Page 102 of 214 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3203
  1. #1516
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Enough," Charco said, "Vent your anger out on the Doctor. It's my fault I'm in this mess because I didn't take it seriously enough in time. Besides..." He said, trailing off for a moment, "... I don't plan on resting in peace. Not if I have a choice." Although uncertain of what existence waited for him once Rex was in control, Charco was certain that if a ghost dinosaur had the ability to possess him, then he could do it right back.

    He paused, Ishtar's words registering in his mind, or rather, one peculiar bit of it.

    ...immunity to magic...

    "What? What about magic?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Looking at the boy a moment, the Oni considered what to say next before opting for the blunt approach.

    "When we fought, I attempted multiple times to use magic. Each failed, and rather spectacularly at that, to the point where it was as if I had never bothered using magic at all; and while I have no inkling on how, there is no denying that you -- or your body -- is the cause." The Oni stated, before shifting focus back. "Regardless, why I have yet to fully understand the situation ... I have seen a fair bit in my long years. So ... let me know if there is anything I can do, mm ? I promise it will not be any worse ... whatever it was this Cyanna did. It may even help, if only a little."
    What were they talking about back there?

    Etrina sat quickly, looking at her book but paying attention to what was happening....and the discussion within earshot was quite interesting indeed. She didn't feel the need to interject, nor the drive really.....they had a big mission on the way and unnecessary distractions weren't going to make it any easier for them.

    Still.....what had her part time apprentice managed to do to upset the Saiyan so much? How did it relate to Charco foretelling self doom......and the anti-magic for that matter.

    All things she could ask the trip perhaps, now seemed a rather bad time too....

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In the seat directly behind her as she read, there was a hasty shuffling. A faint zest carried on warm airs began to perfume the air of the cabin amid a sharp, tinny clinking,

    Then a rattling, frothing spitting began to sound out. FFFTTTTTPPFFFTPPTTTFFF----!!!.

    "Oops..."
    Etrina lowered her book with a pause, almost hesitant to turn around at the sound of....whatever the hell was behind her.

    Such hesitation would serve no purpose in the long run, however, and so she twisted around to get a view of what happened.

  2. #1517
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "What was that?!" Sasheem snarled, not quite catching that last bit. "Listen up and remember this, prancing pony, Sasheem is, as of right now and most likely forever more THE GREATEST professional pilot in this sorry collection of individuals! Next time you save the planet, while piloting a mech, THEN, and this is important, ONLY THEN, you can start yammering about how you're the best! Until then...enjoy second place!"
    Held silently looked at the Majin still on his shoulder, wondering if he had failed to take his medication. "..Are you implying you saved the world...In a mech?" The Nevadian quirked an eyebrow. "Even if I was to believe you, I didn't think that was something a 'great destroyer' would ever want to admit outloud. If anything, I'd expect you to take it to your grave..."

    Then again, I should be thankful. Sasheem is a lot smarter as he is now, and technically more dangerous, but I don't think he's as inclined to the same level that he used to be to destroy.

    "Do you know how my people managed to repel the Saiyans before Sarada's reign?" Held asked, his palm facing himself as he examined his nails, "While there's a number of us that can rival them in terms of pure power....It's a a pretty slim minority, I'll reluctantly admit."

    While Held certainly was not among the elite Nevadians--let alone Saiyans--when he first arrived on earth, that was many, many, moons ago. He would be an outlier among most of the fighters of the races he was familiar with. Then again, so would everyone on the lookout.

    "And you couldn't exactly negotiate with Saiyans through trade wars and embargoes in those days. It's pretty hard to keep a Merchants guild in order, if you can't protect it's members, because certain uninterested parties tend to like to 'smash and grab' so to speak."

    The Nevadian yawned as he offhandedly recited information that had been explained to him ages ago, and had been intuited during his time on the battlefield.

    "Of course, my people tend to be rather talented warriors from a technical standpoint, but even that has it's limits when going up against space apes that are seven stories tall. I'm sure it should go without saying since you have the memories of the Galaxy Guy, but it was decided quite along time ago that both technical and technological supremacy was the only way we'd manage to stave off getting destroyed outright."


    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi shakes his head.

    ďHeldís the co-pilot, Iím main pilot. Once this shuttle docks with the Coldlight weíll be on our way. Sasheem, the GP are...less than enthusiastic about a criminal of your level driving their experimental ship.Ē
    Held laughed slightly.

    "See? Jinzi knows. I didn't manage to stay alive in my previous profession--"

    He stopped, rubbing his chin.

    "Wait, am I retired? It's been a few years, I suppose, but it's not like I don't have what it takes.I mean, my ship was busted, but that wasn't really my fault, and it's not like any jobs have come along since then..."

    He trailed off, thinking to himself for several moments, before remembering he was in the middle of a conversation.

    "....What was I saying again? Oh! Right! I'm a great pilot! It's part of the job description!"

  3. #1518
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,079

    Default



    As the shuttle leaves orbit the Coldlight can be seen for the first time.

    The imposing ship looms over the Earth, and as the shuttle docks, a message filters over the comms. GP Captain Miras Thaneís amused voice is the one speaking.

    ďGP Coldlight unit acknowledges Jinzi Pantaloon in possession of this ship for the time being. The Galaxy Police wish you good hunting, Pants. My crew and I will teleport down to Earth and help watch over it while you and yours are gone. Try not to scratch the paint too much, and you owe me a souvenir.Ē

    Jinzi chuckles as the shuttle docks and they are now the crew of the Coldlight.

    The halls, shiny and new, is all well lite and impressively made. Jinzi leads the way to the most advanced cockpit the GP ever laid down, whistling at the design.

    ďSexy, sleak, most impressive. Held, letís get this thing going.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1519
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "What was that?!" Sasheem snarled, not quite catching that last bit. "Listen up and remember this, prancing pony, Sasheem is, as of right now and most likely forever more THE GREATEST professional pilot in this sorry collection of individuals! Next time you save the planet, while piloting a mech, THEN, and this is important, ONLY THEN, you can start yammering about how you're the best! Until then...enjoy second place!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post


    As the shuttle leaves orbit the Coldlight can be seen for the first time.

    The imposing ship looms over the Earth, and as the shuttle docks, a message filters over the comms. GP Captain Miras Thane’s amused voice is the one speaking.

    “GP Coldlight unit acknowledges Jinzi Pantaloon in possession of this ship for the time being. The Galaxy Police wish you good hunting, Pants. My crew and I will teleport down to Earth and help watch over it while you and yours are gone. Try not to scratch the paint too much, and you owe me a souvenir.”

    Jinzi chuckles as the shuttle docks and they are now the crew of the Coldlight.

    The halls, shiny and new, is all well lite and impressively made. Jinzi leads the way to the most advanced cockpit the GP ever laid down, whistling at the design.

    “Sexy, sleak, most impressive. Held, let’s get this thing going.”
    "I might owe the Galaxy Police an apology." Held said, nodding his head in appreciation as he marveled at the design. "It's certainly a work of art."

    I almost wonder if I talked a bit too tough with Sasheem back there....Then again, the fact I feel slightly apprehensive is a sign of how much of a beauty this one is...It's only normal to be a bit intimidated.

    "Aye, Captain." Held replied with a nod, settling into the co-pilots chair, as he began to examine the layout of the controls.

  5. #1520
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post


    As the shuttle leaves orbit the Coldlight can be seen for the first time.

    The imposing ship looms over the Earth, and as the shuttle docks, a message filters over the comms. GP Captain Miras Thane’s amused voice is the one speaking.

    “GP Coldlight unit acknowledges Jinzi Pantaloon in possession of this ship for the time being. The Galaxy Police wish you good hunting, Pants. My crew and I will teleport down to Earth and help watch over it while you and yours are gone. Try not to scratch the paint too much, and you owe me a souvenir.”

    Jinzi chuckles as the shuttle docks and they are now the crew of the Coldlight.

    The halls, shiny and new, is all well lite and impressively made. Jinzi leads the way to the most advanced cockpit the GP ever laid down, whistling at the design.

    “Sexy, sleak, most impressive. Held, let’s get this thing going.”
    Dash followed him, admiring the technology. There appered to be more than enough room for everyone to make themselves comforatble for the long trip, but she was curious about what the control center of the ship looked like.

    As Jinzi and Held took they positions, she looked over the controls and the three remaining stations. "What are these for?" She asked their Captain.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #1521
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash followed him, admiring the technology. There appered to be more than enough room for everyone to make themselves comforatble for the long trip, but she was curious about what the control center of the ship looked like.

    As Jinzi and Held took they positions, she looked over the controls and the three remaining stations. "What are these for?" She asked their Captain.
    “Comms, primary weapon controls, and scanners.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #1522
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I might owe the Galaxy Police an apology." Held said, nodding his head in appreciation as he marveled at the design. "It's certainly a work of art."

    I almost wonder if I talked a bit too tough with Sasheem back there....Then again, the fact I feel slightly apprehensive is a sign of how much of a beauty this one is...It's only normal to be a bit intimidated.

    "Aye, Captain." Held replied with a nod, settling into the co-pilots chair, as he began to examine the layout of the controls.
    The layouts are typical GP ones, spruced up a bit but familiar enough. Jinzi settles into the pilot’s chair and runs his hands over the controls, powering up systems.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #1523
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Comms, primary weapon controls, and scanners.”
    "DID SOMEONE SAY WEAPONS?" Erosa spontaneously com-busted out of thin air, landed on the chair that jinzi had motion too and started spinning around on it while eagerly waving her fingers about in anticipation of hitting a button...any button.

  9. #1524
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Comms, primary weapon controls, and scanners.”
    "Do you need help then? Ah'm a quick study an ah know my way around a computer."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #1525
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "DID SOMEONE SAY WEAPONS?" Erosa spontaneously com-busted out of thin air, landed on the chair that jinzi had motion too and started spinning around on it while eagerly waving her fingers about in anticipation of hitting a button...any button.
    With a smile, "You may wanna wait til we get there before blastin anything, Erosa." Dash then looked down at the Scanner console.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  11. #1526
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    “Weapons on lock, for now. You’ll have plenty to fire at soon enough I have a feeling. Dash, take the scanners. It’s a simple system the GP use and you should be able to familiarize yourself with it quickly.”

    The engine powers up and the ship seems to purr as it comes to life. Jinzi’s face takes on a familiar manic glint.

    “Oh, I’m making one of these when I get home......”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #1527
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With a smile, "You may wanna wait til we get there before blastin anything, Erosa." Dash then looked down at the Scanner console.
    "Pffft....Waiting is for waiters and I'm an order....er......Besides, this is an Xpeary~mental ship. What if I hit the fire button when we get in an actual fight and nothing comes out. We need to test fire NOW!" Erosa commanded. "Captain Underpants! Give me a target! Navigator Otherpants, turn us to something we can shoot! Crewman sparkledash.....uhh.......Do something on one of the things ero."

    “Weapons on lock, for now. You’ll have plenty to fire at soon enough I have a feeling. Dash, take the scanners. It’s a simple system the GP use and you should be able to familiarize yourself with it quickly.”

    The engine powers up and the ship seems to purr as it comes to life. Jinzi’s face takes on a familiar manic glint.

    “Oh, I’m making one of these when I get home......”
    The cockpit was filled with the wail of a dejected Erosa.

  13. #1528
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Pffft....Waiting is for waiters and I'm an order....er......Besides, this is an Xpeary~mental ship. What if I hit the fire button when we get in an actual fight and nothing comes out. We need to test fire NOW!" Erosa commanded. "Captain Underpants! Give me a target! Navigator Otherpants, turn us to something we can shoot! Crewman sparkledash.....uhh.......Do something on one of the things ero."



    The cockpit was filled with the wail of a dejected Erosa.
    “Anticipation makes everything better, Erosa. Trust me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1529
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Pffft....Waiting is for waiters and I'm an order....er......Besides, this is an Xpeary~mental ship. What if I hit the fire button when we get in an actual fight and nothing comes out. We need to test fire NOW!" Erosa commanded. "Captain Underpants! Give me a target! Navigator Otherpants, turn us to something we can shoot! Crewman sparkledash.....uhh.......Do something on one of the things ero."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďWeapons on lock, for now. Youíll have plenty to fire at soon enough I have a feeling. Dash, take the scanners. Itís a simple system the GP use and you should be able to familiarize yourself with it quickly.Ē

    The engine powers up and the ship seems to purr as it comes to life. Jinziís face takes on a familiar manic glint.

    ďOh, Iím making one of these when I get home......Ē

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The cockpit was filled with the wail of a dejected Erosa.
    As Dash to the scanner chair, she turned to Erosa, "Don't feel too bad. Maybe there is a simulator o something you can practice on til we all get there."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #1530
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held silently looked at the Majin still on his shoulder, wondering if he had failed to take his medication. "..Are you implying you saved the world...In a mech?" The Nevadian quirked an eyebrow. "Even if I was to believe you, I didn't think that was something a 'great destroyer' would ever want to admit outloud. If anything, I'd expect you to take it to your grave..."

    Then again, I should be thankful. Sasheem is a lot smarter as he is now, and technically more dangerous, but I don't think he's as inclined to the same level that he used to be to destroy.

    "Do you know how my people managed to repel the Saiyans before Sarada's reign?" Held asked, his palm facing himself as he examined his nails, "While there's a number of us that can rival them in terms of pure power....It's a a pretty slim minority, I'll reluctantly admit."

    While Held certainly was not among the elite Nevadians--let alone Saiyans--when he first arrived on earth, that was many, many, moons ago. He would be an outlier among most of the fighters of the races he was familiar with. Then again, so would everyone on the lookout.

    "And you couldn't exactly negotiate with Saiyans through trade wars and embargoes in those days. It's pretty hard to keep a Merchants guild in order, if you can't protect it's members, because certain uninterested parties tend to like to 'smash and grab' so to speak."

    The Nevadian yawned as he offhandedly recited information that had been explained to him ages ago, and had been intuited during his time on the battlefield.

    "Of course, my people tend to be rather talented warriors from a technical standpoint, but even that has it's limits when going up against space apes that are seven stories tall. I'm sure it should go without saying since you have the memories of the Galaxy Guy, but it was decided quite along time ago that both technical and technological supremacy was the only way we'd manage to stave off getting destroyed outright."
    "Ahem!" Sasheem cleared his throat. "Maybe you've been put of the loop, but ever since..." Sasheem passed a brief glance over to Ishtar. "Certain incidents, Sasheem's turned over a knew leaf and saved Capital City a bunch times. The street crime rate has at least been cut down by over seventy percent, no thanks to you losers," he added, proudly....while also omitting the extent of the collateral damage as he leaped back towards the floor. "Once he's done with this time mission, Sasheem's only got a few more threats to eliminate before he's named the true 'Hero of Capital City'!"

    "As for that other stuff, Sasheem never said you weren't qualified...only that you second best...at best," the Majin taunted before Jinzi stepped forth to unveil some devastating news regarding the ship's piloting...

    Held laughed slightly.

    "See? Jinzi knows. I didn't manage to stay alive in my previous profession--"

    He stopped, rubbing his chin.

    "Wait, am I retired? It's been a few years, I suppose, but it's not like I don't have what it takes.I mean, my ship was busted, but that wasn't really my fault, and it's not like any jobs have come along since then..."

    He trailed off, thinking to himself for several moments, before remembering he was in the middle of a conversation.

    "....What was I saying again? Oh! Right! I'm a great pilot! It's part of the job description!"
    Blizzar looked up from sipping his tea, "By the way, Held, you should be made aware of..." the Arcosian seemed to think for a moment. "Actually, no, save it for later. You have other things more pertinent to concentrate on for the moment."
    Last edited by KingofPie; 08-24-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •