Page 215 of 294 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The kids were just about to step through the portal to safety and freedom when some werewolf clown appeared and started barking about insubordination and other bullshit. Sarada didn't have the patience to listen and understand, but she did feel like she could get a nice wolfskin pelt out of this. Possibly as a rug or part of a new cape.

Hm. Wait what?

She suddenly found herself in a nightmarish world. The Wolf thing started shooting at her, and it actually hurt? The thing also got a lot more powerful. She wasn't sure how powerful, it wasn't exactly clear.

"Look, I don't have time for bullshit," she sighed. "Kids need to be saved and pirates killed. And you kn particular skinned and turned into a bitchin' party dress."

She roared, letting her overwhelming Super Saiyan power push the nightmarish world away – she assumed this was some kind of magic or psychic ability – then closed in on Fang.

Grabbing his gun by the barrel, she planted a hard kick to his torso.
    Sarada's kick seems to do nothing to Fang. However, something wasn't right." The kids here don't need to be saved, because of Sonata has already saved them. " Fang said.

" Just like he saved me back when I was just a kid eleven years ago. Some of these kids he found. Others he saved from bad homes. He saved these children and gave them a purpose to be a part of his crew!" Fang said in an unhinged tone.

" These kids should be thankful that such a loving and generous person as the Captain was able to grace their lives," Fang said.

( Ouch even with my armor on that kick really f@#king hurt. Dammit, I don't know how long I can keep up Von's Illusion of me being more powerful than I'm actually am."

Most of the kids stop in front of the portal and don't move. It's as if they're in a trance. One kid even starts backing away from the portal and looks at Sandara in fear. " Stay away from me, spider monster," the kid said.

" I saw you attack that kid. You just want me to go through that portal so you can eat me," the kid said.

The Metalmen children, however, aren't affected by the illusions. All but one of them enter the portal." Why are you guys acting strange? " The Metal Man kid said in a confused tone as he looks at the other children.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost: Part 6

Sasheem skidded across the dirt, leaving a trail in his wake. He slid by next to a few civilians still looking upon the fight between the two Majin in shock. Sasheem grumbled as he sat up and glanced upon them with a snarl, "Hey, feel free to stick around and enjoy the show if you wanna get your dumbasses KILLED," he snapped at them. "Not like Sasheem's gonna save youuuuuuuuuu-!" the Majin echoed as his counterpart's hand stretched over, grabbing him by the antennae, yanking him forward and punching him in the skull, causing him to shoot backwards. His hands still clutching his 'good' duplicate's antennae, the 'evil Sasheem yanked backwards once more, like a sort of Majin yo-yo in order to land another punch at Sasheem's cranium.

The evil Majin reeled Sasheem back once more, only for Sasheem to kick his legs up in mid-air as he was being pulled forward, nailing the evil Majin in the chin with his feet. The other Majin fell back towards the ground, still not letting go of Sasheem's antennae. Sasheem used the momentum to deliver another stomp, this time while in his Katchin Mode, to the his counterpart's abdomen.

The evil Majin's hands instinctively clutched his stomach as Sasheem leaped upward into the air, intent on delivering another stomp. The evil Majin quickly collected himself, rolling backwards into a handstand and leaping out of the way. Sasheem's stomp tore into the earth, scattering clumps of dirt and grass into the air. The two Majin glanced up at eachother with a glare, both taking fighting stances. The wind had had picked up, carrying the dust in the breeze dramatically.

Sasheem's eyes then darted to the remains of the fountain behind the evil Majin...before zapping it with his antennae, turning it into a giant cinnamon pretzel. The evil Majin glanced over his shoulder at the pretzel....and then back to Sasheem who remained in his battle stance...and then back to the pastry. The evil Majin darted towards the pretzel, scarfing it down rapidly.

"Sasheem knew it!" the more talkative Majin taunted, dropping an elbow on the back of the other Majin's neck, causing his counterpart's eyes to bulge from their sockets as well as chunks of pretzal to fly from his maw. The evil Majin, now enraged, grabbed Sasheem by the arm, flipping him onto the pretzel as he activated his Naga Palm. Sasheem quickly activated his own, using his hands to counter the evil Majin's.

Both also entered Katchin mode, the clash of metal echoing throughout the park as their fists connected. In a maneuver to get himself off of the ground, Sasheem stretched over and used his ankles to grab the evil Majin's head, flipping him forward and onto the grass. Both lay there for a moment to catch their breaths before both suddenly flipped to their feet. Sasheem fell into the traditional stance of the Snake School as his counterpart did the same...this was going to be a problem.

If this evil Majin knew everything he did, every movement, stance, and counter, then how was Sasheem gonna get one up on him? Likewise, there was nothing the other Majin could of that he couldn't counter. Sasheem's only real advantage was that he was less stupid, but it's not like the evil(er) him wasn't clever in his own right..

"Still can't figure it out? I can't believe I still have to help you..." a familiar voice sighed within Sasheem's mind.

"Sensei?" Sasheem muttered. "You're alive?!" he asked, in surprised but...happy. He had to quickly focus, however, due to a wave of Venom Mist shot his way that he only barely dodged.

"No, stupid. Still dead. Nothing's changed in that regard," the Snake Mistress audibly (mentally?) rolled her eyes. "I'm back in the afterlife. That magic wasn't much of a threat to me and my time was limited anyway...though if I'd knew you'd get so upset over me, I probably would've bothered to stay longer."

"Okay, well....cool," Sasheem murmured, irritated at his old teacher having gone and insulted him yet again. He could practically feel her laughing again. "So, you gonna help or what?! Maybe talk to Sasheem 2? It could calm him down!" the Majin asked,

"I've tried...he's fairly mindless. In other words a perfect copy" the Snake Mistress replied.

"In other words a perfec-..." Sasheem began to mock, grabbing the evil Majin in a headlock and pulling backwards as his arms lay a strike to his chest. The evil Majin's arms struck back at Sasheem's face, knocking him backwards and loosening his grip, as his counterpart's arms coiled around him, binding him. "So, any advice? Sasheem doesn't feel like dealing with this clown all day!" the Majin asked, using the Bear's Claws to slice through counterpart's arms , causing them to fall uselessly to the ground before darting back to their originator.

"Mmm...Nope! Well...maybe a bit of parting advise, eh? Look within yourself and you'll realize there's something that only you can utilize without. Knowing this your copy will not be able to match you..." the Snake Mistress offered, her words echoing in Sasheem's mind as he guidance faded away.

Yeah...'guidance'. "What...what kinda bullshit is that?" Sasheem asked in desperation as the evil Majin slugged him across the face. Sasheem's mind raced to think of a solution to his sensei's puzzling statement. Something he had to figure out himself, of course. Training, even at a time like this when he JUST reunited with her again, while she's kicking back in the afterlife. Truly life, here and after, was a complex web. The fact that the only reason this was even happening was to stop a worse version of himself from slaughtering people for no particular reason was also some sort of irony, he was certain.

But now, as he and his counterpart took identical stances once more, Sasheem began to wonder what he had that the other lacked. Besides the ability to talk ****. Sasheem reared his hand back as his counterpart did the same. Energy gathered in both of their hands as they shouted in unison, "Samehada!" and the two blades of ki clashed in the middle of the park.

Default Guardian Network

Her project, what she had been working on for so long, was not going as planned. Meagan realized that she needed a fresh perspective on this.

Standing outside Capsule Corps, Meagan calls up to Eva, "If you have the time, there is something I need your help with. May I come to the Lookout and talk with you?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her project, what she had been working on for so long, was not going as planned. Meagan realized that she needed a fresh perspective on this.

Standing outside Capsule Corps, Meagan calls up to Eva, "If you have the time, there is something I need your help with. May I come to the Lookout and talk with you?"
    ‘Of course. Come on up.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘Of course. Come on up.’
    Taking flight, Meagan soon landed on the Lookout. As soon as she did, she saw Eva nearby, waiting for her.

Walking over, "I know everyone, including you, have been busy lately, so I appreciate your help. There is a problem that I could use your insight. If it is okay, can we go inside and talk over some tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The Salesman was not taken aback, rather a glint is his malformed eyes seemed to suggest he had been looking forward to the reveal.

Yet in the presence of such power....he was still but a dot before Alakazah.

Shrinking back to his original size and shape, the salesman folds his arms behind his back. "HeheHe....Well look at you. Throwing around that much magic.....there is a debt to be paid with the use of that power. I know where mine stands, but what about you."

He tips his hat with a smile. "Don't be surprised when the collectors come and you can't afford it."

Turning to the side, the man looks into the distance. "Fine day we're having, isn't it. Would be a pity if it were ruined by a regretful revelation."

The salesmans form, his illusion, dissipated. In his place.....was a child, one of the children of the mob that had been with her parents in the wrong place at the wrong time.. Her glazed look suggested she had no idea what she was doing....but...

...in her hand was a recording device set to transmit.
    The recorder, and all tech, seems to have been shut down within a mile around the President. He hadn’t been at this for twenty years without being able to predict and put into place counter measures. The dragon form was only seeable to magic users anyways, or those spiritually sentsative.

He breathes smoke out of his mouth and it covers the just recovering crowd, altering memories of the event to make it seem like nothing happened at all.

He then teleports away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: For Cleric
    “A ship will be sent out to your location. ETA two days.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Taking flight, Meagan soon landed on the Lookout. As soon as she did, she saw Eva nearby, waiting for her.

Walking over, "I know everyone, including you, have been busy lately, so I appreciate your help. There is a problem that I could use your insight. If it is okay, can we go inside and talk over some tea?"
    “Of course. Come in.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Of course. Come in.”
    Soon they were sitting comfortably at a table. Earth tea was very different than Chroma tea. It was a rare delicacy that often calmed her and helped her to focus. After al that she has been through lately, she felt the need for it's soothing effects.

Taking a sip, Meagan placed the cup back on its' small plate before speaking. "You know that I have been working on creating the Guardian Network for some time. I had thought that technology alone would solve the problems of long distance communications, then I added a psychic component. After numerous tests, I have to admit to myself that there are serious design flaws in the system. These flaws were made even more clearer after I spoke with Lady Maiz."

"Until I can come up with a system that allows for clear and quick communication, without placing each Guardian at risk, I know she won't sign on tot he project. And she's right, the Guardian Network is intended to protect Guardians, and the planets they protect, from unexpected attacks. I know there has to be a way to do this, I feel like I'm overlooking something."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Indeed," Blizzar added.

"That will be discussed later," Blizzar stated matter-of-factly.

"That will also be discussed later," he assured Held. "Shouldn't we get a move on in any case?" He inquired to those helming this mission.
    The Nevadian quirked an eyebrow at his Acrosian companion. He seemed far more reserved and professional than the Nevadian had seen in quite some time. Both during the raid against Incenio, and Midori, he seemed much more relaxed.

"Ah, I suppose you are on the clock on this one, aren't you?" Held murmured to himself, realizing that this mission was likely in some professional capacity or another. Not to mention, Held could hardly envision another scenario in which Blizzar would not want to negotiate payment first.

It was practically standard operation procedure for Privateers and Merchants alike, and while Blizzar might not have been either, his business acumen would do both proud.

Nadila looks at Held." Well, when I was with them. Stratovarius Buccaneers were plundering from crime families and big powerful corporations. So yeah, I say they probably a royally pissed bunch of them off. " Nadila said.
    "Well, that's a good way to get such a massive bounty on your head." Held replied with a slight chuckle, "It's a shame they didn't just stick to robbing from the rich, I might not have bothered to take the job if they weren't dabbling in slavery and the like..."

That was inaccurate, he realized after a moment.

"Well, I would have taken the job, but I wouldn't have been as enthusiastic about it." He concluded, rubbing his jaw.

"Slavery alone is pretty bad, but I've never met a slaver I didn't want to punt over the horizon."

He barely managed to refrain from rolling his eyes as he recalled memories past.

"I don't like to generalize about an entire group of people, but it's amazing how grating they can be, even if you had no idea what they did as their 'occupation'. I could probably tell the type at a glance if I really needed to do so."
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-20-2019 at 03:56 PM.

“A ship will be sent out to your location. ETA two days.”
    " I will be patiently waiting for the ship's arrival ." Araxat said in an eerie calm tone.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada's kick seems to do nothing to Fang. However, something wasn't right." The kids here don't need to be saved, because of Sonata has already saved them. " Fang said.

" Just like he saved me back when I was just a kid eleven years ago. Some of these kids he found. Others he saved from bad homes. He saved these children and gave them a purpose to be a part of his crew!" Fang said in an unhinged tone.

" These kids should be thankful that such a loving and generous person as the Captain was able to grace their lives," Fang said.

( Ouch even with my armor on that kick really f@#king hurt. Dammit, I don't know how long I can keep up Von's Illusion of me being more powerful than I'm actually am."

Most of the kids stop in front of the portal and don't move. It's as if they're in a trance. One kid even starts backing away from the portal and looks at Sandara in fear. " Stay away from me, spider monster," the kid said.

" I saw you attack that kid. You just want me to go through that portal so you can eat me," the kid said.

The Metalmen children, however, aren't affected by the illusions. All but one of them enter the portal." Why are you guys acting strange? " The Metal Man kid said in a confused tone as he looks at the other children.
    "Tch. Forcing children into a life of piracy isn't saving them, you idiot. Racking up bounties, breaking the law, forcing them to do your dirty work. It's slavery, pure and simply, furbag."

His armor was durable, but even the most powerful materials had a limit. She covered her fists with ki and laid into him, a unrelenting barrage on Fang's armor.

"You and people like you are scum," she snarled. "You think that just because you 'saved' these kids, that means they have to do what you say no matter what. Guess what, dickhead. They don't. They have free will and can leave whenever they want. And if you were this righteous savior, you'd let them. You don't and that makes you and the rest of these pirates slavers. You're not better than the Saiyans of old or the Junjo."

Every word was punctuated by a powerful punch that cracked his armor. Dozens of punches that chipped away at the armor until there was nothing left.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian quirked an eyebrow at his Acrosian companion. He seemed far more reserved and professional than the Nevadian had seen in quite some time. Both during the raid against Incenio, and Midori, he seemed much more relaxed.

"Ah, I suppose you are on the clock on this one, aren't you?" Held murmured to himself, realizing that this mission was likely in some professional capacity or another. Not to mention, Held could hardly envision another scenario in which Blizzar would not want to negotiate payment first.

It was practically standard operation procedure for Privateers and Merchants alike, and while Blizzar might not have been either, his business acumen would do both proud.
    "No, this is simply a special case," Blizzar informed Held. "As such, I believe the spoils should only be rightfully divided once we complete this mission. "Particularly since this is a case that may likely draw in the rest of the GP, I'd prefer to take things...a bit more by the book, this time around," he replied, before muttering barely audibly, "...as far as you know."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

"Well, that's a good way to get such a massive bounty on your head." Held replied with a slight chuckle, "It's a shame they didn't just stick to robbing from the rich, I might not have bothered to take the job if they weren't dabbling in slavery and the like..."

That was inaccurate, he realized after a moment.

"Well, I would have taken the job, but I wouldn't have been as enthusiastic about it." He concluded, rubbing his jaw.

"Slavery alone is pretty bad, but I've never met a slaver I didn't want to punt over the horizon."

He barely managed to refrain from rolling his eyes as he recalled memories past.

"I don't like to generalize about an entire group of people, but it's amazing how grating they can be, even if you had no idea what they did as their 'occupation'. I could probably tell the type at a glance if I really needed to do so."
    " Sonata is more than just a slave-driving pirate. He's borderline f@#king insane. His goal with these kidnappings is to create some kind of army. So he can take on the Blacksheep," Nadila said.

I got out of his crew after I realize how batshit insane his whole plan was," Nadila said.
    My Forum check it out

Soon they were sitting comfortably at a table. Earth tea was very different than Chroma tea. It was a rare delicacy that often calmed her and helped her to focus. After al that she has been through lately, she felt the need for it's soothing effects.

Taking a sip, Meagan placed the cup back on its' small plate before speaking. "You know that I have been working on creating the Guardian Network for some time. I had thought that technology alone would solve the problems of long distance communications, then I added a psychic component. After numerous tests, I have to admit to myself that there are serious design flaws in the system. These flaws were made even more clearer after I spoke with Lady Maiz."

"Until I can come up with a system that allows for clear and quick communication, without placing each Guardian at risk, I know she won't sign on tot he project. And she's right, the Guardian Network is intended to protect Guardians, and the planets they protect, from unexpected attacks. I know there has to be a way to do this, I feel like I'm overlooking something."
    “What about building a new room in each sacred place? A room like the one that previous Guardian spirits can visit? Something like that could be made accessible to only Guardians.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM