Page 261 of 294 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as Althena mentioned the giant, Cyanna looked towards the statues, "Isn't one of the statues of this giantess?"
    Praxat points at the gigantic statue next to the Yardrat statue. " The one holding the gigantic battle axe is the statue of the giantess that's mention in the mural, Cyanna. By comparing the size of the giantess statue to the other statues around it. I can say it's exactly 56 feet and 10 inches tall," Praxat said.

" Meaning that the giantess mention in the mural was 56 feet and 10 inches tall. Now that we know the giantess' exact height. We can estimate how big her ship was that's mention in the mural. We know the ship had to be big enough to house the giantess, but also big enough to house cargo, " Praxat said.

" Praxat carefully looks at the giantess statue's face." The statue of this giantess has a gentle facial expression. It's most likely that the giantess had a gentle nature. So, it most likely didn't collect creatures smaller than it for nefarious reasons," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at the illustration of the giantess on the mural." Here on the mural, the giantess definitely looks like she's sad and depressed," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Nani the fu-" Inanna started, when the small Kitsuna rolled down the stairs and revealed herself. "Oh."

Seemed like this was the source of the habitation, or at the very least the most recent sign of such. No telling if it was her true form or not however, especially since she'd been invisible no more than a few seconds ago. Clearly, caution was key. "Hello there," Inanna said with a wave, "and what're you doing here, hm ?" Of course there was no knowing if the girl actually spoke common.

Bridge to burn when she got there, she supposed.
    Her eyes snap open.

“Ahh! Sorry sorry sorry sorry!” She gets up and moves so fast Inanna doesn’t even see her until her head pops out from behind one of the ruined statues.

“I’m....i’m Kyu. I live...here. What are you doing here?” The young girl asks, still partially hiding.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Her eyes snap open.

“Ahh! Sorry sorry sorry sorry!” She gets up and moves so fast Inanna doesn’t even see her until her head pops out from behind one of the ruined statues.

“I’m....i’m Kyu. I live...here. What are you doing here?” The young girl asks, still partially hiding.
    Oh good ! She spoke common, and then she disappeared ?

For a moment, Inanna was confused until the girl's head poked around a nearby statue. How strange that I couldn't sense her. "Well hello then, Kyu ... but forgive me if I'm somewhat confused. You say you live here ?" The woman asked. "Seems a bit ... far away from the rest of the Kitani doesn't it ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Tick

The man stated at the corridor not knowing what awaited him.

Tock

The man clutched his chest, his heart pounding with every tick on his watch. He could not tell what the future had in store. But he feared it.

Tick

He feared for all of them.

Tock

He thought he knew the future, but he was blind the entire time.

But...what's that?

The clock went silent.

...Tick

But only for a moment.

Tock

But a moment was all he needed to see the future...A Future. And it was in that moment he knew...

He could shape it as he saw fit.

VS

2 Years after Midori's Defeat

Galaxy Police Earth-Branch HQ

"Sir, I truly am sorry, but you must realize that there's no way out of this citation..." P-Sta sighed, though with understanding, at at the predicament of the perpetrator on the other line of the call. Remotely operating a traffic drone, like it was some sort of fast food drive-thru wasn't the most particularly exhilarating of assignments even to him. Why, the paperwork involved afterwards would be a cakewalk compared to what he normally gets piled with. Quite disappointing! But he supposed that a true purveyor of justice wouldn't let even the most minor of crimes squeak by. Not even going under the speed limit on an intergalactic highway.

But it seemed that even the staunchest supporter of obeying the law to the letter had his limit. P-Sta yawned audibly, slumping down at his desk. Truly, was there nothing else going on?! His allies among the M-Fighters always seem to take on the biggest, vilest, criminals before the Katchin Squad got so much as a whiff of them!

Not that he was complaining about justice being served, aside from the generally fatal fates of the perps, but this dry season of criminal activity was more arid than the most sun-beaten deserts. Was it possible that an unquenchable thirst for JUSTICE could be ones downfall in a time of peace?! Truly something to think about.

Perhaps he was simply being selfish. After all the last thing he wanted was for civilian lives to be in danger! At the vwry least there was one thing he could learn from all of this thorough contemplation, and that was not to waste a busy man's time by sleeping on the line-, wait. What?! P-Sta snapped up awake. Lost on his own thoughts it seemed he had fallen asleep. On the job, even! How disgraceful!

'Sir, I profusely apologize! I certainly did not mean to waste your time!" P-Sta pleaded. "I understand that you're lost, however and if you like I can tell you how to bypass the Neptunian Ice-....hello?" P-Sta looked down at the screen display on his desk, now covered in drool. The Katchin officer quickly took a napkin leftover from his lunch earlier to wipe it off, only to see that the perp in question had sped off...without taking the citation.

"Well...I suppose he was in a hurry for a reason..." P-Sta sighed, idly tapping his desk with one hand, whilst searching through the traffic drone's databank for a picture of the perp's license plate. As he did so, a stray shot of energy whizzed by his head which the patrol officer dodged by cranking his neck slightly to the left without so much as a hint of concern.

His office, as it were, was not merely his own, but his siblings. Two, of which, seemed to have found other ways to preoccupied their time. N-Ten, one of the best shots in the Galaxy Police was using X-Bo, one of the best swordsman in the force for a bit of target practice. After all, few were able to parry her shots but he. They'd been going at it for hours, however, and what was once a serious bout of training had devolved into a particularly destructive game of tennis.

"So long as they don't break anything..." P-Sta figured, though he knew P-Cee would not be so forgiving. She had gone to the GP's primary headquarters the SANCTUM SUPERNOVA. For what purpose, he did not know, for she was in a rush...and never bothers explaining things anyway. He was certain, however that she would return any minute. And if she did now...

Another volley of energy was lobbed forwards, this one launched at an expensive looking sculpture. Some priceless work of art P-Cee had shelved and kept in pristine condition. X-Bo's blade just barely swung around to launch a blast back at N-Ten...or more accurately an equally expensive looking portrait behind N-Ten, belonging to their dear older sister.

"New rules...how 'bout it?" X-Bo asked. as N-Ten caught the blast with another blast, launching a doubly powerful ball of ki back at X-Bo, who countered by spinning his blade rapidly, slicing the blast apart into five smaller chunks of ki and repelling each back at N-Ten. "One of us hits one of P-Cee's 'priceless' pieces of junk and we deduct minus fifty points. You game?"

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" N-Ten exclaimed after going after each blast, bouncing and cartwheeling back and forth to kick all five back towards X-Bo, just before they pierced the walls. "You read my mind!"

"...You two are keeping acore?!" P-Sta asked, confounded at their casually childish attitudes towards wrecking their sister's belongings. "You know, I'd say PRICELESS pieces of art are worth a lot more than fifty points!"

X-Bo caught and sliced each of the five blasts with such precision, that they dispersed into the air. Both of the younger siblings paused their game, looking at the floor in shame. "You're right, bro....we're talkin' a hundred!" he yelled, pumping his fist into the air.

"No, no, two hundred!" N-Ten exclaimed, leaping into the air and readying her blaster.

"Haha, game on!" X-Bo smirked beneath his helmet, getting into a fighting stance before the door slammed open, two figures standing behind it...one of which was P-Cee. "O-oh....hey, big sister! You've got some real great timing, lemme tell you..."

"..." P-Cee grimaced.

"We were...training in here since the training room is full! Not much to do lately so everyone's lining up to get a workout in!" N-Ten explained hurriedly.

"And as you can see, we were careful not to break a thing!" X-Bo exclaimed, swinging both his arms back, causing his sword to smack right into the shelf holding up the sculpture, which promptly fell and shattered on on the tiled floor. "..." X-Bo stared at the scattered pieces of clay now littering the floor. "Heh..." The swordsman chuckled with a shrug as he coolly spun his blade before expertly sheathing it. "Looks like 'priceless' over here isn't all it's CRACKED up to be!"

As X-Bo was getting strangled, P-Sta and N-Ten turned their attention to the other figure that was standing beside P-Cee. A familiar and welcome figure, at that. The two of them both stood up at the sight of their mentor, Dr. Cast! Alive and well to boot!

"Doctor?!" P-Sta exclaimed overjoyed. "You live?!"

"Hmph, of course!" Cast greeted with equal parts warmth and arrogance, as they were accustomed. "The GP required my services longer than the limited time alloted by the heavens would allow and thus they took a time to make a wish on the Namekian Dragon Balls! Frankly, I'm not surprised they've missed me so much!" He explained, as N-Ten excitedly leaped upon him with a hug. "Haha, it's good to see you all in the flesh after so long!"

"It's good to see you as well, Doctor..." P-Sta nodded. "But...don't they need you at HQ?"

"Perhaps later," Cast shook his head. "For now, I'm here to aid the four of you."

"Huh? Aid us with what?" N-Ten asked. Before Dr. Cast could deliver an answer, answer alarm sounded off within the room, a bright light emerging from the ceiling, bathing the entire room in a golden glow.

P-Cee stopped throttling her younger brother, as she looked up with concern. "Wait...a gold alert? That means..."

"Ugh..." X-Bo shook his head, loosening his collar a bit as he coughed, thankful that his sister's headlock was temporary. "...a time anomaly. Thought those were over with," he stood up, 'accidentally' elbowing his eldest sister in the back of the head when doing so. "Won't the M-Fighters handle it like last time?"

"Not so, kid..." Dr. Cast frowned, tapping his cane upon the ground before pointing it forward, causing a screen to project before them, zooming in on Earth, then into Capital City, and lastly towards an unassuming house, that a half-saiyan a long way from home had made his new place of residence. "Because the suspect in question, is supposed to be an officer of the law, himself..." he finished, pointing directly at a still image of of the Time Patrolman known as Hops.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat points at the gigantic statue next to the Yardrat statue. " The one holding the gigantic battle axe is the statue of the giantess that's mention in the mural, Cyanna. By comparing the size of the giantess statue to the other statues around it. I can say it's exactly 56 feet and 10 inches tall," Praxat said.

" Meaning that the giantess mention in the mural was 56 feet and 10 inches tall. Now that we know the giantess' exact height. We can estimate how big her ship was that's mention in the mural. We know the ship had to be big enough to house the giantess, but also big enough to house cargo, " Praxat said.

" Praxat carefully looks at the giantess statue's face." The statue of this giantess has a gentle facial expression. It's most likely that the giantess had a gentle nature. So, it most likely didn't collect creatures smaller than it for nefarious reasons," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at the illustration of the giantess on the mural." Here on the mural, the giantess definitely looks like she's sad and depressed," Praxat said.
    Althena keeps reading the mural." I asked Vyggen if he thought the giant creature was going to eat us. He told me that eating us would provide little to no nutrients for such a being of her size," Althena said.

" Vyggen and I study the creature. We notice that even though most of the creatures kept in the other cages were afraid of it. The giant creature didn't threaten none of them. In fact, it took great care of them," Althena said.

We study the giant creature's habits and notice it ate only plant material. When it came by our cage. I tried to get it to hear me," Althena said.

" Vyggen told me I was wasting my energy and that sizes between me and the giant creature were too vast for it to hear me. That the giant creature's hearing was most likely poor at picking up high-frequency sounds, but great at picking up low-frequency sounds," Althena said.

" I told Vyggen that my race could produce low-frequency sounds. So I attempted to speak to the giant creature again this time at a low frequency. It worked, and the creature was able to hear me," Althena said.

" I asked the giant creature why it was going around collected creatures smaller than it. The giant creature looked directly at me, and I heard it weep. I heard it say this," Althena said.

"I Ýðreimd am so lonely. I just want to have friends. I tried befriending smaller creatures, but they just run away from me. However, if I put smaller creatures in cages, they can't run away from me, "Althena said.

When the creature looked at me. After it finished talking. I knew that it had heard me. It was wondering what I was trying to tell it," Althena said.

However, I already got my answer. The giant creature named Ýðreimd was lonely, and just wanted friends," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Oh good ! She spoke common, and then she disappeared ?

For a moment, Inanna was confused until the girl's head poked around a nearby statue. How strange that I couldn't sense her. "Well hello then, Kyu ... but forgive me if I'm somewhat confused. You say you live here ?" The woman asked. "Seems a bit ... far away from the rest of the Kitani doesn't it ?"
    Kyu nods, clutching a small stuffed animal to her chest.

“Mother and I live here. She says it’s safer that way.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kyu nods, clutching a small stuffed animal to her chest.

“Mother and I live here. She says it’s safer that way.”
    "Mother ?" Inanna asked, before shaking her head.

She must have a lot to worry about, if she chooses to call this home. Noting that the girl was uncomfortable, the golden-eyed woman sighed softly.

"Don't you worry though. I'm not here to do anything bad. I'm looking for someone, who might be able to help me and my friends ... a really old and powerful Kitsuna. Know anyone like that ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Althena keeps reading the mural." I asked Vyggen if he thought the giant creature was going to eat us. He told me that eating us would provide little to no nutrients for such a being of her size," Althena said.

" Vyggen and I study the creature. We notice that even though most of the creatures kept in the other cages were afraid of it. The giant creature didn't threaten none of them. In fact, it took great care of them," Althena said.

We study the giant creature's habits and notice it ate only plant material. When it came by our cage. I tried to get it to hear me," Althena said.

" Vyggen told me I was wasting my energy and that sizes between me and the giant creature were too vast for it to hear me. That the giant creature's hearing was most likely poor at picking up high-frequency sounds, but great at picking up low-frequency sounds," Althena said.

" I told Vyggen that my race could produce low-frequency sounds. So I attempted to speak to the giant creature again this time at a low frequency. It worked, and the creature was able to hear me," Althena said.

" I asked the giant creature why it was going around collected creatures smaller than it. The giant creature looked directly at me, and I heard it weep. I heard it say this," Althena said.

"I Ýðreimd am so lonely. I just want to have friends. I tried befriending smaller creatures, but they just run away from me. However, if I put smaller creatures in cages, they can't run away from me, "Althena said.

When the creature looked at me. After it finished talking. I knew that it had heard me. It was wondering what I was trying to tell it," Althena said.

However, I already got my answer. The giant creature named Ýðreimd was lonely, and just wanted friends," Althena said.
    "I think I know where this story is going." Cyanna then took a few steps over to see the section of the mural that Althena hasn't gotten to yet, while waiting for Althena to continue with the story.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Mother ?" Inanna asked, before shaking her head.

She must have a lot to worry about, if she chooses to call this home. Noting that the girl was uncomfortable, the golden-eyed woman sighed softly.

"Don't you worry though. I'm not here to do anything bad. I'm looking for someone, who might be able to help me and my friends ... a really old and powerful Kitsuna. Know anyone like that ?"
    She nods.

“My mom’s the most powerful. She’s right behind you.”

Turning, Inanna would find a grown and beautiful Kitani women standing right behind her. Again, like Kyu, she couldn’t sense her presence and she sported a single tail.

https://imgur.com/HUUZmqE
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She nods.

“My mom’s the most powerful. She’s right behind you.”

Turning, Inanna would find a grown and beautiful Kitani women standing right behind her. Again, like Kyu, she couldn’t sense her presence and she sported a single tail.

https://imgur.com/HUUZmqE
    Inanna blinked when Kyu said the strongest Kitani was behind her, and turning around she couldn't help but chuckle. "So that's what it feels like." It hardly seemed like the woman was going to try attacking her though, then again with the somewhat menacing look, it was hard to tell. So with hands raised, the golden-eyed woman said. "Can't sense you. Leaves a few options about why. Either way, you've got a single tail which means I'm in the right place. But uh ..."

Pulling out a journal that had been hidden ... somewhere, Inanna held it up.

"Not looking for a fight, just answers."

Arx Inosaan

"I think I know where this story is going." Cyanna then took a few steps over to see the section of the mural that Althena hasn't gotten to yet, while waiting for Althena to continue with the story.
    Althena keeps reading the mural." So, after Vyggen and I create a device that would allow Ýðreimd to hear high pitch sounds. We had a chat with her. Vyggen and I convinced Ýðreimd that capture living beings was wrong, and it wasn't the right way to make friends," Althena said.

" Ýðreimd let the aliens go, and besides Vyggen and I. Only one alien didn't leave. That was the Yardrat. I saw the Yardrat teleport to Ýðreimd and. That's when Vyggen and I knew that the Yardrat could have left at any time he wished, but didn't," Althena said.

" Vyggen and I heard the Yardart say this to Ýðreimd. Yoreimd, I been watching you. I know how sad and depressed you been. Think you have no friends that you all alone," Althena said.

" But that's not true. You have me, You have me Xiflon, Xiflon will be your friend. After we witness Ýðreimd get herself her first friend, we befriend both Ýðreimd and Xilfon becoming a party of four," Althena said.

With our new allies, we continue exploring space, and about a month later. Xilfon wanted us to stop at what he called a casino. At this casino, Xilfon almost got us into trouble, and I remember Vyggen telling me that Xilfon had what he called gambling addiction," Althena said.

" I remember that on our journey through space. We saw many planets that were ravaged. On one of the planets, there was a survivor. I remember Vyggen telling me the alien was a Namekian," Althena said.

" I remember approaching the Namekian and asking why he was so angry. " He told me his heart was filled with rage for the Oustarin Empire. That this empire had been going around ravaging planets, capturing the people living on it and turn them into slaves," Althena said.

" He told me that this was the planet Xeniri and that Oustarin Empire had taken all the people that were living on this planet. All expect him. He told me they even took his wife and adopted children," Althena said.

"That he wanted revenge against the Oustarin Empire. I ask him what his name was, and he told me it was Kazoo. I then ask him who the Oustrain empire was. He told me the Oustarin Empire was made up of a race known as the Mokaths," Althena said.

That the Mokaths were the most fearsome warriors in the Southern Quadrant. I told Kazoo that I and my allies would help him recuse his family and take down the Oustarin Empire. So with that, another member was added to the party," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-09-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Inanna blinked when Kyu said the strongest Kitani was behind her, and turning around she couldn't help but chuckle. "So that's what it feels like." It hardly seemed like the woman was going to try attacking her though, then again with the somewhat menacing look, it was hard to tell. So with hands raised, the golden-eyed woman said. "Can't sense you. Leaves a few options about why. Either way, you've got a single tail which means I'm in the right place. But uh ..."

Pulling out a journal that had been hidden ... somewhere, Inanna held it up.

"Not looking for a fight, just answers."
    She looks at Inanna, then leans in and....sniffs?

She sniffs around her a moment or two, then steps back, tail swishing back and forth.

“Oni. I have not seen one in a long time. What brings a Sentinel of the Dead here to me?”

Her voice is melodious and strong (think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Althena keeps reading the mural." So, after Vyggen and I create a device that would allow Ýðreimd to hear high pitch sounds. We had a chat with her. Vyggen and I convinced Ýðreimd that capture living beings was wrong, and it wasn't the right way to make friends," Althena said.

" Ýðreimd let the aliens go, and besides Vyggen and I. Only one alien didn't leave. That was the Yardrat. I saw the Yardrat teleport to Ýðreimd and. That's when Vyggen and I knew that the Yardrat could have left at any time he wished, but didn't," Althena said.

" Vyggen and I heard the Yardart say this to Ýðreimd. Yoreimd, I been watching you. I know how sad and depressed you been. Think you have no friends that you all alone," Althena said.

" But that's not true. You have me, You have me Xiflon, Xiflon will be your friend. After we witness Ýðreimd get herself her first friend, we befriend both Ýðreimd and Xilfon becoming a party of four," Althena said.

With our new allies, we continue exploring space, and about a month later. Xilfon wanted us to stop at what he called a casino. At this casino, Xilfon almost got us into trouble, and I remember Vyggen telling me that Xilfon had what he called gambling addiction.

" I remember that on our journey through space. We saw many planets that were ravaged. On one of the planets, there was a survivor. I remember Vyggen telling me the alien was a Namekian," Althena said.

" I remember approaching the Namekian and asking why he was so angry. " He told me his heart was filled with rage for the Oustarin Empire. That this empire had been going around ravaging planets, capturing the people living on it and turn them into slaves," Althena said.

" He told me that this was the planet Xeniri and that Oustarin Empire had taken all the people that were living on this planet. All expect him. He told me they even took his wife and adopted children," Althena said.

"That he wanted revenge against the Oustarin Empire. I ask him what his name was, and he told me it was Kazoo. I then ask him who the Oustrain empire was. He told me the Oustarin Empire was made up of a race known as the Mokaths," Althena said.

That the Mokaths were the most fearsome warriors in the Southern Quadrant. I told Kazoo that I and my allies would help him recuse his family and take down the Oustarin Empire. So with that, another member was added to the party," Althena said.
    "Wow, I wonder if anyone else knows about this. Like Eva, or I know, maybe Sensei might know about this. A war like that, had to have left a mark on other worlds. Wonder what Namekian was doing on that planet?" Cyanna then went back to studying the mural.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Wow, I wonder if anyone else knows about this. Like Eva, or I know, maybe Sensei might know about this. A war like that, had to have left a mark on other worlds. Wonder what Namekian was doing on that planet?" Cyanna then went back to studying the mural.
    Cyanna gets her answers as Althena continues reading the mural." Well onboard are our ship, I had asked Kazoo why he was on Xeniri. Kazoo told me that long ago. He came from a planet called Namek in the Northern Quadrant as an explorer," Althena said.

" He told me that he came to Xeniri to explore it and that he had fallen in love with the people on the planet, and their culture. That he decided to stay on the planet and help one of the people living on the planet. A female Zahea name Roxy raised her children," Althena said.

It wasn't long before I and my allies got into it with the Oustarin Empire. When we went around, preventing them from ravaging planets. Pretty soon, we were wanted by the Oustarin Empire and giving labels by them," Althena said.

" I was giving the label Lust, Vyggen was giving the label Sloth, Ýðreimd the label Greed, Xiflon the label Gluttony, and Kazoo the label Wrath. The worlds we managed to stop Oustarin Empire from ravaging. We helped rebuild," Althena said.

"Helping the beings living on the planets to rebuild their societies. Still, Oustarin Empire left their mark on many planets throughout the Southern Quadrant. When went to other worlds that the Oustarin Empire had ravaged. They turn out to be wastelands almost entirely devoid of life," Althena said.

" It was awful what the Oustarin Empire did to these planets. I worried that Oustarin Empire would come for my homeworld Qacriea, but I calm myself down. Knowing that Oustarin Empire had no idea about my homeworld Qaceria," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-09-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Focusing on the area around them, Zaofan senses pull back....nothing. Nothing save both his own and that of his companion. Beyond the room they're in what he can sense grows exceedingly vague....as if blotted out by the ambient background aura. Surges of unknown energy flash within the walls, carried by unseen forces.

"Hey cookman! Look!" Erosas playful voice came from the side of the chamber, where the Id had scaled a damaged statue and was now proudly perched....upon what Zaofan immediately realized was the statues breast. "Aha, I found a better chair then the one we came in on ero." The id shifted her weight, and immediately had to scramble to dig her claw in as the breast cracked and dislodged from the statue....falling to the floor with a echoing smash. "....ehe....eh.......whoops....."

While Erosa hung from the statue, she gazed around the ruined chamber. "....Queen had no taste.....too many statues." She let herself slide down to the ground, then bounded over to Zaofan. "Don't see any doors ero....but something is over here ero.."

The Id motioned for him to follow and the climbed up over some stairs and vanished behind some rubble.

There, among more rubble, was a large gash in the floor....the damage seemingly caused from the inside and forced outward. A layer of machinery lay below the floor...and below that, darkness....
    With Erosa's voice breaking the silence, Zaofan felt a bit of warmth within the dark unknown, and as he - albeit reluctantly - peeled his posterior from the Queen's sedan, he was able to focus on the environs. Something's watching...something, or someone. Lifting his gaze towards the statuary in the hall, he studied the faces for a moment. She looks familiar. Certainly prominent, even for these parts-

Suddenly the carved bustier hit the floor and shattered, and he started with a jolt as his heart felt like it would make a hasty exit from the back of his throat.

After a hot minute to catch his breath, leaning on his katchin staff he nodded to Erosa sheepishly. "...I think I'll follow your lead," he said, and as they crossed their way to the deep pit, he quirked a brow as he looked over the cogs and steel. Curious, for what had seemed a place that seemed preserved in the image of castles and gardens. "I don't suppose you can sniff out any Magic or Void down there?"

As they moved along, he reached into his pocket and withdrew a capsule.

"I didn't mean to imply....if you think she'll be ok, I suppose I'm not the time to complain. Follow me..." Morgan turned and set a brisk pace towards the temple.

By the time the two arrived, both Erosa and Zaofans presence could be felt on the far end of the chamber.
    Ochazuke said nothing as they continued to forge ahead, his silence heavy in lieu of the many barbs he'd spoken previously. Their ventures into the deep heart of this Sorceror's kingdom had diverted their course from the ancient horror in the midst that they had known, but there had been a thought tah burdened his thoughts. If Rex had finished his ruinous works, why should he return? Perhaps the bridge between that dark history and the ruin he would sow in the present would be first realized from a forsaken place such as this. What did the Strongest leave lingering in this place?

Spreading his focus across the castle grounds above, the web of ki ensnaring the knight's movement he could at last permit to stretch ahead into the long darkness, and slowly a dread sensation seemed to trickle from the walls. Standing an observer at this threshold, he was acutely aware of the multitude of presences that thread the veil.

More than that, two familiar presences stood out within the chamber. Reaching across the abyssal expanse would be to disturb whatever was lying in wait. To get their party back together would require a more mundane solution.

Pressing a finger to the comm in his ear, he hailed Zaofan and Erosa over their shared frequency.

"I'm here, and I've brought Morgan," he said. He then turned to the Familiar herself. "What is the purpose of this machinery? And what lies beneath it?"