Page 86 of 294 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She smiles.

“I’ve seen many things, Sarada. I don’t condemn your boldness but perhaps a touch of restraint in public would be nice. You are both royalty after all, some decorum is necessary. Though in the end you make my daughter happy, so I have few complaints.”

She nods to them both.

“Needs must, Daughter. I can only be away from my post for so long. When I have the components for the spell I’ll contact you.”
    "Decorum?" It, sadly, was a word Sarada had heard often after taking the throne. To her, it basically meant being stuffy and boring and stuck-up; three things not at all applicable to her as a person. "I guess," she responded glumly. "But I can't just change who I am."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar almost yelped when Sarada smacked her backside, but had the presence of mind to bite it back -- by literally biting her bottom lip -- and remain silent ... for now. Though antics, and her own embarrassed state, aside, it came as some relief to hear that Sarada at least; was willing to offer aid in her endeavors and train with her ... if only for the Zenkai that was perhaps, inevitable.

But then she said humping.

"Yes ... the humping ..." Ishtar muttered, clearly fixating on that, over what seemed far more important not a few minutes ago. "... we can start that as soon as you like."

Then Shek'hinah stepped in, and Ishtar returned to the present with an almost audible snap.

"... for the best."

Royalty ? Ishtar wondered, momentarily before shaking her head. In referrence to my status as Queen Consort, surely. Though it didn't much matter either way, as the Oni was merely happy to be at Sarada's side.

All that said by Shek'hinah however, it seemed the plan to use magic to strengthen, was moving forward. So with a nod, Ishtar looked up at her mother and flashed a small smile.

"Time enough to train then, in the meantime. And ..." she then began to add, as the Goddess made her exit. "It was good to see you again, as well mother."
    And just as quickly, Sarada forgot about everything. "Ah yeah! It's time to train!!" Training with Ishtar was always intense, but this time, they wouldn't be holding back – she assumed. They'd be going full throttle, Super Saiyan vs Hakai form. She could hardly wait!

"So, where are we throwing down? Right here is way too dangerous, right?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Onboard, The Black Diamond Pyrrhos gets a coded message from Sonata. Reads it and address his fellow crewmates." Alright Everyone listen up. The Captain what's the ship put into cloaking mode, and we are to follow closely behind him. We will be arriving on Earth in one month.

Fang is at his station and smirks at this." One month huh that's not so bad. I thought it would be longer than that," Fang said.

Von crosses his arms." So It's going to take us a month to arrived on Earth and retrieving The Toadian Princess Qaztoh and pick up potential new members for the crew!" Von said.

"Wait what about that another Toadian. That mutant male name Maximo Frogspierre we're associate with. He's from the same planet as Qaztoh, right?" Fang said.

" He's not Maximo is originally from a colony planet of The Kingdom of Swampa. Name Toadia That was destroyed," Von said.

" The Kingdom of Swampa?" Fang said.

" Yeah that's the actual name of the Toadian Kingdom. Anyways that mutant Toadian, Maximo is probably already on Earth by now. Seeking out a Nevadian who he claims destroyed his adopted homeworld Agrippas," Von said.

" You know I been wondering it's kind of creepy that Captain always has us snatch up children from other planets to recruit as new members.

" Sonata views that children are easier to mold than adults. That why he only has us snatch up children and not adults. You were a kid once yourself Fang," Von said.

Fang smirks. " Yeah, the Captain snatched me up when I was twelve years old from my home planet eight years ago," Fang said.

Pyrrhos crosses his arms and stares out at space. ( I don't approve of the Sonata's method of abducting children. I was against him abducting that Toadian Qaztoh and Brech- Seijin Nadlina three years ago. They were just kids back then, and they are still just kids now,) Pyrrhos thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-17-2019 at 01:28 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default catching up...

The conflict in the Geofront had stilled and Ochazuke could feel the light and temperature control in the artificial atmosphere compensate. He felt it sharp against his face, engineered wind beneath the painted sky of the capsule world, and the numbness that had struck him slowly began to thaw.

Eerily, not so much as a putrid vapour remained where the shadow of Grinthorn had withdrawn.

Wilhelm pokes his head out from the cryo-lab then.

“It....is.....safe, Ochazuke? The...dragon is...gone?”
    When he heard his named called out, Ochazuke turned about face, reflexively falling into a guard. A hard pulse welled in his chest as he drew in a sharp inhale. Swiftly he remembered himself and the familiar voice that sounded out. Wait...

"...you remember?" The smoke. Hermetically sealed within the cryo-lab, Wilhelm was at a distance where the Dragon's spell could not reach him.

"The Pres-" Casting a look down, he shook his head. "Dragon? Wilhelm, you could see it too?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The conflict in the Geofront had stilled and Ochazuke could feel the light and temperature control in the artificial atmosphere compensate. He felt it sharp against his face, engineered wind beneath the painted sky of the capsule world, and the numbness that had struck him slowly began to thaw.

Eerily, not so much as a putrid vapour remained where the shadow of Grinthorn had withdrawn.

When he heard his named called out, Ochazuke turned about face, reflexively falling into a guard. A hard pulse welled in his chest as he drew in a sharp inhale. Swiftly he remembered himself and the familiar voice that sounded out. Wait...

"...you remember?" The smoke. Hermetically sealed within the cryo-lab, Wilhelm was at a distance where the Dragon's spell could not reach him.

"The Pres-" Casting a look down, he shook his head. "Dragon? Wilhelm, you could see it too?"
    He quirks an eye brow and nods.

“When his cigar...vanished....on the monitors. Saw a form appear...momentarily. You okay?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    So even dinosaurs know the threat of a dragon...

To be fair, Charco felt his skin crawl at the mere sight of the man and took all of what willpower the boy had left to suppress his fight or flight instincts.

Was he following us? Or maybe he was summoned by the dragonball?

Unaware that Charco himself had possibly summoned him through the use of his name, he stepped in front of Eva, hoping she might have had a plan.

"So we meet at last, Mr. President." Charco began, "Hope you'll forgive me for not being the type to follow politics, although if I had known there was a dragon in office, that might have been a different story."
    Eva says nothing, just steps behind Charco more.

Alakazah smiles too widely.

“Hello Charco. Evangeline. Rex, old friend.. I would speak with Rex, Cha....”

Before he can finish, there is a small flash of light behind Charco and suddenly Grinthorn vanishes.

Eva grabs his shoulder and looks at him.

“That was close. If you hadn’t distracted him I would have never been able to use such a simple trick. It won’t work again so let’s head back to the Lookout, ok?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar almost yelped when Sarada smacked her backside, but had the presence of mind to bite it back -- by literally biting her bottom lip -- and remain silent ... for now. Though antics, and her own embarrassed state, aside, it came as some relief to hear that Sarada at least; was willing to offer aid in her endeavors and train with her ... if only for the Zenkai that was perhaps, inevitable.

But then she said humping.

"Yes ... the humping ..." Ishtar muttered, clearly fixating on that, over what seemed far more important not a few minutes ago. "... we can start that as soon as you like."

Then Shek'hinah stepped in, and Ishtar returned to the present with an almost audible snap.

"... for the best."

Royalty ? Ishtar wondered, momentarily before shaking her head. In referrence to my status as Queen Consort, surely. Though it didn't much matter either way, as the Oni was merely happy to be at Sarada's side.

All that said by Shek'hinah however, it seemed the plan to use magic to strengthen, was moving forward. So with a nod, Ishtar looked up at her mother and flashed a small smile.

"Time enough to train then, in the meantime. And ..." she then began to add, as the Goddess made her exit. "It was good to see you again, as well mother."
    She smiles, blows a kiss to her daughter, then seemingly steps sideways (almost two dimensionally) and vanishes.

Asha’rah and those going on their mission have also left, so Zurvan approaches Ishtar.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Jeez, that Saiyan Girl really did a number on my pantry, didn't she..." Held muttered to no one in particular.

Jinzi had graciously agreed to repair the Great Galloping. The Ship had been severely damaged by the chaff, essentially killing the engines and causing it to free fall in orbit. It sat half-submerged by the ocean below, still floating by the grace of Kami, and some sort of manual safeguard Jinzi most likely put in.

"...I should ask him to make it a sea faring vessel as well, this time." Held mumbled to himself, tossing discarded wrappers and cans into a bag. "You'd think that girl would atleast have had the courtesy to use a trash can."

It was a slightly tricky journey to the cockpit of the ship, to recover the various logs and black box, but it was perhaps safer to do it now, and risk further damage. Or, even worse, a turn of bad luck, and the ship drops into the sea entirely by a stray wave.

Truth be told, Inventory was what truly lay on the Nevadians mind. The Treasures liberated from Incenio beckoned to him like a Siren, and Held would only be too happy to oblige it. But, alas, Held would not have been able to focus, not being fully aware of the damage his ship had undertaken, and perhaps no captain would have been able to.

So, here he was, examining the ruins of his ship, wires dislodged from their hidden compartments, a dull yellow emergency light illuminating the hull. As he walked further and further into the ship, pools of water became more and more apparent, and the water grew deeper and deeper. What once was about level with his foot, now submerged his ankle, and it only seemed to grow deeper.

"Good Grief..."

A capsule appeared, and in a puff of smoke a breathing apparatus appeared, the Nevadian slowly putting it over his mouth.

"I'm not really in the mood for a swim." He mumbled to himself, as he came to a compartment on the bottom of the ship, clearly submerged with water, "But I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.."

With a sigh, the Nevadian jumped headfirst, diving into the water as he swam to his destination.
    To his surprise a few automated CC drones are already working outside the ship to repair leaks and holes. They appear to be almost done with the hull.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Tami, for the time being Cyanna will be training with Morgana for a while. We’ll do cutaways interspersed for the next while of their training.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Tami, for the time being Cyanna will be training with Morgana for a while. We’ll do cutaways interspersed for the next while of their training.
    OT: That's fine. Might have some questions as to the end result of the training, but that can wait.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In her lab at Capsule, Corp Praxat is still working on her goggles, " I'm almost done making these. I wonder how my grandmother Araxat, grandfather, mother, father, and siblings are doing back in Lisia on Qaceria? I'm going up against the Doctor not just for myself, or just for Earth. I'm also doing it for my home planet Qaceria, for my people," Praxat said.

" I need to make sure Qaztoh becomes a good Queen for the Kingdom of Swampa. That's part of my duty as a Royal Lady Maid. A part that I honestly haven't been living up to. One day I hope to be as good as my grandmother Araxat," Praxat said.

" She lived through Seven generations of Toadian Queens and guided six on the right path. The only Queen who didn't listen to her was Qaztoh's mother Yaztoh. I starting to think my grandmother might have played a role in Yaztoh's downfall," Praxat said.

" Think back I'm sure there was no way Killrog could have gotten passed the force field around Lisia and the castle unless some Toadian who knew how the forcefield work intentionally let him in!" Well, I don't need to dwell on that too much. I need to focus on getting these backup goggles done before the ship arrives. Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-17-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Eva says nothing, just steps behind Charco more.

Alakazah smiles too widely.

“Hello Charco. Evangeline. Rex, old friend.. I would speak with Rex, Cha....”

Before he can finish, there is a small flash of light behind Charco and suddenly Grinthorn vanishes.

Eva grabs his shoulder and looks at him.

“That was close. If you hadn’t distracted him I would have never been able to use such a simple trick. It won’t work again so let’s head back to the Lookout, ok?”
    "Holy ****..." Emotional whiplash struck the boy as he went from preparing for the worst to relief. Exhaling, he nodded in response to Eva's words, "Yeah, we should hurry before he undoes... whatever you just did."

Sitting on the edge of the Plaza, her feet dangling over the side, leaning back on her hands, Dash stared out into the distance. While she was waiting for Eva and Charco to return, she found herself deep in thought.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default In the Past

He quirks an eye brow and nods.

“When his cigar...vanished....on the monitors. Saw a form appear...momentarily. You okay?”
    Ochazuke lowered his head, shaking it back and forth as a low grumble escaped him, but for a long stretch he said nothing.

Reaching over his head, he undid his bandana, still damp with cold sweat, and brushed a hand over his face.

"Can you archive the record? Pantaloon must know about this," he said, before he remembered himself. "Where is Karis?"

Default In the present

Some time after Blizzar and Parsley had apprehended their person of interest, Ochazuke landed upon the Lookout. Under the Guardian's energy that shielded the observation deck from the drag of stratospheric winds, there was a brief reprieve, a sanctuary within the comfort of the familiar. But even here upon the watchtower of this planet they had not seen it, and this place too would not escape Grinthorn's reach. [So long as that name remains...]

Branded upon the head of the World Government itself, the Dragon had engraved the flesh of the world with his curse. It seemed today was set decidedly upon the course of subterfuge, of secrets slithering silently below the surface. Monsters masquerading as men gambling with the lives of billions. And for what?

"The most lethal of intentions are always concealed," In moments like this, he could still feel an icy grip upon his shoulder. The cold words of war spoken by the Crane Grand Master a lifetime ago. "Until they come to reap."

How long had this been going on? Why hadn't he seen it before? "Even before the engagement, the battle has been decided."

Crossing the surface of scarred marble from the battle across this long week, his mind was awash in . A slumbering dragon heard the wishes of the hopeful that stirred it from its rest. A wakened dragon, eyes poised to glean the sight of fresh prey, did he see the billions of prayers unanswered and see how best to steer the course of fate?

Was the knowledge that they had been willingly forsaken the impetus for those who took up the mantle of the Red Raiders?

Ochazuke pace ceased, and after a long, stiff inhale to centre his thoughts, he moved toward the kitchen. For a moment the weight of what they had learned had been lifted, but the battle for the planets's soul...he would require, first, a stiff cup of tea.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Shoulders weighed heavily by her reunion with her once-banished great-aunt, Parsley descended into a seat in the kitchen. The remnants of the brief Chateau de Erosa remained where they had been before. A half-empty bottle of wine from her lunch with Avoca sat across from her. She used a napkin to sweep the crumbs from the pies they ate to the floor, with the intention of having someone else dispose of them and the rest of this garbage later -- preferably the person (or persons) initially responsible.

She placed what the humans called a 'notebook' down in front of her. Saiyans didn't use paper and the objects called pencils. They weren't primitive savages, unlike what the rest of the universe preferred to perpetrate. Still, she was learned in the arts of scratching legible symbols onto polished wood using sharpened lead, so it would have to suffice for now.

They only had a scant few hours before the GP ship arrived and Pants' calculations in regard the location of The Doctor's hideaway -- she assumed that was what he was calculating -- were complete. That was plenty of time to compile every bit of information about the would-be Master of Time into one comprehensive document. Obviously, some would know more than she did, such as Ishtar, so she would have to collaborate with her shortly. For now, she settled with recording in writing what she and Ochazuke learned from viewing the videos with Wilhelm.

Parsley's memory was quite good. It would have to be for her powers of observation to be as effective as they were.

She decided to start with the videos, then move on with any further information from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Video 1
    After a moment, the screen plays a recorded video.

A slightly older Jinzi, clothes battered and torn, is seen sitting down looking at the camera. His eyes are red rimmed and bloodshot. When he speaks his voice is hoarse.

“Day 1,212. Attempt seventy failed. Any technology outside this capsule house simply fails. Eventually the perpetual tech rot reduces it all to dirt and ash. I’m having a hard time simply maintaining the outer walls of this place. Not sure why she left me this. Punishment, perhaps. But that doesn’t seem right. Not cruelty, but curiosity then. Yes, that seems more accurate. I’m an experiment. She wants to see what I’ll do. Attempt seventy one will begin in two days. Hopefully...the food situation will improve. Jinzi out.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Video 2
    “Day 2,578. Food situation became untenable, so I did the only thing I could. The small part of Adam that I had on me came in handy. I used it and the remnants of the Big Ghetti Star Halo Eva bestowed upon Mea....”

He pauses.

“On us. On Meagan and I. Between the two I’ve injected them into myself and they have presented a solution. They can suck what little ambient energy out of the atmosphere exists and convert it to an energy I can live off of. It is not a pleasant sensation, but few things are now. I can’t even remember the last thing I ate or drank. I can’t even recall what either thing tasted like.”

He pauses again, his non-glowing eye looking off in the distance.

“Attempt one hundred eighty seven failed.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Video 3
    The third video shows an older Jinzi than before, more gaunt and haggard. The glowing eye more prominent. The features seem a bit stiffer too, less life to them.

“Day 5,000. I saw her when I woke up. She appears every so often, never says anything but just stands there, blue green eyes judging me. Never stays long. I pleaded with her to kill me.”

He pauses and shakes his head.

“But I’m still here. Still stuck on a dead world. Attempt....three hundred and two, I think. Yes, three hundred and two failed. Nothing I make or send out lasts longer than five minutes. Next attempt will be in a week or so.

He pauses again.

“I don’t sleep well. Or much anymore.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Video 4
    this one showcases a more...determined Jinzi. Only the look in his human eye is more...manic, like his old self, but clearly tinged with a growing sense of madness.

“Day 5,635. Attempt Three hundred and seventy partially successful. Release of unknown Ghetti-Adam nanites from my own system created an artificial relay in the atmosphere. Lasted twenty minutes but long enough to scan the entire planet. There is nothing left. Not one sign of human life, not one building, not one iota of anything. I understand now. She said this was to be a new Genesis, a new beginning, but I understand what she’s really is. Desolation. But I can effect things now. The nanites proved I can build even through her tech rot. Before the relay went down, I did get a blip of something....odd. A temporal energy. Will investigate further.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Video 5
    This time Jinzi’s eyes are wide, mad, erratic.

“Day 6,450. I did it. I managed to siphon the power of the sun. Dimmed the entire thing permanently to forge the crystalline structure to house the temporal nexus I discovered.”

He starts laughing, a low and mad sound.

“This planet will never house life again. I finished what she started with the desolation, I just made it permanent. The sun is dimmed forever, and I have the beginnings of what is necessary. I’ll travel back and stop this all. I’ll.......”

He stops, clutching his head and breathing heavily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video 6
    Jinzi looks into it, and nothing of Pantaloon is left in that gaze. It’s a dead, mad gaze of a zealot. A fanatic.

A man of utmost purpose.

“Day 7,407. The crystal and device is ready. My plans are ready. She showed up again, yesterday. She looked at me and smiled, proud or happy. She took part of the nexus for herself and then...left. It doesn’t matter. Whatever she is, whatever her plans are, I don’t care. Nothing matters but the plan. My plan. I’ll break everything, the whole universe, if I have to. Nothing and one one can stop me. I’ll save them all.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio File
    “I can’t sleep. Haven’t in years. I...see things. The perpetual energy I can siphon from the atmosphere keeps me going, keeps me...sustained. Gods, I’m not even...human anymore. I don’t.....I don’t think I’m myself, anymore. I’ve found notes I don’t remember writing. I....I think this is it for me. This last bit of the man I used to be, of Jinzi Pantaloon. It gets harder and harder each day to remember Jinzi. I have a new name. The Doctor. Jinzi failed but the Doctor can and will fix things.”

A momentary pause. And when he talks again, the voice seems...more human. More the Jinzi of old.

“The Doctor doesn’t know about this file. This last little bit of me that’s....me has enough left to do this much. Please...please for the love of all that’s holy, whoever hears this......kill me. Don’t let him, let me, do what he plans on doing. It’s monstrous. Project Parting Glass. It’s in my note book.”

Another pause, a heavy breathe.

“Good luck. Forgive me, please.”
    She placed the pencil down and rubbed her fingers. Placing the thoughts this man -- this deranged, driven man -- allowed Parsley to peer even deeper into his psyche than she had been able to before by simply listening to him. As she wrote, she was able to place herself in his shoes. She was able to see the broken, shattered world he lived in by himself for over a decade.

Were she a weaker woman, she would have thought it sad and devoted much of her thought processes toward saving him. Instead, she saw him for what he was: an animal in desperate need of euthanasia. He begged to be put down, and she would oblige him. However, unlike before, she would take no joy in it. The man he was was long dead. The Doctor was only a force for unjustice, no matter his righteous intentions.

Whether the others saw that or not was of no consequence. As long as they defeated him and gave him the death he deserved, that was the only acceptable outcome.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!