Page 120 of 294 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The trek down the passageway -- as long and dark as it was -- gave Ishtar time to brood, and fume ... consider all those things she'd locked away just before departing as if it might serve to shield her for what was to come. Not simply another fight this. Not an impromptu scramble for survival, no. Marduk. Teshub. Baric. This was a reckoning, plain and simple.

What concerned her yet however, given her most recent revelations however ... was who this reckoning was for.

And when she finally reached the end of the hallway -- the end of the line, perhaps ? -- she might have kept on walking were it not for the voice that called out. 'Ishtar'. Her response was immediate, "Marduk." though when she raised her gaze to meet him she realized she had made a mistake. Teshub, and Baric were missing ... yet the Cannibal was not alone.

"Not three ... That arm of yours ..."

The Oni chuckled. "I think I will take that one, too."

Though as much as she wished to simply dash in and snap Marduk's neck ... she knew well what would happen, given he had the advantage of preparation and hidden allies. So instead, and with a crack of her neck, the Oni flexed her cryomantic arm and a split second later her allies along with herself were shrouded in a chilling mist. 'I have hidden our power levels, do what must be done before we begin ... and see if you can find Baric.'

And she, for her own part, did just that. Bringing to mind what she remembered of his 'scent' to locate the Nuckalevee.
    As Ishtar's concealing mist spread, Zaofan quickly cast his eyes around their environment. It had been a long trek down a dark and winding hallway, certainly, and Oni were in his experience if nothing else were quite straightlaced - to the benefit or detriment of whatever stood in their way, besides.

Instinctively he wheeled about, the fog of an activated capsule burst to reveal his trusty Katchin staff, Bojack. Seizing his prized weapon with a flourish, the chef bacflipped into the cold screen and landed near Etrina.

"She said she had detected three, didn't she?" He asked the Mage. Of these matters, he hadn't been the most well-informed, and though he was prepared to fight same as the rest, he'd have to defer to their expertise. "Why is there only one?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    "I'm sorry you all suffered because of me, or at least because of the experiments performed on me. I've only ever gone Super Saiyan once and was never able to rediscover my trigger...so for one of those abominations to do it," he clenched his fist tightly. Enough had happened while he'd been trapped, and he was ready to take his revenge. "No more, the Doctor will pay for his crimes!"
    So, he was a Super Saiyan, but was in the same boat as herself, Parsley, and Totoma. That being able to transform, but couldn't do it at will just yet. Given his power, he wasn't as strong as they were, but a Super Saiyan was a Super Saiyan. "Another Super Saiyan," she uttered with a smirk. "That's four in our group now. I wouldn't worry about not knowing your trigger. The fight of our lives is dead ahead; you'll transform for sure."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" I can cure your body of toxins if there are still any in your body. However first I must suck some of the toxins out so that my body can convert them into antitoxins," Althena said. Althena then goes into to Efficiency Mode. Growing slightly in height and slightly increasing her bone and muscle mass.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The trek down the passageway -- as long and dark as it was -- gave Ishtar time to brood, and fume ... consider all those things she'd locked away just before departing as if it might serve to shield her for what was to come. Not simply another fight this. Not an impromptu scramble for survival, no. Marduk. Teshub. Baric. This was a reckoning, plain and simple.

What concerned her yet however, given her most recent revelations however ... was who this reckoning was for.

And when she finally reached the end of the hallway -- the end of the line, perhaps ? -- she might have kept on walking were it not for the voice that called out. 'Ishtar'. Her response was immediate, "Marduk." though when she raised her gaze to meet him she realized she had made a mistake. Teshub, and Baric were missing ... yet the Cannibal was not alone.

"Not three ... That arm of yours ..."

The Oni chuckled. "I think I will take that one, too."

Though as much as she wished to simply dash in and snap Marduk's neck ... she knew well what would happen, given he had the advantage of preparation and hidden allies. So instead, and with a crack of her neck, the Oni flexed her cryomantic arm and a split second later her allies along with herself were shrouded in a chilling mist. 'I have hidden our power levels, do what must be done before we begin ... and see if you can find Baric.'

And she, for her own part, did just that. Bringing to mind what she remembered of his 'scent' to locate the Nuckalevee.
    Etrina wasted no time in her preparations, as a mage of her caliber had many.

First, she quickly gathered her magic in a form she could quickly manipulate and add into whatever spell she needed and shunted it parallel to herself, but outside the current stream of time. It would be ready to be pulled back in at any time as a added boost to whatever she was casting....a spell in the temporal oven so to speak.

Totally not rubbed off from Zaofan.

Once that was done she quickly conjured a weapon, a sword made of pure ice, and whispered mentally to the two foci flanking her. "Spread out, find that Baric monster.....or the other oni."

"Gotcha! I'll search hi and low!" The red one responded.
    "You....ZZZzzzzzz.....got it" The green on responded.

The two shot up into the air, scanning the area with their sense for magic as well as their vision to see if they could spot something remotely related to the targets.

Finally, Etrina herself reached out with her vitalmancy to try and detect any presence of life that wasn't there own.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Ishtar's concealing mist spread, Zaofan quickly cast his eyes around their environment. It had been a long trek down a dark and winding hallway, certainly, and Oni were in his experience if nothing else were quite straightlaced - to the benefit or detriment of whatever stood in their way, besides.

Instinctively he wheeled about, the fog of an activated capsule burst to reveal his trusty Katchin staff, Bojack. Seizing his prized weapon with a flourish, the chef bacflipped into the cold screen and landed near Etrina.

"She said she had detected three, didn't she?" He asked the Mage. Of these matters, he hadn't been the most well-informed, and though he was prepared to fight same as the rest, he'd have to defer to their expertise. "Why is there only one?"
    "If I had to guess....I'd say the other two are hiding until the get the chance to attack. Meaning we need to find them first." Etrina nodded, then glanced over to Zaofan. "Divide and conquer. Keep the other two off Ishtar and separated from each other and we might have a chance.....I think."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I can cure your body of toxins if there are still any in your body. However first I must suck some of the toxins out so that my body can convert them into antitoxins," Althena said. Althena then goes into to Efficiency Mode. Growing slightly in height and slightly increasing her bone and muscle mass.
    "Can'tca hurry up? We gotta get goin soon, ah have a bad feelin that stayin here too long isn't good for any of our healths." Dash, sounding a bit worried, then glancing around as if trying to zero in on something in the distance.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, he was a Super Saiyan, but was in the same boat as herself, Parsley, and Totoma. That being able to transform, but couldn't do it at will just yet. Given his power, he wasn't as strong as they were, but a Super Saiyan was a Super Saiyan. "Another Super Saiyan," she uttered with a smirk. "That's four in our group now. I wouldn't worry about not knowing your trigger. The fight of our lives is dead ahead; you'll transform for sure."
    “Lets hope that we all walk away stronger and ready to transform at will!”

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Can'tca hurry up? We gotta get goin soon, ah have a bad feelin that stayin here too long isn't good for any of our healths." Dash, sounding a bit worried, then glancing around as if trying to zero in on something in the distance.

“Thanks for the offer but, I can already feel the toxins burning off! You know what they say about us Saiyans, what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger!”

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "If I had to guess....I'd say the other two are hiding until the get the chance to attack. Meaning we need to find them first." Etrina nodded, then glanced over to Zaofan. "Divide and conquer. Keep the other two off Ishtar and separated from each other and we might have a chance.....I think."
    ...well that's not good. "Divide and conquer, got it," he repeated. As he spoke white fog left him to join the misty shroud, the icy pin-prick crawling on his exposed face.

Drawing the his staff behind him with his far hand, Zaofan raised the other, thumb and forefinger aligned at a right angle with a squint.

"How long do you need to prepare?," he asked, as he swiftly dart his head around the rapidly concealing hallway, taking in the environs.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Despair:

A tapping can be heard, and looking around, the cybernetic swordsman, Kenbo, stands within the lab. Hand in sword, he nods to Blizzar and the group.

Beside him is the Arcosian/Namekian hybrid.

“I see you received my call. Good.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-01-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Doctor:

The large mech drops, guns down, but the second swiftly turns towards Erosa, guns starting to blast in her direction.

Deeper down the hallway growls are heard as seven mechanical hounds start approaching from stealth.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Doctor:

The large mech drops, guns down, but the second swiftly turns towards Erosa, guns starting to blast in her direction.

Deeper down the hallway growls are heard as seven mechanical hounds start approaching from stealth.
    OOC: I think the timing for this intervention works a little better as a response to this latest development.

IC:

With the sounds of a commotion heralded by a metallic shriek, Ochazuke knew that the hidden killer within their mechanized midst had sprung her move. Now was the precise moment to strike.

Training his sense on each of the targets where they tread upon his meditation field, Ochazuke applied Saifa Kensaku through the battlefield, Leaping out like cords of serpentine lightning, the remote energy snares lashed themselves to the Doctor's robots in a bid to disrupt their energies and seize their movements.

"Let's go."

Marduk:

Marduk chuckles as Teshub materializes from behind the group, effectively trapping them between the two.

As to Sasheem........

As soon as Sasheem sinks into the ground, a dark presence grabs him from within the floor and rips him downward, into a room below the rest.

Baric smiles, grinning down at him. The horse head snorts and a cloud of rot descends upon Sasheem and starts eating away at him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: I think the timing for this intervention works a little better as a response to this latest development.

IC:

With the sounds of a commotion heralded by a metallic shriek, Ochazuke knew that the hidden killer within their mechanized midst had sprung her move. Now was the precise moment to strike.

Training his sense on each of the targets where they tread upon his meditation field, Ochazuke applied Saifa Kensaku through the battlefield, Leaping out like cords of serpentine lightning, the remote energy snares lashed themselves to the Doctor's robots in a bid to disrupt their energies and seize their movements.

"Let's go."
    OT: The hounds? Or the mechs too?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: The hounds? Or the mechs too?
    OOC: Both, if possible.

OOC: Cleric, I assume recurved is a typo and you mean received?

Now, who is he talking to?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.