Page 115 of 294 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Teshub nods his head.

‘Until then.’

The mental connection breaks, but not before Ishtar sees a third person in the room.

A Nuckelavee demon, one of the worst types ever to crawl from the demon realm. Even other demons look down on them for their barbarity. Powerful, devious, and dangerous. To Ishtar’s knowledge only three remain in all existence: One in HFIL, one in the secreted prison planet the Galaxy Police control, and the last one, Baric the Brute, a GP top five most dangerous, was supposed to be executed by the Arcosian Empire.

It seems not judging by his appearance here.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Ishtar bristled when the timeline rippled, the distortion but remained in place long enough to confirm it was nothing more than the actions of a child, and not The Doctor's opening move; and once she was sure.

Etrina heard it clear as day. "Child, now is not the place."
    "....Sorry.....had to be sure it works. Likely going to need this magic later." Etrina let out a sigh, but smiled non the less. "....and if I can refrain from calling you grandmother, you can avoid calling me a child once in awhile..."

Still connected with Marduk, and Teshub -- in order to pinpoint their location -- Ishtar turned towards the others (even Sasheem) and spoke quickly.

"Parsley, Sasheem, Etrina. With me." Ishtar said, adding yet another team (?) to the mix. "Marduk is here, and he is not alone. Another Oni, Teshub and a cursed weapon stand with him." She explained, quickly. "As confident as I am he could be handled alone ... I will need your help."
    Etrina seemed to brighten a little at the request. "Of course, I'm here for you."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Parsley, you manage to make out a bit more:

An Arcosian/Namekian hybrid. That was what you saw walking with the Doctor.

And these mechanical First Race hound like defenses.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "If either one of you could assist me in pinpointing the whereabouts of Kenbo, I'd be most grateful," Blizzar inquired. Due to his cyborg nature, the Arcosian figured searching for his energy signature was a pointless endeavor.
    "Did you say kenbo." Blizzar felt his skin rapidly prickle in sudden, cold sweat induced cosmic fear as Cthylla spoke mere inches from his ear. "...I shall accompany you then."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Blizzar, an old trick pings on your comm system. Several rapid beeps, then silence.

Kenbo signaling you, like in the old times.

Telling you to head towards the path with the anguish.
    "One last round, eh?

"Ah, nevermind...I believe I have a lock on Kenbo," the Lieutenant noted aloud for anyone that wished to follow. It appeared as if his intuition were correct. He looked towards the path of despair. For better or worse, time to finish what he started.

Durive climbed atop Blizzar's shoulders then, an odd look crossing the Chief's face as he held something shiny in his stick-like hands.

"Sir..." Blizzar sighed, apprehensive at what this latest visit from his superior would result in. "With all due respect, this is no time for antics."

Without a word, Durive tossed Blizzar the small shiny object. The Arcosian caught it, glancing with surprised as he recognized the badge. The badge of Ken Boshi. He turned to Durive who stood motionless on his shoulder. "Return this to him, eh?" he inquired to which the Chief merely nodded. "Heh...will do, sir."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Did you say kenbo." Blizzar felt his skin rapidly prickle in sudden, cold sweat induced cosmic fear as Cthylla spoke mere inches from his ear. "...I shall accompany you then."
    "E-er," Blizzar scratched the side of his face. Ah, the squid...thing. He hadn't seen her in a while. Though he supposed she wasn't simply bidden to stick around. "Of course. You are, eh, welcome to accompany me."

Durive glanced at Cthylla, a daring look in his eyes as his stomach(?!) began to growl. But, fortunately, he managed to control his appetite, as he hopped off Blizzar's shoulders and simply wandered off to wherever.

"l"Tch..." Sasheem grunted placing his hands in his pockets. "First off! You don't give me orders!" he snarled...and then grinned after a moment. "But since Sasheem is such a nice guy, he'll help you out. Y'know. Considering you already know you'll probably be dead without him," he sighed with a smug shrug.
    Ishtar started at Sasheem a moment, seeming to consider something -- perhaps how best to annihilate him -- before she offered what might have been taken to be a smile.

"Thank you, Majin."

"....Sorry.....had to be sure it works. Likely going to need this magic later." Etrina let out a sigh, but smiled non the less. "....and if I can refrain from calling you grandmother, you can avoid calling me a child once in awhile..."
    "My children, assuming you consider Erosa, and Ereshkigal to be such; do not have children of their own." Ishtar responded. "Grandmother would not be accurate. Old Woman, is perhaps more fitting, child."

Was that a joke ? Who knows as Ishtar said it without once breaking her impassive mask.

Etrina seemed to brighten a little at the request. "Of course, I'm here for you."
    "Good, I wi-" Ishtar went on to say, only to be thoroughly disturbed and forced into silence when her connection to Teshub, and Marduk ended.

Teshub nods his head.

‘Until then.’

The mental connection breaks, but not before Ishtar sees a third person in the room.

A Nuckelavee demon, one of the worst types ever to crawl from the demon realm. Even other demons look down on them for their barbarity. Powerful, devious, and dangerous. To Ishtar’s knowledge only three remain in all existence: One in HFIL, one in the secreted prison planet the Galaxy Police control, and the last one, Baric the Brute, a GP top five most dangerous, was supposed to be executed by the Arcosian Empire.

It seems not judging by his appearance here.
    "A Nuckalevee ? Here ?" Ishtar managed, after some moments.

"Oh no ..."

Unparalleled in its barbarism, it was perhaps one of the worst -- and easily one of the most pernicious -- Demonic Entities in the known Universe, and potentially further beyond. Only three existed, and of those two were kept so well confined so as to be non-existent for fear they might escape .. and the third ? None other than Baric perhaps the most brutal of the trio. Presumed dead, executed by the Arcosian Empire after a hellish war against it. Yet here he stood ... In league with Marduk.

That beast alone would perhaps, be too much for the three of them; and the look in her eyes when the others caught her gaze said as much.

The course was set however, and so Ishtar started off toward Marduk, Teshub, and Baric the Brute.

"Time to go."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley, you manage to make out a bit more:

An Arcosian/Namekian hybrid. That was what you saw walking with the Doctor.

And these mechanical First Race hound like defenses.
    A bit more for her trouble. First and most important, the creature Parsley saw with The Doctor was in fact another hybrid; an unholy mixture of Frost Demon and Namekian. She shuddered to think of the assortment of abilities and resistances it had at its disposal. Regeneration and being incredibly difficult -- needlessly so -- to kill.

The second bit of information was less important, but still quite important. The machines she saw appeared to be a defense force previously utilized by the First Race. Or perhaps created initially by them. Regardless, The Doctor had reshaped them for his purposes.

Peering into the past was a skill she was not completely comfortable with. Her head began to pulse with a sharp, irritating pain that seemed to resonate near her right temple. She closed her eyes again, letting her powers of observation wane and fade to the background.

"I've witnessed more," she stated, her voice back to its normal clipped tone. She held out her hands and formed two energy blasts. Instead of detonating them stupidly, she shaped and formed them into the visages of the Arcosian/Namekian hybrid and the First Race hound. "The creature walking with The Doctor is a Frost Demon/Namekian hybrid. Another perversion of nature. And the machines I saw are creations of the First Race. They seemed to be purposed for defense of this place."

She let the images linger for a time, then dissipated them safely. "As for your suggestion, Ochazuke, I'll be facing the Doctor. So--"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It caught her off guard in the moment, the whispering of the damned, all chanting her name.

Ishtar.

Yet the time for madness had come and gone some days ago, when her world and the view she had fashioned of it came crashing down when lies -- many, and intricate -- had the light of truth shown on them. So she grit her teeth, and followed the whispers; paying no mind to the whispered chants, Ishtar, Ishtar until she at last found what she had set out in search of: Marduk, the Cannibal.

And he was not alone.

Teshub.

Of more worry than the Oathbreaker however, was the weapon he carried. Bloodwrarh, the Demon Blade. An artifact she knew well given its reputation; to say nothing of its desire to consume the blood of any and all. And in seeing the three of them ... Ishtar's golden-eyes seemed to darken. 'Marduk. Teshub. I will see you shortly.'

Still connected with Marduk, and Teshub -- in order to pinpoint their location -- Ishtar turned towards the others (even Sasheem) and spoke quickly.

"Parsley, Sasheem, Etrina. With me." Ishtar said, adding yet another team (?) to the mix. "Marduk is here, and he is not alone. Another Oni, Teshub and a cursed weapon stand with him." She explained, quickly. "As confident as I am he could be handled alone ... I will need your help."
    "Tch..." Sasheem grunted placing his hands in his pockets. "First off! You don't give me orders!" he snarled...and then grinned after a moment. "But since Sasheem is such a nice guy, he'll help you out. Y'know. Considering you already know you'll probably be dead without him," he sighed with a smug shrug.
    Before Parsley could finish, Ishtar interrupted with a call for aid. Marduk and yet another Oni were present, and their resident Oni would need assistance in dealing with them. Had she been allowed the time to finish, she would have said that she intended on keeping her promise to The Doctor to kill him. Her reasons for wanting to carry that promise out had changed, but the intention remained.

She sighed and nodded. She had offered her help with Marduk, after all. "Very well."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Arcosian. "Of course he would, cheh," he spat. "He seems fond of allies who purport to be inexhaustible."

Of course, they had already encountered three of his children, and the results spoke for themselves: Glacia, Haru and Koolard were dead, and they were now at his doorstep.

"Of course, the Doctor's idea of perfection is questionable, wouldn't you say? Perhaps he would prefer to take stock of our rebuttal in person."
    With that resolved, she turned her focus to Ochazuke. "His vision of perfection is, I would imagine, everything that receives his fingerprint. To him, his view is unassailable." She recalled back to her mind the horrendous vision of the brand new hybrid she witnessed. "Everything in this place has a purpose. Even to die is to advance his goal one step further. Our path is cluttered with cannon fodder, only present to buy him time to complete his quest. Let's not tarry any longer."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With that, the course had been determined. As they prepared to cross into the chaotic stage the Doctor had prepared for them, Zaofan moved near Ochazuke to speak.

"Nothing to it but to do it, as they say," the Chef said, rubbing the back of his head slowly with a simper.

The Crane Apostate's expression by this time, had darkened particularly. Turning about face, he whispered something into Zaofan's ear, and the Martial Chef's smile flattened."...suppose we'll have to just work with what we got."

Ochazuke nodded in response. "See it done." He then turned his attention to the group, eyes shaded under his brow, deep pools with a sharp glare. "All of you."

Where he stood among them, he felt many a restless will brush against his sense-awareness. Their opening would rapidly close, so they would have to move precisely. To do that, they would need the will and focus to press forward.

They had endured many a trial to get to this stage. The unknowable qualities of the Doctor's machinations sowed doubt in all of their minds, and by this set to stoke a fear burning within. From his silent aura, a pulse washed over the group to grant them increased resolve, and with it greater control.

Kei'i-Ken*

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With that resolved, she turned her focus to Ochazuke. "His vision of perfection is, I would imagine, everything that receives his fingerprint. To him, his view is unassailable." She recalled back to her mind the horrendous vision of the brand new hybrid she witnessed. "Everything in this place has a purpose. Even to die is to advance his goal one step further. Our path is cluttered with cannon fodder, only present to buy him time to complete his quest. Let's not tarry any longer."
    "The Doctor thinks his actions are of some godly vision, as if to absolve himself of his all-too mortal desire behind. Let's show him the fate of universe is not for him to yoke any longer."

He would not wish his comrades luck, for that was an all-too flippant and shallow thing. By any means they had to bear, they would be the ones to decide their destiny.

*Kei'i-Ken: For all Player Characters that accept the boost in focus, the efficacy of the next series of actions has been increased.

Astonishing Member

Etrina let out a sigh, rubbed her fingers against her forehead and then chuckled, and for a moment only Ishtar could feel something happen. A small, inconsequential change....but one none the less.

"Trying to call dibs with a time mage....too bad, I'll always call it first." Etrina chuckled to herself. ".....Don't worry, I'll keep you two in mind when I sell it, top on the list too...." She gave Held a wink and Jinzi a pat on the back before moving on to the mission.
    The Nevadian had moved in such a hurry to put on his space suit, he scarcely realized what had transpired as he left the room.

He cursed mentally, before turning back to protest. Of course, he was already undressing, so he thought better of it. Things could be ironed out later.

Parsley and Sarada stepped inside the facility. From there, there was no going back. If anyone had any second thoughts or sudden cold feet, it was too late to see about them. From that point on, the only direction they could go in was forward.

Forward. To victory or to death.

The Saiyan Way.

Parsley glanced around, getting a feel for their surroundings. It wouldn't be long before the festivities started. Might as well make herself at home. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. When she opened them, her irises were enshrouded by a dark red glow. The uncanny powers of Observational Insight revealed to her all that transpired on the base within the last week, as far back as she could see with perfect clarity. If The Doctor was hiding anything in store for them and their fated clash, she would know it.
    The Nevadian emerged from the ship, a form fitting white bodysuit adorning his figure. He usually preferred looser clothing, but the space battle had caused a bit of paranoia in him, reminding him of old times, that seemed a lifetime ago. Fighting in space, on ships, or in an asteroid...Held was many things, but able to breathe in the depths of space if anything went wrong was not one of them. The suit would protect him against the vacuum of space if it came down to it, as would the helmet....

That he had commissioned, but in retrospect, would prefer not to wear during battle in view of his companions.

He swiped the spear from it's resting place in a practice motion, heading to join the others.

Ishtar started at Sasheem a moment, seeming to consider something -- perhaps how best to annihilate him -- before she offered what might have been taken to be a smile.

"Thank you, Majin."
    Ah, gratitude. It was nice to hear it for once. Sahseem, modestly (ha!) scratched the bridge of his nose. Perhaps a way of saying, "Your welcome!" Perhaps away of saying, "Heh. You're lost without me." It was difficult to tell.

...Alright, alright, it was the latter.

"Good, I wi-" Ishtar went on to say, only to be thoroughly disturbed and forced into silence when her connection to Teshub, and Marduk ended.

"Oh no ..."

Unparalleled in its barbarism, it was perhaps one of the worst -- and easily one of the most pernicious -- Demonic Entities in the known Universe, and potentially further beyond. Only three existed, and of those two were kept so well confined so as to be non-existent for fear they might escape .. and the third ? None other than Baric perhaps the most brutal of the trio. Presumed dead, executed by the Arcosian Empire after a hellish war against it. Yet here he stood ... In league with Marduk.

That beast alone would perhaps, be too much for the three of them; and the look in her eyes when the others caught her gaze said as much.

The course was set however, and so Ishtar started off toward Marduk, Teshub, and Baric the Brute.

"Time to go."
    "A...a Nucka-what?!" Sasheem questioned, raising a brow. Ishtar looked startled. What the hell got her so worked up? Either way she was starting to move on ahead and so he shrugged and followed.

"Oh no ..."

"Time to go."
    A third player in this sudden off-shoot had Ishtar more concerned than either Marduk or the other Oni. Parsley raised an eyebrow as the Oni departed hastily in pursuit of her quarries. She sighed and turned to Sarada. "Be careful."

Sarada nodded once. "I will."

They shared one last glance before Parsley turned and sprinted to catch up to Ishtar and Sasheem. "Bring me abreast of these... what was it you said? Nakka-something."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada watched her sister leave after her lover, along with that Majin. She wasn't sure what it was, but something had Ishtar worried. Overly so. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. I want to go fight with them, but they have enough help. Between the three of them, they'll be fine.

She nodded to herself again and turned to those who agreed to follow the leftmost path. "Alright, listen up! Whoever wants to go fight some bitch feeling sorry for themselves, follow me." With that and wasting no time to see who chimed in, she started heading toward the Despair.

The last thing we need are more surprises, she thought to herself. The Doctor is in another part of the ship, but I can't help but feel that the hardest fight is at the end of my tunnel. ...Heh. How exciting! They better not disappoint!
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-30-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A third player in this sudden off-shoot had Ishtar more concerned than either Marduk or the other Oni. Parsley raised an eyebrow as the Oni departed hastily in pursuit of her quarries. She sighed and turned to Sarada. "Be careful."

Sarada nodded once. "I will."

They shared one last glance before Parsley turned and sprinted to catch up to Ishtar and Sasheem. "Bring me abreast of these... what was it you said? Nakka-something."
    "Ah think we'd better get goin too." Dash suggested to Sarada, "An ah got your back."

Sarada watched her sister and lover leave with that Majin. She wasn't sure what it was, but something had Ishtar worried. Overly so. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. I want to go fight with them, but they have enough help. Between the three of them, they'll be fine.

She nodded to herself again and turned to those who agreed to follow the leftmost path. "Alright, listen up! Whoever wants to go fight some bitch feeling sorry for themselves, follow me." With that and wasting no time to see who chimed in, she started heading toward the Despair.

The last thing we need are more surprises, she thought to herself. The Doctor is in another part of the ship, but I can't help but feel that the hardest fight is at the end of my tunnel. ...Heh. How exciting! They better not disappoint!
    "Right." Dash followed close behind her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sarada watched her sister and lover leave with that Majin. She wasn't sure what it was, but something had Ishtar worried. Overly so. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. I want to go fight with them, but they have enough help. Between the three of them, they'll be fine.

Blizzar cracked his neck, and then subsequently, his knuckles, before following the Saiyan regent. The punching bag he'd taken with him had begun to teleport in front of him as he gave it a couple jabs.

OT: Kinetic Charge Active. PL increased + 1000

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    With that, the course had been determined. As they prepared to cross into the chaotic stage the Doctor had prepared for them, Zaofan moved near Ochazuke to speak.

"Nothing to it but to do it, as they say," the Chef said, rubbing the back of his head slowly with a simper.

The Crane Apostate's expression by this time, had darkened particularly. Turning about face, he whispered something into Zaofan's ear, and the Martial Chef's smile flattened."...suppose we'll have to just work with what we got."

Ochazuke nodded in response. "See it done." He then turned his attention to the group, eyes shaded under his brow, deep pools with a sharp glare. "All of you."

Where he stood among them, he felt many a restless will brush against his sense-awareness. Their opening would rapidly close, so they would have to move precisely. To do that, they would need the will and focus to press forward.

They had endured many a trial to get to this stage. The unknowable qualities of the Doctor's machinations sowed doubt in all of their minds, and by this set to stoke a fear burning within. From his silent aura, a pulse washed over the group to grant them increased resolve, and with it greater control.

Kei'i-Ken*

"The Doctor thinks his actions are of some godly vision, as if to absolve himself of his all-too mortal desire behind. Let's show him the fate of universe is not for him to yoke any longer."

He would not wish his comrades luck, for that was an all-too flippant and shallow thing. By any means they had to bear, they would be the ones to decide their destiny.

*Kei'i-Ken: For all Player Characters that accept the boost in focus, the efficacy of the next series of actions has been increased.
    "I guess the time for jokes is over, huh?" Held stated as he felt the blade of his mind sharpen itself against the whetstone of Ochazukes technique, "I was hoping I'd get a few more out before the hunt begins, but...."

The blood eclipse of the Shingan manifested in his eyes, brought to unparalleled heights by the even greater boost in focus. "I suppose this is probably as bad a situation as we've been in...since....."

He trailed off attempting to remember a time.

"Well, that doesn't matter." He continued at last, adjusting the weapon resting on his shoulder, "I guess the only thing let is to do what we always do...."

Besides, I wanted to see this Doctor with my own eyes. I don't know if it's some morbid curiosity, or the fact that it's still Jinzi in some form or another...Although I'm sure not even reason can reach him as he is now...

"I just hope he's ready to pay what he owes me as well."
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-30-2019 at 08:19 PM.