Page 257 of 294 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4408
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The bladed tip fell, striking true as it imbedded itself through Ochazuke, imbedding swiftly into the stone as if he was not there.

In a matter of speaking, he wasn't, for shortly after his frame had been struck, his linger shape soon faded. An afterimage, though one far too solid for a mere trick of perception. The desired effect was achieved, however, and Ochazuke swiftly stole away with their Familiar guide used the Wolf's Prowl to amplify his speed and evade their pursuer. Morgan still held close in tow, he moved now toward the black gated tower of Ampador.

"The Queensguard still lingers, one wonders why they would strike out against those they were charged to protect." Rushing towards the tower in the distance, a streak of blood fell down the left side of his face, frigid where the northern air touched it. "He's swift...we'll have to nullify that advantage," he said, slowly spreading the field of his Battle Meditation, establishing his field of sense-awareness with Kyokushin Keihatsu and heightening his focus with Kei'i-Ken "Guide the way towards the Tomb."
    Letting out a grunt, the Knight pulls his spear back into a ready stance. "Blasted beasts....is there no end..."

Turning hollow eyes in the direction of the remaining target in the room, Shochu, the knight lifts his spear and aims threateningly in his direction. "The foul stench of wyrm lay thick about you.....Come, let Lamorak put you in your place." Despite his offer, the knight was already flying towards him with lightning crackling at the tip of his spear.

~~~

The sudden crack of thunder echo'd from behind as Ochazuke and Morgan sped away from combat and towards their destination. "Its the void poisoning.....I don't think he can't distinguish friend from foe....But..." Morgan looked back. "...That was Knight-Commander Lamorak......He is more then just a Queenguard. He is one of the Lords of Amdapor.......your friend could be in grave danger..."

The weight bearing down on the both of them was massive to say the least, and at this blind angle Zaofan could only feel the shifting girth that pressed them both hurtling down to their doom.

Flying against it won't work, and I can't push back unless I can brace myself...wait, that's it!

"BOOOOOO-JACK!"

With a puff of Capsule dust, the trusty katchin staff appeared in his hands! Grabbing one end with both hands as best as he could, glued to the back of his magical chair by mystical duvet and the horrid force of gravity, he point it in the only direction he could; straight downward!

Shooting down high above the rocks and ice, a projection of energy lanced out until it stuck into the ground. He's extended his reach severalfold over through augmenting it into a Valiantium Staff! Unlike the katchin he'd collected it into, however, his ki was a little more...flexible...and he found as he slowed his descent...it was beginning to lean downward under his weight as they all tipped forward.
    The pole impacts with the ground and begins to tilt, slowing the three even as the bending pole built energy for what was to come....helped in no small way by the excessive weight of the knight bearing down on them.

Yet....weither by design or just plain stupid luck, Erosa elected to shift her weight just as the pole reached its limit and, in doing so, shifting and threw the knight to the side. Before he could even attempt a grab, the sudden loss of weight acted akin to releasing a spring....and both were sling shot forward in an arc that sailed them over the already fleeing Morgan/Ochazuke duo, across the remaining space between the ruins....and straight down towards the roof of the mountainside temple.

...and despite Erosas and Zaofans best attempt at an airbreak with what was available, the two could only succeed at breaking their momentum so much before hitting the roof, smashing through into a large chamber and taking the head off a large statue before impacting off the floor and skidding to halt.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 12-01-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Cyanna would end up in a large chamber. In front of her are eight statues. There are two female Toadian statues, a male Yardrat statue, a female Titan statue, a male Konatsian statue, a Namekian statue, a female Tuffle statue, and a statue of what appears to be a human. However, the last statue isn't of a human at all, but of other yet unknown alien lifeform.

The two Toadians statues are of different sizes. With the one that has a crown on its head being much larger than the other one. The Titan statue is imposing with its absolutely gigantic stature.

Behind the statues is something written on the wall in Toagaria. In the center of this chamber is a monolith and on the monolith are illustrations of seven demons, and one illustration of a fay like a creature with burnt butterfly wings wearing a crown.

Seven of the statues are holding weapons. The smaller Toadian statue is holding a sword, Yardrat statue is holding a crossbow. The Titan statue is holding a gigantic battle axe.

The Konatsian statue is holding three swords, the Namekian statue is holding a morning star. The Tuffle statue is holding an energy cannon. In the unknown alien statue's hands is a halberd.

The chamber is safe and free of traps.

https://cdn.conceptartempire.com/ima...rhammer-ax.jpg

https://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/...ball-920-1.jpg

https://www.medievalcollectibles.com...04/AH-5102.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....TL._SX425_.jpg

OT: For Tami.

IC:

The statue of the unknown alien that resembles a human looks nearly identical to one except for four features. Its eyes are cat-shaped. It has scuplted claws on the tips of its fingers. Sculpted patches of fur on its chest, knuckles, and forearms.

Its sculpted teeth are feline-like. Overall the features give the statue a feral beast-man look. Showing that this unknown alien statue might actually be of a type of beast-man alien.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-01-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

OT: For Tami.

IC:

The statue of the unknown alien that resembles a human looks nearly identical to one except for four features. Its eyes are cat-shaped. It has scuplted claws on the tips of its fingers. Sculpted patches of fur on its chest, knuckles, and forearms.

Its sculpted teeth are feline-like. Overall the features give the statue a feral beast-man look. Showing that this unknown alien statue might actually be of a type of beast-man alien.
    Still invisible, Cyanna cautiously walked around, examining each statue. Once she has made a single round of the room, she goes visible again, then teleports back to the group. "Praxat, it's safe, only there are a number of strange statues that you have got to see to believe. I can take two at a time, so who's coming first?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still invisible, Cyanna cautiously walked around, examining each statue. Once she has made a single round of the room, she goes visible again, then teleports back to the group. "Praxat, it's safe, only there are a number of strange statues that you have got to see to believe. I can take two at a time, so who's coming first?"
    "I'll go first. I want to get a look at these statues," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"I'll go first. I want to get a look at these statues," Praxat said.
    "Okay." Cyanna then turned to the others, "Anyone else want to go too?"

"Okay." Cyanna then turned to the others, "Anyone else want to go too?"

"I'll go," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Letting out a grunt, the Knight pulls his spear back into a ready stance. "Blasted beasts....is there no end..."

Turning hollow eyes in the direction of the remaining target in the room, Shochu, the knight lifts his spear and aims threateningly in his direction. "The foul stench of wyrm lay thick about you.....Come, let Lamorak put you in your place." Despite his offer, the knight was already flying towards him with lightning crackling at the tip of his spear.

~~~

The sudden crack of thunder echo'd from behind as Ochazuke and Morgan sped away from combat and towards their destination. "Its the void poisoning.....I don't think he can't distinguish friend from foe....But..." Morgan looked back. "...That was Knight-Commander Lamorak......He is more then just a Queenguard. He is one of the Lords of Amdapor.......your friend could be in grave danger..."
    "You would think one who would speak of worms might recognize the ones crawling through the heart of his kingdom, much less his own."

Morgan's warning seemed to fall on deaf ears as Ochazuke's eyes only faced forward through the shadowed halls. After a long moment, he finally replied.

"Cheh."

Where Sir Lamorak trammeled in the ruin of Amdapor, he unknowingly tread upon a trail of spider's strings, with every movement swaying, listening, and carrying it back over his meditation field. No matter how fast Ochazuke ran, he did not outpace his sense-awareness.

"What makes you think I've abandoned her?"

And as the knight threw himself towards Shochu, the Woven Path stole the very flight out from underneath him.

"Our company came here to bring the fight to Rex, don't underestimate us." Shochu had proven herself keen a combatant as any; she had seized the opening to save his life even though they had scarcely exchanged a word. "Though we may not be magicians, we'll see to the hell wrought in the wake of the undead Magi. Lead on."

The pole impacts with the ground and begins to tilt, slowing the three even as the bending pole built energy for what was to come....helped in no small way by the excessive weight of the knight bearing down on them.

Yet....weither by design or just plain stupid luck, Erosa elected to shift her weight just as the pole reached its limit and, in doing so, shifting and threw the knight to the side. Before he could even attempt a grab, the sudden loss of weight acted akin to releasing a spring....and both were sling shot forward in an arc that sailed them over the already fleeing Morgan/Ochazuke duo, across the remaining space between the ruins....and straight down towards the roof of the mountainside temple.

...and despite Erosas and Zaofans best attempt at an airbreak with what was available, the two could only succeed at breaking their momentum so much before hitting the roof, smashing through into a large chamber and taking the head off a large statue before impacting off the floor and skidding to halt.
    Miles below he felt the distal end of his ki staff hook into something, and he dared not let go even as the world turned topsy-turvy beneath them. As they keeled over, whatever Erosa was doing as she grappled with the knight balanced on his backrest, Zaofan was completely blind to it, pouring his spirit into the thing in an effort to make it hold.

"...we stopped?"

Spoken far too soon. The drop in weight forced through that gigantic heaving frame barely registered before they were catapulted forward into the howling night air. He narrowed his eyes to keep the stinging air out as blew about his flapping gums, and when it was all over, he felt sandy dust and wood chips hit the back of his nose and throat.

Somehow, the conjured chair fell right-side up; a landing fit for royalty. With a hollow plunk, he let his staff hit the floor.

"H-hey...we're not dead...!"

At last he managed to peel himself from this most sacred of seats. His legs still wobbled as he looked about the chamber.

"...wonder where we are now though...," refining his focus, he tried to suss out any living presence, any sources of ki.

"I'll go," Althena said.
    "Right." Cyanna then touched Praxat and Althena, then the three of them vanished, reappearing in the Statue room she had been in before. "Well, what do you think? Pretty strange collection. Maybe I should go back and get Killrog and Araxat."

"Right." Cyanna then touched Praxat and Althena, then the three of them vanished, reappearing in the Statue room she had been in before. "Well, what do you think? Pretty strange collection. Maybe I should go back and get Killrog and Araxat."
    " Althena reads the Toagaria written on the wall behind the statues." this text says that These eight life-size statues were made to honor Queen Doralie Orpheus and the Seven Deadly Vices. Who fought bravely against Zerxes and his demonic army," Althena said.

Praxat puts on her goggles and examines the statues. Yeah, I say so, Cyanna, Let's see there are two female Toadian statues. The much larger, and buffer one with the crown has to be of Doralie," Praxat said.

" Hmm, who is the smaller female Toadian statue of? Okay, there's a statue of a Namekian, a statue of a Tuffle, and a statue of a Konatsian. There are also three statues of races I don't recognize," Praxat said.

Praxat points at the Titan statue. I don't know how anyone got that statue in this place. It has to be at least 60 feet. This life-size statue kind of resembles your race, Cyanna. Only it's a statue of some type of giantess alien," Praxat said.

Praxat points at the Yardrat statue." Okay, that's a statue of some kind of weird purple alien. The last statue appears human, but I know it's not. From the beast-like features, I say it's a statue of some type of beast alien," Praxat said.

Praxat examines the smaller female Toadian statue more closely. She notices that on the sword, it's holding is a crest that is a symbol of a shield with a raised fist on it. " Could it be. Yes, it is that's my family's crest," Praxat said.

" Which means this is a statue of one of my ancestors! Cyanna, you can go get Killrog and Araxat now," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-01-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    My Forum check it out

It was only moments before Cyanna returned with Kiilrog and Araxat. "I never expected that so many races knew about this world. I never did until I met you, Praxat."

It was only moments before Cyanna returned with Kiilrog and Araxat. "I never expected that so many races knew about this world. I never did until I met you, Praxat."
    " Well before Qaztoh's mother Yaztoh passed a law that outlawed trading between races on other planets. The Kingdom of Swampa had an alliance with other races on other planets. In fact, the kingdom had colonized planets by the time Yaztoh came into power.

" That's true, The Kingdom of Swampa had an alliance with a bunch of races from different planets before Yaztoh screwed everything up," Araxat said.

" Hmm but, Doralie Orpheus was the Toadian Queen 30,000 years ago , and The Kingdom of Swampa's space exploration program was established 980 years ago. There's a 29,020-year gap between the two events. So how did six different races from other planets know about Qacriea 30,000 years ago?" Praxat said.

" Maybe there's a mural around here that will tell us how individuals from six different races on other planets. Came to be on this one?" Althena said.

" I for one. Never expected six different races from other planets to know about Qacriea 30,000 years ago," Killrog said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-01-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Samson looks at it, at the impenetrable darkness the stairs lead into. He glances back at the two of them.

“It seems the way is open. Who goes first?”
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As the little guiding light flit into the wall, Zaofan braced himself as he felt the Earth tremble in response, and as the stone vanished, standing there staring into the inviting darkness fathoms below, he was struck by a sense of foreboding.

"Well, that's a start...though we haven't the faintest clue of what might be down here..." From what he felt between his hands and what had been imparted to the barrier before them, it took him a long moment to realize he was responding to Sasheem.

"Ahem," quick sputters left him as his heavy footing sprung to life once more, "I mean, surely something was written. Perhaps. Maybe."

Master Balon mentioned this place in the annals of the Dragon School history; as a properly versed disciple, he and likely Ochazuke were heirs of a tradition spanning millennia, and he saw firsthand how they'd privy to certain things he'd miss in the formalities and the particulars.

For his part...well, the time spend wandering or cooking left him somewhat ill-informed, and these past three years had been if nothing else quite a cagey introduction to these matters.

Still, he had seen firsthand the multiple cruelties of the universe in this timeline and several others. It would not do to be caught off-guard when it was time to protect the Earth.

Lifting Bojack before him, Zaofan exhaled slowly as he channeled his ki into the tip, and a blue-white light shone brilliantly at one end.

"If I may be so bold, Master Balon, whatever is down here belongs to us all. It only seems right we move forward together."

Briefly, he shut his eyes, and wrinkled his nose with a sharp snort before turning to Sasheem. "Yes, you too. Come on."
    "You mean especially Sasheem," the Majin corrected, stepping forward with the others further into the depths, irritated that he was mentioned as the afterthought. "Much as everybody here wouldn't wanna admit it, you goofs wouldn't get this far without him!"

" Well before Qaztoh's mother Yaztoh passed a law that outlawed trading between races on other planets. The Kingdom of Swampa had an alliance with other races on other planets. In fact, the kingdom had colonized planets by the time Yaztoh came into power.

" That's true, The Kingdom of Swampa had an alliance with a bunch of races from different planets before Yaztoh screwed everything up," Araxat said.

" Hmm but, Doralie Orpheus was the Toadian Queen 30,000 years ago , and The Kingdom of Swampa's space exploration program was established 980 years ago. There's a 29,020-year gap between the two events. So how did six different races from other planets know about Qacriea 30,000 years ago?" Praxat said.

" Maybe there's a mural around here that will tell us how individuals from six different races on other planets. Came to be on this one?" Althena said.

" I for one. Never expected six different races from other planets to know about Qacriea 30,000 years ago," Killrog said.
    Althena discovers a mural and reads the writing above it." Okay, it says This is how I Disdemona Luue. The black vheep of my race and my family became one of The Southern Quadrant's greatest heroes," Althena said.

Althena then motions to Cyanna, Praxat, Araxat, and Killrog to check out the mural.
    My Forum check it out

Althena discovers a mural and reads the writing above it." Okay, it says This is how I Disdemona Luue. The black vheep of my race and my family became one of The Southern Quadrant's greatest heroes," Althena said.

Althena then motions to Cyanna, Praxat, Araxat, and Killrog to check out the mural.
    Moving in closer, Cyanna looked carefully at the mural. As she did, she asked Althena, "Why was Disdemona considered a Blacksheep?"

Moving in closer, Cyanna looked carefully at the mural. As she did, she asked Althena, "Why was Disdemona considered a Blacksheep?"

" In the first part of the mural, it tells from Disdemona perspective how she had a thirst for knowledge. That she question the Kingdom of Swampa's belief system. That she conduct what the Kingdom of Swampa at the time consider to be witchcraft. So her family and the Kingdom view her as a black sheep because they didn't understand what she was doing, " Althena said.

" The mural tells how Disdemona had ideas that the Kingdom thought was outlandish. Like Qacriea being round, how it orbited around a star. How Toadians and Replitas might not be the only intelligent life forms out there. How they might be life out there beyond the stars," Althena said.

" So, in other words, they consider her a black sheep, because she was an oddball, but looking at the first part of this mural. My ancestor Disdemona was just ahead of her time. The stuff she's showing doing on this mural is chemistry. Disdemona wasn't a witch, she was a chemist," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out