Page 103 of 294 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

As the shuttle leaves orbit the Coldlight can be seen for the first time.

The imposing ship looms over the Earth, and as the shuttle docks, a message filters over the comms. GP Captain Miras Thane’s amused voice is the one speaking.

“GP Coldlight unit acknowledges Jinzi Pantaloon in possession of this ship for the time being. The Galaxy Police wish you good hunting, Pants. My crew and I will teleport down to Earth and help watch over it while you and yours are gone. Try not to scratch the paint too much, and you owe me a souvenir.”

Jinzi chuckles as the shuttle docks and they are now the crew of the Coldlight.

The halls, shiny and new, is all well lite and impressively made. Jinzi leads the way to the most advanced cockpit the GP ever laid down, whistling at the design.

“Sexy, sleak, most impressive. Held, let’s get this thing going.”
    "My word...they really spared no expense on this one," Blizzar noted, taking in the surroundings. "Sleek in every sense of the word. Streamlined controls for easy handling....seats are made of top notch cushioning. Voice command modules...." Blizzar glanced back. "No doubt they went above and beyond on the kitchen as well. Should satisfy the most ravenous of appetites on this motley crew. R&D truly outshine themselves in every manner, this time aro-..."

Blizzar paused as one fo the glove compartments in the cockpit began to rattle. The Arcosian couldn't believe it....the sounds of scurrying? It seemed inconceivable? An infestation on this ship? It seemed so ill fitting to have an unsightly blemish on such a perfect record, even if it was just one."

Moving forward to tentatively investigate the source of the noise, Blizzar was greeted by the sight of the glove compartment suddenly opening on its own, a familiar small, rectangular figure flipping out from within, scattering papers everywhere.

"CH-CHIEF DURIVE?!" Blizzar uttered, incredulous. What was he doing here?! As a matter of fact how did he even get here?! Blizzar was certain that mere days ago, he was just chatting with the chief in his office at HQ and....

"Sir....if you don't mind, what are you..." Blizzar began, his many questions cut off by the diminutive machine/cardboard thing, attempting a showcase of aerodynamic maneuverability. I.e, backflips. He failed every time, landing on his face.

"Sir....I don't quite..." Blizzar practically pleaded, the superior officer refusing to cease in his attempts to show off an ability he very likely did not possess. "I just don't understand....could you just stop and explain why you're here?"

He was met with silence, as Durive not only continued the routime, but in fact increased the pace with violent ferocity.

It was all Blizzar could do to keep calm as he pinched his nose. "Backflipping. Is. Not. An. Explanation..." he calmly insisted through gritted teeth.

A quote that gave Durive pause as he finally came to halt, standing on one stick leg and standing uncomfortably still as he glared at Blizzar.

"Er, b-but feel free to continue, eh?" The Arcosian stammered, a sinking feeling of his career being on the line beginning to crop up in his head. "I'm sure you'll get it eventually."

Durive replied with a happy chirp, continuing to backflips away. "I truly need another cup of tea...or three" Blizzar sighed to himself, sulky making his way towards the back of the ship to explore more of it's rooms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ahem!" Sasheem cleared his throat. "Maybe you've been put of the loop, but ever since..." Sasheem passed a brief glance over to Ishtar. "Certain incidents, Sasheem's turned over a knew leaf and saved Capital City a bunch times. The street crime rate has at least been cut down by over seventy percent, no thanks to you losers," he added, proudly....while also omitting the extent of the collateral damage as he leaped back towards the floor. "Once he's done with this time missi9n, Sasheem's only got a few more threats to eliminate be for ehes named the true 'Hero of Capital City'!"
    For once, Held was unsure of how to respond. He studied Sasheems expression for signs of humor, or deception, but...He seemed to be both serious, and truthful.

"...Huh. Well...I'm surprised. And impressed. You'll be the poster boy for change at this rate."

Blizzar looked up from sipping his tea, "By the way, Held, you should be made aware of..." the Arcosian seemed to think for a moment. "Actually, no, save it for later. You have other things more pertinent to concentrate on for the moment."
    "Hm?" Held turned his head towards the Acrosian, who seemed to think better of whatever he intended to say. "Suit yourself." He replied, before turning back to the controls.

"If it's about my ship...Yeah, I saw, sadly."

“Weapons on lock, for now. You’ll have plenty to fire at soon enough I have a feeling. Dash, take the scanners. It’s a simple system the GP use and you should be able to familiarize yourself with it quickly.”

The engine powers up and the ship seems to purr as it comes to life. Jinzi’s face takes on a familiar manic glint.

“Oh, I’m making one of these when I get home......”
    Held smiled at his friends comment as he examined the controls, quickly becoming used to them.

"I'll bet you are, buddy." Held said with a joyous laugh, clearly impressed by the ingenuity of the Galaxy Police, "I can only imagine how many years of the GP's budget with into this thing..."

His hands gently traced the line of the controls, examining them, along with several lights on the cockpit.

"Systems Check...It looks all good on this end."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    What were they talking about back there?

Etrina sat quickly, looking at her book but paying attention to what was happening....and the discussion within earshot was quite interesting indeed. She didn't feel the need to interject, nor the drive really.....they had a big mission on the way and unnecessary distractions weren't going to make it any easier for them.

Still.....what had her part time apprentice managed to do to upset the Saiyan so much? How did it relate to Charco foretelling self doom......and the anti-magic for that matter.

All things she could ask the trip perhaps, now seemed a rather bad time too....

Etrina lowered her book with a pause, almost hesitant to turn around at the sound of....whatever the hell was behind her.

Such hesitation would serve no purpose in the long run, however, and so she twisted around to get a view of what happened.
    A highly-pitched, throaty warble called out, floating upon the surface of a cup "Fufufu--! I cast a spell on you!" Zaofan hung over the seat beside her as he passed a narrow tray before her. Inlaid over the top of a porcelain mug, a chubby foam creature jiggled limply, peeping out at Etrina as it slowly melted.

"Two drops of bergamot oil! Seven ounces of black tea, decocted in two cups of hot water! Add one small drop of syrup, and some steamed milk whipped for froth--voila! A Vanilla Earl Grey Latte!"

"If Mistress, White, Blue, Red, and Green will accept?"

Surrounding the big cup was more of the same, foam peaking over espresso-sized mugs. A big smile stretched from ear to ear as Zaofan wiggled his eyebrows.

"To keep your head up while you study, I mean."

"Er, b-but feel free to continue, eh?" The Arcosian stammered, a sinking feeling of his career being on the line beginning to crop up in his head. "I'm sure you'll get it eventually."

Durive replied with a happy chirp, continuing to backflips away. "I truly need another cup of tea...or three" Blizzar sighed to himself, sulky making his way towards the back of the ship to explore more of it's rooms.
    After destroying the Lookout with the deplorable -- yet paradoxically honorable -- Larval Erosa, Anubis spent some time sulking and scooping up and any and all bits of food that were left by the wayside. From there, and when the Coldlight arrived to whisk Ishtar and the others away, the Hound found himself drawn up to it ... if for no other reason than because it was shiny and he wanted to see if there were doodads he could **** with.

Yet when he walked through the hull of the Coldlight, what did he find but a strange automaton made of cardboard and ... were those straws ?

"Hey Popsicle !" The Hound barked, cornering Blizzar before he could slink off. "What's with the juice box ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi grins wolfishly.

“Ok then, steady on all. Held, three, two, one, let’s jam!”

He spools the engines on full and the ship moves.

With a smooth shift the ship books it, burning astral dust as it leaves the solar system in moments and blows past any speed Held, Blizzar, Sarada, Sasheem, Parsley, or anyone else has ever seen. Jinzi’s hands fly over the controls like an artists, imputing quick calculations and coordinates as he looks over at Held with the biggest grin ever.

“If this happens to be it, not a bad ride to go out in, Held. Hot damn! The Gallop is getting an upgrade when I get back, same with my personal vehicle. Kami at this speed we’ll be...”, he stops talking as he examines something on the layout.

“Oh...oh those beautiful bastards. Held, they created a tachyon hyperdrive! That’s what’s powering this beast! Screw this trip taking days, this is going to take hours! And once we get close enough Ochazuke and Ishtar can narrow our search down ever further.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    For once, Held was unsure of how to respond. He studied Sasheems expression for signs of humor, or deception, but...He seemed to be both serious, and truthful.

"...Huh. Well...I'm surprised. And impressed. You'll be the poster boy for change at this rate."
    "Tch..." Sasheem grinned bitterly. "Guess that's just Sasheem's lot in life..."

"Hm?" Held turned his head towards the Acrosian, who seemed to think better of whatever he intended to say. "Suit yourself." He replied, before turning back to the controls.

"If it's about my ship...Yeah, I saw, sadly."
    "No, not quite..." Blizzar shook his head. "Really, it's best we concentrate on the matter at hand for now. Should there ever be a moment when we're all accolades and have some downtime before our arrival, I'll relay it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    After destroying the Lookout with the deplorable -- yet paradoxically honorable -- Larval Erosa, Anubis spent some time sulking and scooping up and any and all bits of food that were left by the wayside. From there, and when the Coldlight arrived to whisk Ishtar and the others away, the Hound found himself drawn up to it ... if for no other reason than because it was shiny and he wanted to see if there were doodads he could **** with.

Yet when he walked through the hull of the Coldlight, what did he find but a strange automaton made of cardboard and ... were those straws ?

"Hey Popsicle !" The Hound barked, cornering Blizzar before he could slink off. "What's with the juice box ?"
    "Oh, er.." Blizzar sighed, unused to being questioned by this...canine looking thing. He'd at least seen it around before, supposing it was an ally of some sort. He suppose it didn't hurt. "That would be...my boss, as it were. Chief of the Galaxy Police, Durive," he informed the hound, giving one last glance at the superior officer, who now attempted to engage in a series of one armed handstands, that only lasted half a second, at best. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I really must go and treat this oncoming headache..."

"Oh, er.." Blizzar sighed, unused to being questioned by this...canine looking thing. He'd at least seen it around before, supposing it was an ally of some sort. He suppose it didn't hurt. "That would be...my boss, as it were. Chief of the Galaxy Police, Durive," he informed the hound, giving one last glance at the superior officer, who now attempted to engage in a series of one armed handstands, that only lasted half a second, at best. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I really must go and treat this oncoming headache..."
    The Popsicle was fairly forthcoming, even going so far as to acknowledge that it knew the Juice Box. Anubis chuckled. "Interesting."

Though before he allowed Blizzar to run off -- and obviously away -- from this 'Durive', there was at least one more thing to ask. "So ... just so I've got this right. The Capri Sun over there is your Chief; as in Chief of the Galaxy Police. We talking a precinct or the whole shebang ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Popsicle was fairly forthcoming, even going so far as to acknowledge that it knew the Juice Box. Anubis chuckled. "Interesting."

Though before he allowed Blizzar to run off -- and obviously away -- from this 'Durive', there was at least one more thing to ask. "So ... just so I've got this right. The Capri Sun over there is your Chief; as in Chief of the Galaxy Police. We talking a precinct or the whole shebang ?"
    "No, no, the entire organization..." Blizzar noted. "Above him is the Commissioner. If I'm being completely honest with you, I've never quite been made aware of how the Infrastructure works that far above my own station," The Arcosian added. "Somewhat uncommon among Law Enforcement organizations, I understand."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A highly-pitched, throaty warble called out, floating upon the surface of a cup "Fufufu--! I cast a spell on you!" Zaofan hung over the seat beside her as he passed a narrow tray before her. Inlaid over the top of a porcelain mug, a chubby foam creature jiggled limply, peeping out at Etrina as it slowly melted.

"Two drops of bergamot oil! Seven ounces of black tea, decocted in two cups of hot water! Add one small drop of syrup, and some steamed milk whipped for froth--voila! A Vanilla Earl Grey Latte!"

"If Mistress, White, Blue, Red, and Green will accept?"

Surrounding the big cup was more of the same, foam peaking over espresso-sized mugs. A big smile stretched from ear to ear as Zaofan wiggled his eyebrows.

"To keep your head up while you study, I mean."
    "What?" Etrina picked up the cup in both hands, the gesture momentarily distracting her from her usual composure when dealing with the cook. There appeared to be a cute cat drowning(or melting) in her cup.....and foam animal abuse aside the cup had a rather nice smell to it. The Mage took a sip, a sigh of delight escaping her lips before she could recompose and immediately snap back into mistress mode(albit with a slight shade of red on her face). "Y...Yes. I mean....I expect nothing but the best. That you continue to deliver is simply the reason why you have my favor above all others. Just don't let it go to your head....or do.....Just know I'll be forced to discipline you again, when everything is finished..." The mage tilted her head away. Coming from Etrina....it wasn't a threat as much as an Invitation.

"Look! He even made tea for us!" Red flew a circle around her own cup, examining it before dunking her head in and pulling it up covered in foam. "Tasty Darkness!"

"Yes....well.....Foci do not need to drink tea.....However the intention is appreciated." Blue remarked by her own cup, while White sat on the rim and pushed down on her foam cat with her foot in either an attempt to drown or subjugate it.

Green was already asleep, face first into her team mug.....the occational bubbles breaking the foamy surface.

*snip*

As the shuttle leaves orbit the Coldlight can be seen for the first time.

The imposing ship looms over the Earth, and as the shuttle docks, a message filters over the comms. GP Captain Miras Thane’s amused voice is the one speaking.

“GP Coldlight unit acknowledges Jinzi Pantaloon in possession of this ship for the time being. The Galaxy Police wish you good hunting, Pants. My crew and I will teleport down to Earth and help watch over it while you and yours are gone. Try not to scratch the paint too much, and you owe me a souvenir.”

Jinzi chuckles as the shuttle docks and they are now the crew of the Coldlight.

The halls, shiny and new, is all well lite and impressively made. Jinzi leads the way to the most advanced cockpit the GP ever laid down, whistling at the design.

“Sexy, sleak, most impressive. Held, let’s get this thing going.”
    As he stepped foot off the shuttle to the cruiser Jinzi had comissioned, a familiar voice rang out the long stretches. It had been some time since Miras Thane graced their host, and in times like these it was but a grim reminder of the matter before them. Thankfully, unlike the last forays into space, instead of a slaver's vessel, a scrap patchwork, or a refugee lifeboat, this was a vessel specifically prepared for a purpose. War.

Scanning his view down one hallway to the next, there was a certain geometric sterility rendered the ship's structures unsettlingly gargantuan. The smell of ozone in the cycling air punctuated the uniformity. Nothing at all to distract from the journey to come. "How fortunate that you have friends across all the universe," Ochazuke remarked to Jinzi. "Only a word and they will come."

Yet though the course remained above, Ochazuke's thoughts remained upon the Earth below. Doubtless, even now That Man was watching, his name soon to be seeded throughout the minds of the greater galaxy. With a low grumble, he resigned his thoughts to the battle before them; the fight for Tomorrow could continue once it could be assured there were indeed days yet to come.

The layouts are typical GP ones, spruced up a bit but familiar enough. Jinzi settles into the pilot’s chair and runs his hands over the controls, powering up systems.
    Following Jinzi to the bridge, he cast his view into the star-spackled void. How placid a vision it was the long curtain of night, as if it stretched over and nestled the world below. But as the planet shrank in the distance behind them, the affect was rendered starkly. A pale, blue orb, suspended in the familiar light of their sun, set adrift in an endless cosmic expanse. In the still silence, the stars ever nearer and so much the brighter.

How many were just like this one rendering shadow upon the Coldlight? Did they too, reach out to be heard, or were the shimmering reds and verdant blues merely the echo of something shouting furiously into the void, burned out eons before the light even touched their eyes?

With a low grumble, he took a seat at a console near Held. Setting a glance on the inlaid screen, he regarded the flickering slights and shifing meters with a mere blink, and leaned back in the headrest with a slow sigh.

Instead, Ochazuke closed his eyes, and slowly expanding the field of Battle Meditation, sweeping his subtle sense across the bridge, through the corridors from the heavily armed bow to the burning engine and rudder, then through the armor-plated hull and sweeping its range beyond.

"The Doctor struck out with impunity before, secure in the knowledge that he stood at a remove from the worlds he laid his hands on," he said bitterly, "confident none would be able to find the way back to him...until now."

Their pilots had some of the keenest eyes and hands in the known universe, and there was the utmost confidence they would deliver them upon their course. For his part Ochazuke would assist them in the only manner he could, navigating them through the subliminal veil of space-time where the enemy resided. Clasping Nail's Artifact between his hands, he concentrated on determining the course through the pulse resonating within the dark sphere.
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-24-2019 at 11:21 PM.

"No, no, the entire organization..." Blizzar noted. "Above him is the Commissioner. If I'm being completely honest with you, I've never quite been made aware of how the Infrastructure works that far above my own station," The Arcosian added. "Somewhat uncommon among Law Enforcement organizations, I understand."
    "But you ... and presumably a considerable amount of other coughcough absolutely worthless coughcough Galaxy Patrol Officers ?" Anubis asked, after deciding there was only one thing left to ask. "Not gonna lie, Ice Cream Man, you just made my day." Gesturing with a paw dismissively, the Hound then turned its attention toward the ... juice ... egg carton ... matchbox ca-

"What the **** even are you, little guy ?" The Hound asked, moving closer toward the snack ... plaything ? Ah who knows. Not like Anubis actually knew what he was gonna do with the thing quite yet.

Arx Inosaan

"But you ... and presumably a considerable amount of other coughcough absolutely worthless coughcough Galaxy Patrol Officers ?" Anubis asked, after deciding there was only one thing left to ask. "Not gonna lie, Ice Cream Man, you just made my day." Gesturing with a paw dismissively, the Hound then turned its attention toward the ... juice ... egg carton ... matchbox ca-

"What the **** even are you, little guy ?" The Hound asked, moving closer toward the snack ... plaything ? Ah who knows. Not like Anubis actually knew what he was gonna do with the thing quite yet.
    Durive, on the other hand, knew exactly what he was going to do. Without so much as a greeting, or perhaps this was a hello of sorts...the miniature mechanic looking thing immediately jabbed one of his arms into Anubis' right eye.

Durive, on the other hand, knew exactly what he was going to do. Without so much as a greeting, or perhaps this was a hello of sorts...the miniature mechanic looking thing immediately jabbed one of his arms into Anubis' right eye.
    Before Anubis could register what was happening the little bastard lunged forward and poked him in the eye. "Gyawoooo!"

How the thing managed to move, let alone poke with such ferocity was ... well, it made about as much sense as a Wolf that's hardly a Wolf. Or whatever Erosa was. Some kind of ... trash compactor hivemind ? ... In any event, by the time his eye stopped watering, Anubis had one and only one thing to say. "What the **** ?!"

Then a beat passed, and he had one more thing to say.

"You have a death wish or something ? You know I eat people for fun right ?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 08-25-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Arx Inosaan

Before Anubis could register what was happening the little bastard lunged forward and poked him in the eye. "Gyawoooo!"

How the thing managed to move, let alone poke with such ferocity was ... well, it made about as much sense as a Wolf that's hardly a Wolf. Or whatever Erosa was. Some kind of ... trash compactor hivemind ? ... In any event, by the time his eye stopped watering, Anubis had one and only one thing to say. "What the **** ?!"

Then a beat passed, and he had one more thing to say.

"You have a death wish or something ? You know I eat people for fun right ?"
    There was no response, in part because Durive had already left...sort of. Anubis soon felt a light weight fall upon his back as Durive, of course began to repeatedly strike him across the head with his chopstick-arms. Squawking like a bird, the diminutive chief apparently wanted the otherworldly hound to...ferry him around as it were.

There was no response, in part because Durive had already left...sort of. Anubis soon felt a light weight fall upon his back as Durive, of course began to repeatedly strike him across the head with his chopstick-arms. Squawking like a bird, the diminutive chief apparently wanted the otherworldly hound to...ferry him around as it were.
    Anubis flinched with each, Thunk ... thunk ... thunk ...

"Grrrrr ..."

How was this little thing so damned fast. It was like he was fighting that ... that thing, over again. Only it was made of cardboard, and uh ... who even knows. Letting out a sigh, only to grimace as Durive began to squawk like a bird. The Hound realized that if he was going to get anything out of this creature -- like how many GP Officers he was in charge of, and how easy it would be for Anubis to **** with them -- he'd have to ...

Thunk ... thunk ... thunk ...

"HEY STOP THAT !" Anubis yelled, before breaking into a trot. "I have no idea how you managed to get the job you have ... but I'll find out sooner or later you little ... I SAID ENOUGH WITH THE CHOPPING !"

Arx Inosaan