Page 154 of 294 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Dash and Sarada are correct. There, a slight shade different from the skin tone, appears to be a baseball sized patch of skin or armor that is different on the golems forehead.

Sasheem, you are pulled into the wall instead.
    After careful searching, Sarada found what she was looking for – a small patch of skin that was a different color than the rest of it on its forehead. That was it; that was the weakness.

To test, just to be sure, she charged a powerful blast and fired it at this patch of skin.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It is strange. For your entire existence, Sasheem has been able to ‘swim’ through the floor and the like. To bypass normal construction and normal ‘physics’.

Being pulled into the wall is different t, for this time it is by another’s power. I aid ethe wall, to Sasheem’s horror, are thousands of these golems.

No, the entire wall are the golems. Somehow, within a phased pocket dimension the First Race created dwells their defenses.

And they are all slowly being made aware and waking up.
    The Majin thought one of these things wasn't so bad by itself. But an army following them home,...that would be annoying. Realizing he didn't have much time, Sasheem looked for some sort of magic core or control panel or something, anything that seemed was causing these creatures to awaken.

‘Then mother is dead then, yes? I am saddened, but not sad. She deserved it?’

It pauses before continuing.

‘Mother created me to be of service. She..did not know I was aware yet. I have been for some time, watching silently.’

You get the impression of a child cocking its head at you two.

‘I do not believe my destruction is deserved. Have I done you wrong, as you suggest mother did?’

————-

Parsley, all the files are encrypted.
    "Encrypted," she tutted. She narrowed her eyes and used Observational Insight to determine the passwords.

In the meantime, something pinged in the back of her mind. A small, niggling feeling that was bothering her more and more by the second. "Tch. What the hell?" This feeling compelled her to listen to this... this creature. It hasn't committed a violent act yet. It hadn't done anything, good or evil. It was just a fetus.

'I suppose you haven't done anything yet,' she admitted. 'Your creator caused the deaths of countless people across many universes. She was deserving of death for the good and safety of this one.'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘Then mother is dead then, yes? I am saddened, but not sad. She deserved it?’

It pauses before continuing.

‘Mother created me to be of service. She..did not know I was aware yet. I have been for some time, watching silently.’

You get the impression of a child cocking its head at you two.

‘I do not believe my destruction is deserved. Have I done you wrong, as you suggest mother did?’

————-

Parsley, all the files are encrypted.
    Ishtar sighed.

'I suppose you have not, no.' Though there was something far more curious than whether or not the child was worthy of living or dying, and it was something the Oni chased after.

'What ... purpose were you created for ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Dash and Sarada are correct. There, a slight shade different from the skin tone, appears to be a baseball sized patch of skin or armor that is different on the golems forehead.

Sasheem, you are pulled into the wall instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    After careful searching, Sarada found what she was looking for – a small patch of skin that was a different color than the rest of it on its forehead. That was it; that was the weakness.

To test, just to be sure, she charged a powerful blast and fired it at this patch of skin.
    Dash observed what Sarada was doing, then turned her attention to her own Golem. Once it reappeared, she too sought out an area on the Golem's head that looked different from the rest. Once found, she focused her Ki, infusing it with lightening, and attacked that spot trying tio burn it out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Each seems to contain some sort of ki enhancement upon them. With further research, Ochazuke can see the familiar pattern of Zxu'ro in the items.

Items he must have worn once upon a time.
    Studying the Dragon Bracers, Ochazuke began to unravel the loosened laces over the folded sheath. Its hard surface was quite well-worn from use, yet however many nicks and scars crossed the pair, the markings endured. It became quite clear that though they contained a latent power within as well, they were of a more mundane sort. Neither a wish not the essence cruelly ripped from so many fallen gods, they could only magnify what had manifest before.

Of course the Doctor had no use for them.

Sliding his hands through the old laces and placing the leather over his hand-wraps, Ochazuke found them quite light for what they were. How many times did these rise up to protect the world behind it? They had been finally seized despite the efforts, fallen into a callous storage at the end of this universe. How abhorrent a fate, even for a cause lost to the endless march of time. Where are your teachings now? Your path for the guiding hand when that world yet needed your protection?

The vial and the coin needed to be sequestered, yet he had only one Capsule remaining. Stowing the Doctor's tools in the satchel, Ochazuke placed Zxu'ro's Relics upon his person and contained the rest.

Sarada didn't know how she knew, but she knew that these things were actually members of the First Race, but actually golems of some kind. How or why that thought jumped in her head with such undeniable certainty, she didn't know, but she was sure of it. Maybe Parsley rubbing off on me.

"Guys, these things are just golems created by the First Race," she told the others via comms. "Don't ask how I know that."

More pressing matters returned to the fore of her mind. This thing wasn't damaged by her attacks at all. Push back, yes; damaged, not even close. Okay, so energy attacks don't worry. I doubt physical attacks will, either. Damnit, I'm running out of options. Okay, think. This thing has to have a weakness somewhere. Everything does!

When it was pressed, it melted into the wall to escape.

Okay.

It didn't seem to have any long range attacks, just using its fingers like spears and lances.

Okay.

So, where was the weakspot? She scanned it carefully while keeping her distance, looking over every inch of it. Most of it was covered in some kind of spiny armor, except for its face. Was that it?
    It was at that moment that he received the communications hail from Sarada. Tapping at the device in his ear, little more than a grunt could be afforded from the back of his parched throat, but the electronic trill indicated he had received her message loud and clear.

Casting his view down the shaft wrenched by Ishtar's Dreadnought Heart ploy in the corner of the Doctor's Chamber, he regarded his comrades' proximity to a familiar presence; like the Doctor, yet at a certain level of remove. Parsley and Ishtar remain deeper inside the complex, but its condition is stable. Come what may hey would make it out one way or another. As a courtesy, however, they would be remiss to have a path out.

Golems. His acquaintance with this sort of creature had been limited. Yet having grappled with the Red Colonel's legacy weapon in the Geofront, he suspected this engagement may be much the same. However, he had to get closer to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A twinge of power drew Rex's attention, causing the saurian to turn to face it. There were several of them, in fact, their ki signatures were nearly identical.

"Three? Perfect. One for breakfast, lunch, and dinner..."

Energy crackled between his fingers as he raised a hand in the general directions of the giants. It didn't matter if there were walls separating him from them, the Strongest made his own path. Firing a blast of the poisonous ghost hakai, the Tyrant King would be inserting himself into this fight.

"It's time to hunt..."
    Moreover, there was something else that slithered coldly among these walls. A loathsome presence, taken to avarice and vainglorious consumption.

Charco.

With scarcely another thought, Ochazuke set off swiftly towards the exit of this place to join the others.

Totoma had watched enough--and, more importantly, finished his delicious muffin--and it was time to jump into the fray! However, he'd long since dropped from super saiyan form, so it was time to see if he could transform without getting unreasonably angry about a door. He stepped forward, clenched his fists in front of him and dug deep, trying to remember the feeling--both emotional and physical--of transforming into a super saiyan. Hopefully this worked...

The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar sighed.

'I suppose you have not, no.' Though there was something far more curious than whether or not the child was worthy of living or dying, and it was something the Oni chased after.

'What ... purpose were you created for ?'
    ‘To be used by mother. Her Time Locked self could not bear children, as her body could not change. So she created me. To serve as her child, and most likely her weapon if needs be. She was not....kind to the others. I do not know if I would have been different.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Encrypted," she tutted. She narrowed her eyes and used Observational Insight to determine the passwords.

In the meantime, something pinged in the back of her mind. A small, niggling feeling that was bothering her more and more by the second. "Tch. What the hell?" This feeling compelled her to listen to this... this creature. It hasn't committed a violent act yet. It hadn't done anything, good or evil. It was just a fetus.

'I suppose you haven't done anything yet,' she admitted. 'Your creator caused the deaths of countless people across many universes. She was deserving of death for the good and safety of this one.'
    ‘I can download the files for you. Otherwise, you cannot get in. Mother encrypted then with Big Ghetti Star nanites. Only another with such can unlock them. A failsafe.’

An indeed, Parsley cannot find a password to enter or a code to unlock.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma had watched enough--and, more importantly, finished his delicious muffin--and it was time to jump into the fray! However, he'd long since dropped from super saiyan form, so it was time to see if he could transform without getting unreasonably angry about a door. He stepped forward, clenched his fists in front of him and dug deep, trying to remember the feeling--both emotional and physical--of transforming into a super saiyan. Hopefully this worked...

After a long moment he does transform in control.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The golems each emerge again, and when Sarada and Dash strikes the spot, each one collapses into a puddle.

Sasheem, there is no control node or center. The place they are stored is powered by the whole facility, to stop them or trap them you would need to destroy it all.

It seems the things are triggered by enough energy gathered in one place. Most likely the Doctor stayed away from the docking bay here.

Five more emerge from the walls into the docking bay now, striding toward some the ship.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The golems each emerge again, and when Sarada and Dash strikes the spot, each one collapses into a puddle.

Sasheem, there is no control node or center. The place they are stored is powered by the whole facility, to stop them or trap them you would need to destroy it all.

It seems the things are triggered by enough energy gathered in one place. Most likely the Doctor stayed away from the docking bay here.

Five more emerge from the walls into the docking bay now, striding toward some the ship.
    One hit. One kill. Striking that particular spot on the forehead did the trick, and turned the entire thing into a puddle of goop. Sarada smirked and spoke up again. "Hey guys. Aim for the small discolored spot on their foreheads. That's their weak spot."

After informing the others, she noticed that five more were literally coming out of the walls and making a straight line for the ship. "No you don't!" She flew a them at full speed, firing blast after blast aimed at the weakspots.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

‘To be used by mother. Her Time Locked self could not bear children, as her body could not change. So she created me. To serve as her child, and most likely her weapon if needs be. She was not....kind to the others. I do not know if I would have been different.’
    At this point, the itching was becoming something of a bother, but Ishtar found herself far more curious than before. This ... child was not at all what she might have expected.

'Another contingency ... she was at the least, thorough.' Though it seemed that there was more than simply this one. One had to wonder if they were out there ... somewhere. 'It might come ... as some relief ... that she saw her folly in the end and seeks to make amends ... as for you,' the Oni thought to her softly.

'I cannot find it ... to kill you. No reason ... and your path is not set. Though you certainly cannot stay here, can you ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

‘I can download the files for you. Otherwise, you cannot get in. Mother encrypted then with Big Ghetti Star nanites. Only another with such can unlock them. A failsafe.’

An indeed, Parsley cannot find a password to enter or a code to unlock.
    The creature was to be a child of sorts for a intentionally barren madwoman. Interesting. Yet another contingency, and perhaps a mote of happiness for her own when she forcibly reunited with her unwilling parents.

Parsley sighed when her insight failed. The creature offered to download them for her. Which, naturally, meant that if she wished to view them later, the thing had to be spared. Such a clever bargaining tactic, she thought to herself.

'Very well. Do as you suggested.' She frowned and stepped away from the computer. It had fulfilled its usefulness to her. If Sarada's messages over the comms were any indication, the battle was about to see the tide turn in their favor. 'This base, I believe, will be destroyed soon. Do you have a means of transport?'
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-09-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jack groans and leans back, eyes closed.

Eva nods.

“This beast? What can you tell us about it?”
    Once again, she opened her hand, revealing a holographic image.

It was a familiar sight... perhaps too familiar...

"This was its appearance 2 years into its rampage; 3,000 meters tall by the time of recording. With minimal effort, it had shattered several continents and only a year later would Earth become inhospitable to any other forms of life, followed by its complete destruction 5 months from that point. Currently, it has become an entity of pure destructive energy, one the doctor has called the Tyrant Maelstrom."

-----------------------------------

The walls vanish under his blast and eventually tunnels into the docking bay, breaking against one giant and....not doing any real damage.
    "How curious..."

Levitating off the floor, he floated through his newly made tunnel to get a closer look. Not many could withstand his Fukushuu energy, so perhaps they might be worth the effort? Rex was but second before firing another blast when something else caught his attention. Someone was approaching at a furious pace, one whose ki signature made the golems outside look as unappealing as gruel when compared to a luxurious feast.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Moreover, there was something else that slithered coldly among these walls. A loathsome presence, taken to avarice and vainglorious consumption.

Charco.

With scarcely another thought, Ochazuke set off swiftly towards the exit of this place to join the others.
    "Well, well, well..."

Lowering himself back onto the floor, the saurian awaited Ochazuke's approach, excitedly pondering over which reaction he would be greeted with first. Would it be blinding rage or overwhelming sadness? Or perhaps something new?

He couldn't wait.