Page 118 of 294 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena raises her hand." I will do my best to mend their wounds." Althena said. Althena then says a prayer to the ones that are dead and gets ready to use her healing ability on the ones still alive.
    Sarada nodded and turned to everyone else. "I've opened the pods for the survivors. Take them out and place them on the floor so Althena can heal them."

After that, she returned to the computer and opened three more pods, the ones containing the three dead Saiyans. They likely weren't of her timeline, but they were still kin. When she returned to Vocado, she would give them a true warrior's burial, one they deserved but were robbed of in this indignant place. She placed their bodies on the floor a few feet away from the others, then captured them in a capsule.

She sighed heavily and returned to the computer to see if she could find anything else of import.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When the conversation shift to the matter of Oni and magical weapons, though the threat was relatively in kind and no less dire, Zaofan was somewhat relieved.

Then the thought, it just...popped in there.

Lutefisk on a hot summer's day.

His face contorted with an audible retch. Still, now that the matter was settled, Zaofan managed to keep it in.

"...got it. T-thanks for the tip, Parsley." Slowly the greenish pallor faded from his face, and a more serious expression fell on the chef's face. He point to his eyes, then folded his hand into a firm thumbs up. "Sounds like up close is going to be a challenge...so for my part I'll be playing the long game. If nothing else, I'll have you covered!"
    To say that Zaofan looked like he was about to lose his lunch and every other content in his stomach was an understatement. Understandable. The Oni's recounting of Baric was as graphic as it was frank. "I appreciate the support," she told him. Her eyes lingered on him for a touch longer until she was sure he was stable. She was about to say something when a thought occurred to her. A creature without skin likely had a horrifyingly rancid smell about him.

She glanced at Zaofan with this thought in mind. "You're not allowed to lose your nerve or lunch until the fight is over."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat follows Parsley's group.
    Parsley thought it odd that Praxat spent so much time preparing for The Doctor, only to then choose to face another opponent. She decided to say nothing and kept walking.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada nodded and turned to everyone else. "I've opened the pods for the survivors. Take them out and place them on the floor so Althena can heal them."

After that, she returned to the computer and opened three more pods, the ones containing the three dead Saiyans. They likely weren't of her timeline, but they were still kin. When she returned to Vocado, she would give them a true warrior's burial, one they deserved but were robbed of in this indignant place. She placed their bodies on the floor a few feet away from the others, then captured them in a capsule.

She sighed heavily and returned to the computer to see if she could find anything else of import.
    Doing as Sarada said, Dash helped the injured out of the pods, placing them where Althena could heal them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"You know, much as I hate to say it, you may be just the Saiyans need to find their place in the world," Blizzar joked, glancing briefly at Sarada from the corners of his eyes, having taken a position in the lab to watch for any signs of the enemy. "I don't know what my kin did to land themselves in this mess but they probably deserved it," he chuckled, almost wondering if some of them had volunteered in pursuit of goals similar to Incenio's or if they simply couldn't played their cards wrong. Either way no more time could be spared pondering these things.

Enemies were on their heels. It was only a matter of time before would be charging into the fray. The Arcosian gave his punching a three more jabs.

OT: Power level increased by 2,500

All-New Member

Silence, deafening silence, then all at once the sound of rushing water. Water flowing so fast it triggers the stasis pod’s life support system. A small shock to his left temple pulls him from the silence and the stillness of the medically induced coma. Time had paused, and now someone had pushed the play button, sending cortisol levels through the roof, but the pod quickly administers a shot of adrenaline as the pod door opens and drops the half-Saiyan half-human hybrid unceremoniously onto the floor of the Doctor’s lab. However, something is different this time, something is, wrong? No one is reaching to put him on a gurney, no one is immediately sedating him, or checking to see if his Saiyan genes have somehow caused the tail he’d lost as a baby to regrow.

He seizes his chance, and rips off the respirator, pulls the tubes from his arms, the needles from his veins. Blood washes down his arms with the remaining stasis fluid. He sputters and coughs it from his lungs before taking a deep, shaky breath. On his knees now, he looks around the sterile lab, his eyes resting on those foreign to himself. From what he could tell, there was a human, a couple of Saiyans (Their armor a dead giveaway), an Amphibian like lifeform, a Frost Demon, and a Voidling (Something he’d rarely seen). All seemed powerful enough, but why were they here?

Hops stood on shaky legs and offered a small grin, “You all don’t work for the Doctor do you?” He said with a small chuckle, “To whom to do I owe the pleasure of my hopefully permanent freedom?” He stretched and rolled his neck around, trying to rid his body of the stiffness that came from being in a stasis pod.
    Last edited by Twiliteknite06; 08-31-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Charco had lagged some ways behind the others, but he found it difficult to keep up with his body refusing to respond to himself anymore. Slick with sweat and gasping with exhaustion, the boy was practically hugging the wall at this point as he pitifully trudged down the halls with only a vague sense of where to go. His vision had long since left him, the only images reaching his conscious mind being blurry shapes and dim lights and smell and hearing were soon to follow in its steps. Only his sense of touch remained with clarity if only to the ensure he felt the entirety of the pain his body went through as it continued to slowly transform against his will. There was no telling how he must have looked or even he resembled a human anymore, but he had long since ceased to care.

There was no salvation for him, no deus ex machina to change his fate, nor was there any time remaining to weep or say farewell.

A rumbling from his chest was the best he could do to laugh as he languished in his misery, knowing he would be well rewarded in the knowledge of their ensured victory.

The only thing he could do as Ogatan Charco, the final act of his free will, was deliver evil unto the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    Silence, deafening silence, then all at once the sound of rushing water. Water flowing so fast it triggers the stasis pod’s life support system. A small shock to his left temple pulls him from the silence and the stillness of the medically induced coma. Time had paused, and now someone had pushed the play button, sending cortisol levels through the roof, but the pod quickly administers a shot of adrenaline as the pod door opens and drops the half-Saiyan half-human hybrid unceremoniously onto the floor of the Doctor’s lab. However, something is different this time, something is, wrong? No one is reaching to put him on a gurney, no one is immediately sedating him, or checking to see if his Saiyan genes have somehow caused the tail he’d lost as a baby to regrow.

He seizes his chance, and rips off the respirator, pulls the tubes from his arms, the needles from his veins. Blood washes down his arms with the remaining stasis fluid. He sputters and coughs it from his lungs before taking a deep, shaky breath. On his knees now, he looks around the sterile lab, his eyes resting on those foreign to himself. From what he could tell, there was a human, a couple of Saiyans (Their armor a dead giveaway), an Amphibian like lifeform, a Frost Demon, and a Voidling (Something he’d rarely seen). All seemed powerful enough, but why were they here?

Hops stood on shaky legs and offered a small grin, “You all don’t work for the Doctor do you?” He said with a small chuckle, “To whom to do I owe the pleasure of my hopefully permanent freedom?” He stretched and rolled his neck around, trying to rid his body of the stiffness that came from being in a stasis pod.
    The sudden commotion from one of the freed prisoners attracted Sarada's attention. It was the half-breed Saiyan. As predicted, he was still able to stand. With time, he'd be good to fight.

Odd looking fucker. His blue hair was nothing like what a Saiyan would have -- they had mostly black or brown hair, with the occasional red or blonde. Gray if they were old -- and he was without a tail. Perhaps an incident, like Parsley, or the Saiyan race from his timeline didn't have tails. A peculiar thought, but who knew what kind of nonsense one would stumble across in these alternate timelines.

He spoke, voice as shaky as his legs. "We're here to kill The Doctor. He's fucked around with time for long enough." She looked him up and down before stepped toward him. As she did, she placed the capsule containing the three dead Saiyans in a pouch on her glove. "I'm Queen Sarada, ruler of the Saiyan race of this timeline. Who are you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Erosa finds much the same as Ochazuke sensed, though she does see the larger mechs Ochazuke senses.

About twelve feet tall and bristling with weapons.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

All-New Member

The sudden commotion from one of the freed prisoners attracted Sarada's attention. It was the half-breed Saiyan. As predicted, he was still able to stand. With time, he'd be good to fight.

Odd looking fucker. His blue hair was nothing like what a Saiyan would have -- they had mostly black or brown hair, with the occasional red or blonde. Gray if they were old -- and he was without a tail. Perhaps an incident, like Parsley, or the Saiyan race from his timeline didn't have tails. A peculiar thought, but who knew what kind of nonsense one would stumble across in these alternate timelines.

He spoke, voice as shaky as his legs. "We're here to kill The Doctor. He's fucked around with time for long enough." She looked him up and down before stepped toward him. As she did, she placed the capsule containing the three dead Saiyans in a pouch on her glove. "I'm Queen Sarada, ruler of the Saiyan race of this timeline. Who are you?"

"Did she say "Queen of the Saiyans?" Hops questioned, trying to regain some semblance of thought as his vision sharpened, and his senses returned to normal. He gave a shallow bow to the Queen, "Pleasure to meet you, your highness, my name is Hops Barrel, Half-Saiyan trapped out of time, captured by the Doctor and more than wanting to help kill him!" He nodded proudly.

He hadn't had the chance to work with Saiyans much in his life, but to wake up and see not only two of them, but to learn one was their Queen was exciting. "Though, I'm going to need to find my stuff..." He looked around, distracted for a moment before letting out a sigh, "Nevermind that can wait," He then knelt before the Queen. One thing he'd been taught during his time at the Time Patrol Academy was to always be diplomatic. She was Queen, and he'd defer to her as the highest-ranking being among them. One thing he promised to uphold was to maintain respect for the natural order of the timeline he was in.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Erosa finds much the same as Ochazuke sensed, though she does see the larger mechs Ochazuke senses.

"Ocha..." Ochazuke would hear Erosa voice in his head. "...big scary robot, lot of weapons."

Erosa moved closer, still under the cover of her hunter/killer ability, while keeping to the shadows in the event that wasn't enough.

If anything, the best course of action would be to get the group through without any confrontations that might alert the doctor. Firstly, she took count of the exits from the room, excluding the one she came in from....as well as the patrol routes of the doctors mecha. Finally she gave the largest of the war machines as detailed an examination as she could from that range, looking for a weak point or attack point should it come down to a quick strike from her claws.

"Wait moment....ero....stalking."
    Last edited by MrSandman; 08-31-2019 at 07:14 PM.

"Did she say "Queen of the Saiyans?" Hops questioned, trying to regain some semblance of thought as his vision sharpened, and his senses returned to normal. He gave a shallow bow to the Queen, "Pleasure to meet you, your highness, my name is Hops Barrel, Half-Saiyan trapped out of time, captured by the Doctor and more than wanting to help kill him!" He nodded proudly.

He hadn't had the chance to work with Saiyans much in his life, but to wake up and see not only two of them, but to learn one was their Queen was exciting. "Though, I'm going to need to find my stuff..." He looked around, distracted for a moment before letting out a sigh, "Nevermind that can wait," He then knelt before the Queen. One thing he'd been taught during his time at the Time Patrol Academy was to always be diplomatic. She was Queen, and he'd defer to her as the highest-ranking being among them. One thing he promised to uphold was to maintain respect for the natural order of the timeline he was in.
    Dash stayed with the other two injured as Althena worked on healing them, but she did take the time to look closely at Hops' uniform. "TP, hmmm" she thought to herself, "You ain't some kind o' police officer, are you?"

This one knew respect. Sarada wasn't one who demanded to be shown respect immediately -- she much rather earn it than it be given right away -- but it was still good to be shown this level of obeisance from a stranger. Especially a Saiyan, considering how hard she had to work to get their respect in the first place. "Well met, Hops." He was a half-Saiyan, so she didn't bother turning her nose up at his name. Given his features, he was half human, as well. They had some odd names.

"Knew you were up for a fight." She gestured to Althena. "Althena, make sure Hops is healed and ready to go. As soon as we're done here, we're joining Ochazuke and the others against the Doctor."

She turned her attention back to Hops. "Was he trying to merge you and others into some kind of hybrid monster? We know he made a Namekian/Arcosian hybrid, but are there any others that you know of?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You know, much as I hate to say it, you may be just the Saiyans need to find their place in the world," Blizzar joked, glancing briefly at Sarada from the corners of his eyes, having taken a position in the lab to watch for any signs of the enemy. "I don't know what my kin did to land themselves in this mess but they probably deserved it," he chuckled, almost wondering if some of them had volunteered in pursuit of goals similar to Incenio's or if they simply couldn't played their cards wrong. Either way no more time could be spared pondering these things.

Enemies were on their heels. It was only a matter of time before would be charging into the fray. The Arcosian gave his punching a three more jabs.

OT: Power level increased by 2,500
    She couldn't argue with him there. Those foul bastards almost assuredly had it coming. She would never feel sorry for a dead Frost Demon. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, Blizzar," she said with sincerity.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

*snip*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ocha..." Ochazuke would hear Erosa voice in his head. "...big scary robot, lot of weapons."

Erosa moved closer, still under the cover of her hunter/killer ability, while keeping to the shadows in the event that wasn't enough.

If anything, the best course of action would be to get the group through without any confrontations that might alert the doctor. Firstly, she took count of the exits from the room, excluding the one she came in from....as well as the patrol routes of the doctors mecha. Finally she gave the largest of the war machines as detailed an examination as she could from that range, looking for a weak point or attack point should it come down to a quick strike from her claws.

"Wait moment....ero....stalking."
    Erosa's surveillance only corroborated the gauntlet that lay before them. The 37 bestial contraptions of the previous heads of this establishment prowled around ever corner, but if the two towering mechanical men Erosa had spotted were indeed the largest share of the mechanical energy signatures in the immediate area, they at least had a target to prioritize.

Locked in on each signature, feeling every movement upon his Meditational Field, Ochazuke had to focus particularly as the will of the Dark Sphere about his neck silently screamed for vindication.

"A score of foes on the otherside there. Machines. Two in particular stand as sentries," he said as he relaid these new findings to the others. "I can confirm the Doctor is close by, we'll have to get through them first, but Erosa, it seems she's found something."

The unique nature of the Hunter/Prey conveyance made it particularly difficult to trace the Id, even when he used the acquired skill of his subtle sense. Yet as voracious and impulsive as Erosa had proven herself to be, she was, above all other things, loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

Charco had lagged some ways behind the others, but he found it difficult to keep up with his body refusing to respond to himself anymore. Slick with sweat and gasping with exhaustion, the boy was practically hugging the wall at this point as he pitifully trudged down the halls with only a vague sense of where to go. His vision had long since left him, the only images reaching his conscious mind being blurry shapes and dim lights and smell and hearing were soon to follow in its steps. Only his sense of touch remained with clarity if only to the ensure he felt the entirety of the pain his body went through as it continued to slowly transform against his will. There was no telling how he must have looked or even he resembled a human anymore, but he had long since ceased to care.

There was no salvation for him, no deus ex machina to change his fate, nor was there any time remaining to weep or say farewell.

A rumbling from his chest was the best he could do to laugh as he languished in his misery, knowing he would be well rewarded in the knowledge of their ensured victory.

The only thing he could do as Ogatan Charco, the final act of his free will, was deliver evil unto the Doctor.
    The slumping footsteps that traced the hallway behind them might have been frightful, but Ochazuke recognized the aura for what it was. It had become harrowingly familiar across the last day and a half. A diffuse aura, ashen and grey, like smoke from a choking fire.

Charco's presence yet lingered, but the change had begun. It was far more ingrained than the last time in the fields of Pyke's Namek. Reluctantly, he turned around to behold the boy and see for himself the extent of the encroaching damage.

"A moment longer," he had little more to say. When the dream of Koryuu-Ryu had fallen under its manifest history, that day he'd reached to pull Charco out of it. And now...there was little recourse, but for the moment. "Stand strong. Focus, like you always have, and we will see this through."

All-New Member

This one knew respect. Sarada wasn't one who demanded to be shown respect immediately -- she much rather earn it than it be given right away -- but it was still good to be shown this level of obeisance from a stranger. Especially a Saiyan, considering how hard she had to work to get their respect in the first place. "Well met, Hops." He was a half-Saiyan, so she didn't bother turning her nose up at his name. Given his features, he was half human, as well. They had some odd names.

"Knew you were up for a fight." She gestured to Althena. "Althena, make sure Hops is healed and ready to go. As soon as we're done here, we're joining Ochazuke and the others against the Doctor."

She turned her attention back to Hops. "Was he trying to merge you and others into some kind of hybrid monster? We know he made a Namekian/Arcosian hybrid, but are there any others that you know of?"

"Yes, ma'am, I'm ready to assist in any way I can! Unfortunately, I can't tell what it was that the Doctor was trying to do. I'd only be semi-conscious every time I was removed from the pod. They'd quickly keep drugging me. For the few lucid moments, I'd have between tests and experiments I felt drained like he was trying to steal my Ki or harness the potential of my Saiyan blood."

She turned to answer the Frost Demon and Hops decided it would be a good opportunity to visit with Althena, as he approached he could see the human girl studying his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash stayed with the other two injured as Althena worked on healing them, but she did take the time to look closely at Hops' uniform. "TP, hmmm" she thought to herself, "You ain't some kind o' police officer, are you?"
    "Police, no," Hops said with a chuckle, "Time Patrol, though I guess I'm sort of like a police officer? I travel through time looking for and stopping anomalies from getting time off track. I was actually on such a mission before I was captured, though for the life of me I can't remember what it was or how long ago I even set out..." He shook his head, "anyway! I don't think I'll need to much to be back to normal if you can spare the time to help me dress this wounds," He gestured to the holes in his arms from the tubes that had poured various toxins and fluids into him, and drew his blood three times a day.

"Yes, ma'am, I'm ready to assist in any way I can! Unfortunately, I can't tell what it was that the Doctor was trying to do. I'd only be semi-conscious every time I was removed from the pod. They'd quickly keep drugging me. For the few lucid moments, I'd have between tests and experiments I felt drained like he was trying to steal my Ki or harness the potential of my Saiyan blood."

She turned to answer the Frost Demon and Hops decided it would be a good opportunity to visit with Althena, as he approached he could see the human girl studying his armor.

"Police, no," Hops said with a chuckle, "Time Patrol, though I guess I'm sort of like a police officer? I travel through time looking for and stopping anomalies from getting time off track. I was actually on such a mission before I was captured, though for the life of me I can't remember what it was or how long ago I even set out..." He shook his head, "anyway! I don't think I'll need to much to be back to normal if you can spare the time to help me dress this wounds," He gestured to the holes in his arms from the tubes that had poured various toxins and fluids into him, and drew his blood three times a day.
    "Time Patrol?" Dash was impressed by this. At his request for medical assistance, she turned ot Althena, who was busy with the other two. So, instead, she pulled out a capsule from a hidden pocket in her armor, then opened it. the only thing within was a basic First Aid kit. Opening it up, she pulled out bandages, gauze, and tape. Standing back up, she went over and with a blur of incredibly fast movements managed to bind his wounds. "There now, that should hold you long enough for Althena to get around to healin you proper. Oh, and, by the way, the name's Dash. At least that's what everyon calls me."