Page 140 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah can't believe that Meagan, any version of Meagan, would allow a child of hers to do what you've done." Dash, a hard cold look in her eyes as she stares at the woman, "An what of your brother?"
    Sarada was still entirely confused by all of this ****. Jinzi's daughter was pretending to be him for cover. Jinzi's daughter was the root cause of all of this time fuckery.

Jinzi's daughter mated with Ishtar. Her Ishtar -- perhaps not hers literally, but every version and variation of the blue-skinned Oni belonged to Sarada.

The Saiyan Queen gritted her teeth, baring her fangs. "She's dead, Dash," she said pointedly. "It doesn't matter what she would or wouldn't allow because a corpse can't stop anyone from doing anything." Her eyes cut to Midori. "Isn't that right, you piece of ****. Jinzi sure as **** figured out a way off that dead planet. What did you do to him?!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She smirks at Ishtar.

“The aim? I suppose it can’t hurt. I’ve won already, so you might as well know: the aim was victory, Ishtar. To win, and long ago I decided I didn’t give a damn about the costs.”

She looks at Parsley and bows slightly, mocking smile on.

“Indeed. My name is Midori Pantaloon. As to pretending to be daddy....misdirection. The oldest trick in the book, Parsley: Make them look over there, so they don’t see over here.”

She says this and waves one hand, drawing the eye as another suddenly slips a data card in between two fingers on the other hand, like a card shark would.

“You thought I was daddy, so you planned for him. Thought what he would do, how he would think. It’s easy to obscure one’s goals when you make your opponents look the other way.”
    "Ero....That nice...." Erosa muttered, having formed back into her prime version. "......funny.....you were looking the other way the entire time with me..................Gao, the front of your face looks way more smash able then the back was anyways."

The Id flexed her now healed hand and pounded it into the palm of her other hand. "So if your gone gloating, I'm gonna break your face...ok?"

She bows.

“A pleasure. What brings you here, child?”
    "I..."

It was then she realized she hadn't made any preparations to verbally explain her mission. So used to simply uploading the data to others, her human brain had difficulty in trying to translate the information into a coherent mass of spoken words. Closing her gaping mouth, the newcomer proceeded to hold her chin as she pondered on this conundrum. Eventually, she seemed to find something satisfactory as she nodded to her, the hand once holding her chin balling into a fist to lightly smack into the palm of her other hand.

"Miss Evangeline, I must begin with something you may not believe, but I hail from the future... or rather the future in an alternate timeline, or at least that is what the Doctor told me." Realize she was rambling, Shōchū got back on track, "But yeah, alternate future. Anyway. I have been sent here to scout for resources, allies, and training for we have run out of all of those in my time."

She smirks at Ishtar.

“The aim? I suppose it can’t hurt. I’ve won already, so you might as well know: the aim was victory, Ishtar. To win, and long ago I decided I didn’t give a damn about the costs.”

“Indeed. My name is Midori Pantaloon. As to pretending to be daddy....misdirection. The oldest trick in the book, Parsley: Make them look over there, so they don’t see over here.”

She says this and waves one hand, drawing the eye as another suddenly slips a data card in between two fingers on the other hand, like a card shark would.

“You thought I was daddy, so you planned for him. Thought what he would do, how he would think. It’s easy to obscure one’s goals when you make your opponents look the other way.”
    Ishtar chuckled.

"You assume I care about the costs, how curious." The golden-eyed Oni continued closing the distance, Katchin blade materializing in her right hand. "I fear you do not know me as well as you think ... I mean to kill you Midori. Same as I would anyone standing where you are now; but I would understand why before then. The truth of things, you see."

She shrugged her shoulders and spread her arms wide.

"So if you would be so kind."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

The Nevadian was less inclined to conversation than he would have been normally.

It was most likely a combination of factors: That Charco had gallantly sacrificed his life in a blaze of meaningless glory, in an attempt to save the universe, only for the 'Doctor' to somehow be not so much as inconvenienced by it.

The fact that apparently in the brief time they had been raiding her base of operations, she had managed to capture Jinzi, holding him captive. It might have also been the fact that they had been so completely outwitted also did no favors to improve the disposition of the Nevadian.

He studied Midori with his eyes, the power of the Shingan in its full radiance as he examined her being. This was truly the doctor. Not Jinzi, driven mad from suffering, but his daughter, as sharp and articulate as they come, and with a look in her eyes that would have made her parentage obvious, even if she had never declared it.

He was not entirely sure what to make of this. It was a relief of sorts, to avoid doing battle with Jinzi in one form or another. But it did rile him up, to spend so much time contemplating the plight of his friend, that to find it was nothing more than an elaborate hoax...

Well, while Midori no doubt had an excellent reason for her methods, Held was not especially prone to hearing them out. Whatever barrier Midori had concocted seemed to almost mock him, repelling Charco and Erosa as if they were not even there. Her gloating at her own handiwork, only served to incense him more.

The tip of his spear began to glow, a orb of energy just above it, as blue tendrils manifested around it, spinning and spiraling around one another, picking up greater and greater speed with every second, as the Nevadian focused his energy.

OOC: Anything Held sees with Shingan?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Shingan cannot pierce the Dreadnaught Heart empowered barrier.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

She smirks at Ishtar.

Aleka regretted she hadn't gotten to know Charco that much besides more on a casual level and now they were gone. Even if she didn't know them beyond a casual level, to be that young and have your life be snuffed out when that spark had so much more to give was always tragic. For those who knew them more intimately she could only imagine what was going through their heads at the moment...

...And then this smug bitch.

Honestly, the only reason she hadn't attacked already was due they might have the information needed on Jinzi, among other things.

It be proper courtesy to hear said information that could help stop more pain before they sent their guest to hell after all.

"..So then, what was your self serving "Master Plan" that would need all this needless cost of life and time in the first place? No matter the cost you said, isn't that right?" The woman seemed to love to monologue if nothing else, she met plenty of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was still entirely confused by all of this ****. Jinzi's daughter was pretending to be him for cover. Jinzi's daughter was the root cause of all of this time fuckery.

Jinzi's daughter mated with Ishtar. Her Ishtar -- perhaps not hers literally, but every version and variation of the blue-skinned Oni belonged to Sarada.

The Saiyan Queen gritted her teeth, baring her fangs. "She's dead, Dash," she said pointedly. "It doesn't matter what she would or wouldn't allow because a corpse can't stop anyone from doing anything." Her eyes cut to Midori. "Isn't that right, you piece of ****. Jinzi sure as **** figured out a way off that dead planet. What did you do to him?!"
    "Ah still can't believe.." Dash looked back at Midori, "You think you got it all figured out, ah think you're full of it. Ah think you're running scared, only reason why you're so tight lipped."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Midori looks in disgust at Sarada.

“No matter what timeline, you really are just a fool, aren’t you? What ever do those Ishtar’s see in you? Jinzi, dear stupid daddy, never made it off that planet. My father died alongside everyone else on that miserable rock. Everyone but me.”

Her form shifts to the Jinzi they saw in the holo-vids, then shifts back.

“All a ruse. My father, may that one rot, wasn’t nearly brave or smart enough to stop what wasn’t coming. To stop her. So when the world ended he died holding Jaden. But me?”

She smirks and holds up a finger, bright white energy forming there briefly.

“I was five years old. Just five, but I alone survived. Apparently, mommy wasn’t a guardian when Jaden was conceived, but she was when I was, so part of her Creational energy went into me. Imagine, a Chromaki’s massive latent talent for energy bending blessed with Creational energy from the get go, combined with Jinzi’s intelligence? I was out smarting daddy at age four, and so when the world ended I..shifted...myself and survived. Instinctual, of course, but when it was all over just a five year old remained on a dead world.”

She shrugs.

“So I survived for years. Cannibalized what bits lasted against the tech-rot, and eventually found the temporal nexus and escaped.”

She shrugs.

“The timeline I landed in was brutal, less sophisticated. Hops is from that one. Jinzi was already dead in that one, killed with his parents by Alakazah. The Saiyans still a brutal race of morons, and Ishtar a wandering warrior on Earth. We met, and we fell in love. We lived together for years until I revealed my plan to save the universe. She declared my plan mad, begged me to stop, and when I refused.....she tried to stop me. She failed.”

Her eyes turn hard.

“When I was done tearing the temporal energies apart to jump to another one, the backlash destroyed that timeline and it was then that I decided the cost doesn’t matter to me anymore. I would find my hearts desire, and if I couldn’t find it....I’d make it.”

She smiles and waves a hand at them all.

“And look! My greatest success, the culmination of part of my hard work: you all. So powerful, so strong, so eager to rend and tear. The only Ishtar who manages to fully access her Hakai, the only universe where Totoma and Parsley and Sarada are all Super Saiyans AND alive. The only universe the human fighters actually managed to keep up in. Even the majin is more than just a spit wad. All thanks to me. You’re welcome.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-06-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“No matter what timeline, you really are just a fool, aren’t you? What ever do those Ishtar’s see in you? Jinzi, dear stupid daddy, never made it off that planet. My father died alongside everyone else on that miserable rock. Everyone but me.”

“All a ruse. My father, may that one rot, wasn’t nearly brave or smart enough to stop what wasn’t coming. To stop her. So when the world ended he died holding Jaden. But me?”

“I was five years old. Just five, but I alone survived. Apparently, mommy wasn’t a guardian when Jaden was conceived, but she was when I was, so part of her Creational energy went into me. Imagine, a Chromaki’s massive latent talent for energy bending blessed with Creational energy from the get go, combined with Jinzi’s intelligence? I was out smarting daddy at age four, and so when the world ended I..shifted...myself and survived. Instinctual, of course, but when it was all over just a five year old remained on a dead world.”

She shrugs.

“So I survived for years. Cannibalized what bits lasted against the tech-rot, and eventually found the temporal nexus and escaped.”

She shrugs.

“The timeline I landed in was brutal, less sophisticated. Hops is from that one. Jinzi was already dead in that one, killed with his parents by Alakazah. The Saiyans still a brutal race of morons, and Ishtar a wandering warrior on Earth. We met, and we fell in love. We lived together for years until I revealed my plan to save the universe. She declared my plan mad, begged me to stop, and when I refused.....she tried to stop me. She failed.”

Her eyes turn hard.

“When I was done tearing the temporal energies apart to jump to another one, the backlash destroyed that timeline and it was then that I decided the cost doesn’t matter to me anymore. I would find my hearts desire, and if I couldn’t find it....I’d make it.”

“And look! My greatest success, the culmination of part of my hard work: you all. So powerful, so strong, so eager to rend and tear. The only Ishtar who manages to fully access her Hakai, the only universe where Totoma and Parsley and Sarada are all Super Saiyans AND alive. The only universe the human fighters actually managed to keep up in. Even the majin is more than just a spit wad. All thanks to me. You’re welcome.”
    As predicted, Midori couldn't help but monologue and divulge the entirety of her malevolent plan. As she spoke, Parsley listened. Disparaging remarks about Sarada aside, the first bit about Pants wasn't surprising. In her bid to completely fool them into believing she was Pants, she molded herself into his likeness and recorded those videos found on that broken, empty world. Pants himself died when the others did. She was relieved to know that Pants hadn't gone insane, but at the same time, she marveled at this woman's ability to survive for that long by herself. As a five year old with nothing but her wit and her will to survive, did so and did something even her father hadn't managed.

"To stop Genesis, yes?" she inquired on a guess before falling silent once more.

The tale of her endgame was a simple one. Everything -- meeting and falling in love with Ishtar, developing the means of jumping from one timeline to the next, tearing apart whoever this "Hops" person was' timeline to shreds while jumping to another, everything -- was for a single, overarching goal. That goal... to create them.

Them.

Parsley, Sarada, Ishtar, Ochazuke, Zaofan, Held, all of them. Create them and ensure that they were as they were right that very moment. Strong, powerful, in control of destined power and, most importantly, alive. This, the supposed "Prime" timeline, was the only timeline where they were as they were. The Saiyans were alive and three were Super Saiyans. Ishtar had full control of her Hakai. The humans were more than simple bystanders and pedestrians. This very timeline and the manner in which it existed was Midori's dream.

And she accomplished it. All of her extreme measures. All of her trials, tribulations, errors, and corrections. All of it was to create this very timeline. And she did.

In that way, she had already won before any of them knew the game had begun.

The question that pricked at Parsley's mind was simply, "Why?" What purpose did she have to create them? She was only five when they all died in her timeline, so it wasn't like she had missed their company. Besides, she already stated she intended to die in their incoming battle and -- assuming she had been telling the truth during those videos, even if she was disguised -- begged to be killed.

So, the biggest and most important question was why. Triumph? The glory of creating what she felt was the perfect timeline? Pretending to godhood?

Her eyes narrowed. "Is this all to stop Sakin? Genesis? Who was it that destroyed your Earth?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She shrugs.

She shrugs.

Her eyes turn hard.

“And look! My greatest success, the culmination of part of my hard work: you all. So powerful, so strong, so easier to tend and tear. The only Ishtar who manages to fully access her Hakai, the only universe where Totoma and Parsley and Sarada are all Super Saiyans AND alive. The only universe the human fighters actually managed to keep up in. Even the majin is more than just a spit wad. All thanks to me. You’re welcome.”
    Ishtar listened to what Midori said, heard her explain.

And for all of it, the Oni found herself disappointed. So when it was the child finally finished speaking, Ishtar slowed to a stop and offered a tired sigh. "So that is the truth of it then; you suffered a fate experienced by so many others and felt yourself unique." To the point where in madness, and fervor she eschewed happiness in favor of a fool's errand. The golden-eyed Oni shook her head, and began plodding forward once more. "Here I thought there might be some semblance of familiarity between us beyond our shared suffering, between us monsters. Yet in the end you are nothing more than an arrogant brat, proud of your hurt, and how grandiose triumph over it has made you feel ... though at the least this means you truly are her daughter."

The Oni had reached the barrier now, a thing that shimmered and rippled with ancient technology that was far older than she; and for a moment she was not sure what she intended to do. Then she recalled the properties of the Katchin that had been handed her by Parsley ... and of the arm that was all that remained of Marduk, and Teshub.

"You know me, or a version at least. So when I said I came to kill you, and that I do not care about the cost ... that should have made it clear."

The capsules she with drew made their all too familiar pa-chink, and out came two chunks of Katchin, and a darkling arm ... and the Oni was quick then, the Apex Katchin flowing up her arms as she gifted what energy she had to offer into an armor of sorts with hellish claws. And looking them over, she couldn't help but wonder. "Hm ..."

Ishtar thrust the arm at the barrier, as much to sate her curiosity as if to see whether or not the arm might be able to puncture it, and if it could ... ?

"Sarada, Parsley ... I need your help."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka regretted she hadn't gotten to know Charco that much besides more on a casual level and now they were gone. Even if she didn't know them beyond a casual level, to be that young and have your life be snuffed out when that spark had so much more to give was always tragic. For those who knew them more intimately she could only imagine what was going through their heads at the moment...

...And then this smug bitch.

Honestly, the only reason she hadn't attacked already was due they might have the information needed on Jinzi, among other things.

It be proper courtesy to hear said information that could help stop more pain before they sent their guest to hell after all.

"..So then, what was your self serving "Master Plan" that would need all this needless cost of life and time in the first place? No matter the cost you said, isn't that right?" The woman seemed to love to monologue if nothing else, she met plenty of those.
    “In Layman’s terms, if a timeline failed when I tested it, I destroyed it as unworthy. While testing I would steal temporal energy from Zurvan whenever he popped around in time. Eventually I would have absorbed enough to simply wipe her out and start things over the way they should be, but alas you all managed to stop that. So I had to fall back on contingencies, just like dear daddy
    always said. Now I’m going with Plan B. You already brought the best Jinzi I’ve found here, and this version of Mom seems lovely. I’ll take him and her, and little Jaden within, and disappear to our own perfected timeline while you all deal with Her. You passed my tests, so in five to ten years when she shows up, you all have a fighting chance. Once again, you’re welcome.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As predicted, Midori couldn't help but monologue and divulge the entirety of her malevolent plan. As she spoke, Parsley listened. Disparaging remarks about Sarada aside, the first bit about Pants wasn't surprising. In her bid to completely fool them into believing she was Pants, she molded herself into his likeness and recorded those videos found on that broken, empty world. Pants himself died when the others did. She was relieved to know that Pants hadn't gone insane, but at the same time, she marveled at this woman's ability to survive for that long by herself. As a five year old with nothing but her wit and her will to survive, did so and did something even her father hadn't managed.

"To stop Genesis, yes?" she inquired on a guess before falling silent once more.

The tale of her endgame was a simple one. Everything -- meeting and falling in love with Ishtar, developing the means of jumping from one timeline to the next, tearing apart whoever this "Hops" person was' timeline to shreds while jumping to another, everything -- was for a single, overarching goal. That goal... to create them.

Them.

Parsley, Sarada, Ishtar, Ochazuke, Zaofan, Held, all of them. Create them and ensure that they were as they were right that very moment. Strong, powerful, in control of destined power and, most importantly, alive. This, the supposed "Prime" timeline, was the only timeline where they were as they were. The Saiyans were alive and three were Super Saiyans. Ishtar had full control of her Hakai. The humans were more than simple bystanders and pedestrians. This very timeline and the manner in which it existed was Midori's dream.

And she accomplished it. All of her extreme measures. All of her trials, tribulations, errors, and corrections. All of it was to create this very timeline. And she did.

In that way, she had already won before any of them knew the game had begun.

The question that pricked at Parsley's mind was simply, "Why?" What purpose did she have to create them? She was only five when they all died in her timeline, so it wasn't like she had missed their company. Besides, she already stated she intended to die in their incoming battle and -- assuming she had been telling the truth during those videos, even if she was disguised -- begged to be killed.

So, the biggest and most important question was why. Triumph? The glory of creating what she felt was the perfect timeline? Pretending to godhood?

Her eyes narrowed. "Is this all to stop Sakin? Genesis? Who was it that destroyed your Earth?"
    “Yes. Genesis. Her. Desolation. If you think I’ve wiped out a lot, she’s far worse.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

The Shingan cannot pierce the Dreadnaught Heart empowered barrier.
    This barrier...I shouldn't be surprised though...She's been outwitting us at every turn...We've only made it this far by the skin of our teeth, after all.

She shrugs.

She shrugs.

Her eyes turn hard.

During the Nevadians lifetime, he had met many beings, each with a sense of entitlement and arrogance, each grander than the last, to the point there seemed to be no end to it. He had long since managed to drown out the deafening siren of ego, accepting it as a part of--if not life, than a part of doing business.

Midori's arrogance, however, took the pail. All of this was about some simple desire? In the back of his mind, he wondered just what desire did she truly have? It was unlikely to be whatever nonsense she had seemingly planted about wanting to save Meagan, or her family.

But, that was not what lurked in the forefront of his mind.

Her arrogance was almost godlike in its potency; If she could be believed---and given the range the Nevadian had witnessed from her hand, she could--she had gone through such lengths, manipulating this universes events for her own gain. The Saiyans, the Humans, The Majin....ever warrior assembled in that room...played for fools to her own end?

And more than ever, her haughty voice range out, her pride in her work, her callousness, her conceit.... One of his allies just eradicated himself to so much as touch her, and they should thank her for the privilege of being toyed with?

On the outside, the Nevadian was as composed as ever, belying the seething soul within.

To speak as freely as she did, was perhaps the ultimate insult. She didn't see them as threats, the disdain he saw in her eyes told him more than the Shingan ever could. She saw them as pets, sheep to be slaughtered at her leisure.

The Nevadian had planned to simply defeat the Doctor. To crush her if possible, to kill her if necessary. Ideally he would recoup losses from his ship being destroyed from this endevour....

He gave no thoughts to such things, now.

The insult given to Charco, to his fellow warriors, to himself....It was a mortal strike at ones pride, at ones honor, if ever there was one.

The energy surrounding the spear continued to flow, charging, growing more luminous, spiraling faster and faster. It would either take too long, or it would not be enough. Charco had thrown his entire being into his attack, and barely managed to scratch the paint.

Mentally, Held struggled, considering a taboo, a restriction he had done his best to abide by. The sick smirk on the Doctors face, and the still smouldering remnants of his fallen comrades attack, quickly convinced the Nevadian to relent.

With a puff of smoke, a second spear appeared, roughly half the size of the Golden Spear Held had been seen wielding throughout the years. It was entirely possible that no one present was aware it even existed until now. It was silver in color, lacking entirely the luminous quality of it's longer brother, almost seeming black, as if repelling light away from itself.

He caught it before gravity could begin to exert its hold on it, setting deep into a stance as he did so.

Much like the Golden brother before it, a orb of energy began to fester in front the sterling sister, festering, biding its time...waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar listened to what Midori said, heard her explain.

And for all of it, the Oni found herself disappointed. So when it was the child finally finished speaking, Ishtar slowed to a stop and offered a tired sigh. "So that is the truth of it then; you suffered a fate experienced by so many others and felt yourself unique." To the point where in madness, and fervor she eschewed happiness in favor of a fool's errand. The golden-eyed Oni shook her head, and began plodding forward once more. "Here I thought there might be some semblance of familiarity between us beyond our shared suffering, between us monsters. Yet in the end you are nothing more than an arrogant brat, proud of your hurt, and how grandiose triumph over it has made you feel ... though at the least this means you truly are her daughter."

The Oni had reached the barrier now, a thing that shimmered and rippled with ancient technology that was far older than she; and for a moment she was not sure what she intended to do. Then she recalled the properties of the Katchin that had been handed her by Parsley ... and of the arm that was all that remained of Marduk, and Teshub.

"You know me, or a version at least. So when I said I came to kill you, and that I do not care about the cost ... that should have made it clear."

The capsules she with drew made their all too familiar pa-chink, and out came two chunks of Katchin, and a darkling arm ... and the Oni was quick then, the Apex Katchin flowing up her arms as she gifted what energy she had to offer into an armor of sorts with hellish claws. And looking them over, she couldn't help but wonder. "Hm ..."

Ishtar thrust the arm at the barrier, as much to sate her curiosity as if to see whether or not the arm might be able to puncture it, and if it could ... ?

"Sarada, Parsley ... I need your help."
    It does seem to push into the barrier. Midori’s eyebrow raises.

“Oh. Do try your hardest. Let me see the fruits of my labor, little love. Try and breach, try to strike me down.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM