he had been covering with his feet, currently kicked up on the control panel. He turned to his partner lackadaisically and asked her, "Drya....individual cell speakers have a mute button, right?"

"Yep," Drya nodded, intently more focused on finishing her lunch than the conversation at hand. "Third switch from the right."

"Yep," Washa repeated, idly flicking the switch upward, muting Earl's cell. "Thought so....Don't worry buddy, they'll be back on in an hour," he assured the imprisoned officer. "...Unless we forget."
    Earl just shrugs shoulders and sighs." ( I swear sometimes it's like the Galaxy Police is run by a bunch of incompetent monkeys,) Earl thought.

Back on the Lookout, Nadila stares at Blizzar with an icy stare. (Oh great It's a GP officer, and he's a Frost Demon,) Nadila thought. " Look cop, I'm Nadila Bonnlyde, and I have important info on the Stratovarius Buccaneers' activities," Nadila said.

"Okay, here's the intel. Sonata and his crew have been going around kidnapping children. Most of his crew is composed of children," Nadila said.

" I was a part of his crew, but I quit after realizing he was out of his f@#king mind. He plans to lead the children that are old enough to fight aboard his ship to their deaths against the Black Sheep. Someone has to save those children, including Qaztoh," Nadila said.

As Nadila gives Blizzar intel on the Stratovarius Buccaneers, and how she came to late to stop Sonata from taking Qaztoh. Praxat hears a ring from her cellphone. She takes it out of her pocket and looks at a message on it. Dear Praxy, The Liberation of the Kingdom has started.

Right, now I'm in the middle of fighting Replitas with the others. We have been giving weapons by your grandmother Araxat, and we're are being aided by the Galaxy Police. However, we could use more back up.

Our grandmother has arranged a portal to be open on Earth, so you and Qaztoh can come to Qacriea with allies, signed Craxat. Praxat plays a video on her phone.

That shows Toadians armed with very advanced weaponry going to war against the Replitas. ( Wait, where in the hell did such weaponry come from, and who the hell is The Amphintis Empire? Also, if my grandmother could have opened up a large portal from Earth to Qacriea?) Praxat thought.

(Why didn't she do it before? Something about this doesn't feel right,") Praxat thought.

Praxat closes her cell phone and puts it back in her pocket.

For reference.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4627025

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4627413
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-16-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Prelude to Tundra: Prologue

The planet Vocado was on the horizon. Letchee and Daroga stood on their ship's bridge, watching the planet gradually grow larger as they drew closer. With them were hundreds of Tundra's most disposable minions, ready to unwillingly throw their lives away so Letchee and Daroga could fight without worry. They would not be remembered; in fact, the two major players on the ship didn't even know half of them existed unless they were looking right at them.

A man turned from a scanning machine. “Sir! We've finished scanning the power levels on the planet Vocado.”

Letchee didn't bother turning around. “And?”

“The highest two are both at two million, followed by several in the low hundreds of thousands. The vast majority are in the high tens of thousands.”

“Hmph! Outside of the extraordinary, the Saiyan race isn't anything special,” Letchee chuckled. “I assume, given Blizz's and Cooled's quick deaths, the Saiyan Queen is one of these with two million. Who could the other be, I wonder?”

“There are reports that Parsley is alive,” the minion remarked.

“Hm? She was killed by the Tuffles, was she not?”

“She was,” Daroga intoned. “However, the dragonballs can give life to those that were felled by unnatural causes. Clearly, this is what has happened, if these rumors are true.”

“Hm. Interesting.” A notation to record for later when they returned to Lord Tundra. “At any rate, if this Queen is not a Super Saiyan, then we will dispatch of this planet with ease. Drawing her ire out upon initial contact is our move. Attack, but do not kill any of the apes just yet. Just rough them up enough to coax her into transforming. If such is even possible. If not, then we'll slaughter the lot of them and move on to the next Saiyan world.”

Instructions given, the soldiers move to the hatches to prepare to exit the ship when they breached the atmosphere.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Araxat and Killrog Part 3

In the middle of the night. Vanwizer Sr wakes up to find that his son is missing. Vanwizer Sr looks around for his son, but can't find him anywhere. Araxat then approaches him. " Don't worry, I will find the boy and bring him back," Araxat said.

Araxat uses her telekinesis to float in the air and flies off in search of Killrog. She finds the boy about the snack of a hungry Vear. With quick thinking, Araxat uses her telekinesis to perform surgery on the Vear's brain, lobotomizing it.

Araxat then goes over to Killrog." Killrog, are you alright? " Araxat said. Killrog doesn't say anything and attacks Araxat biting off her right arm at the shoulder.

Araxat uses her telekinesis to mend her wound and then uses it to hold Killrog in place. Later Killrog reverts back to normal and looks at Araxat." Araxat, what happen to your arm?" Killrog said.

" This don't worry about it. It's nothing. I'm just glad you're safe. Now let's get you back home," Araxat said.

Araxat arrives at the Replita tribal home with Killrog. Vanwizer Sr sees his boy and rushes over to hug him. " I glad you're okay. Araxat, thank you for finding my boy," Vanwizer Sr said.

" I love to stay, but I must be going," Araxat said.

" Huh, can't you stay just for a little while longer." Killrog said."

" I'm afraid not I have a date with someone, and I can't afford to be late," Araxat said. ( I can't believe that Toadian Eli Luue asked me on a date. As if I would ever fall in love with a Toadian!) Araxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The lineage had diminished through the ages, but like Tao'ro and Mara before them, embers remained burning for those with the gumption to find them.

"Over there. Do you see it, that temple?" It would be difficult to miss, certainly. Civilization had thinned out for miles around, and there was very little sign of life where the pebble beach clattered upon the waves.

And so there it was. The trial to come would doubtless prove difficult, but they had come this far to restore what had been lost. Forging ahead, Ochazuke followed the trail of energy resonating from the Earth.
    Samson does so will eager steps, and it doesn’t take long to find a ruined temple amidst jungle like features.

A loud cawing can be heard as a beautiful, fiery and massive, bird lands near Samson.

It’s flames wreath around it, it’s wings folding in as it gazes at them.

“Zxu’ro’s true students? Then it is as I feared. I was deceived.”

It bows its head.

“An imposter came here a day ago and claimed the power and birthright here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Seems I missed this, whoops! Sorry!

When the Ronin had steadied Evangeline, Ochazuke remained by her side. Drawing her up in support, where he laid his hands upon her he realized that she felt quite frail. The godly power of Creation changed hands, and in his palm the vial lay sleeping in its viridian lustre.

To save this world, she had drawn upon the will of ages into herself.Drawn inert, though a formidable force, it in of itself not alive. He'd seem the pronounced difference carried within a kindred spirit. He was moved to silence.

Faced with that impossible task, to protect the Earth she wrest the dragon from his own domain. A restoration of the lost potential of humanity. A chance at deliverance. A cause worth everything.

"Then it would be prudent that you not miss a thing," Ochazuke said as he lift Evangeline towards the long walk back to her chamber, where she could perhaps find some respite from these trying days. "After all, to declare war on a world itself is not merely to make an enemy of its overseer."

The ancient matter looming over their heads he would leave to Arthur. The state of war that appeared to permeate through the universe from its very origins required one who knew the way of the enemy. But now Ochazuke knew that even in this tumultuous age of the First Guardian's successor, despite the violent state of nature, there remained something worth fighting for.

"You've done your task to guard the Earth. Now the onus is on us."

For only one who is able to turn away from the comfortable illusion of another's dream can at last wake to realize their own.
    She smiles and nods as Ronin Kai leads her to her chambers.

Arthur meanwhile tells you he can start tracking, but it will take a while because the cosmos is large. But he can do it, it will just take time.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Edited the post.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-16-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Now that the charters are signed and official, alongside other business with the remains, our last piece of business can be held: Dr. Gero’s trial.”

He gestures and the beautiful redhead is led in, ki binders locked in place alongside three other odd devices. She seems.......worried.

“Dr. Gero, you are charged with treason to the World Government, illegal medical practices, illegal research into cloning, illegal research into genetic tampering, illegal surgery in an unwilling patient, and aiding and abetting known criminal organizations. Your plea?”

She stares, silent and unmoving. She glances at Jinzi before answering.

“Guilty.”

The crowd murmurs at this.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meanwhile, a security agent comes up and whispers in Gribthorn’s ear. He frowns, then says something to the man and sends him outside.

Some sort of disturbance outside apparently.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Now that the charters are signed and official, alongside other business with the remains, our last piece of business can be held: Dr. Gero’s trial.”

He gestures and the beautiful redhead is led in, ki binders locked in place alongside three other odd devices. She seems.......worried.

“Dr. Gero, you are charged with treason to the World Government, illegal medical practices, illegal research into cloning, illegal research into genetic tampering, illegal surgery in an unwilling patient, and aiding and abetting known criminal organizations. Your plea?”

She stares, silent and unmoving. She glances at Jinzi before answering.

“Guilty.”

The crowd murmurs at this.
    Sarada was more than surprised that they were having a trial right there and then. She didn't mind, but it was quite strange. Certainly not how they would have handled it back home.

She smirked and folded her arms. Finally getting what you have coming to you, bitch. She remembered how strange Jinzi was acting when he was under her control. She had been sucking the knowledge right out of his head with his knowing about it. All because he not only rejected her project, but rejected her romantic offers.

Haha, bitter bitch. In only a few days, she would be someone else's bitch in prison.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Meanwhile, a security agent comes up and whispers in Gribthorn’s ear. He frowns, then says something to the man and sends him outside.

Some sort of disturbance outside apparently.
    As the trial was happening, someone whispered something into Grinthorn's ear, only to then be sent outside. Sarada raised her eyebrow. "Is there a problem, Mr. President?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-16-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Grinthorn addresses Gero.

“Normally, I’d execute you here and now. However, as a sign of good faith and willingness to work with others and the new rules, we are instead giving you over to the Galaxy Police to be questioned and sentenced. Find mercy with them, and be thankful someone put in a good word for you despite my own....wishes.”

Jinzi keeps staring straight ahead, not bothering to look at Gero, who herself seems more than surprised at this turn of events.

Grinthorn nods to Blizzar.

“The prisoner is now yours.” He says, gesturing to Gero.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As the trial was happening, someone whispered something into Grinthorn's ear, only to then be sent outside. Sarada raised her eyebrow. "Is there a problem, Mr. President?"
    Grinthorn pauses, golden eyes narrowing a bit as he stares past Sarada, as if looking at something.

“Just a...minor disturbance in Capital City. Protestors as I’ve been told.”

He gestures and the camera crews and others all turn off their equipment and leave. Only Grinthorn and the various M Fighters and allies remain.

“I believe our business is concluded and everything has worked out as planned, yes? We are all part of a larger family now.”

He looks at Meagan, at the Toadians, and everyone else.

“Some more allies to perhaps add at a later date.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Samson does so will eager steps, and it doesn’t take long to find a ruined temple amidst jungle like features.

A loud cawing can be heard as a beautiful, fiery and massive, bird lands near Samson.

It’s flames wreath around it, it’s wings folding in as it gazes at them.

“Zxu’ro’s true students? Then it is as I feared. I was deceived.”

It bows its head.

“An imposter came here a day ago and claimed the power and birthright here.”
    Sasheem stared up at the massive creature. Phoenix never did make much sense to him. If a bird that big was constantly on fire, it should be nice and crispy not mighty and majestic. Either way, there was no point in dwelling on that now, when the bird had some pertinent...and surprising information.

"Two questions....First off, an imposter?! Who the hell else knows about this?!" The Majin questioned, folding his arms as he glanced up at the Phoenix in dismay. "And secondly, if you knew you were dealing with an imposter, why didn't ya roast 'em?!"
    Last edited by KingofPie; 10-16-2019 at 01:57 PM.