Page 190 of 294 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded when Nevanlinna finally responded, and was seemingly pleased that her requests had been acquiesced to. And while there was not much to be said about the gardening -- a thing that was likely the most cut and dry of all that had been asked -- there were a few things worth following up on. Namely ...

"Good, good ! As to the Council I wish to ... construct," the Oni said running before running through a quick mental checklist. "... I would require special permissions for Ochazuke, Parsley, Sarada, Etrina, Blizzar, and ... yourself. At least so far as the more 'clandestine' aspects of what it is I wish to discuss and perhaps plan ahead for are concerned. Foremost of which is the information acquired on the First Race ... among other things."

Moving on the Oni bowed appreciatively at Nevanlinna's permission to move Tatenen.

"For five-thousand years I thought it dead ... and yet the Elementals there had managed some semblance of life by means of hibernation. I would not see their legacy lost due to my failings. As for the additional request it is ... tied to the planet itself." The Oni said, eyes twinkling. "Due to the restorative nature of this place, I intend to use magic to ... distort the flow of time upon the planet to an absurd degree. Both to speed up the healing process as it were; and for my own purposes." She explained.

"If successful, I would then be spending ... one standard year on the planet. Which I ... presume would require your permission ? As I would not be leaving Tatenen, and by extension, Vaikuntha, for the duration."
    As they were listed, Nevanlinna added each member of this 'war council' to Vaikuntha's whitelist. All that was needed now was to construct those 'keys' and dole them out... though in this case, the keys would be a bit different from what she planned to give to the rest of the rabble.

"They've been given permission," said Nevanlinna. "Assuming they have a portal or a means to create one--which I will provide as soon as possible--they will be able to enter my demesne. As for your idea... I have no objections. As I said, preserving it feels... right."

She leaned forward. "However, I do have some requests of my own. First... Sir Luop has agreed to help me construct an armor much like his, which will no doubt increase my combat effectiveness, but in order to do so... I require the services of magic forger. Seeing as you are well-traveled, might you know of any skilled magic forgers?"

She paused for a moment. "Next, and... this is a bit of a personal request, but I wish to gift one of those fruits of yours to Seri. She is... very rambunctious, as you recall, and it would certainly soothe my nerves for her to have quick access to a potent healing item such as that."

"And third... this is but to sate my curiosity, but I would hear of the history of this planet you wish to preserve. The name... Tatenen is familiar, somehow, though I cannot quite place why." She was curious, yes, but that feeling of familiarity tugged at the back of her mind, and it was becoming quite vexing.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    As they were listed, Nevanlinna added each member of this 'war council' to Vaikuntha's whitelist. All that was needed now was to construct those 'keys' and dole them out... though in this case, the keys would be a bit different from what she planned to give to the rest of the rabble.

"They've been given permission," said Nevanlinna. "Assuming they have a portal or a means to create one--which I will provide as soon as possible--they will be able to enter my demesne. As for your idea... I have no objections. As I said, preserving it feels... right."

She leaned forward. "However, I do have some requests of my own. First... Sir Luop has agreed to help me construct an armor much like his, which will no doubt increase my combat effectiveness, but in order to do so... I require the services of magic forger. Seeing as you are well-traveled, might you know of any skilled magic forgers?"
    "Ah yes ... the art of Alchemy may well be as dead as its progenitor; yet its core tenet remains ever-present." Ishtar replied, with a soft chuckle and glimmer in her eye. "For all things, there exists an equivalence of cost ..." she muttered, before chuckling again. "I know of an Artificer that is unparalleled in matters of the Arcane, yes. Though I daresay you might have asked for something a little less troublesome."

The Oni muttered something other her breath, before shrugging her shoulders.

"She is not like to leave her ... forge without sufficient reason however; so it will be upon us to track her down and make your request."

She paused for a moment. "Next, and... this is a bit of a personal request, but I wish to gift one of those fruits of yours to Seri. She is... very rambunctious, as you recall, and it would certainly soothe my nerves for her to have quick access to a potent healing item such as that."
    "This however," the Oni said with a small smile, "is something far more within my means to handle. An Enseiji she shall have."

"And third... this is but to sate my curiosity, but I would hear of the history of this planet you wish to preserve. The name... Tatenen is familiar, somehow, though I cannot quite place why." She was curious, yes, but that feeling of familiarity tugged at the back of her mind, and it was becoming quite vexing.
    There was a flicker of ... something, in Ishtar's eyes when Nevanlinna spoke of a familiarity with Tatenen; and the glimmer was replaced with a rather probing stare. "Not a world most would know, as long as it has been since I shattered it. Sarada or one of those few others who I have told expressly, make mention of it, perhaps ?"

A queer silence settled in then for several heartbeats, before the Oni's golden eyes softened and she sighed. "Forgive me ... I am not at all fond of the memories of what transpired; and less still of what I learned no more than three days ago." That trip to the past in the White-Gold Room, a thing she much needed to return to. And yet there was still so much to do before she could allocate the time ... "In any case," the Oni muttered as she clawed her way back to the present. "I will speak briefly to spare you the boredom.

Five thousand, one-hundred and twenty three years ago. I fell in love." A rather cliche start all things considered and yet that was the simple truth of it. "Though I knew little of my true nature, and the bond I developed -- one that might be considered 'spiritual' by any measure other than mine -- allowed me to suffer in excruciating detail when she was beaten, and executed ... the feedback ... dying vicariously like that ... I did not handle it well." The Oni said before continuing, "I embraced Hakai for the first time then, but it was ... improper. More a beast than anything truly alive, I ripped through the inhabitants of Illargi, the Moon of Tatenen; and only once I had finished did I drain the satellite of its energy and annihilate it."

The Oni frowned.

"Tatenen was merely a victim of my ... weakness. As when its Moon descended, it shattered too."

The face -- her face -- twisted by the black energy she now wielded fully, flashed in her mind's eye; and for a moment Ishtar felt otherworldly cold as the mental barrier's she'd erected before embarking upon the Coldlight all-but failed. And for a moment she wished the battle against the Doctor had not ended so swiftly as it had ... far easier was it, to set aside her troubles and simply do, when combat beckoned. A trait she picked up from Sarada, surely ... but one that had proven quite useful.

With a shake of her head, the golden-eyed Oni flashed a smile that failed to reach her eyes and said simply.

"One hopes that is enough, yes ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The following morning after the gang arrived back on earth, Praxat wakes up and takes out her cellphone. ( Hmm I should ask Jinzi if he has some of that Ultra Katchin I can use? However, first I'm In the mood for Zeef Roast. So I better ask Sraxat if it's possible for her to send the ingredients for it to Earth," ) Praxat thought.

Praxat calls her sister Sraxat and puts her on video chat." Hey Praxy What's up," Sraxat said.

" You look like your in the middle of something. Maybe I should call you back. I don't want to mess up your cooking," Praxat said.

" Nah it's fine Praxy. So what did you call me for?" Sraxat said.

" I what to know if you can send the ingredients for your Zeef Roast to Earth?" Praxat said.

" Sure I can do that, but I need to borrow one of Grandmother's inventions. It's a miniature portal device that can send items from one place to another. I'm sure it can send stuff to other planets," Sraxat said.

" That's great so can you send the ingredients over right now?" Praxat said.

" It's going to take a moment first I need to find Grandmother's laboratory. It's never in one spot and is also moving around at random intervals. Honestly, it's quite bothersome that her laboratory never stays in one place. I call you back if I'm able to get the device from Grandmother," Sraxat said.

Praxat walks around the Lookout. As she waits for her sister to call back. After 2 hours have passed, Praxat gets a call from her sister Sraxat." Praxy I got some good news " Sraxat said.

" I will be able to send you the ingredients to my Zeef Roast to Earth. However, Grandmother won't let me touch her device, but she told me she's going to help me send the ingredients over," Sraxat said.

" Now do you what the ingredients sent to your current location or do you what the ingredients sent somewhere else on Earth?" Sraxat said.

( Hmm I should send the food to somewhere else and pick it up there. ) Praxat thought.

Praxat gives her sister Sraxat the coordinates to Khan's house on Earth. Meanwhile, at Khan's place, Khan is about to go to work. When suddenly a portal opens up in the middle of his living room and out of it pops a bunch of containers.

Khan jumps back. ( What the hell where did all these damn containers come from? Dammit stuff just appearing out of nowhere is just plain weird,) Khan thought.

Later Praxat arrives at Khan's place. Picks up the containers and heads back to the Lookout. Once back on the Lookout.

She looks at the labels on the containers written in Frogiaria. ( Yeah These are the ingredients to my sister's Zeef Roast alright. Now to find Zaofan and hand these containers to him,) Praxat thought.

Before heading off to find Zaofan. Praxat makes sure to use a pen to write the ingredients in English. Afterward, she goes off looking for Zaofan.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-04-2019 at 01:45 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Some months after the M Fighters' return

"This is Galaxy Police Prisoner Transfer Unit no. 852, requesting clearance to pass through the Aegis Gate."

"Processing.....Clearance Granted. Safe Journeys no. 852..."

Captain Prova clicked off the communicator and inclined back in his seat. It would be be smooth sailing until they reached the prison. GP prison facilities often lay in deep unpopulated regions of space amidst fields of asteroids. The GP had set up mobile clearance checkpoints that auto-located sage passages through the fields and locked them off for all bit transports with the correct 'paperwork', so to speak. His co-pilot, Officer Munst took a seat and sighed, his beak chomping down on some lunch. "Who are the unlucky tenants this time?" He inquired to the captain.

"You don't know?!" Prova asked, aghast. "Weren't you at the briefings?!"

"...You are aware of how many hours a day we've gotta make these trips, Captain?" Munst chuckled. "Briefings are my naptime. Get there early, look good in the process, and pick a nice secluded spot where they can't spot me nodding off."

Prova grumbled to himself.

"Hey, if it's any consolation, I at least try to keep up with the first twenty minutes or so," Munst shrugged. "After that it's zzzzZZZZzzzzz," Munst pretended to nod off in mock sleep. "Still haven't answered my question, y'know..."

'It's the Tuffles," Prova explained after a moment. "Figured the extra security bits would give that away."

"Oh ****, really?!" Munst muttered, leaning back in his seat. "Poor bastards..."

"Murdered hundreds...potentially more..." Prova reminded.

"Yeah, okay, but I mean...it ain't right, but who can blame 'em got thinking that was the way?" Munst shrugged. "Everything stripped away from them, forgotten by history, their homes stolen, hundreds of their own dead....and then the people who screwed them over decide to play nice all of the sudden and bam...they have all the clout the Tuffles once had...and maybe more."

"Committing an atrocity is understandable?" Prova asked.

"I mean if I was pushed into a corner and lost everything...not entirely sure if listen to reason," Munst concluded, turning towards a blinking light on his monitor. "Uh...no good. One of the bits is down. ....And another! Asteroid?!"

"No, we're in the clear remember?" Prova asked. "Someone's taking them out," he stood up, flicking a switch and sounding the alarm aboard the ship, signaling the guards to deploy outside and check out the disturbance outside. "Nothing we can do now but stay on course. I just hope the guards are more alert than you are..."

"Think it's more Tuffles?" Munst questioned, ignoring the insult or perhaps to worried to register it.

"Or their benefactors..." Prova murmured. Something wasn't right. How did an assailant get by without being detected by their ship's radar? Unless their attacker was on their lonesome. That...could prove problematic, any further thought was interrupted by a sudden explosion to the vessel's hull.

Instinctively both Prova and Munst clicked a button on their helmets, their visors coming down and rebreathers connecting to their face. Amidst the smoke and rubble they could spot a lone figure. Munst, having joined the GP only a few years ago....and having never read the briefings did not recognize the man but Prova stood back, raising his blaster on preparation for a fight. One that he knew he had no hopes of winning.

"Lantro..." Prova uttered, the mention of the name instantly prompting Munst to raise his blaster as well.

"You kiddin' me...?" Munst frowned. "How the **** are we supposed to deal with him?"

"You don't..." Lantro himself answered. "Don't worry about your guards, by the way. They're alive. I understand you all are just doing your jobs, but....as always, the ball's in my court now. I'll make sure you're found...but for now...I'll be comandeering this vessel....or what's left of it."

....What? Court?! a the officer stood puzzled for a second, but their mission was clear. They didn't agree on much, but they both silently concluded they wouldn't let this vessel get stolen without a fight.

Before their fingers could pull on their triggers, Lantro had sped towards both, aiming a punch at both of their stomachs, instantly knocking the wind out of them. As they slumped down into unconsciousness, Lantro activated the distress beacons on the two officers' shoulders. They would be found. But by the then, Lantro would be long gone.

Lantro took the two officers and calmly tossed them out of out now the hole he ripped open in the ship, allowing them to drift off near near the guards that had been quickly dispatched. Lantro quickly rushed to the ships control panels. From there he punched through the navigation system and smiled as he drew out and subsequently crushed the ship's tracker. GP ship design still hadn't changed all that much it seemed.

From there, the half-Saiyan flew back outside the ship and without so much as a glance towards the officers that had been left behind, he began to haul the vessel....and the Tuffles it contained, towards an isolated planet, away from those who sought to wrongly imprison them.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 10-03-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Indeed.

Held needs to get off his butt and inventory his loot too.

"Good Grief, Incenio might have been a bastard, but the man knew how to...." Held paused, wiping sweat from his brow. "I want to say hoard, but almost everything here is so high quality, I can't even deny that it's a collectors wet dream...."

It had taken hours for Held to even begin to sort the items in his newfound collection by size, shape, potential origin in terms of species, and pure aesthetic qualities.

It would take yet more time to write them on his new manifest, before shipping them to his permanent residence on earth, or placing some in his ship, once Jinzi had found the time to repair it.

The rest, those parts he saw little value in for himself, would likely be sold. Some would be donated, perhaps as a show of good will to....

Well, did he really need good will? He had saved this planet so many times, he lost count.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his head as he gave a cursory examination to see if anything had caught his sight.

"It's a good thing I have an eye better than any appraiser; I'd spend a small fortune in fees alone, otherwise."

Wrapping Things up

Around this time, Aleka thought she enough idea of what she wanted from Cthylla conversation wise and that was to get a feel of them. It wasn't to say she fully trusted them, that had to be earned but if her words were truthful she could at least trust in their self interest. Many questions lingered in the woman's mind and there were some she wasn't quite sure she wanted the answer to, at least not for this moment.

"I going to find some place to sleep, but it was a interesting conversation." As she left, she paused, briefly glancing at the sleeping martial artist. "All said, remember at the end of the day despite all your observing you're dealing with people at the end of the day. The big guy hardly needs me to knight for him, and while we may not yet be friends from his view I do respect them. He lost someone precious to them today. Keep that in mind."

Without another word the woman was gone.

______

After the initial hustle died off and everyone began saying good bye's and saying farewell's Aleka had taken what she did best when not having a immediate objective; wandering. Karine had went to the stars with her mate and his mother, and while others like the Sayain sisters returned to their planet. It seemed like most of everyone had some sort of goal or purpose once the immediate threat was dealt with, but herself? In a way she still felt like that lingering ghost that wandered beyond its expiration date, there in greeting but just as quickly to leave once one turned around to look at them.

There was still her training for her enemy for a bit of a longer goal but what after?

No easy answers came and while she had ideas, she wasn't sure which path she'd take in the end. All of her original plans and ideas seemed like reflections of a future she had lost when her family had passed on, while others didn't feel nearly as satisfying. That was why, perhaps, she was staying in a earth forest for some survival training and using as little Ki as people except for when needed at the time.

There was a sense of peace about it to clear a troubled mind, and maybe it give her the proper clarity she needed for the future.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Good Grief, Incenio might have been a bastard, but the man knew how to...." Held paused, wiping sweat from his brow. "I want to say hoard, but almost everything here is so high quality, I can't even deny that it's a collectors wet dream...."

It had taken hours for Held to even begin to sort the items in his newfound collection by size, shape, potential origin in terms of species, and pure aesthetic qualities.

It would take yet more time to write them on his new manifest, before shipping them to his permanent residence on earth, or placing some in his ship, once Jinzi had found the time to repair it.

The rest, those parts he saw little value in for himself, would likely be sold. Some would be donated, perhaps as a show of good will to....

Well, did he really need good will? He had saved this planet so many times, he lost count.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his head as he gave a cursory examination to see if anything had caught his sight.

"It's a good thing I have an eye better than any appraiser; I'd spend a small fortune in fees alone, otherwise."
    The loot as broken down:

-Nine masterwork paintings from across the cosmos. Two of which no longer exist in Held’s timeline, one being Nevadian and the other Arcorian.

-74 weapons. 16 are various blaster types and the other 58 are hand to hand melee weapons. Four are made of katchin, and amongst them gleams the Silver Spear that is a near twin to Held’s Golden one.

-4 master work full sized marble statutes.

-30 suits of various armies, from human to Nevadian to Saiyan to Arcosian, all in perfect condition

-14 fist sized gems of various galactic origins, including two Held doesn’t even recognize.

-2 dark blue dragon balls with green stars, seven and six stars respectively.

-35 million galactic credits.

-4 bottles of rare alcohol.

-1 bottle of a bronze liquid you don’t recognize.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

The loot as broken down:

-Nine masterwork paintings from across the cosmos. Two of which no longer exist in Held’s timeline, one being Nevadian and the other Arcorian.

-74 weapons. 16 are various blaster types and the other 58 are hand to hand melee weapons. Four are made of katchin, and amongst them gleams the Silver Spear that is a near twin to Held’s Golden one.

-4 master work full sized marble statutes.

-30 suits of various armies, from human to Nevadian to Saiyan to Arcosian, all in perfect condition

-14 fist sized gems of various galactic origins, including two Held doesn’t even recognize.

-2 dark blue dragon balls with green stars, seven and six stars respectively.

-35 million galactic credits.

-4 bottles of rare alcohol.

-1 bottle of a bronze liquid you don’t recognize.
    Held fought the urge to shout a primal scream of victory at his haul, suppressing it only out of fear that Blizzar would recognize the sound of a man drowning in the victory of fortune.

Where would he even begin? The Paintings alone, would require a new house--Nay, a mansion--to properly display them in their glory. Held /almost/ considered gifting the Acrosian painting to Blizzar, but decided to keep it as a memento of his splendid victory over the monstrous Incenio.

The Statues would need a garden to properly house them, wouldn't they? Or maybe a museum? But, what museum could house such splendor?

The logistics of his bounty were such that he could scarcely think of where to begin. Armor, weapons, money...It was a bit dizzying.

"Breathe, Held. Breathe." He muttered to himself, sitting on the floor with a thud as he compartmentalized his focus. "What's the most important, and let's work from there..."

That was simple. Incenio had Dragonballs? But how? Were these from his world? Held had no idea that his universe even carried Dragonballs... They seemed vaguely familiar, but he couldn't exactly place them, save that they were different from the ones that summoned Tiamat.

He made a mental note to investigate further. Perhaps one of the others would have some idea.

He gently pushed the two balls to a pile he mentally noted for investigation, along with two gems, and an odd liquid he could not identify.

These bothered him, to think that there was something that he was unfamiliar with, despite his considerable experience. They also added to his excitement, his treasure senses tingling like never before.

But, there was also a sense of apprehension, with one object as the source.

That spear.

It looked disturbingly familiar to his own, save for a luster of silver, instead of gold. His own--Or rather his primary--silver spear was roughly half the size of his golden spear, but this one seems to have done away with that distinction.

It was clearly a weapon of quality, rivaling that of his own weapon. It was a pity he lacked the time to investigate Incenios universe further--Whatever he had left unscathed. It seemed as if there were questions only that world could answer.

Then again. Research and Experimentation were always an option.

"....I guess if I ask Eva or Ishtar, they might have an idea about the Dragonballs atleast..." He mumbled to himself, returning these curiosities to a capsule for investigation, save the Silver Spear, which he picked up, assessing the weight and build of it.

"I guess I'll have to figure out the rest on my own...."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "On the contrary." Cornered on a boat adrift to nowhere, Ochazuke surveyed the figure where she stood in the fixture of this memory. The flow of time stopped, his recall of these days so long ago stilled the further this divergence progressed.

"Time, passed without purpose, rather swiftly loses its meaning. And adrift without direction, that can hardly be called decisive."

The silence around them was gradually broken by the trill over the horizon.

"And if where we are is not sufficient, it can hardly be the place where you desire, wouldn't you agree? Therefore, who is to say, truly, that they have both the capacity to make and understand their choices for themselves? Perhaps you presume too much."

The low, guttural call of birds. The sound of a thousand wings began to fill the air. Stuck between the Twin Tigers, the only thing he could do was settle in this semantic reprieve with the visitor.

"Them?" he said in response to her question. "There was a time I might have called them family. But friends...even now, that would be a lie."

The water around them thickened, opaque, as the blood spread around them. Though unable to escape this vision, Ochazuke pressed back and withdrew into himself. He knew all too well that the calling Cranes were not native to this area. They couldn't see it either, where he stood to carry them until it was far too late.

"...but you're forgetting, stranger. What do you do with enemies?"

Raising his hand, he pointed a finger straight towards Cthylla. A Dodonpa.

"They never knew my name. How is it that you speak it so freely?"
    "Because I am not them." Cthylla answered. "...and you are not my enemy."

The girls eyes focus upon his extended finger. "You have the power to banish me from here, if that is your wish....I will hold no ill will. However...." The girl pulled her hand from the water and held it out slowly. "I wish to show you something that can only be seen here.....in dreams. Then you'll understand what kind of traveler I am, and what it is I offer."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It had been some time since his mind had thought of these lands, but then again, did one often contemplate over the blades of grass trampled beneath their feet? Nature had sought to reclaim the battle-scarred wastes, yet he saw only barren ice and misery.

To think, these tundras were once home to a grand civilization that had flourished far beyond his watchful eye.

The biting cold, something far beyond the natural, reminded him that they had broken one of the taboos of the natural world. This civilization had sought to harness power they were not yet meant to control and it had corrupted them in his eyes. Death had clung to these lands long after he had purged them from this world, but it appeared that much like the Hexlands, the infection of their actions had buried itself deep into the lands. It would explain where the pathetic Gris-Gris had gotten their foolish ideas from, believing themselves superior in a once-proven fool's errand.

Thinking about it made him irritable and as much as he wanted to scour these lands to the bedrock to start again, he was here for a reason.

This blight upon the Earth was saturated with the memories of the dead and lingered with ancient power. As he had foreseen the future, his past self had given him a fine-aged meal and he intended to feast to his fill.
    After another 45 minutes of flight, he arrives at his destination.

There is no visible difference in the scenery, but he had reached what was once the city limits. The memory club fresh in his mind despite the ages of time between then and now. Deep beneath the snow was likely the ruins of many a house, building, farm...all of it stretching on for miles and miles. The mages in their hubris, had no qualms in the late hours of their kingdom of altering the ambient weather of the area to suit their needs.....they had forgotten the very reasons they had hidden away, intoxicated by the opulence of their own cage.

On the day he came, they were given a grim reminder...of why they once lived in fear of his kind.

The outskirts had been the first to fall, and as he flew over the icy husk of what remained....he could feel unseen eyes looking up upon him. If they existed, or were merely the ghosts of the past marking the occasion of his second coming.....that would remain to be....

No, there were signs of something far below.

Humans, a large group of them in a camp below. He sensed there life, and their magic....before the wisps of smoke from their many fires came into view.

Default Signs of Life

It...

Rising and falling like the entirety of the world rested on the chest of a giant, he could feel the rocking long before he came to consciousness. His eyes opened once, only to see blobs of color and movement, and they closed before opening moments later, greeted by the clarity of his sight. He was on a boat, surrounded by blue to each horizon.

"Hmm?"

Hearing someone, he looked to see a shadow.

No... it was a person. A boy, roughly his age.

His age?

How old was he?

Who was he?

It hurts...

"Calm down," The boy said, "You've been through a lot."

The pain intensified and for a moment, he saw his body, charred and blackened.

This is me?!

He gasped and shrieked, but the boy placed his hand on his shoulder and he found his body unscathed, "You're safe now, you can trust me." His panicked breathing began to subside and slowly did he begin to relax.

"Wh-who... who are you?" His voice was hoarse from unuse.

When was the last I spoke?

"I'm Lao Long," The boy said, "I'm a friend."

A friend?

Did he know him?

Who was he?

Lao Long took a long look at him before the boy next spoke, "You've been asleep for some time. They're waiting for you."

They?

"Where... where am I?"

"You're in a paracosm," Lao Long replied.

Paracosm?

Looking around, he saw only the ocean and the meager decorum of the boat they rode in. His attention drifted as Lao Long looked past the bow of the vessel, only to look back at him, "I wish I could explain everything in detail, but we're short on time. Now that you've returned, you'll need to catch up to the others."

"Catch up?"

"Oh! There it is..."

Following Lao Long's gaze, he peered out into the horizon, seeing nothing at first. After a few moments, a distinct shape began to emerge from the fogs of obscurity. It was an island, or so he could assume, from which a grand building rested upon. A faint glow emanated above it, provided by a massive halo-like structure that seemingly defied gravity.

"What is that?" He found himself saying, his voice barely a harsh gasp.

"That," Lao Long said, "Is Arcadia."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Saiyan Matrimony I

It was all over the news and the internet.

“My sister, Parsley, was unjustly slain by the Tuffles last year, yet she lives again thanks to the dragonballs. She, too, is a Super Saiyan.”
    Sarada boisterous cry could be heard all over Vocado and the other Saiyan worlds. She was a Super Saiyan. So, too, was Parsley. To say that Parsley was annoyed was an understatement. Not only had Sarada unveiled her newfound power before she had a chance to show it off herself, but she also revealed the circumstances of her unheralded return.

She was certain her sister didn't mean any harm. Almost certainly, she was caught up in the moment. Still, this was not something Parsley wanted. She didn't want to be the center of attention, nor did she want millions of prying eyes staring down at her and asking her questions. Those gazes would surely turn scrutinizing as they over-analyzed her every move to see if she had really changed or if she was still the same would-be despot who swore to purge every single hybrid Saiyan from the Empire like she was the second coming of Otatop.

Sadly, exactly that was going to happen, thanks to her cretinous, shortsighted fool of a sister.

“Don't get so upset with her,” Avoca reasoned. “You know how she can get sometimes.”

“Tch.”

It looked like Sarada was headed toward Mt. Oozaru for some reason, so Parsley decided to meet her there and teach her a lesson. She stood and headed for the window.

“Hey!”

“I'll be back shortly.” With that, she leaped out and took off for the most famous mountain in the Saiyan Empire.

She arrived shortly after, but still some time after Sarada. Her power wasn't around the mountain, but within it. Raising an eyebrow, she considered the possibilities. There was some kind of cavern carved into the mountain, or perhaps Sarada had crash landed and found herself trapped within millions of tons of rock and ice.

The latter wasn't possible, so there must have been a cave of some kind. She slowly circled the mountain until she found a set of large doors that she had never noticed until that moment. Interesting. Could the rumors be true, then? There were stories that Vocado used to have a Guardian who helped the monarch rule the planet. Obviously, these stories were treated as just stories, but this cave being carved expertly into the heart of the mountain was giving her pause.

She had also heard murmurs that Maiz had been chosen to re-initiate this program, but Parsley never gave it much thought. She had been far too busy preparing for the tournament at that time.

As she walked through the well-lit cavern, she noticed the statues lined up against the walls. One was a Namekian, and the rest were Saiyans. The rumors must be true. The deeper inward she got, the more clearly she could heard a pair of voice from further within. One was, without doubt, Sarada. The other was Maiz.

Her heart started to beat faster as her mother figure's voice grew louder and more understandable. They were conversing about the Meat Market and how to renovate it. She recalled – through the veil of her simmer rage – that Sarada mentioned something about the Market being a place the people there could be proud to call home.

An admirable feat, if they accomplish it. It had long been a den of villainy and despair for as long as she could remember.

She emerged from the hall and entered what appeared to be a small sitting area. There, with their backs to her, were Sarada and Maiz.

The latter turned and smiled. “Hello, daughter.”

Parsley's legs carried her of their own free will. She ran up to Maiz and threw her arms around her.

Maiz held her tightly, as if afraid she was going to leave her again. “Pinach and Rutaba told me all about your new power when they returned. You, a Super Saiyan.” She stepped back so she could look Parsley in the eye. “I'm so proud of you, Parsley. Of both of you, but especially you. I was afraid you had lost your way for good, but Sarada told me you changed into a completely different person.”

She frowned and looked away. “I had to die to realize how wrong I was. About everything.”

“Sometimes, that's what it takes. To be stripped down until nothing is left, not even pride. When all that is left is ash and dust, what grows in response is even more beautiful and bountiful than before.” Her smile grew brighter as she looked at her oldest daughter.

“It doesn't feel like it.” It felt empty and ugly inside. She knew that Maiz was right – she was usually right about a lot of things – but it didn't feel like it.

Maiz finally released her and stepped back. “I know. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. But, if you ever need to talk, I'm always here. And with all these abilities that being Guardian gives me, I'm more able to help now than I ever was in the past.”

She was the Guardian. She knew this was all Sarada's doing. An obvious choice, but there was no doubting Maiz was the best – and really only – choice. “Thank you. We'll be spending a lot of time together now.”

She nodded happily. “So, Sarada informed me of your adventures on Earth, in so many details. I was hoping you could provide some greater detail about this time nonsense.”

She nodded and sat down.

Six hours had passed by the time Parsley finally returned to her and Avoca's apartment. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that Maiz was right. She had been stripped of everything that comprised her entire being. What grew in its place was greater than anything she could have accomplished before. She was a better, stronger person. She was humble – if she was allowed to say so – and much more of a team player. The others liked her and she – for the most part – liked them.

Speaking of beautiful and bountiful. Avoca was sitting on the sofa watching a movie. Azura was curiously absent. “I'm back.”

“How'd it go?” Avoca asked absently.

“It went fine. I actually forgot Sarada was even there.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

“Believe it.” She sat down next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. “So, where's Azura?” she answered.

“Pinach and Rutaba came by to see you. She left with them to do kid ****.”

“Ah.” That was the entire reason she brought the girl here. They would be able to connect with her far better than Parsley could. With that settled and with her out of the house, Parsley could finally do what she had been wanting to do since she got there.

And she did. At the cost of her bed. A shame, as it was such a nice bed, but the Avoca's pleasure was well worth. As was the view; that always justified any amount of household destruction in Parsley's mind. And as they laid bed together, Avoca's head on Parsley's chest, she felt complete. The one person she wanted in this universe was right there in her arms.

“Be my lifemate,” she stated out of the blue.

“Alright.”

Exactly the answer she had been expecting, given in exactly the manner she expected. She hugged her soon to be life-mate – or wife, as the humans called it – tightly. “I love you. More than anything.”

“...when'd you get so soft?” She shook her head. “Whatever. I love you too, I guess. I suppose a big softie like you wants to have a kid, too, yeah?”

She hadn't given it much thought, but she did like the sound of it. Parsley, the mother of her own little ones. She had reached that age when she was beginning to think about starting a family of her own. There was no time like the present, and with science having progressed as much as it had, it was more than possible for two women to have a child without mating with a man.

“I would like that,” she responded, only to quickly add, “only if that's what you want, too.”

“Makes no difference to me. I won't be carrying the thing.”

“...what?”

“You heard me.”

“Why do I have to carry it?”

“It should be obvious.” When it was clear that Parsley didn't understand, she sighed. “Because you're a lot stronger, so the baby would be much stronger if it had your DNA or whatever.”

“I don't really believe in that nonsense anymore. It's fine if you carry it.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

She sighed tersely and narrowed her eyes. “Fine. There's only one reasonable way to settle this.” Instead of suggesting that they have two children, with each of them carrying one, she raised her fist.

“Oh ho! What is this?!”

“Best two of three.”

“Parsley, you've never beaten me at Rochambeau, and you're not about to start.” As if to prove her point, she beat Parsley two straight times. “See?”

“...best three out of five.” Three out of five became four out of seven, five out of nine, so on and so forth for an eternity. Avoca never lost. After fifty-one straight games, Parsley finally admitted defeat. “Tch.”

Avoca laughed and pecked her on the cheek. “You finally come to your senses. I was actually feeling second-hand embarrassment. Now then.” She shifted so that she was on top of her. “How 'bout we start practicing, bottom bitch?”

She growled and glared weakly at her. “Shut up.”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Saiyan Matrimony II

They agreed to having their pairing ceremony in two weeks. They would have had it before then, but with the Meat Market renovation discussions taking up much of Maiz's time – Parsley wanted her to do the thing – it was better to wait.

A good thing. The day they originally had chosen happened to be the day two Arcosians decided to attack. Parsley was awoken by a relatively large bundle of energy descending quickly. She wanted to act quickly, but Sarada acted faster. Before anyone knew what was going on, it was over. “Hm.” She had seen her sister excel as a fighter time and again as a defender of Earth, but this was the first time she had seen her as Vocado's champion. Even though her loss in the Tournament still stung somewhat, she could admit that her sister was a better Queen than she would have thought.

The dead soldiers were cleaned, carved up, and preserved to be served after the ceremony. She would have to send gratitude to whoever sent Blizz and Cooled for the also sending such a delectable buffet, as well.

Saiyan pairing ceremonies were nothing special. They usually consisted of the two people getting paired, their family, and close friends. The public usually didn't care enough to bother showing up. Only the most popular people got a crowd of over twenty.

They were short, simple affairs, lasting only a few minutes at best. The two shared a few words before slicing their palms open with a ceremonial knife and letting the blood drip into a bowl. The blood mixed together, representing the bond the two then shared. They took turns drinking the coalesced blood, signifying that they bonded, to the point that the same blood pumped through their veins.

Once it was done, they were paired for life. Only death would separate them. How that death came about varied by circumstances.

When the day finally came, Parsley was nervous. She had never done anything this before.

“I always thought me and Ishtar would get paired first,” came Sarada's voice from behind her. Her sister had insisted on holding the ceremony in a private room in the palace. She knew exactly why.

“So did I. What's the hold up?”

“We're both super busy.” It was as good a reason as any to hold back. “I'm really happy for you, Parsley. Here.” She held out a brown box.

She knew what was inside. Even still, when she opened it, her breath still caught in her throat. It was another [img=https://imgtc.ws/i/RzOqIUe.jpg]set of royal armor[/img], one emblazoned with the Saiyan royal crest. It was a nice gesture, the second time Sarada had given her such an armor. Yet, that wasn't what had her speechless.

It was the small necklace laying on top of the armor. It was similar to Sarada, but slightly different and smaller. It was the same that Mato's oldest son wore when he was still King of Vocado. Whoever wore it was recognized as next in line to the throne.

She looked down at the necklace, a solid lump formed in her throat. It took all her might to not let the tears fall. She looked up at her sister and saw the same dopey grin on her face that she almost always had. “Why?” was all she could say.

“Because there are few people that I trust more than you.”

“...” Even after everything they had been through, everything she had done and said to her throughout their childhood, her being one of the reasons Sarada was taken and molested when she was a child. Despite all that, that she could still trust Parsley with anything... it said a lot. “Thank you.”

“You're welcome.”

If Saiyans chose to show more emotion, that exchange would have been much more monumental.

She changed into her new armor and slipped the necklace around her neck. “How do I look?”

Sarada gave her a thumbs up. “Like a real Saiyan princess. Now hurry up and get hitched. I got **** to do.”

The private room was filled to capacity. She saw Maiz, Sarada and Ishtar, Pinach, Rutaba, and Azura, and – oddly – her parents. She hadn't spoken to them since her father called her the devil. Still there were so many more. She didn't have any friends on Vocado, but had plenty on Earth. She didn't know how, but many of the M-Fighters were there. There were even gifts on a table in the back, including what looked like a bouquet... made out of muffins.

She sighed inwardly and moved to stand across from Avoca. There was a table in front of them with a ceremonial knife and a glass bowl. Maiz stood on the other side across from there.

“Alright, let's get this over with,” Maiz stated promptly. “Each of you say your piece.”

Avoca went first. “Okay. When I first met you, I thought you were an *******. Now, all these years later, I still think that. But, you're my ******* and I don't want anyone else.”

That was probably the sweetest thing Avoca had ever said to her. “You are, literally, the best thing that has ever happened to me. Had I not met you, I would have spent a year rotting in hell. So thanks for being in my life.”

Maiz smiled softly and handed Parsley the knife.

She sliced her palm open and let the blood drip into the bowl. Avoca did the same. Once the bottom was filled, they each took a sip.

The Saiyans in attendance erupted into applause.

“Congratulations,” Maiz said as she leaned over to give the newlyweds a hug.

Parsley nodded at all the applause and congratulations she received as she sifted through the crowd en route to the gift table. She looked at the muffin bouquet with a critical eye. “Blueberry? Not my favorite, but it will do.” The card read, “With the muffin button, all things are possible.

- Totoma

PS: Karine said I needed to get rid of some of these, so here you go.”

She shook her head and shoved a muffin in her mouth. “Imbecile.”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Morgana shake sher head.

“She did not. She was placed in a psychic coma but has since been awoken. The effort of it all exhausted her and she sleeps fretfully.”

She takes them inside, Azura watching everything with hyper intelligent eyes.

Cyanna lay sleeping on a couch, tear stains on her cheeks.
    The forest was dark, lit only by the moon above.

Placing her hand on the trunk of the nearest tree, she took a step forward. As she did, she could hear the brittle, fallen leaves crunch with each step. Aside from that, it was the only sound she heard.

Taking a few more steps, she made her way through the forest, unsure of where she was or where she was going. There was a strange familiarity about it, a sense that she had been here once before. Still, the darkness cast only shadows and the air was still and quiet as death it's self.

There was something, or was it someone, she was looking for. She thought to call out, but her voice was silent. She tried to listen, but still she heard only her own footsteps.

The stillness within her mirrored the stillness of the darkened woods, yet it was unnatural. Something was missing, a part of her was just out of reach. She had to find it, so she walked faster.

It was difficult to move, each step threatened to trip her up on a root or vine, but still she kept moving.

The darkness closed in on her as the moon's light came and went as if hidden by clouds in a sky she could not see past the old growth canopy. But still she kept moving.

Was she going in circles? Or straight ahead? She could not tell, and the thought brought a flicker of emotion, but still she kept moving.

Finally, up ahead she saw another light, flickering like a fire as the trees gave way to an open clearing.

Stepping out past the tree line, she saw an ancient stone temple, covered in vines and worn away from centuries of neglect.

Near the entrance, she sees a lone figure, sitting on a fallen stone. Taking a step closer, she finally finds her voice, calling out, "Charco!" but there is no response.

As she was about to run towards the lone figure, she hears the sound of something large and powerful crashing through the forest and heading towards her.

Cyanna turns quickly to see a large dinosaur, it's sharp teeth glinting with the reflected light of the moon above. It's eyes, glowing with menace and hunger.

Taking a step back, she briefly turned to the figure of the one she had been searching for, only to see the form turn to dust. The great beast then let out a roar, and moved in for the kill.....

--------------------------

Meagan pulled up a chair next to the bed and gently placed a hand on her sister's head, brushing back her hair as she spoke, "Cyanna, it's time to wake up."

With a start, Cyanna quickly sat upright on the bed, her hearts racing. Looking around, she soon realized where she was. Seeing Meagan, she flung her arms around her and held her tight.

Meagan wrapped her arms around Cyanna and held her close as well. She could hear her sister's hearts beating fast, she could feel the dampness of her tears, so she held her tight. In time, Cyanna would calm down enough so that they could talk, but for now, she simply held her close.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-03-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Praxat goes into the kitchen." Zaofan, are you in here? There are a bunch of ingredients I need to give you. They were sent to me by my sister Sraxat on my home planet Qaceria, Praxat said.

"She sent them to me through a miniature portal device. They are the ingredients To delicacy on my homeworld called Zeef Roast. So can you make some for me?" Praxat said.

Praxat puts the containers that contain the ingredients for Zeef Roast on the kitchen table.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.