Page 78 of 294 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Again, Ishtar's voice filtered into her ear; this time, more directly. Hm. I suppose we have been gone for some time.

"We have Banner apprehended. With any luck, I'll be back to grill her up shortly. For now, we're entertaining Alakazah himself."
    There was silence on the line, as Ishtar processed what was said, and while there was a raised eyebrow at the mention of grilling -- and presumably eating, Dr. Gero -- it was the mention of Alakazah that was by far the more problematic. Entertaining ... Alakazah ?

Well that was not good. So when the Oni snapped to, she was quick to state why.

"He erased the memories of everyone unable to resist, the last time we spoke." Which had been, unless Ishtar misremembered ... earlier that same day. "He similarly prevents others from harming them. All things considered, returning sooner rather than later would be very, very wise." Knowing that the Saiyans had attained a new tier of power however, caused Ishtar to add something in an uncharacteristically strained tone.

"And whatever you do, do not make a wish in his presence."

Sarada snuck up on Ishtar and grabbed her chest from behind. "I never did congratulate you on beating your alter," she said. "I knew you could do it!"
    Before anything else could be added however, a familiar presence and even more familiar hands ... latched onto her breasts. A reassuring presence to be sure.

"Hello, Little Love."

Though what she said caused Ishtar to grimace, before shaking her head slowly. "It was not my Alter, truly. A clone ... and were it not for the intervention and magic of my mother; I would be missing my left arm. Though in fairness ..." the Oni started before trailing off.

"You are right in saying that I did successfully stop her. And I ... transformed, on top of it. So two small, silver-linings. Which reminds me I would like t-" the Oni began, before stopping short.

The weight on her breast was off.

"... your hand. Prosthetic ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey! No need for insults. You're not an Earthling, ah am. An ah know this world better'n you. He ain't the first non-human to try somethin like this, an he won't be the last. Liven here is like liven in a perpetual state of confusion." she shrugs, "Ah'd prefer an earthling for World President, that ain't change anything. Not unless we can impeach him or fin' another way to get him out of office."
    "I imagine you're familiar with perpetual states of confusion," Parsley remarked. She sighed, deeply and heavily, and struggled to find the words to respond. "The truth is often times the most insulting thing a person can hear. If you were paying attention while standing off at a distance, you'd realize that there is much more at play than this creature being a corrupt politician. In fact, that's the very least offensive thing he is. He has nothing to do with the Red Raiders, so please erase that trivial thought from your mind."

Another thought popped in her mind shortly after she fell silent. "And I believe you'll find impeaching the person potential responsible for dozens of political enemies and dissidents either disappearing or dying quite impossible."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Very well. The path will be hard, but stay firm. No matter what happens, Rex is incorrect in saying you are weak. It is your body and your mind and your will. When the time comes you’ll see.”

The nothingness fades away and is replaced by the normal room once more.
    Charco remained quiet after this, wordlessly rising from his seat to step outside.

He regretted coming here, he regretted letting Cyanna follow him, he regretted a lot of things. He had placed his hopes on delaying the inevitable, yet only accelerated it.

In the end, Rex was right, he would be the only one who suffers from this.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-29-2019 at 05:12 PM.

“Very well. The path will be hard, but stay firm. No matter what happens, Rex is incorrect in saying you are weak. It is your body and your mind and your will. When the time comes you’ll see.”

The nothingness fades away and is replaced by the normal room once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco remained quiet after this, wordlessly rising from his seat to step outside.

He regretted coming here, he regretted letting Cyanna follow him, he regretted a lot of things. He had placed his hopes on delaying the inevitable, yet only accelerated it.

Cyanna didn't follow him out, instead she stood up, hands on the table, "What's going on? You were supposed to help Charco! You were supposed to help him become stronger so that he could fight off Rex!" she demanded of Morgana.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I imagine you're familiar with perpetual states of confusion," Parsley remarked. She sighed, deeply and heavily, and struggled to find the words to respond. "The truth is often times the most insulting thing a person can hear. If you were paying attention while standing off at a distance, you'd realize that there is much more at play than this creature being a corrupt politician. In fact, that's the very least offensive thing he is. He has nothing to do with the Red Raiders, so please erase that trivial thought from your mind."

Another thought popped in her mind shortly after she fell silent. "And I believe you'll find impeaching the person potential responsible for dozens of political enemies and dissidents either disappearing or dying quite impossible."
    "Ah didn't come here lookin for a fight." She then looked around, sizing up the situation, before turning back to Parsley, "Ah'll leave you all to whatever your doin'. Seems like you don't need mah help anyway. An since Jinzi ain't here, ah'd better go an find him and Cyanna. Good luck, Princess." with that, Dash headed back out, walking to an open area where she could take off and fly to her next stop.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-30-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat arrives at the Lookout and meets up with Jinzi." Jinzi sir an intruder infiltrated Capsule Corp and stole my blueprints. The intruder used a common black market electrical disruptor, and a device of unknown quality to block CC communications," Praxat said.

Praxat takes off her Hazmat helmet." I have both devices in my lab. As for the intruder well, he was some sort of Gremlin standing about three feet tall. He was wearing a single tunic with the Red Raiders logo on it. He had abilities similar to my own," Praxat said.

Praxat crosses her arms." this Gremlin was able to dig underground at a rapid pace, and was able to emit toxic gas form their mouth. They could also shrink, and I tried to capture them, but they got away. Thanks to their shrinking ability and me not wanted to damage this CC Hazmat suit," Praxat said.

" I have a hunch that the intruder is heading back to Red Raiders Headquarters. So I want to ask you a question Jinzi, sir. Do you perhaps have any clue about the Red Raider's whereabouts?" Praxat said.

Praxat sits down." Also, I believe the Red Raiders have been spying on me. Jinzi sir, For years I have been working on molecule miniaturization to prove that a micro dimension as seen in Mirua's masterpiece Termite Man does exist," Praxat said.

Praxat uncrosses her arms." If my blueprints fall into the wrong hands like Grinthorn's they could be major serious ramifications. Even though Grinthorn has nothing to do with the Red Raiders. I still don't want my blueprints getting in his grubby hands," Praxat said.
    OT: for Cleric.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Troublesome indeed. For the moment I do not believe I can hinder him at all ... yet another reason why I look to grow stronger." Ishtar responded with a sigh.

The tidbit about his name however was ... an interesting one. "It would explain why he tends to appear at the mention of it, that. Though ... it would not matter much, in the end. The last time we spoke -- and he spoke plain, and true -- he erased the memories of those he could. His grand design however, and why he has a vested interest in this planet of all things however, eludes me."

Ah well. A thing to suss out in time ... perhaps when she had the strength to break him.

"I find it strange though ... the others left some time ago, and have yet to return. I wonder ..." Ishtar muttered, and tilting her head slightly she tapped her communication device and contacted the bundle of energy signitures over at Capsule Corps.

"Did you all get lost by chance ? Or has yet another Zaofan blown up a portion of the Capsule Corporation Laboratories ..."

While waiting for them to respond she sighed and turned her attention back to Shek'hinah.

"I suppose while I have you here ... it would be in my interest to ask if there is anything that might help in confronting 'that old snake'. Or really ... any information you feel relevant on the goings on, of recent days."

After all, a God of the Dead had a veritable endless network of informants ... the souls of the recently departed were quite chatty, as far as it went.
    “Ignore him. He can’t harm any of you outright by his own hand. Not bound as he is. As to information......”

She sighs.

“More Threshling souls have passed on recently. Which....is troubling due to their lifespans. Same with Arcosians. Something is happening there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: for Cleric.
    Jinzi pinches the bridge of his nose.

“No, their Charlie Base HQ is still hidden to use. What blueprints did this gremlin steal?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Cyanna didn't follow him out, instead she stood up, hands on the table, "What's going on? You were supposed to help Charco! You were supposed to help him become stronger so that he could fight off Rex!" she demanded of Morgana.
    “I did.”

Morgana shakes her head.

“Help doesn’t always come in the way we want or the way we expect. Charco and Rex finally had the discussion they needed to. Have faith in Charco. His path is long but there is light at the end.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

‘Charco.’

Eva calls to him mentally.

‘If you will, would you meet me at the Lookout.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alakazah is about to speak when his mouth snaps shut.

Glowing eyes turn and towards Ochazuke as the cigar smoke suddenly vanished, the cigar disappearing into dust from his mouth.

The GP soldiers and the WG soldiers both start moving again, awoken from their sleep.

Grinthorn eyes Ochazuke and steps back slightly, rage on his face making the extra wide grin that remains on there even more wicked.

“Zxu’ro.”

He snaps his fingers and the WG soldiers all start to leave, grumbling to themselves. Grinthorn is the last and his form seems to dissipate instead.

“Another time, everyone. Blizzar, I’ll see you at the summit. Bring Gero then.”

And then his prawn was and form is gone.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I did.”

Morgana shakes her head.

“Help doesn’t always come in the way we want or the way we expect. Charco and Rex finally had the discussion they needed to. Have faith in Charco. His path is long but there is light at the end.”
    Cyanna's body relaxed as she stood up, "Then tell me, please, aside from having faith in Charco, what else can I do for him? Or was Rex right, am I doing more harm than good for him?"

Cyanna's body relaxed as she stood up, "Then tell me, please, aside from having faith in Charco, what else can I do for him? Or was Rex right, am I doing more harm than good for him?"
    “Stand with him. Aid him as you can. Rex thrives on being alone, and proving he is the best. On proving help and others make one weak.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alakazah is about to speak when his mouth snaps shut.

Glowing eyes turn and towards Ochazuke as the cigar smoke suddenly vanished, the cigar disappearing into dust from his mouth.

The GP soldiers and the WG soldiers both start moving again, awoken from their sleep.

Grinthorn eyes Ochazuke and steps back slightly, rage on his face making the extra wide grin that remains on there even more wicked.

“Zxu’ro.”

He snaps his fingers and the WG soldiers all start to leave, grumbling to themselves. Grinthorn is the last and his form seems to dissipate instead.

“Another time, everyone. Blizzar, I’ll see you at the summit. Bring Gero then.”

And then his prawn was and form is gone.
    Blizzar blinked...the president had vanished and his army with him. The Arcosian turned to Ochazuke. Apparently he was the cause of this. Perhaps the reason for his prolonged Spence during the duration of this impromptu meeting.

"Well, I can't say I'm happy that several questions remain unanswered, but...it seems you've managed to do something to ward him away," he looked from the human to the Saiyan. "Could either of you glean anything from him?"

“Stand with him. Aid him as you can. Rex thrives on being alone, and proving he is the best. On proving help and others make one weak.”
    "Then I also need to become stronger. If I am to stand with Charco against Rex," Cyanna had that look she gets when she has made up her mind, "then I need to be able to stand with him, not be a liability or someone he feels he needs to protect. It's just, how could I defend myself against Rex if I had to?"