Page 225 of 294 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: For Cleric
    “Very well. Send them.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He’s there, busy tinkering with a small round device.
    "Hey, Brother Jinzi!" Cyanna's voice called out, arriving before she did, "Meagan's doctors said it could happen at anytime. She really wants you to be there when she gives birth."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey, Brother Jinzi!" Cyanna's voice called out, arriving before she did, "Meagan's doctors said it could happen at anytime. She really wants you to be there when she gives birth."
    After about twenty second, she hears a small clicking sound and the device seems complete.

Jinzi turns and smiles.

“Lead on.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After about twenty second, she hears a small clicking sound and the device seems complete.

Jinzi turns and smiles.

“Lead on.”
    Grabbing his hand, Cyanna opens the portal to Chroma and nearly drags him through it. Entering the Portal Room, Cyanna then teleports the two of them upstairs, only to find Meagan eating a meal at a table. Though she was always on the lean side of muscular, right now she was looking gaunt and tired, with a large, swollen Abdomen showing through her loose clothes. It is clear that this pregnancy is not going to be a normal one.

Seeing Jinzi, Meagan smiles in joy and relief as she drops down her fork and stands up to greet him. Her footing is slow and shaky as she tries to go over to him.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "...hold that thought," Blizzar raised a hand, eyes darting around and wondering if Durive could appear at any moment.

"Praxat..." Blizzar sighed. "To be completely honest, I'm not even entirely certain exactly how I wound up on this ship, let alone in the right state of mind to formulate a plan with minimal information on the enemy...but seeing as the remaining pirate's collective bounties are such a big number, I took the liberty of messaging the closest GP contingent nearby. They should have a response ready soon."

Blizzar slides slightly to the left, avoiding the laser. Being able to breathe in space, he doesn't seem to be stirred much, instead opting to continue the conversation regarding the plan. "In any case, should that fail, I plan to expedite this process immensely."

ELSEWHERE.....

A stern figure stepped onto the command deck overlooking eager officers, ready to administer justice throughout the vast sea of stars. Within the Galaxy Police were certain individuals distributed with a special rank. One such officer was Admiral Cuttinboard.

Sabre sheathed at his side he addressed his officers. "A fine evening it is, lads....a fine evening for the harpoon of justice to pierce the fiercest of beasts in the unfathomable depths of space! Never before have we faced such a challenge, but never before have we backed down either! Pirates! Kidnapping children...most unbecoming of our fair galaxy. But fear not, boyos.....this ends today."

Cuttinboard began to pierce in place. "Fiends in mortal flesh they are, but like cowards they hide from the piercing eyes of the just. But from our fair base, we will not rest until they are wiped out. Pierced with VIGILANT SWORD THAT CUTS THE COOL NIGHT WIND!" Cuttinboard began to yell at the top of his lungs, startling everyone below. "THE RIGHTEOUS BLADE PERILOUS THAT WILL ASSAIL THEM UNTIL THE ENDS OF TIME!" Cuttinboard quickly calmed down, explaining firther, "And that sword comes in the form of 999,950,000,000 Beeteor Missiles. A missile for each credit their worthless hides are worth! They make their den on the planet Apox, and it is there thay the arrow of the fighters will shriek a cry so loud as to pierce pierce the heavens with it's valiant fury!"

"Now everyone...to your stations. And always remember..."

Cuttinboard placed a hand on his sword, fixed at his side like a normal savre.

He took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I know some of you may not know all about me, some have low opinions of me, and some may not care what I have to say, but it will be said regardless." He looked over the sea of his officers. He spoke again pacing in front of the portal "I
    know that some of you are nervous, maybe even a touch afraid, I can understand this, we face an enemy in Sonata and the Buccaneers the likes of which the world has never seen and might never see again...but consider this." He stopped cocking an eye and looking at them.

"About 24000 years ago their was a battle at a place called Thermopylae. 300 brave Spartans held off a Persian army of over a million men, let me say that again one million men. Untill that time The Persian empire was the greatest ever
    streaching as far as the eye could see. They shook the ground with their march drinked whole rivers dry. Then as now they seemed unstoppable, yet their brave King Leonidas boldly stood firm and said he would not lay down. He took his men
    to meet the army and they indeed stood their ground."

He paced again "For three days the Spartans made the Persians pay so dearly that they lost all taste for battle and were defeated soon after. They were the last great hope and they held firm. If they can hold, if they can give all they had
    to protect a world from slavery and darkness then I say we can to. We all came for different reasons, different motives but all that matters now is this."

Cuttinboard turns his head and revels the Kanji for "Honor" still showing brightly.

He turns back "We must stand together to face this foe. we must as the Spartans give all we have. Beyond that portal their is no quarter, if you lay down your arms you will die, your friends will die, your family will die. Just beyond the
    evil stirs and it knows what it faced at just a hand full of us, but now they will see the entire dragon dorm!" Cuttinboard pounded his chest "We have always stood together, no retreat no surrender, we will fight."

Cuttinboard held firm to his Sabre "There may come a day in which we break all bounds of fellowship and forsake all that we hold dear, but it is not this day, Cuttinboard draws on of his sabre and holds it high. "THIS DAY WE FIGHT!"

Cuttinboard pounded his chest again. "A new age has begun a age of freedom, of justice, and all will know that all of us Galaxy Policeman gave their last to defend it!"

"Yes fight and you may die, run and you may live, at least awhile. But dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for on chance just one chance to come to this place step
    through this portal and fight along side your friends and proudly say you may take our lives?!" Cuttinboard draws his other sword and crosses them in the air above
    his head.

"BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE THE GALAXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

Cuttinboard roared, hoping his fellow officers would follow. He yelled a mighty battle cry and jumped in, followed closely by Valeria.

No one heard it. Everyone left. Cuttinboard looked a tad upset, brushing his cost off in a huff. An engineer stepped forward, a puzzled expression upon his face. "Frankly, I was hoping for a better reaction," the Admiral admitted.

"Frankly, none of us knew what the fuck that was," the engineer pointed out. "You want us to fire the uh...'Righteous Blade', your worship?" He mocked.

"Yes, that'd be best..." Cuttinboard nodded quickly.

Soon all 999,950,000,000 launched with gusto, making a beeline for the Buccaneer's hideout.
    Once the ship lands, a massive tower comes in view That looks rundown. On it is a worn-out plague that reads Halcyon Tower Asylum. " Honestly, I'm on the same boat as you, Blizzar. I have no idea how I got on this ship either," Praxat said.

" The last thing I remember was that I was at the Lookout and, now I'm suddenly on this ship," Praxat said.

OT: Miburo are you still up for face off against the pirates?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Once the ship lands, a massive tower comes in view That looks rundown. On it is a worn-out plague that reads Halcyon Tower Asylum. " Honestly, I'm on the same boat as you, Blizzar. I have no idea how I got on this ship either," Praxat said.

" The last thing I remember was that I was at the Lookout and, now I'm suddenly on this ship," Praxat said.

OT: Miburo are you still up for face off against the pirates?
    "No, we're not on the ship. The ship got hit by a massive laser and I'm floating in space," Blizzar reminded Praxat, continuing off of the last post where he was in fact floating in space due to the laser shot directly at the ship. "Unless you can breathe in space I'd likely advice for you to hold your breath...perhaps fro quite some time. As far as I'm aware, nearly one trillion missiles are on a warpath for the planet below..."

“Very well. Send them.”

Earl sends the videos over to Nadila's father. On one of the videos is footage of Sonata talking to Von. Von, are you sure this whole brainwashing thing is going to work, and why children?" Sonata said in the video.

" Because children are more subject to brainwashing then adults. Yes, it's going to work but it's only tempory. So the children we have to be reform every so often." Von said.

" I just don't know about abducting children Von," Sonata said.

" Trust me, it's going to work," Von said.

The footage in this video happen eleven years ago. The following videos show Von brainwashing children to obey Sonata. The videos show him depriving the children of food and sleep.

Triggering a traumatic experience in their lives, playing on their insecurities. Making them feel strong emotions of love and fear at the same time. Feeding them negative suggestions.

in one of the videos, a 14-year-old Nadila is being mentally tortured by Von. " Your mother is here, child. Everything is going to be alright," Von said.

In the video, Nadila believes that Von is really her mother. " Mom, I miss you." a 14-year-old Nadila said.

" There, there pumpkin everything is going to be alright. " Von said.

Suddenly Nadila backs away from the von and looks at her hands with a scared look in her eyes." Blood, why is there blood on my hands?" Nadila said.

Nadila then starts calling out to her father in the video who isn't even there." Father, please don't do this. Don't kill mother again. Please, I beg you, I don't want to lose her again," Nadila said.

In the video, it seems like Nadila is having a mental breakdown as she starts to cry in the video.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-26-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "No, we're not on the ship. The ship got hit by a massive laser and I'm floating in space," Blizzar reminded Praxat, continuing off of the last post where he was in fact floating in space due to the laser shot directly at the ship. "Unless you can breathe in space I'd likely advice for you to hold your breath...perhaps fro quite some time. As far as I'm aware, nearly one trillion missiles are on a warpath for the planet below..."

Praxat quickly holds her breath by a covering up her skin, ( That damn pirate Nadila. She must have drugged me,) Praxat thought.

The nearly one trillion missiles crash into the planet. Creating a massive crater obliterate the tower. Revealing the underground military base below.

in his war room, Sonata is looking at a monitor when a member of his crew enters." Captain, We're under attack," the pirate said.

Sonata looks at the pirate. " I know," Sonata said. Sonata walks out of the war room and addresses the crew he still has left," Alright everyone battle stations," Sonata said.

"This base is about to be storm any moment now. We need to protect it. Make sure none of the children get free and make sure no one gets their hands on the treasure!" Sonata said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Grabbing his hand, Cyanna opens the portal to Chroma and nearly drags him through it. Entering the Portal Room, Cyanna then teleports the two of them upstairs, only to find Meagan eating a meal at a table. Though she was always on the lean side of muscular, right now she was looking gaunt and tired, with a large, swollen Abdomen showing through her loose clothes. It is clear that this pregnancy is not going to be a normal one.

Seeing Jinzi, Meagan smiles in joy and relief as she drops down her fork and stands up to greet him. Her footing is slow and shaky as she tries to go over to him.
    He holds her gently and supports her.

“Hello love. Beautiful as always.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Earl sends the videos over to Nadila's father. On one of the videos is footage of Sonata talking to Von. Von, are you sure this whole brainwashing thing is going to work, and why children?" Sonata said in the video.

" Because children are more subject to brainwashing then adults. Yes, it's going to work but it's only tempory. So the children we have to be reform every so often." Von said.

" I just don't know about abducting children Von," Sonata said.

" Trust me, it's going to work," Von said.

The footage in this video happen eleven years ago. The following videos show Von brainwashing children to obey Sonata. The videos show him depriving the children of food and sleep.

Triggering a traumatic experience in their lives, playing on their insecurities. Making them feel strong emotions of love and fear at the same time. Feeding them negative suggestions.

in one of the videos, a 14-year-old Nadila is being mentally tortured by Von. " Your mother is here, child. Everything is going to be alright," Von said.

In the video, Nadila believes that Von is really her mother. " Mom, I miss you." a 14-year-old Nadila said.

" There, there pumpkin everything is going to be alright. " Von said.

Suddenly Nadila backs away from the von and looks at her hands with a scared look in her eyes." Blood, why is there blood on my hands?" Nadila said.

Nadila then starts calling out to her father in the video who isn't even there." Father, please don't do this. Don't kill mother again. Please, I beg you, I don't want to lose her again," Nadila said.

In the video, it seems like Nadila is having a mental breakdown as she starts to cry in the video.
    Her father watches and once it’s over, nods.

“Very well then.”

He begins setting in motion the best legal defense he can get.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...so you're skimping out on training, despite the gap in your knowledge."

Zaofan wrung the cloth into a rat-tail, then swiped it outward with a snap. In an instant the residual moisture flecked off, and the linen was air-dry.

"And you're already planning to break off on your own, really?" Folding the corners neatly, he tucked the little towel back into a pocket, busying his hands as he shook his head.

"So undisciplined, concerned only with the end goal," he said, "But with your magic, you're probably used to skipping over the work anyway. All your life I doubt you'd had to do so much as fry an egg!"

Kicking his staff up off the ground, he spun it about before settling it at his side. "Without appreciation for the craft, you're hardly the master of anything."
    "You seem to be cherry pickin' the details to make your argument, you unimaginable doofus," Sasheem pointed out. "But, the bias is obvious. The fact of the matter is this too is a part of Sasheem's training. the training that began when he left the lookout so many weeks ago and sought out to perfect that which was lost."

Sasheem took a seat on the ground, deciding to sit there until thwir next destination was decided. "Just because Sasheem isn't a gibberish jabroni like yourself, don't mistake him for someone who doesn't understand how far he has to go to become the strongest in the universe! Sasheem's pretty certain he can beat you right here and now with no magic...no Katchin Mode."

"It ain't because Sasheem's over confident, he's just stating the facts," the Majin smirked smugly.. "You ain't got shit on the Mightiest Majin."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Setting Leon's map next to the topography granted to him from his Double from that Alternate Future, Ochazuke began to search for some correlation between the location of each hidden shrine.

"To the North, the Wolf." The ancient lines of the Master's ink were soon accented as Ochazuke marked each point with Ishiki Toei, creating pronounced markers just above the parchment.

"To the South-West, the Spider; North-West, the Bear." As he spoke, vectors of ki traced their journey of two years across the map.

"Now, South-East, the Phoenix; which leads us here, to the Lion."

It soon became clear that the location of each ancient shrine was no accident. Ochazuke's eyes narrowed as he then marked the location of the Master's Legacy.

Relative to the rest, there seemed to be some strange discrepancy.
    Samson looks at it, frowning.

“Ochazuke.......this...can you add the locations of the Turtle, Snake, Crane, Dragon, and Tiger schools?”
    Turning around and noting the looks crossing Ochazuke and Balon's faces, Sasheem chimed in. "So do we not know where it is now or what...?" The Majin asked, before pointing to Coral Canyon' location on the map. "Snake School's over there, if ya don't know..." he yawned.

Her father watches and once it’s over, nods.

“Very well then.”

He begins setting in motion the best legal defense he can get.
    In his office, Earl is looking at profiles of Qaztoh, and Nadila. ( I hope that video evidence is enough for a solid defense for the two. I don't want to see two kids go to prison just because they happen to end up in the wrong crowd, ) Earl thought.

(Von is dead, but my brother Sonata is still alive. His testimony would be beneficial to the defense. So he needs to be apprehended alive, ) Earl thought.

( however, if Sonata does die. Hopefully, the video evidence will be enough,) Earl thought.

Meanwhile, in a holding cell." Hey, Qaztoh, look what I got. I can't believe that Toadian with the goggles was carrying around this much cash on her," Nadila said as she waves a 1,000 Galactic credits in front of Qaztoh.

Qaztoh's skin turns red, and disappointed emoji appears in her pendant. "Nadila, you need to give that money back to Praxat. It doesn't belong to you," Qaztoh said.

" Wait, how the hell did you get a hold of Praxat's money in the first place?" Qaztoh said.

Nadila smirks." Well, I kind of drugged her with a tiny nearly invisible syringe and stole her money." Nadila said.

" I thought you said you were going to change your ways?"

Nadila whistles." I'm I promise," Nadila said.

" Then why did you take Praxat's money?" Qaztoh said.

" Force of habit!" Nadila said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-26-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Year 2

It had been well over three years since he had been convicted, and it was time for his sentence to be carried out. Dashir, the serial child predator who molested nearly 150 children over a thirteen year period was due to be executed in two days. Sarada had known about it for some time, but had been delaying and putting off what she knew she needed to do. The truth was right there, but she was too scared to go get it.

It wasn't that she was afraid of the truth itself. She knew that Parsley had nothing to do with her molestation, but she wanted to know why Dashir tried to bring her sister down with him. Why Parsley? Was it because Sarada was sitting across from him and he knew that she would believe him? She was going to find out.

The day before, she was briefed on the psychological analysis that he had been ordered to undergo by a team of top-psychologists and doctors. They wanted to determine the root cause of his... condition, and find out if it was something that could be diagnosed early and treated. If so, countless children were going to be spared the horrifying trauma that she had to endure, and was still enduring to this day. Not a day went by that she didn't, at the very least, think about it. Some days were better than others. The days of her being crippled by the very thought of what happened to her were long over and done with, but it was a lie to claim that she still wasn't affected.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The results weren't what she was hoping. She wanted either a hard "yes, this is a treatable disease", or "no, it isn't treatable. Just kill everyone who looks at a child wrong". It was somewhere in the middle, inconclusive. It was only one person. Dashir's mental illness stemmed from anger at women and feelings of inadequacy in the face of the stronger, more appealing men. He was weaker than most women, and thus was beaten when he tried to approach them. Children, on the other hand, were usually weaker than he was, and thus couldn't fight back when he grabbed them and did whatever he wanted to them.

There was no guarantee that the same could and would be found in others like him -- if there were in fact other people like him. Thus, the doctors could not say with certainty that they would be able to recognize and diagnose this condition soon enough to prevent a victim from falling prey.

Damn it! Why can't shit like this just be simple? she thought bitterly. She just wanted to protect children. She didn't want to just indiscriminately arrest any and every person who looked at them wrong. If they turned out to be innocent, that was on her. No, that was a slippery slope and she knew to avoid that.

She had no other choice but to wait until more data could be obtained, or new findings came from the data already available. With no other recourse and no further answers forthcoming from Dashir, she gave the word to execute him.

Two nights before his life was to come to an end, she entered his cell block. He had been forced to reside in solitary confinement, under around-the-clock security. Not because he was such a risk to break out, but because if he didn't have these extreme security measures, he would have been slaughtered long ago.

"Princess," the guard nodded.

She was still in Parsley's body, so this wasn't going to go the way she wanted. "I want to speak to the prisoner," she said. She showed him a form signed by... herself, dictating that she had permission from the Queen to visit the most notorious prisoner in Saiyan history.

He glanced at the form for a long moment, then nodded once. "You have five minutes. Warden's orders."

"Very well." She waited for him to step aside and unlock the door by pushing a button. When the door lock clicked open, she felt a sudden onrush of pure dread and terror wash over her. Her knees nearly buckled from the sudden weight. Even after all these years, I can't face him?! She was so much stronger than he was. It wasn't possible for him to hurt her anymore, so why couldn't she go inside?!

I did it before, I can do it again!

"Your Majesty?"

She glanced at the guard and found him staring at her quizzically. She nodded once and grabbed hold of the door handle. With a sudden jerk, she opened the door.

Dashir was sitting on the bed on the far wall. When she opened the door, his head jerked up, eyes wide. "Y-you."

Hearing him speak drove her heart into a frenzy. It was beating a hundred miles a second. Her fists balled to hide the severe tremble that would have given her fear away. Yes, fear. Even after over ten years, Sarada was still scared to death of him. She stared at him for what seemed like an eternity, her piercing gaze boring into him like a drill. He flinched, eliciting a smirk.

She needed to be very careful and think about what she said before she said it. No one but only a select few knew that she had been body-swapped with Parsley, and the wrong thing could blow her cover. "To think, there was a time when I was dangerously close to sharing a cell with you. And the same fate." Her words were icy and devoid of emotion. "Yet, thankfully, the truth prevailed and your little lie was quickly disproved."

He looked down to the floor, unable to hold her gaze anymore. "Is your sister with you?"

Her breath caught in her throat. She breathed slowly through her nose to calm herself down. "Unlike you, I'm not prone to making the same mistake twice."

"I'd like to thank you," he remarked as if she hadn't said a word. "Because of her delaying my execution, I know why I am the way that I am. I'm diseased. I'm sick."

It sounded like he was trying to weasel his way out of accepting responsibility for his crimes. Son of a bitch! Her heart was pounding in her chest like a war drum. She was starting to see red. Please stay calm. I just need to get though this. "Your entire life is a disease," she spat. "You're a cancer, and cancer should be cut from the healthy flesh and disposed of. In one more day, exactly that will happen." He tried to speak, but she cut him off. "Quiet. Before the world is rid of you, there is one thing I want to know." She took a dangerous step forward. "You told m..my sister that I agreed to let you kidnap and molest her. Yet, we both know that's a lie, don't we?"

That he looked away was the confirmation she needed. "Why lie? Why attempt to bring me down with you?"

He didn't answer.

"Could it be because you saw me as the epitome of the bitches who would never so much as breathe in your direction, much less mate with you? A powerful, confident woman like myself has no time for a sniveling little worm like you. So, is that it? Taking me down would be like you taking the entire female gender down, too, right?"

"Tch. You're a little too on the nose, Your Highness," he replied mockingly.

She grew disgusted. "Or, perhaps you're just an idiot who thought that by showing you a picture, I was giving you permission to defile my sister. All the other stuff you made up just to save your own hide, wasn't it?"

He growled softly, but said nothing for a time. When he did, his tone chilled her to the bone. "She was my favorite, you know."

Her mouth fell open, but nothing came out.

"The way she kept screaming was music to me. They say Saiyan women are born fiery, and that's true. It's very true. She kept demanding to go home." He shook his head and smiled, as if recalling a fond memory. "If it wasn't for you, I would have kept her forever. Or, at least until she grew up. I had so much planned for her. I wanted to do so much. I could have shown her things and experiences that she wouldn't have been able to find anywhere else. You think that goat woman she's with now can do to her what I could have. Ha! I would have had a good ten years with her before I kicked her to the curb.

"But no. You just had to ruin it, didn't you? I said you gave her to me because you took her away from me! She was the one -- untouched, innocent. She had fight but was too weak to fight back. I would have enjoyed her for years if it wasn't for you. She was my cure, and you ruined it. So, I sought to ruin you. And I nearly got away with it, too."

He chuckled. It was brief, but the evil in it was beyond belief. "You should have seen her face when I told her. At first, she didn't believe me, but after a while, she fell for it. And the police did too, for a time. Sadly, my word isn't worth much. Yet, yours isn't either. Not anymore; is it, Your Majesty?"

She wanted to scream. She wanted to run away and hide. She wanted to curl up in a ball and cry until she couldn't cry anymore. She lips trembled, but again, she could say nothing.

Dashir smiled, a predatory smile that sent an icy cold chill up her spine. "So, in a way, I win, Parsley. You may be innocent, but they'll never believe a word you say. Because in the back of their minds, and in the back of her mind, you'll always be that girl who let her sister get raped."

"SHUT UP!!" she roared. It took all of her crumbling willpower not to lash out and kill him right then and there. Every fiber of her being was screaming to wrap her hands around his throat and squeeze until his head popped off like a cork. It would only take a second, but she couldn't. For some reason, she refrained.

Instead of being afraid, he simply smiled. "Truth hurts, doesn't it?"

She backed away. Her breath was short and shallow. The room was starting to spin rapidly. She backed away until she hit the door behind her. Her hands were trembling so badly, she could barely grab the handle to open it.

"I'll see you in hell, Parsley."

She ran out of the cell. She ran and ran until she was outside and collided with someone. She didn't know who it was, but she didn't care. The tears burst out like a broken dam.

"It's okay," Maiz said soothingly.

She felt a warmness surround her. Sounds were muffled briefly. She felt weightless for a brief second before she was back on solid ground.

Her eyes cracked open and she found herself within Maiz's lair, hidden away from the world. "Don't worry about the guards. I'll make sure they don't remember what they saw."

She wanted to speak, but couldn't. Instead, she nodded shakily and slowly shuffled to the sofa and sat down. She curled into a ball, pulling her knees up to her chest and leaning against the armrest.

There was a lot Maiz could have said. Like how there were some truths best left buried. Or how facing her demons sometimes wasn't meant to be taken literally. Moving past what Dashir did to her could have been more than enough. Parsley was content with her place in the world. It was Sarada that needed to know the truth.

But, all of that was inconsequential compared to what she learned.

She was his favorite. She was his favorite. His favorite victim. He enjoyed using and defiling her the most. She felt beyond sick thinking about it.

There was a lot Maiz could have said, but the most loving thing she said was nothing. She just sat by Sarada and held her tightly, letting the silence calm her heart and mind.

------

The next morning, Dashir was executed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He holds her gently and supports her.

“Hello love. Beautiful as always.”
    Placing her head in his chest, Meagan smiled with a mix of love and relief, "Thank you for coming." She looks up at him, "The doctors say it could happen soon. I'm scared, Jinzi." a tear ran down her cheek, "There is so much that could go wrong."
    Last edited by Tami; 10-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.