Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “So do you. I’m staying busy, the twin has grown and we’re actually profitable now. How is everyone else? I’ve seen some video of you guys fighting and you all seem so strong now. Hard to believe any old Yeti ever was a challenge.”
    "Everything's going great as far as I know. Jack finally got himself another girlfriend. My wife's cousin, in fact. Karine and Totoma have probably gotten married by this point. You probably heard that Meagan married Jinzi Pantaloons. Ochazuke is busy restoring Earth's martial arts schools." She thought that was what he was doing, in addition to uncovering the secrets of Zhu'ro. She never bothered to inquire about that details. Maybe the next time she saw him and/or Zaofan again.

There was one last person in that initial group that met here in Cask. She hadn't seen Koorimaru since they defeated Fife. He got his wish -- his restored strength -- then dipped and promptly forgot all about them. In many, several ways, she was glad he was gone. One Frost Demon was bad enough. Two in the same group at the same time was unthinkable and an unmercifully persistent headache.

In several other ways, she was concerned that he had just vanished with one of those hidden demon artifacts in his possession. Someone as weak as Chris the Knife was a pain in the ass when he was wielding Banefire; there was no telling how powerful Koorimaru had become with that amulet.

Whatever. If he showed his stupid face again, she had a fist with his name on it.

"You'd be surprised at how weak we were back then. Even my nephew over there is stronger than I was then."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Entertaining?" Blizzar inquired. "I should think not! This is business, my friend and I haven't gotten to where I am today by throwing caution to the wind! I keep all of the true important information of mine on record! I assume you, er, more magical folk are adept enough at utilizing modern technology"
    "Technology can be messed with," the creature said with a chuckle. "But yes, us magical folk are ... familiar~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Technology can be messed with," the creature said with a chuckle. "But yes, us magical folk are ... familiar~"
    "Then by all means, observe," Blizzar commented brining up a holo-emitter which displayed a black screen front of the creature. "I male records of everything I encounter, every conversation I have. It's how I manage to to stay afloat amongst the sea of information that envelops us all."

A small light was growing more and more prominent from the screen as if something was being led out of a tunnel.

"As you can imagine, in my travels, I've encountered all sorts of things," Blizzar noted, turning to face the creature. "And I never give up a chance to learn about something I've little knowledge of...so when I lack said knowledge....I tend to do a little digging and you'd be surprised at what you can find."

It soon became apparent that the tunnel on the screen was not a tunnel at all....and what was being led out of it was...and egg? Followed by another....and nod another....

"Ohohoho...." Blizzar began to chuckle uproariously". "Think you're terrifying, do you? Wide, toothy grin, red eyes, sinister voice. Please."

Dozens....and dozens of them.

"What have I to fear from you?! You make far too much sense!" Blizzar shouted gleefully, dropping a minature audio device that was emitting sounds of and...incessant flow of information at a certain wavelength or frequency. "Listen well...I do so once a week now to steel myself to the reality that...well, reality as we know it is a fickle thing to those who deign it beneath them to adhere to its laws."

Blizzar then telekinetically grabbed the briefcase as well as the paper with his information on it....and began to book it, trying to find a new way out of the cave, as he called back, "And if you miss a lone, not to worry! Everything's on loop!"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Don't you dare compare me to that, bitch! I'm nothing like her!" Araxat said. Araxat's mech portal punches Cyanna, Praxat, Althena, and Killrog.

Praxat gets up from the devasting blow along with Althena and Killrog. She and Althena then both go into Boost mode and attack Araxat simultaneously along with Killrog. However, even with their combined power, they can't put a dent in the Mech. Out of the blue, a bunch of drones appear and start blasting at the Mech.

" Okay, this is weird. Why are those drones attacking my grandmother's Mech?" Praxat said.

Praxat, Cyanna, Killrog, and Althena can hear Uraxat's voice coming from one of the drones." Listen up while you all have been busy fighting this machine. I have been looking over its schematics!" Uraxat said.

" First, my mother is using her self as a power source for this machine. Second, it has a force field around it that absorbs kinetic energy. However, it doesn't produce this force field itself. From going over its schematics, this force field is produced by an outside source," Uraxat said.

"This outside source is six mechanical towers. These towers should be close to the Mech's proximity. Uraxat said as she gives Cyanna, Praxat, Althena, and Killrog intel on the Mech.

" Hmm, how exactly is my grandmother powering this Mech? Is she using her own bioelectricity?" Praxat said.

" That would be a negative," Uraxat said.

" If it's not her bioelectricity. that would mean that's she's powering this Mech using her...." Praxat said.

" Her psychic energy. Araxat is using her own psychic energy to power this thing!" Killrog said.
    Recovering from the last attack, Cyanna floated upwards, "Only way to deal with a powerful opponent is to level the playing field. Guys, be ready for anything." As she spoke she flew just above the Araxat Mech and held out her staff. As she does, a sphere of dark magical energy forms at it's tip. "Yoru no Hikari" she speaks, then releases the sphere. As she does it flies towards the Mech, expanding, growing in size, and swallowing up Araxat. Encased within the perfect darkness, Araxat's mind will be dragged down into the darkness and her power levels will drop as well.

Cyanna can only maintain this for a short time, she strains at the effort to hold it for as long as possible. Eventually, the dark bubble will burst, freeing Araxat.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Recovering from the last attack, Cyanna floated upwards, "Only way to deal with a powerful opponent is to level the playing field. Guys, be ready for anything." As she spoke she flew just above the Araxat Mech and held out her staff. As she does, a sphere of dark magical energy forms at it's tip. "Yoru no Hikari" she speaks, then releases the sphere. As she does it flies towards the Mech, expanding, growing in size, and swallowing up Araxat. Encased within the perfect darkness, Araxat's mind will be dragged down into the darkness and her power levels will drop as well.

Cyanna can only maintain this for a short time, she strains at the effort to hold it for as long as possible. Eventually, the dark bubble will burst, freeing Araxat.
    Using her mech Araxat points at Cyanna." What in the hell did you do to me? My psychic energy feels the drain to the point where I barely have enough of it to run this mech," Araxat said.

" Of course, it doesn't matter if my psychic energy is a drain. As long as the force field is up, this mech can't be touch!"Araxat said.

Unbeknownst to Araxat. Her daughter Uraxat had sent Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, and Nraxat to take care of the six mechanical towers creating the force field around Araxat's mech.

Using strategically placed high tech remote explosives Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, and Nraxat take down the mechanical towers in the distance Cyanna, Praxat, Althena, and Killrog would see five separate explosions. without the towers, Araxat's mech's force field vanishes." Dammit, they took down my force field. You left me with no choice," Araxat said.

" I'm going to use the energy I have left to power this mech to obliterate you all!" Araxat said. Araxat then has her mech fly into the sky and sends a massive ball of energy at Cyanna, Althena, Praxat, and Killrog.

Killrog fires off an Explosive beam to counter the massive ball of energy. Praxat goes into Max mode. Using shockwaves to help counter the ball of energy. Althena putts her hands as if in prayer and forms a massive construct with multiple arms compose of electricity behind her.

Althena uses this construct to help counter the ball of energy. " This is one of the Eight Great techniques of Aoem, Electro Haeus Maango!" Althena said.

" Cyanna, don't just stand there. help us push back this massive ball of energy," Praxat said.

"I can feel that Araxat's psychic energy has weakened. She's getting desperate," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Using her mech Araxat points at Cyanna." What in the hell did you do to me? My psychic energy feels the drain to the point where I barely have enough of it to run this mech," Araxat said.

" Of course, it doesn't matter if my psychic energy is a drain. As long as the force field is up, this mech can't be touch!"Araxat said.

Unbeknownst to Araxat. Her daughter Uraxat had sent Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, and Nraxat to take care of the six mechanical towers creating the force field around Araxat's mech.

Using strategically placed high tech remote explosives Craxat, Sraxat, Draxat, and Nraxat take down the mechanical towers in the distance Cyanna, Praxat, Althena, and Killrog would see five separate explosions. without the towers, Araxat's mech's force field vanishes." Dammit, they took down my force field. You left me with no choice," Araxat said.

" I'm going to use the energy I have left to power this mech to obliterate you all!" Araxat said. Araxat then has her mech fly into the sky and sends a massive ball of energy at Cyanna, Althena, Praxat, and Killrog.

Killrog fires off an Explosive beam to counter the massive ball of energy. Praxat goes into Max mode. Using shockwaves to help counter the ball of energy. Althena putts her hands as if in prayer and forms a massive construct with multiple arms compose of electricity behind her.

Althena uses this construct to help counter the ball of energy. " This is one of the Eight Great techniques of Aoem, Electro Haeus Maango!" Althena said.

" Cyanna, don't just stand there. help us push back this massive ball of energy," Praxat said.

"I can feel that Araxat's psychic energy has weakened. She's getting desperate," Althena said.
    Just as Praxat calls to her, the ball of energy suddenly explodes on its' own [Twist of Fate], the energy dissipating into the air. As this happens, Cyanna is flying staright at the energy ball, then through it as it dissipates. Reaching the Mech, Cyanna's eyes glow as she focuses her psychic power at Araxat.

Pounding Araxat's mind, Cyanna repeats over and over, "Stop Hurting Your Family!"

Just as Praxat calls to her, the ball of energy suddenly explodes on its' own [Twist of Fate], the energy dissipating into the air. As this happens, Cyanna is flying staright at the energy ball, then through it as it dissipates. Reaching the Mech, Cyanna's eyes glow as she focuses her psychic power at Araxat.

Pounding Araxat's mind, Cyanna repeats over and over, "Stop Hurting Your Family!"
    Without enough energy to run her mech. Araxat teleports out of her mech. " Get out of my head, I don't need family. They just get in the way," Araxat said.

Suddenly a figure that looks like a Chromakai appears next to Araxat. " That's right friends, family there nothing, but weaknesses. They will only serve to get in the way of your goal. Remember what I told you ten years ago Araxat," the figure said.

" Hmm, you're that wise man I encountered ten years ago. Yeah, I remember, you told me that the only way to accomplish my goal. The only way to help this planet was to start a war. That should cast emotions, like love aside," Araxat said.

" That's right, the only emotion you need is hate! Love and compassion are weaknesses. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," the figure said.

Praxat points at the figure." I don't know who you are, but I'm positive you are no damn wise man. What kind of wise man tells people it's okay to start a war? " Praxat said.

Althena's hands start shaking." This foul aura. I know it from anywhere, it's you Zerx!" Althena said.

The figure shapeshifts into a demon-like creature." Ah, I see you remember? " Zerx said.

" So do you hold a grudge against me for freezing you 2,000 years? I Imagine you do!" Zerx said.

Zerx gets into Cyanna's, Althena's, Praxat's, and Killrog's heads. ( Come on kill, her already! Think about all the suffering she's caused,) Zerx said telepathically.

( She deserves to die. So give in to anger and hatred!) Zerx said telepathically.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Without enough energy to run her mech. Araxat teleports out of her mech. " Get out of my head, I don't need family. They just get in the way," Araxat said.

Suddenly a figure that looks like a Chromakai appears next to Araxat. " That's right friends, family there nothing, but weaknesses. They will only serve to get in the way of your goal. Remember what I told you ten years ago Araxat," the figure said.

" Hmm, you're that wise man I encountered ten years ago. Yeah, I remember, you told me that the only way to accomplish my goal. The only way to help this planet was to start a war. That should cast emotions, like love aside," Araxat said.

" That's right, the only emotion you need is hate! Love and compassion are weaknesses. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," the figure said.

Praxat points at the figure." I don't know who you are, but I'm positive you are no damn wise man. What kind of wise man tells people it's okay to start a war? " Praxat said.

Althena's hands start shaking." This foul aura. I know it from anywhere, it's you Zerx!" Althena said.

The figure shapeshifts into a demon-like creature." Ah, I see you remember? " Zerx said.

" So do you hold a grudge against me for freezing you 2,000 years? I Imagine you do!" Zerx said.

Zerx gets into Cyanna's, Althena's, Praxat's, and Killrog's heads. ( Come on kill, her already! Think about all the suffering she's caused,) Zerx said telepathically.

( She deserves to die. So give in to anger and hatred!) Zerx said telepathically.
    Cyanna pushes back, swamping his mind like only she can, at high speed, "How dare you tell me who to hate and who not to hate!? You play around with other people's feelings and show no remorse? You use people like toys then throw them away. I won't stand for it, I am Cyanna Tur'quoise, Apprentice Guardian of the Chromakai and heir to the Chair of Lady Iris, disciple of the Silver Mage Lady Reimi, Sister to the Guardian of Chroma Meagan, and protector of the innocent. You will not mess with me or my friends, you will stand down and surrender or you will be taken out. Demons like you come from that horrible place, that other-world, and I will send you back there. There are warriors and guardians and mages and goddesses and gods and others with powers strong enough to turn you into a puddle of goo, I have seen them do it too, and I will make sure they know where to find you and they will find you and you will be sorry and regret what you are doing. You are a horrible demon, and nasty mean creature and you should be ashamed of yourself, though I doubt you know what it means ot be ashamed, you should learn some humility it would do you good. You should save yourself the wasted effort and just give up, or else you will be sorry." her emotions adding extra power to her psychic assault.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-24-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...Yes....Thank you...." Humbert mumured quietly before the blow was struck and his body collapsed upon the ground, the energy slowly dissipating from his corpse. For several moments, only silence reigned in the frozen wastes around them.
    As Shochu's needle-point bore through the gelatinous decaying visage, some residual, fearful affect passed through Ochazuke as the fearful shadow appeared to lift to vapour.

Through the insight granted by his acquired skill, he had peered through the veil. He felt it from the base of the Mountain itself, that choking presence that lift itself from the heart of this forsaken place. In the quiet, it was as if the countless whispers echoed in the dark, chattered where the Void spoke through it agent, the fell voice raking over the subtle wound where the magician's barrier had pressed upon his flesh.

The the cruel shade stole away into the icy dark given voice only by the chill and howl upon this deathly peak. Ochazuke saw Humbert's ancient body press against the ancient roads of Avalon that stood outside of time.

The snows fell. Soon all that transpired here would be buried for fear it be awoken again.

But now that they had all seen what lay here, they could not allow its malfeasance to continue unchecked.

"........He's right....I have no excuses for my actions up til now...I am guilty of willful ignorance, nursing a lie for so long I forgot the truth, or the reason I lied to myself in the first place....Time has made everything so muddled...." Morgan looked to the ground, unable to meet Ochazukes gaze. "But...I will do my best to explain....the truth. The whole Truth.....and then I'll answer that question."

Summing up her courage she begins speaking.

"My name...is Morgan Le Fey, I am Royal Handmaiden to Queen Persephone....one of three who shared them same name. We functioned as personal servants, but we were contracted with a small fraction of the Queens magic...." Morgan opened her palm and a small pyramid appear, then shifted into a square, then a ball. "Conjuration....Magic of Creation and Destruction. It is the basis for summoning.....and it allows us to act in her stead as extensions of royal authority. Which...is a fancy way of saying we served the people when she could not."

"Everything else I have told you is the truth.....but.....the invasion that we had longed feared, did come to pass." Morgan waved her hand, erecting a wall segment where there had not been one before. It depicted a beast, a dinosaur that gave off an almost familiar vibe...and fire.

"....With Vortigern defeated, Avalon experienced a period of uncontrolled growth.....we threw caution to the wind...and when the next wyrm lord came, it all came crashing down." Morgan let the wall crumble to dust. "They called the Wyrm Rex, a remorseless killer with a mind as sharp as any of us....and the mages of Amdapor scoffed at the lowly beast right up until he was tearing his way across the country with a swarm at his beck and call."

"In the face of immediate destruction......Our Queen elected a path of preservation rather then attempt committing to an already losing battle. So Each Morgan was paired with a contingent of knights, including members of the most influential mage circles, and civilians.....we were ordered to take our groups away from the city and hide in the wastes. I was....I was put in charge of leading the Circle of the White Petal. My Sisters were given charge of the Black Sun and the Grey Thorn. I....do no know what happened to them, but my charge was ambushed well outside the city......I....."

At this point Morgan was visible uncomfortable. "...I...did all I could......I....." She clutched at her side, and took several controlled breaths....then shook her head sadly. "....No....I didn't get to do anything......I was distracted by...by the fires. I remember looking back towards the city as it burned, when the ambush came I was struck from behind and lost my senses....I only remember flashes.....but by the time I came back.....they were all dead.......all of them.....Men, Women, Children, the Mages, the Knights.....the circle knights, who I'd know my entire life.....they died defending me. There....there was nothing left......just....dead bodies and bloody snow....."

Morgan attempted to maintain some composure, but the memory was clearly one she was not having a wonderful time remembering.

".....So....So I ran......I ran away.......I came snowwall first, knowing full well that they had already came through here before the capital......all dead. Icecloak, all dead. Novastead, all dead. The Wail, all dead. Everywhere I went, there was no survivors....I...I wandered the wastes for months, years....I don't even remember how long. I just kept wandering.....and soon....I forgot. It was just....easier to forget, you know......like dying, except for the ones too afraid to die."

She looked to Ochazuke. "....and that lie became my truth......for so long that even the land has changed from the way I remember it. Now I just have more blood on my hands then I did before....I couldn't fulfill my purpose, and neither could the other Morgans.........something must have happened in the Tomb, a leak of void energy....enough to twist the human form into this. I know the mechanisms....the purpose of the Tomb......if there is damaged enough to cause a leak, it will poison the deep earth for miles. It has to be repaired."

Finally, she turns to Zaofan. "You asked what I wanted to do......I want to make sure nobody else ends up like the man who died here today, and I need to know.....if there is anything left of the one who created me..." Morgan put on her most resolute face. ".....As the highest authority in the land, in the stead of our queen, I ask this of you....noble visitors.....will you accompany me to this end?"

She paused. "....pl..please..."
    As Morgan spoke, Zaofan loaned his support through slow nods, validating the portions of the story he had been uniquely privy to. Contracts and conjuration... Briefly, he stole a look towards Erosa, raising his eyebrows with a mild simper in a bid to convince her their guide wasn't all that bad - especially in this push into unknown territory ceded to mysterious Ancients. Yet when the portions of the untold story were at last revealed, it seemed there was a greater familiarity to be drawn from it.

"The Grey Thorn," Ochazuke grunted. "If your sister had preservation in mind, either she had a warped notion of your Queen's purpose, or Persephone's benevolence was a forceful condition."

He turned from her for a moment to survey the mural etched in the stone. Vortigern's image stood marked, prominent as the memory of the great victory that allowed this place to stand in the first place. The knights raised their swords, the mages' mouths frozen in the throes of an enchanted word. A monument to a curated memory. She is not the only one to excise the truth for their killer still walks.

"A homecoming for Rex, then." This had been the first time any of them had spoken his name. The wrappings over his hands stretched taught as Ochazuke clenched his fist. Pain shocked through the numbness on his broad back, and with it a sharpened focus. "Our quarry would search for respite within another dead place."

Against the black sky and the white snow, the gnawing grey burrowed deep into his subtle sense.

And still there was Humbert's last words, of grave Persephone who had tethered to this desolate, earthly clime something else; deep within that darkness peering, some harrowing ancient. Wondering. Watching. Waiting.

Zaofan clapping his hands together, ringing a sharp echo through the empty air surrounding the peak. "Seems like we'll all find our answers, then. Show us the way to the heart of the Mountain, and I'm sure we'll all find what we're looking for!"

Ochazuke, however, had no more mirth to spare than a bitter scoff. His eyes passed over the stone relief to the five totems upon the crown of Persphone's visage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Turning their attention to the top of the mural, the large arcane symbols stood out above everything else. There were five of them....4 of them scrawled with the utmost care while the fifth appeared to have been scratched to the point it was barely visible.

Noting where eyes were slowly being directed, Morgan nodded. "The Symbols at the top right? They represent the Old ones from which Persephone was gifted magic....lets see..." Morgan pointed her hand at the left and slowly move it from symbol to symbol. "We have....Dagon, Hastur, Shub-Niggurath, Cthulhu and...." Morgan frowned when she reached the last one that was scratched out. "...Nyarlathotep."
    Pointing his finger to that ancient rune slashed from comprehensibility, he asked Morgan then.

"Your Mage spoke of the weakened seal. A scorned Ancient, perhaps?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-24-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Everything's going great as far as I know. Jack finally got himself another girlfriend. My wife's cousin, in fact. Karine and Totoma have probably gotten married by this point. You probably heard that Meagan married Jinzi Pantaloons. Ochazuke is busy restoring Earth's martial arts schools." She thought that was what he was doing, in addition to uncovering the secrets of Zhu'ro. She never bothered to inquire about that details. Maybe the next time she saw him and/or Zaofan again.

There was one last person in that initial group that met here in Cask. She hadn't seen Koorimaru since they defeated Fife. He got his wish -- his restored strength -- then dipped and promptly forgot all about them. In many, several ways, she was glad he was gone. One Frost Demon was bad enough. Two in the same group at the same time was unthinkable and an unmercifully persistent headache.

In several other ways, she was concerned that he had just vanished with one of those hidden demon artifacts in his possession. Someone as weak as Chris the Knife was a pain in the ass when he was wielding Banefire; there was no telling how powerful Koorimaru had become with that amulet.

Whatever. If he showed his stupid face again, she had a fist with his name on it.

"You'd be surprised at how weak we were back then. Even my nephew over there is stronger than I was then."
    She shakes her head in wonder.

“That’s shocking. Here, you and him eat here for free. My treat.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Shochu's needle-point bore through the gelatinous decaying visage, some residual, fearful affect passed through Ochazuke as the fearful shadow appeared to lift to vapour.

Through the insight granted by his acquired skill, he had peered through the veil. He felt it from the base of the Mountain itself, that choking presence that lift itself from the heart of this forsaken place. In the quiet, it was as if the countless whispers echoed in the dark, chattered where the Void spoke through it agent, the fell voice raking over the subtle wound where the magician's barrier had pressed upon his flesh.

The the cruel shade stole away into the icy dark given voice only by the chill and howl upon this deathly peak. Ochazuke saw Humbert's ancient body press against the ancient roads of Avalon that stood outside of time.

The snows fell. Soon all that transpired here would be buried for fear it be awoken again.

But now that they had all seen what lay here, they could not allow its malfeasance to continue unchecked.

As Morgan spoke, Zaofan loaned his support through slow nods, validating the portions of the story he had been uniquely privy to. Contracts and conjuration... Briefly, he stole a look towards Erosa, raising his eyebrows with a mild simper in a bid to convince her their guide wasn't all that bad - especially in this push into unknown territory ceded to mysterious Ancients. Yet when the portions of the untold story were at last revealed, it seemed there was a greater familiarity to be drawn from it.

"The Grey Thorn," Ochazuke grunted. "If your sister had preservation in mind, either she had a warped notion of your Queen's purpose, or Persephone's benevolence was a forceful condition."
    Morgan gave a momentary look of confusion at this, but said nothing and allowed events to continue.

He turned from her for a moment to survey the mural etched in the stone. Vortigern's image stood marked, prominent as the memory of the great victory that allowed this place to stand in the first place. The knights raised their swords, the mages' mouths frozen in the throes of an enchanted word. A monument to a curated memory. She is not the only one to excise the truth for their killer still walks.

"A homecoming for Rex, then." This had been the first time any of them had spoken his name. The wrappings over his hands stretched taught as Ochazuke clenched his fist. Pain shocked through the numbness on his broad back, and with it a sharpened focus. "Our quarry would search for respite within another dead place."

Against the black sky and the white snow, the gnawing grey burrowed deep into his subtle sense.

And still there was Humbert's last words, of grave Persephone who had tethered to this desolate, earthly clime something else; deep within that darkness peering, some harrowing ancient. Wondering. Watching. Waiting.

Zaofan clapping his hands together, ringing a sharp echo through the empty air surrounding the peak. "Seems like we'll all find our answers, then. Show us the way to the heart of the Mountain, and I'm sure we'll all find what we're looking for!"

Ochazuke, however, had no more mirth to spare than a bitter scoff. His eyes passed over the stone relief to the five totems upon the crown of Persphone's visage.

Pointing his finger to that ancient rune slashed from comprehensibility, he asked Morgan then.

"Your Mage spoke of the weakened seal. A scorned Ancient, perhaps?"
    "No....The seal speaks to something else. Though your not wrong about whom that represents......." Morgan looked up to the Rune to which Ochazuke was referring. "Nyarlathotep, The Faceless God, The Crawling Chaos of the Void.....the name is defiled upon every shrine in which it is placed by the will of the old ones. Never forgotten, but always reviled."

Summoning her magic, Morgan crafts a small vessel...akin to platform with seats and protection, that is then levitated via magic.

"I'll explain as we move..."

~~~~

The ride was surprisingly smooth all things considered. The convenience of a royalty grade familiar was slowly becoming apparent, with every exertion of magic performed with the muscle memory of a trained Maid. A climate controlled bubble of magic around the small platform prevented the wind from assailing them while filtering out the howl of passing air and...most importantly, the cold. It was like sitting in a warm room, surrounded by moving pictures of scenery. Offers of food were made, drinks...strangely enough Zaofan would find his seat oddly more regal/comfortable then the others, and when questioned would discover he had been given the equivalent to what the Queen would usually be seated in on royal excursion.

And when Erosa complained about there only being one royal seat.....Morgan made the offhand comment. "Well I can only have one master at a time, now can't I."

It took several conjured steaks and at least a dozen restrains to calm/contain the Id for the remainder of the flight...of which was spent explaining the situation a bit further.

As it turned out, the "seal" Humbert had been referring to was not some ancient mystical seal of magic like much of their adventure so far had led them to suspect. Rather....it was likely....

"A leaky pipe."

The words hung in the air, the utter mundanity of it in a world as mad as what the wastes had become making it a statement on par with "a giant planet destorying ape" in a sane world.

Realizing how it sounded, Morgan immediately cleared her throat. "Yes, I know how that sounds......let me give you some context."

"When we refer to the Tomb of the Queen....I suppose that brings a much different image of what its actual purpose is suppose to be, and likely intended that way. Its....A Disaster Shelter." Morgan nodded. "Built into the speaker mountain, its suppose to serve as a sealed, undetectable bunker to protect the Queen in the case of a major cataclysm...the Queen AND the fragment of the old one. "

Again....the chamber went quiet.

"Y..yes...I think I referred to this once before, but, The speaker mountain is where our Queen first learned the secrets of spellcasting from the old ones. There is....a fragment of one that rests in the depths of the mountain, encased in over 100 tons of solid magicite. The tomb was build around it, more for its protection then the queens really. This...is really all I know regarding the site itself....but energy is pumped up from the fragment via an elaborate transfer system that is used to power the tomb and the spellwork involve in keeping it safe."

"Once the Queen is safe within, along with her royal guard and any whom we can afford to carry....the tomb is sealed, and the spellwork activates."

Morgan lowers her head in thought. "What Humbert described....sounds like one, or even several of the energy conduits burst or began leaking filtered void energy. But....the Queen would have been able to repair such things easily. I can only assume that she was incapacitated somehow......"

"When we get there...if there is a high concentration of void energy, stay close to me....I'll do what I can to keep a bubble of space where it shouldn't cause you harm."

Once her briefing is concluded, Morgan steps over to Ochazuke with a puzzled expression on her face, seemingly nursing one off and on since they had left the ground. "Hey.....I, just wanted to make sure. Earlier you sounded like you knew something about the grey thorn? Is there a chance you know anything about what became of my sisters group?"

She shakes her head in wonder.

“That’s shocking. Here, you and him eat here for free. My treat.”
    Rose was likely very unaware of the grave and costly mistake she had just made. Sarada was considerate enough to not run up a large and expensive bill, but....

"I'M STILL HUNGRY!!"

...a three year old gave no shits about anything except what was on his plate. "I appreciate it. I'll be sure to leave you a big tip." She gave Rose a smile and let her get back to work. She stopped to grab more food before Mais broke the table or someone's eardrums with his incessant screaming. "Alright, alright. Here."

She placed six more plates down in front of him to shut him up. The little ass took after his mother in not even saying thank you for her service. *sigh* Me, a Queen, playing maid for some bratty toddler. What's the world coming to? "Hey, make sure you say thank you to Rose before we go."

"Who?"

"Rose." She pointed the teenage girl out and made sure he saw her by turning his head in that direction. "She said we can eat her for free, so show some kind of gratitude."

"'Kay!" He blinked and stared at Rose for a very long time, as some children were wont to do. Then, in as loud a voice as he could muster, he yelled, "Hey Rose! Thank you for the free food!!"

"Oh, goddamn it," Sarada muttered under her breath.

Mais dropped his fork. "Oh, goddamn it."

Sarada cradled her head in her hands.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Rose was likely very unaware of the grave and costly mistake she had just made. Sarada was considerate enough to not run up a large and expensive bill, but....

"I'M STILL HUNGRY!!"

...a three year old gave no shits about anything except what was on his plate. "I appreciate it. I'll be sure to leave you a big tip." She gave Rose a smile and let her get back to work. She stopped to grab more food before Mais broke the table or someone's eardrums with his incessant screaming. "Alright, alright. Here."

She placed six more plates down in front of him to shut him up. The little ass took after his mother in not even saying thank you for her service. *sigh* Me, a Queen, playing maid for some bratty toddler. What's the world coming to? "Hey, make sure you say thank you to Rose before we go."

"Who?"

"Rose." She pointed the teenage girl out and made sure he saw her by turning his head in that direction. "She said we can eat her for free, so show some kind of gratitude."

"'Kay!" He blinked and stared at Rose for a very long time, as some children were wont to do. Then, in as loud a voice as he could muster, he yelled, "Hey Rose! Thank you for the free food!!"

"Oh, goddamn it," Sarada muttered under her breath.

Mais dropped his fork. "Oh, goddamn it."

Sarada cradled her head in her hands.
    Rose laughs and brings over some more food, these ones deserts.

“It’s fine. I’ve got a few cousins his age around. They’re always loud and precocious.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Rose laughs and brings over some more food, these ones deserts.

“It’s fine. I’ve got a few cousins his age around. They’re always loud and precocious.”
    At the first sight of dessert, Mais forgot all about the food he was eating, shoving his plate to the side -- until its contents very nearly spilled into Sarada's lap -- to make room. With his freshly recovered fork, he dug in with reckless abandon, appearing to eschew chewing in favor of making it disappear in his face-hole whole.

Sarada sighed. "There's thousands just like him back home. Manners aren't something we Saiyans learn at an early age, typically." In fact, she was pretty sure she had never met a well-mannered Saiyan adult, much less a child. "Pretty sure mine will be the same way."

He appeared to have abandoned his original plate, so she decided to clear it for him. Only to have a tiny hand slapped over hers, with a "menacing" glare beaming up at her. "Alright, fine. Let your food get cold."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cyanna pushes back, swamping his mind like only she can, at high speed, "How dare you tell me who to hate and who not to hate!? You play around with other people's feelings and show no remorse? You use people like toys then throw them away. I won't stand for it, I am Cyanna Tur'quoise, Apprentice Guardian of the Chromakai and heir to the Chair of Lady Iris, disciple of the Silver Mage Lady Reimi, Sister to the Guardian of Chroma Meagan, and protector of the innocent. You will not mess with me or my friends, you will stand down and surrender or you will be taken out. Demons like you come from that horrible place, that other-world, and I will send you back there. There are warriors and guardians and mages and goddesses and gods and others with powers strong enough to turn you into a puddle of goo, I have seen them do it too, and I will make sure they know where to find you and they will find you and you will be sorry and regret what you are doing. You are a horrible demon, and nasty mean creature and you should be ashamed of yourself, though I doubt you know what it means ot be ashamed, you should learn some humility it would do you good. You should save yourself the wasted effort and just give up, or else you will be sorry." her emotions adding extra power to her psychic assault.
    Zerx gets a major headache and holds his head." Shut the hell up, and get out of my head. I can't stand this sentimental bullshit. You, mortals, are all the same," Zerx said.

"You, mortals, make a big fuss about morals and protecting the innocent. Deep down, all you mortals just want to kill each other. Bloodshed and violence is in you mortals nature. I witness you mortals go to war over the pettiest," Zerx said.

" All it takes is one push to make you mortals break your moral compasses. I had a lot of fun breaking Araxat's mortal compass, and getting her to feel nothing but hate!" Zerx said as she shapeshifts into former decease Toadian Queen Yaztoh

" Poor Araxat ten years ago, you thought Yaztoh had tormented you. When, in fact, it was me along. I got you to start this war all just for the hell of it. I just want to see fireworks and as much bloodshed as possible," Zerx said.

Zerx points at Killrog." Ah, Killrog, I had a hand in your creation. I convinced that false Guardian here Zykona. To genetically modified a Replita egg with various DNA from creatures from other planets," Zerx said.

" Oh, about Zykona. It was fun tricking her 2,000 years ago into thinking she was the current Guardian of this planet. After the destruction of her homeworld Konats, I took advantage of her vulnerability. In her state of mind, it was so easy to get her to think she was the Guardian of this planet," Zerx said.

Praxat uses her X-ray vision on Zerx and discovers that he doesn't have a heart. Instead, he has what looks like a red gemstone.

( I will not give into you Zerx, and neither will my friends. What you did to Praxat's grandmother Araxat is downright horrible. You are a downright despicable creature with absolutely no remorse!) Althena said telepathically
    My Forum check it out