Page 14 of 294 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Their footsteps echoed through the silence as if they were made at the bottom of an endless cave. The only sounds in the immediate area were their footfalls, their breathing, and the deafening rustle of their clothing. Other than that, nothing. It was maddening, and Parsley had only been there for a few minutes at best. To have spent years in this hell, with nothing but himself and the memories of his greatest failure and worst loss, it was easier to understand The Doctor's mindset, and his supposed idiocy.

It wasn't idiocy. It was madness. He had been driven insane by this place. While sympathy was still something she was bereft of in his case, her thirst to end his life as a means of justice was waning. In its stead was the feeling that killing him was a mercy. He had lost everything; and while his attempts to gain it back were condemned from the start, it was only then that she realized what he had suffered.

"It seems we were wrong about him," she intoned. Despite it only being them, her voice lowered to near a whisper. A byproduct of being in complete silence. "What I originally thought was idiocy is actually insanity. This place is Hell. That will drive anyone free of their wits." It spoke to his genius that he was even able to act still, and do all things he had accomplished thus far.

Her keen sense of observation picked up several buildings all around, and one in the direction of the time pool. That would be the site of their investigation. She had a feeling it was Capsule Corp, but only time would tell for sure.
    Wilhelm nods.

“Hell. Yes, this is...hell. To Jinzi, able to...do anything, solve...any problem....a reminder of a failure..so absolute like this...would break him. I do not...think he even knows....who he used to be. Merely...a single task....to draw his attention. To focus...his madness upon. Fixing his mistake.”

Slowly the illumination around them reveals a building in the distance. It was cracked and pitted, most of it gone. No color other than greyed white.

It wasn’t Capsule Corp, it was too small. In fact it was the only thing around, but the faint CC logo was visible. Clearly one of the portable homes Capsule Corp sells.

The nexus is inside.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm nods.

“Hell. Yes, this is...hell. To Jinzi, able to...do anything, solve...any problem....a reminder of a failure..so absolute like this...would break him. I do not...think he even knows....who he used to be. Merely...a single task....to draw his attention. To focus...his madness upon. Fixing his mistake.”

Slowly the illumination around them reveals a building in the distance. It was cracked and pitted, most of it gone. No color other than greyed white.

It wasn’t Capsule Corp, it was too small. In fact it was the only thing around, but the faint CC logo was visible. Clearly one of the portable homes Capsule Corp sells.

The nexus is inside.
    The description of The Doctor's narrowed focus reminded Parsley of her own time in Purgatory. With the prospect of an unknown period of time with nothing but her thoughts and the impending ruminations of her past life, she threw herself into magical training -- something she had previously stated with unwavering resoluteness that she had no use for. It was all she could do to keep herself from falling into a well of self-loathing -- which she ended up doing anyway.

Not to say that her circumstances then compared to The Doctor's, but it was the only comparison she could make to accurately put herself in his shoes.

"The grief you feel is always worse than the circumstances that created it," she stated.

The nexus indicated that their quarry was inside the building up ahead. She was wrong; it wasn't Capsule Corp, but rather some sort of small home. She wasn't aware that CC sold portable homes, but it didn't surprise her.

Even though they were alone on this dead world, it paid to be cautious. As Parsley moved to enter the home, her hyperactive observation scanned the house and the interior to make sure there was nothing lurking in the darkness.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Their footsteps echoed through the silence as if they were made at the bottom of an endless cave. The only sounds in the immediate area were their footfalls, their breathing, and the deafening rustle of their clothing. Other than that, nothing. It was maddening, and Parsley had only been there for a few minutes at best. To have spent years in this hell, with nothing but himself and the memories of his greatest failure and worst loss, it was easier to understand The Doctor's mindset, and his supposed idiocy.

It wasn't idiocy. It was madness. He had been driven insane by this place. While sympathy was still something she was bereft of in his case, her thirst to end his life as a means of justice was waning. In its stead was the feeling that killing him was a mercy. He had lost everything; and while his attempts to gain it back were condemned from the start, it was only then that she realized what he had suffered.

"It seems we were wrong about him," she intoned. Despite it only being them, her voice lowered to near a whisper. A byproduct of being in complete silence. "What I originally thought was idiocy is actually insanity. This place is Hell. That will drive anyone free of their wits." It spoke to his genius that he was even able to act still, and do all things he had accomplished thus far.

Her keen sense of observation picked up several buildings all around, and one in the direction of the time pool. That would be the site of their investigation. She had a feeling it was Capsule Corp, but only time would tell for sure.
    It started low, an over-long drag on a breath. "Hm."Measured gasps soon lose their rhythm, carrying and shifting into each step forward. "Hmm-hmm...heh heh heh..."

A twisted chuckle broke the expanse of hellish silence, and Ochazuke's mocking, basso laughter carried itself across the wasteland.

“Yes. Jinzi....is manic. Genius. Crazy, but...in a good way.” Wilhelm smiles a bit at that. It dies down as they keep walking, the Flash Cutter illuminating more of the darkened ground.

“Terra.....made me.....near mad. Almost...enough to...do something...terrible. Without Karis, without...duty and faith....I dislike thinking about what I might have done. The Doctor.....if he stayed here for years, then he is mad. Not just mad.....”

He looks at Ochazuke.

“He thinks himself......dead, already, Ochazuke. I can...feel it. This place...drove him...insane. He doesn’t...think like Jinzi anymore. He thinks like a man with no restraint. No faith....but to himself. No duty...but what he deems necessary for...his task.”

He shakes his head.

“I do not.....think any reasoning, pleading, or......negotiation will work...with him.”
    "And he dares us to test his resolve."

His laughter ceased as soon as it had began, and in the absence of mirthful airs a heady disgust remained.

"Unlike you, he was compelled to stay in the past." The plodding monotony of the inky black was broken by a small, illuminate path before them. "With no regard for anything that lay ahead."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It started low, an over-long drag on a breath. "Hm."Measured gasps soon lose their rhythm, carrying and shifting into each step forward. "Hmm-hmm...heh heh heh..."

A twisted chuckle broke the expanse of hellish silence, and Ochazuke's mocking, basso laughter carried itself across the wasteland.

"And he dares us to test his resolve."

His laughter ceased as soon as it had began, and in the absence of mirthful airs a heady disgust remained.

"Unlike you, he was compelled to stay in the past." The plodding monotony of the inky black was broken by a small, illuminate path before them. "With no regard for anything that lay ahead."
    “Madness...Indeed. He doesn’t....even know he...cannot win.”

Wilhelm looks over the building, pulling out a skeleton key and using it on the door. It swings open, his lights moving in to illuminate the interior.

The front room was littered with mathematical and theoretical scientific scrawling all over the walls, ceiling, and floor.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm nods.

The nexus is inside.
    The Flash Cutter he cast before them earlier came to a stop above the homestead, the light of the energy falling over a uniform dome. Even diminished as it was, the familiar dome shape was as uniform as any on their world. Whether in the refurbishment projects of Capital City, to the wilds on the very brink of civilization, it was alike in structure to its father that stood atop the Geofront.

A Capsule house...

Shedding light upon the outside, Ochazuke created a second impromptu lamp with a second Flash Cutter, and sent it adrift within the house. Then, moving in tandem with Parsley, as she moved to investigate the inside, he surveyed the outside of the manufactured domicile.

Taking a knee on the deadened earth, he flattened his palm against the ground, and in the dead space sought a whisper from the Earth as it still turned, reaching, perhaps, for something that was not there; a wake, a resonance, where this had all began. Muhen Seikai Keihatsu.

To those who can sense outwards, sense structure, they do sense distant man made shapes and one in the direction they are moving.

Wilhelm's lights as their only real illumination, he speaks in the empty air to keep their focus off the stillness.

“The silence...gets to you first. Eventually your ears...become sensitive to sound. Anything, even...cloth scraping across a surface...sounds decibels louder. Your normal breathing....like ragged panting. This place is worse. Something...in the atmosphere here. Dimming the light. According...to my sensor, it should be....daylight out.”

He shakes his head.

“Zurvan.....he said this world....was dead. Terra was dead, but not like this. This is......a tomb. A mausoleum. And if the Doctor.......stayed here long, then he is not just evil. He’s truly...mad.”
    Sasheem floated alongside the group, upside down and sighing wistfully. His hands reached behind his head for a makeshift pillow as he hovered along the picaresque environment, completely relaxed. He was half asleep-almost, using only his ki sense to follow the others.

“Yes. Jinzi....is manic. Genius. Crazy, but...in a good way.” Wilhelm smiles a bit at that. It dies down as they keep walking, the Flash Cutter illuminating more of the darkened ground.

“Terra.....made me.....near mad. Almost...enough to...do something...terrible. Without Karis, without...duty and faith....I dislike thinking about what I might have done. The Doctor.....if he stayed here for years, then he is mad. Not just mad.....”

He looks at Ochazuke.

“He thinks himself......dead, already, Ochazuke. I can...feel it. This place...drove him...insane. He doesn’t...think like Jinzi anymore. He thinks like a man with no restraint. No faith....but to himself. No duty...but what he deems necessary for...his task.”

He shakes his head.

“I do not.....think any reasoning, pleading, or......negotiation will work...with him.”
    "The Doctor's a bitch," Sasheem concluded after listening to what Wilhelm surmised, The Majin yawned. "This place is great! Perfect place to catch some z's."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I could tell something was wrong, but I didn't know what to do." She placed her hand gently on top of his, "Chroma be damned, I'm not going to leave you. You're very important to me, Charco." She then took her hand away and looked at him directly, "Can you tell me what's going on? If I knew more, maybe I can somehow help you."
    Charco remained quiet for some time, trying to find the right words, the right emotions, anything that could properly define the shambles that his thoughts were at the moment. What resulted from all that contemplation was a long sigh from him before he rose to his feet.

"I thought I told you once..." He began, his voice quiet and filled with defeat. It made sense now why Cyanna seemed clueless of his struggle, her lack of a reaction to his mental breakdown following the fight with Luop, all of it. She didn't know, or perhaps hadn't believed him when he had told her long before this day.

Quickly he turned, his hand striking the nearby wall, spraying debris like blood from a wound. The action had been fluid and casual as if it had been his intention, but the horrified look on his face said otherwise. The destructive limb was coated in thick reptilian scales and ended in talons. Seizing the hostile limb by the wrist, he held it against his chest as it wildly twitched, contorted bulged in a matter reminiscent of a seizure throughout the body. In time, he would regain control as indicated by human flesh returning to the limb.

"He's just beneath the surface now," Charco said, more of a confirmation to himself than to Cyanna in general. True to his word, Rex was no longer asking for control, he was seeking out any excuse to make a hostile takeover. Even now he felt the spirit pressing against his mental barriers, waiting for that brief moment that the boy would drop his focus.

"I think I'm fighting a losing battle..." He finally said to Cyanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco remained quiet for some time, trying to find the right words, the right emotions, anything that could properly define the shambles that his thoughts were at the moment. What resulted from all that contemplation was a long sigh from him before he rose to his feet.

"I thought I told you once..." He began, his voice quiet and filled with defeat. It made sense now why Cyanna seemed clueless of his struggle, her lack of a reaction to his mental breakdown following the fight with Luop, all of it. She didn't know, or perhaps hadn't believed him when he had told her long before this day.

Quickly he turned, his hand striking the nearby wall, spraying debris like blood from a wound. The action had been fluid and casual as if it had been his intention, but the horrified look on his face said otherwise. The destructive limb was coated in thick reptilian scales and ended in talons. Seizing the hostile limb by the wrist, he held it against his chest as it wildly twitched, contorted bulged in a matter reminiscent of a seizure throughout the body. In time, he would regain control as indicated by human flesh returning to the limb.

"He's just beneath the surface now," Charco said, more of a confirmation to himself than to Cyanna in general. True to his word, Rex was no longer asking for control, he was seeking out any excuse to make a hostile takeover. Even now he felt the spirit pressing against his mental barriers, waiting for that brief moment that the boy would drop his focus.

"Oh..."It was as if a dim light suddenly grew brighter, a memory gnawing at her suddenly pushed it's way forward to the surface.

It was Cyanna... after she had seen him sob like a child. For a moment as he "Ah" and "Um"d , he kept his eyes to the ground, hoping to find a hole big enough to crawl into. Eventually, it didn't matter anymore, he decided, as a long sigh escaped his lips like the air escaping an old tire.

"I don't know where to begin." He asked, practically mopey at this point, "I got some dino ghost demon after me. At first, I could ignore him, but now I'm not sure if I can get through a fight without wondering if I need his power. I mean, someone threw a mountain at me... well, maybe not me, but I got caught up in it. That's a pretty reasonable moment to let someone help you, right? I dunno... then there's the fact I don't know what's going on with the others and it just seems like I'm just a nuisance to everyone nowadays..."

He hadn't really meant to let loose all that verbal diarrhea, but it didn't matter now. Charco was already at the bottom of the barrel with things how they were right now.

"Now I have to go talk to my sensei-- no... I have to talk to my grandmother, although I don't know if I'll get anywhere there, aside from more trouble.
    With a soft smile, Cyanna put her arms around him and gave him a hug, "Thank the Goddess you're still alive and you're still you." she then loosened her hug slightly to look him in the face, "You're one of the strongest guys I've ever met, and not just physically either." She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek, "Still, If you need backup, I'm here for you. Maybe that Demon can't be all bad if he helped you out, but if he acts up we'll chop him into Ghost Demon Dino Steaks and feed him to, whatever eats that kind of thing. What does eat ghosts?"
    She suddenly grew determined, "I once told you that you are one of the strongest persons ever, and I mean it." She stood up as she spoke. "We've fought monsters and demons and everything in between, you are not going to lose this battle. We are not going to lose this battle." She then looked thoughtful, "Only, aren't you immune to magic or something like that?"
    Last edited by Tami; 05-25-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OOC: Minor note: Charco is unaware of Lain's Fang and its anti-magical aspects. It is possible she might have noticed this in the tournament (if she watched it), but it's not really common knowledge.
    ---

"Oh..."It was as if a dim light suddenly grew brighter, a memory gnawing at her suddenly pushed it's way forward to the surface.

She suddenly grew determined, "I once told you that you are one of the strongest persons ever, and I mean it." She stood up as she spoke. "We've fought monsters and demons and everything in between, you are not going to lose this battle. We are not going to lose this battle." She then looked thoughtful, "Only, didn't you say you're immune to magic or something like that?"
    Her support was warm, comforting... but unfortunately, too late to be as effective as it should be. It had been too late when she spoke to his grandmother and attempted to rebuild his life. His path had been chosen the moment he had accepted Rex's help back in Gris-gris Bayou.

Despite this, he had no intentions of making Rex's victory easy. If he was to become a monster, he would ensure that his fall would not be in vain.

"If I lose this battle, I want to do it on my own terms. This Doctor, whoever the **** he is, will be the one to deal with the end result."

OOC: Minor note: Charco is unaware of Lain's Fang and its anti-magical aspects. It is possible she might have noticed this in the tournament (if she watched it), but it's not really common knowledge.
    ---

Her support was warm, comforting... but unfortunately, too late to be as effective as it should be. It had been too late when she spoke to his grandmother and attempted to rebuild his life. His path had been chosen the moment he had accepted Rex's help back in Gris-gris Bayou.

Despite this, he had no intentions of making Rex's victory easy. If he was to become a monster, he would ensure that his fall would not be in vain.

"If I lose this battle, I want to do it on my own terms. This Doctor, whoever the **** he is, will be the one to deal with the end result."
    OOC: I rewrote it, it was a mistake on my part to suggest that he said anything. Cyanna had a sense of this magical immunity, but she didn't know for sure and she didn't know if he knew or not.

IC: "Charco..." Cyanna went over to him, "If you lose the battle, then I'll lose you forever. I can't accept that, I ... " She leaned in a kissed him, "love you. Charco, please, don't leave me."

A sudden spike in Charco's power level was the only possible thing that could have torn Sarada's attention away from the food that she had been shoveling in her mouth. Her eyes narrowed as she stood from her seat and walked out of the kitchen. She was pretty much done anyway, and since the Id who gave it to her ran off like a bitch, she couldn't even compliment the real chef.

That could come later.

He better not be getting ready to fight someone. He owes me a rematch!

She hadn't told him, but she acquired exclusive fight rights with Charco since the moment he fell ass-backwards into defeating her at the tournament. She was the stronger of the two of them. She knew it, he knew it, and she planned on proving it to him once and for all before his head slipped up his ass too far to see reason.

When she stepped foot onto the Plaza, she heard his voice, along with Cyanna. Huh. I thought she skipped town.

She suddenly grew determined, "I once told you that you are one of the strongest persons ever, and I mean it." She stood up as she spoke. "We've fought monsters and demons and everything in between, you are not going to lose this battle. We are not going to lose this battle." She then looked thoughtful, "Only, aren't you immune to magic or something like that?"

"Charco..." Cyanna went over to him, "If you lose the battle, then I'll lose you forever. I can't accept that, I ... " She leaned in a kissed him, "love you. Charco, please, don't leave me."
    "What the ****? What is this, some kind of **** ass soap opera?"

The idea that she, the Queen of all Saiyans, lost to this mopey piss ant was appalling. There he was, whining and moaning about how some monster was lurking deep within him and he was losing control of it. She shook her head and stepped over to where they were standing.

"Hey, Chicken Boy," she called out before smacking Charco upside the head. "Don't you know only losers sound so defeated before the battle is even over? Tell me what's going on so I can tell you how to win."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A sudden spike in Charco's power level was the only possible thing that could have torn Sarada's attention away from the food that she had been shoveling in her mouth. Her eyes narrowed as she stood from her seat and walked out of the kitchen. She was pretty much done anyway, and since the Id who gave it to her ran off like a bitch, she couldn't even compliment the real chef.

That could come later.

She hadn't told him, but she acquired exclusive fight rights with Charco since the moment he fell ass-backwards into defeating her at the tournament. She was the stronger of the two of them. She knew it, he knew it, and she planned on proving it to him once and for all before his head slipped up his ass too far to see reason.

When she stepped foot onto the Plaza, she heard his voice, along with Cyanna. Huh. I thought she skipped town.

The idea that she, the Queen of all Saiyans, lost to this mopey piss ant was appalling. There he was, whining and moaning about how some monster was lurking deep within him and he was losing control of it. She shook her head and stepped over to where they were standing.

"Hey, Chicken Boy," she called out before smacking Charco upside the head. "Don't you know only losers sound so defeated before the battle is even over? Tell me what's going on so I can tell you how to win."
    Shoved aside slightly by the arrival of the more muscular Sayian queen as she slapped Charco, Cyanna exclaimed, "Hey! Don't hit my Charco like that."

"Charco..." Cyanna went over to him, "If you lose the battle, then I'll lose you forever. I can't accept that, I ... " She leaned in a kissed him, "love you. Charco, please, don't leave me."
    "I..."

That could come later.

Before he could respond to her declaration, he was slapped out of the moment by Sarada.

"Damn, woman!" He grumbled, rubbing his head.

He turned, preparing to go off on her for interrupting his moment of crisis, but he paused in silent surprise. Whatever mental barriers lay between he and the malevolent spirit had strengthened and for now, he was safe. The unnatural sense of despair that had gripped him had been the lingering remnants of the soul-erosion's after effects. It was a weird sensation of being frightened that he could no longer trust his own emotions yet being relieved to know that it had been external forces and not his own, "Freaky."

Shoved aside slightly by the arrival of the more muscular Sayian queen as she slapped Charco, Cyanna exclaimed, "Hey! Don't hit my Charco like that."
    "No, it's fine. I needed that, to be honest."

For the time being, he felt normal and most likely in control once more, "...but yeah, I think I need to make this issue known. If only to make sure you all know what to do if push comes to shove."

"Your Charco, huh?" Sarada questioned, glancing at the young Chromakai girl standing beside her. "If he belongs to you, then tell him to stop being a bitch."

"I..."

Before he could respond to her declaration, he was slapped out of the moment by Sarada.

"Damn, woman!" He grumbled, rubbing his head.

He turned, preparing to go off on her for interrupting his moment of crisis, but he paused in silent surprise. Whatever mental barriers lay between he and the malevolent spirit had strengthened and for now, he was safe. The unnatural sense of despair that had gripped him had been the lingering remnants of the soul-erosion's after effects. It was a weird sensation of being frightened that he could no longer trust his own emotions yet being relieved to know that it had been external forces and not his own, "Freaky."

"No, it's fine. I needed that, to be honest."

For the time being, he felt normal and most likely in control once more, "...but yeah, I think I need to make this issue known. If only to make sure you all know what to do if push comes to shove."
    If his reaction was anything to go by, her head slap did the trick. At least for the moment. Sarada didn't know what Charco's deal was, and wouldn't until he decided to say something about it other than ambiguity, but it didn't sound like an easy fix.

Luckily, she was well-versed in all manner of Saiyan therapy techniques.

"Alright, what the hell is your problem? Start talking."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-25-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Your Charco, huh?" Sarada questioned, glancing at the young Chromakai girl standing beside her. "If he belongs to you, then tell him to stop being a bitch."
    "He doesn't belong to me, I just meant," Cyanna, in a rare occurrence, struggled to find the right words.