Page 182 of 294 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Well, there was another Parsley who's luck wasn't completely dried up. Even though it sounded like the Saiyan race of that universe was in shambles, they had a fine Queen with a good head on her shoulders.

However, she still sighed sadly. She had a feeling she knew who this third party was. There were few humans a Parsley could tolerate. "I see. I hope she succeeds, and one day would like to meet her." And compare notes. She decided not to mention the passing of this person. Form there sounds of it, Shōchū was close to him. "How did Rex take over your planet?"
    "The main difference between our timelines was when Rex chose to assimilate Ogatan Charco," She began, "In the case of my time, it happened roughly two years prior to this moment. Unfortunately, this meant that most of the fighters here who could have stopped him simply lacked the power to. Upon discovering that the kami was gathering warriors, he chose to exploit it, first devouring those at Dusk City before moving on, growing in power with every tragedy he made."

Default Back on the Boat

As the ship continued on its return trek, Ochazuke continue to lay on his side where Aleka had left him. By this time his breaths had eased into a deep, steady rhythm thanks to the rapid healing efforts of the group.

In the silence, his headband stretched taut with sweat and his frame lay deathly slack.

For within sleep, what dreams may come? Cognizant of however many thousand things, the waking mind had a way of discerning what it surveys; but the unguarded mind held aloft in a suspended moment has only memory, altered in affect and feeling as its salve, and as the moments pressed toward a hard-fought tomorrow, some part of Ochazuke was taken with a need to remember what it was that carried him to these conflicts so long ago.

Hissing waves stuck the dock moor in the twilight hour and the paling sky bathed the rushes in blue. The sun had not yet risen, and their boat creaked over the black water as the three of them pushed off.

Their passenger lay snoring, indisposed, paddy hat strewn atop a drunken face. Just like every other time, he had to pull both oars. It was a pupil's duty to move the school.

Funny how an outsider like him would also serve as its rudder.

Thankfully, just like every other time, it was as if she and him were completely alone. Once the paddles could no longer brush against the trappings of roots and rocks, it allowed for cleaner strokes as they pushed into the deeper darkness. She wanted to keep them, and part of training meant casting nets to feed them.

No matter which way the wind blew over the Devata River in this early hour, it always seemed to strike her head-on when she stood and leaned over the bow. Kenshiko brushed the frayed auburn hair out of her eyes and let it fall over her firm shoulders.

"Over there, Zosui." Two limestone spires rose at the mouth of the bay, their shadows like a gated corridor. The small fry stayed in the shallows, they had to make their passage to the wider sea.

The wooden frame of the boat rocked uneasily. The water was no longer so still. Balancing on the port frame, she held the harpoon, wrapping its cord around her wrist.

"Rice and eggs. Always complaining about the staples. Still, they stuck with us after all this time, I think they deserve a little treat once in a while." Ochazuke took the oars and pulled and the vessel rocked and swayed. "Local delicacy, a feast fit for a king, Hah, might be something different for an island boy like you."

By the time she told him to slow, the sky began to burn orange, and it seemed he was rowing them aimlessly through a pooled shadow where all the shapes bled together. Kenshiko's idle humming, the bored clicks of her tongue, and the understated snoring just past his seat were the only things that assured him he was not alone. A Tiger on the prowl, she'd been attuned to something, her instincts honed. He could hardly see her. Did she smile to herself, he wondered? Was it because she saw a target?

A sharp plunge, the scent of a salty spray wicked at his back. The silence was broken as a rush of bubbles broke the surface of the water. It was clearer now, and the first sun light broke over a row of iridescent scales between great rows of slimy, spined fins. The water struck them, he remembered, lapping as a great body fell back into the water.

"Just missed it. Come on now! If you want breakfast you gotta work for it!"

He sat behind her where she stood, perfectly balance as he pressed forward. The dark water slowly began to gleam. To see through this she depended on him to carry her ahead. She readied the barbed spear in one hand, the net in the other, and the kick of a great tail lashed forward as the creature changed course.

As he paddled, suddenly he felt himself lurched forward. The oar dipped beneath the surface of the water, causing the craft to swerve. Kenshiko's next throw took the serpentine fish right between the eyes and the line on her wrist snapped taut.

Ochazuke turned his head. As the bulky frame of the barbed fish hit the water flat, it drowned out the sound of vomiting into the bay. As Kru Kenshiko heaved the speared fish into the net, Arjan Kaibyo swore under her breath and turned back over to feign her sleep.

The Twin Tigers of Ori City. They shared the same face, but their sensibilities for the good of their inheritance were pronounced distinctly that day. One had seen a chance to prove herself; the other altered the course when she kicked the oars their student held. Caught between them, Ochazuke resumed the course as the sunrise rose over the salt spray mist between the mangroves.
    It seemed the further he pressed on from these memories, the more he had strained to find some meaning in them. The harder he held on to them, more and more seemed to slip from his grasp, as if curling his hands over water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka nearly jumped from being startled. She fancied herself aware of her surroundings and especially since she was looking after someone yet, this person she hadn't been able to tell was even around until they said something.

Kind of creepy.

She regained her senses after a bit. "Aleka. I haven't met everyone just met one on one so nice to meet you. Ochazuke should be fine. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?" It was obvious they weren't human but they were humanoid. With this group she had learned you never quite knew what you were going to get, Karine was a sweet heart and was basically a vampire of something she thought only existed in books.

Of course, I thought a lot of things only existed in books when I first came here...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I am Cthylla." Cthylla answered, then seemed to ponder a moment. "I am an Observer from the the void, beyond the confinement of the sphere....your universe. This is a faux body provided for e by the human, Benefactor Jinzi. My kind has no name...Only those given to us by mortals. Voidling was the latest, but you may refer to us as you wish."

Turning her attention momentarily to Ochazuke, Cthylla regarded his present condition. "Yes, his life is not in danger. I wish to speak with him when he in a condition to speak so I will wait here....you may continue your questions if you feel the need, Newcomer Aleka."
    Though surrender to dreams and memories, Ochazuke's mind was quite alert as it retread through the embers of memories to stoke the lucid comforts of the past. As one has no control over whether the dream will begin or end, he held some solace in the fact that these thoughts were indigenous to the sphere of his memory alone. In some respects this was all he had left of a future lost.

When one brushed against his cloistered mind telepathically, he would be slow to let down his guard.

Default From the Foul Line Part 3

Lantro scooped up the two young Yardrstians, one under each arm as he took off flying. Whatever technology the Junjo were utilizing to shut down the native inhabitans' instant transmission, didn't take into account that someone like Lantro would be there. Something that needed to quickly be taken advantage of.

The skies soon began to light up as the Junjo ships began to glow an eerie blue and several square shaped beams up energy began to descend towards the ground, beaming up anything and everything small enough towards their ships. Gravity beams. That's something new for the Junjo, though Lantro had admittedly been out of the loop for some time.

The half-Saiyan supposed this is the threat that the GP officer, Blend, had been combating before his ship was felled. It didn't particularly worry him then or now. The Junjo were nuisances that should've been completely eradicated a long time ago. Their technology could prove troublesome, but it couldn't compete with individuals of such as himself.

The screams of Yardratians being drawn into the Junjo ships was enough to get him to hurry up, finally arriving at a small town surrounding a cave, where the village elder, Sirloi and Skrt's grandfather resided.

"Wait here. I'll take care of this," he stated, taking off back towards the Junjo ships. He did a quick ki scan, determining which ships still housed Yardratians and which didn't. The first he encountered did not...and so he promptly tore through it, exploding the vessel in middair.

He then dived towards the ground below, where the other Junjo ships had begun to draw in their prey. He allowed himself to be beamed up, accelerating the speed of his ascent and eventually smashing through the ship of his would-be-captors. He grinned as they gave a look of surprise, stun rods in hand as they were interrupted in their process of shepherding Yardratians into their holding cells.

A few ki blasts dispatched them quickly, before Lantro turned his attention towards gathering the captuted Yardratians, carrying as much as he could from the ship to the village.

Two more ships were still in play and their prisoners were swiftly freed as well and once all that was settled and done for...all that remained were the crews piloting the tip of ships plaguing Yardrat-Prime.

Lantro soared high above the atmosphere. The Junjo had likely not accounted for his presence and we're beginning to formulate ways of dealing with him. he wouldn't give the the chance...not that they had one anyway. Usually they responded much faster than this... Something or someone must've dealt a severe blow to the Junjo infrastructure for them to act this sloppy. Good. A ball of energy formed his hands. Lantro palmed it and descended towards the trio of Junjo ships, who had begun to make a quick beeline towards the town.

Lantro, his demeanor up until this point, calm and confident, suddenly grew into a rage, driving down the metaphysical court and pouring all his hatred for the likes of the Junjo into his next attack. He launched the energy ball several times against the earth below, the ball oddly enough not damaging any of the landscape, but instead simply bouncing off of it as it returned to Lantro' palm. With a vengeful fervor the half-Saiyan reared his right arm back, energy palm in hand and...

He dunked on 'em.

Lantro alighted towards the ground, quickly looking up to admire his own handiwork, the three Junjo ships being annihilated in a brilliant light. Lantro's own amusement didn't last long, however...back at the town he had begun to sense an unfamiliar power level.

Lantro rushed back, noticing that a smaller, sleeker, Junjo ship had alighted down near the town. Must be the vessel of the bastard conducting this operation. Lantro quickly spotted a commotion near the center of the town...the Junjo had grabbed the village elder and held a blaster tightly to his temple as his grandchildren lay terrified upon the ground. A purple device lay on his waist and Lantro could sense some sort of force emitting from it. Likely the device that was locking the natives' IT.

"Saiyan...why don't you come join us," The Junjo cackled. If he was attempting to sound confident, he was failing. The Junjo knew he had lost. That he was only a threat to the Yardratians. It's probably why this part of the planet was often used for Junjo raids. Small populace of miners, not fighters. Probably thought of as easy prey. A feeling of sickening familiarity began to dawn upon Lantro, the half-Saiyan tightening his fist in anger.

"I'll make a deal with you....allow me to leave with this old Yardrat and his kin..." The Junjo smiled. Using the old man allows leverage, to attain his true prize, the kids. A simple plan, all things considered. For all their intelligence the Junjo operated on the logic of common brigands. "Do this and the rest of the village will be spared. Try anything funny and...well, I've been researching quite a bit into you Saiyans after your recent troubles..."

Many Yardrat looked amongst themselves in surprise. They had seen Lantro here and there plenty of times, but to think he was a Saiyan. Word of them reforming had spread, but they were never certain of the truth of it until now at least in this small part of their homeworld. Lantro himself looked quote shocked that the Junjo was able to figure it out so quickly.

"Surprised? I'm quite astute, as you can tell..." The Junjo grinned widely. "Now as I was saying, don't try anything funny. I know what you Saiyans are capab-URRRK!"

He made the mistake of monologuing without preparing his countermeasures...if he even had any, and swiftly paid for it via Lantro's fist plunging directly into his skull. This was why Junjo remained bench warmers for the real threats plaguing the universe. Not half as clever as they thought they were.

Lantro's ark was covered in Junjo blood. Horrified villagers gasping in terror at the obscenely violent act displayed before them. "You two alright?" Lantro asked casually to Sirloi and Skrt. The two siblings didn't repond, their eyes lit up in fright.

Lantro couldn't help but chuckle a bit. They were children after all, this was to be expected and perhaps...for the best. Perhaps like him, after witnessing the atrocities the universe could bring upon them, they would see it for what it really was. Lantro saw it far too late. "You probably won't see me again," he said after a while "You can fear me, you can hate me...but remember what happened here today. And make sure it doesn't happen again. Ball's in your court now."

Lantro gave a stomp, destroying the device surprising the Yardratians' IT and without another word, he made his way to the Junjo ship. Something their boss had mentiomed, intrigued him. Recent troubles of the Saiyans? That could only be a good thing in his mind. But he couldn't help but be curious as to the cause. He supposed he had been off the grid for far too long before landing on Yardrat-Prime. But now he was done being benched. It was high time he got back into the fold.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada stopped briefly in the kitchen to deposit her plate in the sink, then emerged outside and stepped onto the Plaza. There, she stopped and let her eyes dance over everyone present. Eva, Parsley -- who had somehow managed to beat her outside -- the new girl, Jack, Meagan -- who was back yet somehow had it within herself to say nothing to anyone except Eva and Jinzi -- Zaofan, Etrina, Erosa, Dash, Karine, Totoma, Tasure, Sasheem, Hops, Blizzar, Held. All her friends, everyone she had saved this world and even the universe with.

A fond smile touched her lips. "Goodbye, everyone!" she shouted. "I'm going home. I've been away from my people for long enough." It was time for her to be the Queen they needed. A protector and leader they could trust to not only keep them alive but on a path trending toward a better future. To undo all the madness and myopic tyranny beset on the universe in Otatop's name. To improve their station in life and make this race something Vocado himself would be proud to be a part of.

She didn't see Ishtar, but she knew she'd see her soon. "Tell Ishtar I'll see her at home."

And finally, she locked eyes with Zaofan and smiled. She approached him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Tell Ochazuke we'll look at that fight footage another time. And," she placed what looked like a key-card in his hand, "contact me when you find the Lion temple. I need to learn, because I have a rematch with that Alt of Samson Balon." Unless she could somehow, someway, cross the temporal veil again and learn from the man himself.

"Goodbye, my friends. If you're every in Saiyan space, drop by and pay me a visit!" She gave Eva a single nod, then disappeared through a swirling portal.

Would this be the last time Queen Sarada would see the defenders of Earth?

Probably not.

...ah, ****. She had to come back for her arm. And that stupid summit.

**** **** shi-

Aaaand the portal closed behind her. Fucking great. She wasted an semi-emotional goodbye for nothing. Fucking...
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-28-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The shock from the exploding Star Forge at the heart of the Nebula behind them soon dithered to a ripple, and as its radius expanded across the stellar distances they left behind, all it left in its wake was a pulse that could hardly be felt at all where it washed against the shock-shielding and gravity stabilizers of the Coldlight. The fluorescent lights, the digital trill within this forged canopy and reinforced walls insulated those inside from the vacuum of space just a few feet outside.

How vast, this endless expanse of darkness. The only indication they were moving forward was signified only by the distant streaks of faraway stars. Each pinpoint that passed there was a sign of some far-off orb not unlike their familiar sun. Yet by the time their visage reached their eyes, how long would it have been since their worlds crumbled to dust and memories perished?

None would have cause to see them if they did not first reach out. Sounds fall to whispers. Light-echoes fade. The shape of ethereal frequencies may as well not exist if there were no instruments to find them.

But on their return to Earth from these uncharted stars, Karine and Totoma experienced something together. No more than a flash, a brief instance that stood uniquely within their minds. Something familiar, something nostalgic, anchored itself in memories of days long past, and seized upon them with a guarded ferocity, desperate to hang on - afraid to lose everything.

The deep memories pulled to the surface were swiftly twisted, mixed with a stabbing pain, a smothered howling and a violent confusion. A thrashing there in psionic darkness, the pulse and burst of blood slathered the psychic signal. Through it all a cold, lonesome whisper cut through a flash of images, desperately calling out to the void without end.

Kylie. Tamaki.

Thoughts without voice, trembling incessantly around an unknown world spinning around some distant star. Driven through their minds like a sensory spike, the cloistered affect held a sensation that welled deep within them. As if a rush of thoughts frin a dying man, flashing in perpetuity in the midst of drowning. They came in bleary, half-conscious fragments, weathered, resigned, and cognizant of impending doom. But the end would not come.

Nikki.

Can you hear me? Karine.

Find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine didn't take it to heart, and neither did Totoma. It was just something they heard enough of they took it in stride. "Correct, and my name is Karine Cromwell." In a way it was kind of ironic that the person that carried herself and her manner of speech that was closes to her, was a actual princess. There was a lot of old legacy in the Cromwell name, some seemingly more far fetched then others. Now though? They were just stories, some you told to others in a history lesson and to get better aquainted with their family roots.

Before she could say anything further, a vision blinded her.

The visions. The voice. It jumbled together in a fast but coherent message that for a moment not only took her completely off guard but made her emotions a jumbled mess; a fact Totoma could clearly feel through their link. She was not sure how it happened exactly as there were adept mental users of her kind but they weren't many with the kind of power to extend to that king of reach and skill. That all being said it didn't matter.

Not plausibility.

Not of how they were able to find her in this wretched place.

All that mattered, was for the first time in years, Karine, and seemingly Totoma heard his voice. It took all of her skill and discipline she had earned over these years on her journery along with her pride as Cromwell not to lose her composure in front of others. The old Karine would have. There was nothing wrong with that Karine, but that one had been ill suited for the harsher realities of a warrior, and instead they had been forged into fire of the woman she was at present. She held firm, even if there was a shift.

"..Can you hear us father?"

It was a quite, simple question but also a desperate plea. She didn't expect a response. Part of her thought all the stress was getting to her and it was a figment of a tired mind somehow.
    Totoma stood watch over Karine, Aleka, and... Nevalin or whatever her name was as they worked to stabilize and heal Ochazuke. As his friend's condition stabilized, he relaxed, though not by much seeing as he was still in super saiyan. Damn this form made him twitchy... he wanted to punch something!

He sighed inwardly. Patience. Mastering this form won't happen overnight... it's gonna take a good long while.

And then it happened... a familiar feeling at the edge of his mind. Had it just been that, he might not have noticed it, but the same feeling, however slightly, spilled over his Kizuna with Kari. Both of them knew that stern, yet kind presence and voice... it was Aiden! Haha, so he was still alive!

Well duh, Aiden was super-strong and skilled... no damned threshling was gonna be able to take him down.

"What's the matter with you, boy? Ochazuke being alright perk you up that much?" asked his mother, who was leaning against the nearby bulkhead. "...hmph... wonder if he'd be up for a round or two once we get back to Ea--"

"Nope, not Ochazuke... well, I mean, yeah, I'm glad he's alright, but... it was Aiden!" said Totoma, grinning at his mother.

Tasure stared at him for a moment and then chuckled. "Heh, is that so? Good to know that we won't be chasing ghosts once we resume that rescue mission. Now... be quiet and don't interrupt Karine's concentration."

Nodding, Totoma went silent, both physically and mentally.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Though surrender to dreams and memories, Ochazuke's mind was quite alert as it retread through the embers of memories to stoke the lucid comforts of the past. As one has no control over whether the dream will begin or end, he held some solace in the fact that these thoughts were indigenous to the sphere of his memory alone. In some respects this was all he had left of a future lost.

When one brushed against his cloistered mind telepathically, he would be slow to let down his guard.
    ...and yet, what guard was there within the world of dreams to a dreamer.

While her body stood and spoke some equivalent of pleasantries to the Acorian girl, the dreamer....the true essence of Cthylla, passed her long gaze into the realm of dreams, bordering the unconscious minds of all beings. The Voidlings shared a dream all to themselves, and through it they witness both the material and immaterial, communicate with the denizens of the sphere, and craft their own faux world from what they had gathered of the materium.

She need not await his wakening if he did dream, she simply need seek him out within in.....and so she did.

He sat behind her where she stood, perfectly balance as he pressed forward. The dark water slowly began to gleam. To see through this she depended on him to carry her ahead. She readied the barbed spear in one hand, the net in the other, and the kick of a great tail lashed forward as the creature changed course.

As he paddled, suddenly he felt himself lurched forward. The oar dipped beneath the surface of the water, causing the craft to swerve. Kenshiko's next throw took the serpentine fish right between the eyes and the line on her wrist snapped taut.

Ochazuke turned his head. As the bulky frame of the barbed fish hit the water flat, it drowned out the sound of vomiting into the bay. As Kru Kenshiko heaved the speared fish into the net, Arjan Kaibyo swore under her breath and turned back over to feign her sleep.

The Twin Tigers of Ori City. They shared the same face, but their sensibilities for the good of their inheritance were pronounced distinctly that day. One had seen a chance to prove herself; the other altered the course when she kicked the oars their student held. Caught between them, Ochazuke resumed the course as the sunrise rose over the salt spray mist between the mangroves.
    The boat rocked suddenly, a shadow passing beneath the tiny boat.....far to large for any sort of normal sea creature.

Ahead of Ochazukes rowing, a figure emerged from the waters. Floating quietly and observing, the figure struggled neither to stay afloat or against the pull of the water around her. Beneath her the shadow of some large thing spread out, the water too dark or hazy to make out anything beyond the wriggling of some behemoth.

The girl stared at him as the boat approached, then called in a monotone voice.

"Hello....Ochazuke......the water is cold, would you help me?" The girl, Cthylla, offer her two arms up for Ochazuke to grasp and pull.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 09-28-2019 at 07:03 PM.

" Qaztoh if you want proof that Earth's president is, in fact, a Dragon. Then you will most likely get it when his temple gets investigated tonight. Also, there's something else I what to tell you. It's about Killrog's invasion on Lisia," Praxat said.

" I know what went down during the invasion I was there when it happened, remember," Qaztoh said.

" Yes I know, but I just discover a startling truth from my sister Sarxat about the invasion. The only reason Killrog was successful in his invasion was that my grandmother helped him," Praxat said.

" What do you mean Araxat helped Killrog?!?" Qaztoh said.

" She sabotaged the force field and told Killrog how to bypass the wall," Praxat said.

Qaztoh" you expect me to believe that Araxat. Who is pretty much the most respected person in our Kingdom, Helped out the likes of Killrog? That's absurd Araxat would never betray the kingdom!" Qaztoh yelled.

" It's the truth Araxat helped Killrog. I have a theory that she what to get rid of your grandmother Yaztoh. That her hatred for her was so great. It forced my grandmother to team up with Killrog," Praxat said.

" I'm still not buying that Araxat is a traitor. Also, how dare you make such claims about her, Praxat. She's your grandmother. I thought you respected and admired her," Qaztoh said.

" I used to, but that was before I found out she's been keeping secrets from me my entire life," Praxat said.

Qaztoh gets upset at Praxat's shocking news as her skin turns blue and she storms off. Praxat then walks up to Dash," Well Dash, I told Qaztoh the truth behind Killrog's invasion of Lisia . She didn't take it well," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default The Queen Returns Home I

Sarada sighed as the portal connected Earth and Vocado closed. She had wasted that goodbye when a simple “see you fucks later” would have done just fine. It literally sounded like at times that she had no intention of ever coming back. Like hell she was about to be written out of this show. She frowned and turned around, only to be smacked hard upside the head. “Hey! Ow!!” She growled and stared the offender down, only to wilt their gaze.

“And where the hell have you been?” Maiz demanded in that tone that made it quite clear she already knew the answer, so Sarada had better not even think about lying.

“I—I...” It was then, and only then, that she realized what she had done. In case she hadn't, Maiz was more than happy to give her a recap.

“You almost die, then just up and leave without warning, then fail to contact anyone to let them know that you're still alive, then I have to find out from Meagan Te'al that you're actually traveling through literal time to save this and other universes. Don't you think that was something I should probably have known about?”

She swallowed and let her gaze fall to the floor. All of a sudden, she felt like a little girl all over again. “Yes?”

She heard Maiz sigh before she was captured in the biggest, tightest hug she had ever gotten from the older Saiyaness. “I was worried sick about you,” she admitted.

“I'm sorry,” she replied, voice muffled by her face being pressed into Maiz's shoulder.

“I know.” She let her go, but kept her hands on her shoulders. “You're only slightest worse than your sister. Is she...?”

“Yes, she's fine. She'll be back tonight. She has... other business to attend to.”

“Like?”

“It's... it's a very long story.”

“I have time.” She gestured for Sarada to follow her. They both lifted into the air and took off for Maiz's temple, hidden in the base of Vocado's statue in Mt. Oozaru.

I'm finally home, she beamed inwardly. She knew she was homesick, but it wasn't until she finally returned that she realized just how much. Earth was fine, but there was no place like home.

“There's a lot we need to discuss,” Maiz said as they neared the temple. “I'm not sure if you heard, but there was a... disturbance on Callion. They quashed it themselves, but it almost was a thing we needed to deal with here.”

She didn't need to hear the details to know that Pinrit was the root cause. That clown had been her biggest detractor since the beginning of her reign. He wouldn't shut up. Perhaps executing him when he attacked her some time ago was the best thing to do in hindsight.

Purely speculation, and she wouldn't know for sure until Maiz informed her of the full story. “Is that so? Any casualties?”

“None. The instigators are all in prison. We charged them with treason.”

She nodded. She would speak with the prisoners tomorrow. Today she needed to assess exactly what the status of the empire was. She was sure the other planets were in good shape, since they were set up to be able to operate dependent of her. It was only Callion that was going to be a headache.

They landed near the entrance of the temple. Maiz pushed open the massive double doors with ease and walked inside. The last time Sarada was there, it was poorly lit and very empty. This time, it was obvious that Maiz had been doing some decorating. Not much, but enough to at least make it something resembling an actual home. There was much more lighting, a carpet over the stone floor, and some other stuff.

Okay, there wasn't much, but Maiz and many Saiyans weren't ones to have a lot of cluttered.

They walked through the hallowed halls of the guardian temple until they reached the kitchen. There was a brand new stove, refrigerator, and a round table with four chairs. Sarada sat at the table while Maiz began to make a pot of tea. “I've been spending a lot of time in the Meat Market the last few days,” Maiz started. “I believe it's time to renovate it again.”

Her face soured. “We should tear it down.”

“There are 155,000 people who consider it home. Would you displace them?”

Sarada didn't answer.

“It's filled with good people who have been forgotten. If we're going to turn the corner, that needs to change.”

What she said was true, but Sarada didn't care. It was a blight on their reputation, and needed to be eradicated. “I'd rather just build a new city.”

“Yes.”

She hated how they were arguing for the same thing, but for different reasons.

Maiz began grinding up black tea leaves for her pot, and then sprinkling them into a kettle full of water. She mixed in some bergamot oil for further flavor. “Much of the crime that happens in that area is due to the people there having little means. There's no room for growth, no way to better themselves and the community. People are complacent because, to them, life will not get any better. A new city with businesses, a school for the children, and affordable food and housing will improve their lot in life.”

It made sense.

“And,” she continued, “if this pans out, then it will serve as a litmus test for a possible plan for Callion. The situations there and in the Meat Market are basically the same.”

The people of the Meat Market were all former slaves. They didn't know what a good life was. This would be good for them. “I'll have to survey the area before I make a decision.” It had been... years since she had been in the Market. Not since... A tremble through her entire body betrayed her inner thoughts. I... I thought I was over this. She swallowed and unconsciously meddled with her new false hand.

Maiz sat down and placed a gentle hand on hers, only to recoil when she felt metal, not flesh. “...” She cleared her throat. “We can go tomorrow. You should take today and rest. You can stay here for now.”

She smiled softly and nodded. “Rest sounds good.” It had been a long day. Beyond everything else, she needed to rest her mind. It had been near non-stop fighting for the last several days. That would wear on even the most battle-hardened of warriors. “Well, if that's all, I have a lot to tell you.”

The tea kettle whistled, prompting Maiz to stand and pour them both a cup of Earl Gray.

“Okay, it started off with a man named Sir Luop from Reshling coming to Earth to avenge Jagam's death, I guess.” She couldn't remember why he was there. “When I got there, Ishtar had nearly been cut in half. We fight, and he ends up getting trapped in a lake of mashed potatoes right before the creation god Asha'rah dropped a whole ass mountain on him. Can't remember how he was defeated, but eh, doesn't matter. Shortly after, one of Earth's cities was invaded by time-displaced people. I fought this cyborg Saiyan, while Parsley fought this Namekian with an actual dick who knew magic. Pinach and Rutaba and Seri were there and fought these primitive Saiyans who got stronger when their comrades died.

“This invasion ended when Ishtar nuked half the city by power-bombing an actual nuke onto a Frost Demon/Saiyan hybrid from orbit. After that, we fought an version of one of our allies from another timeline. This introduced us to the concept that there were at least six other timelines that were radically different from ours. Saiyans, for the most part, are all dead in these. In fact, I'm positive that this one is the only one where I'm still alive.

“Anyway, these six timelines occurred natural, and were a source of power for a person known at the time as The Doctor. They had six orbs of pure time energy stolen from Zurvan, called time stones, and had been using these to pluck minions from across time and space. She intended on becoming a time god and ripping time itself apart at the seams to turn back the clock and save her parents, Jinzi and Meagan Pantaloons. Zurvan's power being stolen from him actually put his life in danger, so we had to seal the six timelines by absorbing the latent time energy into a nexus device so he could reabsorb it.

“We visited these six. In the first one, Parsley and Tasure's son went Super Saiyan. I myself didn't go Super Saiyan until two timeline later, during a tournament where I was fighting an alternate version of Tasure's son. It was there that I met an alternate version of Enoki. In the final timeline we visited, we fought an alternate version of Ishtar with huge fucking tiddies. Unfortunately, I restrained myself, so I wasn't able to grab them and compare them to the real Ishtar. They looked so supple and pillowy soft, too. Like, I could, if I had the time and could get away with it without dying immediately after, just fucking push my face between them and motorboat them all day and night. And ahaha, you should have seen the size of her areol—”

“Sarada.”

“Oh. Sorry. They were huge. Anyway! During that fight, I was fighting some dumb Oni with a cursed sword. I tried to grab it to disarm him, but ended up getting cursed. I thought that by cutting my hand off, that'd stop the curse from spreading, but nah. So,” she lifted and waved her mechanical hand. “A Threshling princess named Nevanlinna uncursed me. I owe her one for saving my life, but I wish she owed me one instead. I'd make her shed her armor and show me her massive—”

“...So, we managed to successfully seal all the timelines and save Zurvan's life, and also stifle The Doctor's efforts. Turns out Ishtar's alternate was just a copy and we never actually met the real deal. Apparently she was just curious. Ishtar was super worried about facing her, but I was like, 'You're totally going to kick her ass because I believe in you', and she won. Yeah, it was a pale copy, but still.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default The Queen Returns Home II

“All that was left was the face The Doctor. Her base was, like, on the edge of the universe or something. We had to use an experimental GP ship to reach it in a timely manner. Thing was fucking fast; so fast, we reached the asteroid belt her base was located in like a few hours or day or something. I don't know. The time really blurred together.”

Maiz smacked her with a spoon.

“Hey! It was funny. Anyway, we infiltrated the base and split into three. My team – which consisted of myself, a human named Dash, a giant frog thing named Althena, Tasure, a Frost Demon GP lieutenant Blizzar, some... fucking void squid thing in a skin suit named Cthylla, and Aleka.” Sarada chuckled. “Aleka is a bunny woman with an ass so big, you could see it from the front, and just a fucking giant pair of—”

“Ears. ...My team faced off against yet another hybrid thing, this time a Namekian spliced with Frost Demon. Thing was fucking annoying but I fucked her **** up damn good. Broke my arm punching her to death. Before the thing attacked us, we found all these prisoners that were either about to be experimented on or had already undergone experiments. One was a hybrid Saiyan named Hops.

“Don't know about Parsley and Ishtar's team, but they survived, and that's all that matters. We all convened on The Doctor. Up to that point, we all assumed she was actually an alternate version of Jinzi, but she was his daughter. She was also a ****. I fucked her **** up, too. Punched her so hard, my arm literally exploded. Also, the mechanical heart she had in her chest to replace her actual heart exploded, nearly killing me. We then fought some pointless grunts and then we went back to Earth.”

She had drained two cups of tea in the time it took for her to finish recounting her tale. There were some details she left out, such as the First Race. Parsley could fill those parts in, she supposed.

Maiz gently placed her cup down and took several long moments to properly digest what she had just heard. It was very likely the weirdest story she had ever heard.

“Just when I thought I had seen and heard it all,” she eventually said with a stifled laugh. “Giant frogs, bunny people, and time travel. Amazing.” She shook her head and actually laughed. For a very long time, in fact.

When she calmed down, she wiped the tears from her eyes. “No wonder you like going to Earth so much.”

Sarada grinned. “It isn't so bad. But it isn't home.” She stood and stretched. “Nothing beats being home. Though, I have to return briefly for a few things. To pick up my new and improved prosthetic hand and arm, this summit the President of Earth is conducting,” and she completely forgot that he was actually a dragon. Something else to mention later. “And there's one place I'd like to visit, when my friends find it. So, hopefully I can kill two of those birds with one stone, as the humans say. That means solve two problems with one solution.”

“Yes, I... I gathered that. Yes, I'm interested in this summit. Should be conducive toward that alliance with Earth you spoke about some time ago. Though, if President—”

Before she could even think of enunciating that name, Sarada slapped a hand over her mouth. “His name is Alakazah. Please don't say that other name. If you do, he can hear everything you say after that. He's an ancient dragon, the first of his kind. For some reason, he's been bound to Earth and wears a skinsuit to blend in, but he's really a dragon. Parsley said so.”

Maiz was slightly startled by how fast Sarada was, but still nodded. “Alakazah. I... I understand.”

“Thank you.” She sighed and sat back down. “Don't know what the hell he wants, to be honest. I'm not even sure if it's safe to go, but I'd rather I go than you or someone else. He can't hurt us, but...” Her head shook slightly. “I don't know.”

“When is it?”

“Next week, I think. Now that his cover is blown – at least as far as I'm concerned – I'm not sure what his game is.”

“The only thing I can suggest is thinking it over the next few days. If he's preternaturally forbidden from bringing you any harm, then it can't hurt to go and see what he wants.”

She was right, but Sarada still had her reservations. She hoped Ishtar was going to, but she doubted it. She was probably going to be busy, anyway. “Thinking it over is a good idea.” She stood up again and started to walk out. “I need to take a shower and lay down.”

Maiz nodded and got up to show her where everything was.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "The main difference between our timelines was when Rex chose to assimilate Ogatan Charco," She began, "In the case of my time, it happened roughly two years prior to this moment. Unfortunately, this meant that most of the fighters here who could have stopped him simply lacked the power to. Upon discovering that the kami was gathering warriors, he chose to exploit it, first devouring those at Dusk City before moving on, growing in power with every tragedy he made."
    It was such a simple difference that result a truly dystopian world. One single decision was the key difference between this timeline and Shōchū's. The ramifications of assimilating Charco were great and immediate. From what she understood, the likes of Etrina, Erosa, and Ishtar were present in Dusk City when Eva first gathered them together on Earth. Thus, they fell first. From there, Eva's desperation was used against her as Ochazuke, Jack, and even Sarada were all killed and absorbed into Rex. With no one else left, Earth would have easily fallen.

Parsley could only assume that Rex then set his attention to the stars.

The chances of the same happening in this timeline were low. They were astronomically more powerful than they were when they first assembled. Rex would be hard-pressed to defeat any one of them without several others jumping into the fray. That didn't, however, mean that he couldn't get more power through tragedy. A creature who was empowered by rage, hatred, and the consumption of flesh had several options. There were billions of potential meals on this planet. The only solace was that his power was too great to be ignored by those privy to it. If he started trouble, Jack and Nunlil would be there.

To do what, exactly? His was more powerful than either of them.

She sighed and crossed her arms. "The defenders of this world was strong enough to keep him at bay. We have time to find a solution. The people of this world, however, are in danger. The two 'spies' Eva enlisted are too weak to do anything of note against someone as powerful as him."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Default Under the Mountain of Madness - Prologue Part 2

Part 1

I floated in a cold, dark place. My skin froze and burned at once, I felt pressure all around me, I screamed but no sound came. I was drowning......I could see the face of my brother, blurred into some indescribably thing by the chilled waters, but could not reach him. I tried to push up to him, but the hardened ice had frozen between us. I pounded.....and pounded.....again...and again. I felt the energy leave my body, as the light faded away

With a start, I awoke from the nightmare. The wind had lowered its screams to but a whisper, and he dripping of water echo'd softly from the rear of the cave.......and from the cave entrance I could hear the scraping of movement. Expecting my father, I fully awoke and turned my body to face him in greeting.

Against the storm outside, I could see the shadow of something approaching......but it was not human.

Fear took hold immediately, and like a frightened animal I quickly leaped to my feet and scampered to the safety of cover. The shadow paused at the cave and made several loud sniffing sounds, then stepped inside.

My eyes widened, my breath caught in my throat. I huddled and went silent as a mouse.

Its shape, the way it walked.....It was a Dinosaur. A particularly ugly and dangerous dinosaur. The Mortal enemies of my people. Wherever they had tried to thrive in the past, they had been there....hunting them, sometimes not even for food. Monsters, scales so thick even our strongest weapons broke, teeth so sharp they could tear a man apart in seconds, malicious intelligence that lived only to hunt and kill us. Monsters. Monsters.

And now one was here......so far in the north. Even if life was harsh here, this place should have been safe from them.

It sniffed the air once, then turned its eyes to where I had been sleeping......with footsteps like thunder, it crossed the distance in a heartbeat and gave another powerful sniff. Its eyes darted around the room, and for a moment it rested where I hid.....I pulled out of sight, my heart skipping a beat. My mind raced through a hundred possibilities....I had to wait til he left, stay hidden until then.....I wouldn't survive outside without my gear. I needed to warn father before he came back, warn the village that there were dinosaurs here now...I needed to

"Founnd youuu." The slow, harsh sounding voice cut into my thoughts even as my blood turned to ice. I looked up...

All the fear I had managed to suppress up to that moment exploded out all at once. I scream, staggered forward onto my hands and knees and made a desperate attempt at scurrying away. I hear it let out a sound akin to laughter before it pounced over the rocks I had been hiding behind, letting out a screeching roar.

The chase was on, and I was woefully unprepared.

Had it not been for the shape of the cave and its many rock formations, I no doubt would have been caught and eaten almost immediately....or even worse. Instead, my smaller form could slip between the rocks with much greater ease....while the monster could only go around or, in some cases, through the rocks with its large and powerful body. I could hear the thumping of its feet behind me, its screeching and laughter.....it obviously enjoying the chase to some degree. I dared not turn around, or slow down in the slightest for fear of seeing that mouth snap shut over my head. So I ran....deeper and deeper into the caves.

Deeper and Deeper into the Howling Giant.

There was no light here, and I was unsure if it was as great a hindrance to him as it was to me. Several times I stumbled, yet managed to quickly regain my footing and continue.

Yet, at some point my foot reached forward to find ground...as it had many times, and found nothing. For several fearful moments I tumbled forwards, smashing against rocks with my body, before coming to a painful heap deep below the earth. I gasped, and struggled to get up....but a sharp pain in my leg told me running was no longer possible. I pulled myself forward, eyes adjusting to the light....

.....light? There was illumination down here, yet I could not perceive from where it was coming from. I could make out the tunnel before me....and the brightness getting more intense in the distance.

With a scream, the monster crashed down behind me. It seems the lack of light did have a similar effect on him. The fall however, was more lenient, and within moments it was pulling itself up onto its feet and directing its narrowed eyes in upon her. Whatever humor it had found in the chase was long gone....these were the eyes of a killer with no more games to play. It screamed and took a step towards me. I braced myself and shut my eyes.

In the darkness, it screamed again.....

Then a loud slam of something crashing, the monster screaming in pain and.....the sounds of something massive and unearthly, even compared to that of the dinosaur. Something within told me to keep her eyes shut, whatever happened....and so I did, clenching my teeth through the pain and pulling forward towards the tunnel exit. Though I never looked at what transpired behind me.....the sounds......that scream........

Perhaps that monster had never known fear its entire life.....but in that moment I knew.

We were the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An eternity passed, or maybe just an hour.....I could not be sure. I pulled my broken body along that glowing tunnel, hoping that it would take me somewhere.....anywhere......

By the time I reached the end I had all but burned what energy remained, I slipped out and fell....rolling down a hill before coming to a hard rest against something warm and bright.

The chamber I had come to was massive in scope, its roof soaring far above me. From the walls and floors grew massive purple crystals, crossing from one end of the cave to the other, merging with each other and forming strange shapes.

Ah'lloigshogg nafl gof'n(Fear not child)

I felt something watching me......and the warmth against my back seemed to increase. With a painful grunt I turned to face the object I had some to rest against.....the largest of the purple crystals, towering almost the entire height of the chamber.

.....and the eye within it.....looking out at me.

Ymg' ah mgepnnn hai(You are safe now)

~Prologue Fin~
    Last edited by MrSandman; 09-29-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT:

All back on earth now, we shall officially begin Time Skip posting.

Since i’ll be involved in multiple side stories, these might not all be in sequential order FYI.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

All back on earth now, we shall officially begin Time Skip posting.

Since i’ll be involved in multiple side stories, these might not all be in sequential order FYI.
    OOC/OT: I think the first thing Meagan needs to do is check on Cyanna and Speak to Morgana. The rest I haven't figured out yet. Approximately how much time, Real World time, will we have for these Time Skip stores? A week? Two weeks?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC/OT: I think the first thing Meagan needs to do is check on Cyanna and Speak to Morgana. The rest I haven't figured out yet. Approximately how much time, Real World time, will we have for these Time Skip stores? A week? Two weeks?
    I’m thinking a fair ways into October. At least two weeks for sure if not longer.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m thinking a fair ways into October. At least two weeks for sure if not longer.
    OT: If you want to do three weeks, I'm okay with that. I write slowly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.