Page 177 of 294 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Old. Midori pegged the Star Forge at right around 10,000,000 years old. Most of it was what humans would call “Mothballed” by the First Race, the technology and stuff there outdated and no longer of use to them.

The main resource, the energy katchin, was still mined but otherwise the shipyards and the like were all obsolete.
    Blizzar made a copy of the file anyway as well as the Star Forge's coordinates anyway. Technology that old may have been decreed of no use but there are plenty of historians and junkers that would pay a hefty fine for the salvage of such tech, he wagered.

All that was left was the Shrine of the Old Dragon.

" Hey, Jinzi can I help with making the mechanical arm for Sarada?" I have experience with mechanical appendages. Before I even came to Earth. I knew of a person who had a mechanical right arm," Praxat said.

" This person made various spare mechanical arms for herself. She's a brilliant scientist and an amazing engineer. You remind me of her Jinzi," Praxat said.

Praxat then gets up out of her seat and hugs Dash." Oh and thank you Dash for suggesting to Althena to use the water shower. I own you and Althena my life," Praxat said.

" What I did during the fight with the giant golems was risky, but it paid off my power amplifier work like a charm. To boost my power armor beyond its technical limitations. Even if it did almost cost me my life," Praxat whispered to Dash.

(I should apologize to Althena for firing that heat beam at her during the Golem fight. I was betting on Althena to use the Rebound Flash Boost Counter to reflect the beam. If she wasn't successful in pull it off. I would have hit her with the heat beam,) Praxat thought.

Praxat goes back to her seat. ( If I ever lost an arm I would just make myself an Automail arm replacement. When I was a child. I would watch my grandmother Araxat created various Automail arms,) Praxat thought.

( My grandmother has a mechanical right arm. I don't know how she lost her original right arm. She never told me, or the family,) Praxat thought.

(I took notes from my grandmother's work. So I pretty much know my way around designing and making mechanical appendages. We Toadians can regenerate, but our regeneration is limited,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-26-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He sweat-drops again.

“The...the Uber katchin might take a bit to gorge and mold, you know.
    But I’ll try my best.”
    "Just make me a place-holder like my hand. If you aren't done by the time I leave, then just... ah, let me know and I'll stop by and pick it up." It was asking a lot, but she knew that Jinzi wouldn't mind. He loved tinkering with **** like this, plus it'd give him an opportunity to play with a new material.

"And since you're doing so much work for me lately, I'll be sure to pay you handsomely. Money probably means nothing to you, so what do you want? Just name it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh, yeah, right. Ah was a bit distracted." Dash was still a bit distracted, but she tried to shake it off, "Glad you recovered okay, an that losin an arm hasn't dampened your spirits none."
    "Nah," she responded with a dismissive wave. "If anything, I wish I had gotten hurt worse. Then I'd get a zenkai and get even stronger!" As it stood, she doubted she'd get much of anything. Only losing an arm wasn't a near-fatal injury, sadly. Why couldn't Midori have actually been a challenge instead of up her own ass like a complete choade. Tch. Time-locked bitch couldn't even fight, even with her mother's enormous array of abilities.

Hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hey, Jinzi can I help with making the mechanical arm for Sarada?" I have experience with mechanical appendages. Before I even came to Earth. I knew of a person who had a mechanical right arm," Praxat said.

" This person made various spare mechanical arms for herself. She's a brilliant scientist and an amazing engineer. You remind me of her Jinzi," Praxat said.
    Sarada's face said all that needed to be said. "No, that's alright, Praxat. I'm sure Jinzi can handle it just fine."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I did," He admitted, "That abomination was the first decent fight I had in some time, so I was not prepared to share him." Now that he thought of it, whatever happened to the abomination? Hopefully, he finally took a look in the mirror and ended himself upon the realization of his nature, but that would have denied Rex the opportunity to correct that assault against nature.

"As for Charco... as I've said before, Charco is not dead, not quite. His little... act of rebellion might against might have been enough to kill his conscious mind," The fact that Charco had put him on the backfoot right now annoyed the saurian, but he had made do with the results, "Should he return to coherency, I hope he is of a more agreeable position. While the others have relished in painting me a villain in opposition to the boy, I would much prefer to work together with him. I was just as important a teacher to him as was your Kami."
    Ishtar chuckled. "Well, no harm done. My time with the Saiyans has brought me around to enjoying a good fight; beyond that ... I do not recall it doing more than burn away my clothing." It did help however to organise what information had on the matter -- and duality -- of the Dinosaur School Student.

Though what Rex had followed it up with was by far more curious.

When he'd first uttered it, she'd simply assumed that he was referring to the fact that he was inhabiting what remained of Charco's corpse. Which, while grisly and in a past life something that would have been an executable offense ... did not overly harm anyone -- considering the original owner was dead, and could be given a new body with the Dragonballs -- but Rex's clarification emphasized that Charco had maybe not died at all.

So where then did that leave Rex ?

"I see ..." Ishtar's eyes lost their twinkle. "If that is true, then it is the only thing that will keep the others from tearing you to pieces." The Oni stated matter of fact. "And while working together with the boy should he ... return, is something I would champion ... trust is earned and perceptions are hard to change. Though ... the Majin is an example of a similar situation turned successful. "

This was not about her, of course but the others. The Oni, for some reason, seemed to care little -- at least on the face of things -- about the current situation. Yet whether or not the Saurian cared for her advice was also of little concern; given her nature however -- and the inability to lie -- it was offered alongside the possibility of her backing, all the same.

As a tithe, perhaps.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Just make me a place-holder like my hand. If you aren't done by the time I leave, then just... ah, let me know and I'll stop by and pick it up." It was asking a lot, but she knew that Jinzi wouldn't mind. He loved tinkering with **** like this, plus it'd give him an opportunity to play with a new material.

"And since you're doing so much work for me lately, I'll be sure to pay you handsomely. Money probably means nothing to you, so what do you want? Just name it."

"Nah," she responded with a dismissive wave. "If anything, I wish I had gotten hurt worse. Then I'd get a zenkai and get even stronger!" As it stood, she doubted she'd get much of anything. Only losing an arm wasn't a near-fatal injury, sadly. Why couldn't Midori have actually been a challenge instead of up her own ass like a complete choade. Tch. Time-locked bitch couldn't even fight, even with her mother's enormous array of abilities.

Hmph.

Sarada's face said all that needed to be said. "No, that's alright, Praxat. I'm sure Jinzi can handle it just fine."
    "Are you sure?" Dash smirked slightly, looked to Praxit, then Jinzi, then back to Sarada, her smile becoming more sympathetic, "Jin's becomin an expert in limb replacement."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Are you sure?" Dash smirked slightly, looked to Praxit, then Jinzi, then back to Sarada, her smile becoming more sympathetic, "Jin's becomin an expert in limb replacement."

" Dash it's fine. I trust in Sarada's judgment," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar made a copy of the file anyway as well as the Star Forge's coordinates anyway. Technology that old may have been decreed of no use but there are plenty of historians and junkers that would pay a hefty fine for the salvage of such tech, he wagered.

All that was left was the Shrine of the Old Dragon.
    Just to note, the Star Forge was considered outdated by the terms of the First Race. My current galactic standards, the tech is cutting edge or better.

IC:

The Shrine appears to be an ancient location dedicated to the worship of a dragon of some sort. Midori discovered it about a year ago, along with two artifacts. The location of it is given in strange galactic coordinates, but eventually are revealed to be....on earth.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi smiles and shakes his head.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Just to speed things along a bit. Time posts back if needed.

Slowly the repairs are completed, and once the ship is ready, Jinzi has P-Sta and Held punch it.

In the time it takes to get home, Jinzi works feverishly in the workshop and at least comes up with a competent and useable arm for Sarada. It’s pedestrian, but useable and he promises to get her a much better one within the next month or so. Same with her hand.

When they reach Earth, Jinzi gets chewed out by Mira’s Thane as she takes the Coldlight back for damages. With the promise of a massive bill heading his way, Jinzi pilots them all back down to the Lookout in a Capsule Corp vehicle.

And now they are all back on the Lookout.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Just to speed things along a bit. Time posts back if needed.

Slowly the repairs are completed, and once the ship is ready, Jinzi has P-Sta and Held punch it.

In the time it takes to get home, Jinzi works feverishly in the workshop and at least comes up with a competent and useable arm for Sarada. It’s pedestrian, but useable and he promises to get her a much better one within the next month or so. Same with her hand.

When they reach Earth, Jinzi gets chewed out by Mira’s Thane as she takes the Coldlight back for damages. With the promise of a massive bill heading his way, Jinzi pilots them all back down to the Lookout in a Capsule Corp vehicle.

And now they are all back on the Lookout.
    Finally back on the Lookout proper, Ishtar takes a moment to simply take in feelings of 'success'. Only to remember that there was a matter somewhat pressing that the Oni wished to discuss with none other than ...

"Jinzi," the Oni says, to catch the man's attention. "I recovered an ... arm, with some interesting properties. I was wondering if it might be possible to work it into my current prosthetic ?" To help determine this, the golden-eyed Oni is quick to produce a capsule and with it an arm that seemed to absorb the light around it. "It belonged to Marduk, but he is ... dead beyond recovery and will no longer be needing it."

The Oni also paused before saying. "I also have a considerable amount of First Race technology and ... one of the Hybrid corpses ... Glacia I believe," she of the horrendous hairdo, "and was wondering if the technology might be worked worked into the arm as well ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Qaztoh would be on the Lookout pointing fingers at Eva and stomp her foot with her skin being a fiery red." Hey who told you, you could take my watch. Give that back it's mine dammit!" Qaztoh said.

Praxat crosses her arms. " Looks like I was right to tell Eva to watch Qaztoh. By the tantrum, she's throwing looks like she was planning on using her teleportation watch to meet up with Alakazah, and things didn't go her way," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-27-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Just to note, the Star Forge was considered outdated by the terms of the First Race. My current galactic standards, the tech is cutting edge or better.

IC:

The Shrine appears to be an ancient location dedicated to the worship of a dragon of some sort. Midori discovered it about a year ago, along with two artifacts. The location of it is given in strange galactic coordinates, but eventually are revealed to be....on earth.
    OT: Noted, although....that simply means the potential buyers have changed lol

IC:

Blizzar wondered briefly what the signifigant of such a temple could be, althoh he quickly began to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

If this is related to who I think it is, then it could prove useful...or perilous.

Blizzar, as he stepped off the ship took a further glance through the files in an attempt to discern what these two artifacts were and what the nature of this temple was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Finally back on the Lookout proper, Ishtar takes a moment to simply take in feelings of 'success'. Only to remember that there was a matter somewhat pressing that the Oni wished to discuss with none other than ...

"Jinzi," the Oni says, to catch the man's attention. "I recovered an ... arm, with some interesting properties. I was wondering if it might be possible to work it into my current prosthetic ?" To help determine this, the golden-eyed Oni is quick to produce a capsule and with it an arm that seemed to absorb the light around it. "It belonged to Marduk, but he is ... dead beyond recovery and will no longer be needing it."

The Oni also paused before saying. "I also have a considerable amount of First Race technology and ... one of the Hybrid corpses ... Glacia I believe," she of the horrendous hairdo, "and was wondering if the technology might be worked worked into the arm as well ?"
    Jinzi’s eyes take on a manic gleam at the mention of the First Race technology.

“Well.....I can start working on it alongside Sarada’s. I’d say give me a month. I should have something by then. Hopefully. Maybe Wheelo and Wilhelm can do some of the lite work on it. Hmm.....”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    OT: Noted, although....that simply means the potential buyers have changed lol

IC:

Blizzar wondered briefly what the signifigant of such a temple could be, althoh he quickly began to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

If this is related to who I think it is, then it could prove useful...or perilous.

Blizzar, as he stepped off the ship took a further glance through the files in an attempt to discern what these two artifacts were and what the nature of this temple was.

One is mentioned as spherical, the other as a dagger of some sort.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi’s eyes take on a manic gleam at the mention of the First Race technology.

“Well.....I can start working on it alongside Sarada’s. I’d say give me a month. I should have something by then. Hopefully. Maybe Wheelo and Wilhelm can do some of the lite work on it. Hmm.....”
    Ishtar chuckles. "I knew that might catch your attention. There are ... spacecraft, remnants from the Golem that were destroyed ... various tidbits of data. Though the arm I ... acquired from Marduk is more important. Its properties are curious. Absorption of most forms of energy being formost." At the mention of this 'Wheelo' individual however, the Oni quirked an eyebrow. "From what I understand the last ... the last time an associate was trusted with fabrication; she turned out to be a sleeper-agent. I would ... prefer if only yourself and Wilhelm were allowed to make modifications."

Arx Inosaan