Page 96 of 170 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2547
  1. #1426
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Ah, this frog was no friend of Held's then. Quite the opposite, judging from his body language. Blizzar had seen this before. Like life emrgy itself, it had its own aura. Vengeance. Such a thing...could be easily manipulated to amusing and profitable results, but this was not the day to do so, unfortunately.

    "He has been pardoned, yes...." Blizzar scratched his head, watching curiously as Dash left the room in a hurry. She hadn't recognized the Toadian. Perhaps further evidence that this well-spoken amphibian were a figment of a stressed mind. The Arcosian nearly chuckled to himself. But to the matter at hand...

    "And given recent circumstances, I'm afraid that isn't to be lifted any time soon," Blizzar noted, in a sympathetic tone. "Trust that he will return soon and you will eventually have your answers...but for now we prepare for a mission in which the stakes are quite dire. His help may be greatly appreciated."
    "Pathetic."

    The Toadian could not help but be disgusted by the strength of this world, or the lack of it. He had heard the words made by this officer, sworn to uphold justice, and he found them to be sweet words that masked the foulness behind them.

    "Is this the strength of this planet? Is it so weak and pitiful that it would call murderers and monsters their saviors?!"

    He shook his head in disgust.

    "No wonder he fled to this planet. I had heard that he was opportunistic, but I see the tales were modest."

    It was truly madness. He had been prepared for all sorts of encounters, with all sorts of beings, and all manner of conflict on the road to find the Nevadian...But to find his presence so...accepted. Treated as necessary and wanted....It was beyond his expectations.

    "And even if this planet is so desperate, what of the Galaxy Police? What could a rouge Nevadian provide you that your own brothers in arms could not? How could you simply allow--"

    He paused.

    The officer had told him that Held would return soon, didn't he? Very little else mattered. He was in the right place, at the right time, and it was simply a matter of waiting for his return.

    But still. Frogspierre's ire burned at his soul hotter than any iron could.

    "I'm curious. How does this work? How many worlds does one have to destroy before forgiveness is impossible? How many have to be saved to wipe away the sins of ones past? Did he simply save this world a single time, and it was decided that had balanced out his transgression?"

    He adjusted his rucksack, his grip on the strings holding it over his shoulder so tight that it could rend steel.

    "Your badge is a symbol of justice, is it not? Tell me, is this truly what you would consider right?"

    What could possibly be on this planet that the Galaxy Police would go to such lengths for? All life has its value, but...It's unusual to see such effort exerted for a planet with so little tangible value. Technologically, economically, let alone in terms of might, they seem to be nothing special.

  2. #1427
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Zurvan shrugs.

    “As of right now..... no. Sihn with Shimmer’s help has taken care of several more of the hidden items that were once personages. His quest will end soon, though I fear the Amulet and Sakin will be most troublesome and I’ll be aiding him with Sakin when the time comes. Same with any other rogue Angel. But those are our problems for now, not yours.”
    "The Amulet has a wielder, an Arcosian familiar with this group," Ishtar replied with yet another grunt. More from annoyance with herself, however. Back when he was around, she had stated plainly after all that she would kill him should it come down to it ... and for an Oni a promise made, is a promise kept.

    As for the rest, however.

    "Always with that. 'Our problems'," she said with another sigh. "Lost both my arms, to these problems of yours. Sarada lost her hand. Three of us have died, only to return thanks to yet more of these ancient trinkets of unfathomably dangerous power ... and several more burnt out from the weight on their shoulders." The Oni sighed again, and looked toward the Kitchen -- and the ruckus that could be heard faintly within -- before looking back at Zurvan.

    "It would be nice, if you treated me, and the others, as more than children to be led around blindly in the dark ... I feel I have earned the right, as have they."
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #1428
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "The Amulet has a wielder, an Arcosian familiar with this group," Ishtar replied with yet another grunt. More from annoyance with herself, however. Back when he was around, she had stated plainly after all that she would kill him should it come down to it ... and for an Oni a promise made, is a promise kept.

    As for the rest, however.

    "Always with that. 'Our problems'," she said with another sigh. "Lost both my arms, to these problems of yours. Sarada lost her hand. Three of us have died, only to return thanks to yet more of these ancient trinkets of unfathomably dangerous power ... and several more burnt out from the weight on their shoulders." The Oni sighed again, and looked toward the Kitchen -- and the ruckus that could be heard faintly within -- before looking back at Zurvan.

    "It would be nice, if you treated me, and the others, as more than children to be led around blindly in the dark ... I feel I have earned the right, as have they."
    He pauses, then sighs heavily.

    “Perhaps you are right, Ishtar. It is a hard habit to break after so many years, but yes, the clean up efforts haven’t been as....cleanly down as Sihn or I would have liked. And you all have paid a bloody price because of it.”

    Zurvan looks into the distance.

    “Fighting people like Auroc or Banefire, or even this Koorimaru and the amulet is well within your capabilities. Sakin.....Sakin is another thing. Same with Hammer and Stine. But..........”

    He pauses then looks back at Ishtar.

    “But you are not children anymore. I cannot treat you as such. I cannot promise you that you will get to battle such foes, but I can promise you that your Uncle and I won’t be foolish when we do. If we need help we will call upon you and yours to aid us. The responsibility of re-opening the sealed universes can be shared.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1429
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A pity." Parsley was unfamiliar with Charco outside of realizing that he was proficient in battle. For a Saiyan, that was enough to prove his worth to her. As such, hearing that he would be lost was just that, a pity.

    "If you believe that leaving well enough alone for now is the right option, then I will respect that. However, realize that there are many here who would disagree." Namely her sister, who just dashed into the kitchen with a mouth filled with food. There was little doubt she was in the middle of the absurd commotion happening just outside the kitchen door.
    "Sarada has been told of this and knows what measures to take when the time comes," Charco said, grimly, as he removed the rack of ribs out from the heat and placed it on the largest plate he could find, "For now, I will try and minimalize the danger of when he does take over."

    Taking a seat at the table, he prepares to eat, surrounded by chaos, "After that, I'm not sure."

  5. #1430
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    He pauses, then sighs heavily.

    ďPerhaps you are right, Ishtar. It is a hard habit to break after so many years, but yes, the clean up efforts havenít been as....cleanly down as Sihn or I would have liked. And you all have paid a bloody price because of it.Ē

    Zurvan looks into the distance.

    ďFighting people like Auroc or Banefire, or even this Koorimaru and the amulet is well within your capabilities. Sakin.....Sakin is another thing. Same with Hammer and Stine. But..........Ē

    He pauses then looks back at Ishtar.

    ďBut you are not children anymore. I cannot treat you as such. I cannot promise you that you will get to battle such foes, but I can promise you that your Uncle and I wonít be foolish when we do. If we need help we will call upon you and yours to aid us. The responsibility of re-opening the sealed universes can be shared.Ē
    "Whether or not I -- or they -- are ready for it, is irrelevant." Ishtar said with a shrug. "It is what I was shaped to handle, was it not ? The first -- and only -- God of Destruction in one-hundred thousand years, free from influence or corruption at the hands of Asha'rah or Sakin."

    And a thing she had grappled with, since finding out.

    "So I will do what I feel is necessary to fix what others have ruined. As will the others ... especially the Saiyans," and their battle lust, "not to mention. I saw what it did to you, the battle with Stine, and Hammer. Not to mention what happened when Genesis caught you unawares."

    Clearing her through the Oni shrugged again, before flashing a small smile. "Not everyone can founder about blindly head first, and come away as well as I do."

    "So perhaps it should be the other way around. Ask the two of you for help, should we need it."
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #1431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "We went to see a psychic named Morgana. I was under the impression it would be to train my mind, but they chose to try and speak to him directly in an attempt to make peace."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's eyes narrowed. "I see."

    That was the final detail she had been looking for. Cyanna believed that, even after presumably being told the exact same information that she and Ochazuke had just been told, a telepath would be of any use whatsoever against a being residing in Charco's blood. That, plus her absence and presence somewhere else on the planet, spoke volumes. And none of it was good.

    "You are in your last moments of self-agency before being assimilated by a lurking enemy, and your supposed 'mate' is absent. Interesting." She didn't know where Cyanna was, and it didn't matter. That she clearly didn't think highly enough of Charco to be by his side in his last moments was... sad. It was sad, because it told Parsley that Cyanna didn't quite understand what she had done. Which was understandable from a person with the emotional maturity of a ten year old.

    "This, unfortunately, is the consequence of being forced to entrust your well-being on the half-baked ideas of a child. Assuming you told her what you just told us, she either didn't listen or completely disregarded everything in favor of moving forward with her own faulty hope. What's worse is her damning your future child -- which, of course, was sheer stupidity on her part. In more ways than the obvious." Assuming she understood the implications of receiving Charco's seed to become impregnated -- which Parsley highly doubted was the case -- then not only would Cyanna have passed this enemy onto her child, but also herself, thus tripling its potential.

    In the end, Parsley could only shake her head at the idiocy on display. "It's little wonder your body is about to be taken over. I wonder if she cares. What do you think?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "A pity." Parsley was unfamiliar with Charco outside of realizing that he was proficient in battle. For a Saiyan, that was enough to prove his worth to her. As such, hearing that he would be lost was just that, a pity.

    "If you believe that leaving well enough alone for now is the right option, then I will respect that. However, realize that there are many here who would disagree." Namely her sister, who just dashed into the kitchen with a mouth filled with food. There was little doubt she was in the middle of the absurd commotion happening just outside the kitchen door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Sarada has been told of this and knows what measures to take when the time comes," Charco said, grimly, as he removed the rack of ribs out from the heat and placed it on the largest plate he could find, "For now, I will try and minimalize the danger of when he does take over."

    Taking a seat at the table, he prepares to eat, surrounded by chaos, "After that, I'm not sure."
    The course of Charco's discussion with Parsley was followed only by the sounds of dishes clinking, set to dry. Finishing the task of returning the expenditures of culinary creation to something of a set order, by this time it had become impossible to ignore the melee erupting outside as Sarada rushed in.

    Ochazuke fixed a boil into his pot of tea for a third steep, his motions filled with a distant, cold sharpness that flew through the repetitive motions. A little under a day - if that - had passed since Charco had come to him to confirm the legacy that followed in the wake of the Koryuu-ryu successor. Before the boy had left to fight in the tournament in that other world, he told him about the grey shadow that followed in the wake of his ancestors. With the knowledge they had pieced together, there was for a moment a sense that he would escape from this snare.

    "Is this it then? Has history has come to repeat itself?" he said bitterly.

    The invasive prerogative of the clairvoyant mind. Ochazuke grit his teeth. Of all the psychics he had encountered there were those who conflated their abilities to reveal hidden thoughts with a certain churlish superiority. Colonel Rautt and the Threshling Knight, they forcefully uncovered the innermost matters of their opponents, peeling back the hidden layers chasing after a weakness to seize upon. It was elementary, really, the weakest points of a person were often conflated with what they had to hide.

    Charco had called for help and for all but an error in counsel, he had been left emptyhanded. He had revealed his soul to this Morgana and apparently they found no way out, only explicitly revealed to the enemy that dwelt within exactly what he needed to destroy and consume from the inside.

    Penhuoqi. The spark of her dream had been extinguished in cold blood. And now her heir...

    "...what's yours is also his, until he decides to find an opportunity to take it for his own."

    Silently, he crossed the kitchen expanse until he stood in the centre of the room. A short breath left him, and a Kiai slammed the doors and shutters of the kitchen closed. The noise from the battle outside fell distant, locked out of this chamber.

    "Which means at this moment...we have a fifth party in this room."

    With that, he extended his meditation field, the sensory skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu falling over Charco to observer what - if anything - stirred within him.

    "Rex. He is listening, isn't he?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-22-2019 at 12:22 AM.

  7. #1432

    Default

    Althena is in the kitchen listing Charco's story as she gets in a meditation position. " Young one, I understand your situation is dire. This terrible curse that inflicts you, this wicked entity that possesses you this Rex. You have tried just everything to get rid of him, to get rid of the curse, but so far nothing has worked," Althena said.

    " You even sort the aid of a psychic and found no solution to the curse that plagues you. I can offer to help you, but I'm afraid my extrasensory perception won't be of any use. This girl you mention if she truly cares about you," Althena said.

    " She should be by your side in your time of need. However, relations can be complex." Althena said.

  8. #1433
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Whether or not I -- or they -- are ready for it, is irrelevant." Ishtar said with a shrug. "It is what I was shaped to handle, was it not ? The first -- and only -- God of Destruction in one-hundred thousand years, free from influence or corruption at the hands of Asha'rah or Sakin."

    And a thing she had grappled with, since finding out.

    "So I will do what I feel is necessary to fix what others have ruined. As will the others ... especially the Saiyans," and their battle lust, "not to mention. I saw what it did to you, the battle with Stine, and Hammer. Not to mention what happened when Genesis caught you unawares."

    Clearing her through the Oni shrugged again, before flashing a small smile. "Not everyone can founder about blindly head first, and come away as well as I do."

    "So perhaps it should be the other way around. Ask the two of you for help, should we need it."
    Zurvan chuckles, then it evolves into a full smile of happiness and pride.

    “Perhaps you are right, Daughter. I am quite old, and this business is oft better left to you, how do they put it....young whipper snappers?”

    He grins.

    “Either way, it shall be faced together then, when the time comes. Now convincing Sihn and his stubborn fool self will be a challenge.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #1434
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Zurvan chuckles, then it evolves into a full smile of happiness and pride.

    “Perhaps you are right, Daughter. I am quite old, and this business is oft better left to you, how do they put it....young whipper snappers?”

    He grins.

    “Either way, it shall be faced together then, when the time comes. Now convincing Sihn and his stubborn fool self will be a challenge.”
    "I will introduce him to Sarada." Ishtar said with a smile. "That woman is capable of changing the mind of a rock." Not to mention her seemingly innate ability to inspire others.

    ... and sniff out any snacks within several miles.

    "In the meantime however, I feel it might be worth reading this book. If only so that the chances of killing myself or another when I transform is reduced."
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #1435
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I will introduce him to Sarada." Ishtar said with a smile. "That woman is capable of changing the mind of a rock." Not to mention her seemingly innate ability to inspire others.

    ... and sniff out any snacks within several miles.

    "In the meantime however, I feel it might be worth reading this book. If only so that the chances of killing myself or another when I transform is reduced."
    He sobers up and nods.

    “Please do. I myself must go and attend to my duties. I have been away long enough. Be careful confronting the Doctor, Daughter. He is most crafty. Though, to be honest.....I have complete faith in you and your allies. I’ll see you again soon.”

    He nods to her then with a shimmer disappears.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #1436
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena is in the kitchen listing Charco's story as she gets in a meditation position. " Young one, I understand your situation is dire. This terrible curse that inflicts you, this wicked entity that possesses you this Rex. You have tried just everything to get rid of him, to get rid of the curse, but so far nothing has worked," Althena said.

    " You even sort the aid of a psychic and found no solution to the curse that plagues you. I can offer to help you, but I'm afraid my extrasensory perception won't be of any use. This girl you mention if she truly cares about you," Althena said.

    " She should be by your side in your time of need. However, relations can be complex." Althena said.
    Cyanna's absence did hurt, but he could assume she remained at Morgana's to pick up where he left off in learning. Aside from that, Althena's words seemed to be more of pity than any actual substance as she repeated his morbid tale as if he had forgotten.

    He began to speak up to voice his opinion of her offer but decided that he had wallowed in bitterness long enough, instead, he left only silence, "..."

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The course of Charco's discussion with Parsley was followed only by the sounds of dishes clinking, set to dry. Finishing the task of returning the expenditures of culinary creation to something of a set order, by this time it had become impossible to ignore the melee erupting outside as Sarada rushed in.

    Ochazuke fixed a boil into his pot of tea for a third steep, his motions filled with a distant, cold sharpness that flew through the repetitive motions. A little under a day - if that - had passed since Charco had come to him to confirm the legacy that followed in the wake of the Koryuu-ryu successor. Before the boy had left to fight in the tournament in that other world, he told him about the grey shadow that followed in the wake of his ancestors. With the knowledge they had pieced together, there was for a moment a sense that he would escape from this snare.

    "Is this it then? Has history has come to repeat itself?" he said bitterly.

    The invasive prerogative of the clairvoyant mind. Ochazuke grit his teeth. Of all the psychics he had encountered there were those who conflated their abilities to reveal hidden thoughts with a certain churlish superiority. Colonel Rautt and the Threshling Knight, they forcefully uncovered the innermost matters of their opponents, peeling back the hidden layers chasing after a weakness to seize upon. It was elementary, really, the weakest points of a person were often conflated with what they had to hide.

    Charco had called for help and for all but an error in counsel, he had been left emptyhanded. He had revealed his soul to this Morgana and apparently they found no way out, only explicitly revealed to the enemy that dwelt within exactly what he needed to destroy and consume from the inside.

    Penhuoqi. The spark of her dream had been extinguished in cold blood. And now her heir...

    "...what's yours is also his, until he decides to find an opportunity to take it for his own."

    Silently, he crossed the kitchen expanse until he stood in the centre of the room. A short breath left him, and a Kiai slammed the doors and shutters of the kitchen closed. The noise from the battle outside fell distant, locked out of this chamber.

    "Which means at this moment...we have a fifth party in this room."

    With that, he extended his meditation field, the sensory skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu falling over Charco to observer what - if anything - stirred within him.

    "Rex. He is listening, isn't he?"
    "He has always been listening," Charco replied before taking a bite of his ribs, filled with a momentary bliss that he would have savored had it not been for the fact that Ochazuke was beginning to take action. Still, he would not back down from his own meal, as evident as he took multiple more bites before continuing the conversation, "Whether or not he chooses to participate is another thing. I suspect right now he wants me to tremble in anxiety, paranoia, and dread as I wait for him to make his move."

  12. #1437
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He sobers up and nods.

    “Please do. I myself must go and attend to my duties. I have been away long enough. Be careful confronting the Doctor, Daughter. He is most crafty. Though, to be honest.....I have complete faith in you and your allies. I’ll see you again soon.”

    He nods to her then with a shimmer disappears.
    Ishtar shrugged.

    More than anything she felt pity for the Doctor, knowing who all was coming to greet him. Especially when she remembered what happened to Jagam, and Luop ... and Anula ... and that conversation with Auroc ...

    "Yeesh."

    Walking slowly toward the Kitchen then after Zurvan departs, the Oni flipped open the book penned by Whis, and began reading.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #1438
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďSo I finished the calculations. Once the ship arrives we can head out and......Ē

    Jinzi stops and stares at the kitchen and surrounding war zone.

    ďAhh....., what the what?Ē
    After checking in on Eva, Dash once again made her way back towards the kitchen. As she approached she came up behind Jinzi, his exclamation making her pause in uncertainty. Something was going on, and she had a feeling that her desire for a snack may have to wait.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #1439
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Pathetic."

    The Toadian could not help but be disgusted by the strength of this world, or the lack of it. He had heard the words made by this officer, sworn to uphold justice, and he found them to be sweet words that masked the foulness behind them.

    "Is this the strength of this planet? Is it so weak and pitiful that it would call murderers and monsters their saviors?!"

    He shook his head in disgust.

    "No wonder he fled to this planet. I had heard that he was opportunistic, but I see the tales were modest."

    It was truly madness. He had been prepared for all sorts of encounters, with all sorts of beings, and all manner of conflict on the road to find the Nevadian...But to find his presence so...accepted. Treated as necessary and wanted....It was beyond his expectations.

    "And even if this planet is so desperate, what of the Galaxy Police? What could a rouge Nevadian provide you that your own brothers in arms could not? How could you simply allow--"

    He paused.

    The officer had told him that Held would return soon, didn't he? Very little else mattered. He was in the right place, at the right time, and it was simply a matter of waiting for his return.

    But still. Frogspierre's ire burned at his soul hotter than any iron could.

    "I'm curious. How does this work? How many worlds does one have to destroy before forgiveness is impossible? How many have to be saved to wipe away the sins of ones past? Did he simply save this world a single time, and it was decided that had balanced out his transgression?"

    He adjusted his rucksack, his grip on the strings holding it over his shoulder so tight that it could rend steel.

    "Your badge is a symbol of justice, is it not? Tell me, is this truly what you would consider right?"

    What could possibly be on this planet that the Galaxy Police would go to such lengths for? All life has its value, but...It's unusual to see such effort exerted for a planet with so little tangible value. Technologically, economically, let alone in terms of might, they seem to be nothing special.
    Blizzar calmly listened to the frog's spiel, hearing out his argument. It seemed that his hatred of Held ran deeper than he thought, but these accusations...just how many enemies had Held made by being in the wrong place at the wrong time? It was sort of amusing, almost, but he couldn't show such glibness to the Lookout's new guest.

    Despite his impassioned stance on the matters at hand, however, Blizzar could not help but be a little irked on this frog's accusations. It was a tense time, but he likely was not aware of the current circumstances.

    "Funny that you mention murderers and monsters...for they are among those who've saved this planet countless times, along with it's natives. I wouldn't exactly call it weak either, given that it's the most troublesome world I've ever had the pleasure of patrolling," the Arcosian went on.

    "Of the criminals housed here, Held is among the least impressive in terms crimes commited, the scale of such crimes, and sheer body count and yet...I'd like to think something has changed within these individuals or and least made them focus their aggressions on something worse," Blizzar continued, beginning to pace the halls.

    "I'd know this is not a satisfactory answer, but know that this planet was recently subject to not one but two recent invasions, back to back, repelled by it's defenders. One from a race few knew existed and the other from beyond time itself," Blizzar ceased his pacing to give Frogspierre a serious glance. "This sounds like a film sypnopsis, I am aware...but now that threat from beyond time ceases to end time as we know it and the forces gathered here are the ones that can out an end to it. Including Held."

    The Lieutenant shrugged, "That is why Held is needed...he has saved this planet on a few occasions and now must do again....think of it as community service. Whatever justice you seek will have to wait until this voyage to the end of time concludes...I'll even set up the bloody interrogation, if you want."

  15. #1440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Cyanna's absence did hurt, but he could assume she remained at Morgana's to pick up where he left off in learning. Aside from that, Althena's words seemed to be more of pity than any actual substance as she repeated his morbid tale as if he had forgotten.

    He began to speak up to voice his opinion of her offer but decided that he had wallowed in bitterness long enough, instead, he left only silence, "..."



    "He has always been listening," Charco replied before taking a bite of his ribs, filled with a momentary bliss that he would have savored had it not been for the fact that Ochazuke was beginning to take action. Still, he would not back down from his own meal, as evident as he took multiple more bites before continuing the conversation, "Whether or not he chooses to participate is another thing. I suspect right now he wants me to tremble in anxiety, paranoia, and dread as I wait for him to make his move."
    " If my words offend you then I'm sorry." I only wish to offer my aid to you young one. I can look into your mind if you want me to , but that is entirely up to you. If you don't want me to look into your mind then I will not do that," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-22-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •