Page 178 of 294 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Just to speed things along a bit. Time posts back if needed.

Slowly the repairs are completed, and once the ship is ready, Jinzi has P-Sta and Held punch it.

In the time it takes to get home, Jinzi works feverishly in the workshop and at least comes up with a competent and useable arm for Sarada. It’s pedestrian, but useable and he promises to get her a much better one within the next month or so. Same with her hand.

When they reach Earth, Jinzi gets chewed out by Mira’s Thane as she takes the Coldlight back for damages. With the promise of a massive bill heading his way, Jinzi pilots them all back down to the Lookout in a Capsule Corp vehicle.

And now they are all back on the Lookout.
    Before arriving back on Earth, Dash manages to download and save a copy of the Video taken by the ship during the Golem Fight.

OOC: I think it's safe to say that Jinzi provided her with a medium on which to download, store, and take with her the digital video files.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar chuckles. "I knew that might catch your attention. There are ... spacecraft, remnants from the Golem that were destroyed ... various tidbits of data. Though the arm I ... acquired from Marduk is more important. Its properties are curious. Absorption of most forms of energy being formost." At the mention of this 'Wheelo' individual however, the Oni quirked an eyebrow. "From what I understand the last ... the last time an associate was trusted with fabrication; she turned out to be a sleeper-agent. I would ... prefer if only yourself and Wilhelm were allowed to make modifications."
    He sweat drops and rubs the back of his head, where the chip had been.

“Fair point.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Before arriving back on Earth, Dash manages to download and save a copy of the Video taken by the ship during the Golem Fight.

OOC: I think it's safe to say that Jinzi provided her with a medium on which to download, store, and take with her the digital video files.
    Indeed he would have.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

OT: Just to speed things along a bit. Time posts back if needed.

Slowly the repairs are completed, and once the ship is ready, Jinzi has P-Sta and Held punch it.

In the time it takes to get home, Jinzi works feverishly in the workshop and at least comes up with a competent and useable arm for Sarada. It’s pedestrian, but useable and he promises to get her a much better one within the next month or so. Same with her hand.

When they reach Earth, Jinzi gets chewed out by Mira’s Thane as she takes the Coldlight back for damages. With the promise of a massive bill heading his way, Jinzi pilots them all back down to the Lookout in a Capsule Corp vehicle.

And now they are all back on the Lookout.
    Sarada flexed her new arm as she and Parsley filed out of the Coldlight. At long last, they were back on Earth. They had only been gone a two days, but saving this and countless other universe from utter destruction made it seem like it was much longer.

On the plus side, she felt a lot stronger. "Jinzi, just call me when my arm and hand are ready and I'll come by and pick them both up. I can't stay for much longer." She had to get back to Vocado as soon as possible. It had only been a little over a week, but that was far too long, especially since she was certain people still thought she was bed-ridden and dying of neurotoxin.

Parsley, meanwhile, stepped forward and produced the dark-blue dragonball from her person. "Attention," she shouted loudly enough for all to hear. She then held the ball in the air. "Midori found this a while back, in a shrine dedicated to Alakazah. I believe it's one of his dragonballs."

Sarada frowned and looked at it up close. "Where'd you get that?"

"Azura gave it to me as thanks for helping her achieve her second form," she explained.

She frowned warily and gave a cautious glance at the young girl in question. "I... see."

"Relax, she's harmless. If she wasn't, she'd be dead." She smiled and gave Azura a thumbs up. "Regardless, she's given us several bits of vital information. I believe that's earned her at least a little trust."

"Yeah, I guess so. So, Alakazah has dragonballs, huh? That means there are six others out there somewhere. Do you know where the shrine is? Is it here on Earth?"

"I don't. I need to look through the data Ishtar has to find out." With that said, Parsley stepped away and walked over to Ishtar.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

One is mentioned as spherical, the other as a dagger of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada flexed her new arm as she and Parsley filed out of the Coldlight. At long last, they were back on Earth. They had only been gone a two days, but saving this and countless other universe from utter destruction made it seem like it was much longer.

On the plus side, she felt a lot stronger. "Jinzi, just call me when my arm and hand are ready and I'll come by and pick them both up. I can't stay for much longer." She had to get back to Vocado as soon as possible. It had only been a little over a week, but that was far too long, especially since she was certain people still thought she was bed-ridden and dying of neurotoxin.

Parsley, meanwhile, stepped forward and produced the dark-blue dragonball from her person. "Attention," she shouted loudly enough for all to hear. She then held the ball in the air. "Midori found this a while back, in a shrine dedicated to Alakazah. I believe it's one of his dragonballs."

Sarada frowned and looked at it up close. "Where'd you get that?"

"Azura gave it to me as thanks for helping her achieve her second form," she explained.

She frowned warily and gave a cautious glance at the young girl in question. "I... see."

"Relax, she's harmless. If she wasn't, she'd be dead." She smiled and gave Azura a thumbs up. "Regardless, she's given us several bits of vital information. I believe that's earned her at least a little trust."

"Yeah, I guess so. So, Alakazah has dragonballs, huh? That means there are six others out there somewhere. Do you know where the shrine is? Is it here on Earth?"

"I don't. I need to look through the data Ishtar has to find out." With that said, Parsley stepped away and walked over to Ishtar.
    "It is indeed here on Earth," Blizzar chimed in. "Here, allow me to share with the class," he stepped forward and widened a hologrpahic screen, displaying the information on the Temple for all to see. "Midori only discovered it a year ago. A Shrine dedicated to the decrepit reptile. I'm sure he enjoyed it, however long it lasted."

"The coordinates displayed here are oddly alien. First Race, perhaps?" The Arcosian shrugged. "Either way while whatever she found there, we now have in our possesion, it may prove useful to our cause to launch an excursion into this temple. Whenever the time and resources can be spared, of course."

Eva speaks up.

“That’s two. Cha.....Charco and I found one just before you all left. It’s hidden here where Alakazah is warded against.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "It is indeed here on Earth," Blizzar chimed in. "Here, allow me to share with the class," he stepped forward and widened a hologrpahic screen, displaying the information on the Temple for all to see. "Midori only discovered it a year ago. A Shrine dedicated to the decrepit reptile. I'm sure he enjoyed it, however long it lasted."

"The coordinates displayed here are oddly alien. First Race, perhaps?" The Arcosian shrugged. "Either way while whatever she found there, we now have in our possesion, it may prove useful to our cause to launch an excursion into this temple. Whenever the time and resources can be spared, of course."
    Parsley turned to face the Arcosian. "Interesting. So it is here on Earth."

Sarada nodded thoughtfully. Hearing that assuaged her initial fears -- that they would have to trek around the universe to find these Dragonballs. If they were all here on Earth, then they could easily find them and keep them hidden from Alakazah. She didn't know if he was aware of their location or not, but it didn't hurt to walk on the safe side. "Good idea, finding this shrine. If we can find all the balls, we can keep them away from Creep-face. I can take one back home with me, so it's especially out of his reach."

Eva speaks up.

“That’s two. Cha.....Charco and I found one just before you all left. It’s hidden here where Alakazah is warded against.”
    Sarada flinched when she heard Eva speak. She must have sensed that Charco was no more. She balled her hands into fists. Damn it. "We'll get him back, Eva. I promise." Somehow.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The commotion had roused Shōchū's attention and she stepped out to see the source of it all. As expected, she was greeted by a collection of strange beings, most of whom she was unfamiliar with... except for two. The pang of emotion that struck her upon seeing Zaofan and Sasheem was like a hammer and she caught herself brief nanoseconds before she might have called out to them. Just like her family members, these were not the comrades she had once traveled and fought alongside with. They wore familiar faces, but in the end, she remained a stranger.

With this, she felt awkward, or at least her organic mind did.

Still, Eva's words had proven to be true as a casual glance to the group displayed several power levels well above her own one million, but the comfort that brought was overshadowed by the caution symbols that flashed across her vision. Following the indications, her eyes fell upon a certain reptilian creature exiting the craft. It was not an appearance she was familiar with belonging to the Beast, but rather, one he had once forced her to wear herself.

"You..."

Ripping the cloth off the bundle she carried, Shōchū took up the staff hidden beneath as she approached the Saurian. Whoever this host Rex currently wore was, they must have been powerful enough as her scanners placed the beast around two million, double her own at this point.

"One step back onto this planet and I'm already accosted, how surprising," The Beast said, although he clearly didn't recognize the one for whom his alternate self had stolen everything from... and would do so again if no one stopped him. After a few brief moments, Rex snorted in amusement, "Another abomination! As least your creator had the sense not to splice you with some other ghastly being like the others."

"The only ghastly thing here is you!" Despite her defiant words, she found her organic side unable to commit to the attack. Was it fear that gripped her? Had she not progressed beyond the eleven-year-old girl she had once been. For now, if she could not face him on her own, she would have to rely on other means. The irises of Shōchū's eyes turned a bright blue which spilled out into the whites, her pupils shrinking until they were nonexistent. A blade emerged from the tip of the staff, creating a naginata. Deep within, the Chrononaut briefly activated, distorting time but for just a moment. One moment, Shōchū was in front of the Rex, the next she was behind him and lash gash emerged across the beast's chest.

"Geuh!! You bitch!" Unable to tap into the Chrononaut a second time, she was unable to avoid the backhand Rex sent behind him, launching her across the Lookout's surface. The saurian took the moment to put pressure on the largest part of the wound until the bleeding ceased, "How careless of you to house such threatening creatures, Kami... or perhaps that was your intention?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The commotion had roused Shōchū's attention and she stepped out to see the source of it all. As expected, she was greeted by a collection of strange beings, most of whom she was unfamiliar with... except for two. The pang of emotion that struck her upon seeing Zaofan and Sasheem was like a hammer and she caught herself brief nanoseconds before she might have called out to them. Just like her family members, these were not the comrades she had once traveled and fought alongside with. They wore familiar faces, but in the end, she remained a stranger.

With this, she felt awkward, or at least her organic mind did.

Still, Eva's words had proven to be true as a casual glance to the group displayed several power levels well above her own one million, but the comfort that brought was overshadowed by the caution symbols that flashed across her vision. Following the indications, her eyes fell upon a certain reptilian creature exiting the craft. It was not an appearance she was familiar with belonging to the Beast, but rather, one he had once forced her to wear herself.

"You..."

Ripping the cloth off the bundle she carried, Shōchū took up the staff hidden beneath as she approached the Saurian. Whoever this host Rex currently wore was, they must have been powerful enough as her scanners placed the beast around two million, double her own at this point.

"One step back onto this planet and I'm already accosted, how surprising," The Beast said, although he clearly didn't recognize the one for whom his alternate self had stolen everything from... and would do so again if no one stopped him. After a few brief moments, Rex snorted in amusement, "Another abomination! As least your creator had the sense not to splice you with some other ghastly being like the others."

"The only ghastly thing here is you!" Despite her defiant words, she found her organic side unable to commit to the attack. Was it fear that gripped her? Had she not progressed beyond the eleven-year-old girl she had once been. For now, if she could not face him on her own, she would have to rely on other means. The irises of Shōchū's eyes turned a bright blue which spilled out into the whites, her pupils shrinking until they were nonexistent. A blade emerged from the tip of the staff, creating a naginata. Deep within, the Chrononaut briefly activated, distorting time but for just a moment. One moment, Shōchū was in front of the Rex, the next she was behind him and lash gash emerged across the beast's chest.

"Geuh!! You bitch!" Unable to tap into the Chrononaut a second time, she was unable to avoid the backhand Rex sent behind him, launching her across the Lookout's surface. The saurian took the moment to put pressure on the largest part of the wound until the bleeding ceased, "How careless of you to house such threatening creatures, Kami... or perhaps that was your intention?"
    Eva walks up and shakes her head.

“She’s a guest, same as you....Rex.”

Her eyes narrow.

“As you are in Charco’s body, I shall make sure from now on she won’t attack you.”

She looks at Shōchū.

“The Tyrant killed your people. He’s not him yet. He cannot be held accountable for those actions.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eva walks up and shakes her head.

“She’s a guest, same as you....Rex.”

Her eyes narrow.

“As you are in Charco’s body, I shall make sure from now on she won’t attack you.”

She looks at Shōchū.

“The Tyrant killed your people. He’s not him yet. He cannot be held accountable for those actions.”
    "Such a chilling reception, yet you were so intrigued with how I aided Phospho and Zippa."

Diplomatic as always, Rex would give Eva that much. Still, he was curious over the trick that... girl used against him. She had wounded him, yet lacked the power needed to finish the job. Turning to face her, he found the one named Shōchū already on her feet, shaking with anger as Eva's words managed to stay what killing intent had moved her into action.

"Well, I do believe I'll take the hint and be on my way." Without another word, Rex took off from the Lookout, leaving Shōchū to crumble to her knees.

"I have to get much stronger..." She could be heard, speaking to herself.

On Chroma

Meagan had spent the time after her conversation with Maiz studying and working on her plans for the Guardian Network, interrupted only when Sister Merigold came in to review the plans for Crystal's installment as Junior Apprentice next week.

Some time later, after a short nap, she got up and took a walk through the temple. It was then that she received Eva's message that Jinzi and the others had returned.

Within an hour, after she cleaned up, but her work away in the vault, and after she spoke with Sister Marigold about her plans, Meagan put together a capsule suitcase and headed towards the portal.

It short order she was once more back on the Lookout, scanning the area for Jinzi.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-27-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For a moment, Ishtar was silent as she contemplated the benefit -- and more importantly, the risk -- of cluing Nevanlinna into her a portion of her ... plans. As with everything spoken, there was a risk of such falling into the hands of those she'd rather they not.

Though knowing that Vaikuntha was for the most part, secure, did work toward alleviating some of her concerns.

"I would mainly use it as a ... War Room, of sorts." Ishtar finally said, quietly. "Though there are a few, hm." The Oni trailed off for a second before saying, "side projects I wish to explore. With your leave, of course."
    A war room? Nevanlinna considered the idea... and it certainly had merit. It was a secure place, as she said, and beyond that, it was an excellent place to train or relax. Since she planned to give most everyone in this group access, using it as a 'war room' was only natural.

"An excellent idea," said Nevanlinna. "As for those side projects... please, feel free to elaborate. Or should we perhaps wait until we've both had a chance to wind down from this whole ordeal?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    On Chroma

Meagan had spent the time after her conversation with Maiz studying and working on her plans for the Guardian Network, interrupted only when Sister Merigold came in to review the plans for Crystal's installment as Junior Apprentice next week.

Some time later, after a short nap, she got up and took a walk through the temple. It was then that she received Eva's message that Jinzi and the others had returned.

Within an hour, after she cleaned up, but her work away in the vault, and after she spoke with Sister Marigold about her plans, Meagan put together a capsule suitcase and headed towards the portal.

It short order she was once more back on the Lookout, scanning the area for Jinzi.
    He’s easily seen standing by his mobile lab, listening to the group as he pours over some schematics.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Such a chilling reception, yet you were so intrigued with how I aided Phospho and Zippa."

Diplomatic as always, Rex would give Eva that much. Still, he was curious over the trick that... girl used against him. She had wounded him, yet lacked the power needed to finish the job. Turning to face her, he found the one named Shōchū already on her feet, shaking with anger as Eva's words managed to stay what killing intent had moved her into action.

"Well, I do believe I'll take the hint and be on my way." Without another word, Rex took off from the Lookout, leaving Shōchū to crumble to her knees.

"I have to get much stronger..." She could be heard, speaking to herself.

Eva lays a hand on her shoulder.

“And this is the place to do so.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    A war room? Nevanlinna considered the idea... and it certainly had merit. It was a secure place, as she said, and beyond that, it was an excellent place to train or relax. Since she planned to give most everyone in this group access, using it as a 'war room' was only natural.

"An excellent idea," said Nevanlinna. "As for those side projects... please, feel free to elaborate. Or should we perhaps wait until we've both had a chance to wind down from this whole ordeal?"
    Ishtar shook her head again.

"I trust you, as much as one can given our familiarity; but the I formation I wish to share ... the plans I seek to make. I would not offer them in the open." The Oni offered, glancing at those assembled. And while she had a baseline of trust for all in attendance, there were those she trusted further still; and she was not wont to make the mistakes so many others had made in trusting those who might let slip ... or worse yet, turn.

"When we return to Earth I would make use of Vaikuntha for the purpose of sharing all that I know. Of that you have my word."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan