Page 112 of 294 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The half wrecked ships seem much weaker, and the void beams start tearing them apart. Interestingly, the whole ships, ancient as they are, seem immune to Void energy as any beams slide off their shields and armor. Nor can they be teleported into.

In fact, teleportation within the factories seems near impossible. On Dash’s scanner screen an abundance of data starts pouring in, the main chunk being that the asteroids are laced with a mineral that is almost identical to Katchin, but just slightly different (like Parsley’s ax in-fact). Harder, even, because it seems to channel energy more efficiently, giving the material a further durability while also providing a field that inhibits teleportation within the facilities.

More ships pull into the open space from decaying dock yards as Jinzi rushes back up.

“Ok everyone, hold on to your butts! I have no idea if this will destroys us or not, so here’s hoping! Ishtar, Cthylla, get back in the ship! Deploying Null-Rot Chaff bomb in 3, 2, 1........”

Waiting until all parties are back in the ship, he then deploys his weapon.

The shuttle they arrived on exits the Coldlight under A.I. control and boosts off towards a cluster of four of the bigger, complete, ships. After about fifteen seconds, it blows up and a nexus of swirling green and purple energy, dispersed alongside a glittering cloud of familiar but somehow different Chaff, expands outward in all directions, swallowing the four ships and sending out massive shockwaves that cross the entire area.

The Coldlight heaves and jerks about, warning lights glaring and alert klaxons blaring as Jinzi and Held try to keep it together. After several seconds the entire ship goes dark, the Coldlight dead in space.

Jinzi counts to ten, then taps a button on the dashboard and suddenly light flares back up as emergency power flares through the Coldlight. Images pop up on the screen and the four ships the shuttle went towards have been reduced to less than atoms.

The ships closest to those four appear to be slowly being eaten away by something as their energy protection has failed momentarily.

Half the wrecked ships have fallen apart and are also being eaten away, and power fluctuations all across the factories denote a similar failure. For the moment, the Coldlight sails alone, the only ship still mobile.

Jinzi chuckles nervously.

“Well......better than I hoped. A dash of Null Energy from Terra, a pinch of Tech-Rot from another timeline, add a dose of First Race disruption Chaff and stir in a crap ton of Capsule Corp high end explosives. Bake until done.”

He looks at the group, sweating.

“The Coldlight is hurt, so Praxat start doing internal repairs. I wasn’t entirely sure my plan would work without killing us, so......yeah, kind of waited to see what the defenses would be like first. Figured now or never. Glad the GP listened and added in the last minute extra magical warding on the ship. It’s what kept the Tech Rot and Chaff from effecting the ship.”

He glances back and moves the ship forwards.

“The scanners have located a docking entrance we can use. I’ll drop you guys off there. From there it’s on foot. The altered chaff will only keep working for about another five minutes, then the remaining defenses and ships will be back in the fight. That’s the best window I can give you to get cleanly in. The rest will be up to you. Oh, and it looks like those factories and asteroids are about as durable as can be, so blowing them up won’t be easy, if even possible.”

Praxat gets to work repairing the Coldlight.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

In between his banter with Held, the Coldlight is piloted into a hanger bay. A docking tube connects the ship to an access door into the facility, and after a few tries, the facility base door unlocks and is open.

You just need to walk down the tube into the facility.

“Last stop, folks. Grab you gear and you better all be ready for pickup once I get back from kicking the rest of the armada’s ass. No one’s allowed to bite it, understand?” Jinzi says, glancing at them all.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

In between his banter with Held, the Coldlight is piloted into a hanger bay. A docking tube connects the ship to an access door into the facility, and after a few tries, the facility base door unlocks and is open.

“Last stop, folks. Grab you gear and you better all be ready for pickup once I get back from kicking the rest of the armada’s ass. No one’s allowed to bite it, understand?” Jinzi says, glancing at them all.

Althena gives Jinzi a thumbs up.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"Hey, Jinzi. Do you need my help? Ah thought ah'd ask before making the run." Dash stood up and activated her Spider Armor, "Not that ah wouldn't mind doin some ass kickin myself."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Althena's skin turns purple." Bite what , what is it that we shouldn't be biting Jinzi. I quite don't understand your statement" Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-29-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena's skin turns purple." Bite what , what is it that we shouldn't be biting Jinzi. I quite don't understand your statement" Althena said.
    "He means don't bite the big one, as in, don't go an get yourself killed. It's an old Earth sayin."

Blizzar steps up, hauling I've his shoulders what appeared to be a punching bag oddly enough. Perhaps stolen from the ship's exercise room. "I wish you luck, Pantaloon. Just, er...the next time you try something risky, make certain survival is ensured."

Sasheem brought nothing but he seemed to be giddy with excitement. He was a bit disappointed that he didn't get to take down too many ships, but they were likely unmanned anyway. Here they were finally getting into the thick of it with experiments, time bastsrds, gods of destruction and who knew what else?! It was time to do what he does best...annihilate....to uh...to save the universe, that is. Of course.

And if he could ruin whatever stake the Nevadian had in wanting to own this stupid old wreck of a place, even better!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley's cargo was stowed away in a capsule, while Sarada had nothing in particular on her except her new prosthetic hand. "Don't worry about us, Pants," Parsley chided. "We'll be fine."

Sarada said nothing, but flashed a thumbs up before they both walked into the facility.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "He means don't bite the big one, as in, don't go an get yourself killed. It's an old Earth sayin."

Althena gets into a prayer stance and says a prayer for the group.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-29-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Hey, Jinzi. Do you need my help? Ah thought ah'd ask before making the run." Dash stood up and activated her Spider Armor, "Not that ah wouldn't mind doin some ass kickin myself."
    “You’re a Warrior. Go and kick some but, Dash. I’ll manage here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Jinzi shrugs.

“If you want the creepy and ancient shipyard-slash-experiment who knows what place, it’s all yours. So long as the Doctor loses it.”

He quirks an eyebrow.

“Of course you’ll need help deciphering everything.”
    "Not a problem." Held said with a laugh, "I know a guy whose pretty good at these sorts of things."

He rubbed his chin, "Admittedly, I'm already probably pushing my luck since he's helping to rebuild my ship and all, but maybe I'll decide to learn a new language in my spare time also..."

Held nodded in affirmation, throwing a capsule in the air, causing his trademark golden spear to appear in a puff of smoke. He casually pulled it to his side, slung slightly over his shoulder.

He frowned for a moment. ".....I should probably put on my spacesuit. It'd be a pretty ignoble end just to get done in by the Doctor turning off the air or something..."

He leaned his spear against the wall, before dashing out the door. "Be right back! Nobody touch that!"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Okay, I understand now," Althena said. Althena then gets into a prayer stance and says a prayer for the group.
    As she prays, she hears a distant, faint voice in her mind, "Guardian Nexus connection established."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-29-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Charco had spent most of the trip on the floor. Rex's soul-pry, as he dubbed it, had left him struggling just to do the basics without a laborious amount of effort. It didn't help when the ship unexpectedly rocked, throwing him back onto the floor as they engaged in combat, or so he guessed. Eventually, the boy would find him back on his feet and after some time, walking became easier as long as that was all he was doing. His forearm pressed against the wall to brace him, Charco made his way back to the others, visibly exhausted, but it became apparent there would be no rest as they were disembarking.

"Yo Jinzi..." He said, his voice quiet as raising it to normal levels would have involved more effort, "Thanks, man..."

With that said, he proceeded to follow the others outside to whatever the Doctor had waiting for them.

Ochazuke kept his eyes trained on that sight just beyond the facility door just past the hangar bay. Perhaps it had been the stress of the navigational effort, or the tumult of panic left in their wake - a Null Chaff bomb? - but when the Coldlight's doors opened and aligned the path deep into the ancient forge deep in the heart of this asteroid field come mine, there was a familiar affect of lifelessness.

Even as the cosmic dust outside pooled toward a radiant core of plasma in this twisting nebula, the cold vastness of space rendered itself more clearly than ever before. Amid the nursery of stars, the shadows stretch the longest. Atoms lay adrift on nascient solar winds; the towering black spires that doomed Terra still stretched as far as the eye could see.

Yet the Dark Sphere that hung from his neck did not cease its pulse. Indeed, as close as they were now, it seemed the artifact took on a life of its own. Containing within itself the hopes of the Namekian race once held ransom to the Doctor's demands why shouldn't it?

Setting foot within the facility, Ochazuke took a slow, deep breath. Brushing his hand against the wall, he extended his Meditational Field down the initial corridor. Sweeping the facility, he sought to find the shape, the presence of what lay in wait, and any information he could gain by tracing the unseen forces that held this place together.

As she prays, she hears a distant, faint voice in her mind, "Guardian Nexus connection established."

Althena then takes out what seems to be a strange tube with swirling energy inside of it , ( Meagan, Praxat gave me something ,and I don't know what it is. I'm wondering if what she gave me is dangerous? ) Althena said telepathically.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out