Page 195 of 294 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Appel was thrown from her bed to the floor by the sudden stop. The spoon slipped from her grip and slid under her bed. "No! What's going on?!" She didn't have a chance to ask anything further or to reach for the chosen instrument of her demise. The door to the transport was suddenly ripped open. A man was on the other side. She didn't recognize him, nor did she have any idea what he was talking about. "...what?"

It sounded like he was helping them escape, but why? No one wanted to help them, even when they were still in the Galaxy Police's good graces. "Why are you helping us?" The otherwise quiet Tuffles murmured their agreement.
    "My name is Lantro. Like you and your people, I've seen the kind of atrocities the Saiyans can commit firsthand..." the man answered. "I've seen them raze villages to the ground. Force proud people into servitude...and they have the gall to try and make good after all the pain they've caused. The audacity to try and pretend they've changed for the better?" He clenched one of his hands into a fist.

"From what I've heard you found that as preposterous as I do. And what's even more preposterous..." The former Galaxy Policeman drew a small spherical device from his pocket that displayed several hologrpahic articles before him, regarding the Saiyans. "Is the fact that the galaxy seems to want to buy this schlock. I for one....do not intend to let this injustice persist. I would hope that you feel the same way..."

"If not..." Lantro shrugged. "This planet isn't half bad...some dangerous beasts but...if you get your hands on the weapons the GP left in the guards' armory, you can take care of them quite handily," he pointed over at the the section of the ship adjacent to their holding cells. "Butsl! ....If you still seek righteous vegeance then I will gladly help you take this game into overtime."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "My name is Lantro. Like you and your people, I've seen the kind of atrocities the Saiyans can commit firsthand..." the man answered. "I've seen them raze villages to the ground. Force proud people into servitude...and they have the gall to try and make good after all the pain they've caused. The audacity to try and pretend they've changed for the better?" He clenched one of his hands into a fist.

"From what I've heard you found that as preposterous as I do. And what's even more preposterous..." The former Galaxy Policeman drew a small spherical device from his pocket that displayed several hologrpahic articles before him, regarding the Saiyans. "Is the fact that the galaxy seems to want to buy this schlock. I for one....do not intend to let this injustice persist. I would hope that you feel the same way..."

"If not..." Lantro shrugged. "This planet isn't half bad...some dangerous beasts but...if you get your hands on the weapons the GP left in the guards' armory, you can take care of them quite handily," he pointed over at the the section of the ship adjacent to their holding cells. "Butsl! ....If you still seek righteous vegeance then I will gladly help you take this game into overtime."
    He was right. Everything Lantro just said was the truth. The Saiyans hadn't changed; it was all just a clever ploy to get everyone on their side and off their backs, at the expense of their surviving victims. The Tuffles had been left out to dry by the galaxy, while those monsters were being praised for "changing their ways".

"You're right," Appel said, with growing agreeable murmurs from her fellows. She stood and stepped out of the vessel to get a load of the planet they were on. One glance showed that it was nothing compared to Bananan. Their home was the only place for them.

She wanted to tell him to take them there, but there was one place they had to go to first. The place where her ace-in-the-hole was waiting. Once she had the chance to activate it, the Saiyans would realize the folly of their efforts before they were wiped from existence.

"I don't know what overtime or game you keep talking about, but we're in. Our planet will be ours again!" The cheers from the few remaining Tuffles proved that they were still behind her, despite the initial failure. "But first, there's one place we need to go to get ready. The instrument of the Saiyans' destruction awaits us." She told him the location of the small planetoid they needed to go to. "Can you take us there?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

"I'm positive their his because we have two more just like it."

Incenio hadn't been to their universe, but there had been a Alakazah in another universe. Hm. Sarada's gears were starting to turn. "I remember hearing that there was an Alakazah in another universe. If they're one and the same, then it stands to reason that his dragonballs can cross over into other universes, too." Which, if true, meant that their nightmare time travel adventures weren't over yet.

"I think the answers to a lot of our questions are at that Shrine." She turned and looked at Jinzi. "Did anyone ever check that shrine out? I remember Parsley mentioning something about it last month."
    "The Shrine? Was I off on vacation when thi---"

A loud explosion could be heard in the background, bursting through what sounded like rock and stone.

"Maramade! What the hell are you doing back there?! There's no construction planned for today!"

Frantic shouting could be heard by different parties, and the desperate pounding of feet on the pavement.

"....A giant frog? A giant angry frog? Did you see what she wanted? It's probably Althena, although she shouldn't be so primitive as to not know how to knock...."

Another explosion reverberated through the communicator.

"What the hell do you mean it's a guy? And why the hell is he here for me? I only know like three frogs, and all of them are girls...And as a general rule, I try to stay as far away from Todian policies as I can. Are you certain that---"

Faintly, a deep voice, with a timbur as solid as oak spoke, a promise of vengeance in every word he spoke.

"Finally, the hour is at hand to punish you for your wicked deeds, Held Debon! This castle is no doubt a monument to your debauchy and filled with the ill gotten gains from a deed filled with wickedness....I trust your Acrosian friend told you that the hour--

"Kami Damnit.....So...Hey guys..." Held sighed, "Good talk. I guess I had an appointment I forgot to pencil in or something."

The communication ended a moment later.
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.

At times, news traveled slowly through space. It was a rather large and incredibly expansive area, after all. However, the news of Blizz's and Cooled's deaths at the hands of Queen Sarada spread quickly, and reached a waypoint belonging to Tundra. When he heard the news, he was annoyed. "They botch even this simple assignment," he groused.

With a heavy sigh, he leaned forward in his hoverchair and steepled his fingers. "What was it Lackey #4234 said?"

Letchee answered promptly. "That the Saiyan Queen claimed she was a Super Saiyan."

"Hmph!" Tundra believed that there hadn't been a Super Saiyan in over two thousand years, ever since Vocado. Still, if this girl truly killed both my children by herself as this faceless grunt said, there may be merit to her boastful claim. "There hasn't been a Super Saiyan since Vocado defeated my ancestor, Icer, two millennia ago. I need more proof than a Saiyan braggadocio." He tapped his chin. A second later, a sly smile appeared. "Very well. If this girl has achieved this legendary level of power, then it's apparent that I will need to respond."

"Of course, my Lord."

"However, I can't be bothered to actual be in the presence of that many accursed apes at once. Letchee, you and Doroga go to Vocado and face this so-called Super Saiyan. If she's up to snuff, then I will face her myself. If not, bring me her head and the heads of all who stand in your way."

"At once, my Lord. However, according to the star maps, it will take us nearly a year to arrive from our current position."

"Yes. Your point?"

"I...I will be leaving now."

"Great! I eagerly await your report." Tundra turned away from Letchee and turned his gaze to the atmospheric view of the greenish-yellow planet they were orbiting around. One of his favorites among the hundreds under his control. It had the best wine in the galaxy, by far.

Letchee trembled the moment he was free from Tundra's presence. With a heavy sigh, he floated swiftly toward the docking area of the ship to procure a ship for himself. Daroga was some ways away and would have to meet him halfway so to ensure they arrived together. If the Saiyan Queen was indeed a Super Saiyan, then this was almost certainly a suicide mission -- assuming, of course, that the boastful Saiyans were truthful in regards to Vocado's power in that form.

He board the ship and informed several hundred foot soldiers to follow him to Vocado. Then, as he was taking off, he contacted Daroga to fill him in.

The gray-skinned, six-armed Draconian cleric answered.

"You and I are to travel to Vocado to gain the measure of the Saiyan Queen for Lord Tundra. I assume you've heard about Blizz and Cooled?"

"I have indeed," he answered. "A pity. So much potential, snuffed out." He shook his head. "Shall I await your arrival before engaging?"

"No, stay put where you are. I'll be there in a few months, then we'll travel there together. I have a few hundred of Lord Tundra's strongest soldiers with me. The Saiyans have been growing stronger over the last few years, so we'll need them to keep them off our backs while we test the Queen."

Daroga nodded. "Very well. I will see you soon, Letchee."

He nodded and ended the transmission. His ship, followed by dozens more carrying the small army, departed from Tundra's warship en route to Daroga's location. A Super Saiyan? Is it really possible after all this time?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He was right. Everything Lantro just said was the truth. The Saiyans hadn't changed; it was all just a clever ploy to get everyone on their side and off their backs, at the expense of their surviving victims. The Tuffles had been left out to dry by the galaxy, while those monsters were being praised for "changing their ways".

"You're right," Appel said, with growing agreeable murmurs from her fellows. She stood and stepped out of the vessel to get a load of the planet they were on. One glance showed that it was nothing compared to Bananan. Their home was the only place for them.

She wanted to tell him to take them there, but there was one place they had to go to first. The place where her ace-in-the-hole was waiting. Once she had the chance to activate it, the Saiyans would realize the folly of their efforts before they were wiped from existence.

"I don't know what overtime or game you keep talking about, but we're in. Our planet will be ours again!" The cheers from the few remaining Tuffles proved that they were still behind her, despite the initial failure. "But first, there's one place we need to go to get ready. The instrument of the Saiyans' destruction awaits us." She told him the location of the small planetoid they needed to go to. "Can you take us there?"
    Lantro scratched his chin, curious as to what this 'instrument' may be. "I'm at your service," he said after a moment. "There should be some spare suits in the ship. Have you and your people put those on, hang tight in the ship and I'll haul you over there."

Lantro paused, internally debating something for a moment. "One last thing, though. Regarding the Saiyans, I mean," he sighed bitterly. "Think you should know on advanced as long as we're working together but...my father was one."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

A loud explosion could be heard in the background, bursting through what sounded like rock and stone.

"Maramade! What the hell are you doing back there?! There's no construction planned for today!"

Frantic shouting could be heard by different parties, and the desperate pounding of feet on the pavement.

"....A giant frog? A giant angry frog? Did you see what she wanted? It's probably Althena, although she shouldn't be so primitive as to not know how to knock...."

"What the hell do you mean it's a guy? And why the hell is he here for me? I only know like three frogs, and all of them are girls...And as a general rule, I try to stay as far away from Todian policies as I can. Are you certain that---"

Faintly, a deep voice, with a timbur as solid as oak spoke, a promise of vengeance in every word he spoke.

"Finally, the hour is at hand to punish you for your wicked deeds, Held Debon! This castle is no doubt a monument to your debauchy and filled with the ill gotten gains from a deed filled with wickedness....I trust your Acrosian friend told you that the hour--

"Kami Damnit.....So...Hey guys..." Held sighed, "Good talk. I guess I had an appointment I forgot to pencil in or something."

Sarada raised an eyebrow, but ultimately shrugged. Whatever it was was Held's problem. She had serious scientific testing to do once she got back to the Palace. "Alright, Jinzi. Gotta head back home. Maiz said I had to be back in thirty minutes."

She grinned and gave Ishtar's butt a hearty squeeze. "And I'll see you tonight, babe." She stole a kiss before disappearing through a portal.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Lantro scratched his chin, curious as to what this 'instrument' may be. "I'm at your service," he said after a moment. "There should be some spare suits in the ship. Have you and your people put those on, hang tight in the ship and I'll haul you over there."

Lantro paused, internally debating something for a moment. "One last thing, though. Regarding the Saiyans, I mean," he sighed bitterly. "Think you should know on advanced as long as we're working together but...my father was one."
    Appel gestured for someone to find the spare suits. He returned a few minutes later with his arms full. She took one and started to get dressed. "You're a half-Saiyan, huh?" She looked him up and down. Her initial thought was to condemn him, but was it really his fault? It wasn't his fault his mother had horrible taste in men. That was assuming she had any choice in the matter.

She wouldn't put it past one of those deplorable apes to just take a woman as a prize and impregnate her. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'm assuming your mother had no choice in the matter."

A few minutes passed before Appel and her fellow survivors were clad in the spacesuits. "Given how Saiyan despise your kind, I now know you have a personal stake in this."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Tied off between the netted muslin cloth, the grains slowly sank to the bottom of the steaming water, and sweet, earthy notes rose as the hot water drew it down, soaking it to the thin string at the edge of the pot.

"It's a touch more than I'd use for a grain mash," Zaofan said to Shochu, "Never been too much for a darker brew, myself. But hey, we'll consider this one a test batch."

Once they let it go, the roasted grainsand nutbrown caramelization began to spread deeply, and the Lookout's kitchen was perfumed with a warm, malty air. A keg of pale ale for the future of stouts was beginning to seem like more than a fair trade. Still, this was an endeavour that required patience, and it had not yet been a day.

While he waited for the grains to settle - one last stir for good measure - he turned his attention to tending the kitchen space, when suddenly he found several containers splayed out on the counter.

"What the- " Even from a distance, Shochu could see his eye twitch, and the efforts he took to mellow his breathing. "-did someone go for a food run and forget we had a fridge?!"

It was a point of personal pride for him that he knew exactly what lay within cool and dry storage in the kitchen space; not only so he could prepare on a short notice, but also because even with the rate this group tended to go through things, there was an exacting flow of old and new ingredients that had to be maintained.

As he had seen from the Eight-Star Eatery to the fishing village off the Paprika Coast, the constant maxim was that absolute worst kind of chef is a wastefulone.

Slowly, he opened a contained and took a small sniff and-

"...what is this stuff?"

Zaofan's eyes darted from the specific instructions, back to the alien ingredients, then back to the instructions again.

...I have no idea which one of these things is which.
    Qaztoh enters the kitchen and sees Zaofan looking at ingredients for Zeef Roast. Qaztoh decides to help by pointing out which ingredient is which. " Okay, the thick blue liquid is Xoysauce. The pink crystal stuff is Zarlic Alhio," Qaztoh said.

" I can tell from the minty aroma. The black powder is Black Vepper. The reddish-brown powder is Dry Zustard powder. The white liquid that has a strong smell to it is white Zinegar," Qaztoh said.

The thick oozy green liquid is Voney. The blue powder is ground Xinger, the purple stuff is Zelery seeds. The orange powder is Xornstarch. The brown liquid is melted Vutter," Qaztoh said.

" Then there's the meat in the middle which is derived from a Xow. That cut of meat is a high-quality grade. I can tell it came from the rump of a healthy and mature Xow," Qaztoh said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Just enough to make a small modification device for my goggles. A Iridium Diamond would also be useful, but I doubt Capsule Corp has one," Praxat said.

( Well, I hope Zaofan can tell which ingredients for Zeef Roast are which? I translated the labels on the containers to English. However, Frogiaria is a difficult language to translate to English ) Praxat thought.

( So I might have mistranslated the ingredients, or my translations might be too literal, ) Praxat thought.
    After a few moments, Wheelo gets back on.

“Jinzi says there’s about a half kilogram he can spare. Just swing by and pick it up in the rebuilt main office.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Shrine Time:

The tunnels beneath the absolutely ruined Turtle Island extend far and deep. Those going to this mysterious place take over an hour of twisting paths before opening into a brazier lit cavern (the braziers appears ever lasting, a looped magical fire spell apparently)

In the back sits a stone building, ordinary in its construction though very, very old. The double doors, ancient and pitted wood, seem to have a faded dragon head painted on both.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I'm positive their his because we have two more just like it."

Incenio hadn't been to their universe, but there had been a Alakazah in another universe. Hm. Sarada's gears were starting to turn. "I remember hearing that there was an Alakazah in another universe. If they're one and the same, then it stands to reason that his dragonballs can cross over into other universes, too." Which, if true, meant that their nightmare time travel adventures weren't over yet.

"I think the answers to a lot of our questions are at that Shrine." She turned and looked at Jinzi. "Did anyone ever check that shrine out? I remember Parsley mentioning something about it last month."
    He nods.

“Yeah, she was going there. I think she filed a report and shared it. Check your messages.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "In Sakin's hunt for the Guardians, some were made prey. Others, his thrall. Yet you spoke of your connection to him, as if the force of Creation itself is its link." Between the ancient Ring and the vial, Ochazuke attempted to draw upon the tiny well of power as he spoke. "Where is he now? Can you find the Forsworn World even if it moves?"

Moreover, he had said he was drawn to his doom upon the first world Asha'rah had brought into existence. Inda'ren's bloody shadow is cast long across the ages.

"How does this celestial foe fight that he would fell the Guardian of a World even in his diminished state?"

Of course in a dialogue with a once-King, there would always be a discussion of legacy and successions. Whether the throne was placed among or over the Earth, what difference would it make?

"I doubt Jack knew a thing about his heritage until very recently," Ochazuke replied, "Of late he had been a reckless youth content to live without a care in the world, living as he pleased until some misfortune would lead him to loss or an early grave."

And indeed it had. However these days, the gambler had hardly only the random luck of his hand to draw upon. How fortunate he had at last realized this. Very few had the luxury of a second chance, and he'd been making each new waking moment count.

"Your acting heir, however, is the last survivor of Vermillion, and this Crimson Titan is the instrument of her will." Ochazuke raised the head of the fallen golem, inlaid within it was an intricate layering of the hardest minerals to weather the strength of a world's chaotic ages. Held between his fingers shrouded in nullification, it felt like glass. How ironic that it would be brought to face its creator, his seat of power so far from the Earth they had been charged to protect.

"Does the name Alakazah mean anything to you? For them, and the world desiring safety and protection, it means everything."
    He draws upon it, an image of a brilliant light inside his mind, comforting and warm, as he does so.

“I am uncertain. The connection was always more one sided. I could possibly find where it had been and possibly you could track it from that.”

Arthur sighs.

“I’m afraid he fought from ambush. When I landed, I was blinded by images within my head and while stunned, he struck from behind with a strange dagger made of liquid and glowing silver, like mercury. He wounded me straight away, and after that we dueled. Whatever the dagger was it poisoned me, my strength fled quickly and he overwhelmed me. That poison......never the like had I seen before. It ate away my ki reservers like water through a sieve.”

Arthur listens with a sad air to know Willa controls Damask and used him for ill. Upon asking about Alakazah, however, he nods slowly.

“The Old Dragon, First of his kind. Called Alakazah by his own choosing, named Grinthorn by Earth, born Eldfen by Lord Zeno and the Grand Priest. Bound to live a half life, no wishes granted until either a peer makes a wish upon his very form. Or, if the old legends are true, his dragon balls start to re-emerge and he manages to get them. He’ll wish himself free then.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Jinzi sweat drops and shakes his head.

“Well.....I’m sure he’ll figure that out. Hopefully.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Shrine Time:

The tunnels beneath the absolutely ruined Turtle Island extend far and deep. Those going to this mysterious place take over an hour of twisting paths before opening into a brazier lit cavern (the braziers appears ever lasting, a looped magical fire spell apparently)

In the back sits a stone building, ordinary in its construction though very, very old. The double doors, ancient and pitted wood, seem to have a faded dragon head painted on both.
    Parsley looked around, taking in as much of this ancient and dilapidated island as she could. If she wasn't mistaken, this was Turtle Island, the location of the most recent World Martial Arts tournament that Sarada and a few of her allies took part in in an effort to liberate a dragonball from the late Simon Battersea. It was destroyed in an attack by Fife, the fallen Guardian of old. The ruins were all that was left of this once majestic and historic place.

A shame.

"Unless I'm wrong, the ancient Turtle style martial arts school resided here," she commented. She fell silent when they came to the eternal flame of the brazier and the double doors bearing the mark of a dragon's head. "This must be it."

Interesting that a shrine to Alakazah would be there, on Turtle Island. She wondered if there was any connection between him and the school. Something to wonder about later, she supposed. She looked around the doors, Observational Insight directing her focus to anything of interest.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley looked around, taking in as much of this ancient and dilapidated island as she could. If she wasn't mistaken, this was Turtle Island, the location of the most recent World Martial Arts tournament that Sarada and a few of her allies took part in in an effort to liberate a dragonball from the late Simon Battersea. It was destroyed in an attack by Fife, the fallen Guardian of old. The ruins were all that was left of this once majestic and historic place.

A shame.

"Unless I'm wrong, the ancient Turtle style martial arts school resided here," she commented. She fell silent when they came to the eternal flame of the brazier and the double doors bearing the mark of a dragon's head. "This must be it."

Interesting that a shrine to Alakazah would be there, on Turtle Island. She wondered if there was any connection between him and the school. Something to wonder about later, she supposed. She looked around the doors, Observational Insight directing her focus to anything of interest.
    The doors are warded with a magnificently powerful curse. Had she tried to open them she most likely would have been fried to a crisp.

Odd that they would be sealed and cursed if this was in fact, a shrine.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM