Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
"Enough," Charco said, "Vent your anger out on the Doctor. It's my fault I'm in this mess because I didn't take it seriously enough in time. Besides..." He said, trailing off for a moment, "... I don't plan on resting in peace. Not if I have a choice." Although uncertain of what existence waited for him once Rex was in control, Charco was certain that if a ghost dinosaur had the ability to possess him, then he could do it right back.

He paused, Ishtar's words registering in his mind, or rather, one peculiar bit of it.

...immunity to magic...

"What? What about magic?"
Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
Looking at the boy a moment, the Oni considered what to say next before opting for the blunt approach.

"When we fought, I attempted multiple times to use magic. Each failed, and rather spectacularly at that, to the point where it was as if I had never bothered using magic at all; and while I have no inkling on how, there is no denying that you -- or your body -- is the cause." The Oni stated, before shifting focus back. "Regardless, why I have yet to fully understand the situation ... I have seen a fair bit in my long years. So ... let me know if there is anything I can do, mm ? I promise it will not be any worse ... whatever it was this Cyanna did. It may even help, if only a little."
What were they talking about back there?

Etrina sat quickly, looking at her book but paying attention to what was happening....and the discussion within earshot was quite interesting indeed. She didn't feel the need to interject, nor the drive really.....they had a big mission on the way and unnecessary distractions weren't going to make it any easier for them.

Still.....what had her part time apprentice managed to do to upset the Saiyan so much? How did it relate to Charco foretelling self doom......and the anti-magic for that matter.

All things she could ask the trip perhaps, now seemed a rather bad time too....

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
In the seat directly behind her as she read, there was a hasty shuffling. A faint zest carried on warm airs began to perfume the air of the cabin amid a sharp, tinny clinking,

Then a rattling, frothing spitting began to sound out. FFFTTTTTPPFFFTPPTTTFFF----!!!.

"Oops..."
Etrina lowered her book with a pause, almost hesitant to turn around at the sound of....whatever the hell was behind her.

Such hesitation would serve no purpose in the long run, however, and so she twisted around to get a view of what happened.