Page 16 of 294 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He nodded. While her methods weren't going to solve his issue, at the very least, she could keep Rex from going on any more rampages should the worst happen.

"As I said before, I was not his only host. Anyone that has my DNA can be subjected to his influence; I just happened to be the strongest one so far. I'm sure he'll do anything he can to prevent me from escaping his grasp, but ultimately, he could move on to another one if left with no other options."

Death was not an option for Charco, and such a concept has been lost to Rex ever since he made that wish on the Dragonballs. It was going to take something drastic, possibly miraculous, to end his family's threat for good and no doubt the dinosaur was already planning his countermeasures at this very moment.
    "How many are there with the same DNA as you have? I didn't think you had that big a family." Cyanna was not ready yet to give up on finding a solution.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-28-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "How many are there with the same DNA as you have? I didn't think you had that big a family." Cyanna was unwilling to give up on finding a solution.
    "It's hard to say. Of course, there's my Grandmother, my parents, aunts and uncles, and their kids, but the Ogatan Clan used to take in and adopt those not blood related as their own. Along with that, the scattering of the Dino School makes it even more difficult to really know. Then there's if any one of those have donated blood or the number of relationships each one has had. Overall, the only safe route right now is to deal with him while I am still the strongest host."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 05-28-2019 at 05:56 PM.

"It's hard to say. Of course, there's my Grandmother, my parents, aunts and uncles, and their kids, but the Ogatan Clan used to take in and adopt those not blood related as their own. Along with that, the scattering of the Dino School makes it even more difficult to really know. Right now the only safe route is to deal with him while I am still the strongest host."
    "Then that's what we'll do. If needed, I'll go through every book and every database in Iris' and Eva's libraries to find a way to get your ghost to leave you alone." Cyanna suddenily went from determined to worried, "Is there anything else i can do for you?"

"Then that's what we'll do. If needed, I'll go through every book and every database in Iris' and Eva's libraries to find a way to get your ghost to leave you alone." Cyanna suddenily went from determined to worried, "Is there anything else i can do for you?"
    He wanted to interject and tell her that he doubted there would be anything to find in her research, but seeing her expression silenced him. Being busy would be good for both of their wellbeings, and perhaps there was a sliver of information to glean from that might help out in the end.

In the end, he nodded.

"I'll be fine right now..." Charco replied the slightest hint of hesitation in his tone, "I just need to find a way to train my brain... er... mental defenses. Not sure what kind of pushups to do for that." Hesitation turned into amusement despite the situation.

He wanted to interject and tell her that he doubted there would be anything to find in her research, but seeing her expression silenced him. Being busy would be good for both of their wellbeings, and perhaps there was a sliver of information to glean from that might help out in the end.

In the end, he nodded.

"I'll be fine right now..." Charco replied the slightest hint of hesitation in his tone, "I just need to find a way to train my brain... er... mental defenses. Not sure what kind of pushups to do for that." Hesitation turned into amusement despite the situation.
    With a nod, "Then that's what you need. A Sensei of the mind, a Psychic Powerhouse to train you in having strong mental defenses." She then looked thoughtful, "Hmmm...now who do we know who is a powerful enough psychic to train you and is willing to take you on a student?"

With a nod, "Then that's what you need. A Sensei of the mind, a Psychic Powerhouse to train you in having strong mental defenses." She then looked thoughtful, "Hmmm...now who do we know who is a powerful enough psychic to train you and is willing to take you on a student?"
    "I know, let's ask around. Someone is bound to know a really good psychic." She took Charco's hand, "Before you know it, you'll have mental defenses so strong even a Super Sayian couldn't punch through them."

"I know, let's ask around. Someone is bound to know a really good psychic." She took Charco's hand, "Before you know it, you'll have mental defenses so strong even a Super Sayian couldn't punch through them."
    "Hold up," Charco said, his gaze elsewhere, "You go on ahead, I need to check something out."

All this talk of the worst coming to bear had brought forth several questions he needed to know before he went any further.

Turning back to her, he gave a small smile, "I'll catch up with you when I'm done."

"Hold up," Charco said, his gaze elsewhere, "You go on ahead, I need to check something out."

All this talk of the worst coming to bear had brought forth several questions he needed to know before he went any further.

Turning back to her, he gave a small smile, "I'll catch up with you when I'm done."
    Letting go, she looked at him hesitantly for a moment, then nodded, "I will be with Eva. When you're ready, meet me there." She then turned and hurried off on her mission.

Letting go, she looked at him hesitantly for a moment, then nodded, "I will be with Eva. When you're ready, meet me there." She then turned and hurried off on her mission.
    He nodded to her before walking off, his destination firmly in mind.

Despite the soul-erosion warping his emotions into an erratic mess earlier, Charco didn't disagree with his laments; he truly doubted he would win this fight without major sacrifice. Things would never be the same after that point and it was in that uncertainty that he felt the most discomfort.

Pushing open the massive double doors, the boy was greeted with the familiar sight and sounds of countless clocks, ticking away in time. It had been some time since he had visited the Pendulum Room on his own. There was still a small bit of reluctance in the back of his mind as he prepared himself, but he could understand the sensation.

After all, the last time he visited this point in time and space, he had his heart torn out.

The difference this time was that he had grown since that time. If he was anymore arrogant, he would have said he was the Strongest among his comrades. The question was: would it be enough?

Taking a seat in the middle of the room, Charco did his best to focus on the white noise provided by the clocks as he visualized when and where he wanted to go. Soon enough, he could smell the petrichor of the earth as it rained, soon followed by the gentle sounds of raindrops hitting leaves, followed by the gentle pelts of dampness as they filtered down through the dense canopies of the jungles. Opening his eyes, he was once more home. Rising to his feet and brushing off the damp dirt, he made his way to the Dino School Temple as like before, he was confronted by the man who had slain him in this delusion of time and space.

It was Ogatan Phospho, his grandfather.

At this point in time, Rex had already taken over his grandfather's body thanks to the latter's deteriorated mental state; the destruction of the temple was proof enough.

If Charco was going to find a way to overcome Rex, then he would need to surpass Phospho Rex this time.

Blizzar looked as if he wanted to punch himself unconscious. Chief Durive had promised vital information, but had instead had insisted Blizzar wait through an insipid xylophone perfomance on the holo-screen, while his M-Fighter comrades had long since gone on to the next timeline.

Blizzar had asked to be excused. Many times, in fact, but every insistence was met with a reprimand, followed by a threat towards his job security. Blizzar supposed he could stand to bare witness to such brazen buffonery if the alternative would be a demotion. But then the box-shaped commanding officer had abandoned his brief musical aspirations for new dreams of being a painter.

Pulling an ease and canvas from just offscreen, the diminutive chief was set to paint a portrait. To very slowly...paint a portait. Blizzar couldn't have sat there more than forty minutes, but it felt like hours. "Sir..." Blizzar, once more attempted to interject. "It is of great importance that I see to-"

Durive abruptly stopped in the middle of crafting his artistic vision to glare at Blizzar, the two deputy chiefs staring at the Arcosian Lieutenant as if they caught him in the midst of a murder. Durive remained motionless, almost as if daring for Blizzar to make a move.

Mildly unnerved, but mostly immensely tired, Blizzar gave a resigned sigh and apologized, "My apologies, sir. Please...continue."

Durive seemed to hop back to life, continuing on with his masterpiece. Blizzar propped himself up, struggling not to just fall asleep during the entire drawn out process, until...

The two deputy chiefs began to clap. Blizzar eyes widended. Was it over? How he prayed this to be the case

"Voila, sir!" Deputy Chief Stragge congratulated, taking a moment to wipe a tear from her eye.

"You're life's work...complete," the nearly-silent Deputy Chief Flasshu mumbled near-inaudibly.

The three then turned to Blizzar, in unison, as if wanting his opinion on the piece. It was, of course, completely illegible nonsense. Even one with the most silver of tongues, would not find the words capable of pleasantly describing the haphazard splotches of poorly mixed paint that sat before him. And then there was the matter of how the chief was able to hold a brush in the first place considering his lack of hands.

A headache for another day, perhaps. For now it was best to come up with a white lie fast, in the hopes of finally putting an end to this embarrassing conversation. "Excellent work, sir. I cannot believe such a masterpiece has unfolded before my very eyes. The way the brown and the...the blue(?)have come together on such an angle. It is perhaps the most striking renxition I've ever seen of...of...Oh, I don't know. What is it, a pidgeon?" The Arcosian shrugged, unable to hold the facade for very long in the face unrelenting stupidity.

Fearing the worst as the Chief gave him a puzzled expression and hopped on Flasshu's shoulder to whisper something in his ear, Blizzar prepared to defend himself.

"Ah..." Flasshu nodded appreciatively, to Blizzar's surprise. The chief is surprised you guessed it so quickly."

Blizzar blinked. So it....was a sort of challenge then. A test perhaps. His mood picked up considerably as the Chief whispered something into Stragge's ear next. Perhaps these mind games had a purpose after all!

"Of course this means the Chief's painting skills are not quite up to par. He'll have to try harder next time," Stragge informed him as the Durive, enraged ripped the portrait from the easel and violently crumpets it into a ball, in doing so, slipping from the desk and colliding with the floor, resulting in immediate unconsciousness.

Blizzar gave a drawn put sigh and began to think of his bank account. Only happy thoughts would carry him through this aggravating madness.

Qaztoh is in her room still building her virtual testing simulator. " Okay I'm almost finished. I just need to install the last few components and program the software, then I'm done," Qaztoh said.

Khan is at his home still watching a episode of The Fantastic Adventures of Termite Man and he quotes Professor Weather," You're too late Termite Man I already activated my floodotator! Soon Capital City will be under water , and the rest of the world will know the name Professor Von Pokey Dokoberry. This city and the world that mocked and denied me my right to build an out door pool on my own land will know my brilliance," Professor Weather said.

"Oh man Professor Weather and his crazy schemes, he's always a riot ," Khan said.

Khan then quotes Termite man ," Okay that sounds like a stupid reason to flood a entire city just because The city won't allow you to build an out door pool. You know you can just buy a indoor pool right ?" Oh but I'm sure flooding the city with a overly complex invention will make everyone know your name and isn't overkill at all!" Termite Man Said.

" Man I just love Crank's aka Termite man's deadpan humor," Khan said.

On the Television Professor Weather points at Termite Man and Khan quotes him ," Hey don't you dare mock me I'm being dead serious here, and besides I don't want a indoor pool, and if the city won't allowed me to have a outdoor pool, than the city will face my wrath," Professor Weather said.

"Oh man I forgot how overly dramatic Professor Weather was in this episode," Khan said.

On the television Termite man just yawns and looks at Professor Weather with a deadpan expression on his face , " Okay I get it you're pissed off at the city, but that doesn't mean you have to flood it. That's going overboard, and most sane people would just file a complaint. Yeah this whole plan of yours is really unnecessary ," Termite Man said.

"Oh man I just love Crank in this episode , " Khan said.

As the show goes on Professor Weather stares at Termite man , " Yeah like I want to wait in long ass line , no thank you. It's better that I just flood the city! Now do you want to know how my invention works? " Professor Weather said.

"Oh man here we go Professor Weather is going to monologue, " Khan said.

Termite man just tilts his head." Not really ," Termite Man said.

"Oh man I just love how Crank looks at Professor Weather in this scene," Khan said.

On the television Professor Weather starts telling Termite man how the Floodotator works , " Now you know how my invention works isn't it a stroke of genius Termite Man," Professor Weather said.

"Oh man I just love how Termite man isn't even paying attention to Professor Weather in this scene, " Khan said.

In the next scene Termite Man yawns." Okay yeah I wasn't even paying attention to a word you just said. You were just monologuing to yourself dude, because you obviously like to hear yourself talk," Termite Man said.

"Oh man Crank's deadpan reaction here in this scene is great," Khan said. Khan pauses the episode and gets up out of his chair. " Man I really love this show , and Crank's deadpan humor , and the outrageous cast of villains he has to face is what makes this show so great. Well I'm going to go into the kitchen now to cook myself a burrito ," Khan said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-29-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Wilhelm calmly takes pictures of the scrawlings as his lights scan over each wall, ceiling, and floor.

Meanwhile, the nexus seems to be a located in the back room. Moving there, a cylinder of liquid suspends a green looking gemstone. The nexus, it seems.

Wilhelm touches a button and lights flicker on inside the building, computers in the back powering up.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm calmly takes pictures of the scrawlings as his lights scan over each wall, ceiling, and floor.

Meanwhile, the nexus seems to be a located in the back room. Moving there, a cylinder of liquid suspends a green looking gemstone. The nexus, it seems.

Wilhelm touches a button and lights flicker on inside the building, computers in the back powering up.
    Parsley moved to the doorway of the back room. The nexus was in the form of a gem, much like the previous timeline, and was encased in a cylinder of green liquid. Curious, but not insurmountable.

She cautiously, but quickly approached the cylinder and looked for a button to drain and open it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The Flash Cutter he cast before them earlier came to a stop above the homestead, the light of the energy falling over a uniform dome. Even diminished as it was, the familiar dome shape was as uniform as any on their world. Whether in the refurbishment projects of Capital City, to the wilds on the very brink of civilization, it was alike in structure to its father that stood atop the Geofront.

A Capsule house...

Shedding light upon the outside, Ochazuke created a second impromptu lamp with a second Flash Cutter, and sent it adrift within the house. Then, moving in tandem with Parsley, as she moved to investigate the inside, he surveyed the outside of the manufactured domicile.

Taking a knee on the deadened earth, he flattened his palm against the ground, and in the dead space sought a whisper from the Earth as it still turned, reaching, perhaps, for something that was not there; a wake, a resonance, where this had all began. Muhen Seikai Keihatsu.
    OOC: Just double-checking to see if there's anything going on outside of the Capsule House at all.

...perhaps residuals of experimental testing grounds, say. Of the sort involving magic and time?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: Just double-checking to see if there's anything going on outside of the Capsule House at all.

...perhaps residuals of experimental testing grounds, say. Of the sort involving magic and time?
    Trace Temporal energies are found outside, but that’s it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM