Page 172 of 294 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Once the ship stabilized, there was little more to do but wait until they all could return home. Held and Jinzi would be busy on the bridge for some time, and in the windowless halls of the Coldlight, there wasn't entirely too much to do.

This thing sure can cruise, Zaofan thought to himself, lot of utility in its design. Perhaps it was his brief stint as a thief that left him wary, but as he scanned his head right, he saw a long, metallic hallway that stretched from hold to hull; swivelllng far left, from hold to engine.

Still the sleekness of these hallways - and the brisk, cold air that brushed over way too much of his skin than was comfortable - caused him to question what exactly was it a GP Officer ought to do between point A and point B? All business, this place. What a shame. Bounding up on tattered soles beneath his feet, Zaofan began to walk around searching for...something to do. Automated doors slid open noiselessly; a tap on the wall revealed a generous number of latrines. Still, after all that fighting he could use a meal.

In one of the many rooms that look uncannily like the others, he found two things that were at last familiar: a white apron - they weren't...pants, but they would do - a standing refrigerator. At last! He tugged on the handle, narrowed his eyes to the white lights to reveal-

"Hetap?" Rows and rows of yellow and blue cans lined the fridge from top to bottom. "Must be a rough life in the Force," he mused aloud. Sliding his fingers over the length of a highlighted control panel, with a press a drawer slid open. Cold to the touch, its contents lay amid cold fog...rows and rows of foil packets, each with a brightly coloured label written in some space-language he couldn't read. Figures.

Tearing one open, he surveyed its contents. Some spongy thing flecked in red, covered in brown sauce set in a tray next to some white stuff. I have no idea what this is. Dabbing his finger into it, Zaofan sampled the cold sauce. ...but it's not bad. I wonder...

Trilling sounded out from the far wall, and as he felt the heat radiate from it, he found a source of heat. Again the symbols were a cryptic mess, but somehow the layout for this convection microwave oven was familiar enough.

The doors to the bridge slid open. Zaofan, still dressed in the apron, pushed a hovering mealcart between the aisles of those gathered between pilots, navigators and others.

"How about a bite to eat? Got to keep up your strength, after all."

Whatever he had found in cold storage had been made a sight more...presentable, than preserved sections on an inlaid tray.

"Did a little digging, and found something! It's not much, but should see us through the next few hours!"

I still have no idea what any of this is.

"We also have a selection of uh...Hetap and water."
    Jinzi immediately downs a Hetap and sighs contentedly before opening another and grabbing so food.

“You’re a lifesaver, Zaofan. Thanks.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I must correct you: I was not sent back to stop this particular Rex," She replied before continuing, "However, if I am to find a way to stop the Rex of my time, then it is only natural that I stop him in this time as well."

In truth, Shōchū had hoped that the doctor would have found a timeline devoid of Rex's influence, but there was little use in lamenting things now.

"I wish I could say we devised something to eliminate him beforehand, but I will have to learn in this timeline. Equipment, knowledge, training, and allies; those are my main objectives."

----------------------

As everyone settled in, so did Rex... in his own way.

He had not chosen to further antagonize the others for while he was a cruel being, he was not foolish enough to try anything more than he had. Granted, this did not mean he was going to be as pathetic as to try and turn them to his side. If they could not listen to reason, then he had no further use in trying to educate them.

Instead, what Rex did was worse; he was recovering.

Still in the cargo bay after everything, Rex could be sensed, but not quite seen thanks to the thick clouds of ghost hakai enveloping his body. It could be seen like a giant egg, an apt description for something a reptile such as he would employ. Deep within, he focused on regaining his strength, repairing the imperfections caused by Charco's last-ditch effort to keep him weak enough for the others to deal with. He would have preferred to devour the energy needed but in such a precarious situation as he was in, he would need to rely on safer methods.
    Eva nods.

“So you are here to learn, train, so as to stop your Tyrant. Very well, my allies should be here within a day or so and you may speak to them then. However, I shall welcome you to the Lookout properly. Anything we can help with, we shall.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘No thank you. At this stage my unique structure survives on ambient energy. Once my secondary form is taken, a more humanoid form, regular sustenance shall be required.’

Azura pauses before speaking again.

‘I do have a question, however, if I may.’
    So, she didn't need to eat, meaning Parsley didn't need to share. At least for the time being. "Duly noted. What's your question?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka nearly jumped from being startled. She fancied herself aware of her surroundings and especially since she was looking after someone yet, this person she hadn't been able to tell was even around until they said something.

Kind of creepy.

She regained her senses after a bit. "Aleka. I haven't met everyone just met one on one so nice to meet you. Ochazuke should be fine. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?" It was obvious they weren't human but they were humanoid. With this group she had learned you never quite knew what you were going to get, Karine was a sweet heart and was basically a vampire of something she thought only existed in books.

Of course, I thought a lot of things only existed in books when I first came here...
    "I am Cthylla." Cthylla answered, then seemed to ponder a moment. "I am an Observer from the the void, beyond the confinement of the sphere....your universe. This is a faux body provided for me by the human, Benefactor Jinzi. My kind has no name...Only those given to us by mortals. Voidling was the latest, but you may refer to us as you wish."

Turning her attention momentarily to Ochazuke, Cthylla regarded his present condition. "Yes, his life is not in danger. I wish to speak with him when he in a condition to speak so I will wait here....you may continue your questions if you feel the need, Newcomer Aleka."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, she didn't need to eat, meaning Parsley didn't need to share. At least for the time being. "Duly noted. What's your question?"
    ‘Two things. I have....something to give you, alongside a request. Might I partake of some of your energy to speed up my transformation into my humanoid form? You appear quite trustworthy and I would like to exist outside this jar. You need only send a small bit of energy into my jar if you agree.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

‘Two things. I have....something to give you, alongside a request. Might I partake of some of your energy to speed up my transformation into my humanoid form? You appear quite trustworthy and I would like to exist outside this jar. You need only send a small bit of energy into my jar if you agree.’
    It was a reasonable request, one that Parsley had no problem accommodating. She was, however, more interested in what this secondary humanoid form looked like. She still had that dress, just in case the... child needed clothing.

"Of course." She sat down and placed the container in her lap. One of her palms glowed with the white energy she intended to give Azura. "Do you need me to open the container?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It was a reasonable request, one that Parsley had no problem accommodating. She was, however, more interested in what this secondary humanoid form looked like. She still had that dress, just in case the... child needed clothing.

"Of course." She sat down and placed the container in her lap. One of her palms glowed with the white energy she intended to give Azura. "Do you need me to open the container?"
    ‘That would be appreciated.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

‘That would be appreciated.’
    Parsley nodded and opened the top to the container. She reached inside with the energy enveloped hand, she plucked Azura out and held her in the palm of her hand. "Okay, there you go."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley nodded and opened the top to the container. She reached inside with the energy enveloped hand, she plucked Azura out and held her in the palm of her hand. "Okay, there you go."
    Dash hears Parsley's voice nearby, so she instinctively, though a bit nervously, heads in that direction. There is something she has been meaning to talk to her about.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A pulse and Parsley can feel energy pull from her into Azura. After a moment, the mass floats up and stretches, changing shape until a young women, twelve or thirteen, forms from the mass.

“Hello.”

She smiles, then points to the jar.

“Your gift. Mother’s last prize.”

Inside the jar is a spherical orb of dark blue color with a single blue star floating in it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A pulse and Parsley can feel energy pull from her into Azura. After a moment, the mass floats up and stretches, changing shape until a young women, twelve or thirteen, forms from the mass.

“Hello.”

She smiles, then points to the jar.

“Your gift. Mother’s last prize.”

Inside the jar is a spherical orb of dark blue color with a single blue star floating in it.
    The energy was pulled from Parsley, flowing into Azura's mass like water through a cistern. The mass shifted and changed, growing and becoming more defined. Parsley's eyes narrowed as she bore witness to the peculiar and strange event. A humanoid form began to take shape. How strange, she thought to herself. At the end, a girl only a little older than Pinach and Rutaba stood in its place. With clothes, thankfully.

"Ah, hello," she greeted in return.

This was her humanoid form, a face and figure reminiscent of her genetic progenitor. One half, at the least. Her First Race genealogy would, perhaps reveal itself in time. "So, this is your secondary humanoid form. I see; this is much more manageable. It looks nice."

She smiled and glanced at the container when she mentioned Midori's last gift. She frowned and reached inside to pick up the dark sphere. There was a single star inside. "...a dragonball?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The energy was pulled from Parsley, flowing into Azura's mass like water through a cistern. The mass shifted and changed, growing and becoming more defined. Parsley's eyes narrowed as she bore witness to the peculiar and strange event. A humanoid form began to take shape. How strange, she thought to herself. At the end, a girl only a little older than Pinach and Rutaba stood in its place. With clothes, thankfully.

This was her humanoid form, a face and figure reminiscent of her genetic progenitor. One half, at the least. Her First Race genealogy would, perhaps reveal itself in time. "So, this is your secondary humanoid form. I see; this is much more manageable. It looks nice."

She smiled and glanced at the container when she mentioned Midori's last gift. She frowned and reached inside to pick up the dark sphere. There was a single star inside. "...a dragonball?"
    Parsley could hear a knocking, then a voice, "Parsley, are you busy? Ah was hopin to talk with you."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Parsley could hear a knocking, then a voice, "Parsley, are you busy? Ah was hopin to talk with you."
    A knock at the door, followed by the familiar voice, elicited a sigh from Parsley. Her eyes remained on the possible dragonball even as she answered. "What is it?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Thank you. This is my first time growing up.”

She looks at the sphere.

“Yes, a dragonball. Mother was...quite intrigued.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A knock at the door, followed by the familiar voice, elicited a sigh from Parsley. Her eyes remained on the possible dragonball even as she answered. "What is it?"
    "Ah, uh, ah just wanted to apologize for, you know, earlier. Ah was not myself an ah took it out in you, ah'm sorry." Dash, speaking from a distance.