Page 176 of 294 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi sweat drops.

“The hell is with you and Ishtar and losing body parts. Is it at least the one with the mechanical hand already?”
    She laughed and quickly ran up to him. As she sidled up beside him, she threw her remaining arm around his neck. "Nope, sorry. But hey, look on the bright side, now me and Ishtar can have matching cyber arms. Isn't that kick-ass?!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah'm on my way. Ah'll tell you when ah get there." Dash then makes her way through the ship to where Jinzi is.

Seeing him, she approaches, "Hey, Jinzi. Ah was wonderin. Did you see any of the fight with those Golem things?"
    “Ehh.....not really? Some, but Inwas a bit worried about not getting crushed. Why, what’s up?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She laughed and quickly ran up to him. As she sidled up beside him, she threw her remaining arm around his neck. "Nope, sorry. But hey, look on the bright side, now me and Ishtar can have matching cyber arms. Isn't that kick-ass?!"
    Turning back to her he shakes his head.

“Kami, Sarada, between the two of you I’ve nearly made a third person. Ok, ok, what specifics do you want for this one?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"An what happen'd to you?" Dash, standing back and off to the side of Jinzi, understood now what had him so amazed, "Did a golem take your arm?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The file reveals her research into the First Race Golems they encountered, and how they acted as ‘castellans’ to the Star Forge and guardians while the First Race was away. She believes each First Race location would have such creatures, each type different. The pocket dimension attached to the walls and ceiling and floors were beyond her ability to duplicate at the time.
    Interesting...Blizzar saved the file and made a copy to forward to the GP as well as another to forward to Pantaloon...or perhaps a price. Jinzi was no slouch himself and the monetary department after all. If his alternate timeline daughter couldn't fork over the cash, then perhaps...the Arcosian paused in his musings, as he spotted Durive peeking around a corner, glaring at him.

Choosing at this moment to simply ignore his superior officer, Blizzar set out to type out his price. He suddenly leaped up startled, once again by Durive, as it appeared the diminutive chief had somehow moved several steps closer without so much as a sound, all the while staring at Blizzar, motionless.

Giving a resigned grumble, Blizzar forwarded the information to Jinzi free of charge. He supposed the information should be shared with the group eventually anyway.

The Lieutenant turned his head again and Durive was nowhere to be seen. Almost a relief, though Blizzar wasn't entirely certain exactly what was so alarming about what was ostensibly a walking box in the first placr .

Shaking the last few moments of his life off, he went ahead and opened the file on the Star Forge.

“Ehh.....not really? Some, but Inwas a bit worried about not getting crushed. Why, what’s up?”
    "Oh, yeah that makes sense." Dash felt a twinge of disappointment, "Ah was wonderin how ah managed to hold off that giant golem an not get squished. Ah'm a little fuzzy about what happened."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Turning back to her he shakes his head.

“Kami, Sarada, between the two of you I’ve nearly made a third person. Ok, ok, what specifics do you want for this one?”
    Jeez, what kind of cool **** did she want her new arm to have?

"Well, it doesn't have to vibrate, so no worries there." She had her new hand for that. "Um... oh! Parsley has some of that super katchin. Make it out of that and make sure I can punch **** really hard when it's done. Don't really need anything else beyond that."

"An what happen'd to you?" Dash, standing back and off to the side of Jinzi, understood now what had him so amazed, "Did a golem take your arm?"
    "Eh?" Dash was really only just now noticing that Sarada was down an arm? Just how out of it was she yesterday? They had a whole ass conversation and everything! "Those chumps? Pssh! Nah. I punched Midori so hard, my arm shattered. Almost killed me, but I got the final blow."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Well, it doesn't have to vibrate, so no worries there." She had her new hand for that. "Um... oh! Parsley has some of that super katchin. Make it out of that and make sure I can punch **** really hard when it's done. Don't really need anything else beyond that."

"Eh?" Dash was really only just now noticing that Sarada was down an arm? Just how out of it was she yesterday? They had a whole ass conversation and everything! "Those chumps? Pssh! Nah. I punched Midori so hard, my arm shattered. Almost killed me, but I got the final blow."
    "Oh, yeah, right. Ah was a bit distracted." Dash was still a bit distracted, but she tried to shake it off, "Glad you recovered okay, an that losin an arm hasn't dampened your spirits none."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Not Necromancy ... how curious." Isthar muttered, when Rex corrected her.

Though in thinking on it, perhaps she had been a bit too eager to jump that conclusion. The Saurian did not smell of magics, nor did Charco -- the body he wore -- quite the opposite. Though really such knowledge only served to heighten her curiosity when, with another flick of his talons; Rex produced another globule of Ghost Hakai and bade her listen close. So she did, leaning in with a twinkle in her eye.

Only to hear something that caused her to raise her eyebrow and mutter under her breath, "... I see now. Something new ... my my."

When her appraisal finally finished, Ishtar was quick to right herself before confirming -- hopefully -- that she understood now what Rex had done. "You took negative emotions ... the engery, and used it to warp Hakai. In all my years, I have seen nothing similar." And in the end, it was not worry that colored the Oni's tone, but respect.

"I know well my allies and lover seek to kill you, and considering the corpse you have ... repurposed," Ishtar said then eyes fixed on the Saurian as she considered the situation. "I am inclined to at the least not trust you ..." especially knowing what he'd done to at least one individual powerful enough to be considered a God, "yet this," she said as she gestured at the Fukushuu energy, "laudable."

Though something that had transpired not a week before caused her to pause, and blink as she realized something she likely should have, sooner.

"You ... Charco." No, for all his might the boy had not possessed this energy. At least not knowingly, "... You struck me with this in Capital City, did you not ? After I struck the hybrid in the back with a missile."
    "I did," He admitted, "That abomination was the first decent fight I had in some time, so I was not prepared to share him." Now that he thought of it, whatever happened to the abomination? Hopefully, he finally took a look in the mirror and ended himself upon the realization of his nature, but that would have denied Rex the opportunity to correct that assault against nature.

"As for Charco... as I've said before, Charco is not dead, not quite. His little... act of rebellion might against might have been enough to kill his conscious mind," The fact that Charco had put him on the backfoot right now annoyed the saurian, but he had made do with the results, "Should he return to coherency, I hope he is of a more agreeable position. While the others have relished in painting me a villain in opposition to the boy, I would much prefer to work together with him. I was just as important a teacher to him as was your Kami."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "... sounds like the Zaofan I know," She said, wistfully.

"Good, once the device begins to charge, I might be able to reconnect to my timeline, if only through data."
    It didn't take long for her to track down Zaofan's supply of alcohol, her sensors quickly determining their location upon attuning to the chemical composition. Whether it was for cooking or outright consumption when it came to this timeline's Zaofan wasn't certain, but she took little time before she lifted one of the kegs of beer above her head and guzzled the brew down. Upon introduction to her system, her visual display began flashing, indicating that her liver was prepared to handle the sudden influx, along with a separate UI depicting the current charge of the Chrononaut 1.480 BAC.

When she had had her current fill, Shōchū set the keg down, the sounds of sloshing within giving the general impression that only half of its original capacity now remained.

"There," she said, wiping her lips with the back of her hand, "The Chrononaut should be able to make use of that amount for the time being."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Interesting...Blizzar saved the file and made a copy to forward to the GP as well as another to forward to Pantaloon...or perhaps a price. Jinzi was no slouch himself and the monetary department after all. If his alternate timeline daughter couldn't fork over the cash, then perhaps...the Arcosian paused in his musings, as he spotted Durive peeking around a corner, glaring at him.

Choosing at this moment to simply ignore his superior officer, Blizzar set out to type out his price. He suddenly leaped up startled, once again by Durive, as it appeared the diminutive chief had somehow moved several steps closer without so much as a sound, all the while staring at Blizzar, motionless.

Giving a resigned grumble, Blizzar forwarded the information to Jinzi free of charge. He supposed the information should be shared with the group eventually anyway.

The Lieutenant turned his head again and Durive was nowhere to be seen. Almost a relief, though Blizzar wasn't entirely certain exactly what was so alarming about what was ostensibly a walking box in the first placr .

Shaking the last few moments of his life off, he went ahead and opened the file on the Star Forge.

Old. Midori pegged the Star Forge at right around 10,000,000 years old. Most of it was what humans would call “Mothballed” by the First Race, the technology and stuff there outdated and no longer of use to them.

The main resource, the energy katchin, was still mined but otherwise the shipyards and the like were all obsolete.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Oh, yeah that makes sense." Dash felt a twinge of disappointment, "Ah was wonderin how ah managed to hold off that giant golem an not get squished. Ah'm a little fuzzy about what happened."
    “The Coldlight probably has a video record of it. Try a computer and see if it’s got a recording.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He sweat-drops again.

“The...the Uber katchin might take a bit to gorge and mold, you know.
    But I’ll try my best.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It didn't take long for her to track down Zaofan's supply of alcohol, her sensors quickly determining their location upon attuning to the chemical composition. Whether it was for cooking or outright consumption when it came to this timeline's Zaofan wasn't certain, but she took little time before she lifted one of the kegs of beer above her head and guzzled the brew down. Upon introduction to her system, her visual display began flashing, indicating that her liver was prepared to handle the sudden influx, along with a separate UI depicting the current charge of the Chrononaut 1.480 BAC.

When she had had her current fill, Shōchū set the keg down, the sounds of sloshing within giving the general impression that only half of its original capacity now remained.

"There," she said, wiping her lips with the back of her hand, "The Chrononaut should be able to make use of that amount for the time being."
    Jack and Eva just look on, impressed.

“So that’s a genuine time machine huh? Beats having to go through the doors every time.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jack and Eva just look on, impressed.

“So that’s a genuine time machine huh? Beats having to go through the doors every time.”
    "The Chrononaut 1.480 BAC absorbs the temporal energy of organic matter," Shōchū began, explaining, "While it can be charged through my own energy or the consumption of larger foods, the amount of yeast in beer, although short in lifespan, makes up for it in quantity in the least amount of time."

Warning indicators went off within, but by that point, she was already feeling the effects of what alcohol her enhanced liver hadn't managed to filter through.

"This timeline's alcohol..." Shōchū said, feeling a vague sense of numbness in her mouth, "Is mucsh... stronger."