Page 159 of 279 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4179
  1. #2371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

    This is the room where the Doctor was, just to make sure?
    OOC: Aye. Figure most of the room was slagged by Charco's heroic sacrifice and the ensuing... battle, but figure there may be some salvageable material here and there.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  2. #2372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    ".....I guess that makes sense." Held replied, reluctantly. He was not particularly pleased to have his concentration thrown off, but--




    "No harm no foul, I suppose." He concluded, "Although I'll have to figure out a way to sense that technique before you actually appear...I don't like being taken by surprise..."

    Held looked at the former monster, clearly unimpressed as his spear went through the beast, before embedding itself in the wall behind it. Or rather, that would have been what happened had the Nevadian focused his energy into the weapon before he loosed it, Tasures arrival throwing off his technique.

    As it was in reality, the spear bounced harmlessly off of the wall with as much force as it hit, hitting the floor, sliding not far from where he stood.




    The Nevadian blinked awkwardly as his friend approached him, clearly suffering greatly from the loss of his clothing. It was at once amusingly fortunate that his wounds seemed to be so limited, and unfortunate, as it was somewhat chilly.

    "Well...I guess good news on the one hand, must be bad on the other, huh? Maybe you can stun the things into submission by showing them the fruits of your labors.." Held replied to his friend, a nostalgic smirk across his face, "Although, now that you mention it....Between the ship, and the Gollums, and someone trying to capture Jinzi, I've got a real case of....Deja'Vu, I think you humans call it?"

    He laughed slightly, still somewhat weary from the days events. "Of course, if Damask wasn't so kind to have so glaring a weakness as these things did...If they had, we might have ended the Red Raiders before they began getting in our way, huh?"

    The Nevadian bent over, picking up his spear, looking at it with a sigh. He then looked behind Zaofan, before shrugging.

    "Stay still for a second?"

    He reversed the grip, so that the point of the blade was aimed towards him, before he threw it at the wall in front of him, his aim adjusted so that it hit the diagonal corner of the room.

    The strength of the impact was such that the spear rebounded mightily, and the point of the blade slammed through three of the creatures, walking in single file behind Zao Fan, hoping--Eventually-- to attack him, before the weak point, instantly rendering them as soup.

    The spear zoomed past the earnest chef by mere inches, sailing by his left side.

    The Nevadian caught the spear by its base, somewhat dejected.

    "It almost feels like a waste to use it on these guys..."
    As the weapon returned to Held's hand, Zaofan let out a sharp whistle.

    "Nice richochet!" He shivered, before taking control of his faculties with a sharp snap of his fingers and a smile. "Then again, I guess with those eyes there are no real blind angles, yeah?" Didn't even see those coming, are they coming out of the walls?

    Turning his attention to the hallway leading toward the Coldlight, Zaofan's eyes widened as the question was answered for him. Tens upon tens of the hollow white giants continued to press through the frames that made up the Doctor's Facility as if it were alive. Droves of these faceless legions emerged almost reflexively, as if searching to consume an infection.

    The Martial Chef's eyes narrowed. Long passage, with sharp corners... His finger still extended from his snap, he held the right angle before him - a makeshift viewfinder - as he took account of the room around him. ...fallen overhangs, ruptured floor...superficial damage, but it is katchin, after all... Suddenly, his smile fell, and his eyes began to glow.

    "We have some stragglers. I can still sense their ki, what's say we clear them a safe path?" Concentrated red light began to fill his gaze; curiously, Zaofan opted to swivel his head away from the charging mass, upward toward the wall, "Say, you got another throw in you?"

  3. #2373
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Blizzar could sense it...all sorts of valuables were being pilfered and he was doing none of the pilfering! Fortunately, this was huge asteroid-base. He didn't have much time, but a quick sweep of the facility should yield perhaps an office of sorts for the late Doctor. Certainly she had more than a lab to craft her devious schemes with?

    Perhaps complete with a library of files that could prove somewhat useful in the future, near or far?

  4. #2374
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ĎNice to meet you, Parsley. Thank you for not destroying me.í
    "Erm, you're welcome."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar watched the flurry of movement -- and theft, so much theft -- and couldn't help but chuckle. "Delightful." And when it was all said and done, Parsley in possession of her share; Ishtar made off with the remaining ships and deposited everything in several capsules.

    "Best we make our way to the others, I suppose."

    Grabbing Parsley, and Azura then; the Oni teleported the trio to the Coldlight in preparation to depart. Only to blink, when she saw the tidal wave of Golems.

    "Parsley ..." the Oni said, slowly. "Do you think we should 'borrow' a few ?"
    When they arrived to the Coldlight, it was surrounded by utter chaos. Creatures -- golems from Sarada's inspection -- were literally coming out of the walls to replace their fallen comrades in defense of the base. They fell as quickly as they arrived, a single blow to a particular spot on their foreheads being all the effort needed. Parsley frowned and bent down to dab her finger into the puddle that one was reduced to after being destroyed.

    She examined it with Observational Focus to determine its origins, composition, and whether it could be replicated through other means.

    When Ishtar asked if they should borrow some, she couldn't imagine why or what use they could be. Perhaps as cannon fodder; but there were better means of ensuring that. "These are perhaps tainted by the First Race. If we can replicate our own, then those can serve the same purpose."

  5. #2375
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Erm, you're welcome."



    When they arrived to the Coldlight, it was surrounded by utter chaos. Creatures -- golems from Sarada's inspection -- were literally coming out of the walls to replace their fallen comrades in defense of the base. They fell as quickly as they arrived, a single blow to a particular spot on their foreheads being all the effort needed. Parsley frowned and bent down to dab her finger into the puddle that one was reduced to after being destroyed.

    She examined it with Observational Focus to determine its origins, composition, and whether it could be replicated through other means.

    When Ishtar asked if they should borrow some, she couldn't imagine why or what use they could be. Perhaps as cannon fodder; but there were better means of ensuring that. "These are perhaps tainted by the First Race. If we can replicate our own, then those can serve the same purpose."
    "That is indeed what I am after. Remind me to tell you why, once we are away from prying eyes, and ears." Ishtar replied, simply. "Though I am interested in exploring this 'taint' as well. How many millions ... billions of years have these waited ? How many silent years without their makers to guide them. Yet still, they rise to their defense as if nary a day has gone by." It was certainly curious, considering the trillions she had watched attempt to replicate the same over her 100,000 years; only to watch them fail and die.

    To say nothing of their seeming strength, for even as the Oni watched with calculating golden-eyes she saw a four-armed variety of Golem holding its own against two: Sasheem, and ... something that held a flicker of Ki that was once ...

    "Charco ? ... Is that what the boy spoke of, Parsley ?" Ishtar asked of Parsley. "Is that what Sarada was upset over ?"
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #2376
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďAny relation to Ogatan Charco?Ē

    Evaís eyes glimmer as she looks at her.

    óóóóó

    The four armed golem is unphased, and when it has a moment, a massive sword forms in one hand that he launched down to bisect Rex.
    "Yes..." She began, hesitating, and Eva could see the worry creeping across her features. Clearly this had not been the first time she had been asked this question and by her reaction, she was expecting a negative response upon saying it, "He was my cousin... which is why I am the only surviving human in my timeline."

    ------------------

    Firing a quick shot to the side of that blade, Rex would divert it enough off course to easily avoid it.

    "You stand before the Strongest and all you can offer me is a sword? I'm insulted."

    From his right index, middle, and thumb, the saurian fired a trio of grey-hue ki beams into the golem's center mass, seeking to skewer it.

  7. #2377
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘Nice to meet you, Parsley. Thank you for not destroying me.’
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "That is indeed what I am after. Remind me to tell you why, once we are away from prying eyes, and ears." Ishtar replied, simply. "Though I am interested in exploring this 'taint' as well. How many millions ... billions of years have these waited ? How many silent years without their makers to guide them. Yet still, they rise to their defense as if nary a day has gone by." It was certainly curious, considering the trillions she had watched attempt to replicate the same over her 100,000 years; only to watch them fail and die.

    To say nothing of their seeming strength, for even as the Oni watched with calculating golden-eyes she saw a four-armed variety of Golem holding its own against two: Sasheem, and ... something that held a flicker of Ki that was once ...

    "Charco ? ... Is that what the boy spoke of, Parsley ?" Ishtar asked of Parsley. "Is that what Sarada was upset over ?"
    Parsley was more concerned about why they would activate now after Midori had been killed. That, along with the self-destruct sequence being activated remotely, made her believe that they were about to have their first encounter with these ancient war mongers soon. When? She wasn't sure, but it was going to happen, eventually.

    As far as Rex went, a simple, "Yes," was all Parsley said in reply.

  8. #2378
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As the weapon returned to Held's hand, Zaofan let out a sharp whistle.

    "Nice richochet!" He shivered, before taking control of his faculties with a sharp snap of his fingers and a smile. "Then again, I guess with those eyes there are no real blind angles, yeah?" Didn't even see those coming, are they coming out of the walls?

    Turning his attention to the hallway leading toward the Coldlight, Zaofan's eyes widened as the question was answered for him. Tens upon tens of the hollow white giants continued to press through the frames that made up the Doctor's Facility as if it were alive. Droves of these faceless legions emerged almost reflexively, as if searching to consume an infection.

    The Martial Chef's eyes narrowed. Long passage, with sharp corners... His finger still extended from his snap, he held the right angle before him - a makeshift viewfinder - as he took account of the room around him. ...fallen overhangs, ruptured floor...superficial damage, but it is katchin, after all... Suddenly, his smile fell, and his eyes began to glow.

    "We have some stragglers. I can still sense their ki, what's say we clear them a safe path?" Concentrated red light began to fill his gaze; curiously, Zaofan opted to swivel his head away from the charging mass, upward toward the wall, "Say, you got another throw in you?"
    "Hmm?"

    The Nevadian turned his senses to the area Zaofan was focused on, picking up the exponentially increasing signatures in a moment, hidden within the darkness of the corridor. The Chef seemed poised to attack them, before suddenly addressing Held.

    Held starred at his friend for a moment, confused. He still seemed poised to attack, but the angle---

    Belatedly, understanding dawned upon the Nevadian as he mad sense of Zaofan's ambition.

    "I think if my arm was split from my body, it'd be doing spear throws for a month through rigor mortis alone..." Held replied with a smirk, ki gently flowing into the body of the spear.

    "I think I'll manage a bit longer..."

  9. #2379
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem phases through the floor and circles back around until he's behind the golem. Once he is, he wraps his arms around the monster and suplexes it....though he activates his phasing and takes them both through multiple floors.

    The Majin intends to exit the asteroid until both are dumped out in space.
    This works, and the four armed golem giant floats gently into space, unable to stop Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #2380
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Starting to feel a little better, Dash opens her eyes, sits upright, and looks around the ship. Seeing Jinzi, "Why haven't we left yet? Where are the others? Is it those damn Golems?"
    ďYeah, ships ready, just need people to clear the way. Hop on the guns and be ready to offer assistance.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #2381
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: Aye. Figure most of the room was slagged by Charco's heroic sacrifice and the ensuing... battle, but figure there may be some salvageable material here and there.
    Neva finds scrap components everywhere, a half a ruined crystal (grape size) that once held Temporal powers, and what appears to be a half burned blueprint of some sort.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #2382
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar could sense it...all sorts of valuables were being pilfered and he was doing none of the pilfering! Fortunately, this was huge asteroid-base. He didn't have much time, but a quick sweep of the facility should yield perhaps an office of sorts for the late Doctor. Certainly she had more than a lab to craft her devious schemes with?

    Perhaps complete with a library of files that could prove somewhat useful in the future, near or far?
    Mostly ruined, the room Blizzar checks eventually does bare fruit. What appears to be a surveillance room is found shins some rubble. Itís mostly ruined but one computer is still active. You can download the files therein.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #2383
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Erm, you're welcome."



    When they arrived to the Coldlight, it was surrounded by utter chaos. Creatures -- golems from Sarada's inspection -- were literally coming out of the walls to replace their fallen comrades in defense of the base. They fell as quickly as they arrived, a single blow to a particular spot on their foreheads being all the effort needed. Parsley frowned and bent down to dab her finger into the puddle that one was reduced to after being destroyed.

    She examined it with Observational Focus to determine its origins, composition, and whether it could be replicated through other means.

    When Ishtar asked if they should borrow some, she couldn't imagine why or what use they could be. Perhaps as cannon fodder; but there were better means of ensuring that. "These are perhaps tainted by the First Race. If we can replicate our own, then those can serve the same purpose."
    Your observational focus tells you nothing. In this puddle inert form, you get not a single trace of anything.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #2384
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yes..." She began, hesitating, and Eva could see the worry creeping across her features. Clearly this had not been the first time she had been asked this question and by her reaction, she was expecting a negative response upon saying it, "He was my cousin... which is why I am the only surviving human in my timeline."

    ------------------

    Firing a quick shot to the side of that blade, Rex would divert it enough off course to easily avoid it.

    "You stand before the Strongest and all you can offer me is a sword? I'm insulted."

    From his right index, middle, and thumb, the saurian fired a trio of grey-hue ki beams into the golem's center mass, seeking to skewer it.
    ďCharco is a friend of mine. Sadly, I think I failed him and....I fear he is gone now.Ē

    óóó

    Itís skewered, but doesnít slow down and instead punches Rex.

    The four armed golems donít have the forehead weakness either.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #2385
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,702

    Default

    The pale white golems all suddenly retreat into the walls. Instead, coming from the walls are the larger four-armed golems without the forehead weakness. One is currently floating in space with Sasheem and another is fighting Rex.

    Ten more emerge in the docking bay as Jinzi's voice comms to them all.

    “Let’s go folks! Time’s a ticking!”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •