Page 157 of 294 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    'It remains to be seen, but knowing she understands now what she has done ... I suspect she will at least try.' Ishtar replied with a shrug.

Hearing however, that the asteroid was going to explode -- as someone, or something, had seemingly triggered its self-destruct -- caused Ishtar to focus on what was more important. Namely ...

'The information stored here ... by the First Race, do you know if it can be saved ?'

OT: Also, Cleric ...

OT:

IC:

‘Yes. I can download them. One moment.......’

Another data cubs appears where the first one did.

‘What files remained are downloaded to that.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's head bobbed once. 'Thank you. Without transport, you'll be destroyed with the base. I suppose we'll have to take you with us. Do you have a means of being transported? A smaller tube?'

As for the self-destruct sequence, that was fine. It saved her the time and effort that could – "Wait, what?"

A remotely activated sequence begged many questions, none of which they had time to consider. She sighed heavily and activated her comms. "The base's self-destruct sequence has been remotely activated. We have less than five minutes to escape. Don't waste time and get out of here. I'll catch up."

‘Yes.’

A moment and shutters surround the tube, then from beneathe it slides open a much smaller container with the mass in it.

‘This is what mother used to take me out and examaine me closer. This is the only mobile container usable.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It starts afternoon him, lumbering and intent on his demise.
    Sasheem wasn't sure what time it was, but for whatever reason, he assumed it was the afternoon...wait, wait, what was he doing?! The Majin looked up. Oh yeah....Sasheem wasn't entirely sure what went into creating these golems, Perhaps if there was any sort of magic involved....the Majin created out of thin air...a pillow that landed on the mega-golem's face. If it exploded, then the thing was definitely magic. And possibly be either dead or pissed off even further. Which would be funny.

Or...less funny was that it would do nothing and then still proceed to become further pissed off.

Ochazuke, your blow feels...enhanced slightly, your focus more precise. The blow to the back of the head seems to channel the energy into the front, distrusting the symbol there and making the thing collapse into a puddle.
    When he struck upon the Golem, Ochazuke felt how the blow landed with a surety that went beyond countless hours spent cultivating skill. Even set upon this twisted alien shape, there came to him in a fractured moment the scent of lacquered cedar planks, echoing their solid foundation under footfalls. Wreathed in the flexible guards of Zxu'ro, for a moment the weight of the combat left him as he felt his hands, in a fashion, guided towards their targets, as if led by a silent hand that felt potential.

The refinement of such an elementary thing as a straight lead to a nostalgic feeling he had not felt since...

Chahan.

The death sputters of the artificial being wicked away as its being melt into a puddle. Still more emerged from the walls.

But none of them were his target, and Ochazuke was determined to push through them.

With successive blows, the stances of these hollow, artificial forms were broken, and like their kindred so were they demolished by skull-shattering blows.

Something grabs Rex’s legs and starts pulling him into the ground below him.
    Yet even now, he could sense that cold sickly presence, prowling in the shadows. Where are you?

A golem approached and lashed out. He flipped it contemptuously over his shoulder, slamming it onto its back, and ground his heel into its crown.

He had yet a moment's energy to spare, and once again he drew upon his meditational field to resonate within the dying facility itself, tracking Rex and this other presence with Kyokushin Keihatsu.

Below.

Tracing the path of Charco's destroyer, Ochazuke drew back his fist and struck the ground with the Iron Wind of Zanshin Touki.

OOC: Ochazuke base PL: 1.45 mill; Zanshin Touki strikes twice = 2.9 mill ^ (Zxu'ro's Relics)

Dash takes care of her attacker, but as exhausted as she is, that form something she wasn’t prepared for for a while, she’s too tired. Jinzi runs out, drags her in and tells her to rest.
    After a moment's rest on the floor, Dash dragged herself over to the Sensor Console and up into the chair. Once seated, she closed her eyes and rested.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OT:

IC:

Ishtar drags herself over, and palms the second cube, before stowing it in a capsule. 'Thank you ...' With Parsley securing the means to bring the child-hybrid with them, the Oni set herself to focusing on what remained of the room ... at least until the itch that had been gnawing away at her focus became too difficult to ignore.

Looking down to see just what was causing it however, caused her eyes to widen slightly.

"I ... see ?"

The hole that had been so lovingly thrust into her by Held, seemed to be -- rather slowly -- beginning to heal itself. As many questions as that caused, it didn't take much for Ishtar to realize why it might've been happening; and it had to do with the green vial of liquid she had drank some years before that had engendered a genetic change. Why it was happening now, however was perhaps something more to consider ... at another time.

Returning her focus to the ... child, Ishtar then asked something that should have probably been asked sooner.. 'What should we call you ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

OT:

Sorry, yeah, somehow missed this one.

Yeah, with it active it’s pretty obvious.

IC:

The throw still hits one of the emerging ones in the spot, reducing it to a puddle.
    Over the comms, Jinzi’s voice reaches out.

“Coldlight is a go and I got the others you lot rescued onboard. Time to skedaddle folks, let’s go!”
    "On your left!"

ZARK!

A salvo of crimson optic burst-fire clipped a number of the golems and cut down another row into puddles.

"Isn't this a familiar sight? The last of us on a sinking ship and our host is telling us we gotta go and hitch a ride! Ha ha ha!"

Approaching next to Held, Zaofan lazily stretched with a yawn.

"Once more into the breach, am I right? I'd say they were good times, but, ah, to be briefs about the matter..."

While the martial chef himself had survived the crossfire of raging Oni, waded into the aftershock of shattered time, while his smile never wavered as he spoke, it was clear he did not come out of the battle unscathed.

"...yeah I know."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

‘Yes.’

A moment and shutters surround the tube, then from beneathe it slides open a much smaller container with the mass in it.

‘This is what mother used to take me out and examaine me closer. This is the only mobile container usable.’
    OT:

IC:

Ishtar drags herself over, and palms the second cube, before stowing it in a capsule. 'Thank you ...' With Parsley securing the means to bring the child-hybrid with them, the Oni set herself to focusing on what remained of the room ... at least until the itch that had been gnawing away at her focus became too difficult to ignore.

Looking down to see just what was causing it however, caused her eyes to widen slightly.

"I ... see ?"

The hole that had been so lovingly thrust into her by Held, seemed to be -- rather slowly -- beginning to heal itself. As many questions as that caused, it didn't take much for Ishtar to realize why it might've been happening; and it had to do with the green vial of liquid she had drank some years before that had engendered a genetic change. Why it was happening now, however was perhaps something more to consider ... at another time.

Returning her focus to the ... child, Ishtar then asked something that should have probably been asked sooner.. 'What should we call you ?'
    Parsley gently picked the smaller container containing the mass up and tucked it under her arm. Years ago, I would have destroyed this creature and been done with it. The Parsley of old showed no mercy or compassion to those she considered weak. In fact, she enjoyed listening to the final desperate pleas that her victims shouted, as if she was a creature of empathy. It made their deaths all that much sweeter.

She shuddered when she thought of back then. Those that referred to her as such were right to call her a monster. She was. Deserving of death and the year in purgatory that followed. When she returned to the land of the living, she returned a better person.

Perhaps the same would happen to Midori. Maybe, during her time in hell, she would think about what she had done and reflect on it all. The honest appraisal of herself, her life, and her motivations would go a long way toward her redemption. If she was brought back, she would come back a new person. Better or worse than before depended on her.

"It's time to go." She hastily retrieved her ax. Having a tail would have been a big help. Sighing, she placed the data cubes in Ishtar's lap. "I believe that's everything. Are you too tired to teleport us to the ship?" she asked Ishtar. "Is so, I'll take care of it."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Those five are gone, but ten more have now appeared.
    Five fell, but ten more arrive to take their place. Sarada grinned excitedly and charged to take them all head-on.

Parsley's head bobbed once. 'Thank you. Without transport, you'll be destroyed with the base. I suppose we'll have to take you with us. Do you have a means of being transported? A smaller tube?'

As for the self-destruct sequence, that was fine. It saved her the time and effort that could – "Wait, what?"

A remotely activated sequence begged many questions, none of which they had time to consider. She sighed heavily and activated her comms. "The base's self-destruct sequence has been remotely activated. We have less than five minutes to escape. Don't waste time and get out of here. I'll catch up."
    "Ah, ****. Self-destruct?" As badly as she wanted to pad her kill count on these worthless mooks and grunts, they only had five minutes. Considering how badly time had been getting fucked by Midori, there was no telling how long those five minutes actually were. "Alright, but you two had damn well better be on the ship when we take off." She blasted those ten she had intended on fighting in their weakspots, reducing them to puddles, then turned to face the others. "HEY! THIS PLACE IS ABOUT TO BLOW! STOP FUCKING AROUND AND LET'S MOVE!!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley gently picked the smaller container containing the mass up and tucked it under her arm. Years ago, I would have destroyed this creature and been done with it. The Parsley of old showed no mercy or compassion to those she considered weak. In fact, she enjoyed listening to the final desperate pleas that her victims shouted, as if she was a creature of empathy. It made their deaths all that much sweeter.

She shuddered when she thought of back then. Those that referred to her as such were right to call her a monster. She was. Deserving of death and the year in purgatory that followed. When she returned to the land of the living, she returned a better person.

Perhaps the same would happen to Midori. Maybe, during her time in hell, she would think about what she had done and reflect on it all. The honest appraisal of herself, her life, and her motivations would go a long way toward her redemption. If she was brought back, she would come back a new person. Better or worse than before depended on her.

"It's time to go." She hastily retrieved her ax. Having a tail would have been a big help. Sighing, she placed the data cubes in Ishtar's lap. "I believe that's everything. Are you too tired to teleport us to the ship?" she asked Ishtar. "Is so, I'll take care of it."
    Ishtar took the cube Parsley tossed to her, before nodding once and averting her eyes. "I uh ... yea." Naked Parsley, never thought she'd see the day. "Give me a kick or two, if you could ... do not hold back."

With a sigh, the Oni focused and with a crackle her body was coated in a fine layer of void energy. "Need it so I can ... rob the place before we go. Will give you half." Were she not flustered, and healthier she may have tried to frame it better, but really. It was what it was.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Eva frowns, hands tightening a bit.

“Rex.”

—————

Something grabs Rex’s legs and starts pulling him into the ground below him.
    "Rex..."

It had been a long time since she had heard that name. Since its initial rampage, they had always referred to it as the Beast or Tyrant, but she did recall a time before that.

"That's the name my grandmother called him by. How curious."

---------------------

So occupied with Ochazuke's approach, Rex had allowed something to sneak upon him. The ground beneath him gave way and the saurian was dragged down, but not for long without a fight. A twin blast of energy was fired below him by each of his hands, seeking to hit his underhanded assailant.

Those five are gone, but ten more have now appeared.
    Ishtar took the cube Parsley tossed to her, before nodding once and averting her eyes. "I uh ... yea." Naked Parsley, never thought she'd see the day. "Give me a kick or two, if you could ... do not hold back."

With a sigh, the Oni focused and with a crackle her body was coated in a fine layer of void energy. "Need it so I can ... rob the place before we go. Will give you half." Were she not flustered, and healthier she may have tried to frame it better, but really. It was what it was.
    Oddly, Ishtar seemed flustered when Parsley approached her. Surely not because she was naked, as many times as she -- that being Ishtar -- had seen her sister bereft of clothing. Interesting.

"Kick you? Very well." She placed the container and her ax on the ground.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Oddly, Ishtar seemed flustered when Parsley approached her. Surely not because she was naked, as many times as she -- that being Ishtar -- had seen her sister bereft of clothing. Interesting.

"Kick you? Very well." She placed the container and her ax on the ground.

Ishtar was expecting a few kicks ... what she got instead from Parsley however was a nigh endless torrent. As if it was not one individual but three raining down blows.

And the Void Barrier consumed it all, and so much was the influx of energy, that by the time Parsley finished; Ishtar's vitality had all but completely returned. It even seemed that the horrible itching that'd resulted from her apparent -- and newfound -- genetic mutation seemed manageable to the point of its non-existence. How curious ... Sitting up, she simply stared at Parsley and tested motor function a moment before saying.

"... I will remember this for later, thank you."

Whether or not she was talking about her state of undress, or her ability to heal via pummeling however, was unstated.

"In any event, let us see what we can do ..." power returned by means of a brutal, and oddly satisfying kicking; Ishtar proceeded to spend a good portion of it to steal everything she could from the room. Including the Uber-Katchin walls, and Uber-Katchin floor. When she finished, she turned toward Parsley and chuckled.

"... Care to stop by the Dock you found me in, before we return ? Should not take more than a few seconds."

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar was expecting a few kicks ... what she got instead from Parsley however was a nigh endless torrent. As if it was not one individual but three raining down blows.

And the Void Barrier consumed it all, and so much was the influx of energy, that by the time Parsley finished; Ishtar's vitality had all but completely returned. It even seemed that the horrible itching that'd resulted from her apparent -- and newfound -- genetic mutation seemed manageable to the point of its non-existence. How curious ... Sitting up, she simply stared at Parsley and tested motor function a moment before saying.

"... I will remember this for later, thank you."

Whether or not she was talking about her state of undress, or her ability to heal via pummeling however, was unstated.

"In any event, let us see what we can do ..." power returned by means of a brutal, and oddly satisfying kicking; Ishtar proceeded to spend a good portion of it to steal everything she could from the room. Including the Uber-Katchin walls, and Uber-Katchin floor. When she finished, she turned toward Parsley and chuckled.

"... Care to stop by the Dock you found me in, before we return ? Should not take more than a few seconds."
    Parsley wasn't exactly sure what she expected from Ishtar after she gave her a good pummeling. Certainly not for her to simply hop back up to her feet -- after barely being able to walk not a few seconds ago -- and proceed to pilfer everything not bolted to the ground. Up to and including the walls and floor. When the theft was done, there was barely anything left of the room.

"Impressive." Saiyans were known for taking things after conquests, but that had gone out of style once those war-mongering days had come to an end. Still, Parsley could appreciate a good pillage. "I believe we have enough time. Let's go." She picked up the container with the mass and her ax and walked to stand beside Ishtar.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley wasn't exactly sure what she expected from Ishtar after she gave her a good pummeling. Certainly not for her to simply hop back up to her feet -- after barely being able to walk not a few seconds ago -- and proceed to pilfer everything not bolted to the ground. Up to and including the walls and floor. When the theft was done, there was barely anything left of the room.

"Impressive." Saiyans were known for taking things after conquests, but that had gone out of style once those war-mongering days had come to an end. Still, Parsley could appreciate a good pillage. "I believe we have enough time. Let's go." She picked up the container with the mass and her ax and walked to stand beside Ishtar.
    "It is technology that seemingly matches or predates the birth of this universe. It would be a waste to simply let it be vaporized." Ishtar commented with a glint in her eye.

"Think of all the secrets lost to Time ..."

When the Saiyan agreed to visit the dock though, the Oni nodded and grabbed the woman -- and child -- so that she could IT the trio there. At which point she released Parsley and said simply.

"Take what you want, I have the capsules."

Arx Inosaan