Page 150 of 294 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4408
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Fine, but Dash is fighting...something outside. Ship took a nasty hit and I’m getting it running.” He replies over comms.
    "While we're on the subject of nasty hits..." Held replied between breaths, zipping and zagging down various corridors, as made his way to the duo, "I suppose we should get the bad news out of the way now."

He frowned slightly, remembering how he and Ochazuke looked away for nary a moment, only to see a radiant explosion of golden energy.

"Charco's gone. Gone Gone."

I still don't understand what the hell happened. Was that intentional, or a result of the condition he was in?

"I thought it's best we just rip that band-aid off right now..."

It was slightly annoying the walls were likely strong enough that it would have taken more time to break them down, than to maneuver his way to the ship. Were they less hearty, he likely would have arrived in a fraction of the time it was taking.

"...Putting that on hold for a moment, what do you mean she's fighting 'something'?" He asked, his pace unwavering, "Is it a person? Human? Android? Namekian?"

Is this what Ochazuke was on edge about?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It rears back its other hand and its fingers extend like spears towards Dash.
    Dash evades the hand, pushing herself to move faster than the giant. In the back of her mind a surge of doubt rises up, a feeling that all she can do is distract and evade and wait for the others.

As she moves faster, she hears a voice in her mind, no, not a voice, but the sound of a horse snorting. then she hears it speak to her, "Prove yourself worthy, Wild Mare. Prove yourself worthy."

With that, she flies up again, and from above she summons a storm of lightening and wind crashing down on her opponent like a Hurricane.[/QUOTE]

It is blown backwards, the being not expecting such strong winds. The lightning seems only a minor inconvenience, but for now it seems held at bay.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That the keypad appeared to have been created by Midori and not some ancient alien race was a relief. As before in AT2, Parsley used Observational Insight to ascertain the code to unlock the door.
    A simple six number sequence. It’s easy enough to uncover. 121687.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "While we're on the subject of nasty hits..." Held replied between breaths, zipping and zagging down various corridors, as made his way to the duo, "I suppose we should get the bad news out of the way now."

He frowned slightly, remembering how he and Ochazuke looked away for nary a moment, only to see a radiant explosion of golden energy.

"Charco's gone. Gone Gone."

I still don't understand what the hell happened. Was that intentional, or a result of the condition he was in?

"I thought it's best we just rip that band-aid off right now..."

It was slightly annoying the walls were likely strong enough that it would have taken more time to break them down, than to maneuver his way to the ship. Were they less hearty, he likely would have arrived in a fraction of the time it was taking.

"...Putting that on hold for a moment, what do you mean she's fighting 'something'?" He asked, his pace unwavering, "Is it a person? Human? Android? Namekian?"

Is this what Ochazuke was on edge about?
    “........damnit. Damnit! Ok, okay. Maybe we can wish him back, Kami I hope so. Eva’s going to be heart broken.”

He pauses then answers the second question.

“Kami, Held she’s fighting Some...giant..what the hell?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A simple six number sequence. It’s easy enough to uncover. 121687.
    Parsley nodded and, after shifted Ishtar's weight so she could stab her ax into the ground, entered in the code. 121687. Then, she stepped back and awaited with cautious excitement for what was on the other side.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley nodded and, after shifted Ishtar's weight so she could stab her ax into the ground, entered in the code. 121687. Then, she stepped back and awaited with cautious excitement for what was on the other side.
    A highly advanced lab greets her eyes, rows of computer banks and monitors everywhere.

In the center, a single fluid filled tube about eight feet tall.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

“........damnit. Damnit! Ok, okay. Maybe we can wish him back, Kami I hope so. Eva’s going to be heart broken.”

He pauses then answers the second question.

“Kami, Held she’s fighting Some...giant..what the hell?”
    Held felt his blood run cold at his friends confusion. Today, confusion had brought no pleasant surprises.

"Focus, Jinzi." Held replied, gritting his teeth as his picked up the pace, rushing through one of the mineshafts.

He reached a wall, leading to an elevator shaft. It would have taken far too long to summon it from the depths. He kicked through the gate sealing its entrance, before jumping from wall to wall, ascending upwards towards the power signatures.

"You're a scientist, so give me some observations."

I just hope it's something he can make sense of, let alone something that I can...Damnit, I should have just stayed on the ship.

OOC: I'll leave it to you to determine when Held makes it Cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami
    Dash evades the hand, pushing herself to move faster than the giant. In the back of her mind a surge of doubt rises up, a feeling that all she can do is distract and evade and wait for the others.

As she moves faster, she hears a voice in her mind, no, not a voice, but the sound of a horse snorting. then she hears it speak to her, "Prove yourself worthy, Wild Mare. Prove yourself worthy."

With that, she flies up again, and from above she summons a storm of lightening and wind crashing down on her opponent like a Hurricane.
    It is blown backwards, the being not expecting such strong winds. The lightning seems only a minor inconvenience, but for now it seems held at bay.
    Flying backwards, Dash then summons up her Ki. As she does, her eyes begin to glow. Through this power, she sees an image in her mind,

Rearing her head back, she then charges the Giantess at high speed, her body surrounded by wind, lightening, and the sonic blasts of thunder.

As she moves in for the attack, the Spider Armor shifts and changes, her hair grows dark and wild beneath beneath the helmet.

And she strikes the Giantess like a category 6 Hurricane that won't let up. Fist driving into the being's chest.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Tasure sighed. The battle against the Doctor had ended too soon for her to be of use... of course, it did give her time to recover her energy, so that was a plus. Now, to more pertinent matters, like the newly-arrived enemy and...

...WHERE THE **** WAS THAT IDIOT SON OF HERS?!.

Muttering, she closed her eyes and reached out with her senses. Through the kizuna, she could sense him... and he was pretty far away. What in the hell?! He was closer to the docking bay than the damned doctor's room. That... okay, no... no, calm down... there must have been a reason. She'd simply IT to him, punch him in his dumb face, and ask what the hell was up. Putting her fingers to her forehead, her form blurred, and...

...she found herself someplace dark, soft, and oddly delicious-smelling. Okay, what had her boy been up to?! And what was that... was that the sound of someone eating!? Trying, in vain, to make her way to the origin of the sound, tasure eventually lost her temper and, with a great burst of energy, obliterated the... whatever the hell she was buried in.

"Gah, what the hell!?" came her son's voice. He had been knocked against a nearby wall and only now could she see what she'd been buried in. Muffins. Thousands... and thousands... and thousands of delicious muffins.

"...of all things, I didn't expect this. You missed the damn battle!"

Totoma blinked. "****, really? Uh... sorr--" He was interrupted by his mother slugging him in the face.

"More importantly, you didn't say a damn thing about all this delicious food! How thoughtless can you be!?"

Totoma grinned and held up a small button. "Heh... muffin button."

Sighing, Tasure grabbed her son. "Put that somewhere safe." Putting her fingers to her forehead again, she locked onto the closest and most familiar energy that was not her idiot son--she believed it was that Nevadian, Held, who was moving at a rather brisk pace. Good enough. Her form and that of Totoma's blurred...

...appearing right next to Held, their arrival being heralded by an explosion of the muffin pile they'd been standing in. Tasure growled. "This is ridiculous."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-08-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held felt his blood run cold at his friends confusion. Today, confusion had brought no pleasant surprises.

"Focus, Jinzi." Held replied, gritting his teeth as his picked up the pace, rushing through one of the mineshafts.

He reached a wall, leading to an elevator shaft. It would have taken far too long to summon it from the depths. He kicked through the gate sealing its entrance, before jumping from wall to wall, ascending upwards towards the power signatures.

"You're a scientist, so give me some observations."

I just hope it's something he can make sense of, let alone something that I can...Damnit, I should have just stayed on the ship.

OOC: I'll leave it to you to determine when Held makes it Cleric.
    “Tall, near six meters or so. Pale, vaguely humanoid. I can’t really see anything else. Dash is...oh, well Dash is blasting it and it’s still up. Get here soon!”

Held, you’ll get there about ten seconds after this message comes through.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A highly advanced lab greets her eyes, rows of computer banks and monitors everywhere.

In the center, a single fluid filled tube about eight feet tall.
    What greeted her wasn't a person or enemy, but a laboratory of some sort.

She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. A heavy tremble wracked through her body, nearly causing her to drop Ishtar. She bent down and gently placed the Oni against the wall.

Again, she breathed in deeply. Her steps were unsteady as she moved toward one of the computers and attempted to access what was on it.

As she did, her mind was uncharacteristically unfocused and far afield. Millions of light years away.

Parsley's eyes fluttered opened, unveiling to her a blurred world of indistinguishable shapes and blobs. She tried to reach up to rub them, but found that both her hands were tied down. ??? She jerked her arm up to break through the bonds that kept her restrained, but found that her strength was nearly completely sapped. She barely had enough power to struggle futilely, much less actually bust free. What is going on?! Panic started to settle in. Her heart started racing, her head was throbbing as the possibilities of what was to come ran through her head one after the other, each more horrendous than the previous.

She remembered fighting the Tuffles after sensing that the four Saiyans she was looking for were nearby. There were missiles, then some gas, then nothing.

How long had she been unconscious? Where was she? These questions kept repeating in her head incessantly until someone walked inside. “Ah, so you're finally awake. Great; we can begin?”
    Her hands trembled as they struggled to work the keyboard. Damn it, focus!! Now is not the time. The absence of her tail had never been more evident or obvious than it was in that moment, in that place. It took every ounce of strength she had left to keep from breaking down into a panic. Memories that she had successfully shelved thanks to Ishtar were slowly creeping back into her active consciousness.

She tried to speak, to ask who the woman was and how she thought she could get away with this, but all that came out was a string of incoherent gibberish.

“Heh. That gaseous concoction you breathed in earlier slowed your “higher” brain function down, so now you sound like the gibbering baboon you really are.” The doctor laughed derisively, a sound that Parsley had never heard directed at herself before.
    Focus. Please focus.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Flying backwards, Dash then summons up her Ki. As she does, her eyes begin to glow. Through this power, she sees an image in her mind,

Rearing her head back, she then charges the Giantess at high speed, her body surrounded by wind, lightening, and the sonic blasts of thunder.

As she moves in for the attack, the Spider Armor shifts and changes, her hair grows dark and wild beneath beneath the helmet.

And she strikes the Giantess like a category 6 Hurricane that won't let up. Fist driving into the being's chest.

Dash wails on it, again and again she lands hits and drives the thing back. Just as she tears for another, it seemingly fades into the wall and disappears.

It suddenly reappears beside the Coldlight from the ceiling. It seems slower, stiffer, having taken damage from Dash it seems to destroy the Coldlight. It raises its hand to strike the ship.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eva pours some tea and gestures to sit with Jack and her.

“What brings you here to this time?”
    "It might be easier to show you..."

Extending her hand out, a holographic image appeared, floating above her palm. It was a map of sorts, displaying a universe, from which a massive maelstrom of sorts upended solar systems and destroyed stars and planets.

"Twelve years ago, a monster appeared on Earth. Growing in power from those it defeated, it eventually became as you see here. The doctor theorizes that, if left unchecked, the beast might soon gain the power needed to tear his way into other universes."

Closing her hand, the image vanished, "I was the only one who could successfully use our time machine, so I was sent to this time to seek a means to stop it."

-----------------------------

A vile, disgusting energy touched against Parsley's senses, drawing her attention away from the gladiatorial slaughter of Midori Pants. Her eyes cut to the source. A reptilian creature had emerged form Charco's remains. There was only one being this creature could be. "So, the coward finally comes out of hiding," she commented before turning her attention to more important matters.
    A coward? A curious insult considering he had always been rather upfront about his intentions. Glancing to the Doctor, or rather Midori, Rex found his anger deflating at the sight of the brutality she had endured from the others.

"What a disappointment... I suppose I should thank Charco for distracting me. I would have hated for my first meal to be so... unappetizing..."

"I sense it ... now." Ishtar muttered, before grunting as she was shifted without warning. Though.

Huh.

"... your clothes. Where ... did ..." Ishtar trailed off. This was not the thing to complain about, really. It wasn't as if Parsley did not have a nice body.

Of course, Sarada might be upset -- to say nothing of Avoca -- if the Oni ever mentioned it aloud.

"See ... anything good ?" Ishtar managed, instead.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The vial is liquid Creational energy. Drinking it would bestow a not insignificant portion of such energy to a person permanently.

The coin is magical, a summoning device of some sort.

The sack holds a pair of fine worked leather bracers with a dragon insignia on them, and a silver circlet of a howling wolf. The three items seem incredibly well made and seem to have...power within them.
    Holding the vial between his calloused fingers, Ochazuke turned the green liquid over upon itself. By this time he had become intimately familiar with this essence. It had been the larger portion of the energy swirling about Asha'rah, the core of Evangeline and any number of the emergent neophyte guardians. Stirring within the heart of that burning world, and raising life upon the dead one, cradled upon his neck in a Dark Sphere, a portion of it had rendered to reality the impossible.

The Power of Creation. The legacy of the Creator passed down to her charge, a mere spark of it to empower an order over the Cosmos itself. Held in the crest of his palm, Ochazuke was captivated by this doubtlessly ill-gained prize.

For even though the Doctor possessed this, it wasn't enough to slake those mad ambitions, nor power enough to realize the aim of making dominion of time. Little different than our Dragonballs and the madness they inspire among mortal imagination. Shifting in an idle step, a fraction of round-edged glass ground to powder under his heel.

The lives of seven alternate worlds were once contained in the fragments of these baubles, till the rupture consumed their universes. How many others were just like them, who fought and died for this vain conceit? Even the Creator herself was not above caving to such urges. That's when he remembered an ancient name.

Inda'ren, the ancestral God of Destruction. The thought of that primal crime Asha'rah had admitted to days ago, and the enigmatic squabbles of Hammer and Genesis flared against his mind. The power of gods was not imparted so easily while they drew breath. How had fallen to the Doctor, harvested, just to fill a tube?

This is little more than an addict's reserve. The Doctor was no better than that damned Parasite, Ochazuke thought to himself, raising his hand he briefly considered the unconscionable, then ceased. Untethered, it could not be destroyed, all the same he could not leave it here. Just like that long night in Cask, he found he had little recourse but to bear this heinous thing for now. A fixed point in time.

Next he turned his attention to the little green coin, turning it over in his hand. Plots within plots within plots, laying the thing flat in his palm, he concentrated his insight into finding the source connection.