Page 179 of 294 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He’s easily seen standing by his mobile lab, listening to the group as he pours over some schematics.
    A slight smile of relief, she quickly heads over to him from behind, "Jinzi...."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He sweat drops and rubs the back of his head, where the chip had been.

“Fair point.”
    "The less shared of this information, the better. We have seen the threat posed by someone with your intelligence working with it for nefarious intent ... I would not see that happen again so soon after this last."

Offering Pantaloons a smile then, Ishtar then said.

" I would however not trust this to anyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley, meanwhile, stepped forward and produced the dark-blue dragonball from her person. "Attention," she shouted loudly enough for all to hear. She then held the ball in the air. "Midori found this a while back, in a shrine dedicated to Alakazah. I believe it's one of his dragonballs."

Sarada frowned and looked at it up close. "Where'd you get that?"

"Azura gave it to me as thanks for helping her achieve her second form," she explained.

She frowned warily and gave a cautious glance at the young girl in question. "I... see."

"Relax, she's harmless. If she wasn't, she'd be dead." She smiled and gave Azura a thumbs up. "Regardless, she's given us several bits of vital information. I believe that's earned her at least a little trust."

"Yeah, I guess so. So, Alakazah has dragonballs, huh? That means there are six others out there somewhere. Do you know where the shrine is? Is it here on Earth?"

"I don't. I need to look through the data Ishtar has to find out." With that said, Parsley stepped away and walked over to Ishtar.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "It is indeed here on Earth," Blizzar chimed in. "Here, allow me to share with the class," he stepped forward and widened a hologrpahic screen, displaying the information on the Temple for all to see. "Midori only discovered it a year ago. A Shrine dedicated to the decrepit reptile. I'm sure he enjoyed it, however long it lasted."

"The coordinates displayed here are oddly alien. First Race, perhaps?" The Arcosian shrugged. "Either way while whatever she found there, we now have in our possesion, it may prove useful to our cause to launch an excursion into this temple. Whenever the time and resources can be spared, of course."
    A commotion caused Ishtar to turn away however, and with a farewell offered to Jinzi, the Oni approached Parsley and Blizzar, to hear what both had to say.

Which was ... curious. Though in the end -- and talk of Alakazah and his Dragonballs, while interesting, aside -- the Oni cleared her throat and offered a rather simplistic response.

"Where is Nevanlinna ? If the time has come to 'share', as it were ... I require her assistance. As I would not speak freely of what I have found, here."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada watched with tense anticipation as the mysterious newcomer battled briefly with Rex. He dispatched her fairly easily, but not without sustaining a deep cut along his chest. Her fists tightened, trembling and taxing their structural integrity. However, she would stay her hand. She knew, thanks to Ishtar, that Rex was their only hope at getting Charco back. That meant she couldn't kill him, and damn it, that hurt worse than anything.

It wasn't fair! How could get basically get away with it?

When Eva declared that this new girl was a guest, that was fine. Rex, however? "BULLSHIT!" Her rage and sadness exploded into a furious golden flame. The entire Lookout trembled as if beset by a massive earthquake. "HE IS NOT A GUEST! HE'S A FUCKING PARASITE!! HE AND THAT STUPID BITCH CYANNA ARE THE REASON CHARCO'S GONE AND I'LL BE GODDAMNED IF YOU SHOW HIM EVEN A LITTLE HOSPITALITY!!!"

Like the solar flares ejected from the sun, her aura whipped against the tiles of the Lookout. "He doesn't deserve your kindness. He should be destroyed. If you let what's-her-face do it, I'll do it myself!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

P-Sta had taken some time to walk around the Lookout so he could be alone with some fresh air. He was certain he'd be briefed soon enough but now...he was glad to be back planetside. Didn't matter which. The Lookout was very comforting despite his short time there.

The officer couldn't help but smile to himself as he sensed a trio of familiar power levels headed his way. He supposed it was high past time for a reunion.

"I...I told you I sensed him!" N-Ten stammered through sobs. "I c-c-c-can't believe it...P-STAAAAAAA!" she blurted rushing down her sibling with a tight hug.

"Haha, N-Ten! It's been a while!" P-Sta greeted cheerfully. He looked towards his two other siblings, both glancing at the floor, their arms folded.

"Well...are you going to explain yourself?" P-Cee demanded, curtly.

"Hmph...not like you to just up and let yourself get captures. Sloppy," X-Bo reprimanded.

"P-Cee! X-Bo! I've missed you two! Things weren't the same patrolling on my own, after all!" P-Sta responded hardily. Soon his two more aloof siblings began to shake slightly, their icy facade quickly thawing as they two rushed to hug their bfotger, tackling him to the floor.

"D-don't ever do something stupid like that again!" P-Cee cried out.

"We really thought we'd never see you again!" X-Bo sobbed.

Tears began to well up in P-Sta's eyes as well. "Never fret, my righteous siblings! For we are finally all together at last! And this time...we stuck together as a team once more! In defense of Earth, the galaxy....why, the entire multiverse!"

"Yeah, yeah..." Sasheem clapped sarcastically a lighting down before the four heroic siblings. "Enough with the cryin', and more with the thanking!"

"..."

"Since Sasheem was feeling nice enough to hand you back your do of us brother," The Majin folded his arms smugly, closing his eyes and waiting for their embittered thanks.

"..."

"Have you idiots forgotten how to speak?!" The Majin asked, indignantly. "Enough with the gawkin', and more apologizing to Sasheem for all the-"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar shook her head again.

"I trust you, as much as one can given our familiarity; but the I formation I wish to share ... the plans I seek to make. I would not offer them in the open." The Oni offered, glancing at those assembled. And while she had a baseline of trust for all in attendance, there were those she trusted further still; and she was not wont to make the mistakes so many others had made in trusting those who might let slip ... or worse yet, turn.

"When we return to Earth I would make use of Vaikuntha for the purpose of sharing all that I know. Of that you have my word."
    Prudent, as expected. Well, despite her curiosity, it could wate. Patience was, after all, a virtue.

Nevanlinna nodded. "Very well, then. I look forward to what you have to say. Until then..."

"The less shared of this information, the better. We have seen the threat posed by someone with your intelligence working with it for nefarious intent ... I would not see that happen again so soon after this last."

A commotion caused Ishtar to turn away however, and with a farewell offered to Jinzi, the Oni approached Parsley and Blizzar, to hear what both had to say.

Which was ... curious. Though in the end -- and talk of Alakazah and his Dragonballs, while interesting, aside -- the Oni cleared her throat and offered a rather simplistic response.

"Where is Nevanlinna ? If the time has come to 'share', as it were ... I require her assistance. As I would not speak freely of what I have found, here."
    "Here," said the Threshling Princess, approaching Jinzi and Ishtar. "Now is as good a time as any..." She waved her hand and the space in front of her shone, then split open, revealing just a tease of a verdant landscape beyond. "Ishtar, I give you my permission to enter my demesne, Vaikuntha." It was as simple as that... nothing flashy or ostentatious, just opening a portal and granting the Oni permission. There was still the matter of creating a portable means of access, but she had made some progress on that.

Stepping through, Nevanlinna was greeted by the familiar sight of the grove that served as Vaikuntha's foyer, for lack of a better term. As always, there was a gentle, renewing breeze, bringing with it the faint scent of flowers somewhere downwind. Various animals went about their simple lives, paying no mind to the mistress of the realm as she entered. Nevanlinna sighed and sat down on a tree trunk, staring out over the lake bordering the grove. Oh, she simply could not wait to hear what the Oni's ideas were.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Sarada watched with tense anticipation as the mysterious newcomer battled briefly with Rex. He dispatched her fairly easily, but not without sustaining a deep cut along his chest. Her fists tightened, trembling and taxing their structural integrity. However, she would stay her hand. She knew, thanks to Ishtar, that Rex was their only hope at getting Charco back. That meant she couldn't kill him, and damn it, that hurt worse than anything.

When Eva declared that this new girl was a guest, that was fine. Rex, however? "BULLSHIT!" Her rage and sadness exploded into a furious golden flame. The entire Lookout trembled as if beset by a massive earthquake. "HE IS NOT A GUEST! HE'S A FUCKING PARASITE!! HE AND THAT STUPID BITCH CYANNA ARE THE REASON CHARCO'S GONE AND I'LL BE GODDAMNED IF YOU SHOW HIM EVEN A LITTLE HOSPITALITY!!!"

Like the solar flares ejected from the sun, her aura whipped against the tiles of the Lookout. "He doesn't deserve your kindness. He should be destroyed. If you let what's-her-face do it, I'll do it myself!"
    "Stop Sady!" Erosa roared, leaping out onto the lookout and looking up a Sarada with grim determination. She looked ready to try and stop her saiyan mother-in-?? from attempting something stupid like going after rex to

"Take me too! I wanna kick Rex's ass too!" The Id screamed, jumping up and down.

Eva lays a hand on her shoulder.

“And this is the place to do so.”

Eva's hand on her shoulder was soothing, if only a moment, against the knowledge that she wasn't strong enough against this timeline's Rex, nonetheless her own. Her scanners indicated that Rex had left the area, yet the damage would remain as one of them erupted into a firestorm of rage. It was then that Shōchū realized how only recently Rex's emergence must have been.

Unfortunately, she knew that things would only get worse now.

"He's going to hide for now," Shōchū said, rising to her feet, "His power progression doesn't work unless he's fully healed and that cut I gave him will keep him busy for a bit... especially since he can't openly feed on the population without retaliation from one of you."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A slight smile of relief, she quickly heads over to him from behind, "Jinzi...."
    He turns and grins, holding his arms out.

“Hello love, been a bit. Miss me?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi blushes a bit at her compliment but nods.

“You can count on me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He turns and grins, holding his arms out.

“Hello love, been a bit. Miss me?”
    She was in his arms before he coudl blink, "What do you think, silly?" smiling broadly as she hugged him. Finally pulling back slightly, her features now more serious, "I was worried sick. Is everyone alright? What happened? I could tell much aside that you were alive and heading back."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Stop Sady!" Erosa roared, leaping out onto the lookout and looking up a Sarada with grim determination. She looked ready to try and stop her saiyan mother-in-?? from attempting something stupid like going after rex to

"Take me too! I wanna kick Rex's ass too!" The Id screamed, jumping up and down.
    Sarada looked down at Erosa and grinned. "Finally. Someone who gets it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Eva's hand on her shoulder was soothing, if only a moment, against the knowledge that she wasn't strong enough against this timeline's Rex, nonetheless her own. Her scanners indicated that Rex had left the area, yet the damage would remain as one of them erupted into a firestorm of rage. It was then that Shōchū realized how only recently Rex's emergence must have been.

Unfortunately, she knew that things would only get worse now.

"He's going to hide for now," Shōchū said, rising to her feet, "His power progression doesn't work unless he's fully healed and that cut I gave him will keep him busy for a bit... especially since he can't openly feed on the population without retaliation from one of you."
    The mysterious girl who Sarada had never seen before once again spoke. This time, words carried with them a small tidbit of information about Rex. Vital information in the coming battle with him. "So, he can only get stronger if he's at full health?" That made sense, and it worked to their advantage. It meant that he was weak, and the more injured he became, the longer it would take for him to gain strength. "So, all we have to do is **** him up to stymie his power?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva looks at her, and for a moment, a chill aura flares as Evangeline steps forward, headless of Sarada’s power, face set and firm.

“You will do no such thing. So long as Charco resides within, Rex will not be slain. Defend yourself if you need to, and he will be monitored, but I won’t throw the first blow not help instigate it. Nor will I bring forth past ills as an excuse too. Almost none of us here are without sin, without blood on our hands, Sarada. Chou was a monster that helped kill my friends hundreds of years ago. Ishtar killed a planet in her grief. You and Parsley and Sasheem laid waste to unknown thousands. Yet here we find refuge and a change to be our better selves, to make ourselves better. Charco is one of my dearest friends and it was not Cyanna who failed him, but myself. I said Morgana the psychic could help him, and it was that encounter that sparked Rex’s...quicker emergence. Perhaps if I had taken a more active hand I could have stopped it, but I thought she could and that failure is on me.”

She holds her arms out wide, defenseless.

“My name should be on your list first and foremost.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Prudent, as expected. Well, despite her curiosity, it could wate. Patience was, after all, a virtue.

Nevanlinna nodded. "Very well, then. I look forward to what you have to say. Until then..."

"Here," said the Threshling Princess, approaching Jinzi and Ishtar. "Now is as good a time as any..." She waved her hand and the space in front of her shone, then split open, revealing just a tease of a verdant landscape beyond. "Ishtar, I give you my permission to enter my demesne, Vaikuntha." It was as simple as that... nothing flashy or ostentatious, just opening a portal and granting the Oni permission. There was still the matter of creating a portable means of access, but she had made some progress on that.

Stepping through, Nevanlinna was greeted by the familiar sight of the grove that served as Vaikuntha's foyer, for lack of a better term. As always, there was a gentle, renewing breeze, bringing with it the faint scent of flowers somewhere downwind. Various animals went about their simple lives, paying no mind to the mistress of the realm as she entered. Nevanlinna sighed and sat down on a tree trunk, staring out over the lake bordering the grove. Oh, she simply could not wait to hear what the Oni's ideas were.
    Luop wake up and bows.

“Your highness. How may I serve?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada looked down at Erosa and grinned. "Finally. Someone who gets it."

The mysterious girl who Sarada had never seen before once again spoke. This time, words carried with them a small tidbit of information about Rex. Vital information in the coming battle with him. "So, he can only get stronger if he's at full health?" That made sense, and it worked to their advantage. It meant that he was weak, and the more injured he became, the longer it would take for him to gain strength. "So, all we have to do is **** him up to stymie his power?"
    "Yes, but by fighting him, you risk giving him more energy." She said, "You flesh, your blood, your bones, your energy, your rage... he can feed off of any of those."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    She was in his arms before he coudl blink, "What do you think, silly?" smiling broadly as she hugged him. Finally pulling back slightly, her features now more serious, "I was worried sick. Is everyone alright? What happened? I could tell much aside that you were alive and heading back."
    Jinzi explains everything, from the Coldlight to Charco to The Doctor’s real identity to Azura, who he introduces to Meagan.

The young girl nods.

“Grandmother.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM