Page 77 of 294 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With glowing eyes and a biting grin, Grinthorn confirmed everything Parsley thought of him. His name was Alakazah, and he wasn't human. The latter was obvious just from studying his mannerisms, but the former... Before she could wonder its meaning, his shadow shifted. Like a primordial serpent, it coiled itself around his person, shifting like water until it settled on a final form. A dragon of some shape. It's new draconian form held for the briefest of moments, just long enough for it to acknowledge that Parsley could see exactly what it -- and its master -- truly was.

Her eyes widened with surprise as she beheld what stood before her. A quick glance showed that Ochazuke saw the same, but apparently, no one else did.

Grinthorn, Alakazah was a dragon, one of the wish-granting creatures of lore. That raised many questions, all of which she wanted an answer to.

"Yes, let's talk business," she spoke up. Her eyes narrowed. "First things first, why have you taken a human form and what do you intend to accomplish with this world? Your leadership has been less than stellar, if certain people are to be believed."
    “And yet better than most. Statistically speaking, crime rates are at an all time low and the economy is booming. Earth is fast becoming an intergalactic interest and I already have plans drawn up with the GP and the Saiyan Empire. Rape, murder, etc...are almost non-existent as is poverty. Despite what the Raiders claim, I’ve brought prosperity to Earth.”

He shrugs.

“Besides, I like this rock. While I’m.....contained I see no reason why my adoptive world can’t thrive.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Attempting to attain his freedom. 'Only a wish from a peer, may set me free' was the gist of our conversation. Asha'rah, myself. Sasheem was a potential candidate ... it was implied he may have guided Koorimaru toward the amulet for much the purpose." Ishtar grunted, before shaking her head.

"His confinement notwithstanding ... he is also the leader of this planet."

Her mother gapes.

“Seriously? Ohh, daughter be careful. I hadn’t realized he was here as well. He can be most.....troublesome. And try to refrain from calling him by his false name. Knowing him be’s probably laced it with all sorts of psychic power.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Her mother gapes.

“Seriously? Ohh, daughter be careful. I hadn’t realized he was here as well. He can be most.....troublesome. And try to refrain from calling him by his false name. Knowing him be’s probably laced it with all sorts of psychic power.”
    "Troublesome indeed. For the moment I do not believe I can hinder him at all ... yet another reason why I look to grow stronger." Ishtar responded with a sigh.

The tidbit about his name however was ... an interesting one. "It would explain why he tends to appear at the mention of it, that. Though ... it would not matter much, in the end. The last time we spoke -- and he spoke plain, and true -- he erased the memories of those he could. His grand design however, and why he has a vested interest in this planet of all things however, eludes me."

Ah well. A thing to suss out in time ... perhaps when she had the strength to break him.

"I find it strange though ... the others left some time ago, and have yet to return. I wonder ..." Ishtar muttered, and tilting her head slightly she tapped her communication device and contacted the bundle of energy signitures over at Capsule Corps.

"Did you all get lost by chance ? Or has yet another Zaofan blown up a portion of the Capsule Corporation Laboratories ..."

While waiting for them to respond she sighed and turned her attention back to Shek'hinah.

"I suppose while I have you here ... it would be in my interest to ask if there is anything that might help in confronting 'that old snake'. Or really ... any information you feel relevant on the goings on, of recent days."

After all, a God of the Dead had a veritable endless network of informants ... the souls of the recently departed were quite chatty, as far as it went.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 07-29-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

On a desolate planet, Sonata meets up with twin brother Earl," Earl I want to turn over a new leaf. So I'm giving up my petty quest for vengeance!" Sonata said.

" You can't fool me I know this is a trap, Sonata! what are you up to?" Earl said.

Sonata smirks " Nothing I just what to have a chat with my twin brother is all." Sonata said.

Sonata walks towards Sonata, and just as he's about to inject Earl with appears to be a sedative. Earl pushes her out of the way," I knew it you are up to something. Did you think I would just let you inject me with a sedative?" Earl said.

Sonata smirk." heh so much for pulling the wool over your eyes," Sonata said.

" Earl looks at his brother." Sonata you need to turn yourself in. Killing David won't bring them back. It won't bring Ozzy, Hast or any of them back," Earl said.

Note: see Sonata's the Mob Rules Side plot.

Sonata lowers his head and clenches his fist." You know I can't do that I have sworn an oath I would make David pay for what he's done!" Sonata said.

" If you are not going to change you ways to I have to choice by to contact headquarters. I really don't want to have to put my brother behind bars," Earl said.

" Go ahead contact GP Headquarters see what happens," Earl said.

Earl tries to contact GP but gets nothing but static ." ****, I can't contact HQ something is interfering with my communicator," Earl said.

Sonata smirks." Knew you would request back up from the GP HQ. That's why I plan for this. I set up a device to block your signal to GP before you even got here," Sonata said.

Flashback Sonata is in disguise at a black market. " Look I need the best signal disruptor you have. One that can disrupt GP signals," Sonata said.
    the merchant nods at Sonata." Yeah, I have something like that it's pretty pricy through," The Merchant said.

" I don't care what the price. Just hand me the device!" Sonata said.

Merchant goes in the back and later hands Sonata a mechanical device. "This highly advanced signal disruptor is the best I have in stock," The Merchant said.

" Will it work on GP signals?" Sonata said.

" I guarantee it. this is a first-class signal disruptor top of the line," The Merchant said.

Sonata grabs the device and runs off. " Sorry I'm in a hurry I'll pay you back later," Sonata said.

End of Flashback.

Earl stares at Sonata." Dammit, what in the hell are you planning?" Earl said.

Sonata smirks." Wouldn't you like to know? Well if you want to take me in you have to do it by force. That's if you're man enough brother," Sonata said.

" If that's what it takes to get you to listen. Then I have no choice but to fight you!" Earl said.

Sonata smirks." That's the spirit brother! Now show me those GP combat skills of yours! Oh and no using our specters or weapons," Sonata said.

" You better keep that promise no tricks Sonata!" Earl said.

" I promise no tricks. since you're my brother I will go easy on you," Sonata said.

Earl and Sonata get into a brawl. Earl seems to be holding his own against, but Sonata doesn't even seem to be breaking a sweat, " I admit you improve since the last time we fought brother," Sonata said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmV9YMLY0A

" Yeah, This isn't going to end like last time, Sonata!" Earl said.

Earl uses his GP combat skills to take on his brother. using a variety of improvising attacks. The force of Earl and Sonata's blows create shockwaves creating a crater around them. Throughout the fight, Sonata is just smiling," This is fun, but I think it's time I stop playing around," Sonata said.

Just like that Sonata delivers a one-inch punch hitting Earl faster then he can react. Earl coughs up blood and goes flying through several mountains. Later Earl is struggling to get up, and Sonata appears before him grinning." No matter how much you improve they will always be a gap between us, brother," Sonata said.

Earl breathes heavily. (**** if I have any chance of beating Sonata I have to go all out!) Earl said. The fight between the brothers goes on as Earl goes all out against Sonata.

He gets a few good hits in on Sonata and cuts Sonata in his right eye. However, Sonata just smirks and wipes the blood from his right eye." is that all you got brother? I have been taking it easy on you so far, but no more," Sonata said.
    Sonata powers up." Time to show you just how huge the gap between us is, Earl!" Sonata said. Sonata goes on the defensive and causally deflects all of Earl's attacks using only his right hand.

Sonata then lands one final blow on Earl. Earl coughs up blood and falls to his knees." this fight is over you lost brother," Sonata said.

Earl struggles to get up as he looks at his brother. ( **** I was going all out, and I still couldn't beat Sonata,) Earl thought.

Sonata points towards a hilltop. " Sorry, but I can't have you getting in my way, brother!" Sonata said.

On Top of the Hill is Zoul with his revolver ready." Okay, that's my cue to fire," Zoul said. Zoul fires off an energy bullet from his revolver that reaches near the speed of light. The energy bullet hits Earl and knocks him out cold.

Sonata looks at his brother Earl lying unconscious on the ground. I will be borrowing your identity for a while brother. I need to grab my engineer Qaztoh. I know she's on Earth and that is most likely swarming with the GP," Sonata said.

Sonata then hugs his brother." That's why I need to borrow your identity. So that I can pass myself off as you brother, and sneak by the GP," Sonata said.

Sonata looks up at the Sky" I don't care if that Toadian Qaztoh is a princess. No one leaves my crew, and I mean no one!" Sonata said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-31-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“And yet better than most. Statistically speaking, crime rates are at an all time low and the economy is booming. Earth is fast becoming an intergalactic interest and I already have plans drawn up with the GP and the Saiyan Empire. Rape, murder, etc...are almost non-existent as is poverty. Despite what the Raiders claim, I’ve brought prosperity to Earth.”

He shrugs.

“Besides, I like this rock. While I’m.....contained I see no reason why my adoptive world can’t thrive.”
    "Hmph. Thrive." The word sounded too much like strive, which she had grown to detest due to exaggerated overuse. "Aren't you the benevolent higher power."

Parsley couldn't ascertain whether what he said was true or not. Granted, the planet -- outside of the occasional invasion -- seemed peaceful.

However, it didn't escape her that he failed to answer her first question. That was likely the more important one. "You didn't answer my first question. Why have you taken a human form?" His using the word contained was intriguing and made her change it up a bit. "Or rather, why were you given a human form and trapped here?"

Her gaze drifted from Alakazah to Ochazuke. The man, normally stoic and rarely bereft of words, appeared overwhelmed by what his sight beyond sight revealed to him. That was expected; she would have been more surprised if he wasn't shocked into silence by Grinthorn's true form. Parsley was given pause, but recovered quickly. She supposed having seen as much as she had -- battles, outstanding creatures, and different worlds on a near weekly basis -- numbed her to anything out of the ordinary. She was able to recover more quickly because very little fazed her anymore.

Not to say she was comfortable, but she was still able to think clearly.

For then, it was clear that she and Blizzar were going to have to ask the questions.

"Did you all get lost by chance ? Or has yet another Zaofan blown up a portion of the Capsule Corporation Laboratories ..."
    Again, Ishtar's voice filtered into her ear; this time, more directly. Hm. I suppose we have been gone for some time.

"We have Banner apprehended. With any luck, I'll be back to grill her up shortly. For now, we're entertaining Alakazah himself."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 07-29-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Enoki smiles.

“I’ll move back eventually, I promise. It just takes one getting used to, ok?”
    Sarada smiled back. "Okay. Just take your time. Hope you'll still be here by the time Parsley gets back." She turned to move toward Ishtar. Before she took a step, she added, "She's better than she used to be. I promise."

"I suppose while I have you here ... it would be in my interest to ask if there is anything that might help in confronting 'that old snake'. Or really ... any information you feel relevant on the goings on, of recent days.".
    Sarada snuck up on Ishtar and grabbed her chest from behind. "I never did congratulate you on beating your alter," she said. "I knew you could do it!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I'll be right there sir," Praxat said. Due to her panoramic vision, Praxat notices Dash. Praxat then approaches Dash and slightly waves at her." Oh hi there Dash I'm in a very bad mood, and it has to do with The Red Raiders," Praxat said.

Praxat then flies off towards the Lookout still wearing her Hazmat suit to have a chat with Jinzi about the Red Raiders.
    "Red Raiders?" Dash then watched Praxat take off as she takes in this news.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hmph. Thrive." The word sounded too much like strive, which she had grown to detest due to exaggerated overuse. "Aren't you the benevolent higher power."

Parsley couldn't ascertain whether what he said was true or not. Granted, the planet -- outside of the occasional invasion -- seemed peaceful.

However, it didn't escape her that he failed to answer her first question. That was likely the more important one. "You didn't answer my first question. Why have you taken a human form?" His using the word contained was intriguing and made her change it up a bit. "Or rather, why were you given a human form and trapped here?"

Her gaze drifted from Alakazah to Ochazuke. The man, normally stoic and rarely bereft of words, appeared overwhelmed by what his sight beyond sight revealed to him. That was expected; she would have been more surprised if he wasn't shocked into silence by Grinthorn's true form. Parsley was given pause, but recovered quickly. She supposed having seen as much as she had -- battles, outstanding creatures, and different worlds on a near weekly basis -- numbed her to anything out of the ordinary. She was able to recover more quickly because very little fazed her anymore.

Not to say she was comfortable, but she was still able to think clearly.

For then, it was clear that she and Blizzar were going to have to ask the questions.
    Moving in closer, close enough for the Sayain to hear, Dash spoke up clearly, "Parsley, this ain't by chance anything to do with Red Raiders, is it?"
    Last edited by Tami; 07-29-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Praxat arrives at the Lookout and meets up with Jinzi." Jinzi sir an intruder infiltrated Capsule Corp and stole my blueprints. The intruder used a common black market electrical disruptor, and a device of unknown quality to block CC communications," Praxat said.

Praxat takes off her Hazmat helmet." I have both devices in my lab. As for the intruder well, he was some sort of Gremlin standing about three feet tall. He was wearing a single tunic with the Red Raiders logo on it. He had abilities similar to my own," Praxat said.

Praxat crosses her arms." this Gremlin was able to dig underground at a rapid pace, and was able to emit toxic gas form their mouth. They could also shrink, and I tried to capture them, but they got away. Thanks to their shrinking ability and me not wanted to damage this CC Hazmat suit," Praxat said.

" I have a hunch that the intruder is heading back to Red Raiders Headquarters. So I want to ask you a question Jinzi, sir. Do you perhaps have any clue about the Red Raider's whereabouts?" Praxat said.

Praxat sits down." Also, I believe the Red Raiders have been spying on me. Jinzi sir, For years I have been working on molecule miniaturization to prove that a micro dimension as seen in Mirua's masterpiece Termite Man does exist," Praxat said.

Praxat uncrosses her arms." If my blueprints fall into the wrong hands like Grinthorn's they could be major serious ramifications. Even though Grinthorn has nothing to do with the Red Raiders. I still don't want my blueprints getting in his grubby hands," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-29-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

He nods, smoke curling around his head from his cigar.

“Funny how that works. Almost like my name is a summoning of sorts.”

He grins too widely.
    That...was an issue. One that Blizzar wasn't quite sure how to handle. His eye twitched a little. What course was there to combat an enemy that could know you were prepared to confront him at any moment. Who could arrive in an instant, ready to do what needed to be done, before you could even make the first step? Such a being, placed in charge of an entire planet...Earth was truly in a dire situation.

He shrugs.

Blizzar forced a chuckle," You've picked quite the planet to attach yourself too, I'll give you that. Many up in the distant stars would look down upon this little blue 'backwards' world only to fall for it once they've spent enough time here."

"Quite the place, indeed. Home to powerful warriors, magic. The might, the intelligent..." he folded his arms. "The gullible. Don't pretend that your aims are entirely benevolent. You work in the shadows, hiding your intent as well as your true form, whatever that may be..."The lieutenant pointed a single finger at Grinthorn. "But also like your gleeful visage there are a few obvious cracks. One simply has to do a little digging to bring them to light."

"Missing political rivals...dissenters silenced and disappeared," he he went on, beginning to pace the Geofront a little. ...It helped him ease his nerves. "Several missing persons cases, with direct connections of people you want under your thumb. There's a certain...merit to getting your hands dirty. Believe me, I'd know. But you don't simply seek to do what must be done, you mean to dictate the course of the planet form the comfort of your office. No regrets...no compassion. You enjoy all of this, in a sense, don't you?"

Moving in closer, close enough for the Sayain to hear, Dash spoke up clearly, "Parsley, this ain't by chance anything to do with Red Raiders, is it?"
    Parsley considered Dash briefly. "No," she answered simply. "If you were paying attention, the conversation shifted to your planet's president. Please refer to him by his true name, Alakazah, from here on."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley considered Dash briefly. "No," she answered simply. "If you were paying attention, the conversation shifted to your planet's president. Please refer to him by his true name, Alakazah, from here on."
    "Alakazah, huh? Ain't that typical. Can't trust any politician these days, specially ones who swim in the swamp." Dash glanced over at at Alakazah, then shook her head before continuing speaking to Parsley, "Then it seems Praxat was right to head to lookout. Ah heard her yell something about the Red Raiders, an she didn't look too happy 'bout it."

"Alakazah, huh? Ain't that typical. Can't trust any politician these days, specially ones who swim in the swamp." Dash glanced over at at Alakazah, then shook her head before continuing speaking to Parsley, "Then it seems Praxat was right to head to lookout. Ah heard her yell something about the Red Raiders, an she didn't look too happy 'bout it."
    Parsley stared at Dash, blinking every so often to show that she hadn't spontaneously lost consciousness. "You haven't been paying attention, have you?" Even if she knew nothing, even someone of the bare minimal intellect required to be considered mentally competent would know that something far more sinister was at play beyond the man standing before them being a "corrupt politician". Yet, it had become clearly evident that Dash's accent was indicative of far more than the culture in which she was raised.

"The ignorant should refrain from speaking, lest they confirm their blindness."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley stared at Dash, blinking every so often to show that she hadn't spontaneously lost consciousness. "You haven't been paying attention, have you?" Even if she knew nothing, even someone of the bare minimal intellect required to be considered mentally competent would know that something far more sinister was at play beyond the man standing before them being a "corrupt politician". Yet, it had become clearly evident that Dash's accent was indicative of far more than the culture in which she was raised.

"The ignorant should refrain from speaking, lest they confirm their blindness."
    "Hey! No need for insults. You're not an Earthling, ah am. An ah know this world better'n you. He ain't the first non-human to try somethin like this, an he won't be the last. Liven here is like liven in a perpetual state of confusion." she shrugs, "Ah'd prefer an earthling for World President, that ain't change anything. Not unless we can impeach him or fin' another way to get him out of office."

The power there is great, but also well bound. Grinthorn is limited, severely, and must use his mind almost exclusively. No combat capability remains to the bound dragon, nor is he allowed to actually cause harm to another through his power. However, he has found ways around these restrictions. Sleep is no harm, and a faint aura of magic permeates from his cigar smoke to all around him. From the smoke the magic can be worked subtlety. That was how he put them to sleep. If you can see or smell the smoke, he can cast upon you.

Likewise he has bound his name, Grinthorn, with a psychic summoning of sorts. When one thinks it or speaks it, it draws the ancient dragon’s eyes and awareness. When that happens he can move there instantly or cause his mind to listen there. A version of Farsight, or a scrying, is also used to gather information.
    The grey serpentine coiled within his prison of flesh, but it was not the shape that gave Ochazuke gave him pause. Though predatory, he was not merely a roaming beast fell to a seize upon some treasure. He could see it with the utmost claritity, that liminal existence suspend itself in the ether between spaces; the choking fumes wreathed in shadow swallowed lesser wills around it. In the depths of his concentration, it was as if Blizzar and Parsley's voices fell far into the distance.

The power of his mind... Despite what ancient matter surrounded the Dragon in his shell, the sole means of his conveyance remained unimpeded. Even if this was the solitary means to realized the power granted by his station, he had honed its edge.

The Dragon's Eyes stared from out of the abyss. His power to see was his power of command.

"Troublesome indeed. For the moment I do not believe I can hinder him at all ... yet another reason why I look to grow stronger." Ishtar responded with a sigh.

The tidbit about his name however was ... an interesting one. "It would explain why he tends to appear at the mention of it, that. Though ... it would not matter much, in the end. The last time we spoke -- and he spoke plain, and true -- he erased the memories of those he could. His grand design however, and why he has a vested interest in this planet of all things however, eludes me."

Ah well. A thing to suss out in time ... perhaps when she had the strength to break him.

"I find it strange though ... the others left some time ago, and have yet to return. I wonder ..." Ishtar muttered, and tilting her head slightly she tapped her communication device and contacted the bundle of energy signitures over at Capsule Corps.

While waiting for them to respond she sighed and turned her attention back to Shek'hinah.

"I suppose while I have you here ... it would be in my interest to ask if there is anything that might help in confronting 'that old snake'. Or really ... any information you feel relevant on the goings on, of recent days."

After all, a God of the Dead had a veritable endless network of informants ... the souls of the recently departed were quite chatty, as far as it went.
    Ochazuke heard the crackle through the comm, and through the trial of negotiating the expanse of the ethereal surrounding the President, his tightened lips struggled to part over his gritted teeth with a short quake.

"...haze..."

The fog that was his magical tether. The remotest expression of the ember that beat within Alakaza's heart. Though distant, its nature was one he'd seen, perhaps once before - Tiamat's will upon the threads of fate.

But this dragon had a taste of freedom before the fall. Though he lacked the power to enact his will so directly, in the smog creeping through those long teeth was the key to his dominion, the veil of filth that fell over the world and erased its borders to ash.

Still standing in silence, Ochazuke continued to concentrate on those who were immediately ensnared by Grinthorn's power. Now that he started to understand the shape of the trap, he ventured to go deeper. With Banjakuza, he slowly began to unravel the passive affect of Grinthorn's will where it hung in the air - particularly among the WG and GP officers. Karura no Kaen, the inherited Dragon's Flame, slowly manifest a small beacon through the spiritual haze of an unreal sleep.

As he stood among the blackened earth and glass, a low breeze gathered around Ochazuke, as if the silenced cry of a world struggled anew to draw a breath

OOC: 3