Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
Oooo...

Unmistakably, he felt the effect before when he'd collected the little whispers of the world, charged with the memory of what had passed so long ago.

Strangely, the sensation was, in some manner, fleeting, almost as it seemed to stand entirely apart despite what all he saw and felt before him.

Despite all appearances, was Young 'Ro little more than an after-image, of sorts? Zaofan's heart sunk just a little as he slowly connected the dots.

"Well, uh...," he scratched his head, peering warily over to where Sasheem was squatting the grass, "Don't know about chosen, we've never really met."

Not exactly, anyway*.

"I guess I was hoping we'd find a little something..." More? "...different, is all."

Whether a magical Familiar's will or some Avatar for a dread thing from a higher dimension, the way the last year went left Zaofan's head spinning fretfully, like dipping the tasting spoon into the same spice jars. Only this time, the echo of that distant past was equal parts familiar, and that was a small, humane comfort after seeing so much gone twisted and wrong.
“I understand. Eventually you and the other chosen will meet the real me, and it is there you’ll truly take upon my legacy. Tell me, Zaofan, what of my techniques do you both know so far?”