Page 63 of 294 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her inital impulse was to throw herself at him. A mix of emotions, relief that he was back to normal, guilt over not realizing something was wrong sooner, anger over what had happened ... it was an enormous effort of will to restrain herself.

"Brother Jinzi, is it alright if I punish Gero? Really, really punish her for what she did to you? Or, are you going to punish her yourself?"

She then turned to Held and Sarada, "Thank you both for saving Jinzi. "
    Jinzi grins.

“Oh, I think Adam might beat you to it. But by all means, you can have a crack at her too.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada's confidence in Held had grown and solidified after he saved her life. So she had complete faith that he would be able to save Jinzi from... whatever Gero had done to him.

And her faith was rewarded. Jinzi shot up, spitting a three syllable word that she had never heard in her life. It sounded like an insult, but she wasn't sure. "I knew you could do it!" she said, slapping Held hard on the back. "How are you feeling, Jinzi?"

"It was no problem. Though, I didn't really do anything."
    “Angry. Betrayed. And I taste burnt toast in my mouth for some reason, which probably can’t be good.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "..Uh...What's a Karis?" Held replied, pursing his lips as he attempted to make sense of his explanation. "Actually, what's a Tr--Nevermind, it was obviously some sort of insult."

Well, atleast he seems back to normal.

"Uh, maybe you should sit down for a moment, Jinz." Held continued, laughing nervously as he watched the frantic moments and psychotic eyes of his friend, "I mean, you're fine but that was a bit of a moment, don't you think?"

"What can I say?" Held replied with a bashful half shrug, "Once you deal with evolving poisons spread throughout a body and whatnot, something like this is childs play."

He laughed, "Still, I wonder what Gero was hiding that was worth the effort to try and stop Jinzi like this?"
    He does so, finished with his typing on his wrist device.

“Yeah, I’ll take it easy for a bit. Need to work on Sarada’s hand anyways.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I refuse. You have yet to demonstrate actual physical proof. Just words.”

She taps the side of her glasses and smiles.

“30 seconds.”
    "No evidence?" Blizzar stifled a laugh. "Why on the contrary..."

Adam responds after a moment.

“Jinzi is free. I merely waited for his confirmation.”

A whisper of his power.

The Circle Screams.’

And he vanishes.

—————

Ochazuke, an old familiar presence starts to beat a rhythm you recognize.

Damask.

From within the earth the old golem from a bygone era heads straight for Gero.
    "...perhaps it's a conversation best continued later," the Arcosian shrugged. "It seems your the one who's time is up!" He took on a battle stance, deciding now was prooobably the most appropriate time to do so.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Angry. Betrayed. And I taste burnt toast in my mouth for some reason, which probably can’t be good.”
    Burnt toast was disgusting, so that was definitely a bad thing. "Bitch'll be turned to chunks eventually." Sarada stretched and started to walk inside. "I'm gonna take a shower and eat something, then I'll be back."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi grins.

“Oh, I think Adam might beat you to it. But by all means, you can have a crack at her too.”
    Cyanna's eyes suddenly went wide, "Oh, if Sis finds out..." she actually shivered slightly, "Maybe we shouldn't tell her." As she spoke, she had flashbacks to Meagan decapitating a small army of Nagadarr.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-05-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

To her annoyance, the feed seems to not being going through. After a moment of broadcasting nothing, further investigation discovers another device. This one is of unknown quality and appears to be jamming CC’s signals. Not personal comms or anything, but just the CC main ones and any broadcast CC can do.
    " Hmm this unknown device appears to be jamming my main signal to CC. I could bypass it but that would take time. So I'm going to have to inform the others here on my personal cell phone," Praxat said.

Praxat takes out her Cell Phone from her Jobox and uses it to broadcast a live video feed. " Every one I have urgent news there is an intruder at Capsule Corp. My last feed couldn't go through because of a device that was jamming my main CC signal. So I had to use my personal Cell Phone to broadcast this," Praxat said.

Praxat moves her cell phone around to show the rest of evidence she has," The intruder has stolen a bunch of my blueprints, and they have three fingers with claws according to the fingered claw/finger marks I found all around my lab!" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena relays a visualization of a memory she had to Andron. The memory is her as a little girl two thousand and ten years ago. In the visualization Althena is in a swam like area surrounding by older kids that seem to be trying toss rocks at a bug alien like wolf creature. That wasn't bothering anyone.

Althena is protect the creature and even as a little girl she's muscular, Which makes her body quite different from the older Toadian girls that are surrounding her. The older Toadians and Althena seem to be saying something in visualization but much of the sound breaks up and is static with only young Althena yelling at the others to leave poor creature alone being clear in her native tongue. One older Toadian kid attempts to hit the wolf with a stick but Althena grabs him.

However, in the visual Young Althena ends up grabbing too hard and ends up crushing the older Toadian kid's wrist. It's not clear what the Toadian is saying to Althena in the visual thanks to the sound breaking up constantly. However, her skin color turns red which is a sign that she's angry at Althena. Next visualization is the older Toadians pointing fingers at Althena and throw rocks at her.

The sound is still breaking up, but one part is clear and that is the older Toadians calling Althena a freak multiple times. The next part of the visual is of a Young Althena whose skin is blue showing that she's depressed being cheer up by adult female Toadian in monk type uniform. That hands her a piece of meat. What the adult Toadian says to Young Althena isn't clear except for one thing.

That she will train Althena to control that uncanny strength of hers. Other adult Toadians walk by in the visual they speak about Althena. Most of the comments aren't clear thanks to the sound breaking expect for one comment which is that one adult Toadian makes a comment about how could that abomination be our next Queen.

In the visual the adult female Toadian comforting young Althena and telling her in the visual even through the sound is breaking up. That she shouldn't worry about what others think. The visualization ends with the Adult female Toadian referring to Althena as young Mistress and Althena calling her Melina. Even through most of the sound is breaking up.

All the sound in the visual that can be heard clearly is being spoken in Althena's native tongue.
    Andron points his staff at her, then speaks to Althena telepathically, "Again, only now project an event that has happened within the past hour or two."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hmm this unknown device appears to be jamming my main signal to CC. I could bypass it but that would take time. So I'm going to have to inform the others here on my personal cell phone," Praxat said.

Praxat takes out her Cell Phone from her Jobox and uses it to broadcast a live video feed.
    His communicator began to rumble gently in his pocket, prompting the boy to pull it out and check to see the caller ID.

Unknown

A sigh came from Charco, whose head was shaking in disappointment, "...telemarketers," Hitting the decline button, he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"Not to question a genius like yourself, Jinzi, but shouldn't some of your devices have picked up the fact that you had a foreign object in there?"
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-05-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    His communicator began to rumble gently in his pocket, prompting the boy to pull it out and check to see the caller ID.

Unknown

A sigh came from Charco, whose head was shaking in disappointment, "...telemarketers," Hitting the decline button, he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"Not to question a genius like yourself, Jinzi, but shouldn't some of your devices have picked up the fact that you had a foreign object in there?"
    Coming over to take a closer look, "What was that?" Cyanna asked as he put his phone away. She would have used hers, only she left it back on Chroma, in her bedroom in the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Coming over to take a closer look, "What was that?" Cyanna asked as he put his phone away. She would have used hers, only she left it back on Chroma, in her bedroom in the temple.
    "Probably a telemarketer," He replied with a shrug, not really putting any other thought into it, "Must have a bad ass signal to reach up here, but you know how they are."

Adam responds after a moment.

“Jinzi is free. I merely waited for his confirmation.”

A whisper of his power.

The Circle Screams.’

And he vanishes.
    Ochazuke had returned to the Stasis lab of the Geofront just soon enough to see Adam fade from sight entirely, along with what seemed to be his very presence. The conceit of this 'thinking machine'... If it had been a mechanical logic at all, then perhaps its appropriator had more in common with Adam's substance than he would have liked. Input, output; quantification, acquisition. Gero and Pantaloon had provided the shortest path to its own fluorishing, was he foolish in presuming loyalty had factored into any facet of the path Adam now stood upon?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "No evidence?" Blizzar stifled a laugh. "Why on the contrary..."

"...perhaps it's a conversation best continued later," the Arcosian shrugged. "It seems your the one who's time is up!" He took on a battle stance, deciding now was prooobably the most appropriate time to do so.
    Just out of local earshot, Ochazuke pinged Blizzar's signal over the comm. Though the officer had preempted this confrontation, it seemed that Char, in some fashion, had forseen trouble had come for her. Things had been in motion before they even arrived. Back the way he and Wilhelm had come from, he neared Karis's stasis pod, remaining concealed for the moment.

"If you're going to apprehend her, get off the ground," he said over the line, "something is approaching quickly below."

Ochazuke, an old familiar presence starts to beat a rhythm you recognize.

Damask.

From within the earth the old golem from a bygone era heads straight for Gero.
    Every step nearer to the looming presence revealed just a bit more. It was distinctly cold, put upon a surface of artifice and nigh mechanical. But something about its movements were possessed of a certain agility, an irregular variance that could not be from some thing crafted for a singular purpose.

Drawing from the Earth, Ochazuke felt the thing burrowing upwards through it, and in that moment he felt it. The two of them drew upon the same source of living energy. It's drawing upon the ki inherent to the Earth itself!

He'd heard something about this from Held, Zaofan and Chuan - and incessantly from Chou when their company had first met. A thing animated from some old magic, an ancient thing that served only one master. Rautt.

Seething, Ochazuke had a scarce moment to prepare. Crouching to the laboratory floor, he closed his eyes and set his palm upon it and feeling the motion produced it its wake below. I see. Then we both feel the pulse of the Earth...

The very ground below him was the Golem's element, already he was at a disadvantage, for it was of its nature. But he was aware entirely of the expanse of the Geofront he currently attuned with. Focusing his meditation field upon the loam that surrounded them from all sides, he concentrated his ki, listening at the heart of the structure.

Just as the Spider sits at the edge of its Web.

Raising his free hand up, he began to charge a Dodonpa, and waited.

Thanks to Held's efforts, the crisis had been dealt with, Karine had found the very idea of anything implanted in one's head disturbing. Not that it shouldn't be, but considering Nosferartu culture of messing with things of the mind as far as altering it like that made it more troubling for the young woman. "In either case, I'm glad we managed to get it taken care of. It must have been a lot more subtle until now for no one not to have noticed until recently."

"Probably. Only way that makes sense anyway." Aleka partly agreed, the other reason it could of slipped was enough of the group were all a few cards from a full deck so to speak. She hadn't gotten that impression from the group at large.

For the most part.

"Anyway, I'm going to take it easy and get a few things done. If anyone needs be, I'll be around." Aleka excused herself from the group to grab something to eat and meditate. She may get a kata going for later but it really did depend how she was feeling.
    ________

The best part of the LookOut, besides the food was the once in a life time opportunity it presented itself both in terms of training along with the unique myriad of individuals that lived there. Aleka could count on her fingers of how many Sayain's she met in person, but here there was a total of three, four if you counted Totoma. Most of the others consisted of humans who she met her fair share of since staying here along with more exotic people she never heard of, as in the case with Karine.

Aleka would never pretend to have some grand illusion of her own ability, but neither would she dismiss what she was capable of. A realistic view of your ability while not short changing yourself was important in her view. As far as her battle moments ago, she wasn't satisfied with her performance in the end. Granted she hadn't been useless though her role had been more of a supporting one. There were two main ways to go about this, either expand on that role(which she was fine with) or try to develop more of her individual strength. Balancing both could be tricky but definitely doable in her mind as long as she kept a few things in mind.

I think that'll do...

She found a spot that was devoid of people at the LookOut where she could meditate, not a room but just in the other corner of the place. No matter how many times Aleka saw the view she wasn't sure if she ever grow completely tired of it.

And from there she began to meditate.

___

It was quite around this time in the evening of the dojo save for a few students practicing more quietly and diligently for the few after hours before they had to leave. A lot of the time Aleka would stay for that extended period to lend a hand, or otherwise keep herself busy. Sitting idle for long periods of time was something she wanted to avoid at all cost since she was unsure if she'd be able bat away her inner demons after her lost at this stage.

At least that was the plan, but she had been called into the office by master Rosdom had wanted talk to her. She wasn't entirely sure what about, but she had a few eductated guesses if what he wanted to discuss. Upon entering the office after a brief knock, it instantly felt a few degree's warmer then the rest of the dojo. Rosdom had said in his older age the temperatures his body agreed with had changed quite a bit and while he would tolerate the rest being what the others were more comfortable, in his office and at home it was another story.

"You came a bit late, but I'm glad you managed to come."

An older gentleman in his sixties sat comfortably behind a desk, they appeared human save for the pointed ears. There was enough grey on his hair to signal his age otherwise and his eyes had a otherwise kind look, if a bit tired.

"I just got distracted by a few things but they're taken care of now." Aleka went to sit down in the offered seat. "What did you want to talk about?"

The old man sighed slightly. "..This is something I had hoped to avoid as I thought you were getting better but something that needs to be discussed. I consider you like a daughter Aleka, and your state concerns me. You became more obesseive after finding out the news of these Dragonballs, and when they bore nothing it seemed to have set you back."

A long pause came from the Acorian. "..I'm fine. I mean I don't think I've regressed if that's your worry."

"Upon finding out about them, you ignored everything else you had been built up until then. And when your quest work, you shut yourself off again. I worry where that path might lead."

"............"

Aleka didn't answer right away, but she did after a bit with her voice notably more quite. "...It's really funny how so many of the kids look up to me. They ask me how to get through certain things, or advice..but here I am falling apart while putting on a show for everyone. Not much of a role model at the moment."

"There's no shame in going through long periods of weakness." Rosdom said. "Too often we get so focused on what was, we forgot what is in the present. Compared to how..some I have known taken similar loss I'd say you have been handling it better then most."

"I guess I just don't feel like it. Crappy thing is that's suppose to be the normal part.." Aleka shook her head. "Thanks for the worry I'll..see what I can do."

"In the mean time, why not stay here temporarily?" The offer mildly surprised the Acorian but not by much. "You're very good with the students and espeically the children here so why not have a room and board? You would not be the first one, and if nothing else it should keep you from doing anything foolish."

It was a tempting offer. At the end of the day, what did it hurt to try in this case?

"Sure why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Probably a telemarketer," He replied with a shrug, not really putting any other thought into it, "Must have a bad ass signal to reach up here, but you know how they are."
    Cyanna wasn't so sure about that phone call, so she just shrugged before suggesting, "Well, how about we go and hunt down Gero before you go for your Psychic lessons?"

Adam appears behind Gero, limb made blade like. Momentarily, anger flared across his voice.

“You harmed Jinzi. Your life is forfeit.”

The blade slices through the air, but stops cold upon contacting Gero’s upraised arm.

She smirks.

With a moments surprise on her side, an electrical pulse charges through her arm and out into Adam. It won’t hold him long as he’ll absorb it, but for the moment he is stunned.

Wilhelm, meanwhile, has carefully moved in and wheeled Karis’ tube further away from the action, dropping a small device that surrounds he and the tube in a shimmering energy shield.

———

From below erupts a massive golem of stone and earth. Somehow, the old golem Willa Rautt has commanded was bigger and even more powerful. It moves to grab Gero and bring her towards him amongst the confusion of his arrival.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM