Page 166 of 294 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Okay okay, Praxat is out for now, Athena is taking care of her. Neva, take a tool kit and go and see about patches our two hull breaches, please.”

He taps a data-pad and throws up a video. The facility, as the Coldlight pulled away, suddenly erupts in a massive shattering explosion. Then the next asteroid, and the next, and a chain reaction destroys each asteroid in the upside down U shape. In total some fifteen or so massive explosions strike, and the Coldlight was rocked by each.

Jinzi just stares in horror.

“Do....do any of you understand how much power that must have generated to destroy katchin like that?” He asks quietly, still watching as no chunks bigger than a small car is left of the entire First Race hidden shipyard and Forge.
    "Quite a fair bit," Parsley commented as she sidled up next to Jinzi to view the video. That much force would have killed nearly all of them, without question. Those that survived would have been stranded on the edge of the universe, light years from any planet of any sort. It would have taken them hundreds of years to find civilization.

They had gotten lucky. "We were lucky. Had I and Ishtar not found that mass in the basement, we would have been killed." She paused, then continued. "In case any of you missed it, the detonation sequence was activated remotely. Someone knew we were there and sought to destroy us for some reason. Who that someone is, I don't know. However, this is no great loss. Ishtar and I looted as much as we could of the place. Data, special katchin, ships from the docks, technology, and Ishtar has a DNA sample from several of those golems. Whatever secrets they wanted to hide are ours now."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Okay okay, Praxat is out for now, Athena is taking care of her. Neva, take a tool kit and go and see about patches our two hull breaches, please.”

He taps a data-pad and throws up a video. The facility, as the Coldlight pulled away, suddenly erupts in a massive shattering explosion. Then the next asteroid, and the next, and a chain reaction destroys each asteroid in the upside down U shape. In total some fifteen or so massive explosions strike, and the Coldlight was rocked by each.

“Do....do any of you understand how much power that must have generated to destroy katchin like that?” He asks quietly, still watching as no chunks bigger than a small car is left of the entire First Race hidden shipyard and Forge.
    "If I'm not mistaken, at least enough force to destroy a Class J planet," said Nevanlinna as she gathered together the toolkits she would need to seal the hull. "Quite impressive, though if you'll excuse me..."

Leaving the bridge, Nevanlinna made her way to the nearest hull breach. She found the section of the ship where the breach was located sealed off... though thankfully, as far as she could tell, no one had been present in that particular section when the breach had occurred.

...thankfully. Huh, a scant few years ago she wouldn't have concerned herself with sympathy for other species. How things have changed, haven't they?

Now... it was time to get into that section and fix that breach. Most would have needed a pressure suit, but Threshlings were not so fragile to require such things--unless severely deprived of energy, the vacuum of space was but a trivial thing to withstand. It wasn't pleasant, by any means, but it was certainly convenient.

Preparing herself, she entered the code to open the door, and as she did, the air in the hallway she was in began to rush past her, being sucked out into the endless vacuum of space. Using her ki to manuever, she made her way to the breach, reaching it just as the wild torrent of air died down. Being in a vacuum was... eerie... the cold was unlike anything else, and the utter lack of sound lent an uncanny valley sort of quality to the experience.

Mmm, now, she had an idea on how to restore the atmosphere, but she needed to find a way to temporarily seal the breach. The ship should have energy shields to do such a thing, but... ah yes, they were indeed non-functional. She could restore them, but... ah! Now there was an idea.

Holding out her hand, she mentally chanted an aria, a threshling magical array forming in front of her.

Boundary of Air.

Guided and shaped by her will, the Boundary of Air molded itself to the breach. It was a magical spell that would expel--and keep out--the air from a certain area, creating a true vacuum. And that meant that the Boundary could be used to keep air in, as it would not allow it to pass. An ironic usage, and one that had only just occurred to her. Ahh, her genius was without compare, at times!

Next, she floated over to the wall opposite the breach and lightly touched its surface. With a slight bit of concentration, a full-fledged portal to Vaikuntha opened itself and, immediately, the pure, natural air of the dimension--eternally renewing--rushed out and filled the section. And, to no surprise, the Boundary of Air worked splendidly as a temporary seal.

Manuevering over to the breach, Nevanlinna opened her tookit, removed what she needed and, after a few scans with the diagnostic tool, got to work. She, of course, had performed all her own maintenance on her ship, so she was well-aware of how to go about this, and soon enough, the breach was sealed in a rather more permanent way. Dispelling the Boundary of Air and closing Vaikuntha, she waited a minute or two to monitor the air pressure and flow... while also working to restore function to a few more damaged systems in the area. Ultimately, everything came up clear, and she moved onto the other breach, which was thankfully relatively nearby and fixable using the very same methods.

When she finished, she stood and admired her work for a moment, then activated her comm. "Mr Pantaloon, the breaches have been sealed--hull integrity is at... 67% and 72%, respectively--atmosphere restored, and I even took the liberty of repairing any damaged systems I could find in the area. Everything seems clear on my end... how are the readings on yours?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

‘It was mysterious figure. While fleeing I searched the remaining security systems mother had in place and caught a single image of an unknown intruder.’

A psychic voice speaks in all their minds, a female child like voice. Along with that an image pops up before them, sent from a small jar near Parsley.

‘Oh. I am Azura. A pleasure to meet you all. Especially you, Grandfather Jinzi.’

Jinzi just stops, eye twitching.

“What....? What?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "If I'm not mistaken, at least enough force to destroy a Class J planet," said Nevanlinna as she gathered together the toolkits she would need to seal the hull. "Quite impressive, though if you'll excuse me..."

Leaving the bridge, Nevanlinna made her way to the nearest hull breach. She found the section of the ship where the breach was located sealed off... though thankfully, as far as she could tell, no one had been present in that particular section when the breach had occurred.

...thankfully. Huh, a scant few years ago she wouldn't have concerned herself with sympathy for other species. How things have changed, haven't they?

Now... it was time to get into that section and fix that breach. Most would have needed a pressure suit, but Threshlings were not so fragile to require such things--unless severely deprived of energy, the vacuum of space was but a trivial thing to withstand. It wasn't pleasant, by any means, but it was certainly convenient.

Preparing herself, she entered the code to open the door, and as she did, the air in the hallway she was in began to rush past her, being sucked out into the endless vacuum of space. Using her ki to manuever, she made her way to the breach, reaching it just as the wild torrent of air died down. Being in a vacuum was... eerie... the cold was unlike anything else, and the utter lack of sound lent an uncanny valley sort of quality to the experience.

Mmm, now, she had an idea on how to restore the atmosphere, but she needed to find a way to temporarily seal the breach. The ship should have energy shields to do such a thing, but... ah yes, they were indeed non-functional. She could restore them, but... ah! Now there was an idea.

Holding out her hand, she mentally chanted an aria, a threshling magical array forming in front of her.

Boundary of Air.

Guided and shaped by her will, the Boundary of Air molded itself to the breach. It was a magical spell that would expel--and keep out--the air from a certain area, creating a true vacuum. And that meant that the Boundary could be used to keep air in, as it would not allow it to pass. An ironic usage, and one that had only just occurred to her. Ahh, her genius was without compare, at times!

Next, she floated over to the wall opposite the breach and lightly touched its surface. With a slight bit of concentration, a full-fledged portal to Vaikuntha opened itself and, immediately, the pure, natural air of the dimension--eternally renewing--rushed out and filled the section. And, to no surprise, the Boundary of Air worked splendidly as a temporary seal.

Manuevering over to the breach, Nevanlinna opened her tookit, removed what she needed and, after a few scans with the diagnostic tool, got to work. She, of course, had performed all her own maintenance on her ship, so she was well-aware of how to go about this, and soon enough, the breach was sealed in a rather more permanent way. Dispelling the Boundary of Air and closing Vaikuntha, she waited a minute or two to monitor the air pressure and flow... while also working to restore function to a few more damaged systems in the area. Ultimately, everything came up clear, and she moved onto the other breach, which was thankfully relatively nearby and fixable using the very same methods.

When she finished, she stood and admired her work for a moment, then activated her comm. "Mr Pantaloon, the breaches have been sealed--hull integrity is at... 67% and 72%, respectively--atmosphere restored, and I even took the liberty of repairing any damaged systems I could find in the area. Everything seems clear on my end... how are the readings on yours?"
    “.......all good...” He squeaks our, still looking at Parsley and the jar in confusion.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

‘It was mysterious figure. While fleeing I searched the remaining security systems mother had in place and caught a single image of an unknown intruder.’

A psychic voice speaks in all their minds, a female child like voice. Along with that an image pops up before them, sent from a small jar near Parsley.

‘Oh. I am Azura. A pleasure to meet you all. Especially you, Grandfather Jinzi.’

“What....? What?”
    "Interesting." Parsley examined the image that Azura created. From what she had seen of Sasheem, it was a Majin. Curious how one would want them dead, though certainly not out of character. She had a feeling she knew who this was. "Could this be Auroc?" she pondered aloud. Nevanlinna had departed already; the banished Threshling princess was the only one among them who had likely seen the prototype Majin's face. They would know for certain when she returned.

As for Azura, "Oh. This is Azura. She's a mass that Ishtar and I found in the basement of the station. Pants, she was created from Midori splicing her DNA with a genetic sample from the First Race. She was harmless and warned us about the self-destruct sequence, so we decided to take her with us."

A good thing. She was quickly proving herself more useful than Parsley could have hoped.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I admit, I've missed your enthusiasm." Held said with a chuckle, "Although that might just be because the novelty has returned after so long..."

He turned towards Jinzi, looking up from his console for a moment. "Have fun, Captain."

Turning back to P-Sta he added, "Speaking of things that returned after a long hiatus...How did you get out of Sasheem? He didn't strike me as the type to suddenly have a change of heart after so long."
    "To be honest, I don't understand it, myself!" P-Sta pondered, as he quickly acclimated to the ship's controls. "One minute, he's attacking HQ, then the next I feel like I've woken up from a very long nap, one of those ill timed uncomfortable naps at that, and woke up in an ancient asteroid!"

"I could ask him, he does seem vastly more comprehensible if not just as ornery, but..." P-Sta shrugged. "Far more important things ahead of us, such as making it out of this, alive!"

"Quite a lot, I'd imagine..." Blizzar commented, after being silent for quite some time. He had been encrypting and scanning the data taken from Midori's computers since he reached the Coldlight. "If you're in need of design specs, Pantaloon you might be in luck," the Arcosianwent on. "After I get everything in order, I might have a plethora of information on hand.You'll get the bill later."

“What....? What?”
    Sasheem gets up from the floor, raising an eyebrow at the image. "How many more Majins are out here in this universe?" he wondered aloud. "There's so much of it left, can't none of us do our job right," Sasheem sneered, spitting in a corner of the ship and laying back down in a huff.

In all honesty, being the last Majin left in existence as far as he knew gave him more comfort than he'd realized. He'd heard talk of this Auroc and if it really was him...all the more reason to kill this bastard. God of the Thrashlords whatever they were called. Wanted them to love him. Ridiculous.

“.......all good...” He squeaks our, still looking at Parsley and the jar in confusion.
    What a curiously... absent-minded response. Had something happened on the bridge? Everything had checked out, so it would be prudent to return to said bridge, and if something had happened, she would certainly find out. Taking flight, the threshling princess flew towards the nearest door. With the local systems working now, it would likely open automatically, but there was something she wanted to try...

Concentrating, she faded into Vaikuntha just before the door's sensors would have picked her up. Maintaining her momentum, she focused yet again, fading out of Vaikuntha and back into reality... on the other side of the door. Glancing over her shoulder, she smiled. "My, so that is possible... though a bit inaccurate, if I do say so myself."

Not wasting another moment, she continued her flight towards the bridge, reaching it quite quickly. Entering it, she sighed. "It certainly has been a long while since I've had to work on a ship. I do so enjoy such tasks--" The moment her eyes settled on the image of the majin, Nevanlinna went silent.

OOC: A'ight, any recognition or should I just play it off as 'didn't expect to see an image of one ugly majin'?

What a curiously... absent-minded response. Had something happened on the bridge? Everything had checked out, so it would be prudent to return to said bridge, and if something had happened, she would certainly find out. Taking flight, the threshling princess flew towards the nearest door. With the local systems working now, it would likely open automatically, but there was something she wanted to try...

Concentrating, she faded into Vaikuntha just before the door's sensors would have picked her up. Maintaining her momentum, she focused yet again, fading out of Vaikuntha and back into reality... on the other side of the door. Glancing over her shoulder, she smiled. "My, so that is possible... though a bit inaccurate, if I do say so myself."

Not wasting another moment, she continued her flight towards the bridge, reaching it quite quickly. Entering it, she sighed. "It certainly has been a long while since I've had to work on a ship. I do so enjoy such tasks--" The moment her eyes settled on the image of the majin, Nevanlinna went silent.

OOC: A'ight, any recognition or should I just play it off as 'didn't expect to see an image of one ugly majin'?
    She recognizes him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She recognizes him.
    OOC: A'ight. Correct me if I make any assumptions with this.

IC: Nevanlinna stared the image for a long while. That disgusting visage was not one she expected to see, let alone at this very moment. Why, pray tell, was there an image of Auroc himself being displayed here, of all places? This made no sense...

"The breaches are sealed, and I can guarantee that they will hold until we return home," said Nevanlinna, her gaze still locked on Auroc's image. "Now, if you will, do explain this image here. Most of my kind would prostrate themselves at the very sight, but I... hmph, I feel nothing but disgust at the sight of this false god." The contempt in her voice was the very same she meted out so casually towards other species in the past, though it seemed almost worse now... it was born of genuine disgust and hatred of what lay before her, rather than the convergence of ignorance and arrogance that birthed her contempt previously.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-13-2019 at 04:28 AM.

IC: Nevanlinna stared the image for a long while. That disgusting visage was not one she expected to see, let alone at this very moment. Why, pray tell, was there an image of Auroc himself being displayed here, of all places? This made no sense...

"The breaches are sealed, and I can guarantee that they will hold until we return home," said Nevanlinna, her gaze still locked on Auroc's image. "Now, if you will, do explain this image here. Most of my kind would prostrate themselves at the very sight, but I... hmph, I feel nothing but disgust at the sight of this false god." The contempt in her voice was the very same she meted out so casually towards other species, though it seemed almost worse now... it was born of genuine disgust and hatred of what lay before her, rather than the convergence of ignorance and arrogance that birthed her contempt previously.
    So, Parsley's hunch was right. The majin before them was Auroc, the false deity who had the entire Threshling race save for a few ensnared. Curious that he would want them dead.

"He was the one who caused the station to explode," she explained. "Azura here scanned the security as we escaped and found his image in the databanks."

She leaned back in her seat and crossed her legs. Stroking her chin, she continued, "If he was able to remotely detonate the station, then he must have been in league somehow either with Midori or the First Race. Either way, he is now a problem."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"The breaches are sealed, and I can guarantee that they will hold until we return home," said Nevanlinna, her gaze still locked on Auroc's image. "Now, if you will, do explain this image here. Most of my kind would prostrate themselves at the very sight, but I... hmph, I feel nothing but disgust at the sight of this false god." The contempt in her voice was the very same she meted out so casually towards other species, though it seemed almost worse now... it was born of genuine disgust and hatred of what lay before her, rather than the convergence of ignorance and arrogance that birthed her contempt previously.
    "So it is that *******!" Sasheem exclaimed, leaping up to his feet. "So, if Sasheem were to go to your planet, would people start bowing down to him too?" he asked the Threshling, his arms folded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Would getting her some water help?
    OOC: Yeah that would definitely help.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Wait. Something Ishtar said right before all hell broke loose finally broke through the haze in Sarada's head and registered. She grinned slowly and excitedly, all thoughts about Rex gone like a whisper in the wind. She had only one thing to say. "Yes, please."
    "It is a date ... let us just make sure nothing bad will transpire in our ... absence, yes ?" Ishtar responded before helping her Little Love to her feet. "What do you think of the new form, by the way ?" The Oni then asked, posing for the Super Saiyan before her.

"Quite a fair bit," Parsley commented as she sidled up next to Jinzi to view the video. That much force would have killed nearly all of them, without question. Those that survived would have been stranded on the edge of the universe, light years from any planet of any sort. It would have taken them hundreds of years to find civilization.
    "Yes," Ishtar said a short time later as she stepped into the cockpit. "I also know just what was taken from me, by whomever decided to trigger the self-destruct." To say nothing of the sheer amount of ultra-conductive Katchin; the secrets that were now lost were ... frustrating. Though what was to say she could not simply find what she was after somewhere else. The stars were vast, and the First Race as prolific as they were secretive.

They had gotten lucky. "We were lucky. Had I and Ishtar not found that mass in the basement, we would have been killed." She paused, then continued. "In case any of you missed it, the detonation sequence was activated remotely. Someone knew we were there and sought to destroy us for some reason. Who that someone is, I don't know. However, this is no great loss. Ishtar and I looted as much as we could of the place. Data, special katchin, ships from the docks, technology, and Ishtar has a DNA sample from several of those golems. Whatever secrets they wanted to hide are ours now."
    Of course ... the secrets she and Parsley had managed to secure for themselves were now stated plainly -- or at the very least hinted at -- for everyone present in the cockpit; and Ishtar actually ... bared a fang. Not in anger but in annoyance, as the others were sure to want a 'piece'.

"... Something like that." The Oni managed, before cutting Parsley a look.

"In addition to The Doctor being your daughter from an alternate timeline, she also created a clone," Ishtar added to Parsley's explanation. "Considering all we have been subject to during the past five days; it is hardly that surprising." As for the face of the entity that had tried to kill them ... it was Majin.

Hm ...

At this display, Ishtar couldn't help but crack a smile at the Threshling; her disgust for Auroc a welcome sight considering what all the Oni herself planned to do with the false god. "There is a reason I like you Nevanlinna, this is one of them surely ... and it reminds me well that I need to speak to you about a plan or two, and about that Vaikuntha of yours ..."

So many things to do ... so little time.

So, Parsley's hunch was right. The majin before them was Auroc, the false deity who had the entire Threshling race save for a few ensnared. Curious that he would want them dead.

"He was the one who caused the station to explode," she explained. "Azura here scanned the security as we escaped and found his image in the databanks."

She leaned back in her seat and crossed her legs. Stroking her chin, she continued, "If he was able to remotely detonate the station, then he must have been in league somehow either with Midori or the First Race. Either way, he is now a problem."
    "He has been a problem for quite some time," Ishtar explained.

"We first encountered him quite some time ago; against Jagam and Anula if you recall. He made his aims clear as well. 'To make the Universe love him', though it was not the kind of love many would wish to offer." That being the kind that was forced against their will. "... the sooner I speak with both you, and Nevanlinna, the better I suspect." The golden-eyed Oni said then, before chuckling.

"I suppose it can wait until we have recovered though."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "So it is that *******!" Sasheem exclaimed, leaping up to his feet. "So, if Sasheem were to go to your planet, would people start bowing down to him too?" he asked the Threshling, his arms folded.
    "No, you are not nearly as stupid," Ishtar replied, patting the Majin on the back. "I think some of us are even beginning to appreciate your help." Deadpan as it was, there was no ignoring that the Oni was sincere.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Once aboard the Coldlight Althena lays Praxat down on the ground. " Now how does this armor come off?" Althena said.

" Don't worry about taking the armor off I can do that. My power armor has a failsafe. This failsafe allows the armor to be removed in case of an emergency. Armor disengaged," Praxat said.

" Failsafe activated, please say passphrase to disengaged armor," a computerized voice said.

" Do not go gentle into the goodnight. Old age should burn and rave at close of day. "Rage, rage against the dying of the light" Praxat said in a weak tone.

Praxat's armor suddenly falls off her. Praxat loses consciousness." This is bad Praxat isn't getting enough air. Her skin is too dried to absorb the air around her," Althena said.

" Hopefully my healing power can restore her body's moisture," Althena said.

Althena uses her healing ability on Praxat.
    Once at the scanner console, she was able to use it to see that Praxat was doing do good. Checking the ships systems, she noticed a nearby water shower. contacting Althena over the ship's com, "Hey, Althena. Ah figgure she might need some water. If so, there's a water shower in the room just behind you. Can you carry her in there?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.