Page 174 of 294 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ehh....I need something to drink Ero....." The Id hopped down from her box and started trudging to the exit. ".....Erosa will be back for more after she had something to eat. Ishy take over trash talk til I get back."
    Ishtar simply blinked, before nodding once. "I will be sure to 'hold the fort' as it were."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Finished mating have we?"

In all honesty, Rex had doubted Ishtar would even remember that conversation, what with how aroused Sarada had made in angering him. Still, this was a confrontation he had been hoping for just as much as he had with Ochazuke, so it was only polite to greet her, face to face. The egg-like clouds of fukushuu dissipated, revealing the effects it had on the saurian. Scales across certain portions of his body had hardened, resembling armor plating, though he still retained much of his previous features.

"So, let's chat..."
    It seems that he had heard, and the shell of twisted Hakai receded, only for a less disheveled looking humanoid lizard to appear. Which raised an interesting question about the nature of the energy he had seemingly 'created' for himself, yet one Ishtar would hold onto for now. There were much more pressing questions to ask, after all.

"We were interrupted the last time ... yes." Ishtar admitted with a shrug. "Though all the same it was a conversation better served away from ... annoyances." Like people attempting to kill the subject of her interest; or hearing things she'd prefer they not.

"So." Ishtar started, not wasting time with pleasantries. "What was their name, the God of Destruction you pilfered Hakai from ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The shadows seemed to have hidden Azura from Dash's view. Moving in closer, she finally got a better look. As she did, she then smiled as she held out her hand, "Azura, it's a pleasure to meet you again."
    “You as well. Mother said you were called....Dash, I believe.”

She shakes her hand gently.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley nodded. Then, it would be done. ...This would be good for her. That being Azura. And Parsley, too.

It would be good for both of them.

However, Parsley could not find the composure to respond right away. Her focus showed her only a brief glimpse, yet that was all she needed to put the pieces together and begin to form a clearer picture.

Alakazah's devilish smile, too wide for his human skin-suit, flashed in her head. "Alakazah."

This had to have been the ancient dragon's ball, one of seven used to summon him and make a wish upon him. Parsley closed her eyes for a brief moment. Planetary dragons' dragonballs, when they separated after a wish, scattered to the far corners of the planet the dragon was bound to. Alakazah, she imagined, wielded far more power, and thus could not be restrained to such a limitation.

Could his dragonballs scatter to the far reaches of the universe? Was that possible? It was far above her ability to comprehend without more information. But, she had a hunch that that was exactly the case.

More concerning was the fact that he had a shrine dedicated to him. The location of which should have been somewhere in the data she and Ishtar downloaded the day before.

"That dragon's name is Alakazah. He's currently on Earth as I speak." She gripped the ball even more tightly. "It's imperative that he not know he have this ball. Did your mother mention where that shrine was?"
    “Possibly, though not to myself. It should be in her notes you downloaded though.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"A question: what would you say is the average level of power your allies possess?" She asked, her gaze having drifted off into studying the Lookout, "The severity of my training demands will depend on how much ground I will have to cover to match theirs if needed." Her head jerked to one direction in particular, the girl staring off into the distance, her built-in visual interface displayed the results of scanning the planet's surface.

"They're... they're all still alive..."

Thirteen years; it had been thirteen years since she had last seen her family, all of whom had been taken by the Beast during his early rampage. As cold as it might have been, but she hadn't expected them to still exist in this timeline, having long ago buried their memories deep within her heart. Her defenses feel and at this moment, she was eleven years old once more. The urge to run crying into the arms of her parents and grandmother was overwhelming as evident as she took a step forward, yet she stopped herself in her tracks.

She was no longer that eleven-year-old girl; she was no longer human; she was no longer Hibachi.
    She was Shōchū of the Last Call.

Her organic mind, fraught with conflicting emotions, relinquished control over to the cybernetic and she turned back to Eva, "Also, do you possess any alcohol with yeast? I must begin recharging the Chrononaut."
    “A million or so, some more some less. Most likely more, now, after dealing with the Doctor.”

Jack chuckles and nods.

“Yeah, we got booze. All sorts. Zaofan’s real keen to keep us stocked up just in case.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “You as well. Mother said you were called....Dash, I believe.”

She shakes her hand gently.
    "Midori knew of me?" Dash's heart suddenly sank, "Ah wish she hadn't gone rogue. If she coulda just talked with us, before hurting so many people, maybe we could of helped her. Did she know her mother well? Ah mean, when Meagan was younger? Meagan lost her family as well when she was about 5, ah think."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Yes, very much so," said Nevanlinna. "I will not claim it absolutely impregnable, but without both my permission and an entrance created by either me or a... specially-created conduit, so to speak, it has thus far defied attempts to access it. Curiously..."

The threshling paused for a moment, trailing off as she considered whether to finish the thought. Eventually, she decided that she trusted Ishtar enough to continue. "...there is no detectable ki or magical energy whenever I open a portal. I will confess that many of its secrets and mysteries still elude me, most of all just... why I have a connection to this realm. But I digress... yes, I do believe you will find it most secure for whatever you have planned."
    For a moment, Ishtar was silent as she contemplated the benefit -- and more importantly, the risk -- of cluing Nevanlinna into her a portion of her ... plans. As with everything spoken, there was a risk of such falling into the hands of those she'd rather they not.

Though knowing that Vaikuntha was for the most part, secure, did work toward alleviating some of her concerns.

"I would mainly use it as a ... War Room, of sorts." Ishtar finally said, quietly. "Though there are a few, hm." The Oni trailed off for a second before saying, "side projects I wish to explore. With your leave, of course."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Like a whack a mole popping from its hole, Erosa head appeared from behind some boxes the very moment Rex stepped forward from his dissipated egg and fired her spitty payload.

For Ishtar, it might have seemed a bizarre scene....but for Rex, the id had been true to her word and spend the better majority of his time regenerating inside his egg pelting it with spit, various bits of metal, insult and idle banter.

Tragically, it his moment of exposure....Erosa had all but ran out of spit, and her attack fell short of where the dino stood by a couple feet.

"Ehh....I need something to drink Ero....." The Id hopped down from her box and started trudging to the exit. ".....Erosa will be back for more after she had something to eat. Ishy take over trash talk til I get back."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar simply blinked, before nodding once. "I will be sure to 'hold the fort' as it were."
    "She's an annoyance of the highest order, but I respect her spite," Rex admitted once the id was completely out of range, his gaze focusing on the spittle left on the ground.

It seems that he had heard, and the shell of twisted Hakai receded, only for a less disheveled looking humanoid lizard to appear. Which raised an interesting question about the nature of the energy he had seemingly 'created' for himself, yet one Ishtar would hold onto for now. There were much more pressing questions to ask, after all.

"We were interrupted the last time ... yes." Ishtar admitted with a shrug. "Though all the same it was a conversation better served away from ... annoyances." Like people attempting to kill the subject of her interest; or hearing things she'd prefer they not.

"So." Ishtar started, not wasting time with pleasantries. "What was their name, the God of Destruction you pilfered Hakai from ?"
    "You seem to be under an idiotic assumption that I stole this," Rex began, somewhat annoyed that his character was under attack from the oni, "I earned it through trial of combat with that God of Destruction. He sought himself fit to judge Earth deserving of destruction, ignorant to the fact that as the Strongest, it was under my protection," A bitter tone accompanied the last word as the saurian recalled how the humans expressed their "gratitude" to him for saving their miserable lives; with deceit, and betrayal.

"If it truly is important that you know, his name was Yucatan."

---------------

“A million or so, some more some less. Most likely more, now, after dealing with the Doctor.”

Jack chuckles and nods.

“Yeah, we got booze. All sorts. Zaofan’s real keen to keep us stocked up just in case.”
    "... sounds like the Zaofan I know," She said, wistfully.

"Good, once the device begins to charge, I might be able to reconnect to my timeline, if only through data."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Possibly, though not to myself. It should be in her notes you downloaded though.”
    Of course, it was as she thought. And Ishtar had all the capsules with their loot from the station. "I figured. Ishtar has the data." Parsley sighed and stood. "I'll have to get it from her. You can come with me if you want."

Without waiting for an answer, she walked out of the room toward where she sensed Ishtar. No sooner had she taken three steps, she stopped. Rex is there, too? Damn it, Ishtar. The Oni mentioned wanting to speak with the parasite before the others slaughtered him. It seemed that time was now. This is more important. She resumed her gait, albeit more slowly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"She's an annoyance of the highest order, but I respect her spite," Rex admitted once the id was completely out of range, his gaze focusing on the spittle left on the ground.
    "Also too, is she willing to do what is necessary to protect what she values," Ishtar commented, recalling how she had sacrificed herself; first with Fate and then again against Glacia. And that an Id would sacrifice instant gratification to protect what she cared for, was simply "... paradoxical, really."

More of a reason to respect her, in the Oni's opinion. Though in the conversation to come such was neither here nor there.

"You seem to be under an idiotic assumption that I stole this," Rex began, somewhat annoyed that his character was under attack from the oni, "I earned it through trial of combat with that God of Destruction. He sought himself fit to judge Earth deserving of destruction, ignorant to the fact that as the Strongest, it was under my protection," A bitter tone accompanied the last word as the saurian recalled how the humans expressed their "gratitude" to him for saving their miserable lives; with deceit, and betrayal.

"If it truly is important that you know, his name was Yucatan."
    Yucatan.

Now she had a name and it seemed, a motive: Rex had defended his home -- though she was sure not out of something so simple as altrusim -- and struck down one who would pass judgment ... provided this creature, was not attempting to deceive her of course. Though ... Given the air Rex spoke with, Ishtar would be surprised if he was simply seeking to deceive. Proud of his 'achievement' was the self-titled "Strongest"; and unwilling it seemed to let the Universe forget that it had been repaid with only lies, and betrayal.

Her brow furrowed.

That was a ... trend she was beginning to loathe, this realizing of commonalities between herself and 'monsters'. Though more problematic than this shared 'repayment', was Rex's comments towards his theft.

"I ..." the Oni replied, intent on simply explain how it was theft, and of the most grevious kind. Only to realize in the moment -- and something she should have keyed in on sooner -- that as much as it was the taking of something not meant for him. It also, simply ... wasn't theft. As much her and Parsley's acquisition of First Race technology, artifacts, and alloys was.

"I suppose you did ... earn it, yes." Ishtar finally said, carefully. "I apologize for implying otherwise." She then said.

"As to its importance ? More than you realize." the Oni continued, eyeing the Saurian with something of a newfound -- if not grudging -- respect. "Assuming you are familiar with the Fallen Creation God, it was assured that Hakai was secure in its creation. Yet here you stand as further proof. Though ... my questioning is hardly to do with something so profoundly petty. For what is the word of a God, to a non-believer ?"

The Oni said, flashing a hungry smile. Before stating, flatly. "No it is important because ... I want to know how you twisted it."

Arx Inosaan

"Also too, is she willing to do what is necessary to protect what she values," Ishtar commented, recalling how she had sacrificed herself; first with Fate and then again against Glacia. And that an Id would sacrifice instant gratification to protect what she cared for, was simply "... paradoxical, really."

More of a reason to respect her, in the Oni's opinion. Though in the conversation to come such was neither here nor there.
    "A shame she chooses to use that hatred and loyalty against me," He stated, letting that be the last of that matter for now.

Yucatan.

Now she had a name and it seemed, a motive: Rex had defended his home -- though she was sure not out of something so simple as altrusim -- and struck down one who would pass judgment ... provided this creature, was not attempting to deceive her of course. Though ... Given the air Rex spoke with, Ishtar would be surprised if he was simply seeking to deceive. Proud of his 'achievement' was the self-titled "Strongest"; and unwilling it seemed to let the Universe forget that it had been repaid with only lies, and betrayal.

Her brow furrowed.

That was a ... trend she was beginning to loathe, this realizing of commonalities between herself and 'monsters'. Though more problematic than this shared 'repayment', was Rex's comments towards his theft.

"I ..." the Oni replied, intent on simply explain how it was theft, and of the most grevious kind. Only to realize in the moment -- and something she should have keyed in on sooner -- that as much as it was the taking of something not meant for him. It also, simply ... wasn't theft. As much her and Parsley's acquisition of First Race technology, artifacts, and alloys was.

"I suppose you did ... earn it, yes." Ishtar finally said, carefully. "I apologize for implying otherwise." She then said.
    Rex was rather surprised by this. Having been accosted by the oni's lover, he had expected another tirade of threats, but it seems Ishtar was much more sensible.

Perhaps there was a kinship between them more than the hakai they shared.

"You have proven yourself the most mature among this brigade so far," He began, "It's as equally shame the others can't see to reason as you do."

"As to its importance ? More than you realize." the Oni continued, eyeing the Saurian with something of a newfound -- if not grudging -- respect. "Assuming you are familiar with the Fallen Creation God, it was assured that Hakai was secure in its creation. Yet here you stand as further proof. Though ... my questioning is hardly to do with something so profoundly petty. For what is the word of a God, to a non-believer ?"

The Oni said, flashing a hungry smile. Before stating, flatly. "No it is important because ... I want to know how you twisted it."
    So that was it; the root of her questioning. A deep rumbling of laughter welled up from him, soothing the weariness the earlier confrontations with the others had brought him. It had been some time since he had encounter someone like her, someone other than the Ogatan tribe who had shown such promise.

"Curious are we? In most cases, I would demand a tithe for such knowledge, but I'll make an exception for you..."

Raising an open palm upward, the saurian brought forth a small, dime-sized orb of fukushuu and with it the harsh and scratchy whispers from beyond the veil, "When I devoured Yucatan, his life essence became mine, and so with it, his hakai. Such as all things should," Rex began, spinning up his sordid tale, "When the humans betrayed my guidance, I and the hakai died...and yet I still lived."

Closing his hand, the energy vanished, back to oblivion, "Creation and Destruction: counter scales of balance, for without one, there can be no other. When I became the unliving, a paradox unrestrained from the cycle of life of death, I subjected that hakai to the very same paradox over the course thousands of generations. In an attempt to right itself, it forced itself into something else. If it could no longer be the power of creation, nor destruction, it would become the force of which it was subjected to: the regret, bitterness, madness, sorrow, and rage of the dying, the dead, and those who lingered beyond."

Blizzar stirred as a device hovering by his side blinked several times. "Ah, encryption comete..." Blizzar noted, in regards to the files he had swiped from Midori's computer. He took a quick glance over the files names, attempting to find any that stood out to him.

Rex was rather surprised by this. Having been accosted by the oni's lover, he had expected another tirade of threats, but it seems Ishtar was much more sensible.

Perhaps there was a kinship between them more than the hakai they shared.

"You have proven yourself the most mature among this brigade so far," He began, "It's as equally shame the others can't see to reason as you do."
    Ishtar shrugged at this before saying, "I feel that most threats are by their very nature hollow; so I do not bother with them myself. If I truly wish someone harm I do not waste the effort to express it angrily. I see to making it happen and offer words only after it is done." Though beyond that, there was another reason that was itself far more simple. "Beyond that you have been rather cordial, and without knowing the full context of how you came to be I am not wont to pass undue -- and otherwise needed -- judgment."

Which was an admittedly roundabout way of expressing that ... Ishtar had no reason to hate, or harm Rex for the moment. So she wouldn't. And if she did at some point find a reason, he wouldn't know until she began to lay into him.

So that was it; the root of her questioning. A deep rumbling of laughter welled up from him, soothing the weariness the earlier confrontations with the others had brought him. It had been some time since he had encounter someone like her, someone other than the Ogatan tribe who had shown such promise.

"Curious are we? In most cases, I would demand a tithe for such knowledge, but I'll make an exception for you..."

Raising an open palm upward, the saurian brought forth a small, dime-sized orb of fukushuu and with it the harsh and scratchy whispers from beyond the veil, "When I devoured Yucatan, his life essence became mine, and so with it, his hakai. Such as all things should," Rex began, spinning up his sordid tale, "When the humans betrayed my guidance, I and the hakai died...and yet I still lived."

Closing his hand, the energy vanished, back to oblivion, "Creation and Destruction: counter scales of balance, for without one, there can be no other. When I became the unliving, a paradox unrestrained from the cycle of life of death, I subjected that hakai to the very same paradox over the course thousands of generations. In an attempt to right itself, it forced itself into something else. If it could no longer be the power of creation, nor destruction, it would become the force of which it was subjected to: the regret, bitterness, madness, sorrow, and rage of the dying, the dead, and those who lingered beyond."
    How proud he was of what he'd done ... and in hearing it spoken so plainly Ishtar couldn't help but appreciate it, herself.

After acquiring Hakai by consuming Yucatan, he had made it his own; and for a time that had been the end of it. A Dinosaur in possession of thought, and a wellspring of Godly energy. Yet it seemed that the early humans had found themselves ... possessed of will to act -- and in his words this action was betrayal -- and had struck him down only for his soul to linger: and over the course of thousands and thousands of years he reforged Hakai into something new by subjecting it to the lingering essence of those damned to limbo.

Which ... explained why the energy he held in his talons seemed to whisper half-legible nothings from those selfsame cursed souls.

And in hearing all of what she said, she could only nod and smile for a time as it was processed ... and when she finally had; something else was made known to her. Rex's measure. And what she'd assumed upon first meeting him had been met only with a confirmation. Delightful. So when the time came for the golden-eyed Oni to reply, she did so by addressing the question he posed before settling into his recounting. "It is the bane of my species, curiosity. Though ... I must profess none have managed to make proper use of it, as I have. I suppose you might call them 'weak'." A slight levied at Marduk, and Teshub certainly. Though one that was not without merit, or truth for the whole of her 'former' species.

"Though ... I find myself amused at how similar we are," the Oni commented before holding up her own hand, a globule of Void Energy coalescing before igniting and vanishing in an explosive flash. "In any case; from what you have said this energy of yours. It is an amalgamation of lost souls, is it not ?" A thing that intrigued Ishtar more perhaps, than the Hakai itself.

For only one other she knew of had harnessed souls in like fashion ...

Arx Inosaan

Praxat is still in the cockpit snacking on a meal and looking at a web page for Deoyama that tells of the planet's history. One of the passages on the webpage reads. While other planets were looking towards the stars and progression their space exploration programs, we Espers were doing something different.

We were furthering our progress in communication and audio technology. The communication and audio tech on our planet is perhaps the best communication and audio tech you can find anywhere! We pride of selves in our communication and audio technological advancements.

" We Epsers have created several audio formats and audio codecs. We're even working on our latest audio format and audio codec. Praxat browser through the page some more and stops. ( Hmm It might be a good idea to stop by Demoya and pick up some communication and audio tech,) Praxat thought.

(Maybe I should suggest going there to Jinzi?) Praxat thought.

Meanwhile, Althena is eating some food.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-24-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Somewhere within the ship, Sarada was sleeping peacefully in the middle of an utterly destroyed utility closet. Contrary to popular belief, the damage wasn't entirely from the mating, but rather the short wrestling skirmish they had just prior. They always grappled before mating to determine who the bottom was going to be. Sarada may have thrown the match intentionally.

The only time she was glad to lose.

Heheh.

The feeling in her legs had never disappeared so quickly. Holy **** what a ride. If Ishtar was that aggressive and dominating every time she tried to intimidate someone, she was never winning another grapple with her again.

She stirred awake and yawned. "What time is it?" Ah, ****, she didn't think her watch worked way out in the fucking space-boonies. "Wait, are we still in the space-boonies?" Surely by now they must have been back to Earth. Or at least close to it. "I hope so!" She stood and stretched. A good fucking was just what she needed; she was in such a better mood than she was yesterday. Her arm was still gone, but she was about to get another kick-ass cyber-arm.

AH! I'd better let Jinzi know what I want with it.

She didn't bother getting dressed and quickly ran through the ship toward the cockpit where she knew Jinzi was. "Hey ~ Jinzi ~" she called from the door. "I need a new arm."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In the cockpit, Praxat has finish eating. (Hmm, I wonder if Midori knew me?" Hmm, Sarada's missing an arm. Maybe I should make an automail arm for her,) Praxat thought.

(Making something like an automail arm should be a piece of cake for me. After all, I modified an energy stabilizer in a power amplifier, and turn a giant mech into power armor. That reminds me I need to make a spare energy stabilizer for my Jobox,) Praxat thought.

( It's too risky to use a Jobox with only one energy stabilizer. It takes two energy stabilizers to stabilize the vortex that is created inside the Jobox when it's activated. Two energy stabilizers are needed to keep vortex inside the Jobox from growing out of control and sucking up everything in its path,) Praxat thought.

Meanwhile, Althena is still eating. ( I wish there was something I could have done to help Midori. Maybe if I had met her before all this, I could have helped her?) Althena thought.

( But at last, there was no way around it Midori had to die for the sake of the universe. I don't enjoy taking or see someone's life being taken. With Midori, there was no other option, ) Althena thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-25-2019 at 12:04 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.