Page 185 of 294 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Order. With this you may see through another’s intent to devise the truth. You may weigh and judge them accordingly, so upon their deaths you can immediately judge their souls to heaven or HFIL. You may walk between Otherworld, HFIL, and the Living world as you will now, unhindered. Your power is increased, and it grants full immunity to someone controlling or erasing your mind. Beyond that you can also see when Death is near someone you share a connection to.”
    That was ... certainly a lot to take in.

Not simply a boost to her power level, it seemed her mother had afforded a rise in station. Not simply a 'mortal' in possession of Hakai now, but something more. For a long moment, Ishtar remained silent and she considered this ... and what it might mean for her -- and Sarada, and all those others she knew -- moving forward. And ultimately ... she hadn't the means at the moment to do so in a timely fashion. Meaning it was yet another thing to address, during her time away.

So with a smile offered to her mother, the Oni simply said.

"I ... I see. Thank you, Mother ... I will do my best to not disappoint."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It had been so long...

Eternities long felt since the wind had caressed his flesh, eons seemingly passed since he had last smelled the intoxicating scenes of the material world, and for far too long had it been since he tasted of warm blood trickling down his throat. The circumstances surrounding his emergence had distracted his thoughts, but could he truly enjoy life once more. The King of Early Earth had returned and but for a scant few moments did he feel contentment.

That was until he felt the sensation that he was being watched.

He had long since forsaken a life filled with basic pleasures. Never would he truly find happiness settling for anything less than complete power; not since the days as a hatchling, hiding from other predators that sought him out as an easy meal, forced to eat the remains of his slain siblings just to survive. Not even Death would stop his eternal ambitions, so he would certainly not stop now.

Tearing out another mouthful of the bear he had hunted, he could feel his wounds slowly repair themselves with each chew of the meat. The gash the artificial girl had given him would soon be a memory, but Charco...

He could feel the energy from this, his body, smoldering beneath the flesh. Like a curse, the boy's Final Extinction was still in effect and even in its death throes, it would prove to be debilitating to his growth until he managed to snuff it out. Unfortunately, he could just take the energy needed to douse the flame, at least, not in his usual way. He would need to find a hunting ground that the others were unaware of, ancient and powerful.

The realization brought a bloody grin to Rex's face as he recalled just the place. A forgotten civilization he had stomped out; even if it was just a pile of ruins, the magical power it once housed had long since seeped into the grounds, fermenting into an essence that would surely be enough to completely heal him if not more.

"Perhaps it is time I took a stroll down memory lane..."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she approached, she could easily hear the conversation. Turning first to Parsley, "I understand that you and Sarada lead the combat." A tinge of discomfort and pain played across her eyes, though she tried to keep herself calm. In the end, it didn't work out so well, "Charco, dammit, sorry, I'm still processing what happened to him. I'm still trying to come to terms with everything that happened, but I am grateful that everyone else made it back. I'm grateful to you and Sarada for making sure of that. Thank you."
    "Not quite," was all Parsley said in reply. She fell silent as Meagan attempted to compose herself after nearly breaking down at the thought of Charco. "The warrior fell in battle, the most honorable death in my culture. And his death wasn't without meaning. His final attack shook the station and destroyed Midori's lab and disrupted her work. Were she not time-locked, it would have easily killed her. It's just unfortunate that your sister was so easily goaded into making such an easily avoidable mistake. She's not entirely to blame, but she bears some responsibility."

She sighed. "As for Sarada and I leading the combat, not quite." They both played vital roles in the combat, but the bulk of Parsley's contributions came during the preparation and from a support aspect. Sarada, on the other hand, was one of the leaders, but not the only one. And not the most important one. "It was a collective effort, as usual. I played a more supportive role and actually didn't do much in the final battle with Midori. If you want people to thank, thank the likes of Ishtar, Ochazuke, Erosa, Nevanlinna, Blizzar, and Etrina, as well as Sarada. They played the most vital roles in our victory."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Not quite," was all Parsley said in reply. She fell silent as Meagan attempted to compose herself after nearly breaking down at the thought of Charco. "The warrior fell in battle, the most honorable death in my culture. And his death wasn't without meaning. His final attack shook the station and destroyed Midori's lab and disrupted her work. Were she not time-locked, it would have easily killed her. It's just unfortunate that your sister was so easily goaded into making such an easily avoidable mistake. She's not entirely to blame, but she bears some responsibility."

She sighed. "As for Sarada and I leading the combat, not quite." They both played vital roles in the combat, but the bulk of Parsley's contributions came during the preparation and from a support aspect. Sarada, on the other hand, was one of the leaders, but not the only one. And not the most important one. "It was a collective effort, as usual. I played a more supportive role and actually didn't do much in the final battle with Midori. If you want people to thank, thank the likes of Ishtar, Ochazuke, Erosa, Nevanlinna, Blizzar, and Etrina, as well as Sarada. They played the most vital roles in our victory."
    Meagan nodded, "Yes, of course." She then looked puzzled, "But, what did you mean about Cyanna? As I understand it, she was still in training and had not gone on the mission."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Meagan nodded, "Yes, of course." She then looked puzzled, "But, what did you mean about Cyanna? As I understand it, she was still in training and had not gone on the mission."
    "Hm, so you're unaware."

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "According to Charco himself, Cyanna talked him into confronting the parasite that had been lurking within him, a moment he was not ready for. She convinced him that a psychic -- allegedly a friend of Eva's named Morgana -- could help him train his mind to make him better able to resist. Instead of doing that, they decided to draw the creature out so they could converse with him. Cyanna, out of desperation or naivete or both, decided to try and tempt him with a metaphorical child she could have with Charco, under the pretense that said child would be a much more powerful vessel for the parasite.

"Rex, the parasite, used this as leverage against Charco and forced him to agree to be assimilated. So, in her efforts to save him, she doomed him. His body has been taken over by Rex and his mind, while still alive, has been shunted somewhere deep into his consciousness, I guess. There is a chance to save him, but I don't know how."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Hm, so you're unaware."

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "According to Charco himself, Cyanna talked him into confronting the parasite that had been lurking within him, a moment he was not ready for. She convinced him that a psychic -- allegedly a friend of Eva's named Morgana -- could help him train his mind to make him better able to resist. Instead of doing that, they decided to draw the creature out so they could converse with him. Cyanna, out of desperation or naivete or both, decided to try and tempt him with a metaphorical child she could have with Charco, under the pretense that said child would be a much more powerful vessel for the parasite.

"Rex, the parasite, used this as leverage against Charco and forced him to agree to be assimilated. So, in her efforts to save him, she doomed him. His body has been taken over by Rex and his mind, while still alive, has been shunted somewhere deep into his consciousness, I guess. There is a chance to save him, but I don't know how."
    "I see." Meagan spoke thoughtfully as she considered Parsley's words, "Until I speak with Cyanna, until I meet Morgana and speak with her myself, I can't respond to the why they chose to take that route. However, I think I may know why Cyanna took the gambit that she did."

"Perhaps she intended to speak of this with Charco at a later time, perhaps she though she already had." Meagan then tilted her head more upright as she spoke to Parsley, "When Cyanna was 8 she came down with an uncommon viral infection. During the war, medicine was hard to obtain, especially certain types of medicine. By the time the Sisters managed to find a source of the medicine needed to treat her, she was already deathly ill. She did recover, clearly, but not without complications. The most significant of those complications was that it made her sterile."

A resigned sadness colored her voice, "My little sister, who so desperately wants a family, can never have children of her own. Not with Charco, not with anyone. It is not a topic that is easy for her to discuss, though I am confident she would have confided it to Charco eventually."

Shaking her head slightly, "When I see Cyanna, I will discuss this with her. Seeing as how Morgana, according to Eva, felt the need to sedate her upon sharing teh news about Charco, there is no doubt she is in a lot of pain herself over what happened."

OT: Hey Cleric should Praxat go after The Red Raiders first , retrieve her blueprints and possibly the other things they stole from Capsule Corp , or discover a new type of radiation first
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That was ... certainly a lot to take in.

Not simply a boost to her power level, it seemed her mother had afforded a rise in station. Not simply a 'mortal' in possession of Hakai now, but something more. For a long moment, Ishtar remained silent and she considered this ... and what it might mean for her -- and Sarada, and all those others she knew -- moving forward. And ultimately ... she hadn't the means at the moment to do so in a timely fashion. Meaning it was yet another thing to address, during her time away.

So with a smile offered to her mother, the Oni simply said.

"I ... I see. Thank you, Mother ... I will do my best to not disappoint."
    “Now, some of those abilities will probably fade over the next five to ten years as you are not a proper Order Master like myself. The power boost will remain, as will the psychic control immunity for sure but that’s it unless infused with Order again by myself.”

She smiles and warmly hugs Ishtar, whispering in her ear.

“You could never let me down, Daughter. Never.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: Hey Cleric should Praxat go after The Red Raiders first , retrieve her blueprints and possibly the other things they stole from Capsule Corp , or discover a new type of radiation first
    Do the radiation thing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley matched the grin. In that regard, the mission was a roaring success. "Then it went better than expected." She smirked and crossed her arms. "Perhaps one day, I can test your strength. I don't think we've ever fought."
    She shakes her head.

“Never sparred with either of you. I’d be honored, Princess.”

She says this with a smirk on her face.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After speaking with Enoki, Parsley's curiosity was getting the better of her. She heard Nunlil tell Ishtar the the fallen goddess had recovered more memories, and they were not what she thought.

This perhaps could change a lot in regards to their thoughts about the goddess and her role in the universe as it was at that moment. It was fair to inquire of these new memories, in her mind.

She approached Asha'rah carefully. She was still a distance away when she called out to her. "I heard you learned something new about your past. Perhaps you'd like to share?"
    Asha’rah looked at her, a soft voice answering after a moment.

“Have you ever been so sure of something, so absolute in your faith, that to find out it was false is......shattering?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jack walked slowly and silently, following Rex as he had been requested to do. He knew the others thought him unprepared for this, and they weren’t wrong: he had fallen behind in terms of power. What he did have though, new sword notwithstanding, was Grave Magic.

Shek'hinah had explained it to him, his latent mage genes having been awoken upon his death and resurrection. Grave magic was something only those killed and brought back could use, and it was inherently different and hard to understand. With it he could do much in response to the dead, such as rendering his aura and body like the dead: nothing. No one could sense him, no one could see him if he so wished, and so shrouded in Grave magic he stalked after Rex unseen and unknown.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi, meanwhile, spends some time with Azura and Meagan while she’s on Earth. He promises the two will visit when she goes into labor and stay awhile afterwards, but for now he’s needed here to do repairs and make Sarada’s and Ishtar’s new limbs.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, meanwhile, spends some time with Azura and Meagan while she’s on Earth. He promises the two will visit when she goes into labor and stay awhile afterwards, but for now he’s needed here to do repairs and make Sarada’s and Ishtar’s new limbs.
    After Meagan's talk with Parsley and Asha'rah, but before Jinzi goes off into his little world of engineering and technology, she goes to Azura.

"Since Jinzi is going to be busy, would you like to come with me? This will give you a chance to see more of Earth, and perhaps even return with me to Chroma in a few days. It woudl also gives us a chance to get to know each other better."

After Meagan's talk with Parsley and Asha'rah, but before Jinzi goes off into his little world of engineering and technology, she goes to Azura.

"Since Jinzi is going to be busy, would you like to come with me? This will give you a chance to see more of Earth, and perhaps even return with me to Chroma in a few days. It woudl also gives us a chance to get to know each other better."
    She pauses, then nods slowly.

“Mother was....was more obsessed with Grandfather than with you, so my knowledge of you is lacking. I would....enjoy spending a day with you, Grandmother.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM